PDA

View Full Version : Labricks is the best in NBA my ass!

jermaine
06-05-2011, 09:38 PM
This nigga is garbage. Everytime he touches the ball down the stretch It's a turn over. I can't stand that fool. And ole gay faggot ass Pippen came way to Dallas to see his lil boyfriend play. Labron is showing why he quit on Cleveland, he can't play in big games. Oooo we see who's team it is now.

pass1st
06-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Well, when he's hot he's the best in the NBA......temporarily. Same can be said about Kobe, Wade and Rose. They are all just inconsistent; consistency is what separates good players from the GOATs.

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 10:11 PM
"Labron", all I needed to see.

endrity
06-05-2011, 10:11 PM
It must pretty damn nice to take turns at taking over series. LBJ does it against Boston and Chicago, Wade against Dallas.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 10:12 PM
James is afraid of the Finals stage...we've got 7 games to confirm that

frodo
06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
refs just be fair this series and you see how many travellings nigga managed. lecrab just be a stat whore imho no different than his ex-teammate mo williams

frodo
06-05-2011, 10:14 PM
the past years refs just ignored him travelling imo, ###### should just retire from NBA right now and join the NFL where theres no travelling rule

ogait
06-05-2011, 10:19 PM
People were throwing Wade under the bus after he had a bad series against Chicago, now they're doing the same for Lebron.

Wade has the most favourable match up and therefore will dominate as he did against the Celtics. If Miami wins he probably gets the finals MVP, lets hope Dirk still has a word on that.

Reck
06-05-2011, 10:24 PM
So you missed the Boston/Chicago series then.

Go watch the reels pals.

dbreiden83080
06-05-2011, 10:25 PM
People are talking like he is having a bad finals. He is putting up like 20/8/5 a game on 50% shooting.. I thought he had a great game 1.. Wade is playing better for sure but Lebron was way better against the Bulls.. Heat should be up 3-0 here.. They need 2 more wins he is too good not to have one more big game.. It is after all about winning the title.. Not packing stat lines..

DAF86
06-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Well, when he's hot he's the best in the NBA......temporarily. Same can be said about Kobe, Wade and Rose. They are all just inconsistent; consistency is what separates good players from the GOATs.

That's actually why Lebron is the best player in the league, when he isn't shooting the ball well, he can help his team in all the other aspects of a basketball game in a way that nobody else can.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 10:26 PM
So you missed the Boston/Chicago series then.

Go watch the reels pals.

So he played well in the ECSF and ECF...we've seen that in past years as well.

Let's see him be alpha dog when a ring is on the line. Traveling, double-dribbling, and having Wade bail you out all game is not a good start.

DMC
06-05-2011, 10:28 PM
He doesn't need to be the alpha dog. He just needs to contribute and win the ring. How you or I see him individually should be secondary to how his team views him.

dbreiden83080
06-05-2011, 10:28 PM
People were throwing Wade under the bus after he had a bad series against Chicago, now they're doing the same for Lebron.

Wade has the most favourable match up and therefore will dominate as he did against the Celtics. If Miami wins he probably gets the finals MVP, lets hope Dirk still has a word on that.

Yes.. Lebron was awesome against the Bulls. He had 26/8/7 a game on over 50% and made tons of big shots..

dbreiden83080
06-05-2011, 10:31 PM

Let's see him be alpha dog when a ring is on the line. Traveling, double-dribbling, and having Wade bail you out all game is not a good start.

This is bullshit. Lebron is playing great D out there, rebounding and assisting and not forcing up bad shots.. If Jordan was playing with someone like Wade you'd see something similiair in that they would have to trade off being the man. It is the only way it would work. Pippen was never a great force on offense like Wade. Wade needs the ball, he is not a spot up shooter if you ignore that then he is uselss on O..

Reck
06-05-2011, 10:32 PM

That's the beauty of having other superstars teamates.

You dont have to be the hero all playoffs long. That's not gonna happen.

By your logic, Lebron bailed Wade out during the Chicago series, he pretty much won it on his own.

Now, if Lebron didn't do his thing then, they wouldn't be where they're at right now.

There's no I and team as they say.

dbreiden83080
06-05-2011, 10:34 PM
That's the beauty of having other superstars teamates.

You dont have to be the hero all playoffs long. That's not gonna happen.

By your logic, Lebron bailed Wade out during the Chicago series, he pretty much won it on his own.

Now, if Lebron didn't do his thing then, they wouldn't be where they're at right now.

There's no I and team as they say.

Lebron had a huge series against the Bulls who are a great defensive team.. Dallas is easier than the Bulls were.. They should be up 3-0 here... They just let the foot off the pedal in game 2..

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 10:34 PM
This is bullshit. Lebron is playing great D out there, rebounding and assisting and not forcing up bad shots.. If Jordan was playing with someone like Wade you'd see something similiair in that they would have to trade off being the man. It is the only way it would work. Pippen was never a great force on offense like Wade. Wade needs the ball, he is not a spot up shooter if you ignore that then he is uselss on O..

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

dbreiden83080
06-05-2011, 10:35 PM

He's shooting 50% from the field buddy..

JoeTait75
lecrab just be a stat whore imho no different than his ex-teammate mo williams

Whoa. Easy now.

joshdaboss

I'm not sure if you're watching the games, but he's getting the ball passed to him with 4 seconds on the shot clock. The ball has got to go up. LeBron has one of the highest, if not the highest, basketball IQ in the NBA.

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2011, 10:36 PM
:lol Lebron in the playoffs leads the Heat in virtually every category, advanced and regular, while being the best perimeter defender in the NBA..

Wade absolutely deserves Finals MVP though, he's a legend..:lol missing all-NBA 1st team over the most media-protected player of all-time..

Lebron, like Duncan in 2007, like KG in 2008, like Larry Bird, has deferred to the better match up for the better of the team..unlike 2004:s..

dbreiden83080
06-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Lebron had chances tonight to force it on the drive into traffic and he gave it up.. He's having a good finals..

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 10:38 PM
He's shooting 50% from the field buddy..

I guessed you missed the end of Game 2, as well as the 3 or 4 shitty treys he chucked up tonight.

Wade is the man, and he's proving it in the finals. LeBron is a great player, but he's 1B...this series has proven it thus far

dbreiden83080
:lol Lebron in the playoffs leads the Heat in virtually every category, advanced and regular, while being the best perimeter defender in the NBA..

Wade absolutely deserves Finals MVP though, he's a legend..:lol missing all-NBA 1st team over the most media-protected player of all-time..

Bottom line with these 2 guys in their primes together only injuries will stop them from winning a few of these..

:lobt:

frodo
bron just be used to his bitch-style of game imho, when the refs turn fair treating him like everyone else he feels cramped and plays bad supposedly

dbreiden83080
06-05-2011, 10:39 PM
I guessed you missed the end of Game 2, as well as the 3 or 4 shitty treys he chucked up tonight.

