PDA

View Full Version : prince or princess??

nkdlunch
06-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Wasn't this guy one of the main keys for Detroit last finals? WTF is up with him? he sucked too vs. Miami I beleive. just curious

IX_Equilibrium
06-10-2005, 11:34 AM
only 1 game has passed

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-10-2005, 11:35 AM
He needs to be more assertive. Sadly, he tends to drift ala Rasheed. But one of the positives from yesterday is that it looked like he could take Manu anytime he wanted...

nkdlunch
06-10-2005, 11:35 AM
only 1 game has passed

he sucked too vs. Miami

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Wasn't this guy a **stopper**? He doesn't look like it to me. I believe they call it hype. He looks like a big headed lanky ethiopian. Does that dude eat? He looks like the poster boy for malnourishment. Dude ain't no stopper. :princess :princess :princess

combs84
06-10-2005, 11:36 AM
He didn't suck VS Miami he just didn't have any big games. He was consistenly average. Hes being scared again, I'm not sure why as he has all the talent in the world. Last Night he just had a bad game.

boutons
06-10-2005, 11:38 AM
Tayshaun has always impressed me, starting with how just about won single-handedly the ECF vs Nets in 03, as a rookie. He came in from nowhere and just astonished, and hasn't looked back. He's the real thing, and living proof, along with Manu and Rip, that muscles don't mean shit in basketball, while hustle, heart, and movement mean everything.

Spurs will certainly not let Tay alone, he will hurt them.

JamStone
06-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Prince lacked aggressiveness last night. He did not get a chance to get going after picking up his second foul. Larry Brown benches his frontcourt starters when they pick up a second foul in the first half. He rarely lets them play until the second half.

When Prince got back in the game, he didn't seem to have any rhythm. He had a poor game.

But, I do expect him to play better, become more aggressive on offense, and hopefully help with slowing down Manu a little bit.

Wildcat Spur
06-10-2005, 11:41 AM
I watched Prince play his entire career at Kentucky and he was one of the softest players ever for the Cats. He would have a monster game once in a while but played like he didn't care or his head wasn't in the game alot.

He was the first player in who knows how long to play at UK all 4 years and never reach the Final Four before graduating.

His pro success has surprised me a bit, but last night reminded me a bunch of his college disappearances.

I like the guy because he is a former Cat, but he's not one of my all-time faves.

Now Nazr on the other hand, there's a great Wildcat!

HULKAROCK
06-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Wasn't this guy a **stopper**? He doesn't look like it to me. I believe they call it hype. He looks like a big headed lanky ethiopian. Does that dude eat? He looks like the poster boy for malnourishment. Dude ain't no stopper. :princess :princess :princess

He'll be back. I have an assignment for you for the weekend. Do your homework on players you don't know anything about, before you go ahead and make stupid comments. I want it on my desk Monday AM. :nope

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 12:00 PM
He'll be back. I have an assignment for you for the weekend. Do your homework on players you don't know anything about, before you go ahead and make stupid comments. I want it on my desk Monday AM. :nope

Once he stops a good player on a consistent basis on a good team I'll take you up on that.

HULKAROCK
06-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Once he stops a good player on a consistent basis on a good team I'll take you up on that.

Now, now. I didn't say turn it in early. I said, go learn about Prince and see what he's done before you make a statement. I'm not out here saying Duncan sucks or Manu. If I had some facts that backed it, i would. One game has passed.

Drunk, fat and stupid is no way to go through life son. -Dean Whermer

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Now, now. I didn't say turn it in early. I said, go learn about Prince and see what he's done before you make a statement. I'm not out here saying Duncan sucks or Manu. If I had some facts that backed it, i would. One game has passed.

Drunk, fat and stupid is no way to go through life son. -Dean Whermer

Well I am drunk right now and I am fat but I am pretty smart. I will take back the princess comment. Now I know for a fact he can't stop these 2 players: wade, ginobili.

I'm sure against kobe he's more effective since kobe is slower then wade and ginobili. I think that lb might be forced to place rip on manu, but that might hurt his offense which is already strugglin. Rip did a good job against wade.

Kori Ellis
06-10-2005, 04:03 PM
He's certainly not The Princess.
:princess

WayDowntownBang
06-10-2005, 04:19 PM
only 1 game has passed

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Princess? That's harsh. Would you say the same thing about Rasheed, because Prince could hurt the Spurs just as badly as Wallace could if he had asserted himself better.