PDA

View Full Version : The Future of British Basketball!

k_nguyen93
06-05-2011, 05:35 PM
This guy seems to be wetting his pants over Ryan Richards. Granted its U20 basketball and against Scotland. Video highlights coming later aparrently:

"GB U20s take 11-0 lead on Scotland 4 mins in, Ryan Richards (@RE_RICH (http://twitter.com/RE_RICH)) with 7 points and 4 rebounds already..."

"GB U20s up 25-9 on Scotland after 1Q. Richards showing out with 12 points 7 rebounds in 7 minutes including a nasty crossover and dunk #fb (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23fb)"

"Wait til you guys see the crossover n dunk...he's baaaack! RT @RE_RICH (http://twitter.com/RE_RICH): Great day!!"

"Crazy right. RT @bigbadshango (http://twitter.com/bigbadshango): @Hoopsfix (http://twitter.com/Hoopsfix) Still cant believe that Ryan Richards is only 20. Massive Talent!"

"Ryan Richards' (@Re_Rich (http://twitter.com/Re_Rich)) line from today-approx 15 mins, 17 points (missed 3 field goals), 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some scout tweeting back:

"im agree with you, only one doubt: his mentalllity."

"because we know for a long time that,problems of concentration, intensity and focus on.Otherwise, incredible talent,NBA player"

xellos88330
06-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Man amongst boys again. I want to see what he can do against college players or D-League talent to make a judgement on him. That crossover slam was nice, however, with bigger and more athletic bodies in the NBA, it most likely would have been better contested. I am more curious about his jumper. His form looks smoother than the last vids I saw of him. His release also seems much faster and doesn't seem to step into his shot anymore.

endrity
06-05-2011, 06:28 PM
If he makes it in the Euroleague, then we can talk.

benefactor
06-05-2011, 06:29 PM
We'll see. There's some natural ability as he handles the ball well for a man his size and has nice form on his jumper but a step up in competition is going to be the litmus test. It's not going out on a limb to say that he will need at least a full year in the DLeague.

tdunk21
06-05-2011, 06:35 PM
kinda playing like lamar odom.....

J_Paco
06-05-2011, 06:46 PM
That crossover and finish was filthy, but like other people mention, we need to see him against better competition. It'll be interesting to see his perimeter skills against bigger, more athletic big men. He handles the ball very well for a guy well over 7 feet tall.

pass1st
06-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Pretty damn good handles for a 7 footer. He could cause matchup problems with the mixture of height, handles and jumpshot. His athleticism is well above average and he is young.

He should enter the D-League and move him up if he begins to dominate. No idea about durability. He might make a little noise one day.

G-Dawgg
06-05-2011, 07:42 PM
..love that he's wearing #21 in the video.. lol

daslicer
06-05-2011, 07:49 PM
He has to play against better competition and only then we will be able to really gauge what he will become.

k_nguyen93
06-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Obviously he needs to play against better competition but again he's 20. Seems very confident for that age and he said last year upon being drafted that he WANTS to be in the D-League instead of going back to Europe. He was 49th pick so pretty much whatever he gives will be a plus. Lamar Odom seems to be a good ceiling and comparison.

JonNOKC
06-05-2011, 08:38 PM
On that video and having seen him before injury looks like he not totally back in shape and carrying a little extra weight - but right now Ryan Richards just playing in a basketball game is a good thing - obviously that video shows us little

mystargtr34
06-05-2011, 09:01 PM

TJastal
06-05-2011, 10:27 PM
Is he really 7 feet tall? Looks more like 6'10, Zack Randolph size & same type of game except slimmer and quicker

TJastal
06-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Even if he's only 6'10" from what I can see his skills should translate easily to the nba. IMO his dribbling & especially the handles in transition are better than anyone his size in the nba right now, including Lamar Odom.

ChuckD
06-05-2011, 10:38 PM
The word is that he was measured at 7'0" this last year.

Zack Randolph is also NOT 6'10". He's like 6'8", in shoes.

Solid D
06-05-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm not sold on Mr. Richards, yet. I'd like to see more of him against competition beyond the Gold's Gym pick-up guys.

Borosai
06-06-2011, 12:30 AM
I wonder what number Duncan will wear when Richards joins the team.