Wade is the man, and he's proving it in the finals. LeBron is a great player, but he's 1B...this series has proven it thus far

You missed the shot clock when he had it passed to him with no time left

What about when he drives into 4 defenders and does not force the shot? What about the D he is playing and his rebounding?

pass1st
06-05-2011, 10:40 PM
That's actually why Lebron is the best player in the league, when he isn't shooting the ball well, he can help his team in all the other aspects of a basketball game in a way that nobody else can.

Wade, Rose and Kobe have done that too. Point is that they are there for a strength, a role they have on the team, and filling in that role consistently is what separates the greats from the GOATs.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm not sure if you're watching the games, but he's getting the ball passed to him with 4 seconds on the shot clock. The ball has got to go up. LeBron has one of the highest, if not the highest, basketball IQ in the NBA.

I'm not sure you've watched his whole career if you're using that excuse. He's notorious for holding the ball at the top of the key till the last 5 seconds anyways, so what's the difference if he gets the pass with 4-5 secs on the clock?

People are just having a hard time accepting that LeBron will never be the man.

He's a great player who's about to win his first ring, shouldn't that be enough for you guys?

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Wade, Rose and Kobe have done that too. Point is that they are there for a strength, a role they have on the team, and filling in that role consistently is what separates the greats from the GOATs.

Kobe and Rose don't contribute on D, and they're both inefficient chuckers..

JoeTait75
06-05-2011, 10:42 PM
People are just having a hard time accepting that LeBron will never be the man.

Which is strange, because LeBron himself has accepted it. That's why he went to Miami, isn't it? So he wouldn't have to carry a team?

Nothing wrong with being uber-Pippen. Scottie Pippen was a hell of a player.

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2011, 10:43 PM
:lol DD's ass is leaking..he's reaching..his predictions were atrocious all year..

He was claiming the Celtics would kill Miami, during the off-season..

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 10:43 PM
You missed the shot clock when he had it passed to him with no time left

What about when he drives into 4 defenders and does not force the shot? What about the D he is playing and his rebounding?

Wade is playing excellent D as well, and he's far out-rebounding LeBron.

You're taking this too personal. LeBron is great, but when a ring's on the line give me the closer (Wade).

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Which is strange, because LeBron himself has accepted it. That's why he went to Miami, isn't it? So he wouldn't have to carry a team?

This is true

JamStone
06-05-2011, 10:46 PM
I think the Shaq analogy applies here. LeBron is the most dominant player in the league. But it's clear that "at times," he lacks an intangible to close. It's not all the time because he's had games in these playoffs and in past post seasons where he's closed. But something is missing sometimes. With Shaq it was all about the free throws. But with LeBron, it's like he's almost unsure of what to do. And with a guy like Wade by his side, it's almost easy to let Wade finish the game similar to the Lakers letting Kobe finish games.

Without LeBron, I don't think the Heat even get passed Boston. Wade is obviously having the better Finals. But I'm still on board believing LeBron is the better player.

DPG21920
06-05-2011, 10:47 PM
I think the Shaq analogy applies here. LeBron is the most dominant player in the league. But it's clear that "at times," he lacks an intangible to close. It's not all the time because he's had games in these playoffs and in past post seasons where he's closed. But something is missing sometimes. With Shaq it was all about the free throws. But with LeBron, it's like he's almost unsure of what to do. And with a guy like Wade by his side, it's almost easy to let Wade finish the game similar to the Lakers letting Kobe finish games.

Without LeBron, I don't think the Heat even get passed Boston. Wade is obviously having the better Finals. But I'm still on board believing LeBron is the better player.

This. Lebron may not be that transcendent player many thought he would be, but overall he is the best player and has been for a while.

JoeTait75
06-05-2011, 10:49 PM
LeBron is the most dominant player in the league. But it's clear that "at times," he lacks an intangible to close.

I don't know if it's that. I just don't think he has the go-to offensive move. That's why he can look so off-kilter in these big games against good defensive teams. He doesn't have that move he can always go back to. It's either kamakazi charges into the lane or hero-type jumpers. When he isn't getting calls and the jumpers aren't dropping he doesn't have anything to fall back on.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 10:49 PM
:lol DD's ass is leaking..he's reaching..his predictions were atrocious all year..

He was claiming the Celtics would kill Miami, during the off-season..

This has been Harlem's hardest night of the season. He'd rather the Heat lose than see LBJ miss out on Finals MVP:lol

Nice disclaimer: "in the offseason."

Son how bout you ask me for more betting advice. :rollin Just look at your profile page. It's time to tell the misses who really puts the food on the table in your household.

btw, you never sent me a pic of those earrings.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you, rook:lol

dbreiden83080
06-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Wade is having a great finals but these guys are both amazing players. For the playoffs in 18 games Wade is giving you 24/7/4 on 47%. Lebron 25/9/5 on 47%.. This is really Batman and Superman here..

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 10:53 PM
tbh if Miami goes up 3-1 we'll see LeBron dominate Game 5 cause there'll be no pressure.

These are things we know

endrity
06-05-2011, 10:54 PM
i don't know if it's that. I just don't think he has the go-to offensive move. That's why he can look so off-kilter in these big games against good defensive teams. He doesn't have that move he can always go back to. It's either kamakazi charges into the lane or hero-type jumpers. When he isn't getting calls and the jumpers aren't dropping he doesn't have anything to fall back on.

this!

JamStone
06-05-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't know if it's that. I just don't think he has the go-to offensive move. That's why he can look so off-kilter in these big games against good defensive teams. He doesn't have that move he can always go back to. It's either kamakazi charges into the lane or hero-type jumpers. When he isn't getting calls and the jumpers aren't dropping he doesn't have anything to fall back on.

That's an interesting take. Don't know if I completely agree, but it's insightful. I do think when teams come with a hard double on him in late game situations, he's too willing to go to a fade-away jumper.

It's almost crazy to think of LeBron using it as a go-to move, but it would be something to see him develop a floater. Teams are so used to him charging the rim like a bull that if he learned to touch to make that shot, it seems like it would be pretty effective. It's just funny thinking of a 6'8, 250 pound guy using the floater. Could be good for him though.

dbreiden83080
06-05-2011, 10:55 PM
This has been Harlem's hardest night of the season. He'd rather the Heat lose than see LBJ miss out on Finals MVP:lol

Nice disclaimer: "in the offseason."

Son how bout you ask me for more betting advice. :rollin Just look at your profile page. It's time to tell the misses who really puts the food on the table in your household.

btw, you never sent me a pic of those earrings.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you, rook:lol

Finals MVP's are really over-rated.. Tony won it in 2007 in an easy sweep of the cavs but who was the best player in the 07 playoffs? Timmy Duncan was 22 and 12 on 52% for the playoffs..

JoeTait75
06-05-2011, 10:56 PM
LeBron needs a post game and has for years.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Wade is having a great finals but these guys are both amazing players. For the playoffs in 18 games Wade is giving you 24/7/4 on 47%. Lebron 25/9/5 on 47%.. This is really Batman and Superman here..

