PDA

View Full Version : Alamo Drafthouse uses profanity-laced rant from a customer they kicked out

CubanMustGo
06-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Alamo Drafthouse is a theatre chain based in Austin that offers table service (foor and beer/wine) during performances. It's a unique kind of place, very Austin, that has strict no-talk/no-text policy during screenings. They tell you up front before the movie starts, but they do not hesitate to enforce the policy when needed. No refunds if you get kicked out, either.

Recently they kicked out someone after a couple of warnings. She called and left the following profanity-laced (NSFW) rant:

1L3eeC2lJZs

The greatest thing about this is that Alamo Drafthouse using it in their advertising (or at least, their blog): Dumb people say the darndest things (http://www.austinchronicle.com/blogs/screens/2011-06-06/dumb-people-say-the-darndest-things/).

You go, Drafthouse!!

bus driver
06-07-2011, 12:33 PM
i approve of the PSA

mrsmaalox
06-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Magnited?

Fpoonsie
06-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Magnited?

I think what she actually said was MAG-lited.

http://www.ledmagliteflashlight.com/magliteflashlight.jpg

leemajors
06-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Shitty company to work for, but some great coworkers. Their pricing has gone above and beyond my meager means though. They take these stands on talking/tweeting and shit but if you yell and scream enough in the lobby they usually give you rain checks. I saw this personally plenty of times.

baseline bum
06-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Haha... that's great.

koriwhat
06-07-2011, 01:30 PM
those theaters fuckin' blow as do the holier-than-thou group of people that work at those theaters.

koriwhat
06-07-2011, 01:33 PM
btw, funny thing here, they don't take kind to texting, talking on the phone, etc... but back in the day when i used to get dragged to that shit hole they condoned pirated movies shown on their theater screens, dipshits repeating every line from the screenplay of their favorite shitty cult classic, and didn't give a shit that their fuckin' employees would talk over the fuckin' movie just to get a damn drink order.

fuck that place!

CubanMustGo
06-07-2011, 01:33 PM
those theaters fuckin' blow as do the holier-than-thou group of people that work at those theaters.

Thousands of crap theaters you can go to and be the disruptive, inconsiderate asshole you want to be. :toast

koriwhat
06-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Thousands of crap theaters you can go to and be the disruptive, inconsiderate asshole you want to be. :toast

as if i act like those people, believe it or not but i act civil and don't distract others.

the drafthouse, again, believe it or not, was founded on the idea of group interactivity by luring the audience into group heckling and line by line reciting but a damn text msg gets you kicked out... :lol

leemajors
06-07-2011, 01:38 PM
as if i act like those people, believe it or not but i act civil and don't distract others.

the drafthouse, again, believe it or not, was founded on the idea of group interactivity by luring the audience into group heckling and line by line reciting but a damn text msg gets you kicked out... :lol

that was their Mister Sinus thing they ripped from mst3k, it had nothing to do with why the Alamo started. I think they call it Master Pancake now.

koriwhat
06-07-2011, 01:41 PM
all i know is, back when i used to frequent those shit holes, people would just talk and talk and talk during the movie and that shit was annoying as hell but hey, talking loud over a movie is so much better than some quiet text msg. i get it, i swear.

scampers
06-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Drive ins > all others, except when you need an IMAX fix.

I can scream expletives all I want in the comfort of my own car.

It can be pretty economical if you bring friends, too (for those that charge per car and not per person)

JudynTX
06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Why can't people just behave when they go out? Good grief.

JoeChalupa
06-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Just another reason I prefer to redbox or netflix a movie and watch it in the comfort of my own home where I can pause or rewind if I need to.

Nathan Explosion
06-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Just another reason I prefer to redbox or netflix a movie and watch it in the comfort of my own home where I can pause or rewind if I need to.

Plus, if you have a 50" hi def tv with a kickass surround sound and a blu ray player, the experience is much better. You can eat what you want, drink what you want and how much you want and sit on your own couch. Much more enjoyable, except for the IMax fix someone mentioned earlier.

