PDA

View Full Version : [Speculation] Dwight Howard to the Celtics?

djohn2oo8
06-06-2011, 07:58 AM
The three-time Defensive Player of the Year can opt out of his contract at the end of next season, and there is speculation that he could join the Lakers, Bulls, or even the Celtics, who could have salary cap space then with the contracts of Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen expiring.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2011/06/05/riley_hasnt_lost_a_step_behind_scenes_in_miami/?page=5

Mal
06-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Celtics arent good place for him. They could have a shoot for championship in his 1st year there with very old big 3, but then he will play with Rondo as his 2nd best guy. As we know Rondo sucks. Nets or Orlando (with buyout of Arenas, Hedo) are better options for him

ohmwrecker
06-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Saying shit like "Rondo sucks" does not help you in being taken seriously.

Mal
06-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Saying shit like "Rondo sucks" does not help you in being taken seriously.

Rondo calling himself best PG is a joke. He has no offensive game at all. He can score only by layup. He cant shoot 3s, or mid range jumper even FTs. He can set offense where he has plenty guys to pass to. With Howard requiring good spacing, having Rondo would kill such team. C`s played a lot better with Delonte on the floor. And Rondo is sticked to C`s for good.

Howard playing together with Deron or CP3 would be a nightmare. Put there 2 guys with 3pt range, good team D, solid coach, and you can compete with Heat.

pass1st
06-06-2011, 04:19 PM
He's going to whoever has the assets to make a trade. If Howard wants to go he's a nice enough guy to give the Magic a chance to trade him. Knicks and Lakers seem the only teams that appeal to Howard and have the trade assets to get him.

Darthkiller
06-06-2011, 04:28 PM
nah, amare for dwight imo

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
I don't know if this NBA Forum could survive Howard going to the Lakers. This place barely survived Gasol going there.

LnGrrrR
06-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't see Howard going to the Celtics, though if they did, my Dad would immediately buy season tickets even though he lives 2 hours away. :lol

TJastal
06-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Rondo and Howard would make a great tandem because Rondo is one the best in the league at throwing the ally, and teams have to honor his penetration leaving their bigs at his (and Howard's) mercy. The inability to extend the floor for Howard is way overstated and wouldn't be that much of an issue. First off, the celtic probably wouldn't run their offense exclusively through Howard in the post anyway, it would be going through other guys. Plus Howard's post game isn't all that great anyway (skill wise) if he's matched up against bigs that he can't just push around. So yet another reason the spacing issue becomes even more irrelevant.

SourCandy
06-06-2011, 05:09 PM
he's going to the lakers case closed http://i52.tinypic.com/a9yfib.gif

DMC
06-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Top talent goes to top markets. Only draft picks go to small markets. No one wants to live in Boston.

It's NBA 101. Look it up.