I'll be the first to tell you that LeBron is having a great playoffs. He's been very underwhelming in the Finals though. Is LeBron even reaching regular season #'s in the finals? Sure, he's playing great defense, but so is Wade and neither of them are guarding Dirk, so don't fellate him for his D this series. It was deserved in the Chicago series, but he's just doing his part like Wade in the finals. They're both playing lockdown permiter D, playing the passing lanes, and Wade has actually been more active blocking it seems. Wade has also been a much better rebounder

HarlemHeat37
06-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Lebron is having one of the best playoffs of the post-Michael era..

At some point in his career, he'll need a dominant Finals series(all the greats, minus Kobe, have hallmark Finals series'), but for this series, he would be stupid to take over more than Wade..Wade has the best matchup and he's a Finals legend..

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Finals MVP's are really over-rated.. Tony won it in 2007 in an easy sweep of the cavs but who was the best player in the 07 playoffs? Timmy Duncan was 22 and 12 on 52% for the playoffs..

Actually, outside of 2007 and 2010, the Finals MVP has been correct for as long as I can remember...

06-05-2011, 11:03 PM
lebron haters are happy the heat won?

lebron still made some good plays even if his offensive rhythm has been off. he doesn't just continue chucking the ball randomly. e.g. finding bosh on the game winning points. lebron still finds a way to impact his team positively by playing defense and making plays.

as for finals mvp, i don't think lebron cares. he recognizes that d wade has the upper hand on the mavs and seems happy to reduce his shot attempts. he isn't going to pull a kobe like in 2003 and 2004.

DUNCANownsKOBE
We're only 3 games into the finals. These Lebron vs. Wade discussions are way too premature.

HarlemHeat37
Actually, outside of 2007 and 2010, the Finals MVP has been correct

Garnett was easily the best player in the '08 playoffs..

crc21209
06-05-2011, 11:04 PM
This nigga is garbage. Everytime he touches the ball down the stretch It's a turn over. I can't stand that fool. And ole gay faggot ass Pippen came way to Dallas to see his lil boyfriend play. Labron is showing why he quit on Cleveland, he can't play in big games. Oooo we see who's team it is now.

Cool story....

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Plus finals MVP makes people think dumb things....like Billups was the Pistons' alpha dog in 2004 when they didn't have an alpha dog.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2011, 11:07 PM
And yeah Parkers' 4 game stretch against maybe the worst team to ever make the finals led to him being grossly overrated and some people even being retarded saying he was the Spurs' MVP in 2007.

DMC
Plus finals MVP makes people think dumb things....like Billups was the Pistons' alpha dog in 2004 when they didn't have an alpha dog.
You really should consider letting the PG thing go.

DUNCANownsKOBE
You really should consider letting the PG thing go.
Why would I do that when the Heat are about to prove it right once again?

dbreiden83080
Actually, outside of 2007 and 2010, the Finals MVP has been correct for as long as I can remember...

I'm not saying they are wrong but they are over-rated. The Spurs toughest series in 07 was the Suns and Duncan dominated that series.. He was the best player for 3 rounds of the 4 played.. Finals were easy that year..

Nick Manning
Garnett was easily the best player in the '08 playoffs..

Finals MVP is not a Conn Smythe Trophy last I checked...

DMC
And yeah Parkers' 4 game stretch against maybe the worst team to ever make the finals led to him being grossly overrated and some people even being retarded saying he was the Spurs' MVP in 2007.

He has hardware to prove it. Steve Nash was the 2 time league MVP (b2b).

You are having a hard time hoeing this PG row.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm not saying they are wrong but they are over-rated. The Spurs toughest series in 07 was the Suns and Duncan dominated that series.. He was the best player for 3 rounds of the 4 played.. Finals were easy that year..

I thought Tim should've been MVP in 07 Finals as well, just as I thought Artest should've been Finals MVP last year.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Steve Nash was the 2 time league MVP (b2b).
MVP is a regular season award. I agree PGs are just as important as any other position during the regular season.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2011, 11:10 PM
In fact, if your goal is to dominate the regular season then lose in the playoffs, building your team around a PG is maybe the best possible way to accomplish said goal.

DMC
06-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Why would I do that when the Heat are about to prove it right once again?

How? If you put the best player from any three teams in the league onto the same team, you don't really need a strong PG.

Also, the heat acquired Mike Bibby for a reason.

A strong PG doesn't make a team weak. Your logic is incredibly flawed in suggesting it does, and you are once again relying on evidence that doesn't support your stance.

If Derrick Rose was at Dallas, do you think the Heat would beat Dallas? How about Steve Nash? Dallas has lost close games where a solid PG would have made a big difference.

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 11:11 PM

I think you're entirely misinterpreting what he meant by that. I also have to assume you're very bitter. What he meant was, he didn't want to be the only player on the team worth a damn. Constantly having to carry a lottery team to the best record in the league. He needed to be with players that could actually play.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 11:11 PM
If Duncan is not great in the 07 playoffs they don't make the finals.. Lebron carried the whole team against a better team in the Bulls in the ECF..

The Bulls aren't better than the Mavs...please stop drinking the regular season kool-aid.

Also look at who Chicago beat in the playoffs. Any team in the WC playoffs except NOH would've beaten ATL and IND like a redheaded stepchild

JoeTait75
06-05-2011, 11:12 PM
I also have to assume you're very bitter.

Well, you know what they say about assumptions.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2011, 11:13 PM
How? If you put the best player from any three teams in the league onto the same team, you don't really need a strong PG.
You also don't want a PG keeping the ball out of Wade and Lebron's hands.

Also, the heat acquired Mike Bibby for a reason.
:lmao that's your argument? A washed up Mike Bibby?

A strong PG doesn't make a team weak. Your logic is incredibly flawed in suggesting it does, and you are once again relying on evidence that doesn't support your stance.
The last 20 years support my stance. My stance is that you can't win a championship with a team built around a PG.

If Derrick Rose was at Dallas, do you think the Heat would beat Dallas?
Derrick Rose would be the Robin, but no I'd still take Miami.

pass1st
06-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Kobe and Rose don't contribute on D, and they're both inefficient chuckers..

:wakeup

dbreiden83080
The Bulls aren't better than the Mavs...please stop drinking the regular season kool-aid.

Also look at who Chicago beat in the playoffs. Any team in the WC playoffs except NOH would've beaten ATL and IND like a redheaded stepchild

Series is not over yet.. If Bron averages 25 a game on 50% does he really deserve to take shit in winning the :lobt:

joshdaboss
Well, you know what they say about assumptions.

What else is there to assume when you're saying the best player in the league, who carried the team on his back into the NBA finals(Wade played god awful in the Bulls series), and now is still playing excellent, can't be the man.

dbreiden83080
06-05-2011, 11:15 PM
You know Magic won 5 but was not finals MVP all 5 times.

Nick Manning
Derek Fisher
BJ Armstrong
Kenny Smith
Ron Harper
Jason white chocolate Williams
Avery Johnson

DMC
In fact, if your goal is to dominate the regular season then lose in the playoffs, building your team around a PG is maybe the best possible way to accomplish said goal.

