PDA

View Full Version : Lebron is the new Pippen/Kobe

RsxPiimp
06-06-2011, 10:35 AM
No point denying that now. I just checked Wades NBA Finals stats and in 9 games he averages

33 PPG 8 Rebs 4 Apg (52% FG) best since Jordan

Lebron while being a beast defensively as he likes to put it :lol averages:

21 PPG 7 RPG 6 APG

and to put the nail in the coffin, Lebron has shot 3/11 during these last 3 games in the 4th quarter against the Mavs. It must be depressing for a two time MVP and a former 1st pick take a backseat and ride the 5th pick in the same draft coattails. :lol

Banzai
06-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Wade>Lebron confirmed.

RsxPiimp
06-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Actually I take it back, at this point compared to Kobe first 7 NBA Finals games, Lebron doesn't even have a hallmark Finals game. The 21 y/o Kobe at least had a memorable Game 4 in the NBA finals, pulling the Lakers to a win when Shaq was fouled out in the 4th.

Let's proceed.

ChrisRichards
06-06-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm not gonna lie, Lebron has been disappointing in the Finals so far. But as a Heat fan, this doesnt matter as long as we win the series.

More importantly however is I'm happy for Wade. He deserves this shine one more time. He was the first one that brought the franchise a title and he's the main reason why Lebron and Bosh are in S. Beach.

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm not gonna lie, Lebron has been disappointing in the Finals so far.

:rolleyes

lefty
06-06-2011, 01:59 PM
I dont think LBJ is better than Wade and vice-versa

During the ECF, people were saying Lebron is better than Wade

It's a matchup thing.
Plus, Wade was born to rape the Mavs

Bill_Brasky
06-06-2011, 02:01 PM
LeBron isn't there without Wade.

Wade isn't there without LeBron.

As long as the Heat win, nobody will be able to say shit. That's the beauty of it all.

namlook
06-06-2011, 02:03 PM
LOL at these threads. Kobe has won 5 rings with only one Hall of Famer (or potential Hall of Famer) on his team. Kobe is the only player in NBA history winning five rings with only one other Hall of Famer on his team when he won his rings. Everyone else with 5 or more rings had two or more Hall of Famers helping them including Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Russell...etc

When Wade wins four more and Lebron wins five with just the two of them and no Bosh they will match what Kobe has done.

crc21209
06-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I dont think LBJ is better than Wade and vice-versa

During the ECF, people were saying Lebron is better than Wade

It's a matchup thing.
Plus, Wade was born to rape the Mavs

+1, end of argument. Every team in the league would kill to have just 1 of those guys, let alone both of them....

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2011, 02:08 PM
LOL at these threads. Kobe has won 5 rings with only one Hall of Famer (or potential Hall of Famer) on his team. Kobe is the only player in NBA history winning five rings with only one other Hall of Famer on his team when he won his rings. Everyone else with 5 or more rings had two or more Hall of Famers helping them including Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Russell...etc

When Wade wins four more and Lebron wins five with just the two of them and no Bosh they will match what Kobe has done.

Kobe has had 2 HOFers in their primes, including a top 10 player with a top 5 peak..stop, please..

namlook
06-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Kobe has had 2 HOFers in their primes..stop, please..

Not at the same time he didn't. Kobe has only had ONE hall of famer on his team at any given time when he won five championships. No one else can say this. Jordan had two at the same time for three of his rings. Magic had two at the same time for most of his rings. Same with Kareem. Russell had a team filled with HOFers. Kobe is the only player in NBA history who has won five rings with only one Hall Of Famer on his team each year he won his rings.

Axe Murderer
06-06-2011, 02:12 PM
( potential Hall of Famer)

lol @ Shaq being a "potential" Hall of Famer

namlook
06-06-2011, 02:14 PM

I'm talking about Gasol there.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Rodman wasn't a HOF-level player during the 2nd 3-peat..he couldn't even make an All-Star team, yet he was a HOF level talent:lol..

If you're going to use that kind of logic, then you could say that Kobe lost with 4 HOFers, in the Finals, to a team with 0 HOFers..flawed logic..

It's also relative to competition, obviously..Magic had stacked teams, but he also played against stacked teams..

TheNextGen
06-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Jordan had a top 50 player in Pippen. Where Kobe's top 50 sidekick?

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Jordan needed a top 50 sidekick, while Kobe was the top 50 sidekick for the majority of his rings..

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Jordan needed a top 50 sidekick, while Kobe was the top 50 sidekick for the majority of his rings..

& don't ferget Jordan needed Barkley to screw the pooch in '93 opening up Paxson for that three.

Watch Barkley at 1:20 get his reckless on. That's triggers the dominoes to fall ending with Paxson by himself.

