PDA

View Full Version : Why is Dirk so much better than Duncan right now?

spurs777
06-03-2011, 01:06 PM
They are what only about 2 years seperated. Is Dirk's worth ethic, strength, and conditioning really that much better than Duncan? Or does Duncan just not care anymore? Maybe he has won 4 rings so he thinks that is enough and doesn't want to be compared to MJ.

gameFACE
06-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Now that Duncan is in the twilight of his career and Shaq has retired, a weak post player like Dirk has a chance to win a ring. He hasn't taken a beating like the other two.

TJastal
06-03-2011, 01:22 PM
If you put Bonner, Blair & McDyess next to Dirk and Chandler next to Duncan (and stuff Popovich in a locker (and let the big 3 be player/coaches) good chance were watching teh spurs right now instead of the mavs.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 01:23 PM
If you put Bonner, Blair & McDyess next to Dirk and Chandler next to Duncan (and stuff Popovich in a locker (and let the big 3 be player/coaches) good chance were watching teh spurs right now instead of the mavs.
TBH Dyse>Haywood

spurs777
06-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Now that Duncan is in the twilight of his career and Shaq has retired, a weak post player like Dirk has a chance to win a ring. He hasn't taken a beating like the other two.
Weak is having to watch Duncan not give 2 shits about the Spurs organization, no class.

gameFACE
06-03-2011, 01:25 PM
So Dirk's not a weak post player?

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 01:25 PM
They are what only about 2 years seperated. Is Dirk's worth ethic, strength, and conditioning really that much better than Duncan? Or does Duncan just not care anymore? Maybe he has won 4 rings so he thinks that is enough and doesn't want to be compared to MJ.

They're different types of players. I'll always take Timmy over Dirk.
But I think Dirk could have even been a greater player had he been coached differently in his early years with focus on post play and defense.

lefty
06-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Shooting guards age better than big men

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Because Ian is on his team now.

Fpoonsie
06-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Wow.

People still take the faggot OP seriously?

Axe Murderer
06-03-2011, 01:30 PM
But I think Dirk could have even been a greater player had he been coached differently in his early years with focus on post play and defense.

That's completely retarded.

Dirk would've been Jake Voskuhl 2.0 if he was coached to be a post player. His unique ability is why he's so great, you don't try and mold him into something he's not.

TJastal
06-03-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm sure Tim Duncan cared at one point. Until Pop decided the hell with defense and signed Bonner and promoted Michael Finley (and later Richard Jefferson) to power forward.

Spurtacus
Duncan has a shit ton of mileage on him. Four years of college, 14 years playing hard on BOTH sides of the ball, and a current weaker supporting cast.

cantthinkofanything
Wow.

People still take the faggot OP seriously?

I'm sure it was unintentional but there was a legitimate and somewhat interesting talking point in the OP.

Fpoonsie
06-03-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm sure it was unintentional but there was a legitimate and somewhat interesting talking point in the OP.

It's a pretty easy answer. Different styles of play. More mileage.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Duncan has a shit ton of mileage on him. Four years of college, 14 years playing hard on BOTH sides of the ball, and a current weaker supporting cast.
Dirk may not be a great defender or rebounder but it has little to do with effort.

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 01:34 PM
That's completely retarded.

Dirk would've been Jake Voskuhl 2.0 if he was coached to be a post player. His unique ability is why he's so great, you don't try and mold him into something he's not.

You're retarded. I'm not saying to ignore his unique ability. But had he developed better post skills early, he would have an even better player. It's not like he was going to lose his shooting touch by working on other areas.

Axe Murderer
06-03-2011, 01:35 PM
You're retarded. I'm not saying to ignore his unique ability. But had he developed better post skills early, he would have an even better player. It's not like he was going to lose his shooting touch by working on other areas.

You're right

I also think they should've taught Shaq and Duncan to shoot threes. Then they would've been completely unstoppable!

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm sure Tim Duncan cared at one point. Until Pop decided the hell with defense and signed Bonner and promoted Michael Finley (and later Richard Jefferson) to power forward.lol thinking Duncan doesn't care.

agenda uber alles

spurs777
06-03-2011, 01:37 PM
You're right

I also think they should've taught Shaq and Duncan to shoot threes. Then they would've been completely unstoppable!
Duncan hit a shot from 3 when it mattered

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 01:46 PM
You're right

What an irrational arugment. It's not a stretch to teach an athletic 7 footer to how to play in the post.