The only movies coming out that I want to see in the theater are the last Harry Potter and Transformers because that kind of summer action flick was made for the IMax (I like action movies where shit blows up everywhere, sue me).

Other than that, there's none I can't wait for.

rr2418
06-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Why in the world would you be texting during a movie in the first place? Especially when the texter has seen the signs or slide show indicating no texting! I guess that girl thought it didn't apply to her! Good for Alamo Drafthouse!! I wish ALL theaters would follow suit!!

Dex
06-07-2011, 02:54 PM
I do find it ironic that Alamo Drafthouse of all places has decided to take a stand against distractions, considering it's probably already the most distracted theater setting there is. With waiters walking around, dropping off plates, getting drink orders, people fumbling for their wallets and credit cards....I'm pretty sure a few phones here or there aren't going to make a difference, but I suppose they have to control what they can.

Nathan Explosion
06-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Why in the world would you be texting during a movie in the first place? Especially when the texter has seen the signs or slide show indicating no texting! I guess that girl thought it didn't apply to her! Good for Alamo Drafthouse!! I wish ALL theaters would follow suit!!

I agree with you on this point, but sometimes you get a text and when you look to see what it said, people say you're texting. And sometimes, shit happens and you have to text. I have kids, so if my babysitter texts me with an important question, I don't give a fuck where I'm at, I'm answering back.

At work sometimes I look at my phone to see what time it is, and my boss will catch me and tell me to put my phone away. When I mention that I wanted to see what time it was since there are no clocks in my department, she just goes, "Oh." So there may be more to the story.

Plus, she said she was using her phone as a flashlight, which I used to do all the time, until I actually got a phone with a flash and a flashlight app.

But my biggest complaint is this. WHY THE FUCK IS AN AUSTIN COMPANY USING ALAMO IN THE TITLE. FUCK THEM!!!! :lol

MannyIsGod
06-07-2011, 03:03 PM
I agree with you on this point, but sometimes you get a text and when you look to see what it said, people say you're texting. And sometimes, shit happens and you have to text. I have kids, so if my babysitter texts me with an important question, I don't give a fuck where I'm at, I'm answering back.

All movie theaters have this magic place called a lobby where you can even TALK on a phone. I get that you have kids and you want them to be safe. I don't give a fuck. Take your ass out to the lobby.

I don't get why people can't go two hours without looking at their phone. I don't get why people have to talk about plot points in a theater. I don't get why if people HAVE to say something, they can't whisper so that the whole theater doesn't hear them.

mrsmaalox
06-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Eh, I think just enforcing the no talking, phones on silence rule should be enough. I don't just use my phone for frivolous socialization; I need to be able to at least receive silent notifications anywhere I am. I can't stop keeping track of my kids comings and goings just because I'm in a movie. Of course I'm well aware that anything more than a very brief silent text needs to be handled outside of the the theater. Apparently some people aren't.

Nathan Explosion
06-07-2011, 03:11 PM
All movie theaters have this magic place called a lobby where you can even TALK on a phone. I get that you have kids and you want them to be safe. I don't give a fuck. Take your ass out to the lobby.

You don't get it. Sometimes it's more of a distraction to get up, go down the row, down the steps and out the theater, make a quick text and then go back in (letting light in), go up the stairs and down the row again. Or, I can just text with my phone on silent in a few seconds. Which scenario is more distracting really? I'm talking about a quick text. Now, if it's a whole conversation in text, then just leave. That I do get.

I don't get why people can't go two hours without looking at their phone. I don't get why people have to talk about plot points in a theater. I don't get why if people HAVE to say something, they can't whisper so that the whole theater doesn't hear them.

And that would make sense, except that the Drafthouse encourages these type of activities (sans texting) as many have stated, so really, it's pretty hypocritical of them to tell you not to text, but yet, will allow you to chat, yell at the screen and even recite the lines out loud. Not to mention that waiters and what not.

