PDA

View Full Version : Wade is the Best Heat Player

mavsfan1000
06-03-2011, 07:01 PM
I'm saying it now. Lebron is not the Heats best player. It's Wade.

TE
06-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Nice to know.

Findog
06-03-2011, 07:28 PM
LeBron is their best all-around player, but Wade is their best closer. I hope they don't figure that out.

Ace
No he's not, he just knows what it takes to win. It seem LeBron finally figured it out but then he reverted back...

pass1st
Wade just making sure LBJ knows who's top dog
http://i55.tinypic.com/r2kwna.jpg

TE
06-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Wade just making sure LBJ knows who's top dog
http://i55.tinypic.com/r2kwna.jpg

:lol

Tp9gospursgo
06-03-2011, 08:33 PM
No doubt.

spurs777
06-03-2011, 08:40 PM
your threads are lame

Lil B
06-03-2011, 08:50 PM
swag! swag! woop! swag!

i hold my eye and grab my dick, bitch I think I'm dwyane wade!

sprayin all you lames like a fuckin can on insect raid! swag swag!

Nathan89
06-03-2011, 08:55 PM
your threads are lame

http://www.deltalf.com/forum/images/smilies/nice_smilies/laugh.gif

Ghazi
06-03-2011, 08:58 PM
maybe in this series, since Marion is shutting down James.. :)

LkrFan
06-03-2011, 09:53 PM
No he's not, he just knows what it takes to win. It seem LeBron finally figured it out but then he reverted back...

:downspin: that shit Ace. :downspin: that shiiiittt!!! :lol

Ginobilly
06-03-2011, 10:00 PM
LeBron is their best all-around player, but Wade is their best closer. I hope they don't figure that out.

This!
Lebron is their best all around player but Wade is the better closer because he is the better shooter, free throw shooter, better ball-handler, and playmaker in the clutch. And like you said, hopefully Miami doesn't figure it out for the Mavs sake.

BRHornet45
06-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Wade has been the best player in the NBA for years now. if not for his injuries he would get even MORE hype than he already does.

LkrFan
06-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Wade has been the best player in the NBA for years now. if not for his injuries he would get even MORE hype than he already does.

Ginobilly
06-03-2011, 10:10 PM

Yeah I agree. He's like a black version of Manu Ginobili. Crafty as hell with almost the same moves to go along with that crazy athleticism.

Ginobilly
06-03-2011, 10:12 PM

I don't know about you, but Wade having the ball in a close game scares me more than Lebron trying to make a play.

spurs777
06-04-2011, 12:07 AM
The only skill set Wade and Ginobli are remotely close at is flopping

Kai
06-04-2011, 01:14 AM
lol no. LeBron is the best player in the world. I'll admit that it has been Wade's world in games 1&2 though.

spurs777
06-04-2011, 01:17 AM
lol no. LeBron is the best player in the world. I'll admit that it has been Wade's world in games 1&2 though.
johnny flyn

100%duncan
06-04-2011, 01:46 AM
lebron>wade tbh

LkrFan
06-04-2011, 01:51 AM
I don't know about you, but Wade having the ball in a close game scares me more than Lebron trying to make a play.

Oh I agree with that sentiment. It has to be killing him to help "the king" go through growing pains and possibly fuck up his chance at a 2nd ring.

I was laughing because BR erroneously stated that Wade has been the best for a while. His vile hatred for Kobe is some funny shit. It's not Kobe's fault the Logo suckered the Charlotte Hornets' GM into trading him for Vlade Divac. Had that not happened, Kobe would be a Hornet, and BR would be all on his sagging deuce. :lol

Kai
06-04-2011, 03:44 AM
johnny flyn

Ricky Rubio

pass1st
06-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Ricky Rubio

Jimmer Fredette

thekingrobert
06-04-2011, 04:34 AM
dumb asses who only watch highlights should shut the hell up I live in Miami Wade is not a better shooter or ball handlers

redzero
06-04-2011, 05:29 AM
This!
Lebron is their best all around player but Wade is the better closer because he is the better shooter, free throw shooter, better ball-handler, and playmaker in the clutch. And like you said, hopefully Miami doesn't figure it out for the Mavs sake.

What makes Wade a better free throw shooter, ball handler and playmaker than LeBron in the "clutch"?

LkrFan
06-04-2011, 05:58 AM
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad124/Abdiesel1/dwade.png

LkrFan
06-04-2011, 06:00 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/axmywo.png

LkrFan
06-04-2011, 06:02 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/312731816.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1307186331&Signature=zVQLEWbJdBxHJ4djgJoRGpPv8XI%3D

:lmao

LkrFan
06-04-2011, 06:04 AM
http://i.min.us/ictejA.png

:lmao

dunkman
06-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Good to know, will inform others . . .

JamStone
06-04-2011, 10:19 AM
LeBron is the best player on the planet so hard to argue he isn't the best player on his own team. And both LeBron and Wade are pretty similar in terms of shooting and ball handling ability, it's not a huge difference either way. And LeBron has done well in the clutch and closing games in these playoffs for the most part, the other night notwithstanding.