GnAr4I3-Z48

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Me so f'in' horny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isitjustme?
06-06-2011, 02:44 PM
& don't ferget Jordan needed Barkley to screw the pooch in '93 opening up Paxson for that three.

Watch Barkley at 1:20 get his reckless on. That's triggers the dominoes to fall ending with Paxson by himself.

GnAr4I3-Z48

No one remembers that old man. All they remember is MJ averaging like 45 points a game for that series.

Isitjustme?
06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
What I mean is people remember the Paxson shot but they don't remember it in the context of "Jordan got lucky because Phoenix screwed up. Dude had the best Finals ever; thats what gets remembered."

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 02:46 PM
No one remembers that old man. All they remember is him averaging like 45 points a game for that series.

No. In that series the Suns had handled MJ quite splendidly in fact.

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
What I mean is people remember the Paxson shot but they don't remember it in the context of "Jordan got lucky because Phoenix screwed up. Dude had the best Finals ever; thats what gets remembered."

& I understand the popular drivel. Nobody condemned Barkley for his recklessness. That was not spoken of. Paxson just got that open by osmosis. :rolleyes

Isitjustme?
06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
He averaged like 43 points. He murdered them single handedly. Handled him splendidly wtf? gmafb :dizzy

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 02:50 PM
He murdered them single handedly.

Thanks to Barkley & then Paxson.

Ace
06-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Not at the same time he didn't. Kobe has only had ONE hall of famer on his team at any given time when he won five championships. No one else can say this. Jordan had two at the same time for three of his rings. Magic had two at the same time for most of his rings. Same with Kareem. Russell had a team filled with HOFers. Kobe is the only player in NBA history who has won five rings with only one Hall Of Famer on his team each year he won his rings.

Kobe was carried to the last and wasn't the man in the first 3. You can take his dick out your mouth now...

ohmwrecker
06-06-2011, 03:45 PM
If LeBron continues to ride Wade's coattails he has a very decent chance of being the next Pippen. He can't be the next Kobe unless he rides Dwight Howard's coattails.

ambchang
06-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks to Barkley & then Paxson.

Just like Divacs & then Horry.

Your point?

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Just like Divacs & then Horry.

Your point?

Jordan couldn't do squat till Pippen helped him.

Isitjustme?
06-06-2011, 04:05 PM

Are you really this stupid or is this an act?

Bill_Brasky
06-06-2011, 04:05 PM

GnAr4I3-Z48

So then Kobe and Shaq got lucky that Webber strayed from Horry.....yep they won that title only because of Horry, Kobe and Shaq were just along for the ride.

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 04:07 PM
So then Kobe and Shaq got lucky that Webber strayed from Horry

Damn rights.

Isitjustme?
06-06-2011, 04:07 PM
So then Kobe and Shaq got lucky that Webber strayed from Horry.....yep they won that title only because of Horry, Kobe and Shaq were just along for the ride.

Don't forget Grant/Horry's awesome defense on Sheed in the fourth quarter of game seven the year before. Forced the guy into an o'fer that period.

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Are you really this stupid or is this an act?

I'm just using your caca against ya.

What's good for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Let us proceed...

Nathan89
06-06-2011, 04:19 PM
& don't forget Kobe/Shaq needed the refs to cheat entire series to win some rings. You think I forgot how Kobe got 5:::nah uh I won't forget and that's another reason why Tim Duncan is better than Kobe.

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 04:26 PM
& don't forget Kobe/Shaq needed the refs to cheat entire series to win some rings. You think I forgot how Kobe got 5:::nah uh I won't forget and that's another reason why Tim Duncan is better than Kobe.

That's fine with me. I don't qualify rings, yours or mine. I simply tote 'em up.

Kobe: 5

tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

ambchang
06-06-2011, 05:09 PM

I thought you were talking how Barkley helped Jordan. Which one is it? Or is both true?

And Gasol couldn't do squat till Kobe helped him. Therefore, Gasol to Jordan :: Kobe to Pippen.

Works for me.

BTW, why the hell are we talking about Kobe here? I thought the finals are going on.

ambchang
06-06-2011, 05:11 PM
That's fine with me. I don't qualify rings, yours or mine. I simply tote 'em up.

Weren't you qualifying Jordan's rings with the Barkley/Paxson comment? If not, what was your point?

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 05:11 PM
BTW, why the hell are we talking about Kobe here?

Because:::

that's why.

Giuseppe
06-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Weren't you qualifying Jordan's rings with the Barkley/Paxson comment? If not, what was your point?

That Barkley fucked up.

DMC
06-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Although he was talking about Gasol, Shaq is a potential HOFer. He's not a current HOFer, so he's a potential HOFer. I would call him a lock, top vote getter when it happens, but it's currently "potential".

Idiot.

dunkman
06-06-2011, 07:19 PM
While LeBron doesn't lack batman talent as Kobe and Pippen, his "Wilanders" shrink at the least opportune moment when he should be at his best. Wade was always a beast in the playoffs, since his rookie season.