TJastal
06-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Just doing my job keeping appearances, must deflect attention away from the terrible coaching Pop has done since 2008.. must keep the pretense that Timmy still cares and everything's fine just had a few bad luck years, um, well ok like 4 now

DesignatedT
06-03-2011, 01:52 PM
i thought this troll was banned

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I know Duncan doesn't care because I know the hearts and minds of everyone I see on television. I'm a magical empath and clairvoyant. The only reason Ian Mahinmi doesn't play is because Brendan Haywood makes more money.

Phillip
06-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Saying Duncan doesnt care is dumb, but its also dumb if people think that at this point in his career, he is working as hard as Dirk has been to stay on top of the league. Timmy already is widely accepted as the best PF ever, and one of the greatest players ever, has 4 titles, 2 MVPs... what more can he play for at this point? Dirk on the other hand is still chasing that elusive 1st title, so naturally he would be more focused than Timmy currently is.

DesignatedT
06-03-2011, 02:10 PM
lmao

crc21209
06-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Shooting guards age better than big men

This. Duncan is an all-around player, not just a jump shooter. Duncan rebounds, defends, you name it. All Dirk basically does is shoot the ball, plain and simple....

TJastal
06-03-2011, 02:24 PM
This. Duncan is an all-around player, not just a jump shooter. Duncan rebounds, defends, you name it. All Dirk basically does is shoot the ball, plain and simple....

I'm with your line of thinking, but I'm not jumping off the deep end with it. Dirk does rebound and defend fairly often in a typical game. He's just had better support than Timmy in the paint the past 4 years which is the biggest difference I see in the two and the main reason he's still going strong while Duncan's body is giving out.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 02:28 PM
If Duncan was more than a jump shooter and Dirk is just a jump shooter then why did Duncan play like an average starter this year and Dirk still a superstar? Dirk is more than a jump shooter

Sportstudi
06-03-2011, 02:36 PM

Duncan has more mileage, I agree. But I wouldn't call it a shitload. Don't forget that Dirk played a lot for Germany and thus, making a lot of mileage there and quite often he didn't have a break during summer.

TJastal
06-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Duncan has more mileage, I agree. But I wouldn't call it a shitload. Don't forget that Dirk played a lot for Germany and thus, making a lot of mileage there and quite often he didn't have a break during summer.

Timmy played WOW every summer. Does that count as mileage? Those goblins can be nasty, ya know.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Timmy played WOW every summer. Does that count as mileage? Those goblins can be nasty, ya know.
Dirk plays Guitar Hero I believe, thats some intense shit

dbreiden83080
06-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Athletes go from great to only good in a blink of an eye once you get much past 30.. Jeter had a career year in 2009 and now he can't even hit 280 for a season..

TJastal
06-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Athletes go from great to only good in a blink of an eye once you get much past 30.. Jeter had a career year in 2009 and now he can't even hit 280 for a season..

Ray Allen says hi.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Jeter was on HGH however, Duncan is clean (well except for the prozac) and Dirk is clean

spurs777
06-03-2011, 02:52 PM

Ray Allen says hi.
grant hill and stevie "flash" nash

dbreiden83080
06-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Ray Allen says hi.

Yes this rule of course applies to every athlete in the NBA :rolleyes

dbreiden83080
06-03-2011, 02:53 PM

Hill :lol

Sean Cagney
06-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Common sense would answer this question for you before you asked it. Most in here hit it on the head, post player who carried the load for deep runs years on end, one a jump shooter who takes alot less contact.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 02:54 PM
lol Now TJ is arguing that athletes' abilities don't decline after 30.

Such is the way of The Agenda.

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Common sense would answer this question for you before you asked it. Most in here hit it on the head, post player who carried the load for deep runs years on end, one a jump shooter who takes alot less contact.