That really makes no sense. The playoffs are just a series of games against regular season teams. The Spurs have proven that a solid PG does wonders for the team in the Finals. Detroit did the same thing. Your evidence against that is an absurdly stacked team like the Heat, the Lakers with Kobe and Shaq, and MJ/Pippen. Each of these teams had PGs, but those PGs didn't dominate the court like the top 5 in the league does.

Now you do have a point if you say money is better spent on other positions and leave the PG weaker as the PG doesn't normally rebound the ball or defend the paint.

redzero
06-05-2011, 11:17 PM
I would not want Rose taking shots away from Dirk. If he had a pass first mindset, he would fit in with Dirk, but he loves to chuck. I'm not saying Dallas wouldn't be better, but having Rose isn't necessarily the solution.

redzero
06-05-2011, 11:18 PM

I'd definitely take the Hornets over ATL and IND.

JoeTait75
06-05-2011, 11:18 PM
What else is there to assume when you're saying the best player in the league, who carried the team on his back into the NBA finals(Wade played god awful in the Bulls series), and now is still playing excellent, can't be the man.

He doesn't want to be the man. He has all but said as much, repeatedly.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Series is not over yet.. If Bron averages 25 a game on 50% does he really deserve to take shit in winning the :lobt:

LeBron is a great player, and the best regular season performer we've seen in years. He's had a great playoffs (reminiscent of 2007) as well. I see no reason to give him shit for finally winning, albeit as Robin. Winning is winning.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 11:20 PM
I'd definitely take the Hornets over ATL and IND.

Yeah, you're probably right tbh

DUNCANownsKOBE
Derek Fisher
BJ Armstrong
Kenny Smith
Ron Harper
Jason white chocolate Williams
Avery Johnson
:lmao

DAF86

Yet he's the player with most game winning shots since he got to the league.

DMC
06-05-2011, 11:21 PM
You also don't want a PG keeping the ball out of Wade and Lebron's hands.

You have to get it into their hands. When Lebron or Wade was bringing the ball up the court, no one had to meet them at the halfcourt. When they get set up and allow a PG to bring it up, there are two dangerous weapons that don't even have the ball yet and are in motion.

:lmao that's your argument? A washed up Mike Bibby?

Is that your best response, incredulity?

The Heat brought in Bibby for a reason. Maybe you should consider they could have stayed with what they had.

People called Kidd washed up as well.

The last 20 years support my stance. My stance is that you can't win a championship with a team built around a PG.

It depends on the team. If you put Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Howard with Derrick Rose, do you think you could win a championship?

Derrick Rose would be the Robin, but no I'd still take Miami.
The whole "robin" talk is stupid. You honestly do not think Rose makes a 5pt difference between these two teams? Seriously?

redzero
06-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Bibby has been terrible this post season. The Heat fucked up on that one.

JoeTait75
06-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Yet he's the player with most game winning shots since he got to the league.

LeBron didn't hit a buzzer-beating, end-of-game, winning shot until late in his third season, when he hit a jumper to beat Charlotte.

He didn't hit a buzzer-beating, end-of-game, winning shot to overcome a deficit until midway through his sixth season, when he hit a jumper to beat Golden State.

I'd like to see the definition of "game-winning shot" you're using.

DAF86
06-05-2011, 11:24 PM

He went to Miami so he wouldn't have to do it all by himself. He's the Heat best player and he proved it during the regular season and in these playoffs.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2011, 11:25 PM
That really makes no sense. The playoffs are just a series of games against regular season teams. The Spurs have proven that a solid PG does wonders for the team in the Finals. Detroit did the same thing. Your evidence against that is an absurdly stacked team like the Heat, the Lakers with Kobe and Shaq, and MJ/Pippen. Each of these teams had PGs, but those PGs didn't dominate the court like the top 5 in the league does.

Now you do have a point if you say money is better spent on other positions and leave the PG weaker as the PG doesn't normally rebound the ball or defend the paint.
In the regular season, Steve Nash can dribble the ball around in circles, and wait for a retarded team like the Clippers or Warriors to make some retarded defensive mistake, or wait for someone from the other team to not hustle and not fight hard through a screen since it's the regular season and no one is playing hard.

In the playoffs, against good defensive teams that are in win-now mode and are focused, PGs end up over dribbling because over a 7 game series teams start making adjustments and realize that teams built around a PG are like a snake, you cut off the head and the rest of the body stops functioning.

If you want a championship team with multiple scoring threats that can't get shut down by defensive adjustments, the only PG playing a major role will be a PG like Parker who was a scoring guard and didn't need the ball in his hands on every possession. A volume assist ball dominant PG can only play a major role on a championship team when he's a 6'9" freak like Magic who can also make a finals winning sky hook over two 7 footers.

DAF86
06-05-2011, 11:26 PM
LeBron didn't hit a buzzer-beating, end-of-game, winning shot until late in his third season, when he hit a jumper to beat Charlotte.

He didn't hit a buzzer-beating, end-of-game, winning shot to overcome a deficit until midway through his sixth season, when he hit a jumper to beat Golden State.

I'd like to see the definition of "game-winning shot" you're using.

I'm not using anything, I'm just recalling an Espn stat showed earlier this season.

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 11:28 PM
He doesn't want to be the man. He has all but said as much, repeatedly.

You have any quotes to back that up? I doubt it...

JoeTait75
06-05-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm not using anything, I'm just recalling an Espn stat showed earlier this season.

Well, whatever.

Look, I watched pretty much every game LeBron played his first seven years in the league. For the first 47 minutes and 50 seconds I'll take him over anyone.

For the last ten seconds, though, if I need someone to hit a shot to win the game, there are a bunch of guys I take over LeBron.

Great, great player. But I don't want to rely on him hitting a jump shot at the end of a game.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-05-2011, 11:30 PM
You have to get it into their hands. When Lebron or Wade was bringing the ball up the court, no one had to meet them at the halfcourt. When they get set up and allow a PG to bring it up, there are two dangerous weapons that don't even have the ball yet and are in motion.
Yeah, man it takes a great PG to bring the ball up and pass it to one of them. It's not like every fucking starting PG in the NBA can advance the ball up the court.

Is that your best response, incredulity?

The Heat brought in Bibby for a reason. Maybe you should consider they could have stayed with what they had.
Yeah, he's a good spot up shooter. That's the role PGs have had on most championship teams in recent years, spot up shooting.

It depends on the team. If you put Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Howard with Derrick Rose, do you think you could win a championship?
1) That team would never happen
2) Rose would be a role player on a team with Lebron, Wade and Howard.

The whole "robin" talk is stupid.
Not really. I said you can't build a championship team around a PG. The Mavs wouldn't be built around a PG even if they had Rose.

You honestly do not think Rose makes a 5pt difference between these two teams? Seriously?
Not much of one. The games would go down to the wire regardless, where the ball would be in Dirk's hands and Rose would be playing off ball. Crunch time in the playoffs is when PGs have the most minimal impact.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 11:30 PM
He went to Miami so he wouldn't have to do it all by himself. He's the Heat best player and he proved it during the regular season and in these playoffs.

