PDA

View Full Version : Fast-food/Restaurant horror stories

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Let's hear 'em.

There was a fried roach in my onion rings from Burger King (c. 2001). Didn't eat it, but suffice to say I've only been to BK a handful of times since then, and I've ordered fries every time. Coincidentally, in that same order I also had a coke where the top cover was almost covered in eyelashes.

TE
06-06-2011, 09:15 PM
What's up DeadlyDynasty?

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Don't tell anyone, bro

redzero
06-06-2011, 09:24 PM
That is disgusting. Is one able to sue over that?

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 09:27 PM
You know everything goes in the same fryer, right?

TE
06-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Oh shit, I didn't even read your post. That is pretty disgusting.

A couple of months ago I ate at a pizza hut and there was a HUGE flying cockroach roaming around the area I was in. That was some disgusting shit.

I can't imagine having one in my food.

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 09:39 PM
That is disgusting. Is one able to sue over that?

I think there would only be legal grounds had I eaten it, tbh. In fact, when I saw it (and it was literally a fucking fried roach that looked somewhat like a broken onion ring) I brought it into the BK and showed the cashier, and she said "ugh, you want a new order of them?" I took the refund instead, although her offer was tempting.

I never really thought about it, but that would make sense. :lol

Moral of the story is look at your food if you get it from the Burger King in Cutler Ridge

thispego
06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Someone spunked in the gravy atthe Tejas grill in Victoria

Strike
06-06-2011, 09:46 PM

Someone = you?

Axe Murderer
06-06-2011, 09:53 PM
i ate at a McDonalds in Arizona one time and a camel spider was sitting in my burger.

Not only that, but I open the lid to my coke (thank God) and saw about 20 dead carpenter ants.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 09:54 PM
:lol where in Arizona was the McDonalds?

TE
06-06-2011, 09:55 PM
i ate at a McDonalds in Arizona one time and a camel spider was sitting in my burger.

Not only that, but I open the lid to my coke (thank God) and saw about 20 dead carpenter ants.

Large or small camel spider?
Those are menacing.

Frenzy
06-06-2011, 09:55 PM
I was at some Mexican restaurant it was new and had only been open a few weeks. It was very clean looking and neat compared to other run down Mexican restaurants. We ordered a few of everything I just happen to pick a bean and cheese. Half way into the taco I took a bite and as I pulled the taco away a piece of cheese stretched out from the taco to my mouth as I felt it snap and hit my chin.(at least it felt like it. I guess my attention was else where)Bad news? It wasnt cheese...it was hair. As I looked down to pull the cheese ugh...that's when I noticed it was a hair. I didn't eat the rest obviously amd never went back.

Thompson
06-06-2011, 09:56 PM
It's not fast food, but I was eating some Rico's cheese popcorn when I was younger one time, watching a movie with my family. I noticed some of the popcorn further down in the bag looked a little burned, but kept eating. As we got closer to it, I started to really look at it.

It was a mouse, or what was left of one: the pelt/fur with the tail attached (the pelt was a little bigger than a quarter). It had apparently met its fate at the factory; the fur was infused with that cheese powder.

After we brushed our teeth and used Listerine a half dozen times, my dad and I returned the bag to H.E.B. They offered us another bag or a refund; we took the refund. We considered getting another bag, emptying half of it out, and taking it back to the house so we could say "Well, they wouldn't give us our money back" while munching on handfuls of it, but decided against it.

I still have a Polaroid of the pelt next to a quarter somewhere around here. I jokingly tried to convince my dad to tell Rico's they could buy it from us for $50,000 or see it on Leno the next night, but he wouldn't go for it.

John Basedow
thx Frenzy...my appetite is sufficiently suppressed for the next 2 days :tu

Axe Murderer
actually none of what i said was true lol

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 09:58 PM
It's not fast food, but I was eating some Rico's cheese popcorn when I was younger one time, watching a movie with my family. I noticed some of the popcorn further down in the bag looked a little burned, but kept eating. As we got closer to it, I started to really look at it.

