PDA

View Full Version : Does it bother you...?

Nathan89
06-04-2011, 09:53 AM
That when ever there is a black person in a commercial he/she is always the smartest or most knowledgeable person. IMO, it's fucking bullshit.

Dark Gable
06-04-2011, 10:13 AM
That when ever there is a black person in a commercial he/she is always the smartest or most knowledgeable person. IMO, it's fucking bullshit.

It is apparent you lack confidence in your own intelligence and are probably not the smartest person amongst your friends or in most conversations.

pawe
06-04-2011, 11:52 AM
What's with all the topics about black people? I hope you're not trolling because if you are, there are posters here that already done this.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2011, 11:54 AM
Not completing a topic in the topic line bothers me more tbh.

AmericanPsycho
06-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Jack seems to be the smartest person in the JIB commercials. Does that make you feel better?

BlackSwordsMan
06-04-2011, 12:16 PM
And its always a white guy who breaks into houses during security commercials

CubanSucks
06-04-2011, 03:23 PM
it's always a white guy doing something outrageous or awkward and the sensible black guy just staring at him with a wtf face. 3 examples off the top of my head: the Bing food fight commercial, the flash mob grand central station fail commercial, and that taco bell commercial where he "won"

lol reverse tv land

Chief Brody
06-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Normally I find these threads played out and tiresome, but this topic actually does piss me off. We're all equals now, it's a different time than the 60's and before. It's not enough that they have to force racial representation with the token minority in the group, but the white guy is always either fat, stupid, or both.

The white guilt in these commercials is more egregious than racism itself.

DMC
06-04-2011, 04:45 PM
And the father of the family is always the stupidest one, while the mother is wily and covertly a genius.

Media drives the agenda of the wealthy. If you see it enough on television and the movies, it becomes the norm. Homosexuals have been beating that drum for 20 years or more, trying to make homosexuality mainstream. Since the Hollywood elite are comprised of a large number of homosexuals, all of the shows and commercials are becoming more metrosexual, some even homosexual.

Not a knock on blacks though, often times the black guy in the room is the smartest, often times not. If you want to see them portrayed by their lower end stereotypical folks, just watch Cops. You should get your fill there.

DMC
06-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Normally I find these threads played out and tiresome, but this topic actually does piss me off. We're all equals now, it's a different time than the 60's and before. It's not enough that they have to force racial representation with the token minority in the group, but the white guy is always either fat, stupid, or both.

If we were all equals, no one would be pointing out that the black guy is always the smartest in the room. The fact that it's noticed and made into conversation material is evidence that the term "equal" has a gradient. Some people are more equal than others.

ChuckD
06-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Not a knock on blacks though, often times the black guy in the room is the smartest, often times not. If you want to see them portrayed by their lower end stereotypical folks, just watch any Tyler Perry show. You should get your fill there.

fify

Todd Cleary
06-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Since the Hollywood elite are comprised of a large number of homosexuals, all of the shows and commercials are becoming more metrosexual, some even homosexual.

7skPnJOZYdA

DMC
06-04-2011, 08:54 PM
fify

I've never watched Tyler Perry. He's overexposed and I avoid, like the plague, anything he does.

Creepn
06-04-2011, 09:33 PM
it's always a white guy doing something outrageous or awkward and the sensible black guy just staring at him with a wtf face.

lol Seen MTV Real World? This season? Not saying that it doesn't happen the other way around but don't act like that doesn't exist.

Tinystarz
06-04-2011, 09:37 PM
And the father of the family is always the stupidest one, while the mother is wily and covertly a genius.

That's actually true in real life tbh :)

DMC
06-04-2011, 10:17 PM
That's actually true in real life tbh :)

I've seen it a few times, but TV makes it to always be so, in contrast to 30 years ago when dads in shows were wise and made decisions.

Nbadan
06-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Lol stereotypes....ok, but the black guy always dies and the white guy, no matter how ugly he is, always gets the girl...

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-04-2011, 10:47 PM

This. Commercials always have a family where the husband is as smart as a mentally ill 10 year old recovering from a lobotomy, while the wife has the perfect solution every time her mentally retarded husband does something stupid.

Somehow tho, the retarded husband is the one paying the bills, while the genius wife doesn't work and sits at home all day.

ohmwrecker
06-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Somehow tho, the retarded husband is the one paying the bills, while the genius wife doesn't work and sits at home all day.

Sounds pretty smart to me.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Sounds pretty smart to me.
:lol good point

JoeChalupa
06-06-2011, 12:22 PM
no

boutons_deux
06-06-2011, 02:09 PM
"Since the Hollywood elite are comprised of a large number of homosexuals"

My guess is that the "creative/ideas" depts of ad agencies are full gays intent on showing, oops depicting, white straight males, all ages, as infantile jerks (tbh, there's plenty of evidence. :lol )

DMC
06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
This. Commercials always have a family where the husband is as smart as a mentally ill 10 year old recovering from a lobotomy, while the wife has the perfect solution every time her mentally retarded husband does something stupid.

