PDA

View Full Version : What a mockery

Reck
06-05-2011, 09:50 PM
By those refs..

Home cooking anyone?

I dont really care who wins these finals but as an unbiased watcher I just gotta say this game was unwatchable due to these refs with pretty obvious calls against the Heat.

Heat were lucky to win. My hat's off to them for shoving this win up these Texans throat.

JayTheClown
06-05-2011, 09:52 PM
your an ass

silverblk mystix
06-05-2011, 09:53 PM
co-sign..

JayTheClown
06-05-2011, 09:53 PM
all of you are asses

Reck
06-05-2011, 09:54 PM
your an ass

Get yer butthurt outta here pussy.

JayTheClown
06-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Get yer butthurt outta here pussy.

fuck you cunt

Fabbs
06-05-2011, 09:58 PM
tri sign

pass1st
06-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Forum meltdown haha

Giuseppe
06-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Only pussys & assholes use troll accounts & bitch about the officiating.

DPG21920
06-05-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm not a troll and the game was ruined by the refs IMO.

baseline bum
06-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Dirk should have grabbed his eye tbh

Giuseppe
06-05-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm not a troll and the game was ruined by the refs IMO.

Ya asshole.

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 10:04 PM
This was obvious as hell to me. James was getting hammered all night long, meanwhile Dallas is parading to the free throw line off of complete phantom calls. Amazing they won that game playing 8 on 5.

ballhog
06-05-2011, 10:05 PM
By those refs..

Home cooking anyone?

I dont really care who wins these finals but as an unbiased watcher I just gotta say this game was unwatchable due to these refs with pretty obvious calls against the Heat.

Heat were lucky to win. My hat's off to them for shoving this win up these Texans throat.

Sure sounds like you care.

TJastal
06-05-2011, 10:09 PM
OP u didn't watch the game apparently.

What calls did the refs "give" Dallas? The heat got caught all night long on loose ball fouls (shoves in the back) and they deserved every single call against em. Bout time the refs cleaned up the thuggery. But at the same time the refs were calling it both ways. Mahinmi fouled out in 7 minutes for a lot less contact than miami was getting away with.

Oh, and didn't the refs help the heat by not calling that backcourt violation on (I think) Chalmer's 3 pointer from halfcourt right before half. Foot was clearly on the line when he caught the pass.

Game would have been tied heading into half if that call is made. This thread = fail.

Reck
06-05-2011, 10:12 PM

Umm, unlike you I dont use other names to post under.

BoricuaCJA
06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm not a big fan of any of the teams but I strongly dislike the Heat and want them to lose. Now with that said, those calls were terrible, making it almost unbearable. The Mavs were getting every call, Miami got the short end of the stick from the refs. From how this game was going without the fouls, the Heat should of won in ease.

I really just want a fair called game and let them JUST PLAY!

Reck
06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Sure sounds like you care.

Sure I care, for equality. Something that was severely lacking in this game.

Reck
06-05-2011, 10:14 PM
OP u didn't watch the game apparently.

What calls did the refs "give" Dallas? The heat got caught all night long on loose ball fouls (shoves in the back) and they deserved every single call against em. Bout time the refs cleaned up the thuggery. But at the same time the refs were calling it both ways. Mahinmi fouled out in 7 minutes for a lot less contact than miami was getting away with.

Oh, and didn't the refs help the heat by not calling that backcourt violation on (I think) Chalmer's 3 pointer from halfcourt right before half. Foot was clearly on the line when he caught the pass.

Game would have been tied heading into half if that call is made. This thread = fail.

Wut?

You wanted the Mavs to win didn't you? :lol

Get those blinders off.

koriwhat
06-05-2011, 10:20 PM
the refs were just trying to control the speed of the game... miami is on the run and what do you know, a string of loose ball fouls and what not is called against them. that happened at least 3 times as well as that bs spilt drink on the floor that also cooled off the dynamic duo + heat's offense.

DMC
06-05-2011, 10:21 PM

And you are a dick, and pussies hate dicks because dicks fuck pussies, but dicks also fuck assholes.

Giuseppe
06-05-2011, 10:23 PM
And you are a dick, and pussies hate dicks because dicks fuck pussies, but dicks also fuck assholes.

I thought Kori was wrong to boot your stinkin' ass. But, she was justified, and I'm gonna talk to her nephew DPG about getting you re-kicked, you SOB, you.

Stalin
06-05-2011, 10:24 PM
there were at least 6 touch fouls against the heat

Thompson
06-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Was it that bad all game? I only saw the 4th quarter, and dang.

I remembered another reason I want Dallas to lose (in addition to Terry): I hate how Dirk just has to flail his gangly arms and the refs call a foul, regardless of whether or not anyone even touched him.

TJastal
06-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Wut?

You wanted the Mavs to win didn't you? :lol

Get those blinders off.

I did want the mavs to win but I can still view the game objectively, unlike you.

Reck
06-05-2011, 10:40 PM
I did want the mavs to win but I can still view the game objectively, unlike you.

Dude, look around. I'm not the only one who saw this debauchary.

If someone other then me saw the obvious then what are you doing trying to argue with me about the refs not making horrible fucking calls.

TJastal
06-05-2011, 10:41 PM
there were at least 6 touch fouls against the heat

Problem is, when you "touch" a guy in the back, causing him to lurch forward so you can get a rebound that would have been his, its a foul. I say it's about time the refs are calling these types of fouls IMO. The lakers (and Lamar Odom especially) used to get away with murder out there pushing guys in the back.

TJastal
06-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Dude, look around. I'm not the only one who saw this debauchary.

If someone other then me saw the obvious then what are you doing trying to argue with me about the refs not making horrible fucking calls.

I could care less how many idiots agree with you. I saw the game and I know the refs did a good job keeping the heat's thuggery in check. It's about time they put an end to that shit. You can't shove guys in the back and slap guys in the arm going for the ball (like Lebron did to Dirk). Even Van Gundy & Jackson had to reluctantly agree these were the right calls.

Why don't you intelligently attempt to name all these "horrible fucking calls" you claim happened instead of crying like a 2 year old.

Thompson
06-05-2011, 10:57 PM
What about the call in the 4th quarter where the Heat missed a shot, a Heat player (I think Haslem) and Dirk went up for the rebound (neither pushed the other, they were going for the same ball), and the refs called Haslem for his 4th foul, sending Dirk to the line?

Van Gundy said something like 'I don't see any foul there' during the replay.

TJastal
06-05-2011, 10:58 PM
The biggest blown call by far was that obvious missed backcourt violation that cost the mavs a 3 pointer right before half, which would have left it tied at half.

That might have cost the mavs the game seeing as it seemed to give the heat a huge boost to start the 3rd quarter where they pushed the lead to double digits which the mavs never quite recovered from.

If anyone has a legitimate gripe about the calls, its the mavs.

Reck
06-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Ok I'm done.

You're like a child. In denial even with the prove in front of your eyes.

And lol mentioning Van Gundy.

The most idiotic broadcaster the NBA has ever had.

Instead of calling games he's out there criticking how the fans shouldn't have drinks and how the players shouldn't do this or that. Fuck outta here.

I dont have to attempt shit naming the fouls. Just watch the game you dumbass.

TJastal
06-05-2011, 11:00 PM
What about the call in the 4th quarter where the Heat missed a shot, a Heat player (I think Haslem) and Dirk went up for the rebound (neither pushed the other, they were going for the same ball), and the refs called Haslem for his 4th foul, sending Dirk to the line?

