PDA

View Full Version : Dirk calls out Jason Terry

tlongII
06-06-2011, 06:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6632035

DALLAS -- Dirk Nowitzki needs scoring help and he knows teammate Jason Terry has yet to deliver in the NBA Finals.

Terry, the Dallas Mavericks' charismatic sixth man who likes to bust out his arms like airplane wings after he makes 3-pointers and prides himself on cold-blooded shooting in the clutch, has found little breathing room with Miami Heat forward LeBron James shutting him out of the late-game offense.

"They keep sticking him [James] on Jet in the fourth quarters and he's been doing a good job," Nowitzki said. "Jet hasn't really been a crunch-time, clutch player for us the way we need him to."

Nowitzki scored 34 points in the 88-86 Game 3 loss and he scored the Mavs' final 12 points of the game. Terry, the team's second-leading scorer, was 0-of-4 from the floor in the fourth quarter of the disappointing home loss that put the Mavs in a 2-1 hole with Game 4 on Tuesday night at the American Airlines Center.

Terry is a combined 0-of-7 in the fourth quarters of the Mavericks' two losses in the NBA Finals.

"They know to take me out of the fourth quarter, which they didn't do in Game 2," Terry said of the Heat's choice to turn to James defensively, "then they got a good chance."

Added Terry: "Let's see if [James] can defend me like that for seven games."

During the regular season, Nowitzki and Terry ranked at the top of the league with James and Dwyane Wade as the best fourth-quarter scoring duo. Nowitzki has held up his end, but the 6-foot-2 Terry has struggled in late-game situations throughout the postseason and mightily so against the 6-foot-8 James.

In the final 4:14 of Game 3, Terry missed a 3-point attempt, botched a driving layup and couldn't hit a go-ahead jumper from the baseline with 58.9 seconds to play.

"I had two opportunities," Terry said. "One in the corner for 3, LeBron closed out. The other one in the right corner, LeBron closed out again, didn't get enough air under it.

"Hey, it happens. If I get those same shots in Game 4, I bet I make them."

But Terry still seems hesitant to give too much credit to the Heat, even going so far as to say the Portland Trail Blazers were better on defense in the first-round series than Miami has been in the Finals.

"Portland, by far, has the best D," said Terry, who added that the Heat has a "great scheme" that is "working for them thus far this series."

Terry is 3-of-12 (25.0 percent) in the fourth quarters against Miami, which is not much worse than his overall fourth quarters in which he's shooting 29.3 percent (17-for-58) for an average of 3.2 points per fourth quarter.

"It's a call to arms. One man's not going to win it," Terry said. "Obviously, the big-wig [Nowitzki] is going to need to get some help, and I'm going to tell you this -- that we will be there in Game 4."

Terry's shooting woes complicate a growing problem for the Mavs and their heavily-relied-upon bench. The unit led the league in scoring during the regular season at about 40 points a game, and has been a steady contributor throughout the postseason until going up against the smothering Heat defense.

The bench is averaging 21.6 points in the three Finals games.

Peja Stojakovic is 1-of-5 from the floor and 0-of-4 from 3-point range in the series. He's played just 11 minutes in the past two games and coach Rick Carlisle hasn't gone back to him in his normal substitution package in the second halves of Games 2 and 3.

J.J. Barea, an effective penetrator against the Los Angeles Lakers and Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference finals, is seven points off his scoring average of the past two series and is shooting 21.7 percent from the floor and 12.5 percent from the 3-point range.

The onus falls on the 33-year-old Terry, who is shooting below 39 percent since the end of the second round.

"We're going to have to ride our horses. It's just going to have to be something we have to do," Terry said. "They're doing it on their end. Hey, you got eight, seven days, however many days are left in this series. If you can't go out there and play 40-plus minutes as a major cog in the wheel, then you shouldn't be here."

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2011, 06:35 PM
He's being covered by the best perimeter defender I've ever seen, in the 4th quarters, can't really blame him..he does have to make those open looks, though, obviously..