It was a mouse, or what was left of one; the pelt/fur with the tail attached (the pelt was a little bigger than a quarter). It had apparently met its fate at the factory; the fur was infused with that cheese powder.

After we brushed our teeth and used Listerine a half dozen times, my dad and I returned the bag to H.E.B. They offered us another bag or a refund; we took the refund. We considered getting another bag, emptying half of it out, and taking it back to the house so we could say "Well, they wouldn't give us our money back" while munching on handfuls of it, but decided against it.

I still have a Polaroid of the pelt next to a quarter somewhere around here. I jokingly tried to convince my dad to tell Rico's they could buy it from us for $50,000 or see it on Leno the next night, but he wouldn't go for it.

:wow

Ok, that's the winner right now :lol

frodo
06-06-2011, 10:03 PM
once found an used band-aid in my food, with blood taint on. real disgusting tbh. just cook your food yourself whenever possible

symple19
06-06-2011, 10:04 PM
DD, must we continue to revisit the fast food topic ad nauseum ?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 10:05 PM
And yeah nothing too bad for me, not too long ago I was at Rubio's and this big nasty bull dike most likely named Bertha who probably got an STD while in a scissoring orgy decided to prepare my fish tacos with no gloves when I was watching. I wanted to see if she really would prepare them with gloves from beginning to end, she did, then when they're ready and the manager of all people is serving, I said, "You can either give me my money back or have the cook in the back remake my tacos with gloves on, and I'll be contacting your corporate office about this," and I got both my money back and my tacos remade by a chef with gloves on :lmao

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 10:06 PM
DD, must we continue to revisit the fast food topic ad nauseum ?

If anything, this thread is a deterrent for an unhealthy lifestyle:lol

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 10:07 PM
once found an used band-aid in my food, with blood taint on. real disgusting tbh. just cook your food yourself whenever possible

crofl, where was this?

symple19
06-06-2011, 10:08 PM
don't get me wrong, you and your trolls basically keep the club and other forums alive, but I'm just tired of talking about shitty food that attracts the worst of society

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 10:09 PM
food that attracts the worst of society
and the greater population of Texas tbh

symple19
06-06-2011, 10:09 PM
btw, I got stuck in the drive through line by a felony traffic stop and couldn't move either way or even get out of my car............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................TWICE

ohmwrecker
06-06-2011, 10:11 PM

You know cockroaches aren't on the menu, right?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 10:12 PM
I think Dumper was implying that if you don't want roach in your food, going to the same place and ordering fries instead of onion rings is probably not the best solution tbh.

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 10:14 PM
btw, I got stuck in the drive through line by a felony traffic stop and couldn't move either way or even get out of my car............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................TWICE

I never go through drive-through lines with high curbs. I also never stop at tolls if I can help it (Sun-Pass that shit). That scene from the Godfather where Sonny gets whacked on the causeway had a lasting effect on me.

Egress is more important than the menu at a FF joint, imho

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 10:16 PM
I think Dumper was implying that if you don't want roach in your food, going to the same place and ordering fries instead of onion rings is probably not the best solution tbh.

Never went back to that BK again.

symple19
06-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Egress is more important than the menu at a FF joint, imho

:lol

AmericanPsycho
06-06-2011, 10:19 PM
I asked for super sized fries and got home and had the small fries. I was pissed.

BurgerKing
06-06-2011, 10:20 PM

:flipoff

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 10:21 PM
:rollin

Sisk
06-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Had a friend who got a taco at Alamo Cafe a few years back and there were 2 blue marbles in the taco. They replaced the food and that was that. Can't think of any incidents involving dead mice or cockroaches. There was also the time I was eating lays potato chips like 8 years ago and there was fucking sand in the bag. Literally, sand. No idea how that happened.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-06-2011, 10:29 PM
:flipoff
Try again, mouse. It wasn't funny.

ChumpDumper
06-06-2011, 10:29 PM
You know cockroaches aren't on the menu, right?Did you hear a whooshing sound when you read my post?

