PDA

View Full Version : Remember when People here were laughing about Marion to Dallas and happy about RJ....

spurs777
06-03-2011, 03:20 PM
to Spurs

That did not turn out well :depressed:depressed

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 03:21 PM
to Spurs

The last chapter hasn't been written yet.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 03:25 PM
How could you remember it? You weren't here.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 03:28 PM
or so you think

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm pretty bored and thinking about messing around with Microsoft OneNote. Anybody use this thing in real life?

lefty
06-03-2011, 03:30 PM
I would have to see what Marion would have done with the SPurs

RJ would look good too now with the Mavs

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 03:35 PM
or so you thinkProve me wrong.

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 03:37 PM

I think the Spurs would have a better defender and more active player with Marion. But in the end, I think it'd be close to the same situation. A slasher that needs some help getting his shot and a bad fit.

I agree that RJ would be fine on the Mavs.

TJastal
06-03-2011, 03:44 PM
to Spurs

Quit posting The Agenda and making up all this bullshit dude, it'll just get called out every time KBP style. I'm dressing up as Agent Moulder for Halloween btw. Maybe I'll finally find my Agent Skully this year. Ahh, who am i kidding...

I know, I'll just try for 70k on spurstalk being my usual obtuse dimwitted self.

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty bored and thinking about messing around with Microsoft OneNote. Anybody use this thing in real life?

I ended up not really doing this. It seemed like it might have some use sometime but not for me today.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Quit posting The Agenda and making up all this bullshit dude, it'll just get called out every time KBP style. I'm dressing up as Agent Moulder for Halloween btw. Maybe I'll finally find my Agent Skully this year. Ahh, who am i kidding...

I know, I'll just try for 70k on spurstalk being my usual obtuse dimwitted self.
is this in thai?

ChumpDumper
06-03-2011, 03:48 PM
is this in thai?Really. What a strange, cross-topic meltdown.

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Did any of you morons end up watching Franklin and Bash?

cd98
06-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Regardless if Dallas wins a championship, Marion has been the second best player on that team and a big reason why they are in the finals.

I was a hater, but he's proved me wrong.

CubanMustGo
06-03-2011, 04:00 PM
spurs777 has nothing to say.

hillscountry
06-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Did any of you morons end up watching Franklin and Bash?

dvr'd it, was it any good?

oh and on topic, marion has nice size at the 3, with the spurs he would have been our 5....

daslicer
06-03-2011, 04:28 PM
This guy is retarded mavs troll in disguise. I hate fuckers who troll under different accounts.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 04:30 PM
This guy is retarded mavs troll in disguise. I hate fuckers who troll under different accounts.
me too. That is why I don't troll nor have another account.

crc21209
06-03-2011, 04:33 PM
Marion is an up-tempo player who needs to be spoon fed most of the time to score. No surprise he's had success in Dallas with Kidd.....

cantthinkofanything
06-03-2011, 04:34 PM
dvr'd it, was it any good?

oh and on topic, marion has nice size at the 3, with the spurs he would have been our 5....

I didn't watch it but it sucked.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Marion is an up-tempo player who needs to be spoon fed most of the time to score. No surprise he's had success in Dallas with Kidd.....
Marion has worked hard and has improved his post game a ton.

Budkin
06-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Oh well, that's how the chips fell.

Lukor
06-03-2011, 06:15 PM

RJ would always look like the POS that he is. I'd rather have Marion.

Capt Bringdown
06-03-2011, 08:58 PM
is this in thai?

Mai chai, Mai Kow Jai. Phoot Angrit, por favor.

crc21209
06-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Marion has worked hard and has improved his post game a ton.

Hes decent, I'll give him that. But you have to admit that half the time the fucking guy is throwing up flip shots at the rim and at the same time basically praying that they go in....:lol

spurs777
06-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Hes decent, I'll give him that. But you have to admit that half the time the fucking guy is throwing up flip shots at the rim and at the same time basically praying that they go in....:lol
its weird and he does miss some chippies, but for the most part it works.