Bill_Brasky
06-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Although he was talking about Gasol, Shaq is a potential HOFer. He's not a current HOFer, so he's a potential HOFer. I would call him a lock, top vote getter when it happens, but it's currently "potential".

Idiot.

Shaq is going into the HOF without question. "Potential" HOFers are guys who have done some really great things, but haven't established themselves as a dominant player of their generation and haven't quite accomplished the MVP's, All-Star selections, rings, All-NBA 1st teams, All-Defensive teams, yadda yadda that they need to get to be considered great.

Shaq did that and more, which is why he is a lock for the HOF.

namlook
06-07-2011, 04:08 AM
Rodman wasn't a HOF-level player during the 2nd 3-peat..he couldn't even make an All-Star team, yet he was a HOF level talent:lol..

Bullshit. You need to learn context and the nuances of NBA history. Rodman is not in the HOF because of all-star game appearances, so for you to say he was not even an all-star with the Bulls shows you to be a bit clueless. He only made two all-star game appearances in his career. The real story is Rodman led the league in rebounding each of those three championship seasons with the Bulls and led the league in rebounding an incredible 7 years in a row, an NBA record. And he was only 6'6". No one dominated the boards for that many years in a row, not Wilt, not Kareem, not Russell and definately not Shaq who never led the NBA in rebounds per game in even one season.

6'6" and he grabbed a ridiculous 18.7 boards in a season in the modern era. That's just nasty and sick.

erikuff
06-07-2011, 05:31 AM

that's why.

horry: 7

horry> kobe & duncan?
:toast

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 05:34 AM
horry: 7

horry> kobe & duncan?
:toast

Fine. You use that one.

I'm stickin' to:::

It's never failed me since Pierce settled back on Artest almost a year ago this time.

ambchang
06-07-2011, 08:50 AM
That Barkley fucked up.

So did Divac. How does that relate to the thread?

ambchang
06-07-2011, 08:51 AM

that's why.

And Pippen: 6.

So the more rings you get the bigger a coattail rider you are? Is that what you are getting at?

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 09:22 AM
So did Divac. How does that relate to the thread?

Oh, we're following Thread rules, all-the-sudden.

All ya had to do was tell a niqqa.

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 09:23 AM
And Pippen: 6.

So the more rings you get the bigger a coattail rider you are? Is that what you are getting at?

You take the Pippen one. I'm sticking with:::

& that, Amb, is just the way it's gonna be, daddy.

ambchang
06-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Oh, we're following Thread rules, all-the-sudden.

All ya had to do was tell a niqqa.

Not rules in particular, just didn't know where you were coming from. I mean, talks about Lebron being a 2nd banana, and then all of a sudden, you start talking about Barkley making a mistake. It's just so random. I mean, it would be kinda odd for me to suddenly talk about the 04 Finals in this thread for no reason whatsoever, it doesn't relate to the conversation, and doesn't add value at all.

I am just curious, that's all.

You take the Pippen one. I'm sticking with:::

& that, Amb, is just the way it's gonna be, daddy.

So Kobe is the greater coattailer?

I am not sure how Duncan coattailed his way to 4 rings, he won Finals MVP in 3 of them.

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 10:05 AM
I am not sure how Duncan coattailed his way to 4 rings, he won Finals MVP in 3 of them.

I don't do MVPs, xyz's, COY, ROY, any of that silly shit. I do rings, Amb. I do:::

retired old shit bag Daddy: 4

That's what I do.

+, you can't stop me.

NRHector
06-07-2011, 10:07 AM
I don't do MVPs, xyz's, COY, ROY, any of that silly shit. I do rings, Amb. I do:::

That's what I do.

+, you can't stop me.damn, you are funny

dunkman
06-07-2011, 10:07 AM
But how he batman ???

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 10:08 AM
damn, you are funny

Bend over. I'll show ya f'in' funny.

:lol

NRHector
06-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Bend over. I'll show ya f'in' funny.

:lol:wow

ambchang
06-07-2011, 10:21 AM

That's what I do.

+, you can't stop me.

Don't worry too much, I am not stopping you. I actually enjoy reading the same posts over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Especially when the post have absolutely nothing to do with the thread whatsoever. I mean, this is what Spurstalk is all about!

I also like to put a lot of emphasis of a person's sole argument in comparing Kobe, Shaq and Duncan is the same person who admits that Horry, Pippen and Sam Jones are better than/just as good as Jordan and Kareem using the same argument. I really do.

Please continue.

Or let's proceed.

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 10:50 AM
^No. Amb. This is The NBA Forum.

ElNono
06-07-2011, 12:39 PM

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 12:49 PM

:rolleyes

NRHector
06-07-2011, 01:00 PM