PDA

View Full Version : Try Caron Butler in Game 4?

Darth_Pelican
06-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Dress him out and give him some minutes in game 4? Dirk is getting no help. What do you have to lose?

DMC
06-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Dress him out and give him some minutes in game 4? Dirk is getting no help. What do you have to lose?

The Finals

They lost by 2 points. No need to change up the rotation. Execute on offense and get stops.

Darth_Pelican
06-05-2011, 10:32 PM
The Finals

They are already losing that without him being dressed.

Isitjustme?
06-05-2011, 10:32 PM
I'd favor Beaubois over him at this point

frodo
06-05-2011, 10:33 PM
suit up Findog imho, he'd do better than peja/JJB at least imho

pass1st
06-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Current lineup needs to be tweeked, might help. Worth a shot, they could also play Kidd more instead of Barea.

frodo
06-05-2011, 10:35 PM
yeah Roddy da x-factor. we counting on our french allah now, he be da savoir. have faith in him

Reck
06-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Really? Just throw him in there?

He must be rusty as shit. I dont see him making a big impact at this point.

The ship has sailed for "tweaking" your team.

You got what you got.

DMC
06-05-2011, 10:53 PM
They are already losing that without him being dressed.
This isn't the beginning of the season. You are playing the finest team in the NBA. Putting a rusty player in who isn't conditioned at all into a Finals game when it's 2-1 is panic mode. Some of you shouldn't even assistant coach little league.

crc21209
06-05-2011, 11:16 PM
I think it might be too late to throw him out there now. That would be asking too much of him....

pass1st
06-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Really gotta just bench Barea, those floaters aren't going to work against the Heat like they did against LAL

Ghazi
06-05-2011, 11:20 PM
try Brewer maybe.

we only need 5-10 minutes anyway.

Ice009
06-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Is he OK health wise?

I said it last week before the finals started that he should have been in uniform as a 12th man, like Haslem was for the Heat, until he got his chance and showed that he can contribute, and moved himself up in the rotation. They could have played him in game 1 when it was out of reach to get some of the rust off and see what he had.

btw Dirk played his ass off again, but Jason Terry and those other guys didn't show up again. When is Dallas going to learn that these guys SUCK?

Also, I am just not sure about the defense of the Mavs. I don't like zone defenses and they can't seem to get stops on demand. I'd always give the edge to a team that plays defense and can get consecutive stops when the offense isn't there.

DMC
06-05-2011, 11:33 PM
You guys are in full meltdown panic mode. Trust your team, sit back and enjoy the game. You are down 1 game. There's lots of ball left to play. If the Mavs go back to Miami up 3-2, the pressure is on Miami big time and they aren't much better at home than anywhere else.

florige
06-06-2011, 12:55 AM
jjb/peja are straight up scared and of no use to us..it wouldn't be a panic move, those 2 gotta go.

Peja is nothing more than a spot shooter at this point. JJB isn't bad I think. He missed a few open shots tonight, but I still think he is better than a rusty Butler. What Dallas needs is Hayward back.

florige
06-06-2011, 12:59 AM
You guys are in full meltdown panic mode. Trust your team, sit back and enjoy the game. You are down 1 game. There's lots of ball left to play. If the Mavs go back to Miami up 3-2, the pressure is on Miami big time and they aren't much better at home than anywhere else.

And like Dirk said, they need to stop falling so far behind early so they won't have to always exert all that energy into trying to come back.

100%duncan
06-06-2011, 01:18 AM
The Finals

They lost by 2 points. No need to change up the rotation. Execute on offense and get stops.

this

mavsfan1000
06-06-2011, 01:59 AM
Heat won this series already imo. Just accept the fact. Game was 3 was huge.

mavsfan1000
06-06-2011, 02:07 AM
What we need is Stevenson to play more minutes and Barea to play less minutes. Oh and we need Haywood as well.

jjktkk
06-06-2011, 02:08 AM
anything would be better than peja. if you won't bring back caron than play roddy/brewer, do SOMETHING. but peja can't ever see the court again this series, no way. dude is SCARED shitless out there.

WTF happened to Brewer? No burn at all. Is he in Carlisle's doghouse?

mavsfan1000
06-06-2011, 02:17 AM
I really have no idea..organization is just bizarre at times. Im
Not really sure who to blame
Blame "The Decision".

100%duncan
06-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Heat won this series already imo. Just accept the fact. Game was 3 was huge.

there goes your faggy jinx

Ice009
06-06-2011, 02:20 AM
What we need is Stevenson to play more minutes and Barea to play less minutes. Oh and we need Haywood as well.

That's definitely a good idea. He's someone that at least plays defense consistently. Jason Terry and some of those other guys sucked on both ends. If they're going to miss all their shots you might as well play Stevenson because then it at least might make it harder for them to score.

Bruce Bowen never used to score a lot, but we always had him out there for his defense and he was also able to hit lot of clutch shots. Maybe Stevenson can do something similar if given the chance. No point in having guys like Barea and Terry out there who aren't very good on defense and then have them also bricking shots giving you basically nothing and making easier for Miami.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 02:22 AM
I think the mavs need another athletes or two out on the court to keep up with the heat; whether this entails more Stevenson/less JJB/Jet/Kidd, more Brewer less JJB/Jet/Kidd, or Caron Butler and less JJB/Jett/Kidd if I was Carlslisle I would make a move.

mavsfan1000
06-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Kidd sucked at guarding Wade. Totally mismatch in speed. You gotta have Stevenson out there more. Even at end of games. I would say especially at end of games as that is the time Wade likes to dominate the ball. Kidd is just not lively enough to bother Wade.