There is just something intangible that LeBron lacks at times. He's a better player than Wade and has shown the ability to close. But there's also some disconnect sometimes when it comes to him ultimately leading his team. His talent is so great that it doesn't matter all the time. But then there are situations like Thursday night's game where LeBron looks like he has no business being labeled as the best player in the league.

I do think the Heat is Wade's team. Maybe Wade is the best "leader" or "closer" for the Heat. But he's not a better player than LeBron. LeBron has to figure out what happens when he and his teammates face adversity late in a game. They're exceptional frontrunners when everything goes right, they can make a 5 point lead explode into a 12 point lead in a matter of seconds. But when faced with a team that won't back down and it's either really close or they're down late, I think collectively that team still has issues handling that type of adversity. Talent sometimes can compensate. But when it doesn't, are LeBron and Wade mentally tough enough to figure it out anyway?

Ace
06-04-2011, 11:10 AM
LeBron is the best player on the planet so hard to argue he isn't the best player on his own team. And both LeBron and Wade are pretty similar in terms of shooting and ball handling ability, it's not a huge difference either way. And LeBron has done well in the clutch and closing games in these playoffs for the most part, the other night notwithstanding.

There is just something intangible that LeBron lacks at times. He's a better player than Wade and has shown the ability to close. But there's also some disconnect sometimes when it comes to him ultimately leading his team. His talent is so great that it doesn't matter all the time. But then there are situations like Thursday night's game where LeBron looks like he has no business being labeled as the best player in the league.

I do think the Heat is Wade's team. Maybe Wade is the best "leader" or "closer" for the Heat. But he's not a better player than LeBron. LeBron has to figure out what happens when he and his teammates face adversity late in a game. They're exceptional frontrunners when everything goes right, they can make a 5 point lead explode into a 12 point lead in a matter of seconds. But when faced with a team that won't back down and it's either really close or they're down late, I think collectively that team still has issues handling that type of adversity. Talent sometimes can compensate. But when it doesn't, are LeBron and Wade mentally tough enough to figure it out anyway?
Been saying this all year. LeBron seem to figure it out, but he reverted back to chucking bad shots at the end of game 2. To much confidence seems to cloud his judgment. Just like how he attempt that same fadeaway 3 in the third that he hit in the previous game. Wade is more mature and will take a better shot. Therefore people see him as the better closer but ideally you want LeBron as the closer because he's simply the better player. LeBron can get a better shot because there's no really stopping LeBron.

mavsfan1000
06-04-2011, 12:46 PM

I stopped reading after the first sentence. Dirk is the best player on the planet. :D

Ginobilly
06-04-2011, 01:40 PM
What makes Wade a better free throw shooter, ball handler and playmaker than LeBron in the "clutch"?

smaller guards are just naturally better shooters and ball handlers. Those are just the facts. Saying lebron and wade are similar in ball handling and shooting is just retarded, although Lebron is a superior ball handler for his size. And I never said Lebron<Wade. Lebron is the better defender and rebounder, but you have to go with Wade in the clutch because he has array of moves that are unpredictable and he is proven (meaning Wade has already slept with the prettiest girl in the building) Lebron is still trying to figure out how to put on a condom.:lmao

redzero
06-04-2011, 01:46 PM
smaller guards are just naturally better shooters and ball handlers. Those are just the facts. Saying lebron and wade are similar in ball handling and shooting is just retarded, although Lebron is a superior ball handler for his size.

Got it. Wade's better because you say he is.

And I never said Lebron<Wade.

Didn't say you did.

Lebron is the better defender and rebounder, but you have to go with Wade in the clutch because he has array of moves that are unpredictable and he is proven (meaning Wade has already slept with the prettiest girl in the building) Lebron is still trying to figure out how to put on a condom.:lmao

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM
http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

Do you have anything to back up your claim that Wade is better than LeBron in the clutch?

Ginobilly
06-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Got it. Wade's better because you say he is.

Didn't say you did.

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0809/CSORT11.HTM
http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

Do you have anything to back up your claim that Wade is better than LeBron in the clutch?

Until Lebron wins a championship and finals MVP, Wade is still more clutch than Lebron. You'll throw the word "clutch" in here to just about anything having to do with the regular season.

Proven clutch players during the last decade in the playoffs and finals.

1. Kobe
2. Duncan
3. Ginobili
4. Wade
5. Parker
6. Billups
7. Horry
8. Pierce
9. Shaq

what do all these guys have in common???

You could also say that Reggie Miller was "clutch", but he would of been more clutch if he made big shots in the finals and won the championship.

redzero
06-04-2011, 02:09 PM
Oh, okay, so even though Wade performs worse in end of game situations, he is still better because he has won a championship. Got it.

Ginobilly
06-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Let me correct myself. Wade is not better than Lebron, but in this series he has be to be the best player and finals MVP for the heat because he has a more favorable match-up going against Terry/Barea than Lebron has against the Matrix and Stevenson. Matrix has held his own against the King. Should Miami fans care who wins finals MVP?(If i was a Miami fan I couldn't care, Haslem and Bibby could win for all I care) I know that for the Lebron fan boys, it is a big deal for their idol to win the award.