Van Gundy said something like 'I don't see any foul there' during the replay.

No way did Van Gundy say that. IIRC he agreed it was the right call (or Jackson or Breen did).

And Haslem clearly pushed him in the back, as the replays showed.

TJastal
06-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Ok I'm done.

You're like a child. In denial even with the prove in front of your eyes.

Instead of calling games he's out there criticking how the fans shouldn't have drinks and how the players shouldn't do this or that. Fuck outta here.

I dont have to attempt shit naming the fouls. Just watch the game you dumbass.

Like I said this thread = fail and thanks for making my point.

Reck
06-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Like I said this thread = fail and thanks for making my point.

Apparently not.

Thread has generated 2 pages (Agreeing with the fact) and you seen to keep posting so thread=success.

I really dont think English is your first language seen as how you're having a tough time recognizing the very obvious.

Giuseppe
06-05-2011, 11:06 PM

Shadow is dead on here. Van Gundy is reprehensible.

Bully, Shadow. Bully for you.:toast

TD 21
06-05-2011, 11:12 PM
No question, the refs were desperately trying to hand the game to the Mavs. I don't know whether it was Crawford trying to dispel the notion that he has a bias against the Mavs or them just trying to create suspense and drama by stretching the series out. But their intention was clear.

Giuseppe
06-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Remember that time Crawford called Duncan a sissy, and inferred that Duncan played for the pink team?

I felt bad because I was pullin' for the Spurs back then.

TJastal
06-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Apparently not.

Thread has generated 2 pages (Agreeing with the fact) and you seen to keep posting so thread=success.

I really dont think English is your first language seen as how you're having a tough time recognizing the very obvious.

Well if it makes you feel better about your "rightness" to have 2 pages of idiots agreeing with you go right ahead.

I've yet to see one example from either you or any of your supporters of a blown call that went against Miami, yet I've pointed out a horrible blown call which in all likelihood cost the mavs the game.

TJastal
06-05-2011, 11:20 PM
No question, the refs were desperately trying to hand the game to the Mavs. I don't know whether it was Crawford trying to dispel the notion that he has a bias against the Mavs or them just trying to create suspense and drama by stretching the series out. But their intention was clear.

The calls were legit. The heat were thuggin' all night long, which is how they beat the mavs in '06. Haslem & O'Neal got away with murder in '06.

Thankfully the refs stepped in and forced the heat to actually win the game legitimately. Which they did.

Thompson
06-05-2011, 11:36 PM
The highlight film is showing Kidd poking Bosh in the eye (where Bosh falls to the ground) and it doesn't appear they called a foul. There's another one.

As far as Haslem pushing Dirk in the back, the replay clearly showed two guys going for the same ball; neither one pushed the other.

bulletedge
06-05-2011, 11:38 PM
The Mavs got most of the calls tonight & still couldn't win. Refs in the NBA are largely a joke most of the time anyway, i.e. "home court advantage", "make up calls", "superstar" calls, etc.

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 11:39 PM
The highlight film is showing Kidd poking Bosh in the eye (where Bosh falls to the ground) and it doesn't appear they called a foul. There's another one.

As far as Haslem pushing Dirk in the back, the replay clearly showed two guys going for the same ball; neither one pushed the other.

Not only that, but LeBron was getting hammered all night with no call. I especially liked the one where Marion landed on top of him and no foul was called as he went into his shot. I haven't seen a blown call that obvious since Derek Fisher rode Brent Barry like a horse to end the Spurs title run.

DMC
06-05-2011, 11:50 PM
I thought Kori was wrong to boot your stinkin' ass. But, she was justified, and I'm gonna talk to her nephew DPG about getting you re-kicked, you SOB, you.

LOL@Justified.

TJastal
06-05-2011, 11:50 PM

I don't know about the "poke in the eye" but I would be highly skeptical of anything involoving Bosh, who you should be well aware by now (if you read this forum on any regular basis) is a great actor.

So anyway I took time to fast forward to the Haslem shove and re-watched it to be sure it was a foul and yes I can say with no doubt Haslem clearly pushed him in the back.

On the replay Mark Jackson says, "Certainly the extension of the hand by Udonis Haslem, but a great selling job by Dirk Nowitszki."

So either you are thinking of some other play or just have a poor memory.

And for some reason the refs sent Ian Mahinmi to the free throw line instead of Dirk which is a mystery in and of itself.

Thompson
06-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Not only that, but LeBron was getting hammered all night with no call. I especially liked the one where Marion landed on top of him and no foul was called as he went into his shot. I haven't seen a blown call that obvious since Derek Fisher rode Brent Barry like a horse to end the Spurs title run.

That was another one, I forgot that one. At the time, all I could think of was if that was Dirk, there's no way they don't call it. I was kind of surprised they didn't call it for LeBron, you'd expect him to get the superstar treatment.

Thompson
06-05-2011, 11:53 PM
I don't know about the "poke in the eye" but I would be highly skeptical of anything involoving Bosh, who you should be well aware by now (if you read this forum on any regular basis) is a great actor.

So anyway I took time to fast forward to the Haslem shove and re-watched it to be sure it was a foul and yes I can say with no doubt Haslem clearly pushed him in the back.

On the replay Mark Jackson says, "Certainly the extension of the hand by Udonis Haslem, but a great selling job by Dirk Nowitszki."

So either you are thinking of some other play or just have a poor memory.

And for some reason the refs sent Ian Mahinmi to the free throw line instead of Dirk which is a mystery in and of itself.

No, I think that happened when the Mavs were on offense. The one I was referring to happened when the Mavs were on defense.

TJastal
06-05-2011, 11:53 PM

That's because Lebron didn't shoot the ball when Marion landed on him you dolt.. For some reason he re-gathered himself and went up for a shot (which Marion then blocked). Lebron should have shot the ball when Marion landed on him he would have gotten the call.

joshdaboss
06-05-2011, 11:59 PM
That's because Lebron didn't shoot the ball when Marion landed on him you dolt.. For some reason he re-gathered himself and went up for a shot (which Marion then blocked). Lebron should have shot the ball when Marion landed on him he would have gotten the call.

Dirk does the same exact thing constantly and gets the call, every time. Just because he didn't get him while he was actually in the air means nothing, he was still bodied up with him and moving into him, and you can't do that while someone is facing the basket and shooting. Dolt.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:00 AM
No, I think that happened when the Mavs were on offense. The one I was referring to happened when the Mavs were on defense.

Okay, I do remember that one too, but I didn't find it while fast fowarding through the tape. From what I recall Haslem gave him a forearm to the back just as Dirk was going up for a rebound. There was agreement amongst the announcers that it was the correct call, which it clearly was.

Got anything else to whine about?

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 12:05 AM

LeBron going to the hole, getting fouled on the swipe down and then getting body fouled on the follow through to make him miss a layup, with no call.

Mahinmi fouling James and him throwing it down in his face, with no call.

Kai
06-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Meh, seemed like every time Chandler didn't get a rebound, foul on Heat.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:08 AM

Dirk does the same exact thing constantly and gets the call, every time. Just because he didn't get him while he was actually in the air means nothing, he was still bodied up with him and moving into him, and you can't do that while someone is facing the basket and shooting. Dolt.