Plus the years of Aryan breeding.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 02:56 PM
this is sarcasm right? the only person that gets more beat up in the NBA than Dirk is Dwight

spurs777
06-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Hill :lol
yep, a top 5 defender that gets it done on both ends

TJastal
06-03-2011, 02:58 PM

lol Now TJ is arguing that athletes' abilities don't decline after 30.

Such is the way of The Agenda.

lol The Agenda ... that's rich coming from you. Maybe even richer than your famous raspberry cookies, but I digress..

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 02:58 PM
this is sarcasm right? the only person that gets more beat up in the NBA than Dirk is Dwight

Don't forget Wally Szczerbiak.

dbreiden83080
06-03-2011, 03:01 PM
yep, a top 5 defender that gets it done on both ends

Duncan can't play D anymore?

Duncan can't score anymore

Really huh??

ChumpDumper
lol The Agenda ... that's rich coming from you. Maybe even richer than your famous raspberry cookies, but I digress..Nah, The Agenda blinds you from recognizing that I usually only point out the rather obvious flaws in The Agenda. You can certainly call that my agenda if you like.

It makes you angry and you start talking about homosexual acts.

ChumpDumper
Don't forget Wally Szczerbiak.:lmao

TJastal
06-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Nah, The Agenda blinds you from recognizing that I usually only point out the rather obvious flaws in The Agenda. You can certainly call that my agenda if you like.

It makes you angry and you start talking about homosexual acts.

"Usually" in some 60 thousand posts still leaves a lot of wiggle room. :rollin

spurs777
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Duncan can't play D anymore?

Duncan can't score anymore

Really huh??
The fact that Hill and Duncan are in the same sentance after all of Hill's injuries really says it all...

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
"Usually" in some 60 thousand posts still leaves a lot of wiggle room. :rollinI did not post 60,000 posts about you, as much as you might like that. The rest of the time with you, I'm chronicling your not so latent homosexuality.

I don't do what you accuse me of doing. You're too much of an idiot to see what I actually do.

4>0rings
06-03-2011, 03:06 PM
2 fucking pages?? :lmao

cd98
06-03-2011, 03:08 PM

Steve Nash and Grant Hill have declined. Big time. Not that they aren't effective players in a run and gun system that hides their weaknesses and allows them higher volume of shots. But they are no where near as good as they were in their prime.

Age will catch up with Dirk. He's already slower on defense. His rebounding and scoring numbers have also declined. He's still an effective shooter, but his ability to get shots will decline over the next couple of years.

Also, why so tough on Duncan. He would be a starter for every team in the NBA. It's not like, at age 35, he doesn't belong in the NBA. He can be just as effective in a game as Dirk, Nash, or Hill. Maybe he can't score like Dirk, but Dirk has always been a better scorer while Duncan has been the better overall player.

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Age will catch up with Dirk. He's already slower on defense. His rebounding and scoring numbers have also declined. He's still an effective shooter, but his ability to get shots will decline over the next couple of years.

Dirk's scoring hasn't dropped off at all. And his % was at an all time high this last year. With his size and the fallaway, he's going to be able to get his own shot for some time.

TJastal
06-03-2011, 03:16 PM
The rest of the time with you, I'm chronicling your not so latent homosexuality.

I don't do what you accuse me of doing. You're too much of an idiot to see what I actually do.

Okay, I'll play along. What do you actually do? Besides whine and moan about everyone who criticizes the FO moves and foreverafter nitpick every post they make? Is there some hidden pot of gold contained somewhere I haven't seen yet?

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Is there some hidden pot of gold contained somewhere I haven't seen yet?

Man, that would be really cool. I'd really rub it in the faces of all those people saying I'm wasting my time.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Dirk's PPG fell off after he came back from his injury where he was no where near 100% other than that he is as good a scorer as he has ever been.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Okay, I'll play along. What do you actually do? Besides whine and moan about everyone who criticizes the FO moves and foreverafter nitpick every post they make? Is there some hidden pot of gold contained somewhere I haven't seen yet?Your bitching and moaning about "nitpicking" says it all. You're blinded by The Agenda and angry when you get called on it. It's fun because you keep posting the same made up bullshit, making the same mistakes and hope someday you'll get away with it. Sorry, the forum is self-correcting and you're pretty much on a KillBillPana level of ease to destroy. I just do it more quickly than others. Call it a gift.