Sean Cagney
06-04-2011, 12:43 AM
You are a mavs troll, someone ban this idiot already before he posts what if KIDD went to SA in 03 or some shit! I know he is up to something next.

What if Dallas won in 06? What if they did not blow the GS series in 07! KEEP IT UP and those come up lol........ What if what if, 4 rings faggot lol.

G-Dawgg
06-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Jefferson is a waaaay better player, he's just not getting a chance...he's not being used to his potential on this Spurs team.

TJastal
06-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Jefferson is a waaaay better player, he's just not getting a chance...he's not being used to his potential on this Spurs team.

This is blind homerism at its finest.

Marion blows Jefferson out of the water defensively in almost every aspect and is a much better scorer around the basket and in the post (and getting his own shot in general), plus he can run circles around Jefferson in the transition game (supposedly Jefferson's best skill).

Bout the only thing I'd rate higher for Jefferson is corner 3's, which is about the only thing he did well last season.

G-Dawgg
06-04-2011, 11:30 AM
I disagree.. you're judging Jefferson on what you've seen him do lately... he's shown alot in his previous years in the nba and even as recently as the beginning of the 2010/2011 season. The Spurs just went away from running him out on fast breaks and tossing him passes at the rim later into the season. He also once upon a time was known to play really good defense. I think he just needs a bit more attention and needs to conciously have a few plays run for him rather than be expected to create on his own.

Just my personal opinion, He's shown a ton talent when he played on previous teams and it just seems like too big of a coincedence that all this talent disappears just cuz he comes to our team? I doubt it.....I blame the coaching for not getting him more involved

Leetonidas
06-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Marion is a slightly better defender but he's not a better 3 point shooter or scorer than Dick. He's benefiting greatly from playing with Kidd whereas RJ would as well, he would probably do much better in the Mavs system because of Kidd. Marion might be better and more useful as a defender but part of what killed us vesus Memphis was no one could hit a damn 3 pointer to save their lives and open the lane up, something Marion wasn't going to change.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Why doesn't your "Team" title say Dallas Mavericks?

DMC
06-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Just don't respond. Problem solved.

TJastal
06-04-2011, 03:05 PM
u mad?

he always mad

Chief Brody
06-04-2011, 04:14 PM

oh dear god please tell me this is a troll job:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Why doesn't your "Team" title say Dallas Mavericks?

ChumpDumper who is your little Avatar boy?

ChumpDumper
06-04-2011, 04:47 PM
ChumpDumper who is your little Avatar boy?Fairly sure it's Big Bri.

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Fairly sure it's Big Bri.

Hey Breakfast Club! 80s flicks rule. You're alright man.

rascal
06-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Remember when this site was laughing at Miami saying they would not be able to fill out a team. This site usually downplays every acquisistion other teams make and over rates every Spur move.

rascal
06-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Marion is a slightly better defender but he's not a better 3 point shooter or scorer than Dick. He's benefiting greatly from playing with Kidd whereas RJ would as well, he would probably do much better in the Mavs system because of Kidd. Marion might be better and more useful as a defender but part of what killed us vesus Memphis was no one could hit a damn 3 pointer to save their lives and open the lane up, something Marion wasn't going to change.

Jefferson was a good player when he was running with Kidd on the Nets.

rascal
06-04-2011, 06:51 PM
ChumpDumper who is your little Avatar boy?

That kid from the Breakfast Club movie.

Cessation
06-04-2011, 06:53 PM
lol banned

rascal
06-04-2011, 06:54 PM
I disagree.. you're judging Jefferson on what you've seen him do lately... he's shown alot in his previous years in the nba and even as recently as the beginning of the 2010/2011 season. The Spurs just went away from running him out on fast breaks and tossing him passes at the rim later into the season. He also once upon a time was known to play really good defense. I think he just needs a bit more attention and needs to conciously have a few plays run for him rather than be expected to create on his own.