He didn't shoot the ball. He didn't shoot the ball. He didn't shoot the ball. Do you understand that yet? They could have whistled Marion for a non-shooting foul but they chose to let it go. Lebron re-gathered himself and went up for a shot, Marion blocked it (and got part of the hand on the follow through but technically that's not a foul). It was a stupid play by Lebron not to take the shot initially and force the refs' hand. Case closed.

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 12:09 AM
He didn't shoot the ball. He didn't shoot the ball. He didn't shoot the ball. Do you understand that yet? They could have whistled Marion for a non-shooting foul but they chose to let it go. Lebron re-gathered himself and went up for a shot, Marion blocked it (and got part of the hand on the follow through but technically that's not a foul). It was a stupid play by Lebron not to take the shot initially and force the refs' hand. Case closed.

He shot the ball while Marion was still into him, it doesn't matter whether or not he did it while he was in the air. It was a body foul while he was shooting.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:10 AM
LeBron going to the hole, getting fouled on the swipe down and then getting body fouled on the follow through to make him miss a layup, with no call.

Mahinmi fouling James and him throwing it down in his face, with no call.

:cry :cry :cry

Oh brother your really grasping at straws now. Dude fouled out in 8 minutes and your seriously whining about this?

:lmao

Thompson
06-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Okay, I do remember that one too, but I didn't find it while fast fowarding through the tape. From what I recall Haslem gave him a forearm to the back just as Dirk was going up for a rebound. There was agreement amongst the announcers that it was the correct call, which it clearly was.

I heard at least one announcer saying he didn't see a foul there, and I think it was Van Gundy.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:12 AM
He shot the ball while Marion was still into him, it doesn't matter whether or not he did it while he was in the air. It was a body foul while he was shooting.

Yes it does matter. I don't know what you mean by Marion being "still into him" but when Lebron regathered and attempted a fadeaway they were clearly separated at that point.

Just admit Lebron fucked up and then shut the fuck up already.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:13 AM
I heard at least one announcer saying he didn't see a foul there, and I think it was Van Gundy.

That's not what I rememeber but I'm not 100% positive. Do you recall what quarter it was.. I can look it up easier that way.

Thompson
06-06-2011, 12:14 AM
That's not what I rememeber but I'm not 100% positive. Do you recall what quarter it was.. I can look it up easier that way.

I think it was the 4th; I saw the very end of the 3rd and all of the 4th. I think (but I'm not certain) that it was someone's 4th foul, either Haslem or Bosh.

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 12:15 AM
:cry :cry :cry

Oh brother your really grasping at straws now. Dude fouled out in 8 minutes and your seriously whining about this?

So you're saying those were lesser fouls than the non-existant foul against Haslem on Dirk?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DMC
06-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Yes it does matter. I don't know what you mean by Marion being "still into him" but when Lebron regathered and attempted a fadeaway they were clearly separated at that point.

^ This is true.

Lebron clearly stepped back after the contact then started his shooting motion. It's not a foul to be run into, but the offensive player can force the issue if he starts his shooting motion early enough. Lebron didn't. His shot was in no way hindered by the incidental contact.

However, he did not double dribble, unless he carried earlier. No way it can go both ways.

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 12:17 AM
^ This is true.

Lebron clearly stepped back after the contact then started his shooting motion. It's not a foul to be run into, but the offensive player can force the issue if he starts his shooting motion early enough. Lebron didn't. His shot was in no way hindered by the incidental contact.

However, he did not double dribble, unless he carried earlier. No way it can go both ways.

Are we talking about the same play? I'm talking about the 3 he shot.

DMC
06-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Are we talking about the same play? I'm talking about the 3 he shot.

Yes. He clearly missed it and the shot clock expired, I think.

There was initial contact but Lebron stepped back afterward and began his shooting motion. There was a fingertip to palm contact after the shot.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:24 AM
^ This is true.

May have not been a "double dribble" but it was a violation nonetheless. He simply lost control of the ball in midflight and then caught it, which is a traveling violation. Either way its a turnover. Unless I'm thinking of some other instance than you are.

Thompson
06-06-2011, 12:25 AM
For the Dallas perspective: http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37342

A lot of their fans are saying they were favored by the refs overall tonight.

"So were going to bitch about 3 points? Yes it was a one possession game but that happened in the 1st quarter ffs

"Were overall favored by the refs in this game tbh"

"...I think both teams getting slight home cooking."

"Ouch. Personally I thought the Mavs got some home cooking tonight. I don't see why any Mavs fan would complain about the refs. Especially with how sloppy we played tonight."

"Not only can I not fault the refs, I would say if anything that the Mavericks benefitted quite a bit from the officiating this past game."

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 12:27 AM
The play where Marion runs into James is clearly a foul. There's no debating. You can debate whether or not he was in the act of shooting when it occurred, but at the very least it's a foul on the floor for Marion jumping into him. That's obvious.

DMC
06-06-2011, 12:27 AM
May have not been a "double dribble" but it was a violation nonetheless. He simply lost control of the ball in midflight and then caught it, which is a traveling violation. Either way its a turnover. Unless I'm thinking of some other instance than you are.
It wasn't called a violation. He should have been allowed then to put the ball back on the floor.

They could just as easily say any action was a violation because a previous violation wasn't called. The player has to play by the flow of the game, and Lebron either traveled or he double dribbled. He couldn't have done both in the eyes of the refs. Since he wasn't called for the carry or travel, that means that someone else caused him to lose the ball. He can recover it and put it back on the floor in that instance.

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Also, just rewatching that Haslem phantom foul call, I actually noticed something I didn't while watching live. Bosh is CLEARLY fouled by Chandler on the play. In fact, Bosh is very lucky he didn't turn his ankle badly. Chandler invades his space and doesn't allow him to come down.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:30 AM
For the Dallas perspective: http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37342

A lot of their fans are saying they were favored by the refs overall tonight.

Poor bastards.

They're just used to being the heat's punching bag like they were in 2006. Now that the refs actually stepped up to make the correct calls its confusing for them.

DMC
06-06-2011, 12:30 AM
There are fouls on every possession that are not called. On every drive to the basket someone gets touched. Those could be called fouls. The refs have a shit load of control over the outcome of the game.

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 12:32 AM
There are fouls on every possession that are not called. On every drive to the basket someone gets touched. Those could be called fouls. The refs have a shit load of control over the outcome of the game.

Agreed, but obvious fouls are obvious fouls. Anyone that would say the Heat got calls in this game is blind/homer/angry.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:37 AM
Also, just rewatching that Haslem phantom foul call, I actually noticed something I didn't while watching live. Bosh is CLEARLY fouled by Chandler on the play. In fact, Bosh is very lucky he didn't turn his ankle badly. Chandler invades his space and doesn't allow him to come down.

So now poor Chrissy got his space "invaded" by Chandler? Get it, space invaders? :rollin

Keep going, you're on a roll now.

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 12:39 AM
So now poor Chrissy got his space "invaded" by Chandler? Get it, space invaders? :rollin

Keep going, you're on a roll now.

So if you're going up for a jump shot and someone puts their feet under you, and you trip over it on the way down, that isn't a foul? Is that what you're saying?

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:40 AM
It wasn't called a violation. He should have been allowed then to put the ball back on the floor.

They could just as easily say any action was a violation because a previous violation wasn't called. The player has to play by the flow of the game, and Lebron either traveled or he double dribbled. He couldn't have done both in the eyes of the refs. Since he wasn't called for the carry or travel, that means that someone else caused him to lose the ball. He can recover it and put it back on the floor in that instance.