TJastal
06-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Your bitching and moaning about "nitpicking" says it all. You're blinded by The Agenda and angry when you get called on it. It's fun because you keep posting the same made up bullshit, making the same mistakes and hope someday you'll get away with it. Sorry, the forum is self-correcting and you're pretty much on a KillBillPana level of ease to destroy. I just do it more quickly than others. Call it a gift.

Yes, agent Moulder of spurstalk. Please don't destroy me with your popper ray gun made of an empty toilet paper tube and tin foil.

cd98
06-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Dirk's scoring hasn't dropped off at all. And his % was at an all time high this last year. With his size and the fallaway, he's going to be able to get his own shot for some time.

Dirk relies on fade aways to get that separation. It's not just his height. He will experience a decline. They all do. He'll be a different player at 35 then what he is now. Just wait.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Yes, agent Moulder of spurstalk. Please don't destroy me with your popper ray gun made of an empty toilet paper tube and tin foil.Hey, you got the right thread this time.

Congratulations.

Kind of put a damper on your new X-Files campaign though tbh.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Dirk relies on fade aways to get that separation. It's not just his height. He will experience a decline. They all do. He'll be a different player at 35 then what he is now. Just wait.
Dirk relies a lot more than on fade aways to get that seperation, he shoots the ball from behind his head, he the best pump fake in the NBA bar none, and has a great bball IQ, his athletisism has already fallen but other parts of his game has improved.

TJastal
06-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Hey, you got the right thread this time.

Congratulations.

Kind of put a damper on your new X-Files campaign though tbh.

Well it's been fun traversing the great unknown with you. It's bedtime for this alien Agenda interloper...

Night night, better keep an eye on the skies Agent Moulder I might be up there one of these nights ready to give you one of these: :nutkick:

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Dirk relies a lot more than on fade aways to get that seperation, he shoots the ball from behind his head, he the best pump fake in the NBA bar none, and has a great bball IQ, his athletisism has already fallen but other parts of his game has improved.

This is your finest work yet.

100% true. Dirk has several more years of playing at this kind of level.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Well it's been fun traversing the great unknown with you. It's bedtime for this alien Agenda interloper...

Night night, better keep an eye on the skies Agent Moulder I might be up there one of these nights ready to give you one of these: :nutkick:
You should at least get the names right if you are going to commit to this schtick.

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 04:05 PM
:nutkick:

Nice work. Somehow tying a bow on several threads at once.

jjktkk
06-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Tjastal is spurs777.

TJastal
06-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Nice work. Somehow tying a bow on several threads at once.

You should petition spurstalk for the removal of that emoticon. Really, you should. It's dirty.

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 04:09 PM
You should petition spurstalk for the removal of that emoticon. Really, you should. It's dirty.

Nothing dirty about it. Green just playing good solid defense.

Ghazi
06-03-2011, 04:10 PM

weaker supporting cast? debatable

Parker/Ginobili are excellent.

If you swap Dirk w/ Duncan Mavs are not in this position... probably 2nd round exit to LA

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Nothing dirty about it. Green just playing good solid defense.:lmao

CubanMustGo
06-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Dirk: Date of birth June 19, 1978 (age 32)
Tim: Date of birth April 25, 1976 (age 35)

/thread

spurs777
06-03-2011, 04:25 PM

/thread
Dirk turn 33 in 16 days

daslicer
06-03-2011, 04:25 PM

/thread

Yup Duncan didn't start to experience significant decline until the spring of '09. By then he was 33. Dirk is 32 so we will see if he is still playing on a high level next year in the '12 playoffs.

crc21209
06-03-2011, 04:34 PM
If Duncan was more than a jump shooter and Dirk is just a jump shooter then why did Duncan play like an average starter this year and Dirk still a superstar? Dirk is more than a jump shooter

Sure he is...:rolleyes :lol

cd98
06-03-2011, 04:51 PM
weaker supporting cast? debatable

Parker/Ginobili are excellent.

If you swap Dirk w/ Duncan Mavs are not in this position... probably 2nd round exit to LA

Only because the Mavs need Dirk's scoring more than they need a player with Tim Duncan's all around game. He's a better scorer than Tim and has been so for a while. But he isn't the rebounder, defender, or passer that Tim is.