DMC
06-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Let's hear 'em.

There was a fried roach in my onion rings from Burger King (c. 2001). Didn't eat it, but suffice to say I've only been to BK a handful of times since then, and I've ordered fries every time. Coincidentally, in that same order I also had a coke where the top cover was almost covered in eyelashes.

That brought a tear.. lol

baseline bum
06-06-2011, 10:35 PM
There was the time I went to McDonald's and ordered a 1/4 pounder.

DMC
06-06-2011, 10:37 PM
"we no got shakes, we clean ma CH ine"

"why would you clean your shake machine a lunch?"

"Dat's when my CHift starts"

ohmwrecker
06-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Did you hear a whooshing sound when you read my post?

thispego
06-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Someone = you?

Fuck no, i'd respect peoples right to eat jizzless foods

John Basedow
06-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Fuck no, i'd respect peoples right to eat jizzless foods

I wish Checkers shared your philosophy

Viva Las Espuelas
06-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Well I don't know if this is a horror story but it took place at a restaurant, so...
And, suckingly, I wasn't there to witness this greatness.

A drummer buddy of mine was eating at a pizza place in Temple with his brother and friends. They were having the pizza and salad deal. They were telling some funny story and my buddy's brother laughed so hard that a piece of lettuce flew out of his nose right on the table--and apparently it looked like a whole leaf of lettuce. It slaps on the table. Everyone looks at it and one of their friend's has a weak stomach and just hurls projectile vomit right on the table. Thing is, you know how when you spill some liquid on a table that it just doesn't fall off the table? I'm sure one of the geniuses here can label it. It kinda just hangs there. Well, his puke wasn't falling off the table and was about an inch high on the table which grossed out the whole place :lol

They skipped dessert

ChumpDumper
06-07-2011, 01:28 AM
[still not quite getting it]
Let's hear 'em.

Sisk
06-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Well I don't know if this is a horror story but it took place at a restaurant, so...
And, suckingly, I wasn't there to witness this greatness.

A drummer buddy of mine was eating at a pizza place in Temple with his brother and friends. They were having the pizza and salad deal. They were telling some funny story and my buddy's brother laughed so hard that a piece of lettuce flew out of his nose right on the table--and apparently it looked like a whole leaf of lettuce. It slaps on the table. Everyone looks at it and one of their friend's has a weak stomach and just hurls projectile vomit right on the table. Thing is, you know how when you spill some liquid on a table that it just doesn't fall off the table? I'm sure one of the geniuses here can label it. It kinda just hangs there. Well, his puke wasn't falling off the table and was about an inch high on the table which grossed out the whole place :lol

They skipped dessert

I was really hoping/thinking this was going to end with a fight story. That's a disgusting visual.

Cyrano
06-07-2011, 03:08 AM
About thirty years ago, my daughter (four years old at the time) climbed up on the bathroom sink, got into the medicine chest, and ate half a box of chocolate ex-lax.
We rushed her to the BAMC emergency room, and they gave her charcoal and ipecac.
She immediately emptied her stomach contents and we left about an hour later.
That afternoon, we went to the Pizza Hut on Austin Highway to eat. My daughter was really hungry (of course, she didn't have anything on her stomach) andate with gusto.
Unfortunately, ipecac apparently lingers in the system for quite a while. She was chattering away, and without pausing launched her lunch all over her Mom and the table, all without warning. Embarassed, we helped clean up, paid our bill, and were leaving when the waitress approached us and asked our daughter if she was feeling better. Bad idea; she smiled, opened her mouth to speak, and honked all down the front of the waitress' uniform. We never went back to that place again. (too embarassed)

ohmwrecker
06-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Chump, if he went back to the same exact BK that served him the roachrings and ordered fries instead, I could see your point. However, I just assumed (correctly apparently) that nobody in their right mind would do something like that.
Also, anyone with half a brain and/or tastebuds already knows that they use the same oil to fry everything. They are also required to change the oil from time to time . . . unless you are suggesting that all BK fryers are connected to an elaborate underground network of cockroach infested cooking oil tubes, then you probably shouldn't try so hard to put across a whatever really insignificant point you are trying to make.