And the black yuppie movies where all these black guys get together and talk about marriage during a pickup game of basketball, and they are all doctors and lawyers, but they still all say "aks" except this one smoove looking bro who turns out to be gay. None of their women have the pubic head hair, it's all straight and blond-ish.

That's reality. I see it everywhere.

DMC
06-06-2011, 05:32 PM
"Since the Hollywood elite are comprised of a large number of homosexuals"

My guess is that the "creative/ideas" depts of ad agencies are full gays intent on showing, oops depicting, white straight males, all ages, as infantile jerks (tbh, there's plenty of evidence. :lol )
Thanks deuxchbag

Sisk
06-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Not a knock on blacks though, often times the black guy in the room is the smartest, often times not. If you want to see them portrayed by their lower end stereotypical folks, just watch Cops. You should get your fill there.

Should be even worse than what is represented, tbh.

6tLc16_xXlM

symple19
06-06-2011, 10:55 PM
And its always a white guy who breaks into houses during security commercials

:lmao:lmao:lmao

political correctness run amok /thread

symple19
06-06-2011, 10:56 PM
All you need to know about black people you can learn on the TV show the 'first 48'

thispego
06-06-2011, 11:22 PM
It is apparent you lack confidence in your own intelligence and are probably not the smartest person amongst your friends or in most conversations.

Creepn
06-07-2011, 12:15 AM
lol you guys thinking white people are angels because of the lopsided stats. Everything is not so black and white. It's all about circumstances. The circumstancial position white people have just allows them to get away with crime better than minorities. You guys are so privileged here and I've seen it first hand.

Like I said before, I've hung with plenty of cool white people and I was just shocked, just shocked how cops let them get away with things. I've seen this! That Dave Chappelle skit is true! lol One situation in my life, I was so glad I was with a white guy because if I was with another black guy or alone, I sure as hell would've been sent to jail.

jimo2305
06-07-2011, 01:11 AM
lol @ gettin offended at the taco bell commercial where the white guy acts all crazy

OOHHHHH YOUUUUUU

jimo2305
06-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Like I said before, I've hung with plenty of cool white people and I was just shocked, just shocked how cops let them get away with things. I've seen this! That Dave Chappelle skit is true! lol One situation in my life, I was so glad I was with a white guy because if I was with another black guy or alone, I sure as hell would've been sent to jail.

so fkn true.. i was shocked too.. one time it was actually the chic i was with at the time was pulled over for speeding like at 12am.. the cop is flashing the flashlight in my eyes.. i'm in the passenger seat.. cop lets us go and tells us to be safe or whatever.. i was hella shocked lol.. if it was me alone.. i would've definitely gotten a ticket at the very least..

Sisk
06-07-2011, 01:24 AM
so fkn true.. i was shocked too.. one time it was actually the chic i was with at the time was pulled over for speeding like at 12am.. the cop is flashing the flashlight in my eyes.. i'm in the passenger seat.. cop lets us go and tells us to be safe or whatever.. i was hella shocked lol.. if it was me alone.. i would've definitely gotten a ticket at the very least..

If cops are all racially motivated as you suggest - he'd not only have ticketed her because she's with a black guy (assuming you're black by the context) but he'd have found a reason to get you out of the car and beat you.

jimo2305
06-07-2011, 04:35 AM
If cops are all racially motivated as you suggest - he'd not only have ticketed her because she's with a black guy (assuming you're black by the context) but he'd have found a reason to get you out of the car and beat you.

yes but if you saw the chappelle skit you'd know i was referring to how because i was with a white friend.. i got off the hook vs. me alone

mojorizen7
06-07-2011, 04:46 AM

CubanSucks
06-07-2011, 02:44 PM
yes but if you saw the chappelle skit you'd know i was referring to how because i was with a white friend.. i got off the hook vs. me alone

in the Chappelle skit and his standup, he's with a white GUY. If you're with a white girl then Sisk is completely right

Nathan Explosion
06-07-2011, 04:19 PM
I like how in commercials, the dad doesn't have a clue in the kitchen. I also like Adam Carolla's take on it. He says, "Look at a list of all the Michelin star chefs out there and tell me what gender makes up the majority."

Drachen
06-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Anyone seen a show on spike called "repo games"? Black, white, brown, whatever. That shit is funny.

jjktkk
06-07-2011, 05:32 PM

Interesting point. Years ago, while I was a polce officer in a small tx. town, citizens were complaining that the police were racial profiling and only stopping Hispanics on traffic stops. The problem with that accusation was the town was 90% percent Hispanic.

jjktkk
06-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Anyone seen a show on spike called "repo games"? Black, white, brown, whatever. That shit is funny.

Great show.