Ginobilly
06-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Oh, okay, so even though Wade performs worse in end of game situations, he is still better because he has won a championship. Got it.

Well if Miami loses this series, Wade is still going to have his championship ring and finals MVP trophy to go home to.:lobt:

Ace
06-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Until Lebron wins a championship and finals MVP, Wade is still more clutch than Lebron. You'll throw the word "clutch" in here to just about anything having to do with the regular season.

Proven clutch players during the last decade in the playoffs and finals.

1. Kobe
2. Duncan
3. Ginobili
4. Wade
5. Parker
6. Billups
7. Horry
8. Pierce
9. Shaq

what do all these guys have in common???

You could also say that Reggie Miller was "clutch", but he would of been more clutch if he made big shots in the finals and won the championship.
:lmao Ginobili ahead of Wade. Ginobili doesn't even have one of your retarded stipulations for clutch. Finals MVP...

Ginobilly
06-04-2011, 02:25 PM
:lmao Ginobili ahead of Wade. Ginobili doesn't even have one of your retarded stipulations for clutch. Finals MVP...

I forgot to say that I didn't put them in order. So ideally, Big shot Rob should be number 1:toast Ginobili does deserve to be in the list, at what number, I don't know, but he did close a lot of games in the playoffs and finals during the Spurs championship runs.:lobt::lobt::lobt: 3 rings faggets!

Ginobilly
06-04-2011, 02:35 PM
mbenga> dirk

more titles

no. But all those players I mentioned above have earned their spots in the hall of fame for what they did in the finals. Key word here: NBA finals. I know a lot of you don't know the amount of importance of what the NBA finals mean to a legacy of a player because your teams have not won like Spurs did.

dirk4mvp
06-04-2011, 02:42 PM
:lmao spurfan thinks he knows what it takes to win a championship because he saw a team on tv that everybody else can watch do it.

JamStone
06-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Cedric Maxwell > LeBron James

hobbler
06-04-2011, 02:50 PM
:lmao spurfan thinks he knows what it takes to win a championship because he saw a team on tv that everybody else can watch do it.

You just wouldn't understand it. When you're there with em via tv or even in the building like myself competing alongside em with cheering that undoubtedly contributes to the cause, you're counted as part of the team. Thats why I got 16 rings and several back to back no less, meanwhile you've never even completed the first half of a back to back ship :lmao

JamStone
06-04-2011, 02:57 PM
smaller guards are just naturally better shooters and ball handlers. Those are just the facts. Saying lebron and wade are similar in ball handling and shooting is just retarded, although Lebron is a superior ball handler for his size.

Whose facts?

Who is a better shooter, Dirk Nowitzki or Rajon Rondo?

Who is a better ball handler, Lamar Odom or Eddie House?

What's retarded is to assume one player is a better shooter or ball handler simply because they're smaller or shorter. What's more retarded is claiming that those are the facts.

Ginobilly
06-04-2011, 03:17 PM
you are making no sense

How so? I just said that Wade might be the better option down the stretch, kinda like how Ginobili is for the Spurs and Kobe is to the Lakers (are they the best players on their team? No, but they have ice water in their veins, so you want them making the last plays and shooting the free throws) but it doesn't take nothing away from Lebrons greatness or make him less of a basketball player Miami fans. A lot of butthurt Lebron fan boys in here.:depressed

Ginobilly
06-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Whose facts?

Who is a better shooter, Dirk Nowitzki or Rajon Rondo?

Who is a better ball handler, Lamar Odom or Eddie House?

What's retarded is to assume one player is a better shooter or ball handler simply because they're smaller or shorter. What's more retarded is claiming that those are the facts.

Wade is faster than Lebron and a better ball handler, but not by much. Has more a purer jump-shot than lebron and has better post moves than Lebron. Is more craftier with the ball than Lebron and sells fouls better than lebron. Wade probably jumps a tad higher because he's lighter and is a guard.

Lebron is the better defender of the two due to his size. That's the only thing he has on Wade, that and rebounding but Wade is a heck of rebounder for his size. Ideally if i was a heat fan, I would want lebron putting the pressure for 3 q and then have Wade finish a team off in the fourth. Kinda like Shaq and Kobe of the 2000's and Duncan / Ginobili.

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Let me take the time to bring some actual facts to this argument and destroy every single 'point' you've made. Your entire post is the epitome of failing.

This!
Lebron is their best all around player but Wade is the better closer because he is the better shooter

3 point percentage:
Dwyane Wade .292
LeBron James .329

free throw shooterFT%:
Dwyane Wade .758
LeBron James .759

better ball-handlerLeBron James has a far superior assist-to-turnover ratio.

playmakerAssists per game:
Dwyane Wade 4.6
LeBron James 7.0

Rofl. :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Let's also not forget LeBron James is also guarding the other team's best player, in the 4th quarter, when it matters most. Not Wade.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 12:32 AM
Let's also not forget LeBron James is also guarding the other team's best player, in the 4th quarter, when it matters most.