Just my personal opinion, He's shown a ton talent when he played on previous teams and it just seems like too big of a coincedence that all this talent disappears just cuz he comes to our team? I doubt it.....I blame the coaching for not getting him more involved

Agree. Jefferson needs to be on a running team with a top playmaker pg like Jason Kidd or Nash. The spurs tempo and style would killl any athletic open court player.

rmt
06-04-2011, 07:08 PM
It's not RJ's fault that he's a run and gun type of player. It's Pop and the FO's fault for thinking that he could fit well in SA and for further compounding the problem by giving him that outrageous 4 year contract even when it was blatantly clear that he didn't fit.

I never liked Marion's game and his (over looked, under appreciated) attitude in PHX, but I gotta give him props - he's been great this playoff run. Obviously, he wants a championship while RJ couldn't care less.

objective
06-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Marion is light years ahead of Jefferson and a couple of million cheaper per year.

Marion actually works in other areas of the game. He defends, something RJ is mediocre at best at. Marion can work the boards in ways RJ can't. He can find ways to score that aren't in transition.

People just want to make excuses for Jefferson. I don't know if it's because they can't bring themselves to admit the truth or what their problem is, but it is what it is.

ohmwrecker
06-04-2011, 10:56 PM
So disappointing. Just a complete waste of talent. Pop deserves a good amount of blame, but how much time and effort do you put into keeping one player motivated. At some point, it falls on RJ to step up and produce and, ultimately, he failed.

rascal
06-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Marion is light years ahead of Jefferson and a couple of million cheaper per year.

Marion actually works in other areas of the game. He defends, something RJ is mediocre at best at. Marion can work the boards in ways RJ can't. He can find ways to score that aren't in transition.

People just want to make excuses for Jefferson. I don't know if it's because they can't bring themselves to admit the truth or what their problem is, but it is what it is.

Marion is over the hill now. His game is no where near what it used to be.

CubanMustGo
06-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Marion is over the hill now. His game is no where near what it used to be.

Sounds like RJ, don't it?

Sean Cagney
06-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Sounds like RJ, don't it?

One plays tough though in the playoffs and his role, RJ just goes out with 0 pts in a game 6 :( RJ is just pussy, atleast Marion tries.

ChuckD
06-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Remember when Matrix disappeared from game 3 of the 2011 Finals?

TJastal
06-05-2011, 10:21 PM

?

His defense on Lebron was nothing short of amazing. If Kidd could blanket Wade the same way, Dallas would be up 2-1 right now.

Sean Cagney
06-05-2011, 10:21 PM

He should be called the milk carton Matrix at times, he used to pull that YEARLY versus the SPURS if you guys remember :wow:lmao:lmao

ChuckD
06-05-2011, 10:44 PM
?

His defense on Lebron was nothing short of amazing. If Kidd could blanket Wade the same way, Dallas would be up 2-1 right now.

His 4-12 was not so amazing, and part of the lack of production by the Dallas starters not named Dirk the studio crew was calling out.

tbh, they're both the same player. They are both players that over the course of their careers people think are, or expect to be stars, when in actuality they are support players who sometimes produce and sometimes don't.

TJastal
06-05-2011, 11:30 PM
His 4-12 was not so amazing, and part of the lack of production by the Dallas starters not named Dirk the studio crew was calling out.

tbh, they're both the same player. They are both players that over the course of their careers people think are, or expect to be stars, when in actuality they are support players who sometimes produce and sometimes don't.

Well you may have a point.

If you could morph Jefferson's 3pt shooting (and put some clutch in it) with the rest of Marion's game you'd have a complete player.

ElNono
06-06-2011, 01:34 AM
If you could morph Jefferson's 3pt shooting (and put some clutch in it) with the rest of Marion's game you'd have a complete player.

Well, no. You would still have a shriveling vajeje... Their skill is undeniable. It's a different aspect that's entirely questionable.