Dex
06-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Yeahhhh so I won't be eating lunch today. :vomit:

Dex
06-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Worst story I have was from Old San Francisco Steakhouse, where I got some large unidentifiable chunk of something in my salad. It looked like a piece of melon or maybe raw pork; it was like a solid cube but all pink and spongy. The restaurant took the salad back and claimed it was a piece of the cheese rind that had fallen in, but I'm not sure I believed that. Either way, they comped my swordfish dinner that night.

Other than that, one time at the KFC on Thousand Oaks, I ordered a chicken sandwich and they forgot the chicken. Just bun, lettuce, sauce, bun.

I'm not sure where the hell you people are eating, but I'm suddenly glad I've stopped ordering out so damn much.

leemajors
06-07-2011, 10:32 AM

I remember hearing that junior or senior year in HS, hahaha.

bus driver
06-07-2011, 12:21 PM
just in time for lunch

Viva Las Espuelas
06-07-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm suddenly glad I've stopped ordering out so damn much.
When you eat something that someone else makes for you, you pretty much open yourself to ingesting anything under the sun. That's a risk everyone takes.

Dex
06-07-2011, 01:06 PM
When you eat something that someone else makes for you, you pretty much open yourself to ingesting anything under the sun. That's a risk everyone takes.

Yeah, in what little food service I've done (H-E-B), I was always serious about food sanitation. Not only is it your job, but its just common courtesy. I don't ever like my laziness or attitude to affect others. I'm sure there are lot of people who really don't give a fuck, tho.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Yeah, in what little food service I've done (H-E-B), I was always serious about food sanitation. Not only is it your job, but its just common courtesy. I don't ever like my laziness or attitude to affect others. I'm sure there are lot of people who really don't give a fuck, tho.

Wow. I wish there were more people that adopted that attitude. Most people only do enough to get that next paycheck.

I only worked about a week or two at Bill Millers in my late teens. The crap I saw go down at that place. :wow I think my favorite story is the chick that worked the chopped BBQ station that cut up the meat of her pointer finger just above the nail. We never found it but boy did we sell that chopped BBQ sandwich :tu

Dex
06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Wow. I wish there were more people that adopted that attitude. Most people only do enough to get that next paycheck.

I only worked about a week or two at Bill Millers in my late teens. The crap I saw go down at that place. :wow I think my favorite story is the chick that worked the chopped BBQ station that cut up the meat of her pointer finger just above the nail. We never found it but boy did we sell that chopped BBQ sandwich :tu

mmm....crunchy bits.

That's what people get for eating Bill Millers food in the first place. :blah

ChumpDumper
06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Chump, if he went back to the same exact BK that served him the roachrings and ordered fries instead, I could see your point. However, I just assumed (correctly apparently) that nobody in their right mind would do something like that.
Also, anyone with half a brain and/or tastebuds already knows that they use the same oil to fry everything.He didn't. I know it's not your strong suit but read his post.
They are also required to change the oil from time to time . . . unless you are suggesting that all BK fryers are connected to an elaborate underground network of cockroach infested cooking oil tubes, then you probably shouldn't try so hard to put across a whatever really insignificant point you are trying to make.He was the one making the assumption that it was the onion rings that were the problem. I dispelled him of that. Then you went off on some pointless rant over what you say is an insignificant point.

You were wrong.

It's not a big deal.

Quit crying.

Ah, who am I kidding? Go ahead and type another page about this insignificant point.

ohmwrecker
06-07-2011, 02:37 PM
It could of very well have been the onion rings that were the problem. The cockroach could have been in the bag of frozen onion rings that came from the distributor. Is it likely? I don't know, but it is possible. So, I'm not wrong. I just disagree with your assumption. I know that you interpret that as "wrong", but nobody else values your opinion as much as you do.

lol "crying"