PDA

View Full Version : I must say i was quite impressed...

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-10-2005, 10:01 AM
I was quite impressed with the Spurs last night, i knew they were a great team but didn't really get to see them play except a little bit against Phoenix.

Ginobli is the man. Im still in awe of that driving dunk, I thought for sure on that drive he was going to do a layup or baby hook and he got up there quick and dunked it. I was like holy shit.

My worst nightmare came true with Detroit going through a long scoring drought but i know the Spurs had a lot to do with that.

The Pistons definitely have their hands full but i see them coming back with some adjustments and squeaking out a game 2 victory.

It was an ugly defensive game for the most part but i loved every minute of it. That was definitely an offensive foul but Big Ben can't lose his head like that, man this is for all the glory Ben so stop whining and play!

NeoConIV
06-10-2005, 10:06 AM
I was quite impressed with the Spurs last night, i knew they were a great team but didn't really get to see them play except a little bit against Phoenix.

Ginobli is the man. Im still in awe of that driving dunk, I thought for sure on that drive he was going to do a layup or baby hook and he got up there quick and dunked it. I was like holy shit.

My worst nightmare came true with Detroit going through a long scoring drought but i know the Spurs had a lot to do with that.

The Pistons definitely have their hands full but i see them coming back with some adjustments and squeaking out a game 2 victory.

It was an ugly defensive game for the most part but i loved every minute of it. That was definitely an offensive foul but Big Ben can't lose his head like that, man this is for all the glory Ben so stop whining and play!

Quality.

It's wierd about Ginobili. Just when you think you've seen everything...he does something like that. I mean, what do you call that? A finger dunk? A rolling dunk?

And Pistons HAVE to maintain composure to stay in this series. Definite achilles heel for them. But Pistons will come out blazing. Hope Spurs can match the intensity.

nkdlunch
06-10-2005, 10:08 AM
"throw it down Manu, throw it down!!"

that idiot is in my head :(

LilMissSPURfect
06-10-2005, 10:12 AM

that idiot is in my head :(

:spin :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin

yeeeeeeeaaahhhhuh!

SouthernFried
06-10-2005, 10:13 AM
That foul was a turning point for DT. It was a charge, or a no-call at best.

But, it shouldn't have been a turning point. It turned into a 1 point technical, and just re-set the offensive set-up. If Ben hadn't of lost his head, it wouldn't have even been a technical, just ball outta bounds. No big deal.

Ben and DT just sorta lost it after that, and made that call their achilles heal...and it turned the game for them. They simply cannot allow themeselves to do that...and I hope DT fans are telling them so.

It wasn't the best call...but, damnit...don't fall apart because of it. Bad calls happen every game I've ever seen...and the SPURS had some go against them early as well. Deal with it!

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-10-2005, 10:16 AM
I was very upset with Ben but i can't blame him for getting emotional. He made an excellent defensive play but the call didn't go his way.

Rasheed is rubbing off on Detroit players and on any given night Sheed can be Detroit's biggest asset or biggest liability. I guess you have to take him for what he is a star/head case.

You will see a strong performance from sheed in game 2 i promise you.

picnroll
06-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Good game. Pistons have a ferocious defense. I expect Detroit to play with a fury game two. They have to want to get one of these games in SA and not go back to Detroit needing to win three straight games. Next game will be fierce.

SouthernFried
06-10-2005, 10:18 AM
I have no doubt Sheed will play big next game...no doubt at all.

How the Spurs respond will be interesting to see.

Can't wait ;)

geerussell
06-10-2005, 10:26 AM
There were a couple of bad calls but nothing game-deciding by any stretch of the imagination. If anything the game was pretty well officiated overall.

Detroit lost because the guard play shriveled up and died. Both from the standpoint of hitting shots and moving the ball to get the frontcourt involved. It was brutal to watch but I think correctable between now an sunday.

The bright spot was the defensive effort which was superb. That's the core of detroit's game and if the bring the same level of defensive effort over the course of the series I still like the pistons chances a lot.

NoMoneyDown
06-10-2005, 10:29 AM

Nice post. I, too, agree the call should have been a no-call at worse, and an offensive foul at best for Detroit, but Ben has to control his emotions. I look for a tougher Detroit team Sunday, and, if Chancey Billups' quote rings true, Manu will have to work a little more. Of course, that means someone else will probably be open.

bigzak25
06-10-2005, 10:36 AM
quality post MtBteamWin. :smokin

detroits D was great...but TD was just his steady self and we all saw Manu take over....why Prince was out for so long and not posting up, i dunno...and Sheed didn't post up and attack as much as I thought he would either.

good game. see ya Sunday. Round 2 baby!!! Lets Get it ON!!! :makemyday

DDS4
06-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Pistons became a little unraveled in the second half. Methinks Larry Brown will tighten up the screws next game.

As far as Manu is concerned, there's always an "Oh Shit!!!" moment or two with him every game.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Much heterosexual man love for Ginobli. If i were gay i would do him.

Rummpd
06-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Pistons most likely to get hammered in game 2 = saw nothing out there or in Miami series to make me thing otherwise and I write for Hoopsworld = 95% of writers feel same way there. Losing a 13 point lead and scoring 52 points rest of way means either:

1) they are over-confident of their ability to have a throw away game 1
2) or they are over-hyped.

