PDA

View Full Version : Now Can We Stop Comparing Dirk to Bird?

DMC
06-02-2011, 09:59 PM
I mean really, the guy takes two steps back in the Finals, as if he's deferring to the rest of the team. He watches Wade go around his man and Dirk just stands there and gets dunked on.

You Mav homers go clean the cum off your pants from all the premature ejaculations and face the fact that Dirk isn't now and will never be as good as Larry Bird. He's not even Bob McAdoo.

ohmwrecker
06-02-2011, 10:15 PM
lol Does Mavfan actually do this?! That is much worse than Manu>Dirk tbqfh.

Reck
06-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Thank you.

Guy got game but to go as far as saying he's as good as Bird is retarded.

Ninja is not even better then Duncan let alone a legend.

DMC
06-02-2011, 10:46 PM
The jinx worked... :D

InK
:king

CubanMustGo
Holy fuck

DMC
06-02-2011, 10:49 PM
I got this shit DVR'd bitches.

dirk4mvp
06-02-2011, 10:50 PM
dat master race

06-02-2011, 10:52 PM
:lmao

peskypesky
06-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I mean really, the guy takes two steps back in the Finals, as if he's deferring to the rest of the team. He watches Wade go around his man and Dirk just stands there and gets dunked on.

You Mav homers go clean the cum off your pants from all the premature ejaculations and face the fact that Dirk isn't now and will never be as good as Larry Bird. He's not even Bob McAdoo.

you're an idiot. :lmao

Nathan89
http://www.deltalf.com/forum/images/smilies/nice_smilies/laugh.gif

Now is the best time to stop this comparison.

HornetLoveJones
can we stop making knee jerk threads that make us look like assholes?

DMC
06-02-2011, 10:57 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179145&highlight=jinx

Killakobe81
06-02-2011, 10:58 PM

LOL Dirk must of read this ...

badfish22
06-02-2011, 11:00 PM
lol DMC fails once more

RsxPiimp
06-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Faggot lol

TampaDude
06-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Sieg Heil, bitches!!!

DMC
06-03-2011, 12:26 AM
Seek hell motherfucker

hater
06-03-2011, 12:41 AM
holy fucking shit. full fail mode from spursfan

DMC
06-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Even though it's a jinx thread, Dirk is no Larry Bird and will never be and this goddamn police chopper flying around my house at midnight is pissing me off.

badfish22
06-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Carlisle is pimping the dirk-bird comparison again

DMC
06-03-2011, 12:59 AM
I don't blame Rick for doing it. It's like Dirk's mother comparing him to David Hasselhoff or something.

baseline bum
06-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Dirk can't be compared to anyone; I can't think of a single player from the last 25 years whose game is similar. Pierce was a decent comparison years ago when Nowitzki shot the three a lot more and neither played defense, but they have become wildly different players since the middle of last decade.

DMC
06-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Bob McAdoo is the only one that I can think of.

lD4vbr-280Q

Phillip
06-03-2011, 09:48 AM
Dirk is his own man. the only similarites between him and Bird is that they are white, blonde, good shooters, and high IQ players. but they have very different styles. Bird was more of a playmaker and hustle guy, while Dirk is an unstoppable scoring machine.

Both are/were absolutely amazing players though.

DMC
06-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Dirk is his own man. the only similarites between him and Bird is that they are white, blonde, good shooters, and high IQ players. but they have very different styles. Bird was more of a playmaker and hustle guy, while Dirk is an unstoppable scoring machine.

Both are/were absolutely amazing players though.Dirk is a great player, very dominant when he chooses to be. Getting him to realize that in time seems to be the chore for the coach.

It's Dirk's mentality that's limited his game, not his ability. That mentality has toughened as of late, but he's prone to regress back into the 2nd option mode.

jag
06-03-2011, 09:52 AM
dat master race

:lol

Phillip
06-03-2011, 09:57 AM
but he's prone to regress back into the 2nd option mode.

tbh, this sometimes is a blessing, other times is a curse, much like kobes desire to always be "the man" can at times be a blessing, other times a curse.

in general though, Dirk knows as well as any player I have ever seen, when he needs to allow his teammates to do work, and when he needs to interject and take over. hes not perfect, but no player is, but in general, hes very good and timely about that.

sometimes we may question him seeming to be a little too patient about when to take over, but i dont think we can really question it anymore considering all the takeovers and comebacks he has led this postseason alone. dude has been beast.