Similarly, the Spurs don't need Tim to score a ton of points. If he got his touches, he'd be an 18-20 point scorer. Instead, they have him focus on defense, where if not for him, we would be the worst defensive team in the league.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Dirk has become a great passer with time come on now, I agree Tim is far superior defender and rebounder tho. Duncan>Dirk>KG

cd98
06-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Dirk turn 33 in 16 days

Right, but when Duncan was at the 32 turning 33 age, he was scoring 20 points per game.

Age catches up quick and also the Spurs have moved the focus of the offense from dump it down to Tim to more touches for everyone. If Tim was scoring 20 points a game people wouldn't be talking like this.

cd98
06-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Dirk has become a great passer with time come on now, I agree Tim is far superior defender and rebounder tho. Duncan>Dirk>KG

Tim was a great passer out of double teams after about 4 years in the league. Not saying Dirk is not a good passer, but Duncan was much better much earlier and is still good now.

Brazil
06-03-2011, 05:20 PM
4 pages thread thats a successful troll ladies and gentlemen

spurs777
06-03-2011, 05:21 PM
it will get up to 5

spurs777
06-03-2011, 05:22 PM
4 pages thread thats a successful troll ladies and gentlemen
what is a troll?

Brazil
06-03-2011, 05:25 PM
what is a troll?

I'll help you to go for page 5, page 5 is the frontier between a good troll and a great troll. For instance KBP is a great troll he is a 80% page 5.

mavsfan1000
06-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Dirk has always had a great shot. He doesn't have to back down players to score. It is less physical for him compared to Duncan's style.

spurs777
I'll help you to go for page 5, page 5 is the frontier between a good troll and a great troll. For instance KBP is a great troll he is a 80% page 5.
:clap

spurs777
Dirk has always had a great shot. He doesn't have to back down players to score. It is less physical for him compared to Duncan's style.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 05:27 PM
TBH Duncan should work on getting a quicker release on his jumper

Brazil
06-03-2011, 05:28 PM

+1000

way to go to page 5: quote a serious post on a troll thread and type a nice +10000, you can also use the :toast or the :rolleyes, the :wakeup is also a good way to feed a troll thread

Brazil
06-03-2011, 05:30 PM
TBH Duncan should work on getting a quicker release on his jumper

duncan don't do jumpers it's his religion, he is just playing like a man, a true big not like dirk pussy 7'0 shooting guard

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 05:32 PM
TBH Duncan should work on getting a quicker release on his jumper:lol

spurs777
06-03-2011, 05:32 PM
diareha spin

Brazil
06-03-2011, 05:35 PM
changing a poster quote is also a nice tool to reach the page 5

good job spurs007

mavsfan1000
06-03-2011, 05:41 PM
duncan don't do jumpers it's his religion, he is just playing like a man, a true big not like dirk pussy 7'0 shooting guard
If Duncan had Dirk's shot, he wouldn't be wearing himself out so much. :D

spurs777
06-03-2011, 05:44 PM

TD 21
06-03-2011, 05:45 PM

Well said.

He's still a more complete player than Nowitzki. He rebounds and defends significantly better and he's a better passer and screen setter.

Many of you have shown yourself to be novice fans, seeing as how you seemingly think what's happening to Duncan is some exclusive or rare thing. You look at all of the dominant all around big men, they all declined significantly later in their careers.

Duncan is actually holding up better than the vast majority. He's really only fallen off significantly in one area: one-on-one scoring. His knees, subsequent loss of weight to reduce the stress on his knees and inevitable decline in mobility are responsible for this. Other than that, he's still one of the best rebounders/shot blockers/passing big men in the league. Just last season, he was 5th in the league in PER. He fell to 14th this season. Still, he's no worse than the third best center in the league.