Hooks
06-06-2011, 01:17 AM
At the combine he was measured at 6'10 1/2 without shoes and 6'11 3/4 with shoes on, his weight is 230. That was in 2010 though, I think he had just turned 19 like 2 months before he was drafted. He looks a lot bigger, he's probably around 240 now which is a pretty good weight for his age.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 01:20 AM
I'm not sold on Mr. Richards, yet. I'd like to see more of him against competition beyond the Gold's Gym pick-up guys.

Screw that. Get him over here now to take Bonner's place. I'll pay for his flight over.

Fireball
06-06-2011, 02:28 AM
I did not know there was something like British Basketball ...

TJastal
06-06-2011, 02:33 AM
dream scenario:

Splitter takes over for McDyess (and gets ALL his minutes & then some)

Richards takes over for Bonner. (and gets ALL his minutes)

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Poor man's Michael Beasley, at best.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Poor man's Michael Beasley, at best.

That would still be 10X better than Bonner stinking up the court. I think I could get used to a guy who averages close to 20 a game and can blow up for 40 on any given night.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Screw that. Get him over here now to take Bonner's place. I'll pay for his flight over.No, you won't.

Bruno
06-06-2011, 05:05 AM
He looked good. Even if it's a very weak level, his mobility, dribling and shooting is impressive for a 7'1" player.

What Richards will do with the U20 will means very few. Great Britain will only play the U20 division B tournament. They won't face good European youth teams. However, Richards could play high level games if he makes it with the British senior team. What could help him is that Pops Mensah-Bonsu could be out because of a possible shoulder surgery.

k_nguyen93
06-06-2011, 05:38 AM
I did not know there was something like British Basketball ...

Luol Deng and Ben Gordon are on senior team. I'm hopefully he makes senior team for 2012 Olympics and can showcase at home.

mosdef17
06-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Man amongst boys again. I want to see what he can do against college players or D-League talent to make a judgement on him. That crossover slam was nice, however, with bigger and more athletic bodies in the NBA, it most likely would have been better contested. I am more curious about his jumper. His form looks smoother than the last vids I saw of him. His release also seems much faster and doesn't seem to step into his shot anymore.

Most college players are kids.. Why did Blair dominate the rookie sophomore game 2 games in a row? He has a mans body whilst everyone else his age is still pretty much a kid. I want to see him in the D-League though too.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Most college players are kids.. Why did Blair dominate the rookie sophomore game 2 games in a row? He has a mans body whilst everyone else his age is still pretty much a kid. I want to see him in the D-League though too.

Blair is also only 6'5" in pumps, Richards is 6'11" in socks. Size won't be an issue for him against the big boys like it is with Blair.

yavozerb
06-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Blair is also only 6'5" in pumps, Richards is 6'11" in socks. Size won't be an issue for him against the big boys like it is with Blair.

Actually Balir is closer to 6'7 in shoes and let me know when richards is all grown up and not laying kids in diapers...

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't know why TJ has to lie about things that are so easily disproved.

Oh wait, I do know....

Anyway, I'll wait to see him play someone other than Scottish children.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't know why TJ has to lie about things that are so easily disproved.

Oh wait, I do know....

Anyway, I'll wait to see him play someone other than Scottish children.

You should know by now I spice up my posts with a little tongue in cheek humor quite often. I can't help it you take everything 100% literal like most 6 year olds would.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Actually Balir is closer to 6'7 in shoes and let me know when richards is all grown up and not laying kids in diapers...

"Balir" is routinely labeled with the 6'5" tag around here, you just conveniently stay out of those discussions huh?

jag
06-06-2011, 11:28 AM
cM0C6P3Iuow

private workouts with Toros assistant coach

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 11:31 AM
You should know by now I spice up my posts with a little tongue in cheek humor quite often. I can't help it you take everything 100% literal like most 6 year olds would.

"Balir" is routinely labeled with the 6'5" tag around here, you just conveniently stay out of those discussions huh?You routinely lie around here.

lol humor

lol adverbs are hard

jag
06-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Old stuff but I'm not sure of these have been posted yet:

Pre-draft interview - Golden State

QExcbYRrYCA

Pre-draft interview - Kings

uph-o35XhDc

TJastal
06-06-2011, 11:39 AM
cM0C6P3Iuow

private workouts with Toros assistant coach

Nice!