I could've sworn I saw Dirk blow by Bosh for the GW layup as James watched, but maybe I'm wrong.

Venti Quattro
06-05-2011, 12:44 AM

mystargtr34
06-05-2011, 12:54 AM
:lol so many LeBron haters coming back out of their shells. At least for one game.

mystargtr34
06-05-2011, 12:59 AM
These threads come out every 10 or so games when Wade outperforms LeBron :lol. LeBron will be the best player in the world for 10 straight games... Wade will then score 40 and theres talk of Wade being better :lol

mavsfan1000
06-05-2011, 01:01 AM
These threads come out every 10 or so games when Wade outperforms LeBron :lol. LeBron will be the best player in the world for 10 straight games... Wade will then score 40 and theres talk of Wade being better :lol
I always thought Wade was better. Lebron is a fake star. But when the pressure is on, you want it in Wade/Dirk's hands. Not Lebron.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 01:02 AM
Good to have you back brah. Haven't seen you since you mysteriously disappeared during the Game 2 thread. I was getting worried.

Now don't forget to hide behind the "I have a life" line, now.

06-05-2011, 03:29 AM
:lol lebron haters crawling back up from the holes they were banished to

06-05-2011, 03:33 AM
oh and lol at the laker fans clinging to the hope that lebron can't close late games so at least kobe still seems relevant somehow. even though numerous statistics and important playoff games have shown kobe can't close.

Giuseppe
06-05-2011, 04:23 AM
^...

Kobe: 5

tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

withstanding.

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Lebron has been the best player on the Heat, and overall in the league, for the majority of the games in this post-season..one bad game, they all flock:lol..

ChrisRichards
06-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Wade is the best closer and has the mentality of a champion but unfortunately he likes to take a backseat to Lebron sometimes.

Lebron is the best player though but he doesn't have the determination like Wade.

Game 2 was Wade's night, and he had 36 points to show for it. I don't know what happened but Wade shouldve told Lebron to pass him the rock in those remaining 2 minutes when the mavs were making a serious run.

Anyway, this is just another example of the Heat's real weakness (coaching). Carlisle made some adjustments while Spoelstra did his Phil Jackson impression by standing pat and hoping his team will figure it out.

Giuseppe
06-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Wade is the best closer and has the mentality of a champion but unfortunately he likes to take a backseat to Lebron sometimes.

Lebron is the best player though but he doesn't have the determination like Wade.

But, Wade legitimately can't function in that killer mode with James in attendance. One can sense, one can see the discomfort Wade plays with now. He had it all figured out for years and now he has to figure it all out again. And he's not sure he can because when he figured it before he was only beholden to himself. Now he's got to not only figure it out for himself, but, for James as well. That is maddening to a professional. & it's frustrating and that is the personification of present day Wade:::frustration.

The kicker?...Frankly, James is having the time of his life.

DeadlyDynasty
06-05-2011, 12:42 PM
oh and lol at the laker fans clinging to the hope that lebron can't close late games so at least kobe still seems relevant somehow. even though numerous statistics and important playoff games have shown kobe can't close.

Look at the Spurfan fighting tooth and nail to protect the image of a player on the Heat. So sad. :lol

LeBron>Kobe at this point, and he's proven in these playoffs that he can close games. Something he hasn't legitimately shown for a few years.

The hypocrisy of your Kobe-LeBron argument is that you so desperately want LeBron to ring because of your hatred of Kobe. :lol

You are a shitty, biased poster that brings nothing to the table. At least when HH chugs Bron's seed, he can regurgitate some decent takes.

Your takes suck. These are facts.

Giuseppe
06-05-2011, 01:01 PM
You are a shitty, biased poster that brings nothing to the table.

DD is right 24.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2011, 01:25 PM
Lebron has been the best player on the Heat, and overall in the league, for the majority of the games in this post-season..one bad game, they all flock:lol..
It is pretty ridiculous how Lebron has been by far the Heat's best player during the playoffs while Wade hasn't even been noticeably better than Bosh, and after 1 game where Wade outplays Lebron, a bunch of people declare Wade is the Heat's best player.

Yeah, I made as many "LePippen" jokes as anybody, but anyone still saying Miami is Wade's team is fuckin retarded.

Game 2 is even more proof. Wade plays well, Lebron plays like shit, and Miami loses, while there have been several games in the playoffs where the Heat win in spite of a poor effort from Wade. The Heat live and die by Lebron way more than they do Wade. That's even before you factor in how Lebron has become the best perimeter defender in the NBA anchoring the best team perimeter defense.

redzero
06-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I wonder how many of these people who claim that Wade is the Heat's best player actually thought Wade was better than LeBron before this season.

DMC
06-05-2011, 01:29 PM
We will see tonight. If Wade doesn't do much tonight, he's going to have a hard row to hoe for the MVP if the Heat win.

06-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Look at the Spurfan fighting tooth and nail to protect the image of a player on the Heat. So sad. :lol

LeBron>Kobe at this point, and he's proven in these playoffs that he can close games. Something he hasn't legitimately shown for a few years.