It wasn't called a violation? I thought they called him for double dribbling.

Cry Havoc
06-06-2011, 12:40 AM

You're wrong. You're just wrong. Accept it.

Cry Havoc
06-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Poor bastards.

They're just used to being the heat's punching bag like they were in 2006. Now that the refs actually stepped up to make the correct calls its confusing for them.

Denial is rough, friend.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:45 AM
So if you're going up for a jump shot and someone puts their feet under you, and you trip over it on the way down, that isn't a foul? Is that what you're saying?

Did Chrissy actually trip and fall down? No. Does it matter once the other foul is called? No.

Are you setting a new record for incessant whining on a messageboard? Yes.

DMC
06-06-2011, 12:48 AM
It wasn't called a violation? I thought they called him for double dribbling.

Traveling wasn't called, but he did lose the ball and regained it while in the air. If that wasn't a travel, then the subsequent putting the ball on the floor wasn't a double dribble.

DMC
06-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Did Chrissy actually trip and fall down? No. Does it matter once the other foul is called? No.

A record you currently hold mind you.

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 12:51 AM

Yes, he did. Idiot. rofl

And the foul on Haslem was AFTER that happened, it was on Bosh's shot attempt.

Have you been getting face-fucked the entire day? Starting with the Mavs getting owned, despite having an 8 on 5 advantage, and ending with me on the internet? Yes.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:52 AM

Traveling wasn't called, but he did lose the ball and regained it while in the air. If that wasn't a travel, then the subsequent putting the ball on the floor wasn't a double dribble.

Technicalities, technicalities.

In the end all that matters is Lebron violated the rules and therefore the heat relinquished the ball to the mavericks.

If I were you, I'd be much more worried why Mahinmi was shooting Dirk's free throws. Even the announcers were like WTF?

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 12:54 AM
If I were you, I'd be much more worried why Mahinmi was shooting Dirk's free throws. Even the announcers were like WTF?

No, I wouldn't be worried, because nobody should have been shooting free throws, because there was no foul. JVG: "I don't know who or where the foul is on that play".

EIC
06-06-2011, 12:55 AM
You're wrong. You're just wrong. Accept it.

+1. TJastal, you're debating this like a closet Mavs fan. You mad at LeBron that bad?

Any reasonable, objective viewer would have seen the clear bias by the refs in favor of the Mavs. If they'd been playing the Spurs, I would have put a glass through my TV.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Yes, he did. Idiot. rofl

And the foul on Haslem was AFTER that happened, it was on Bosh's shot attempt.

Have you been getting face-fucked the entire day? Starting with the Mavs getting owned, despite having an 8 on 5 advantage, and ending with me on the internet? Yes.

Bottom line is those types of calls are rarely made, unless its blatantly obvious and there is more upper body contact than just "landing on a foot".

Keep going though, your whining on a messageboard is becoming almost legendary. Like the army says, I want you to be the best whiner you can be.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 01:00 AM
+1. TJastal, you're debating this like a closet Mavs fan. You mad at LeBron that bad?

Any reasonable, objective viewer would have seen the clear bias by the refs in favor of the Mavs. If they'd been playing the Spurs, I would have put a glass through my TV.

So start naming all these calls you think the refs screwed up. Put up or shut up.

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Bottom line is those types of calls are rarely made, unless its blatantly obvious and there is more upper body contact than just "landing on a foot".

Keep going though, your whining on a messageboard is becoming almost legendary. Like the army says, I want you to be the best whiner you can be.

I'm whining, yet you're blaming this loss on the referees; even after Mavs fans are saying it was one-sided... in THEIR favor. :lmao:lmao:lmao

TJastal
06-06-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm whining, yet you're blaming this loss on the referees; even after Mavs fans are saying it was one-sided... in THEIR favor. :lmao:lmao:lmao

The biggest blown call of the game which clearly changed the momentum of the game just happened to favor the heat. Do you dispute this?

But it was only one blown call. I still gave the heat their due props. Any reasonable team should be able to overcome one blown call. I merely pointed it out in the face of all the incessant whining in this thread.

As for the mavs fans, of course they probably think the calls favored them after getting buttfucked in 2006. And I'll be willing to bet there are plenty of mavs fans that think as I do; that the refs called it the right way this time instead of handing the heat the crown.

Cry Havoc
06-06-2011, 01:14 AM
The biggest blown call of the game which clearly changed the momentum of the game just happened to favor the heat. Do you dispute this?

But it was only one blown call. I still gave the heat their due props. Any reasonable team should be able to overcome one blown call. I merely pointed it out in the face of all the incessant whining in this thread.

As for the mavs fans, of course they probably think the calls favored them after getting buttfucked in 2006. And I'll be willing to bet there are plenty of mavs fans that think as I do; that the refs called it the right way this time instead of handing the heat the crown.

Most Mav fans are talking about how the refs gave them nearly every call tonight and were still unable to win. It's not complicated to look this stuff up.

EIC
06-06-2011, 01:15 AM
So start naming all these calls you think the refs screwed up. Put up or shut up.

Off the top of my head:

1) The loose-ball foul on Haslem when him and Dirk were both going up for the ball; no push by either player

2) The phantom double-dribble by Lebron when the ball got tipped, he regained possession, landed, and began dribbling

3) The missed travel by Jason Kidd before Wade fouled him behind the arc

4) Shawn Marion running into Lebron

5) Bosh getting poked in the eye by Kidd with no call

Not to mention that probably half the fouls on Dirk and the loose-ball fouls were phantom calls, with a little flopping thrown in for good measure by the Mavs (e.g., Stevenson on at least one occasion)

joshdaboss
06-06-2011, 01:16 AM

I have no idea what call you're even talking about, honestly.

As for the mavs fans, of course they probably think the calls favored them after getting buttfucked in 2006. And I'll be willing to bet there are plenty of mavs fans that think as I do; that the refs called it the right way this time instead of handing the heat the crown.Well, Mavs had something coming to them called karma in 2006. After seeing Dirk Noringski, a jump shooter, parade to the foul line over 20 times in games against the Spurs that year.

Kai
06-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Off the top of my head:

1) The loose-ball foul on Haslem when him and Dirk were both going up for the ball; no push by either player

2) The phantom double-dribble by Lebron when the ball got tipped, he regained possession, landed, and began dribbling

Not to mention that probably half the fouls on Dirk and the loose-ball fouls were phantom calls, with a little flopping thrown in for good measure by the Mavs (e.g., Stevenson on at least one occasion)
:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

TJastal
06-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Most Mav fans are talking about how the refs gave them nearly every call tonight and were still unable to win. It's not complicated to look this stuff up.

Did you not read what I said about "mav fans" already?

TJastal
06-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Off the top of my head:

Well, at least somebody finally attempted to field a list of grievances, lame as it is.

Already debated #1, #2, #4, & #5 .. in a nutshell Haslem was guilty of the push, Lebron violated the rules end of story, Lebron didn't shoot the ball when he should've, & Bosh is an actor.

That leaves one "supposed" travel by Jason Kidd which is more than cancelled out by the missed backcourt violation that cost the mavs a momentum changing 3 pointer just before halftime.

Nice try.

Cry Havoc
06-06-2011, 01:32 AM
Well, at least somebody finally attempted to field a list of grievances, lame as it is.

Already debated #1, #2, #4, & #5 .. in a nutshell Haslem was guilty of the push, Lebron violated the rules end of story, Lebron didn't shoot the ball when he should've, & Bosh is an actor.