Working on post moves, showing a great work ethic. And unlike Bonner practicing his uncontested 3's he actually has a defender there to simulate reality.

He is bigger than I thought too. He is legit 7' and easily 240+. :eyebrows

With proper coaching this guy could go far in the nba... which is what worries me, Pop will likely mangle this guy's development and confidence. I hope to hell the spurs hire an assistant who at least knows European players or has coached (or coaches) over there.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Jesus, you're an idiot.

jag
06-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Nice!

Working on post moves, showing a great work ethic. And unlike Bonner practicing his uncontested 3's he actually has a defender there to simulate reality.

With proper coaching this guy could go far in the nba... which is what worries me, Pop will likely mangle this guy's development and confidence. I hope to hell the spurs hire an assistant who at least knows European players or has coached (or coaches) over there.

No

cantthinkofanything
06-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Nice!

It may be a little premature but is there any specuation that he could be the next Dirk?

jag
06-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Ryan Richards, Udoh, Cole Aldrich, Hassan Whiteside and Daniel Orton.
Good showing by Richards.

Mh4cMkKiAus

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:22 PM

Mh4cMkKiAus

Aldritch has a very strange looking jumper that he winds up from the middle of his back. Any guard could reach in there and knock the ball loose.

cantthinkofanything
06-06-2011, 12:22 PM

Mh4cMkKiAus

Looks like a lot of traveling, pamling, etc. No real intensity either.
I've kind of soured on bringing him over.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:24 PM
It may be a little premature but is there any specuation that he could be the next Dirk?

I think it's safe to say he's going to blow Bonner & Blair out of the water, but Pop will probably have him rotting on the bench for the first 5 years of his nba career.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Looks like a lot of traveling, pamling, etc. No real intensity either.
I've kind of soured on bringing him over.

lmao no real intensity, what do you want from a practice session, handstands and jumping jacks between each shot? :lol

It's apparent the dude just sits and works on one move at a time until he perfects the move. And he has good post moves. Many of them even. Not like the one trick pony who works on 1 thing every day with no pressure just so he can fail miserably once there is pressure.

jjktkk
06-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Nice!

Just like Mahimni huh? And now Carlisle is doing the same thing as Pop, keeping Mahimni from being an all-star.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Just like Mahimni huh? And now Carlisle is doing the same thing as Pop, keeping Mahimni from being an all-star.

Pleas cite the thread where I claim Mahinmi was going to be a future all star. Pop stunted Mahinmi's growth for sure, but he was never going to be an all star.

Pop also has stunted Splitter's growth as a player in order to have the red retard pad his regular season statistics.

If you weren't such a moron I'd be mad for having to take the time to respond to your drivel this morning but I know you can't help it.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Just like Mahimni huh? And now Carlisle is doing the same thing as Pop, keeping Mahimni from being an all-star.It's Haywood's contract!

jjktkk
06-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Pleas cite the thread where I claim Mahinmi was going to be a future all star. Pop stunted Mahinmi's growth for sure, but he was never going to be an all star.

Pop also has stunted Splitter's growth as a player in order to have the red retard pad his regular season statistics.

If you weren't such a moron I'd be mad for having to take the time to respond to your drivel this morning but I know you can't help it.

I'd love to know who stunted your growth tbh.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 01:28 PM
I'd love to know who stunted your growth tbh.

Very funny.

Pop can't even figure out how to get Richard Jefferson motivated for an entire season and more involved in the spurs offense.

A unique talent like Richards will have very little chance to succeed on a Pop coached team. He'd most likely be pigeon-holed into being the pick&pop setter at the top of the key, or essentially doing what McDyess did for the spurs. That will be the extent of his progress under Pop if he even gets enough minutes to accomplish this minor feat.

cantthinkofanything
06-06-2011, 01:35 PM
lmao no real intensity, what do you want from a practice session, handstands and jumping jacks between each shot? :lol

It's apparent the dude just sits and works on one move at a time until he perfects the move. And he has good post moves. Many of them even. Not like the one trick pony who works on 1 thing every day with no pressure just so he can fail miserably once there is pressure.

handstands, jumping jacks...who does that???