The hypocrisy of your Kobe-LeBron argument is that you so desperately want LeBron to ring because of your hatred of Kobe. :lol

You are a shitty, biased poster that brings nothing to the table. At least when HH chugs Bron's seed, he can regurgitate some decent takes.

Your takes suck. These are facts.
:lmao thanks for agreeing with me.

06-05-2011, 07:13 PM
^...

Kobe: 5

tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

withstanding.
:lol alzheimer's patient

LkrFan
06-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm not so sure that Wade isn't their best all around player. He's killing it right now.

LkrFan
06-05-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm not so sure that Wade isn't their best all around player. He's killing it right now.

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2011, 08:36 PM
:lol You also thought Kobe was better than Wade, which any knowledgeable basketball fan knew was an outrageous statement..

LkrFan
06-05-2011, 08:38 PM
:lol You also thought Kobe was better than Wade, which any knowledgeable basketball fan knew was an outrageous statement..

Kobe 5

Wade 1

Wade has a lot of work to do to close the gap. Let us proceed. :toast

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2011, 08:39 PM
Prime Wade > Prime Kobe..

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Kobe 5

Wade 1

Wade has a lot of work to do to close the gap. Let us proceed. :toast
Horry 7

Kobe 5

Isitjustme?
06-05-2011, 08:45 PM
I really really wanted that LkrFag troll to get approved...

LkrFan
06-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Prime Wade > Prime Kobe..

Now I know you smoking cigaweed. :lol

LkrFan
06-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Horry 7

Kobe 5

Horry is the best supporting actress in NBA history. Props to him. :toast

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Now I know you smoking cigaweed. :lol

Who is the better Finals performer?..I'm throwing you a soft ball, tbh..

LkrFan
06-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Who is the better Finals performer?..I'm throwing you a soft ball, tbh..

Wade plays against the WC's best team in the Finals. Kobe plays against the EC's best team. Traditionally EC teams play better defense.

If you take away FTAs, can I answer your question then? :downspin:

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Harlem arguing with gnlf...how the mighty have fallen :lol

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Lkrfan is my little man, I've been schooling him for over a year now, I'll always educate him..

jermaine
06-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Labrick suck! I'm sure Wade is looking at that fool thinking " STEP THE FUCK UP"

namlook
06-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Horry 7

Kobe 5

You can't claim rings if you weren't an all-star when you won the ring. Any dumbshit knows that.

mavsfan1000
06-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Once again, Wade proves me right. Kidd can't guard Wade. It's a mismatch. Get Marion or Stevenson on Wade at all times.

Ace
06-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Wade plays against the WC's best team in the Finals. Kobe plays against the EC's best team. Traditionally EC teams play better defense.

If you take away FTAs, can I answer your question then? :downspin:

How many did he shoot today tbh

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 11:52 PM
I could've sworn I saw Dirk blow by Bosh for the GW layup as James watched, but maybe I'm wrong.

I could have sworn Nowitzki is 7' tall. You know what I meant.

LkrFan
06-06-2011, 12:13 AM
How many did he shoot today tbh

Today he didn't need 'em. He dominated and there was nothing Cuban could do about it except enjoy the reeming his whole team took. Sickening sight. His pimp hand was strong tonight.

Mavs Defenders --->:pimpslap<---Wade

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Series not over. Lebron can still put more of an imprint on it ...however. So far, im not that impressed ... his defense and passing has been good (minus the silly turnovers) but his offense and leadership especially in the clutch has been subpar.
His dunks, and steals have been sublime ...

More than anything much like Kobe he has been uneven in the finals ...but even with Kobe's struggles at times he has put up the occasional Jordanesque (heck, we can even say Wadesque) performance. Still waiting for Lebron's after 7 Finals games. Lack of support is no longer excuse he is playing with one of the best Finals performer of the past 20 years ...

But I think and hope he does breakthrough.

Back to the OP Lebron is the better player, but wade the better clutch performer, we all thought this BEFORE this season. The Bulls series had started me to think otherwise I thought Lebron had surpassed Wade in BOTH categories ...so far, I have been wrong.

Brazil
06-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Was funny to watch the press conference with Wade and Lebron tbh. If somebody had a doubt regarding who is batman and who is Robin, now I think it's settled.

Wade: "you know I'm the leader of the team, I try to show to them how to play aggressive at the end of the games, I'm leading the team by example."
Lebron: "well you know D Wade is a friend, it's nice to have a team mate and a friend who challenges you"

Lebron after a question regarding his poor performance in the fourth:"apparently you are watching only one side of the floor, I'm a beast in Defense... next question"

Ashy Larry
06-06-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm saying it now. Lebron is not the Heats best player. It's Wade.