He's been a clear #2 these Finals. In fact, Bosh had the GW shot and more points tonight, so maybe it's not a clear cut #2 afterall...

This is LeBron we're talking about here...The Chosen One. So far we're all witnesses to a Finals with sub-regular season statistics and poor 4th quarter decisions.

These are things we know.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 11:31 PM

So basically you've been talking out of your ass this entire time?

K thx.

DAF86
06-05-2011, 11:38 PM
He's been a clear #2 these Finals. In fact, Bosh had the GW shot and more points tonight, so maybe it's not a clear cut #2 afterall...

This is LeBron we're talking about here...The Chosen One. So far we're all witnesses to a Finals with sub-regular season statistics and poor 4th quarter decisions.

20 pts 51% Shooting, 6.7 rbs, 6 asss, 2.3 stls. Team up 2-1. He's playing well as always, he's just taking less shots (therefore scoring less) 'cause Wade is on fire right now, an that deserves props not criticism, imho.

DAF86
06-05-2011, 11:41 PM
So basically you've been talking out of your ass this entire time?

K thx.

Not the stat I saw ('cause is from a different time period) but I guess it helps to prove my point.

http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

Now shut the fuck up, thx.

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Not the stat I saw ('cause is from a different time period) but I guess it helps to prove my point.

The dagger.

JoeTait75
06-05-2011, 11:46 PM

So do you think he went to Miami, where there was an established "man" in place, the best player in the history of that franchise, a guy who carried a team that wasn't much better than LeBron's last two Cleveland teams to an NBA Championship, to be the man?

It isn't even a value judgement. If I was LeBron I'd have done the exact same thing.

But "the man" is the franchise player. LeBron is not the franchise player in Miami. Wade is. LeBron is a better all-around player, but Wade is the man down there.

redzero
06-05-2011, 11:46 PM

This is outdated.

On a side note, damn, Kobe. 1 assist and 5 turnovers?

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 11:48 PM

I'm not the one vehemently defending LBJ's honor with one ESPN graphic as the crux of my argument. Besides, all your nutriding won't hide the evidence we've seen in these first 3 games. Wade's the man, Wade's the closer. LeBron is a great 1B. No shame in that, I'm not sure why you think there is...

DAF86
06-05-2011, 11:49 PM
This is outdated.

Yeah, he has more now.

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 11:49 PM
So do you think he went to Miami, where there was an established "man" in place, the best player in the history of that franchise, a guy who carried a team that wasn't much better than LeBron's last two Cleveland teams to an NBA Championship, to be the man?

It isn't even a value judgement. If I was LeBron I'd have done the exact same thing.

But "the man" is the franchise player. LeBron is not the franchise player in Miami. Wade is. LeBron is a better all-around player, but Wade is the man down there.

LeBron is the better player right now and historically. Therefore, he is the man. I like that you couldn't find any quotes of LeBron saying he couldn't be the man, though.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 11:51 PM

oh, hi there.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but your opinion doesn't matter.

Sorry, I don't make the rules here.

TheMACHINE
06-05-2011, 11:51 PM
San Antonio Heat fans out in full force tonight.

JoeTait75
06-05-2011, 11:53 PM
I like that you couldn't find any quotes of LeBron saying he couldn't be the man, though.

I couldn't be bothered to look, actually.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 11:53 PM
I'd love to see the Finals stats between LeBron and Wade. If you want, add in 06 and 07.

LeBron is a transcendent talent. Wade is a transcendent clutch performer (on the greatest stage).

These are facts.

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 11:54 PM
oh, hi there.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but your opinion doesn't matter.

Sorry, I don't make the rules here.

I don't come with opinions, I come with facts.

Inconvenient truths.

Nick Manning
06-05-2011, 11:55 PM
LeBron's White Knights are out in full force tonight.

fify

TD 21
06-05-2011, 11:58 PM
Wade, at times, looks like the best player in the game and has since '06. But James is clearly the best player in the game overall. There's no credible argument to be made otherwise. Wade and Howard are the only players even close to being close. No one else merits mention, unless Paul regains full explosiveness in his knee.

And this is coming from someone who's never been a James fan. I've always found Wade to be a much more entertaining player. But unlike many, I give credit where credits due. I'll continue to give Bryant the edge historically, because of his longevity and accomplishments. But James' best is clearly superior to Bryant's, so it's only a matter of time before James surpasses him. James is right up there with Duncan and O'Neal as the best players in the post Jordan era.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Here's an analogy that's quite apropos for LeBron (Slim will appreciate this):

He's John Elway. An amazingly talented player known for shitting the bed at the most inopportune time, but also played without a whole lot of help. He teamed up with workhorse Terrell Davis (Wade) and together they made magic. When it came time to finally win a ring, he rode his horse to the title.

DAF86
06-06-2011, 12:17 AM
btw, Lebron +1, Wade -1 in this game.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 12:19 AM

There it is. After watching this game, this is your argument for LeBron. :lmao

Now do you understand why nobody takes you and the rest of the Lebruminati seriously?

redzero
06-06-2011, 12:21 AM
JCVD has a point. +/- is a no-no in this case.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm still trying to figure out wtf redzero's sig is/where it is from

DAF86
06-06-2011, 12:25 AM
There it is. After watching this game, this is your argument for LeBron. :lmao

Now do you understand why nobody takes you and the rest of the Lebruminati seriously?

I'm not saying anything, just stating a fact. If I had to choose a finals MVP right now I'd give it to Wade, Lebron remains the best player in the league though and the most important player for the Heat during this season and playoffs.

JamStone
06-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Lebron is having one of the best playoffs of the post-Michael era..

At some point in his career, he'll need a dominant Finals series(all the greats, minus Kobe, have hallmark Finals series'), but for this series, he would be stupid to take over more than Wade..Wade has the best matchup and he's a Finals legend..

Couple questions:

What's your definition of a "dominant Finals series?"

And if the Heat win and Wade continues to be the primary/dominant scorer and is the Finals MVP, does LeBron only get a "sidekick" share of the championship so he can't claim it really as the #1 guy?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Couple questions:

What's your definition of a "dominant Finals series?"

And if the Heat win and Wade continues to be the primary/dominant scorer and is the Finals MVP, does LeBron only get a "sidekick" share of the championship so he can't claim it really as the #1 guy?
Your hidden agenda behind this is obvious

lol forever a Kobefan for handing your team the 2004 finals

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 12:27 AM
I love how you scanned the boxscore and realized that was the only thing LeBron "finished" better in, +/- :rollin

Isitjustme?
06-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Here's an analogy that's quite apropos for LeBron (Slim will appreciate this):

He's John Elway. An amazingly talented player known for shitting the bed at the most inopportune time, but also played without a whole lot of help. He teamed up with workhorse Terrell Davis (Wade) and together they made magic. When it came time to finally win a ring, he rode his horse to the title.