That leaves one "supposed" travel by Jason Kidd which is more than cancelled out by the missed backcourt violation that cost the mavs a momentum changing 3 pointer just before halftime.

Nice try.

Apparently "should have shot" is grounds for not calling a foul now. :lmao

TJastal
06-06-2011, 01:38 AM
Apparently "should have shot" is grounds for not calling a foul now. :lmao

It was incidental contact, and the refs chose to ignore it (which happens quite often). Lebron had his window of opportunity to take the shot while Marion was up in the air; he should have went up with his shot and forced the refs' hand. He didn't. He settled for a weak fadeaway and got his shot stuffed. He has nobody to blame but himself.

How is it you cannot comprehend this?

Cry Havoc
06-06-2011, 01:48 AM
http://youtu.be/jt1q5Lq68-o

How the fuck you can call that incidental contact is mind boggling.

"Oops, I just jumped into the air and landed on you." Incidental!

If that's incidental, then so is every foul in the NBA. To say nothing of the almost exact same situation earlier in the game when Kidd faked Wade and there was similar contact.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 01:58 AM
http://youtu.be/jt1q5Lq68-o

How the fuck you can call that incidental contact is mind boggling.

"Oops, I just jumped into the air and landed on you." Incidental!

If that's incidental, then so is every foul in the NBA. To say nothing of the almost exact same situation earlier in the game when Kidd faked Wade and there was similar contact.

So you've actually trying to say you've never seen incidental contact where the refs allowed the players to play on? In a non-shooting situation? Pardon me but I question your knowledge of basketball if this is case.

As for the Wade / Kidd contact, similar situation yes, but Kidd actually shot the ball and forced the refs to make the call. Shuffled his feet beforehand I think but that was missed. That's the only legitimate missed call any of you whiners have come up with so far in my opinion.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 02:09 AM
Oh, btw, love that cheesy flop by Haslem where they called Mahinmi for a push from behind where he basically put his hand on Haslem and Haslem suddenly "fell" out of bounds like he'd been tasered. All because he was trapped under the basket and had nowhere to go with the ball. :lmao

Breen: It was a shove.. not MUCH one, but a shove nonetheless..

Jackson: Not a foul. Not a foul Mike.

Sean Cagney
06-06-2011, 02:41 AM
Oh, btw, love that cheesy flop by Haslem where they called Mahinmi for a push from behind where he basically put his hand on Haslem and Haslem suddenly "fell" out of bounds like he'd been tasered. All because he was trapped under the basket and had nowhere to go with the ball. :lmao

Breen: It was a shove.. not MUCH one, but a shove nonetheless..

Jackson: Not a foul. Not a foul Mike.

OMFG stfu already bro, mavs got alot of calls tonight man! Most will see that.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 02:57 AM
OMFG stfu already bro, mavs got alot of calls tonight man! Most will see that.

Well then tell us all what about all these supposed bad calls then instead of whining like bitches!

So far one person has come up with a list of 5 things, 4 of which were total horseshit or questionable at best.

Here's your challenge: Name 5 bad/missed calls the mavs got in their favor, I'll even give the first one.

1. Kidd's traveling
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

TJastal
06-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Oh, and poor poor Chrissy got her wittle eye poked and didn't get a wittle foul call, let's all complain and bitch for poor Chrissy. :rolleyes :vomit:

Manu had his nose broken by Dirk's elbow last year. And the refs called HIM for the foul yet I don't recall any of you little pansies whining and crying about that.

Bill_Brasky
06-06-2011, 05:49 AM
Oh, and poor poor Chrissy got her wittle eye poked and didn't get a wittle foul call, let's all complain and bitch for poor Chrissy. :rolleyes :vomit:

Manu had his nose broken by Dirk's elbow last year. And the refs called HIM for the foul yet I don't recall any of you little pansies whining and crying about that.

Ahahahaha, this guy is clearly butthurt. 2 wins away faggot.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Ahahahaha, this guy is clearly butthurt. 2 wins away faggot.

Well hot damn, finally someone came into this thread to do something other than whine and bitch that the heat didn't get enough calls.

Props to Bill Brasky. :tu

Bill_Brasky
06-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Well hot damn, finally someone came into this thread to do something other than whine and bitch that the heat didn't get enough calls.

Props to Bill Brasky. :tu

Tbh I read the thread and your doing a good job in here.

silverblk mystix
06-06-2011, 08:47 AM
T Jastal...

is obviously blind and trolling you guys.

The Mavs got every call and still choked at the end. Water is wet. Sky is blue...

Mavs choked...

The double-dribble call on Lebron was just scott foster trying to give the game to the mavs.

If you watch the replay, when Lebron goes up and loses control of the ball--watch Crawford signal that the ball was deflected...then Lebron regains possession without dribbling---so this was a new possession...then as soon as Lebron dribbled...Scott Foster calls the double-dribble.

Chandler pushed and rooted everyone near the basket all night with no call---but as soon as the heat did the same ...the refs called every little touch and push.

Watch the game Jastal...without---the blinders.

stretch
06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
The double-dribble call on Lebron was just scott foster trying to give the game to the mavs.

If you watch the replay, when Lebron goes up and loses control of the ball--watch Crawford signal that the ball was deflected...

ball was NOT deflected. he knew it, and gave the doubledribble as a makeup call for the travel that should have been called on lebron for the pass to himself.

there were bad calls, but they went both ways. i cant count how many time dirk got hammered on drives with no call, or several clearly incorrect out of bounds calls. then on the other end, a few times lebron got hit with no call, most specifically when Marion jumped into him close to the end. then there was a foul called on mahinmi when Haslem fell out of bounds and was barely, if at all touched. or the push in the back on Dirk, that for some reason led to Mahinmi getting FTs. it was bad and inconsistent all night, both ways.

and dont forget, the Chalmers 3 at the end of the 1st that was allowed. if they called him for a backcourt violation like they should have, its very possible the outcome could have been different, considering the Heat only won by 2, and got 3 illegal points.

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 09:00 AM
5 pages of asshole SpursMavs Fans bitching about officiating,,,per usual.

:rolleyes

Bruce Wayne
06-06-2011, 09:12 AM
ball was NOT deflected. he knew it, and gave the doubledribble as a makeup call for the travel that should have been called on lebron for the pass to himself.

there were bad calls, but they went both ways. i cant count how many time dirk got hammered on drives with no call, or several clearly incorrect out of bounds calls. then on the other end, a few times lebron got hit with no call, most specifically when Marion jumped into him close to the end. then there was a foul called on mahinmi when Haslem fell out of bounds and was barely, if at all touched. or the push in the back on Dirk, that for some reason led to Mahinmi getting FTs. it was bad and inconsistent all night, both ways.

and dont forget, the Chalmers 3 at the end of the 1st that was allowed. if they called him for a backcourt violation like they should have, its very possible the outcome could have been different, considering the Heat only won by 2, and got 3 illegal points.

bullshit..Miami couldn't buy a call most of the game

TJastal
06-06-2011, 09:21 AM

Isn't it amazing how the only examples these schucks can come up with are the same lame handful of bullshit that I've already dissected several times over in this thread and either debunked or dismissed? :lol

+1 Agree on the Lebron "double dribble". Obviously the wrong call but it was a makeup call and makeup calls can and do happen. Either traveling or double dribbling, really doesn't matter, it achieved the same result. It's a violation and a turnover. Case closed.

