PDA

View Full Version : Coach K Spurs/Pistons commercials spot on

NeoConIV
06-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Props to Amex. Great spots. The NBA needs more of these types of commericals.

Develop as a player, develop as a student, develop as a human being.

They can play those commercials as much as they want in my book. Never gets old.

SouthernFried
06-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Good commercial...but, I think the priorities are a little outta whack. Shouldn't it be exactly reversed?

Develop as a human being, develop as a student, develop as a player?

stmfuller
06-10-2005, 10:46 AM
It's a basketball commerical...
So they've got it right.
If you're into basketball, you don't want someone to tell you basketball isn't everything.

I'm sure that's why the order is the way it is.

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 10:51 AM
I hate coach k. You know he secretly thinks he's better then you and me. I think it's a bit unfair having those commericals in a recruiting kind of way.

Did I mention that I hate duke and the acc?

I'm just a disgruntled iowa hawkeye fan. :depressed

stmfuller
06-10-2005, 10:52 AM
What's the deal with "Coach K's" mouth...it's like a cartoon.

Useruser666
06-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Now I know why he didn't want to coach Kobe. How could he have developed him as a person?

SWC Bonfire
06-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Well, he got paid a fat amount of cash for those commercials. His players better get a good education and/or high draft pick out of him, because that's all they'll see from their end of the deal.

You would hope that his players would develop as a student, don't they know they're at one of the best schools in the country? It ain't exactly UNLV.

combs84
06-10-2005, 11:00 AM
These are perhaps the worst commericals ever made. if I have to hear Coach K say hes not just a basketball coach but a leader, I'm going to puke. Its like Duke is recruiting during the freakin NBA games!!

myhc
06-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I thought this thread was a joke but I guess some of you were serious. Its an absolute joke. This is essentially a tool to attract more top recruits, like Duke needed that anyway. And Coach K says "my life isn't about playing games" but what the hell is he doing promoting a freaking credit card disguised as some heartfealt message about how much of a god-like character he is?

Develop as a player? Develop as a student? Develop as a human being? Damn who would have ever thought of that? That's why everybody hates Duke.

MrChug
06-10-2005, 11:31 AM
I hate coach k. You know he secretly thinks he's better then you and me. I think it's a bit unfair having those commericals in a recruiting kind of way.

Did I mention that I hate duke and the acc?

I'm just a disgruntled iowa hawkeye fan. :depressed

Definately a recruiting advantage...I know if MY son was getting offers from tons of schools, I'd definately think "That Coach K is going to take care of my boy!!"

ambchang
06-10-2005, 11:39 AM
But what does that has to do with AMEX?

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 11:40 AM
But what does that has to do with AMEX?

I believe AMEX = American Express