PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the NBA 2k11 Spurs?

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Gary Neal is money in NBA 2k11 from mid-range, but his setup/square-up seems unnaturally low and always gets blocked. So he pretty much has to be completely open to be effective. And why does he have that unsightly fade in the game? Did he ever actually have that?

Also, unless I am missing something, Bonner can't hit a wide open trey to save his life. Is my release to slow?

McDyess is OK and seems to get boards and hit the mid-range J. Blair looks and plays like a stalky midget who always gets blocked, just like in real life, so that's pretty accurate.

I find that other than boards and blocks Timmy D is not that useful in the game.

Somewhat like the real Spurs, there are not a lot of spectacular high flyers, and I get dunked on by other teams. But Anderson, Hill and RJ can dunk pretty well.

My strategy with the Spurs consists of a lot of one pass then shoot possessions in slow transition with Neal, Hill or TP shooting the mid-range 10-15 ft shot when open. That's usually more effective than forcing it into the paint or chucking up a three.

Thoughts on this and other thoughts on the 2k11 Spurs?

Cessation
06-04-2011, 06:58 PM
I notice duncan is better than in real life, I can average 25 and 15 easy. I think they going for realistic bonner in this version, lol. I traded dick and bonner in my game, tbh. I go for the transition three alot too, works real well since I have stephen jackson and Rashard Lewis starting.

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 07:15 PM
I notice duncan is better than in real life, I can average 25 and 15 easy. I think they going for realistic bonner in this version, lol. I traded dick and bonner in my game, tbh. I go for the transition three alot too, works real well since I have stephen jackson and Rashard Lewis starting.

I think my problem with 3s is getting the release right. 2s are more forgiving on a bad release. Jax is good at the transition 3? I'll have to keep that in mind.

lefty
06-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Bonner really spreaaaaaaadz the floor in 2K11

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Tiago is actually not bad in this game. He's useful on D and boards. It really helps to have height in the lineup. He has a horrific looking jumper though. Is that really what his jumper looks like in person?

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 07:17 PM
How do you make threes with Bonner? I think I've gone 1 for 30 with him career.

lefty
06-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Did you try to shoot with him in practice mode, just to find the perfect release point

Or you can active the release inidicator during a Spurs game

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 07:25 PM
I'll check that out. Didn't think to put him in in practice mode as he wasn't in my 8 man rotation at the time.

lefty
06-04-2011, 07:40 PM
I'll check that out. Didn't think to put him in in practice mode as he wasn't in my 8 man rotation at the time.
Also, on some pick and rolls, he stays behind the 3pt line, unlike in most previous 2K versions where he would go to the paint
With a wide open shot, better %

ALVAREZ6
06-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Also, unless I am missing something, Bonner can't hit a wide open trey to save his life. Is my release to slow?

Yeah, your release is definitely too slow.

ernest787
06-04-2011, 08:40 PM
i can kill with Bonner behind the 3 pt line on 2k11. Gary Neal i'm pretty meh with, but I don't use him much

Jefferson is also money from behind the line.

Cessation
06-04-2011, 08:58 PM
I think my problem with 3s is getting the release right. 2s are more forgiving on a bad release. Jax is good at the transition 3? I'll have to keep that in mind.

I think the more athletic a guy is the longer you can take before releasing the shot, so with bonner you'd have to realeaser rather soon, since he's one of the least athletic players in the nba. Jax is like the perfect sg, imo. He's an ex spur, and I'm sure everyone would rather have him then Dick J. He's 6-8 so he can shoot over other sg who usually are around 6-6, and is a great three point shooter on top of that. I always increase his 3 point rating every month too. In transition with him, I like to just shoot if competelly open. If there is a guy around I'll fake and take one dribble pull up three. If the guy is all over me, I'll fake and shoot, thereby get either 3 free throws, or on occasion, the awesome 4 point play! I have him averaging 30 a game, mostly on jumpers, taking it to the hole all the time gets boring, tbh.