Spursfan092120
06-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Jason Terry is an imbecile...calling out Lebron...that turtle headed freak is about to be destroyed next game. Dirk needs to slap the shit out of him and tell him to keep his mouth shut.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 06:47 PM
:cryhe's a classless nut puncher:cry

Axe Murderer
06-06-2011, 06:48 PM
On This Day

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Tbh, 90210 is such an "Average American" in every sense of the term and shows how the average American is borderline retarded.

Fabbs
06-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Jason Terry is an imbecile...calling out Lebron...that turtle headed freak is about to be destroyed next game. Dirk needs to slap the shit out of him and tell him to keep his mouth shut.
Yep
Added Terry: "Let's see if [James] can defend me like that for seven games."

Them's fightin words. Unless LeBron is losing his sack he will continue put Terry in his place big time. Even moreso.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Terry badly needs to be kicked in the mouth. A time or 1000000. Terry is a straight up thug sonofabitch and needs to be put in his place.

Axe Murderer
sup Fabbs

would you trade Greg Poppycock for Jason TarredAndFeathered if given the chance?

Viva Las Espuelas
7 games lol

Fpoonsie
06-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Seems kinda foolish for Terry to be spouting off like that, considering his current production, and James' propensity to perform his ass off when called out.

Hopefully, he actually backs it up next game...

Fpoonsie
06-06-2011, 07:39 PM
ain't terry's fault he's getting owned by lebron/wade, it's this dumbass front office for expecting him to be a 2nd option instead of getting a real one in the offseason imho. wasn't joe johnson available?

I agree to an extent. To expect too much production outta Jason w/ James on him does seem a bit overly optimistic.

If Caron were playing (throughout), would James be on him instead? Then who'd be on Terry? Or is it simply a "whichever Dallas SG/PG/SF is producing, stick him there" kinda mentality?

Fpoonsie
06-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Well, w/ the team as it's currently constructed (and assuming DAL doesn't dry hump the panic button and stick an apprehensive and rusty as fuck Caron or Roddy in), Terry's not faster, stronger, smarter, or more athletic than James...in the slightest.

So that either means someone else has to start hitting their shots (which appears nothing but a pipe dream (GFY Peja)) or they're gonna hafta solely rely on others to get him open. Hard ass screens, fluid ball movement/touch passes, and when Terry's on the floor, he needs to stay in fucking motion. Shuttlesworth his way around the court...none a' this ball-in-his-hands, creating his own shot bullshit. It won't happen. Not against 'Bron.

Isitjustme?
06-06-2011, 07:53 PM
He's being covered by the best perimeter defender I've ever seen

You're what, like 15?

mytespurs
06-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Series is not over yet mavs appear 2 be unraveling-team confidence appears 2 be shaken

Joel Anthony
06-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Terry already admitting defeat.

HarlemHeat37
06-06-2011, 08:09 PM
You're what, like 15?

19, tbh..

Ghazi
06-06-2011, 08:12 PM
we just ain't beatin the heat with this team. we needed another perimeter player to put us over, and we dropped the ball.

cool story, Brian

lol 1st round exit
:lol Gerald Wallace

crc21209
06-06-2011, 08:42 PM

:lol +1. This guy is writing checks that his ass can't cash. I especially :lmao at the part where he said :"Let's see if [James] can defend me like that for seven games."

Axe Murderer
06-06-2011, 08:47 PM
subtle troll goods by Terry :tu

he knows he's a scrub and if he can get LeBron to try and shut him down then it will just open up more lanes for Dirk

Ron Popeil
06-06-2011, 09:08 PM
:lol +1. This guy is writing checks that his ass can't cash. I especially :lmao at the part where he said :"Let's see if [James] can defend me like that for seven games."

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sYYQDzzp_Mo/TTeeeKSc-NI/AAAAAAAADaI/kEj7WxOAaQ4/s1600/vanilla-cupcake.jpg

ohmwrecker
06-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Neither of these teams deserve a championship tbh. I can't remember the last time I saw so many cocksuckers in an NBA finals.