Nathan Explosion
06-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Eh, I think just enforcing the no talking, phones on silence rule should be enough. I don't just use my phone for frivolous socialization; I need to be able to at least receive silent notifications anywhere I am. I can't stop keeping track of my kids comings and goings just because I'm in a movie. Of course I'm well aware that anything more than a very brief silent text needs to be handled outside of the the theater. Apparently some people aren't.

Exactly. If you're not a parent of young children (or even teens), then you won't understand. A few quick texts is okay. A whole conversation needs to wait or go outside. But to have to get up 2 or 3 times in 2 hours to send a text is much more of a distraction than just handling the texts in your seat.

mrsmaalox
06-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I wonder how much of a distraction they cause removing people from the theater?

Drachen
06-07-2011, 03:14 PM

silent notification is fine. when you feel the buzz, go to the lobby

MannyIsGod
06-07-2011, 03:19 PM
You don't get it. Sometimes it's more of a distraction to get up, go down the row, down the steps and out the theater, make a quick text and then go back in (letting light in), go up the stairs and down the row again. Or, I can just text with my phone on silent in a few seconds. Which scenario is more distracting really? I'm talking about a quick text. Now, if it's a whole conversation in text, then just leave. That I do get.

Then you sit in a part of the theater where you don't disturb people getting up. These are the sacrifices YOU should have to make for choosing to have children.

Its not that *I* don't understand, its that you should not impose the results of your decisions on others who have not made the same choices as you.

And that would make sense, except that the Drafthouse encourages these type of activities (sans texting) as many have stated, so really, it's pretty hypocritical of them to tell you not to text, but yet, will allow you to chat, yell at the screen and even recite the lines out loud. Not to mention that waiters and what not.

There are different types of movies shown at the drafthouse. That being said, I've never seen the drafthouse encourage people acting like that in first run movies. Yes, they have special showings of older movies that are intended to be interactive experiences but I think its fairly safe to assume that the behavior expected at those showings is not expected at a movie the first night its out.

Its not hypocritical at all. Its two different situations.

mouse
06-07-2011, 03:20 PM

That all changes when you get to ST.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Exactly. If you're not a parent of young children (or even teens), then you won't understand. A few quick texts is okay. A whole conversation needs to wait or go outside. But to have to get up 2 or 3 times in 2 hours to send a text is much more of a distraction than just handling the texts in your seat.

Um, who are you to say what is OK? :lol Don't I get to decide what I think is OK for myself? Pretty sure every theater I go to they say no talking or texting on your phone in the theater.

I'll be the first to admit I've very anal about this. When I'm out I can usually let a lot of shit go with the exception of bad customer service at service oriented businesses and people who can't follow simple rules and etiquette at the movies.

mrsmaalox
06-07-2011, 03:22 PM
silent notification is fine. when you feel the buzz, go to the lobby

Works for me :tu

Can't guarantee that me getting up and leaving to text "ok" only to return 3 seconds later is less distracting though :lol But I have no problem following the rules.

ohmwrecker
06-07-2011, 03:24 PM
Koriwhat is an idiot. I go to the Alamo nearly everytime I see a movie. The food is pretty decent (slightly overpriced) and drinking beer during a movie is awesome. They don't use pirated material . . . lol, and the service is only distracting if you are a total moron who lacks the attention span to focus on the movie. They have events that are specifically advertised as audience participation showings. Nobody talks during a regular movie showing and it's cool that they don't tolerate cell phone use. You are there to watch a movie, not text your retard friends. Dumbass.

ALVAREZ6
06-07-2011, 03:27 PM
nathanexplosion = correct, watching from your own home is the best. People at theaters are complete cockfaces. The times I enjoy going the most are late at night during a random weeknight like Tuesday. Fuck opening night.

SpursWoman
06-07-2011, 03:29 PM

The reason I'm probably at the movies is to escape from my 2 teens, tbqh. :lol

My phone is off during movies. I can't imagine how my parents survived not being able to have their thumbs on me every second of the day and night before there was any such thing as a cell phone. That's probably why my dad was totally grey-headed by the time he was 35. :lol

MannyIsGod
06-07-2011, 03:30 PM
I hadn't been to an open night movie in a long ass time until I saw XMen on Friday and yeah, fuck opening night. I should have just waited till the next morning when it would have been dead as shit because there were so many stupid fucks in the theater that apparently can't STFU and watch a movie for a couple of hours. Cell phones popping up all over the place because they have to post to Facebook or text.