LeBron is still the best player in the league ..... but the best matchup for the Heat is Wade. Marion is doing a pretty good job on LeBron, the Mavs have no one who can top Wade. Barea is too small, Kidd is too old and slow, Terry just sucks period. Not a good matchup at the two spot. Dude is murdering the Mavs' backcourt

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 10:20 AM
LeBron is still the best player in the league ..... but the best matchup for the Heat is Wade. Marion is doing a pretty good job on LeBron, the Mavs have no one who can top Wade. Barea is too small, Kidd is too old and slow, Terry just sucks period. Not a good matchup at the two spot. Dude is murdering the Mavs' backcourt

agree 100% he is the best and Marion IS doing a pretty good job, but come on he is LEBRON JAMES he needs to breakthrough because he is that good. he said himself no one can guard him 1 on1. sure, the Mavs are helping against him, but they are trying to help against Wade as well and he is splitting the double-teams. James just has to be better. He has been better in big games, with far less help than he has now ...

Ashy Larry
06-06-2011, 10:26 AM
agree 100% he is the best and Marion IS doing a pretty good job, but come on he is LEBRON JAMES he needs to breakthrough because he is that good. he said himself no one can guard him 1 on1. sure, the Mavs are helping against him, but they are trying to help against Wade as well and he is splitting the double-teams. James just has to be better. He has been better in big games, with far less help than he has now ...

yeah but honestly why force the issue if you're LeBron? You know you have a decisive advantage when Wade is rolling. I think that's why so many teams lose out. The stop feeding the hot hand and stop milking that cow. If he can carry them through three quarters and let Wade do his thing in the fourth, it's a done deal.

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 10:36 AM
yeah but honestly why force the issue if you're LeBron? You know you have a decisive advantage when Wade is rolling. I think that's why so many teams lose out. The stop feeding the hot hand and stop milking that cow. If he can carry them through three quarters and let Wade do his thing in the fourth, it's a done deal.

I dont disagree ...but he is not even doing that. take away the break away dunks and that amazing fade-away 3 in game 1 ...this series has not been very awe inspiring. Maybe I want or hope too much for James. I really believed he had a chance to threaten MJ's GOAT status ...but maybe he never had that in him or does and will never realize his full potential. But they are up 2-1 and that is all that matters for now ...

He may just be like Wade, kobe and in contention for best since MJ ...instead of a real threat to Jordan. And there is nothing wrong with that, I just was expecting more. Maybe that is the problem he is sooo good he raises everyone's expectations. But hey, he has the Chosen one tattoo ...

Ashy Larry
06-06-2011, 10:39 AM
he's got two more games at least to make his mark ... right now D-Wade has clearly been the best player on the floor. He can't split defenses like Wade can but we'll see. If I were him, I'd milk Wade until he passes out. Mavs clearly have no one who can stop him.

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 12:21 PM
he's got two more games at least to make his mark ... right now D-Wade has clearly been the best player on the floor. He can't split defenses like Wade can but we'll see. If I were him, I'd milk Wade until he passes out. Mavs clearly have no one who can stop him.

he is playing smart by "milking" Wade ...I would not have him do otherwise.
But there are opportunities (even as the #2 option) where he could make more of a mark.
But Lebron is right, his defense has been amazing and he is getting assists at an amazing rate for a SF (well he really is the point guard for this team but, still impressive)

Nathan Explosion
06-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Look, this is the same argument of the 2007 Finals. Parker was the MVP because of a bad matchup. Wade is definitely taking advantage of a bad matchup and Lebron is helping him along.

Having said that, Lebron needs to get away from his jump shot and start attacking the rim. I don't like those fallaway 3s that he was shooting in Game 2 that helped Dallas back in the game.

BUT, I've been saying that Wade is the leader and will show Lebron what it takes to win a Finals. Yesterday at work someone asked me who was winning and I said, "Dallas is fucked." He asked why and my response was, "Wade is pissed now. He was probably telling the team that that's (Game 2) what happens when you let up with a big lead in the Finals. And he's going to make sure it doesn't happen again."

The lead was lost but Wade never let them go down. If Dallas is to have ANY chance, they absolutely have to win Game 4. If they lose Game 4, the Mavs may never leave Dallas again this season. Even if Dallas were to win Game 5, the series is still over. But my bet is, as much as Dallas knows this, so does Wade.

TheInternets
06-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Dallas has been packing the paint most of the series, and it's working for the most part, forcing Miami to hit jumpers. But they've also been behind for about 95% of the series. Should they change up and extend the defense, which might give LeBron more room to operate but slow down Wade?

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 12:39 PM
To me the question of who the best player on the heat is should not be determined by the Finals MVP award ...because most NBA awards nowadays are pretty much media politics ...right now my eyes tell me wAde is the best but just 4 games ago Lebron was being compared to MJ ...and Wade was being laughed at by Kobe fanbbois and Lebron lovers ...

Nathan Explosion
06-06-2011, 01:00 PM
To me the question of who the best player on the heat is should not be determined by the Finals MVP award ...because most NBA awards nowadays are pretty much media politics ...right now my eyes tell me wAde is the best but just 4 games ago Lebron was being compared to MJ ...and Wade was being laughed at by Kobe fanbbois and Lebron lovers ...

Lebron is the best player on the Heat. Anyone with a brain knows that. But Wade is the leader, and right now he's leading by example and showing the entire team (especially Lebron) that this is how it needs to be done. Lebron will become an even better player in the future (and that's scary) if the Heat win the Finals and Wade his second Finals MVP.

picc84
06-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Lebron is the most talented player on the Heat. If I need one of the two for a playoff run, i'm taking Wade. To me that says he's the best.