I believe the later, to me the Spurs are so much deeper and now not only a player for the ages in Duncan but a player in Manu on the verge of superstardom.

Pistons struggled against a Miami team with a hurt Shaq, Wade limited last two games, and James stinking up joint.

No worries.

ambchang
06-10-2005, 11:36 AM
I was impressed with the Pistons' defense. The final score did not indicate how close the game really was, the game could have gone either way up till then end of the 3rd quarter. And that turning point theory? How would you explain the 10-0 by the Pistons? They didn't get deflated or anything, the Spurs simply played better during a tough stretch and prevailed.

nkdlunch
06-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Did Detroit get tired by the end? They spent soooo much energy in the 1st half, even Billups coudn't even breathe when he was being interviewed.

T Park
06-10-2005, 11:51 AM
I dont understand this attitude by Detroit fan, and, the media as a whole.

"We'll make some adjustments and win game 2"

What, you dont think the Spurs will try and adjust to those adjustments, and adjust to some things Detroit did and what the Spurs DIDNT do????

sa_butta
06-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Did Detroit get tired by the end? They spent soooo much energy in the 1st half, even Billups coudn't even breathe when he was being interviewed.I think they lack the engergy of Parker and Ginobili who played pretty equal minutes. I think they were stuned as we came out blasting in the 4th, by then they seemed to have lost a step.

spvrs
06-10-2005, 12:36 PM
Very nice post. I just don't see a spurs fan posting something as cool if the Pistons had won (I know I wouldn't have ;) )

The only think that made me nervous was when Tim was sitting we couldnt get a shot off AT ALL, NOTHING.

E20
06-10-2005, 12:38 PM
TPark, I don't think the Spurs know what kind of adustments Detroit are gonna make judging they have different practice times.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Im tired of hearing the old Detroit beat an injure Shaq and Wade blah blah blah.

Shaq avergaed around the same in the series against the Pistons as he did in the regular season even with his socalled "Injury"

He looked fine to me in game 7. Truth be told he is on the decline, his statistics prove that.

Sure Wade was hurt in game 6 however Detroit had their back against the wall facing elimination at home, they put on a show that was going to happen had Wade played or not.

Game 7 Wade still injured, had a great 3rd quarter but was selfish, shot 0-8 in the fourth and didnt get the ball to Shaq.

My feeling is that he would have done that had he been healthy as well afterall there's a ton of pressure on him as Miami's elite superstar.

So please lets stop with all the Detroit got lucky comments, they are here because they are a good team and the better team. They won 2-3 in the regular season against the heat.

Spurs great game 1, Ginobli converted a lot of Pistons fans into Ginobli fans.

But please this series is anything but over.

TwoHandJam
06-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Game 2 will be telling. The Pistons really lost their momentum after that (bad) call on Ben but they should have known better. Any championship team knows you have to put your head down and play through bad calls. I think they called that on Ben because he bumped Manu on the perimeter without a call and Manu was like wtf? and then he forced the issue. Still a bad call imo.

I expect Det to try and get Sheed involved early next game and if he gets Tim in foul trouble that could really hurt us as we struggle to score without Tim in the game. Detroit let this one get out of control with their lack of focus but I don't think that'll happen next game. Next game is a must win for both teams.

T Park
06-10-2005, 01:03 PM
boy two hand, its amazing how SA won the game according to you....

geerussell
06-10-2005, 01:05 PM
I dont understand this attitude by Detroit fan, and, the media as a whole.

"We'll make some adjustments and win game 2"

What, you dont think the Spurs will try and adjust to those adjustments, and adjust to some things Detroit did and what the Spurs DIDNT do????

I think that attitude is easy to explain. Anyone who has ever watched a playoff series before--and lots of detroit fans and media people have--has seen it happen. There's an ebb and flow to most playoff series as teams adjust to each other.

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Shaq avergaed around the same in the series against the Pistons as he did in the regular season even with his socalled "Injury"

Does that tell you anything. You just scored a point for those that think the pistons aren't that good.

bigbendbruisebrother
06-10-2005, 02:25 PM
I think that attitude is easy to explain. Anyone who has ever watched a playoff series before--and lots of detroit fans and media people have--has seen it happen. There's an ebb and flow to most playoff series as teams adjust to each other.

You underestimate the Spurs ability to adapt to teams' styles and to their adjustments. You're right about MOST series having ebb and flow, but Rummpd is right (above post). The Spurs are the better team. For the Pistons, its just ebb and ebb from here on in.

Regarding Billups, every single team the Spurs have faced in the playoffs have made a similar statement regarding making things tougher for Ginobili (Seattle went as far as to try to hurt him), but here's the thing about the Spurs--if you focus on one player, someone else (usually Duncan, Parker, Horry or Nazr on the weakside) will light you up. It's like Jujitsu. Whatever force you apply will be channeled back at you.

As far as game two goes, the Spurs won't start off rusty, and their defense will be stifling. Spurs by 20 points. Mark it.

May_The_Best_Team_Win
06-11-2005, 11:08 AM
How did i score a point????????????
I said he score as much in the playoffs as his season average, my point was i am doubting that his injury really affected his game play as he posted the same kind of #'s he did in the regular season when he was healthy.

He is on the decline. Bottom line.