The same couldn't be said for O'Neal, Olajuwon, Ewing, etc., late in their career. Robinson was different, in that he had far less wear and tear, because he played less years than most of them and had less arduous mileage, because he had Duncan from 97-03.

mavsfan1000
06-03-2011, 05:46 PM
How about pornfan1000. :D

spurs777
06-03-2011, 05:48 PM
more crazy spin randolph and Gasol ate Duncan for breakfast for such a "great" defender he sure was terrible in the memphis series

spurs777
06-03-2011, 05:48 PM
How about pornfan1000. :D

wildbill2u
06-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Duncan was never the shooter that Dirk was and is, especially from the perimeter. We all can remember the years where he lost confidence in his 15-18 foot bank shot.

Dirk has labored in the shadow of Timmy all these years as people complained about him being a one-dimensional player (shooter) and 'soft". These days he's actually playing some defense and collecting some rebounds down in the paint.

I think people are only now beginning to appreciate him as a truly unique talent. Timmy may have locked up the title of "best forward ever" with his all-around play over the years, but Dirk is the PF superstar right now.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 08:14 PM
How many playoff wins did KG have as lead dog?

Solid D
06-03-2011, 11:55 PM
We are all made differently. Some people gray sooner than others. Some people lose their hair, some don't. Some people, and those they descended from, live to ripe old ages of 90 or more years, while some die in their 50s, 60s or early 70s. Some people are more flexible and have more elasticity in their joints than others.

Genetics and differences in people's body types are what make up the human race.

There were so many years there where Duncan dominated Dirk in one-on-one situations. It's Dirk's time now.

Sean Cagney
06-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Why does TIM have 4 rings and Dirk zero right now? Make that thread you faggots.

But he did not and got 4 rings out of it! How many does Dirk have from that SHOT he has? :lol:lol:lol He might end up with one when said and DONE, so that shot got him one and Tims style got him 4, I will take that.

IF DIRK had Tims D and rebounding and post play he might have 4 rings! Well I guess he did not in his prime so he might end up with one at the most.

spurs777
06-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Why does TIM have 4 rings and Dirk zero right now?

Ginobli, Parker, Bowen, Robinson, Pop, and such?

100%duncan
06-04-2011, 01:04 AM
:lmao gnsf

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 02:08 AM
Spurs777,

I give you props for getting people's attention.

Now, will you admit you are a supertroll? Thanks.

spurs777
06-04-2011, 02:17 AM
Spurs777,

I give you props for getting people's attention.

Now, will you admit you are a supertroll? Thanks.
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/default/files/images/wp/u-mad1.jpg

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 09:48 AM
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/default/files/images/wp/u-mad1.jpg

And you love it!

Brazil
06-04-2011, 10:03 AM
congratulations spurs777 you're first page 5 troll thread !

Ginobili2Duncan
06-04-2011, 11:28 AM
It helps when you play the least physically demanding game of any star player in the league while your other superstar counterparts of your respective era have significantly declined because they have had more deep playoff runs.

Hooks
06-04-2011, 12:05 PM
It's Mav fans like Spurs777 that make me root for the Heat.

And just in case Spurs777 is somehow retarded and actually asked this question seriously it's because well Duncan has played Defense for 13 years in a row you know, the OTHER half of the game lmao, the one Dirk hasn't played his entire career.

spurs777
06-04-2011, 12:07 PM
And you love it!
damn straight

spurs777
06-04-2011, 12:08 PM
It's Mav fans like Spurs777 that make me root for the Heat.

And just in case Spurs777 is somehow retarded and actually asked this question seriously it's because well Duncan has played Defense for 13 years in a row you know, the OTHER half of the game lmao, the one Dirk hasn't played his entire career.
Duncan sure didn't play any defense this playoffs

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Duncan sure didn't play any defense this playoffs

omg you are such a sweet sweet little troll!

spurs777
06-04-2011, 12:17 PM
omg you are such a sweet sweet little troll!
Fat santa (Randolph) and Gasol were running circles around him

Hooks
06-04-2011, 12:37 PM

Just like they did against a front line of Ibaka, Collison, and Perkins, probably the best defensive front line in the NBA.