Elway never shit the bed. His teams were just massively outmatched in those Super Bowls.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Terrell Davis was also one of the most overrated players of all time. The amount of talentless, undrafted/late round picks who have produced great numbers in Shanahan's system proves that.

06-06-2011, 12:31 AM
it's not like lebron is sucking ass in the series like wade during the boston and bulls series. lebron is still contributing, trying to have an efficient offensive game, making plays, getting assists, and letting wade take advantage of the mismatch he has against dallas. i too would go a wade v kidd matchup over a lebron v marion one.

again, i don't think lebron cares about being #1, he recognizes that the mavs can't stop wade unless they switch marion on him or something. no need to hog the ball and try to prove something. could lebron still win by hogging the ball? maybe. but lebron knows what needs to be done to ensure the maximum chance of winning.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 12:32 AM
Elway never shit the bed. His teams were just massively outmatched in those Super Bowls.

Dude, you can make that argument for the 49ers game (no doubt), and maybe even the Giants game. That Redskin one was pure chokage. They were heavy favorites, had a 10-0 lead, and were facing a one-hit-wonder QB.

To this day, Doug Williams is the only starting Black QB to win a SB. Elway also choked just prior to the SB win year, against Jacksonville. That was terrible.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Lebron would get credit in the same way that Duncan and Garnett got for their 2007 and 2008 titles..best player and best defender on the team, Wade had the best Finals..

My definition of a dominant Finals series is obvious..

Where is this going?(other than the obvious agenda)..

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Terrell Davis was also one of the most overrated players of all time. The amount of talentless, undrafted/late round picks who have produced great numbers in Shanahan's system proves that.

Terrell Davis (pre-injury) was ridiculous. Kubiak's OL's and zone-blocking schemes were great, but Gary, Anderson, et al didn't hold a candle to the beast that was TD.

His SB against the Packers was dominant, and the following season he rushed for over 2,000 yards. Then he got injured.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Clinton Portis had he stayed in Denver woulda put up HOF numbers (granted he is really talented). Davis in any other system is a 1,000-1,200 yard rusher.

Nick Manning
iirc, TD suffered that injury trying to prevent a Brian Griese pick-6 :lol

JamStone
Your hidden agenda behind this is obvious

lol forever a Kobefan for handing your team the 2004 finals

The agenda is obvious. It's not hidden.

When shots are taken, I'd at least like them to be backed up.

JamStone
06-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Lebron would get credit in the same way that Duncan and Garnett got for their 2007 and 2008 titles..best player and best defender on the team, Wade had the best Finals..

Obvious agenda. I'm not hiding it.

Instead of stating your definition is obvious. Could you clarify it for me. I don't know what your definition of a "dominant Finals" is. What is it?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 12:39 AM
The agenda is obvious. It's not hidden.

When shots are taken, I'd at least like them to be backed up.
Tbh your love for Kobe and his 2004 finals performance is pretty similar to Spurfan's love for Lebron being a :crygreat fuckin classy loser:cry in 2007.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 12:40 AM
I don't know what your definition of a "dominant Finals" is. What is it?
It means making more than 6 of the 24 shots you attempt in a finals game 7.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 12:40 AM

Would that be the same agenda you've been parading all year? You must be hitting the bottle pretty hard tonight, just be happy for him when he wins a ring, ok? :)

We can't all be closers. As JoeTait said, this is why he took his talents to South Beach.

JamStone
06-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Tbh your love for Kobe and his 2004 finals performance is pretty similar to Spurfan's love for Lebron being a :crygreat fuckin classy loser:cry in 2007.

Cool. It's not like this is a secret or the first time someone has mentioned it.

What's new?

JamStone
06-06-2011, 12:41 AM
It means making more than 6 of the 24 shots you attempt in a finals game 7.

Thanks. That's your definition.

I'd like HH's definition. The post was directed towards him.

DAF86
06-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Lakerfan fan should be pulling for Lebron to win finals MVP tbh, everybody knows he will surpass Kobe in the all-time list sooner or later, so they should be worrying about Wade not getting the accolades to pass him too, imho.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 12:44 AM
I'll take a stab at HarlemHeat's definition, IMO he's referring to a finals performance that will be looked back on as historically great (2000-2002 Shaq, 2006 Wade, 2003 Duncan, etc.). Stuff like 2007 Parker, 2008 Pierce, and 2009 Kobe will be looked back on as good finals performances but not historically great.

2010 Kobe is a disgrace to the finals MVP award

TD 21
06-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Speaking of Finals MVP, will Wade actually be awarded it, if he's as deserving then as he is to this point? I suspect they'll be an obligation to give it to James, because he's the best player and he's in his prime.

Finals MVP is foolish. This is the rare instance where the NBA should take a cue from the NHL and change it to "playoffs MVP" (NHL actually calls it the Conn Smythe trophy, but it encompasses the entirety of the playoffs).

Everyone knows Duncan was the best player in the '07 playoffs. Parker had far and away the best match-up (Hughes, on a bad ankle, attempting to guard him the first two games), so the Spurs milked that en route to a sweep. So Duncan was essentially penalized for being unselfish.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Lakerfan fan should be pulling for Lebron to win finals MVP tbh, everybody knows he will surpass Kobe in the all-time list sooner or later, so they should be worrying about Wade not getting the accolades to pass him too, imho.

What does it say when non-laker fans are throwing Kobe's name around in a discussion, unprovoked?

I think it shows you're a little too worried about Bean's hardware.

I'm not the one who brought him up, you did.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 12:47 AM
What does it say when non-laker fans are throwing Kobe's name around in a discussion, unprovoked?

I think it shows you're a little too worried about Bean's hardware.

I'm not the one who brought him up, you did.
Jamstone actually did with the agenda he admitted was obvious

DAF86
06-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Just saying.

joshdaboss
Speaking of Finals MVP, will Wade actually be awarded it, if he's as deserving then as he is to this point? I suspect they'll be an obligation to give it to James, because he's the best player and he's in his prime.

Finals MVP is foolish. This is the rare instance where the NBA should take a cue from the NHL and change it to "playoffs MVP" (NHL actually calls it the Conn Smythe trophy, but it encompasses the entirety of the playoffs).

Everyone knows Duncan was the best player in the '07 playoffs. He should have won it, but he was unselfish. Parker had far and away the best match-up (Hughes, on a bad ankle, attempting to guard him the first two games), so the Spurs milked that en route to a sweep.

Duncan should have won it regardless. There is more to basketball than just scoring, that's a Kobefan mindset. Parker is a huge defensive liability. Duncan was the anchor on both ends.

Cry Havoc
I'll take a stab at HarlemHeat's definition, IMO he's referring to a finals performance that will be looked back on as historically great (2000-2002 Shaq, 2006 Wade, 2003 Duncan, etc.). Stuff like 2007 Parker, 2008 Pierce, and 2009 Kobe will be looked back on as good finals performances but not historically great.