TJastal
06-06-2011, 02:25 AM
Kidd sucked at guarding Wade. Totally mismatch in speed. You gotta have Stevenson out there more. Even at end of games. I would say especially at end of games as that is the time Wade likes to dominate the ball. Kidd is just not lively enough to bother Wade.

Maybe have Terry playing point guard in key situations with Stevenson. I don't think its pertinent that Jason Kidd be on the floor at all times, do you?

said7
06-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Heat win next game, game 5 Caron is inserted in desperate Mavs Win. Game 6 it's all over.

I-Ball
06-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Maybe have Terry playing point guard in key situations with Stevenson. I don't think its pertinent that Jason Kidd be on the floor at all times, do you?

i don't trust terry's ballhandling. heat would force turnovers and kill the mavs in transition.

mavsfan1000
06-06-2011, 01:40 PM
i don't trust terry's ballhandling. heat would force turnovers and kill the mavs in transition.
How about Kidd, Stevenson, Marion, Nowitzki, and Chandler. Why does Terry always have to be playing?

lefty
06-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Although he hasnt played in a long time, why not?

Look at a key game 3 stat: points in the paint

Miami destroyed Dallas in that area

mavsfan1000
06-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Although he hasnt played in a long time, why not?

Look at a key game 3 stat: points in the paint

Miami destroyed Dallas in that area
And Butler's lame jumpshots helps this by...?

lefty
06-06-2011, 01:45 PM
And Butler's lame jumpshots helps this by...?
I thought he could go to the rim :D

mavsfan1000
06-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I thought he could go to the rim :D
He was awful against your spurs in last years playoffs if you don't remember. It's like an addition by subtraction without him.

Phillip
06-06-2011, 02:18 PM
The Mavs need to play Cardinal, not Peja. Cardinal is Bruce Bowen-like with the corner 3, he rarely misses those, and he actually will play hard on defense, hustle, and get physical. I see him guarding Bosh 1000000 times better than Peja. And at least Cardinal wont keep dribbling himself into trouble like Peja has been doing when ran off the 3.

I've been a big Peja supporter, but with him not hitting his 3s, this series is a bad matchup for him.

lefty
06-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Mavs fans, what do you think of playing Corey Brewer?

clambake
06-06-2011, 02:36 PM
keep the same rotation and knock it off with the fucking turnovers.

Phillip
06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
how the fuck could cardinal be better than butler? butler at like 50% >>>> cardinal. and it's not like cardinal has been part of the rotation, working him in is the same thing as working butler back in all of the sudden.

1. Butler hasn't even been cleared for full contact practices. He is obviously not ready at all.

2. Butler is a rhythm scorer. Cardinal is a hustle player. It's a hell of a lot different trying to incorporate a rhythm scorer, as opposed to a hustler.

IMO, Carlisle needs to change how he does his rotations. Hollinger actually wrote an article pretty much reflecting what I've been thinking... the Mavs are pulling Dirk too soon in each half. They need to wait to sub him out when Miami subs in a scrub like Juwan Howard, and then let Peja or whomever they want to back Dirk up, play against an opposing scrub. I saw a ridiculous stat showing that the Mavs have been outscored by 31 in the 20 minutes that Dirk has sat in the series, which means the Mavs have unquestionably outplayed Miami while Dirk is in the game, considering Miami has only outscored Dallas by a total of 8 points in the entire series.

An interesting idea Hollinger had, was instead of subbing Peja in for Dirk, sub in Stevenson and move Marion to the 4 for the few minutes Dirk is out. IMO this would work considering the Heat always have either Haslem or Anthony in the game, and both are only like 6'8, definitely managable for Marion for those few minutes. He has held his own pretty well against Bosh as well.

DMC
06-06-2011, 05:39 PM
You cannot rotate a team out of the choke that their franchise is famous for. They have to get themselves out.

Ice009
06-08-2011, 08:41 PM
That's definitely a good idea. He's someone that at least plays defense consistently. Jason Terry and some of those other guys sucked on both ends. If they're going to miss all their shots you might as well play Stevenson because then it at least might make it harder for them to score.

Bruce Bowen never used to score a lot, but we always had him out there for his defense and he was also able to hit lot of clutch shots. Maybe Stevenson can do something similar if given the chance. No point in having guys like Barea and Terry out there who aren't very good on defense and then have them also bricking shots giving you basically nothing and making easier for Miami.

I watched game 4 yesterday and liked that Stevenson played more in crunch time. Good call to play him more. I really think he needs a chance out there. He's your version of Bruce Bowen. I don't really know if he is as clutch as Bruce who made lots of timely shots, but you never know unless he gets that chance out there. He may very well make some big plays on offense too but he needs a chance to be able to do that and not sitting on the bench.

You can't really have Kidd, Terry and Barea out there guarding Lebron and Wade with the game on the line. I don't think any of those combinations will work.

DMC
06-10-2011, 02:03 AM
Now that you on again off again "fans" are where I said you would be, maybe you can stop with the ignorant suggestions.