I'd just like to see some fire in him that tells me he really wants to be a Spur. It'd be cool if the guys did some kind of cadence clapping when they didn't have the ball.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 01:42 PM

I'd just like to see some fire in him that tells me he really wants to be a Spur. It'd be cool if the guys did some kind of cadence clapping when they didn't have the ball.

Haha.. your just being stupid now. I'd say he was cadence clapping, his way though was derived from the sound of the ball clapping against the palm of of his hand every time he simulated catching a post pass..

(Along with the resulting shock waves echoing across the court)

jjktkk
06-06-2011, 01:45 PM

tjastal's theory on evaluating talent: 6'10", athletic= instant starter on a NBA team. :lol

TJastal
06-06-2011, 01:56 PM
tjastal's theory on evaluating talent: 6'10", athletic= instant starter on a NBA team. :lol

Try 7'1", athletic, can shoot out to the 3 point line, has amazing handles for a guy his size, has post moves, and probably much more that is unknown at this point.

I'm willing to "go out on a limb" and say he'd be almost an instant upgrade over either Bonner or Blair offensively and defensively without even knowing a thing about the schemes the spurs run.

cantthinkofanything
06-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Try 7'1", athletic, can shoot out to the 3 point line, has amazing handles for a guy his size, has post moves, and probably much more that is unknown at this point.

I'm willing to "go out on a limb" and say he'd be almost an instant upgrade over either Bonner or Blair offensively and defensively without even knowing a thing about the schemes the spurs run.

Wait. Why did you quote "out on a limb"??

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Now if we can just get the rest of the league to sign pasty white children.

cantthinkofanything
06-06-2011, 02:02 PM

I was doing some more thinking and maybe some kind of pregame ritual is all the Spurs need to turn this thing around. Like in Remember the Titans where they did that chant/shuffle before the game. That'd be cool and maybe get the team fired up enough.

ALVAREZ6
06-06-2011, 02:03 PM

So you add 1 inch to RR but take away 2 from DB? Interesting, because we all know NBA players are measured with shoes on, which is why people say DB is in reality more like 6'5". If you were consistent, you'd either list Blair at 6'7" or Richards 6'10".

EDIT: On different sites, I see Richards listed anywhere from 6'10" - 7'0", meaning 6'11" is probably fair, in which case RR = 6'9". Quite a few inches off there with the 7'1".

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 02:05 PM
If this thread gets to five pages, Richards is going to be nine feet tall.

yavozerb
06-06-2011, 02:11 PM

What exactly defines athletic, cause his max vert. was 28 inches which was the same as Luke Harangody last year. Where exactly have you seen his post moves, the kid never seems to play anyone even close to his height in these weaker leagues? I will partly agree with you there is some unknown about this kid and in my opinion more unknown than known about his skills. To say he is better than Bonner or Blair at this time is pretty dumb, but then again not a suprise..

TJastal
06-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Wait. Why did you quote "out on a limb"??

for added sarcasm / tongue in cheek effect.

cantthinkofanything
06-06-2011, 02:12 PM
for added sarcasm / tongue in cheek effect.

What about the Remember the Titans thing?

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 02:12 PM
lol humor

TJastal
06-06-2011, 02:16 PM
What exactly defines athletic, cause his max vert. was 28 inches which was the same as Luke Harangody last year. Where exactly have you seen his post moves, the kid never seems to play anyone even close to his height in these weaker leagues? I will partly agree with you there is some unknown about this kid and in my opinion more unknown than know about his skills. To say he is better than Bonner or Blair at this time is pretty dumb, but then again not a suprise..

Well he obviously can run circles around Bonner or Blair in transition and his handles are 5X better than either. That much I think is fair to assume so far. My worry is that he may be just too much of an enigma for a coach like Popovich to adapt into a rigid system.

jjktkk
06-06-2011, 02:17 PM

:lol

yavozerb
06-06-2011, 02:22 PM

If i'm Richards I stay and keep dominating....:lol

cantthinkofanything
06-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Can someone make a gif with Ryan Richards except replace his head with an EggMcMuffin that has a smiley face on it?

cantthinkofanything
06-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Can someone make a gif with Ryan Richards except replace his head with an EggMcMuffin that has a smiley face on it?