DMC
06-03-2011, 10:13 AM
tbh, this sometimes is a blessing, other times is a curse, much like kobes desire to always be "the man" can at times be a blessing, other times a curse.

in general though, Dirk knows as well as any player I have ever seen, when he needs to allow his teammates to do work, and when he needs to interject and take over. hes not perfect, but no player is, but in general, hes very good and timely about that.

sometimes we may question him seeming to be a little too patient about when to take over, but i dont think we can really question it anymore considering all the takeovers and comebacks he has led this postseason alone. dude has been beast.

Being that big with those skills, he has to assert himself earlier. It's a stretch to say Dirk is a better shooter than Kobe was, but he's got a much more unstoppable shot than Kobe ever had and he's a monster at the FT line.

He might even be a better shooter.

Phillip
06-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Being that big with those skills, he has to assert himself earlier. It's a stretch to say Dirk is a better shooter than Kobe was, but he's got a much more unstoppable shot than Kobe ever had and he's a monster at the FT line.

He might even be a better shooter.

I'm pretty sure Dirk would beat Kobe in most shooting contests.

Again, I'm not saying he shouldn't assert himself sooner, but considering how many times we have seen him wait until the last possible moment and lead a furious comeback or run of points to hold an opponent off, I'm not going to question him anymore.

Roger Freemason Jr.
06-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Who fucking cares? Oh wow, a comeback! Dirk was still fucking terrible the entire game up until clutch-time, he still doesn't play any effective form of defense, and he could never hold Bird's jock-strap.

Axe Murderer
06-03-2011, 12:59 PM
& you'd have all the answers right? Because you're so fucking mighty here on ST, that you have so much pull, that you know for certain that Neal raped a bitch. Damn, I'm amazed at your piece of shit mentality. You're not offending ME because you THINK Gary Neal raped a bitch, so get off my rod faggot.

BlackSwordsMan
06-03-2011, 01:01 PM
DPG + DMC both wrong about dem mavs.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 01:09 PM
tbh larry bird always faded away in the clutch, that is why Mchale, Parish, and Ainge hit all the clutch shots. Dirk is better than larry overrated Bird and it is not close.

jonnybravo
06-03-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure Dirk would beat Kobe in most shooting contests.

Again, I'm not saying he shouldn't assert himself sooner, but considering how many times we have seen him wait until the last possible moment and lead a furious comeback or run of points to hold an opponent off, I'm not going to question him anymore.

Dirk/Kobe combo was always one of hte most intriguing trades that never happened.

Back when the Lakers were shopping Shaq, the idea of Dirk and Kobe would have been such an electric combo.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 01:25 PM
It would have been JHO and Harris for Kobe right?

Phillip
06-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Who fucking cares? Oh wow, a comeback! Dirk was still fucking terrible the entire game up until clutch-time, he still doesn't play any effective form of defense, and he could never hold Bird's jock-strap.

bird didnt much defense either. in fact, 80% of players in the 80s didnt play a lick of defense.

Phillip
06-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Dirk/Kobe combo was always one of hte most intriguing trades that never happened.

Back when the Lakers were shopping Shaq, the idea of Dirk and Kobe would have been such an electric combo.

probably would have been sick, although Dirk likely would not have become the player he is if he was traded for Shaq at that point of his career. he needed a chance to be the #1 guy and fail like he has, for him to develop his game the way he did.

DPG21920
06-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Dirk is great, but Bird > Dirk.

DMC
06-05-2011, 11:54 PM
DPG + DMC both wrong about dem mavs.

Is you serious?

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Anyone who did this in the first place is a moron. Larry Bird is a champion. Nowitzki is a poser.