Nathan Explosion
06-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Interesting point. Years ago, while I was a polce officer in a small tx. town, citizens were complaining that the police were racial profiling and only stopping Hispanics on traffic stops. The problem with that accusation was the town was 90% percent Hispanic.

Before I even read the last sentence, I could see that coming. Sometimes there is legit racial profiling. And sometimes, people are idiots. And hispanics can be the worst kind of idiot at times.

I am proud that I'm hispanic, but sometimes I'm just ashamed at some of the people are share the same ethnic background as myself.

Sisk
06-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Before I even read the last sentence, I could see that coming. Sometimes there is legit racial profiling. And sometimes, people are idiots. And hispanics can be the worst kind of idiot at times.

This.

I am proud that I'm hispanic, but sometimes I'm just ashamed at some of the people are share the same ethnic background as myself.

I've found that there are generally two types of Hispanics. The first being the good citizens that are hard working and respectable people. The other being the group that does all the stupid crap. That first group hates the lesser group more than any other race could possibly hate them. There's definitely a lot of hispanic on hispanic racism, if you will, imho.

jjktkk
06-07-2011, 07:55 PM

All races have their idiots.

DMC
06-07-2011, 10:59 PM
lol you guys thinking white people are angels because of the lopsided stats. Everything is not so black and white. It's all about circumstances. The circumstancial position white people have just allows them to get away with crime better than minorities. You guys are so privileged here and I've seen it first hand.

White people don't normally get out and run like hell when stopped, nor do they fire shots at the officer.

DMC
06-07-2011, 11:00 PM
All races have their idiots.

True, but the black race has a virtual cornucopia of them. You can tell a lot about a race by how their comedians portray their own race. They don't tip (so I don't tip them), and they never offer to pay for the meal. They are not trustworthy, they are selfish, self absorbed dumbasses. Sure there are exceptions, but with most other races, the exceptions are what I mentioned above, and the rest are decent.

There's a reason the prisons are mostly black, but let's not discuss the elephant in the room.

Creepn
06-07-2011, 11:45 PM
True, but the black race has a virtual cornucopia of them. You can tell a lot about a race by how their comedians portray their own race. They don't tip (so I don't tip them), and they never offer to pay for the meal. They are not trustworthy, they are selfish, self absorbed dumbasses. Sure there are exceptions, but with most other races, the exceptions are what I mentioned above, and the rest are decent.

There's a reason the prisons are mostly black, but let's not discuss the elephant in the room.

I see you take comedians as serious as christians do their pastors.

Are you Wild Cobras son? You believing the fabrication of blacks not tipping their waiter which enables you to not tip black waiters is pretty fucked up. Sounds like you are the selfish self absorbed dumbass to me.

Creepn
06-07-2011, 11:48 PM
White people don't normally get out and run like hell when stopped, nor do they fire shots at the officer.

lol ya that's what they all said before they installed dash cams.

koriwhat
06-08-2011, 12:03 AM

wow. i used to actually like some of your takes but that shit's all in the past now. god damn you're racist.

I see you take comedians as serious as christians do their pastors.

Are you Wild Cobras son? You believing the fabrication of blacks not tipping their waiter which enables you to not tip black waiters is pretty fucked up. Sounds like you are the selfish self absorbed dumbass to me.

:tu

CubanSucks
06-08-2011, 12:29 AM
wow. i used to actually like some of your takes but that shit's all in the past now. god damn you're racist.

:dramaquee

jimo2305
06-08-2011, 12:41 AM
lol just get some of this and u'll befine

http://www.homotron.net/images/homotron/258Troll_spray.jpg

DarkReign
06-08-2011, 09:52 AM
No comment on anything else in this thread, racism is the norm around these parts.

Just a story from a career waitress friend of my wife:

She works two jobs, one at Mongolian BBQ and a seasonal job at a upscale golf course. I laugh at nearly all of her stories about black people, most of it having to do with the communication gap.

Her: May I take your order?
Him: Got any scrimp?
Her: What?
Him: Scrimp.
Her: I dont know what that is.
Him: Scrimp!
Her: I...really dont...
Him: Scrimp! Scrimp! Scrimp fryrice!
Her: OH! You mean shrimp!
Him: (blank stare)

She obviously told the story much better than I could, shes funny like that. Also, the tipping thing, apparently its true. Black folks, according to her, do not tip. Once in a blue moon, she says, a group/family will tip, but its the exception, not the rule.

I think thats some serious bullshit. Take your ass to McDonalds if you dont want to tip, cheap motherfuckers (regardless of race, this is a rule).

ididnotnothat
06-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Maybe because so many whites try to act black these days?

jimo2305
06-11-2011, 11:17 AM
when i was a waiter.. i had black folks tip well..
then again.. maybe it's because i'm black too..
then again.. i tip pretty well too...

haven't gotten enough non-tips from black folk that would make me say black people as a race don't tip