-1 I disagree the Marion contact was ruled incidental since Lebron didn't go up with his shot like he should have. All Lebron had to do was fling the ball toward the hoop and he would have been going to the line for foul shots. He didn't even have to move or contort his body into Marion. I think the refs were probably so surprised that Lebron chose not to do this that they let this incidental contact go.

-1 After furthur review I gotta admit the Chalmers 3 at the end of the 1st actually was legit since the tip of his foot was touching the line when he jumped in the air across midcourt to catch Haslem's pass. Had his foot been behind the line even 1 inch it would have been a backcourt violation. Not that the refs would have actually called it as such, I'm sure they would have pretended not to notice.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 09:27 AM

Don't know if read the thread dumbass, but it's the san antonio heat fans doing all the bitching.

Phillip
06-06-2011, 09:38 AM
-1 After furthur review I gotta admit the Chalmers 3 at the end of the 1st actually was legit since the tip of his foot was touching the line when he jumped in the air across midcourt to catch Haslem's pass. Had his foot been behind the line even 1 inch it would have been a backcourt violation. Not that the refs would have actually called it as such, I'm sure they would have pretended not to notice.

From the research I have found, this is incorrect.

Both feet and the ball have to be completely over the line, otherwise its a backcourt violation. Chalmers had one foot on the line, and I believe the other was behind the line. Should have been a violation.

Ashy Larry
06-06-2011, 09:40 AM
every call went the Mavs way and they still couldn't get over the hump ....... Dirk is playing the role of LeBron James when he was in cleveland and Jason Terry is now Mo Williams ..... the second best player on the team who melts down ........ brutal

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 09:42 AM
[[[From the research I have found, this is incorrect.

Both feet and the ball have to be completely over the line, otherwise its a backcourt violation. Chalmers had one foot on the line, and I believe the other was behind the line. Should have been a violation.]]]

I've seen a lot of those instances in these playoffs, and it's simply not called. And there was an 8 second violation late last night that was not called on Miami. Both feet were not in the front court when the shot clock struck 16, but, nobody bitched.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 09:44 AM
From the research I have found, this is incorrect.

Both feet and the ball have to be completely over the line, otherwise its a backcourt violation. Chalmers had one foot on the line, and I believe the other was behind the line. Should have been a violation.

Maybe if he caught the ball while stationary this might be true. But I think since Chalmers had leapt into the air from that position (of one foot touching the line BARELY) he is considered to be over the line when he catches the pass legally on the other side of the line.

According to your theory a guy standing legally across midcourt could reach back and snag a pass behind the line and this would be considered a violation. Unless I misunderstand your position.

Phillip
06-06-2011, 09:45 AM
[[[From the research I have found, this is incorrect.

Both feet and the ball have to be completely over the line, otherwise its a backcourt violation. Chalmers had one foot on the line, and I believe the other was behind the line. Should have been a violation.]]]

I've seen a lot of those instances in these playoffs, and it's simply not called. And there was an 8 second violation late last night that was not called on Miami. Both feet were not in the front court when the shot clock struck 16, but, nobody bitched.

I noticed that too, but oh well.

Like I said, officiating did not heavily cost either team last night. It was fucking horrible all around, its just that the things that favored the Mavs were more noticable, while Miami got away with sly things like backcourt violations, balls getting tipped out of bounds by them and being incorrectly called, and being awarded shitty flop calls, whereas the Mavs got away with more physical contact.

DMC
06-06-2011, 09:46 AM

Your shtick is much more entertaining. Dance for us again, forum monkey.

Phillip
06-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Maybe if he caught the ball while stationary this might be true. But I think since Chalmers had leapt into the air from that position (of one foot touching the line BARELY) he is considered to be over the line when he catches the pass legally on the other side of the line.

According to your theory a guy standing legally across midcourt could reach back and snag a pass behind the line and this would be considered a violation. Unless I misunderstand your position.

Dude, the rule is that both feet and the ball must be completely across the line. He caught the ball with a foot on the line and the other foot behind. They missed the call. The end.

I can understand how it got missed considering how quickly it happened, but it was a missed call.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 10:00 AM
every call went the Mavs way and they still couldn't get over the hump ....... Dirk is playing the role of LeBron James when he was in cleveland and Jason Terry is now Mo Williams ..... the second best player on the team who melts down ........ brutal

Thanks for being the lucky 100th to come into this thread claiming every call went the mavs way and yet offer not a shred of proof backing up said theory.

Please choose your door prize: There is the shadowflame backseat tissue dispenser, the CryHavoc tp head dispenser, or the joshdaboss kleenex model truck. Thanks!

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9278/kleenexdispenser.jpg
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2007/438563304tp.jpg
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/1194/keepakleenexhandytoilet.jpg

TJastal
06-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Dude, the rule is that both feet and the ball must be completely across the line. He caught the ball with a foot on the line and the other foot behind. They missed the call. The end.

I can understand how it got missed considering how quickly it happened, but it was a missed call.

No that's incorrect. He jumped into the air from that position and caught the pass in midair but well across the line.

I don't know for 100% sure what the ruling is for that particular situation, but It think he's okay as long as some part of his feet were touching the line (or across the line) before the jump takes place.

Bruce Wayne
06-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks for being the lucky 100th to come into this thread claiming every call went the mavs way and yet offer not a shred of proof backing up said theory.

Please choose your door prize: There is the shadowflame backseat tissue dispenser, the CryHavoc tp head dispenser, or the joshdaboss kleenex model truck. Thanks!

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9278/kleenexdispenser.jpg
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2007/438563304tp.jpg
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/1194/keepakleenexhandytoilet.jpg

Besides the fact that most mavfans themselves acknowledge that most of the calls went their way, you jock sniffing cuck

Phillip
06-06-2011, 10:28 AM
No that's incorrect. He jumped into the air from that position and caught the pass in midair but well across the line.

I don't know for 100% sure what the ruling is for that particular situation, but It think he's okay as long as some part of his feet were touching the line (or across the line) before the jump takes place.

uYFUJIQxsZg

foot was on the line

according to rule, both feet and ball must be over the line to be in the frontcourt

backcourt violation

ogait
06-06-2011, 10:30 AM

No he can't be touching the line because the mid court line is back court.

NBA rule 4 section IV

b. A team's backcourt consists of the entire midcourt line and the rest of the court to include the opponent's basket and inbounds part of the backboard.

c. A ball being held by a player: (1) is in the frontcourt if neither the ball nor the player is touching the backcourt, (2) is in the backcourt if either the ball or player is touching the backcourt.

He had a foot on the line when he got the ball which makes it a backcourt violation. Missed call, and it also should be reviewable imo.

ogait
06-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Ym_M1oYF1KY

Dumbass commentators don't even know the rule. Mike Breen was saying that it would've been a backcourt violation if he hadn't stepped on the line :bang

TJastal
06-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Besides the fact that most mavfans themselves acknowledge that most of the calls went their way, you jock sniffing cuck

As I've said before about 3 times in this thread already, I don't really consider mavfan opinion viable right now. I'm almost certain they are all still in shock that the refs actually made fair calls on both sides (albeit not always the right ones lol) and didn't let the heat's thuggery to take over the game.