2010 Kobe is a disgrace to the finals MVP award

Good take. Transcendent finals performances are remembered almost as much as an individual accomplishment as the team winning the title.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 12:50 AM
And who knows if Lebron really cares about where he ranks all time. You're lying to yourself if you wouldn't trade your life for his. If he's happy sharing the spotlight with D-Wade and being able to half ass it during the regular season, so be it.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 12:51 AM

Just saying.

You should probably stop now.

TD 21
06-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Duncan should have won it regardless. There is more to basketball than just scoring, that's a Kobefan mindset. Parker is a huge defensive liability. Duncan was the anchor on both ends.

I agree (other than calling Parker a "huge defensive liability"; I wouldn't go that far). But scoring is most often rewarded first and foremost, so I at least understood the argument for Parker winning it. But had they taken the entirety of the playoffs into account, it wouldn't have even been a debate.

The same thing is happening this season. To this point, Wade is the Finals MVP. But if the entirely of the playoffs is taken into account, James would be.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 12:53 AM
The 2007 finals MVP was just a meaningless award regardless.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 12:54 AM
And who knows if Lebron really cares about where he ranks all time. You're lying to yourself if you wouldn't trade your life for his. If he's happy sharing the spotlight with D-Wade and being able to half ass it during the regular season, so be it.

We're not talking about him making millions, fucking bitches, and enjoying the Florida sun. Anybody would love these things. This is about unabashed LeBron White Knights who are upset that Wade is about to win Finals MVP.

LeBron is great, and he will finally ring. The fact that Wade is winning the finals for the Heat shouldn't detract from that.

DAF86
06-06-2011, 12:55 AM
You should probably stop now.

Why? I'm not the one saying that the best player in the world is a 1b player on his team.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 12:57 AM
Why? I'm not the one saying that the best player in the world is a 1b player on his team.

1A players pick their games up for the finals and are closers.

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 01:00 AM

lol @ trolling/insanely raged LeBron is about to get a ring

Cry Havoc
06-06-2011, 01:01 AM
Would that be the same agenda you've been parading all year? You must be hitting the bottle pretty hard tonight, just be happy for him when he wins a ring, ok? :)

We can't all be closers. As JoeTait said, this is why he took his talents to South Beach.

Fun Fact: Wade with scoring and assists created 14 points in the second half for Miami. LeBron created 23 points in the second half.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 01:04 AM
lol @ trolling/insanely raged LeBron is about to get a ring

You missed your bus.

Tonight was great because I knew the LeBruminati would be out in full force defending their hero from Robin-like Finals performances. You were ripe for the trolling, and this thread proves it.

Your bus is leaving, again.

DAF86
06-06-2011, 01:06 AM

No, 1A players can also shoot 40% in the finals. THESE are the things we know, specially Lakers fans.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Fun Fact: Wade with scoring and assists created 14 points in the second half for Miami. LeBron created 23 points in the second half.

You're doing more harm than good with those stats and you don't even realize it. When you post shit like that, it makes one think you didn't watch the game. The same game where Wade was clutch and LeBron was traveling, double-dribbling, and chucking off-balance treys. This of course isn't the case...we all know you saw the game because we all witnessed your epic meltdown in the game thread

Fun fact:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177168

Go kick rocks.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 01:11 AM
No, 1A players can also shoot 40% in the finals. THESE are the things we know, specially Lakers fans.

Once again Spur fan brings up Kobe unprovoked...

Horrible comparison, just absolutely deplorable.
The Lakers didn't have a 1A, 1B scorer. Kobe was the obvious first option (for better or worse).

You're wrong, and you're a foreigner. Tough day for you.

Cry Havoc
06-06-2011, 01:12 AM
You're doing more harm than good with those stats and you don't even realize it. When you post shit like that, it makes one think you didn't watch the game.

Yeah, because as we all know, stats don't matter when your butthurt has reached such high levels. :lol

The same game where Wade was clutch and LeBron was traveling, double-dribbling, and chucking off-balance treys. This of course isn't the case...we all know you saw the game because we all witnessed your epic meltdown in the game thread

9 assists means nothing. Great defense all game long means nothing. Right.

Fun fact:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177168

Go kick rocks.

When you have to resort to threads that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, it calls into question your ability to support your argument clearly. :lol Good effort though.

ElNono
06-06-2011, 01:14 AM
Lebron is just warming up to the real closeout games, tbh.

He's letting Wade, Chalmers and Ugly face do their thing in these meaningless games, and he'll just take over when it matters, snatching the Finals MVP from the jaws of defeat.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Yeah, because as we all know, stats don't matter when your butthurt has reached such high levels. :lol

9 assists means nothing. Great defense all game long means nothing. Right.

When you have to resort to threads that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, it calls into question your ability to support your argument clearly. :lol Good effort though.

I've split your asshole wide-open on these forums on numerous occasions, would you like me to post your gems from the game thread to find out who's butthurt? Didn't think so, son. Go grab your g/f to fight this battle, she's the one with the nuts :lol

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 01:18 AM
btw CH, thx for proving my point about the LeBron white knights...even when you think you've got a sick burn you still end up stepping in it. :lol

Cry Havoc
06-06-2011, 01:18 AM
I've split your asshole wide-open on these forums on numerous occasions

Yes, hmmm, which troll was that you were hiding under at that point? Takes a real internet tough guy to make multiple accounts on a basketball forum to make personal attacks on other people. :lol Does it make you feel like an alpha male to flaunt your internet dick?

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 01:20 AM
Yes, hmmm, which troll was that you were hiding under at that point? Takes a real internet tough guy to make multiple accounts on a basketball forum to make personal attacks on other people. :lol Does it make you feel like an alpha male to flaunt your internet dick?

It takes a real internet tough guy to call upon your girlfriend to help you fight off koriwhat.

Cry Havoc
06-06-2011, 01:20 AM
btw CH, thx for proving my point about the LeBron white knights...

How fortunate the NBA forum is to have you, the messiah of objectivity, to save us all from the perils of their posting. In no way does it mean anything that you are still here arguing with them. :lol

Cry Havoc
06-06-2011, 01:21 AM
It takes a real internet tough guy to call upon your girlfriend to help you fight off koriwhat.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 01:22 AM

Yeah, I'd quit now too if I were you. :lol

Cry Havoc
06-06-2011, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I'd quit now too if I were you. :lol

Oh yes. Wouldn't want to piss off an internet tough guy. You're so scary! :lmao Do you think trolling a forum makes you a bad ass?

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 01:27 AM
How fortunate the NBA forum is to have you, the messiah of objectivity, to save us all from the perils of their posting. In no way does it mean anything that you are still here arguing with them. :lol

You're so easy to make fun of, I can't pass it up. If it isn't your uterine cramps acting up in the Game Thread, then it's the 2 plus years of coagulated LeBron semen in your anal cavity that's obviously caused a bowel obstruction and forced the shit out your mouth.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Oh yes. Wouldn't want to piss off an internet tough guy. You're so scary! :lmao Do you think trolling a forum makes you a bad ass?

Calling the misses for help in the geek forum against the court jester makes you more of a bad-ass, tbh. I can't touch that.