Why do trolls troll? I just don't get it, is it their mission to get owned?

spurs10
06-04-2011, 01:03 PM
If the OP is talking about sucking cock, which is likely for a Mavs troll, then the answer is easy. Dirk is better because Tim doesn't suck cock. If he's talking about basketball then the answer is also easy. Dirk has enjoyed many, many, many, many,..............very long vacations throughout his career. He's probably better than Tim at swimming pool volleyball as well.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2011, 01:29 PM
lol thats laughable, Tim has the potential to be a dominate volleyball player with his spike. Dirk doesn't take vacations btw.
When it all first happened during the playoffs, I thought I would really be thinking about it all the time, all day, every day. But I came home [in late May] and took a great vacation [to Crete, Greece] with my family.http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=4510003

Hooks
06-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Gasol + Randolph against SA: 51.3 % FG
Gasol + Randolph against OKC: 44 % FG

Whoops

Yeah, that had nothing to do with Bonner or Blair trying to guard them, whoops you sure did forget about that :lmao.

TJastal
06-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Looks like Agent Mulder is foiling our plans to implement The Agenda, spurs777. The Syndicate is most displeased.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2011, 01:59 PM
His agenda is not The Agenda.

Thanks for continuing to show how much your butt hurts.

TJastal
06-04-2011, 02:09 PM
His agenda is not The Agenda.

Thanks for continuing to show how much your butt hurts.

You'll never find out all the details of The Agenda. We have tentacles and associates reaching into every corner of spurstalk.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2011, 02:11 PM
You'll never find out all the details of The Agenda. We have tentacles and associates reaching into every corner of spurstalk.:lol All the details of The Agenda are in your posts, idiot.

It's no secret.

TJastal
06-04-2011, 02:16 PM
:lol All the details of The Agenda are in your posts, idiot.

It's no secret.

Damn, foiled again. The Syndicate will make you pay for this outrage, Agent Mulder!

TJastal
06-04-2011, 02:30 PM
actually Randolph's numbers were better when Bonner was on the bench

Eyeball test don't lie.

J_Paco
06-04-2011, 02:32 PM
actually Randolph's numbers were better when Bonner was on the bench

Hem, that means that either old-man McDyess or Blair was guarding him. Or do you really expect Timmy to be able to guard two individuals at once??

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 04:37 PM

You shall henceforth be regarded as the great Bung-Trollio!

Mav-elous Man
06-04-2011, 10:54 PM

thats one hell of a formula you got going there.

Barfunk
06-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Another bump classic

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Short answer: He isn't.

Long answer: There are 2 sides of the court. His teammates and coaches are chokers.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Duncan's obviously had a more successful career, and he's always been a more complete player than Dirk. That being said, anybody who currently thinks Duncan is the better player needs to swallow a box of nails and wash it down with some drano.

Hooks
06-05-2011, 12:38 AM
:ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban: :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Jace
06-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Dirk is going to be great for a long time, shooters last longer than post players and a shooter like Dirk that barely needs to jump when he shoots... That guy can be hitting threes till he is 40 if he wants

greyforest
06-05-2011, 08:42 AM
dirk is a sg
tim is a c, used to be pf

it's not an apples - apples comparison

tmtcsc
06-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Huh ?? Dirk is playing better now than anyone in the playoffs has, including Tim and Miami's big three.

Tim's knees and court awareness are gone. He's not in the same conversation with Dirk Nowitzki anymore. Health and age got him. In his healthier and younger days, Tim was the most dominant player on the floor and a player to be feared and game-planned for.

As long as you box him out and make him uncomfortable, you can pretty much marginalize him. He's got a slow trigger to shoot the ball and is a liability at the FT line.

DirkISaCocLuvinPuSSy
06-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Why is Dirk better than Tim now?........ idk maybe dude worn himself out getting his team 4 rings, oh also 2 MVP's, oh all NBA 1st teams also multiple 1st teams on D. He was ready to win and do whatever it took as soon as he step between the lines. He didn't need to be motivated, he didn't need to be shamed into finally stepping up. So....maybe this answers OP.

Spurs and Mavs fan
06-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Duncan is also 2 years older than Dirk. Of course Dirk would have slightly more less in the tank, at this particular point in time, than Duncan.

Spursfan092120
06-05-2011, 08:59 PM
He hasn't taken a beating like the other two.

Horse
06-06-2011, 12:37 PM
This is one of the dumbest threads ever! Why is Tony Parker so much faster than magic johnson today?