InK
06-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Wade just has the biggest mismatch on him, 40 year old Kidd cant cover him.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2011, 01:09 PM
I was looking through the old threads that I'm going to bump, and bullsfan1000 actually called this in February, saying Dallas would have no chance against Wade, and that it would be his biggest fear this season..one of his rare, correct predictions..

mavsfan1000
06-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Wade just has the biggest mismatch on him, 40 year old Kidd cant cover him.
Yep. Rick Carlisle is an idiot for putting Kidd on him. So fucking stupid.

jjktkk
06-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Lebron is the most talented player in the league, possibly the most physically gifted NBA athlete ever. But does that mean hes the best player in the league? Right now, imo, no, but if he wins a few rings, he could be the goat.

mavsfan1000
06-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Lebron is the most talented player in the league, possibly the most physically gifted NBA athlete ever. But does that mean hes the best player in the league? Right now, imo, no, but if he wins a few rings, he could be the goat.
He doesn't have the ball handling, shooting, or clutchness to be the GOAT. Maybe best athlete of the nba but not the best player.

namlook
06-06-2011, 02:21 PM

Lebron is going to need 6 or 7 rings to be GOAT.

dirk4mvp
06-06-2011, 02:58 PM
He doesn't have the ball handling, shooting, or clutchness to be the GOAT. Maybe best athlete of the nba but not the best player.

what?

InK
06-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Nah, Lebron kinda gave up on the title of goat when he left Cleveland. MJ is untouchable, and for anyone to take the title of GOAT from him, he would have to have better stats, win more rings and win with less help. Lebron could have gotten 2/3 in Cleveland, 1/3 wont cut it. 10 rings would not make Lebron GOAT

Pelicans78
06-06-2011, 03:10 PM
This is very debatable but similar to Pierce/KG in Boston. Garnett may be the better overall player, but Pierce is the go-to scorer. Similar situation here. Lebron is bigger, stronger, better passer, defender, ball-handler, but Wade is better at shooting off the dribble and he does have a favorable matchup this series just like "Pierce had a favorable matchup against Kobe while KG went up against Gasol and Odom."

06-06-2011, 03:21 PM
10 rings would not make Lebron GOAT
yeah it would.

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 03:23 PM
I agree with those that say anyone with a brain knows Lebron is better especially if you watch him over 82 games plus, but if you watch this series not sure your feel the same.

But if you watched game 7 of the Finals last year, you probably dont think a certain player (who I will not discuss until after the Finals because he is not relevant) is not great at closing either ...tough to make sweeping judgments off of just 3 games, but I will say I expected more from james ...but it's not too late.

JamStone
06-06-2011, 04:45 PM
yeah it would.

In theory, then Wade would have 11. LeBron would have to ditch Miami and chase a ring elsewhere to get a ring without Wade because Wade will always have one more than him.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Lebron never had an argument for potential GOAT..nobody does, other than Jordan, and nobody will, any time soon..

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Lebron never had an argument for potential GOAT..nobody does, other than Jordan, and nobody will, any time soon..

I disagree, i still believe Lebron had that chance. Some stat heads would argue he is better. some (like Pippen) think he is a better all-around player though lacking Mj's scoring prowess.

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 05:06 PM

Even Jordan is terribly flawed. Only time and the imminent specter of Bryant balloons "our" memory of MJ. We forget about Pippen crutching him, of MJ "escorting" Russell outta the way in the Utah Finals, of MJ taking almost 2 years off because reportedly his gambling addiction led to the murder of his father, of Jordan sneaking back with 15 games left trying to steal one when nobody was looking, of Jordan slumming in DC making an ass of himself at the end like Mays did in centerfield with the Mets.

- Cubby - just checkin' assholes

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Even Jordan is terribly flawed. Only time and the imminent specter of Bryant balloons "our" memory of MJ. We forget about Pippen crutching him, of MJ "escorting" Russell outta the way in the Utah Finals, of MJ taking almost 2 years off because reportedly his gambling addiction led to the murder of his father, of Jordan sneaking back with 15 games left trying to steal one when nobody was looking, of Jordan slumming in DC making an ass of himself at the end like Mays did in centerfield with the Mets.

- Cubby - just checkin' assholes

Though i won't go as far as Cubby here ...but I do think Mj's legend grows in each pasing year no one surpasses him.
MJ is the standard bearer during the "formative" ages of their sport fan-dom most people 30-40. They dismiss Mj's flaws both on the court and off and have him as some untouchable mythological figure, when in fact, though the best I have ever seen ... I realize how much ahead of his time MJ was and how that "inflates" his greatness to some degree.
Don't get me wrong MJ is better than Lebron, Wade and Kobe. No arguments here.