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 10:41 AM

NBA rule 4 section IV

b. A team's backcourt consists of the entire midcourt line and the rest of the court to include the opponent's basket and inbounds part of the backboard.

c. A ball being held by a player: (1) is in the frontcourt if neither the ball nor the player is touching the backcourt, (2) is in the backcourt if either the ball or player is touching the backcourt.

He had a foot on the line when he got the ball which makes it a backcourt violation. Missed call, and it also should be reviewable imo.

Gate, with the goods!

Reck
06-06-2011, 10:42 AM
LOL my goodness. This is still going on?

Talk about total denial.

What an uber idiot.

Tjastal just call it a day and go your own way.

Yes, you're wrong and yes the refs were one sided. When even the Mavs fan know they were having some home cooking and you still in denial says alot about your maturity and knowledge process.

All you go is how Charmer made a questionable shot from half court. That's bullshit.

The Mavs went to the freethrow line 27 times to Heat's 15.

Mavs also missed 5 shots from there so that's 5 points.

The 3 pointer doesn't come into play as the Mavs had several things going for them and they still couldn't muster up a win.

Just shut up dude.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 10:43 AM

NBA rule 4 section IV

Chalmers was already IN THE AIR when he caught the pass. I do understand how the rule works now thank you for posting the exact verbage but according to (1) neither the ball nor the player is touching the backcourt when he catches that pass.

BlackSwordsMan
06-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Mav fan grew it now they complain about the taste? Nah uh not on my watch. Chew it

TJastal
06-06-2011, 10:48 AM
LOL my goodness. This is still going on?

Talk about total denial.

What an uber idiot.

Tjastal just call it a day and go your own way.

Yes, you're wrong and yes the refs were one sided. When even the Mavs fan know they were having some home cooking and you still in denial says alot about your maturity and knowledge process.

All you go is how Charmer made a questionable shot from half court. That's bullshit.

The Mavs went to the freethrow line 27 times to Heat's 15.

Mavs also missed 5 shots from there so that's 5 points.

The 3 pointer doesn't come into play as the Mavs had several things going for them and they still couldn't muster up a win.

Just shut up dude.

I just posted how the Chalmer's play wasn't a violation. I am just an impartial observer here. You see, I don't make knee jerk reactions to free throw attempts and snap judgments based on popular opinions of the masses. I actually watch the games and make up my own mind. So far you've provided literally nothing to prove your theory other than "cuz mavfan said so it must be true". Well guess what, the only mav fan that I see in this thread (stretch) doesn't agree with you either. So fuck off already.

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2011, 10:49 AM
I still haven't seen a good view of Chalmers' feet on the 1st quarter buzzer-beater, but in real time it looked to me as if he hadn't established position in the front court when he caught the ball, which would make it a violation. It's a really nuanced thing, but the rulebook (RULE 4, Section V) says that frontcourt position is not attained until a player with the ball has established a positive position in either half during a time when the ball is loose (i.e., as it's being passed). To me, that means the player must have already been fully in the front court before the catch -- being in the process of jumping from the backcourt to the frontcourt is technically not enough. I can actually remember seeing the rule called that way a couple of times, but clearly it's not always called that way. Again, I haven't seen a replay that definitively shows the location of Chalmers' feet before the catch, but my perception was that he (at best) jumped from backcourt to frontcourt in the process of making the catch (and hadn't established frontcourt position before the catch), which means it should have been a backcourt violation.

I think Foster was right to call the double-dribble on James in the 4th, but I also think that's a really tough call given that Crawford had clearly signaled (even if erroneously) that the ball had been tipped; if Crawford makes that signal (and, I would guess, offers a verbal signal to the same effect) at some point, James is entitled to rely upon it. Obviously, Foster was correct in a real sense and, ultimately, the call made no difference in the outcome.

I also don't think there's any doubt that Kidd traveled on the foul he drew near the arc in the first half, but nobody's (apparently) going to call that, since he did exactly the same thing on a virtually identical play in Oklahoma City in the last round without anyone even bothering to mention it. I hate that call -- particularly where the shooter leans into a leaping defender -- if only because it is frequently given without regard to the principle of verticality, but obviously, the shooter is always going to get that call.

Bruce Wayne
06-06-2011, 10:49 AM
As I've said before about 3 times in this thread already, I don't really consider mavfan opinion viable right now. I'm almost certain they are all still in shock that the refs actually made fair calls on both sides (albeit not always the right ones lol) and didn't let the heat's thuggery to take over the game.

You got ONE thing right. You sir, are indeed a bitter, unfunny, douche

TJastal
06-06-2011, 10:53 AM
You got ONE thing right. You sir, are indeed a bitter, unfunny, douche

thank you, I enjoy having that title and take pride in it.

ogait
06-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Chalmers was already IN THE AIR when he caught the pass. I do understand how the rule works now thank you for posting the exact verbage but according to (1) neither the ball nor the player is touching the backcourt when he catches that pass.

Dude you were the one who said you didn't know 100 % how the ruling was on that situation so I posted it. Now apparently you do. That's ok.

About the play if you pause at 32 seconds on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym_M1oYF1KY& you can see he had the foot on the line when he catches it, even the announcer said so. Anyway it's not an outrageous call or anything like that, just a missed call and I'm sure Mavs fans won't put the blame on the loss for this.

Reck
06-06-2011, 11:03 AM
I just posted how the Chalmer's play wasn't a violation. I am just an impartial observer here. You see, I don't make knee jerk reactions to free throw attempts and snap judgments based on popular opinions of the masses. I actually watch the games and make up my own mind. So far you've provided literally nothing to prove your theory other than "cuz mavfan said so it must be true". Well guess what, the only mav fan that I see in this thread (stretch) doesn't agree with you either. So fuck off already.

So the fact that I created the thread to point out the poor officiating job means I'm following the mass and going by what Mavs fans think?

Are you retarded?

Dude get some shut eye. You being in front of a computer screen for far too long.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Dude you were the one who said you didn't know 100 % how the ruling was on that situation so I posted it. Now apparently you do. That's ok.

About the play if you pause at 32 seconds on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym_M1oYF1KY& you can see he had the foot on the line when he catches it, even the announcer said so. Anyway it's not an outrageous call or anything like that, just a missed call and I'm sure Mavs fans won't put the blame on the loss for this.

Seems there was/is still uncertainty here. You believe Chalmers caught the ball while his feet were still touching the court, whereas I think he had already jumped into the air (and passed the line). That is why we are still not in agreemnent.

Now according to FWD, Chalmers needed to establish position in the frontcourt (IE feet landing) prior to the catch. So if true, then this would appear to be a violation, but not for the same reason as you gave.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 11:11 AM
So the fact that I created the thread to point out the poor officiating job means I'm following the mass and going by what Mavs fans think?

Are you retarded?

Dude get some shut eye. You being in front of a computer screen for far too long.

If I was to make a thread bitching about bad officiating (and I have before in the past), I'd at least provide 5 concrete examples of bad/missed calls (plus 5-10 other questionable calls) if I wanted to be taken seriously. So far, the only concrete thing anyone here has provided is Kidd's travel and a handful of other questionable bullshit that I wouldn't even consider questionable. I wouldn't exactly call that a slam dunk thread, in fact I would call it a complete FAIL of a thread.

Reck
06-06-2011, 11:21 AM
If I was to make a thread bitching about bad officiating (and I have before in the past), I'd at least provide 5 concrete examples of bad/missed calls (plus 5-10 other questionable calls) if I wanted to be taken seriously. So far, the only concrete thing anyone here has provided is Kidd's travel and a handful of other questionable bullshit that I wouldn't even consider questionable. I wouldn't exactly call that a slam dunk thread, in fact I would call it a complete FAIL of a thread.

