PDA

View Full Version : Why does Kidd guard Wade?

NewcastleKEG
06-06-2011, 05:03 PM
I know he did well against Kobe but is Terry that useless on Defense?

Ginobilly
06-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Terry/Barea are too small, Marion and Kidd are not quick enough, and Stevenson is dumb, therefore Wade is like a kid in a candy store against the Mavs.

Ginobilly
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
If I was the Mavs, I would put Marion on Wade(just to try to change things up) and double him hard anytime in the 3rd and 4th Q. Try to make any other Heat player beat you except Wade.

NewcastleKEG
06-06-2011, 05:20 PM
If I was the Mavs, I would put Marion on Wade(just to try to change things up) and double him hard anytime in the 3rd and 4th Q. Try to make any other Heat player beat you except Wade.
Agreed. James has shown he prefers to run the point forward position.

Kidd on Wade is not working right now

ogait
06-06-2011, 05:59 PM

We already saw some of that in game 1 where the Mavs started with Marion on Wade and Stevenson on Lebron.

It ends up being worse imo because Marion matches up better against Lebron than Wade. Plus who else on that team can even remotely try to guard lebron besides Marion?

The only adjustment I could see them trying in their rotation is to increase Stevenson minutes a bit when Kidd is resting at the cost of some of JJ Barea's minutes to help them be better defensively and not fall back so much on the score as they have. Have Terry at the point during those minutes.

If things work out well maybe Jason Kidd doesn't have to play almost 37 minutes a game and still defend probably the most explosive player in the league.

Dex
06-06-2011, 06:15 PM
I know he did well against Kobe but is Terry that useless on Defense?

Did you see the end of Game 2?

Findog
06-06-2011, 06:27 PM
I do like that idea of giving Barea's minutes to Terry, and run a Terry-Stevenson backcourt with Marion on the floor. Terry gives you another option offensively and you can get Marion and Stevenson together. Barea has sucked ass in this series.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Marion matches up well with Lebron from a physical standpoint, so logically, it obviously makes sense to match them up..Marion would be too slow against Wade..

Stevenson could probably guard Wade a little better, but then you lose a lot on the offensive end..

As I said before, Mavs might be the favorites if they had Caron Butler..Wade would obviously have a tougher time vs. Butler/Marion, and Lebron is already having a tougher time than usual..

Chicago was the only team that had the personnel to put a good defender on both James and Wade at the same time..maybe Boston, too..

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 06:55 PM
I think the bigger question is why is the OP such a welshing faggot?

Ace
06-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I think the bigger question is why is the OP such a welshing faggot?

Being that he is a faggot, its only natural that he's a welsher. They go hand and hand tbh...

frodo
06-06-2011, 07:18 PM
true tbh, JET is such a weapon at the offensive end but he's nothing other than a liability in defense tbf. kidd is their 3rd best defender (or arguably the 2nd best above marion, TC be DA best w/o no doubt), with marion matching up with bron kidd is naturally assigned to guard wade. its one terrible defensive strategy though, wade be too damn quick for kidd imho. in the WCF kidd handled westbrook well but wade is quite a different player. brewer & stevenson both can do a better job guarding wade imho