Cry Havoc
06-06-2011, 01:32 AM
Calling the misses for help in the geek forum against the court jester makes you more of a bad-ass, tbh. I can't touch that.

It's almost as badass as hiding behind 15+ troll accounts. :lmao Good night now, troll. :lol

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 01:38 AM
It's almost as badass as hiding behind 15+ troll accounts. :lmao Good night now, troll. :lol

No, just 2, or is it 3? 4? 20? 112?

Give the misses my love, and if money's tight gimme a call. I look out for all the honies on ST, just ask Harlem's girl. She's well provided for thanks to my generosity.

ogait
06-06-2011, 08:17 AM
it's not like lebron is sucking ass in the series like wade during the boston and bulls series. lebron is still contributing, trying to have an efficient offensive game, making plays, getting assists, and letting wade take advantage of the mismatch he has against dallas. i too would go a wade v kidd matchup over a lebron v marion one.

again, i don't think lebron cares about being #1, he recognizes that the mavs can't stop wade unless they switch marion on him or something. no need to hog the ball and try to prove something. could lebron still win by hogging the ball? maybe. but lebron knows what needs to be done to ensure the maximum chance of winning.

have you watched the Boston series?

ogait
06-06-2011, 09:01 AM

Everyone knows Duncan was the best player in the '07 playoffs. Parker had far and away the best match-up (Hughes, on a bad ankle, attempting to guard him the first two games), so the Spurs milked that en route to a sweep. So Duncan was essentially penalized for being unselfish.

If the rest of the series continues as it has so far Wade will get it. I think your point about it being awarded to the "best" player doesn't applies.

Sometimes status can be a part of the decision but not this time because Wade is also a superstar in this league, he is the leader of the team, he clearly is Miami's fans favourite, and James still has that image caused by "the decision" which will possibly make a better story for the media if Wade gets it instead of him.

But hold you horses these finals are not over yet.

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 09:29 AM
People are talking like he is having a bad finals. He is putting up like 20/8/5 a game on 50% shooting.. I thought he had a great game 1.. Wade is playing better for sure but Lebron was way better against the Bulls.. Heat should be up 3-0 here.. They need 2 more wins he is too good not to have one more big game.. It is after all about winning the title.. Not packing stat lines..

I agree the ring is all that matters. Many NBA stars have had "uneven" Finals performances. He is the best all-around player and one of the most well-rounded of all-time. In the end, they will say he won 1,2,3 rings not quote his statline ...

however this performance will NOT get him in the MJ conversation. Heck, right now he is not in the Wade conversation ...but series far from over he puts up 2 monster games he may get Finals MVP (which doesnt really matter Parker got one even though tim was the better player ...or co MVP ...

JoeTait75
06-06-2011, 10:52 AM
however this performance will NOT get him in the MJ conversation.

LeBron's days of being in the MJ conversation were over before this series began.

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 11:00 AM
LeBron's days of being in the MJ conversation were over before this series began.

Figures why this is such a sage opine.

He's from the best location in the nation.

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 12:05 PM

You are probably right Tait, but Pippen, Mike Greenberg and others were of a different opinion. I was still reserving judgment, still am holding out hope ... but it doesn't look good.

Bill_Brasky
06-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Did people already forget about Boston/Chicago? He's just deferring to Wade, the better matchup.....I personally think LeBron is the best in the league right now and the fact that we're saying a 17/9 game on 42% shooting(a game that his team won) is a BAD game for him should be an indicator of that....

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Did people already forget about Boston/Chicago? He's just deferring to Wade, the better matchup.....I personally think LeBron is the best in the league right now and the fact that we're saying a 17/9 game on 42% shooting(a game that his team won) is a BAD game for him should be an indicator of that....

Finally, someone with an opinion that isn't blinded by hate. LOLKOME LOLNORINGSKI

Wildcat67
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Are we talking about the same guy that has only given up 2 baskets in the 4th the entire finals? The guy with 4 assists (including the game winner) in the 4th quarter last game?

Are we really gonna critizize a guy for not being a chucker? I know the media loves guys that go 14/34 for 35 pts, but really that's not playing well. I'd take 20pts on 16 FG attempts and 8 assists and lockdown defense over 35 pts on 40% shooting, but dumbass fans are scoring whores and don't know what they're watching.

Lebron COULD score 40 any time he wants, but he's playing high IQ basketball and doing THE RIGHT THING. I guess people want to knock a guy for choosing winning over money, popularity, and ego. But I don't get it.

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Are we talking about the same guy that has only given up 2 baskets in the 4th the entire finals? The guy with 4 assists (including the game winner) in the 4th quarter last game?

Are we really gonna critizize a guy for not being a chucker? I know the media loves guys that go 14/34 for 35 pts, but really that's not playing well. I'd take 20pts on 16 FG attempts and 8 assists and lockdown defense over 35 pts on 40% shooting, but dumbass fans are scoring whores and don't know what they're watching.

Lebron COULD score 40 any time he wants, but he's playing high IQ basketball and doing THE RIGHT THING. I guess people want to knock a guy for choosing winning over money, popularity, and ego. But I don't get it.

The goods/absolute style.

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 05:32 PM

1. Lebron COULD score 40 any time he wants, 2. but he's playing high IQ basketball and doing THE RIGHT THING. I guess people want to knock a guy for choosing winning over money, popularity, and ego. But I don't get it.

1. I agree he should be able to score 40 anytime he wants but disagree that could anytime he wants ...people act like scoring 40 is easy and just a matter of will even MJ had to "work" for 40 ...

2. Most are NOT knocking him, at least I am not I just want more. I felt the same about Shaq. It's not about scoring necessarily ... it's more about seizing the moment the way Wade has so far ...

JoeTait75
06-06-2011, 05:46 PM
I felt the same about Shaq.

The Shaq analogies are right on, IMO.

Just like Shaq in his prime, LeBron is the most physically dominant player in the NBA. Just like Shaq, LeBron is going to win multiple rings as the top player on the league's dominant team.

But just like Shaq, LeBron is going to leave people wanting more. There's always going to be a feeling that LeBron left just a little on the table.

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 06:02 PM
The Shaq analogies are right on, IMO.

Just like Shaq in his prime, LeBron is the most physically dominant player in the NBA. Just like Shaq, LeBron is going to win multiple rings as the top player on the league's dominant team.

But just like Shaq, LeBron is going to leave people wanting more. There's always going to be a feeling that LeBron left just a little on the table.

Great follow up, Tait. But the thing is though shaq was a Laker I actually prefer Lebron a bit more BECUASE at least he is dedicated to staying in shape and has improved his game every year ...sure, maybe after he rings he could get fat and injury prone like Shaq, but I dont think so.

I freely admit I am too hard on both. But because these are the most amazing physical "freaks" the NBa has ever seen. Shaq had incredible quickness for his size ...and lebron's size/speed ratio is off the charts.You want more because you imagine what Duncan or Kobe could of accomplished if they had been blessed with THOSE gifts ...