But imagine Lebron being guarded by:

Kiki vandeweghe
Larry bird
James Worthy
Alex English
Dominique Wilkins
Terry Cummings
Chris mullin
Detlef schrempf
Jerome Kersey
Bernard King
Mark aguirre
Adrian dantley

The above were some the best SF's and they had no shot as guarding Lebron with his athleticism and speed. Only maybe Pippen and Rodman of the MJ era had a legit shot maybe Derek Mckey as well out

If you went small, look at the two guards:

Craig ehlo
Jeff Hornacek
Dan Majerle
Jeff Malone
Clyde Drexler
Byron scott
Gerald Wilkins
Joe Dumars
Danny Ainge
Mitch Richmond
Dale Ellis

again some great players ... but how many could guard Lebron? The point im making is even those those players are tons better offensively than Shawn Marion and Deshawn Stevenson ... who actually faced tougher 1 on 1 defenders? Lebron has. Put any of the above guys on Lebron except maybe Rodman and Derek McKey and Lebron is blowing by them with ease.

Mj is the GOAT, but let's keep some perspective ...

Nathan Explosion
06-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Ah, but Killa, you forget that that anyone who guards Lebron, Wade and Kobe from that era could hand check him on the perimeter, grab, tug and hold in the playoffs without a call because, "no blood, no foul" and even be able to clothesline those players without so much as a technical being called.

The game was much more physical on defense back then, and all 3 of the players you mentioned would stuggle with difference in style of play. The Pistons knocked the hell out of Jordan. Teams could not play like that today.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm a genius. :D

Ace
06-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm a genius. :D

No you're a emo faggot who's on the verge of suicide after every lost or win for the matter. What's stopping you from the inevitable?

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 05:27 PM
No you're a emo faggot who's on the verge of suicide after every lost or win for the matter. What's stopping you from the inevitable?
lol Butthurt Heatfan. Get over yourself. Your James is a choker and can't handle Stevenson's lockdown defense.

LkrFan
06-11-2011, 05:49 PM
lol Butthurt Heatfan. Get over yourself. Your James is a choker and can't handle Stevenson's lockdown defense.

Ace
06-11-2011, 06:00 PM

I'm butthurt because you want to kill yourself like a teenager girl who just found Justin Bieber has a girlfriend?

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm butthurt because you want to kill yourself like a teenager girl who just found Justin Bieber has a girlfriend?
Speaking of childish comments... :lol

Ace
06-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Speaking of childish comments... :lol

Just saying if you decided to actually follow through with it, you would be doing the world and Mavs fans everywhere a great service... :tu

Jack Kevorkian
06-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Just saying if you decided to actually follow through with it, you would be doing the world and Mavs fans everywhere a great service... :tu

I approve this message.

davethedope
06-11-2011, 06:12 PM
until further notice, LeBron is overrated.

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Bieber has a gf?

Culby will be crushed.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Bieber has a gf?

Culby will be crushed.

He is almost pretty. Like that Marc Anthony in "Man on Fire." I appreciate beauty without consideration of gender.

It's my religion.

Joel Anthony
06-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Can't, I'm impudent

DMC
06-11-2011, 10:07 PM
He is almost pretty. Like that Marc Anthony in "Man on Fire." I appreciate beauty without consideration of gender.

It's my religion.
Pretty sure you are the "man on fire" there Cubbers.

LkrFan
06-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Though i won't go as far as Cubby here ...but I do think Mj's legend grows in each pasing year no one surpasses him.
MJ is the standard bearer during the "formative" ages of their sport fan-dom most people 30-40. They dismiss Mj's flaws both on the court and off and have him as some untouchable mythological figure, when in fact, though the best I have ever seen ... I realize how much ahead of his time MJ was and how that "inflates" his greatness to some degree.
Don't get me wrong MJ is better than Lebron, Wade and Kobe. No arguments here.

But imagine Lebron being guarded by:

Kiki vandeweghe
Larry bird
James Worthy
Alex English
Dominique Wilkins
Terry Cummings
Chris mullin
Detlef schrempf
Jerome Kersey
Bernard King
Mark aguirre
Adrian dantley

The above were some the best SF's and they had no shot as guarding Lebron with his athleticism and speed. Only maybe Pippen and Rodman of the MJ era had a legit shot maybe Derek Mckey as well out

If you went small, look at the two guards:

Craig ehlo
Jeff Hornacek
Dan Majerle
Jeff Malone
Clyde Drexler
Byron scott
Gerald Wilkins
Joe Dumars
Danny Ainge
Mitch Richmond
Dale Ellis

again some great players ... but how many could guard Lebron? The point im making is even those those players are tons better offensively than Shawn Marion and Deshawn Stevenson ... who actually faced tougher 1 on 1 defenders? Lebron has. Put any of the above guys on Lebron except maybe Rodman and Derek McKey and Lebron is blowing by them with ease.

Mj is the GOAT, but let's keep some perspective ...

Great post. But let's be honest here, other maybe Dumars, who on both lists above could check prime Kobe? I've said it a million times: Kobe could have done everything MJ did. Everything. Kobe is still great in his 15th year against players that are faster, stronger, and jump higher than he is right now. Kobe is an amazing athlete that won't get his proper respect because people refuse to let MJ go.