PDA

View Full Version : Under Repugs, rich get richer, the rest get ...

boutons_deux
06-03-2011, 12:54 PM
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Screen-shot-2011-06-03-at-5.20.16-AM.png

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/06/10-year-real-wage-gains-lower-than-during-depression.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NakedCapitalism+%28naked+capi talism%29

===

With the Repugs ramming through the tax cuts in 2001 with reconciliation, the wages began a huge drop in growth.

And jobs created under the Repugs were essentially stagnant, another huge first.

So cutting taxes causes trickle down, creates jobs, and the stimulates the economy. ALL Repug lies.

Sec24Row7
06-03-2011, 01:57 PM
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Screen-shot-2011-06-03-at-5.20.16-AM.png

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/06/10-year-real-wage-gains-lower-than-during-depression.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NakedCapitalism+%28naked+capi talism%29

===

With the Repugs ramming through the tax cuts in 2001 with reconciliation, the wages began a huge drop in growth.

And jobs created under the Repugs were essentially stagnant, another huge first.

So cutting taxes causes trickle down, creates jobs, and the stimulates the economy. ALL Repug lies.

I don't think I have ever seen a more convoluted graph... or representation of facts... congratulations.

boutons_deux
06-03-2011, 02:34 PM
too stupid to understand it

DarrinS
06-03-2011, 03:55 PM
nakedcapitalism is probably a very unbiased source

Sec24Row7
06-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I sure am boutons... I'm just too stupid to understand it... heh

Wild Cobra
06-03-2011, 06:27 PM
The graph represents the growth from the 10 years prior. The end of the graph of April 2011 shows only a 4.2% growth since April 2001.

Source article:

10-Year Real Wage Gains Worse Than During Depression

By JED GRAHAM, INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY Posted 06/02/2011 08:00 AM ET (http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/573982/201106020800/10-Year-Real-Wage-Growth-Worse-Than-During-Depression.htm)

The article contines, but convienlyly left out by Boutons link:

Then there is a dramatic, decade-long job shift that has occurred. The often higher-paying goods-producing sector, including construction and manufacturing, has shed 26% of its workers. Meanwhile, typically lower-paying service industries have kept growing their payrolls: social assistance (41%), nursing homes (21%), leisure and hospitality (10%).

"To the extent you have more hotels and fewer manufacturing jobs," the changing composition of the work force has been a negative for wage growth, said John Silvia, chief economist at Wells Fargo Securities.

Behind this job shift is the globalization of production, which has fed "the substitution of capital for labor" amid a push for productivity and competitiveness.

"Brain, not brawn, is required" for today's high-skilled factory jobs in the U.S., Silvia said.

A third trend is the increase in nonwage compensation — fueled by the growth of tax-free health care spending — which has eroded real wage gains.

A fourth factor, rising food and fuel prices, has taken a bite out of real wage growth in the past year.

The long dry spell for real wage gains tests the natural resilience of America's consumer economy.

I wish it addresses the exportation of manufacturing jobs to other countries, but it didn't.

ChuckD
06-03-2011, 07:17 PM
The graph represents the growth from the 10 years prior. The end of the graph of April 2011 shows only a 4.2% growth since April 2001.

Source article:

10-Year Real Wage Gains Worse Than During Depression

By JED GRAHAM, INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY Posted 06/02/2011 08:00 AM ET (http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/573982/201106020800/10-Year-Real-Wage-Growth-Worse-Than-During-Depression.htm)

The article contines, but convienlyly left out by Boutons link:

I wish it addresses the exportation of manufacturing jobs to other countries, but it didn't.

That's just good Capitalism. What's your fucking problem, comrade?

Capt Bringdown
06-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Let them eat cake, provided they can afford the free market value of cake.

Wild Cobra
06-04-2011, 12:06 AM
That's just good Capitalism. What's your fucking problem, comrade?
It's the likes of Comrade Obama, who want to raise taxes, as to why more business outsource labor today.

ElNono
06-04-2011, 01:08 AM
It's the likes of Comrade Obama, who want to raise taxes, as to why more business outsource labor today.

Because cutting taxes has really trickled down jobs and stopped outsourcing... :lmao

DarkReign
06-06-2011, 02:53 PM

Taxes have nothing to do with why manufacturing jobs are leaving the States.

Its because Pedro Cortez can make a living in Mexico on $6 a day and the product he produces is tariff free under NAFTA. Thanks, Clinton.

boutons_deux
06-06-2011, 03:21 PM
MX subsistence farmers got screwed and impoverished by the importation of duty-free subsidized US corn, etc thanks to NAFTA. That "giant sucking sound" was MX farmers going down the NAFTA drain. Now much of MX corn market has been captured by US BigAg.

And then US mfrs closed lots of their MX factories and shifted to China, screwing also those MX workers.

Many of those screwed Mexicans then immigrated illegally to USA trying to support their families and worked for BigAg as cheap, often cheated and unpaid, illegal laborers. See NAFTA as a BigAg tool to obtain cheap(er) labor.

The UCA wins big, workers, both MX and USA, get screwed. That was the game plan all along.

baseline bum
06-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Taxes have nothing to do with why manufacturing jobs are leaving the States.

Its because Pedro Cortez can make a living in Mexico on $6 a day and the product he produces is tariff free under NAFTA. Thanks, Clinton.

I still can't believe no one listened to Ross Perot when he was killing both Bush and Clinton over this NAFTA crap in the debates.

rascal
06-06-2011, 06:07 PM

If the companies have the work they will hire the people regardless of taxes.
Because the work needs to get done and more work means more profits.
Taxes play no role.
Too much of a big deal about companies not hiring because of taxes.

boutons_deux
06-06-2011, 06:49 PM
"Too much of a big deal"

NOT a big deal, it's a lie, as big a lie as trickle down and all the bullshit Repugs spew.

Companies have $Ts in cash. They, esp SMBs, aren't hiring because demand is down. Demand is down because salaries, where they exist are down, and millions are worried about holding onto what they have.

coyotes_geek
06-07-2011, 10:06 AM
I still can't believe no one listened to Ross Perot when he was killing both Bush and Clinton over this NAFTA crap in the debates.

American voters are only interested in party affiliation and physical appearances. Short, funny talking, independent candidates are not worthy of the electorate's attention. Nevermind how much more intelligent that short, funny talking, independent candidate was than the other candidates with acceptable party affiliations.

Blake
06-07-2011, 10:22 AM
American voters are only interested in party affiliation and physical appearances.

based on thread topics such as "hey guess who else votes republican like me", I'd say you are way off.