PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts for 2012

Russo21
06-04-2011, 04:57 AM
...Without breaking up the big 3 with a Blockbuster trade.

Pistons

Bonner for Ben Wallace and Austin Daye
or
Dice for Ben Wallace and Austin Daye

1st scenario is simple. I want Bonner out of San Antonio. Thats a win for SA. 2nd scenerio saves the Pistons nearly 5 million. We get a defensive presence passed his prime in ben wallace but whatever, he'll be better then Bonner on defense at 70 years old then Bonner is now. Austin Daye interests me. He is a 6'11" SF and averaged 7 points 4 rebounds while shooting 40% from three. His size could bother lots of people on D and if he shot 40% from downtown he'd be extremely useful for us on offense. 6'11" SF would be a great start to get back to tall ball!

Raptors

RJ and Bonner for Bargnani and Lenis Kleiza. We get a big man who can put the ball in the hole and a 6'8" SF who isnt a big name but averages similar stats to RJ at half the price. Defense doesnt really improve though.

Warriors

RJ and Dice and Bonner for Biedrins and Dorrell Wright. Warriors get a starting SF and save about 5 million which is good for a team with no chance at making the playoffs. Spurs get a starting Center who can rebound and play D and a small forward who at a long 6'9" had a breakout year averaging 16 points 5 rebounds 1.5 steals and 1 block. We get way bigger and better defensively here but i doubt it'd go down:depressed

Clippers
RJ Dice and Bonner for Kamaan and Ryan Gomes. Spurs get a starting C and an unknown in Gomez. His best year in the league he did average 13 points 5 rebounds and 38% 3PTFG. Not to shabby if he could do that again. Clippers get SF PF and save cash.

I'm tired of thinking bout shitty trades to get rid of RJ and Bonner.. I dunno how we're gonna get back to the top:bang

Texas_Ranger
06-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Didn't we have like 10 threads about the trades.

And everyone here should know that RJ and Matt will stay. Pop loves those two faggots too much.

Russo21
06-04-2011, 05:15 AM
Yeah we did. I think we are all anxious and desperate to get those two useless bozo's off our bloody team and it is a long wait til the offseason wheeling and dealing begins. What else are we gonna do for now:(the finals suck. After the spurs got ousted i said i just dont want dallas or lebron to win the championship. And look whats gonna happen. Dallas or LeBron are gonna win the trophy...$#*%!!!:bang

LakaFan
06-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Thought this about the end of the world

eisfeld
06-04-2011, 12:04 PM
First two trades are beyond realistic and the third isn't even possible due to the Warriors being over the cap...

Bonner will not net the Spurs any serviceable player...

ChumpDumper
06-04-2011, 12:06 PM
lol anxious and desperate

spurs777
06-04-2011, 12:07 PM
The Pistons are extremely high on Daye, they wouldn't trade him for Hill, no way they go for either of those offers.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-04-2011, 12:38 PM
This will be the first season where a championship is virtually out of the question barring a blockbuster trade.

2nd round ecstasy!

rascal
06-04-2011, 08:47 PM
This will be the first season where a championship is virtually out of the question barring a blockbuster trade.

2nd round ecstasy!

This is the first season that you are willing to accept and see. There was no shot going into last season if you took a look at the spurs frontline.

sananspursfan21
06-04-2011, 10:06 PM
do you guys not understand that nobody is into RJ let alone his price? these trades you guys are proposing involve the spurs getting talent in exchange for garbage... you're proposing salary cut trades which would be great if RJ was cheap and/or expiring. he's not, he's on the books for 3 more years with what 38 mil total? i realize these are dream trades but somebody gotta come up with something logical

jimo2305
06-04-2011, 11:40 PM
bonner isn't even an issue compared to what RJ is..

Dex
06-05-2011, 12:01 AM
You lost me at Ben Wallace.

Russo21
06-05-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm still lost as to why we overpaid RJ and for so long after his shitty first year with us. I mean what were they thinking? That he'd magically pull his finger out of his ass and contribute? Crazy signing.

jimo2305
06-05-2011, 04:07 AM
I'm still lost as to why we overpaid RJ and for so long after his shitty first year with us. I mean what were they thinking? That he'd magically pull his finger out of his ass and contribute? Crazy signing.

lol well he did pull his finger out his ass and contributed for like the 1st half of the season.. even I was convinced.. then he expired before the start of the playoffs and never came back..

06-05-2011, 04:10 AM
because the FO wanted to RELOAD not rebuild. i crofl at the stupidity of that statement now.

TD 21
06-05-2011, 06:42 PM
If this team is serious about contending next season (which is seemingly their intention), they can't return with Jefferson. They just can't. His mere presence alone would indicate to the entire team, particularly the big three, that they're not serious. And obviously, they're not in a full fledged re-build, so they'd be going nowhere. A morale death knell before the season even begins.

Based on Pop's comments a few weeks ago, I'm hopeful they're cognizant of this. He seems to realize that, if they're to get back to being a top 5-7 defensive team (which is his intent), it's going to take a couple of moves to bring in quality defensive players. No longer can just focusing on it and trying hard suffice.

Jefferson and one of Bonner or Blair has to go. I know they want essentially a younger McDyess, but that's not realistic. They could draft a shooting four like Johnson or Harper or take a flier on a young player like McRoberts or Clark. They're all capable mid range shooters, but none brings the package of experience, defense and rebounding, in addition to shooting, that McDyess brought.

They need to make an impact move. Someone(s) that would give this team some swagger and excite the big three. I'm not talking about some unrealistic trade for an in his prime star. I'm talking about a Jackson or a Varejao, players like that, that could bring elements this team needs and are attainable.