The Btown Spur
06-04-2011, 10:28 PM
I like doing a fantasy draft to start an association. It creates teams that will never happen in real life. I drafted 3rd and my starting 5 is Nash, George Hill, Durant, David West, and Love. I have Afflalo who can nail the 3, Damion james who is pretty solid for a rookie, mcdyess, and Nazr Muhammed coming off the bench.

lefty
06-04-2011, 10:42 PM
I think the more athletic a guy is the longer you can take before releasing the shot, so with bonner you'd have to realeaser rather soon, since he's one of the least athletic players in the nba..
:lol

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 11:06 PM
I think the more athletic a guy is the longer you can take before releasing the shot, so with bonner you'd have to realeaser rather soon, since he's one of the least athletic players in the nba. Jax is like the perfect sg, imo. He's an ex spur, and I'm sure everyone would rather have him then Dick J. He's 6-8 so he can shoot over other sg who usually are around 6-6, and is a great three point shooter on top of that. I always increase his 3 point rating every month too. In transition with him, I like to just shoot if competelly open. If there is a guy around I'll fake and take one dribble pull up three. If the guy is all over me, I'll fake and shoot, thereby get either 3 free throws, or on occasion, the awesome 4 point play! I have him averaging 30 a game, mostly on jumpers, taking it to the hole all the time gets boring, tbh.

Wow, if this is true, then the game must be more realistic than I could ever imagine. Thanks, Cessation! I really need to check out Jax!

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 11:07 PM
i can kill with Bonner behind the 3 pt line on 2k11. Gary Neal i'm pretty meh with, but I don't use him much

Jefferson is also money from behind the line.

Yeah I find RJ not too bad at 3s, but he's kinda spotty at midrange in my exp.

Calispursfan11
06-04-2011, 11:09 PM
So what do you guys think, are the Spurs really that strong a team in 2k11? Maybe it's just my lack of skill, but I feel like most can kick my a$$ with a more athletic team like OKC. Is that how it is, or do I just suck a$$?

Texas_Ranger
06-05-2011, 05:39 AM

You only play the playoffs?? :hat

Venti Quattro
06-05-2011, 07:07 AM
I use Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili exclusively

ajballer4
06-05-2011, 10:03 AM
I always get beat by OKC and Houston. I can never figure out why

Sigz
06-05-2011, 10:17 AM
I found the hack to enable Becky Hammon in the game.

Calispursfan11
06-05-2011, 11:33 AM
You only play the playoffs?? :hat

Haha, nice.

Calispursfan11
06-05-2011, 11:35 AM
I found the hack to enable Becky Hammon in the game.

Yeah? Do tell. Does it work on Xbox?

Calispursfan11
06-05-2011, 11:37 AM
I always get beat by OKC and Houston. I can never figure out why

Oh yeah, Houston is a beast. Or maybe that was in 2k10. I remember in one of the versions, Yao was unstoppable. It was like he was playing against gradeschoolers. But I guess he wouldn't be on the active 2k11 roster, would he.

DMC
06-05-2011, 11:37 AM
It's all about substitutions. You have to get up by 10 points then play Bonner and Blair at the same time. That enables Tiago mode at which point you will go down by 16 and Tiago gets to play.

Calispursfan11
06-05-2011, 11:39 AM
It's all about substitutions. You have to get up by 10 points then play Bonner and Blair at the same time. That enables Tiago mode at which point you will go down by 16 and Tiago gets to play.

:lol @ "Tiago Mode"

Classic.

I Heart Ginobili
06-05-2011, 12:14 PM
bonners release is very quick. you pretty much have to hold the button down long enough for a pump fake, and if you figure it out his shot is actually really money. I have had games where he goes 8/8 behind the 3. i basically win every game by hitting transition 3's with ginobili and jefferson. Duncan is still clutch in the pick and roll and i figured his free throw down to a science where i never miss with it.

Calispursfan11
06-05-2011, 12:21 PM
bonners release is very quick. you pretty much have to hold the button down long enough for a pump fake, and if you figure it out his shot is actually really money. I have had games where he goes 8/8 behind the 3. i basically win every game by hitting transition 3's with ginobili and jefferson. Duncan is still clutch in the pick and roll and i figured his free throw down to a science where i never miss with it.

Thanks for the tip dude.

Spursnlego
06-05-2011, 04:56 PM
When I use the Spurs, I always get beasted on by the Bucks and only the Bucks for some reason...

lefty
06-05-2011, 05:16 PM
When I use the Spurs, I always get beasted on by the Bucks and only the Bucks for some reason...
Mbaha-Mboute !!!!

Calispursfan11
06-05-2011, 06:21 PM

I can't believe it. They got every detail down to the "fear the deer" curse right. I wonder what they'll do in 2k12?