Ace
06-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Neither of these teams deserve a championship tbh. I can't remember the last time I saw so many cocksuckers in an NBA finals.
Self hating?

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-06-2011, 09:41 PM

The last time Duncan was there?

ohmwrecker
06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Self hating?

Cock sucking?

NewcastleKEG
06-06-2011, 09:45 PM
He's being covered by the best perimeter defender I've ever seen, in the 4th quarters, can't really blame him..he does have to make those open looks, though, obviously..
:lol

Is he even the best perimeter defender on his own team?

dirk4mvp
06-06-2011, 09:46 PM

Yes, easily.

Are you still so mad about him erasing Rose from the game(s) when LeBron held him that you can't see that?

ohmwrecker
06-06-2011, 09:52 PM
The last time Duncan was there?

Irony is lost, Kobeboi.

Ace
06-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Yes, easily.

Are you still so mad about him erasing Rose from the game(s) when LeBron held him that you can't see that?

Stern wanting to change the voting time till the playoffs because of Rose. :lmao

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 09:54 PM

You're retarded. You're also a welshing faggot.

Sucks to be you.

Bill_Brasky
06-06-2011, 09:55 PM

He shut down RosePERIOD

NewcastleKEG
06-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Yes, easily.

James did that or did the 3 bodies they threw at him slow em down?

Dirk hasn't scored in the paint to close a game in this Finals and yet James hasn't even guarded him

I highly doubt Haslem or Bosh would guard Dirk if Pippen was on the Heat

DMC
06-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Anyone remember 2005 when Dirk screamed at Jet after he left Nash wide open for the tying 3 in game 6?

Bill_Brasky
06-06-2011, 10:10 PM

Dirk hasn't scored in the paint to close a game in this Finals and yet James hasn't even guarded him

Silly faggot
QMuhKsroTOk

dirk4mvp
06-06-2011, 10:18 PM

Did you even watch your team play Miami?

NewcastleKEG
06-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Silly faggot
QMuhKsroTOk
Ah....not in paint

He had to spin move from the 3point line and take a runner

NewcastleKEG
06-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Did you even watch your team play Miami?
The Mavs are shooting better than the Bulls & especially when you compare Dirk supporting cast vs Rose supporting cast

dirk4mvp
06-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Ah....not in paint

:lmao

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 10:37 PM
This guy is seriously all kinds of retarded

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 10:41 PM
The Mavs are shooting better than the Bulls & especially when you compare Dirk supporting cast vs Rose supporting cast

You were better off staying in hiding. Faggot. Welsher.

NewcastleKEG
06-06-2011, 10:44 PM
You were better off staying in hiding. Faggot. Welsher.
How can I be hiding and face fucking you at the same time?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 10:44 PM
You aren't face fucking anybody. You've replaced 41 shit pushings as the NBA forum's bottom bitch

TinTin
06-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Ah....not in paint

:rollinwtf

NewcastleKEG
06-06-2011, 10:46 PM
You aren't face fucking anybody. You've replaced 41 shit pushings as the NBA forum's bottom bitch
I am this board

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 10:49 PM
I am this board

move over, koriwhat...there's a new kid in town

DMC
06-06-2011, 10:49 PM
I am this board

You take this wood

Bill_Brasky
06-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Ah....not in paint

This guy can't be serious...

crc21209
06-06-2011, 11:35 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sYYQDzzp_Mo/TTeeeKSc-NI/AAAAAAAADaI/kEj7WxOAaQ4/s1600/vanilla-cupcake.jpg

:lol 5 posts? GTFO here.....

joshdaboss
06-07-2011, 12:46 AM

You may want to ask Derrick Rose this question.

GuerillaBlack
06-07-2011, 12:54 AM
You may want to ask Derrick Rose this question.

Even Rose said LeBron can "easily guard him". Don't know what games Newcastle was watching tbh.