There you go. You said it yourself.

When the refs are blatantly handing the home team calls making a list of fouls is pointless as it is very obvious.

I'm sorry you cant conprehend that.

As I was watching Gametime on NBATV even Brent Barry mentioned how the Mavs were getting all the calls.

I'm going radio silence. Enjoy your denial.

Nick Manning
06-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Spurfan continues their proud tradition of grown men sobbing about officiating. Just a mentally weak, excuse-ridden fanbase with a massive inferiority complex.

This is generally speaking of course, because there are a few non-whiney spurfans on this site (you know who you are). It's just too bad the other ones procreate at such a rapid rate

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Spurfan continues their proud tradition of grown men sobbing about officiating. Just a mentally weak, excuse-ridden fanbase with a massive inferiority complex.

Nick

ogait
06-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Seems there was/is still uncertainty here. You believe Chalmers caught the ball while his feet were still touching the court, whereas I think he had already jumped into the air (and passed the line). That is why we are still not in agreemnent.

Now according to FWD, Chalmers needed to establish position in the frontcourt (IE feet landing) prior to the catch. So if true, then this would appear to be a violation, but not for the same reason as you gave.

Ye your right, the doubt is if he was in mid air when he caught it or not. It seems to me he was but can't be 100 % sure.

Anyway we're kind of discussing technicalities after watching 100 replays so imagine how hard it is for the refs to get it right in real time, so I'm gonna give it a rest now.

About what FWD said I don't think it applies in this case because the front court position (as in the overall team position) is already established by Haslem, now it's just a matter of knowing if Chalmers was on the backcourt when he catches it or not.

Phillip
06-06-2011, 11:26 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Mario-Chalmers-and-the-buzzer-beater-that-shoul?urn=nba-wp4412

FromWayDowntown
06-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Ye your right, the doubt is if he was in mid air when he caught it or not. It seems to me he was but can't be 100 % sure.

Anyway we're kind of discussing technicalities after watching 100 replays so imagine how hard it is for the refs to get it right in real time, so I'm gonna give it a rest now.

About what FWD said I don't think it applies in this case because the front court position (as in the overall team position) is already established by Haslem, now it's just a matter of knowing if Chalmers was on the backcourt when he catches it or not.

I'm not sure the part of the rule that I posted concerns team positioning other than to definitively say that Haslem was in the front court and that any player he passed to must have also established position in the frontcourt to legally receive the pass. From the replay, it appears clear to me that Chalmers was in the backcourt either because his left foot was still there when he made the catch or because he hadn't fully established position in the front court before making the catch. Either way, it seems clear to me (with the benefit of seeing the play slowed down) that he has not established frontcourt position prior to making the catch.

But I absolutely agree with the notion that officiating that call is monumentally difficult. We benefit from having a premium viewing angle right at halfcourt, the opportunity to see the play repeatedly, and the chance to slow the play and even stop it. Foster, Crawford, and Stafford have none of those benefits and are trying to keep track of multiple other details in a fast-moving play. Had any of them called it, I don't think there would be a hue and cry about it. But the fact that none of them called it is understandable to me.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 11:58 AM
There you go. You said it yourself.

When the refs are blatantly handing the home team calls making a list of fouls is pointless as it is very obvious.

I'm sorry you cant conprehend that.

As I was watching Gametime on NBATV even Brent Barry mentioned how the Mavs were getting all the calls.

I'm going radio silence. Enjoy your denial.

Eh? I said nothing backing up any of your vague claims. You have 1 solid concrete thing to bitch about (Kidd's travel). Other than that you have a handful of questionable bullshit (courtesy EIC's vague ramblings off the top of his head) most of which I debunked into oblivion already.

As for Barry I would hold him accountable just as I'm holding you accountable to provide evidence. Did he provide any in his dialogues or did he say something you perhaps took out of context? Kind of hard to give it any credence at all when you don't mention any details about what he said other than the same vague bullshit you've been spewing throughout the entire thread.

ogait
I'm not sure the part of the rule that I posted concerns team positioning other than to definitively say that Haslem was in the front court and that any player he passed to must have also established position in the frontcourt to legally receive the pass. From the replay, it appears clear to me that Chalmers was in the backcourt either because his left foot was still there when he made the catch or because he hadn't fully established position in the front court before making the catch. Either way, it seems clear to me (with the benefit of seeing the play slowed down) that he has not established frontcourt position prior to making the catch.

But I absolutely agree with the notion that officiating that call is monumentally difficult. We benefit from having a premium viewing angle right at halfcourt, the opportunity to see the play repeatedly, and the chance to slow the play and even stop it. Foster, Crawford, and Stafford have none of those benefits and are trying to keep track of multiple other details in a fast-moving play. Had any of them called it, I don't think there would be a hue and cry about it. But the fact that none of them called it is understandable to me.

Ye I understand what you were saying. I thought of that initially as well but looking at the actual rule of the back court violation:

Rule 10 section X

a. A player shall not be the first to touch a ball which he or a teammate caused to go from frontcourt to backcourt while his team was in control of the ball.

So Haslem establishes the team in the frontcourt. To happen a violation he must cause the ball to go from the frontcourt to the backcourt. That means Chalmers must hold the ball in the backcourt for that happen. If he was on the air when he caught it he was technically in the frontcourt, if he was stepping on the line he was on the backcourt.

Phillip
Fact is, officiating was bad overall, and favored both teams at times, not neccesarily with the intent to favor, as opposed to incompetence.

The reason the Mavs lost was because of brainless turnovers. If they simply had one less turnover that lead to a Miami bucket, the outcome may have been different. Can't have so many unforced errors as they had, and expect to win. Some of them were due to Miami's good defense, but others just made no sense at all and had no business being turnovers if the players were focused.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 12:08 PM

So there we have it. My gut ended up being right to begin with, it was a backcourt violation that cost the mavs a momentum killing 3 ball to end a quarter. But I guess bad calls that go against the mavs don't matter in this discussion thread, the only ones that do are the countless blatantly obvious bad calls favoring the mavs that shall remain anonymous and unspoken.

TheInternets
06-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Fact is, officiating was bad overall, and favored both teams at times, not neccesarily with the intent to favor, as opposed to incompetence.

The reason the Mavs lost was because of brainless turnovers. If they simply had one less turnover that lead to a Miami bucket, the outcome may have been different. Can't have so many unforced errors as they had, and expect to win. Some of them were due to Miami's good defense, but others just made no sense at all and had no business being turnovers if the players were focused.

So there we have it. My gut ended up being right to begin with, it was a backcourt violation that cost the mavs a momentum killing 3 ball to end a quarter. But I guess bad calls that go against the mavs don't matter in this discussion thread, the only ones that do are the countless blatantly obvious bad calls favoring the mavs that shall remain anonymous and unspoken.

What does it say about you that die hard Mavs fans in the forum are less butthurt about last night than you are?

TJastal
06-06-2011, 01:17 PM
What does it say about you that die hard Mavs fans in the forum are less butthurt about last night than you are?

There's no butthurt here. I'm sorry the mavs couldn't step up and take advantage of the opportunities they had to win last night but I'm not stewing about it. The series is far from over, they have two more home games in Dallas to look forward to, so there position isn't as bleak as you are insinuating it is.