Nevermind.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 02:31 PM
So you add 1 inch to RR but take away 2 from DB? Interesting, because we all know NBA players are measured with shoes on, which is why people say DB is in reality more like 6'5". If you were consistent, you'd either list Blair at 6'7" or Richards 6'10".

EDIT: On different sites, I see Richards listed anywhere from 6'10" - 7'0", meaning 6'11" is probably fair, in which case RR = 6'9". Quite a few inches off there with the 7'1".

Hey I'm just going with what I was told from the "experts" that Richards was measured in at 6'11 in stocking feet so he well could be pushing 7'1" in shoes.

As for Blair, he is 6'7 in shoes but when I said he was "6'5 in pumps" I thought I was being rather obvious tongue in cheeky there. I know that may be confusing to you (the whole tongue in cheek thing) because you obviously went to the school of chumpdumper where everything is taken in a literal sense, and everyone's a liar with an agenda

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey I'm just going with what I was told from the "experts" that Richards was measured in at 6'11 in stocking feet so he well could be pushing 7'1" in shoes.

As for Blair, he is 6'7 in shoes but when I said he was "6'5 in pumps" there was tongue in cheek there obviously. I know that may be confusing to you (the whole tongue in cheek thing) because you obviously went to the school of chumpdumper where everything is taken in a literal sense, and everyone's a liar with an agendaDefinitely not everyone. Just you most of the time.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Definitely not everyone. Just you most of the time.

You see what craziness I'm talking about? Textbook example right here. Pray tell, what's my agenda today? Or maybe is it that you don't like my opinions perhaps? Could that be possible?

yavozerb
06-06-2011, 02:37 PM

As for Blair, he is 6'7 in shoes but when I said he was "6'5 in pumps" I thought I was being rather obvious tongue in cheeky there. I know that may be confusing to you (the whole tongue in cheek thing) because you obviously went to the school of chumpdumper where everything is taken in a literal sense, and everyone's a liar with an agenda

Would you happen to be part Greek?

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 05:53 PM
You see what craziness I'm talking about? Textbook example right here. Pray tell, what's my agenda today? Or maybe is it that you don't like my opinions perhaps? Could that be possible?

:lolThe agenda is the same every day. That's why it's an agenda, genius.

JonNOKC
06-06-2011, 06:07 PM

well at least in practice he can go against Bonner which pretty much fits the above description

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 06:08 PM
well at least in practice he can go against Bonner which pretty much fits the above descriptionWas waiting for someone to try that tbh.

JonNOKC
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Was waiting for someone to try that tbh.

lol - couldn't help it - not a Bonner hater at all - just like to see him in a reduced role - but tbh outside of height he is probably not much tougher to score on - especially in a 1on1 setting

Solid D
06-06-2011, 10:53 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xWrdNJukFSY/TJDVwOlnZKI/AAAAAAAAAnA/1OCks_BqbmQ/s1600/Out+On+A+Limb.gif

Truth4sale$
06-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Richards should join the Euroleague because the D-league is NO COMPETITION for a big man. Most D-league talent is marginal at best and he would probably put up a bloated triple double and create over hype. The only true advantage playing stateside next year is to get a year with Duncan and maybe Duncan shows him just enough to create a servicable 1-2 big man combo with Tiago for the future. Although, Euroleague would still be better because he would experience the second best talent in the world.

edgar
06-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Im excited to see what this kid will bring to the Spurs!

Will he be another gem? Only time will tell.

ALVAREZ6
06-06-2011, 11:46 PM

No

Solid D
06-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Richards should join the Euroleague because the D-league is NO COMPETITION for a big man. Most D-league talent is marginal at best and he would probably put up a bloated triple double and create over hype. The only true advantage playing stateside next year is to get a year with Duncan and maybe Duncan shows him just enough to create a servicable 1-2 big man combo with Tiago for the future. Although, Euroleague would still be better because he would experience the second best talent in the world.

