PDA

View Full Version : The most exciting game in the playoffs so far ...

ambchang
06-10-2005, 08:30 AM
.. by far.
Me being a Spurs fan basically eliminates every game that the Spurs are not part off. It was pussyball vs. Nuggets, thug ball vs. the Sonics, and wide open jumpers and dunks vs. the Suns.
But Game 1 vs. the Pistons? Great defense by both teams, and incredible offense to break down that defense. Chauncey Billups freeing himself momentarily to launch a jumper, Rasheed shooting over Duncan on two VERY difficult jump shots, Duncan doing his thing in the low blocks and scores with 2 Pistons drapped all over him, and most of all, Manu with his incredible drives and buckets. I just watched it an wondered aloud, "How did he make that?".
High scoring doesn't mean exciting, what is so fun about seeing some dude make a wide open layout/dunk? You can see that during the warmups. However, constantly seeing the battle of a good patient offense vs. good team defense offers drama every single possession, and forces team to make spectacular plays to come out on top.

Jimcs50
06-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Games 1 and 2 in Phoenix were much more exciting.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-10-2005, 09:21 AM
Games 1 and 2 in Phoenix were much more exciting.
Amen! This one was rather dull, not boring, but dull.

Ishta
06-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Amen! This one was rather dull, not boring, but dull.

That being said......The ending was great!!!:spin :spin :spin

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 09:25 AM
I didn't think this game was dull. Of course finals games are more exciting then reg season games. I thought a few of the close games in teh pho/sea series were more exciting.

"Exciting and heart attack city" = close games

This was a blow out. I keep hearing that the pistons play down to their opponent reverberating in my skull. they played way down last night.

SouthernFried
06-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Man, there was nothing dull about this game...unless you consider 17 blocks, awesome team defense from both clubs, Glenn Robinson turning into a defensive monster, Ginobili doing what only Ginobili can do...dull.

Go back to sleep man, we'll tell you when it's over.

BillsCarnage
06-10-2005, 01:02 PM
This game was a snoozer!!! As much as some of you like to watch defense, it's the offense that the majority of people like to watch. They like to watch people fly through the air for dunks, break free and hit a three. This series has already lost most of the LA/NY/FLA markets before it started, and at this rate it'll be the lowest rated Finals ever. Well, maybe the SA/NJ snoozer will be lower.

picnroll
06-10-2005, 01:07 PM
I much prefered this game to any other. Seattle was a wrestling match. Suns was like a high level playground game. This was like a Fisher - Spassky chess match. Basketball at its highest, most intelligent and skilled level. Great intensity by the players. No gimmees.

travis2
06-10-2005, 01:09 PM
I much prefered this game to any other. Seattle was a wrestling match. Suns was like a high level playground game. This was like a Fisher - Spassky chess match. Basketball at its highest, most intelligent and skilled level. Great intensity by the players. No gimmees.

That's obviously the problem...:lol

BillsCarnage
06-10-2005, 01:09 PM
This was like a Fisher - Spassky chess match. Basketball at its highest, most intelligent and skilled level. Great intensity by the players. No gimmees.

Oh yeah, the intensity the Spurs had when DET lead 17-4 in the first was crazy!!

Dre_7
06-10-2005, 01:13 PM
I love defense. I love watchin Nazr, Tim, the Big Dog, Manu making great blocks or steals. I love watchin Bowen workin his butt off to make Rip work his butt off. It is great. This reminds me of when my Wisconsin Badgers went to the final four a few years ago!! Only better!!! Defense wins championships!

picnroll
06-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Oh yeah, the intensity the Spurs had when DET lead 17-4 in the first was crazy!!
Yes, you remember those 17-4 leads, the ones the Suns never came back from. :lol

Dex
06-10-2005, 01:15 PM

It was obviously enough to force a 30-point swing.

SouthernFried
06-10-2005, 01:23 PM
This game was a snoozer!!! As much as some of you like to watch defense, it's the offense that the majority of people like to watch. They like to watch people fly through the air for dunks, break free and hit a three.

Yeah, dream about all those great dunks and flying leaps you coulda had...if you'd learned to play defense.

Be quiet and go back to sleep...we're watching the Finals.

Dre_7
06-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah, dream about all those great dunks and flying leaps you coulda had...if you'd learned to play defense.

Be quiet and go back to sleep...we're watching the Finals.

OWNED!!!!!!

BillsCarnage
06-10-2005, 01:38 PM
It's always funny when fans refer to their team as "we" or opposing teams as "you". Like the fans had an impact on play.

HA.

sa_butta
06-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Most exciting 4th quater....maybe
but other than that just a good defensive
game, but by not means exciting.

Dre_7
06-10-2005, 01:50 PM
It's always funny when fans refer to their team as "we" or opposing teams as "you". Like the fans had an impact on play.

HA.

Well fans are prolly the most important part of the game. Do you think teams can pay guys millions of :bling w/out fans buying tickets, jerseys, merchandise, etc.?

Altough I can understand how you wouldnt want to be associated w/ the team that lost 4-1 despite having the MVP, Coach of the Year, Exec of the year, 3 All-NBA players, and the best record. Ouch, thats gotta hurt.

MiNuS
06-10-2005, 01:54 PM
It was FULL of SUSPENSE. It was FULL of HORROR and then it had its CLIMATIC ending.

If you're looking at the team ONLY when it's on the offense side of the court then you're not an afficionado. I not only looked at the Spurs offense but also the traps and collapse defense of the Pistons.Pistons looked phenomenal in the first half.But I trully believe the Spurs were just rusty and slow to start.