PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson: LeBron, Wade ''Great Actors''

LakerHater
06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Mavs' Stevenson: LeBron, Wade ''Great Actors''

06/06 3:20 PM
Foul or not, Dallas Mavericks guard DeShawn Stevenson said Miami Heat stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade do a better job of selling calls than most.

DALLAS -- Foul or not, Dallas Mavericks guard DeShawn Stevenson said Miami Heat stars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade do a better job of selling calls than most.
"They're great actors and they sell it," Stevenson said Monday afternoon. "That's what they're supposed to do."

The Mavericks' struggles guarding James and Wade through three games of the NBA Finals are only heightened by their acting, Stevenson added. Miami leads the series 2-1 going into the second of three games at American Airlines Center on Tuesday night.

When it comes to James and Wade flying through the lane, Stevenson said the Mavericks' tendency to send a message is muted.

"We've got to take hard fouls," Stevenson said, "but if you touch them they're so dramatic you might get a flagrant 2."

Stevenson added that a hard foul could lead to not just a flagrant foul, but a suspension. Wade is averaging 29 points in the series, with James scoring 20.3.

"It just makes it tough," Stevenson continued. "They put a lot of pressure on us. If you do one little thing it's going to be magnified to a big ordeal. I think when they go up and do the dunks, if you take a hard foul, the outcome is going to be pretty bad."

Perhaps the Mavericks are holding back, but it's not as if Wade and James are wearing out the line. Wade has 21 free throws in the Finals, an average of seven per game. (He shot 97 against Dallas in the 2006 Finals -- an average of 16.2 per game.) James only has 10 free throws, while Chris Bosh has attempted 21.

The Mavericks are actually getting the benefit of the whistles, going to the charity stripe 80 times through the first three games. The Heat have taken 65 free throws total. Dirk Nowitzki leads both teams with 24 free throw attempts. Tyson Chandler has taken 17 and Jason Terry has 16.

Mavericks forward Shawn Marion has spent much of the series guarding James, and agrees somewhat with Stevenson.

"There was a couple of them where I thought they acted, but I'm just trying to play," Marion said. "I'm not trying to get caught up with that. If that's how he feels, that's how he feels."

This isn't the first time Stevenson has called out James. They've got a feud going back to the 2008 playoffs when James' Cleveland Cavaliers eliminated Stevenson and the Washington Wizards for the second straight year. Stevenson called James "overrated."

As for Stevenson's "great actors" accusation, an agitated Wade took the high road.

"I have no comment on that," Wade said. "We'll talk about that at the end of the series."
Art Garcia is a reporter for ESPNDallas.com.

Ace
06-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Article for a scrub? Crying like a bitch even when Dallas has the ft advantage...

Killakobe81
06-06-2011, 05:40 PM
This might be the fuel Lebron needed to "breakout" this Finals ...I expect Lebron to go "off" next game ... and no, it doesnt mean he has to take 30 shots ...if wade is ballin'.

djohn2oo8
06-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Stevenson is a pretty good actor himself

crc21209
06-06-2011, 06:00 PM
His teammate Barea is up for the worst flopper award IMO. At least Wade and LeBron sell a foul when there is at least some contact, unlike Barea who acts like he's been shot when a guy barely lays a finger on him....:lol

lurker
06-06-2011, 06:08 PM
His teammate Barea is up for the worst flopper award IMO. At least Wade and LeBron sell a foul when there is at least some contact, unlike Barea who acts like he's been shot when a guy barely lays a finger on him....:lol
http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/lebron-flop-3.gif

pass1st
06-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Might as well kick the ball and call it soccer

redzero
06-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Might as well kick the ball and call it soccer

It would be very hard to put the ball in the basket, then. Steve Nash would become best player in the game.

Spurs da champs
06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Dirk is by far the best actor. And why is he even complaining James and Wade haven't got any calls in the Finals so far.

Findog
06-06-2011, 06:29 PM
You should shut up when you're behind 2-1.

Axe Murderer
06-06-2011, 06:31 PM
he's right about one thing. With them going up as aggressive as they do for dunks, they are gonna take a nasty fall if fouled.

but all you got to do is keep your hands up while making a play for the ball and it won't be a flagrant.

lefty
06-06-2011, 06:39 PM
The last time DS opened his big mouth about LeBron during the playoffs, we know what happened.

James destroyed Washington

redzero
06-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Didn't Stevenson learn his lesson in 08? He should stop running his mouth about LeBron.

Axe Murderer
06-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Didn't Stevenson learn his lesson in 08?

he actually played pretty well in that series

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Lincoln, NIGGA

DAF86
06-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Bump's sig is classic :lol

DMC
06-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Well we've seen MJ in movies. We know he cannot act.

GuerillaBlack
06-06-2011, 11:28 PM
You should shut up when you're behind 2-1.

All this talk coming from the Mavs players is just showing that they're scared and are panicking. I expect a blowout in Miami's favor tomorrow. Mavs will win Game 5 though.

Fabbs
06-06-2011, 11:40 PM
brunet pic
Guerilla who is the brunet with the tasty hind?