He would need to be under contract with a team good enough to qualify for the Euroleague season. I should say, a team that would even want to offer to pay him for a roster spot. Secondly, would he get any significant playing time in the highest level competition in Europe? At this stage of his development, I doubt it.

benefactor
06-07-2011, 05:29 AM
He would need to be under contract with a team good enough to qualify for the Euroleague season. I should say, a team that would even want to offer to pay him for a roster spot. Secondly, would he get any significant playing time in the highest level competition in Europe? At this stage of his development, I doubt it.
Couple all that with the fact that he has already been vocal about not wanting to stay overseas and I see no reason why he shouldn't just be brought over and placed in the DLeague. He's already said he's open to it as long as it gets him here.

Maddog
06-07-2011, 06:26 AM
For what it's worth
Richards measured 7' in bare feet with the Spurs recently
http://www.hoopsfix.com/2010/11/richards-now-a-legit-7-footer/

Blair in 09 measured a little over 6'5" not sure if he has grown since
Dejuan Blair 6' 5.25" 6' 6.5"

Hooks
06-07-2011, 07:48 AM
For what it's worth
Richards measured 7' in bare feet with the Spurs recently
http://www.hoopsfix.com/2010/11/richards-now-a-legit-7-footer/

Blair in 09 measured a little over 6'5" not sure if he has grown since
Dejuan Blair 6' 5.25" 6' 6.5"

Date:
November 15, 2010 7:36 am

Fuck, looks like I was right about his height and weight. He grew and inch and gained 17lbs in just 6 months, pretty crazy. He'll probably be listed as 7'1 now, every NBA player in the league has their height listed with their shoes on.

It's been 8 months since that article, he's probably in the 250-260 range now. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a beast in the NBA, I can't really think of another player with his mobility, handles and size. He should do well in the Spurs' system.

yavozerb
06-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Date:
November 15, 2010 7:36 am

Fuck, looks like I was right about his height and weight. He grew and inch and gained 17lbs in just 6 months, pretty crazy. He'll probably be listed as 7'1 now, every NBA player in the league has their height listed with their shoes on.

It's been 8 months since that article, he's probably in the 250-260 range now. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns into a beast in the NBA, I can't really think of another player with his mobility, handles and size. He should do well in the Spurs' system.

I would not get to exited about this part of his game until he plays against professional players..Most NBA players would have gotten a steal on that crossover that everyones going crazy over. Don't get me wrong, I too am excited about RR, but I think his skill level is much less than some think and could take 2-3 more years until he becomes a legit NBA player in my opinion..

TJastal
06-07-2011, 01:27 PM
I would not get to exited about this part of his game until he plays against professional players..Most NBA players would have gotten a steal on that crossover that everyones going crazy over. Don't get me wrong, I too am excited about RR, but I think his skill level is much less than some think and could take 2-3 more years until he becomes a legit NBA player in my opinion..

Another reason not to get excited: Gregg Popovich. It'll likely be 3 more years of Bonnerball before any other bigs not named Tim Duncan and Tiago Splitter get a shot at the rotation. Utterly infuriating to say the least...

But it appears he has some good bball IQ to go along with the rest of the package too... doesn't try to do anything too fancy point A to point B type player who has a very broad skillset.

ChumpDumper
06-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Another reason not to get excited: Gregg Popovich. It'll likely be 3 more years of Bonnerball before any other bigs not named Tim Duncan and Tiago Splitter get a shot at the rotation. Utterly infuriating to say the least...You really don't recognize what you do?

Could someone tell me which player went from playing in the Swiss B league to a rotation player in the NBA after taking off a full year due to injury?

You guys are getting way ahead of yourselves.

jjktkk
06-07-2011, 02:18 PM
You really don't recognize what you do?

Could someone tell me which player went from playing in the Swiss B league to a rotation player in the NBA after taking off a full year due to injury?

Tjastal just showing off his fantasy NBA GM skills.

BackHome
06-07-2011, 09:24 PM

That won't work anymore no good Euro team is going to invest time and money for a player they know will be leaving them in a year or two.

xellos88330
06-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Hope this kid is really 9' tall.

:D

dbestpro
06-08-2011, 08:51 AM
You really don't recognize what you do?

You may have to get use to hearing it cause if he does show it will be repeated every game he plays for the rest of his career.

Muser
06-08-2011, 09:04 AM
So the future of british basketball is gonna suck, no change there then.