Yes, you guys are right. The picture at home is better and the sound is almost as good without the hassle.

SpursWoman
06-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I give up on movies at the theater for the most part ... it just pisses me off too much when I see parents bringing in toddlers to R rated, violent movies.

We went to a late show of The Watchmen a while back (obviously), and there were really little kids running around everywhere. WTF??

MannyIsGod
06-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Also, I'm quite certain that many of you are capable of checking your phone in the theater without anyone else noticing or making a big show out of it and you are probably right that getting up would be more of a distraction. You are probably (I say probably - that breeder Nathan I'm not so sure about :lol ) but those assholes who are inconsiderate as fuck has pretty much ruined it for those with common sense.

MannyIsGod
06-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I give up on movies at the theater for the most part ... it just pisses me off too much when I see parents bringing in toddlers to R rated, violent movies.

We went to a late show of The Watchmen a while back (obviously), and there were really little kids running around everywhere. WTF??

Or parents who won't take their kids out to the lobby? Look, if I go see a 2pm showing on a Saturday for Kung Fu Panda I know what I'm getting myself into and I expect that. But like you said, a 10 pm showing for Watchmen with kids?

WHO THE FUCK LET THESE PEOPLE HAVE KIDS?!?!?!?

Viva Las Espuelas
06-07-2011, 03:34 PM
I believe the theater's intention is to not have all the really bright screens flashing in a dark room. There's a setting in your phone to control that. I use it and it works like a charm. Silent is silent. If you can't silently send a text then there's absolutely no hope for you.

Plus, how courteous do you have to be in a place where you're supposed to be quiet that's labeled a "drafthouse"?

CuckingFunt
06-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Um, who are you to say what is OK? :lol Don't I get to decide what I think is OK for myself? Pretty sure every theater I go to they say no talking or texting on your phone in the theater.

I'll be the first to admit I've very anal about this. When I'm out I can usually let a lot of shit go with the exception of bad customer service at service oriented businesses and people who can't follow simple rules and etiquette at the movies.

Not just movies. I really can't stand how many people seem to think the world is their living room these days.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Not just movies. I really can't stand how many people seem to think the world is their living room these days.

A clear lack of respect.

mouse
06-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Bottom-line "Don't text with Texas"

check out the blog

http://cf.drafthouse.com/she_texted_we_kicked_her_out2.html

4>0rings
06-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Works for me :tu

Can't guarantee that me getting up and leaving to text "ok" only to return 3 seconds later is less distracting though :lol But I have no problem following the rules.The point is, after the first time, you won't be getting up every 3 seconds since it's a hassle and that's fine with me. I also don't want to see your screen light up every 15 seconds in my periphial vision disturbing my movie going experience and here you laugh to yourself or your fingers typing 150 wps on a phone screen or qwerty board.

DMC
06-07-2011, 06:21 PM
No. You raise your kids. It's not a community parenting thing. If you need special consideration, go to a place that provides it. I don't want your kid raising and monitoring to be part of my movie experience.

mrsmaalox
06-07-2011, 06:44 PM
The point is, after the first time, you won't be getting up every 3 seconds since it's a hassle and that's fine with me. I also don't want to see your screen light up every 15 seconds in my periphial vision disturbing my movie going experience and here you laugh to yourself or your fingers typing 150 wps on a phone screen or qwerty board.

And that point is not lost on me. My screen is never fully bright, I don't laugh to myself and never in my wildest dreams have I even approached 30 words per minute with my one finger texting method (maybe that would improve if I owned a qwerty?) I agree 100% with you ;)

ploto
06-07-2011, 06:50 PM

I continue to be amazed at the conversations that people have on their phones in public, and then they look at you funny! Hey, person, I am not trying to listen to you talk about your medical issues in HEB, but given that you are almost screaming, I can't help but notice you.

It is ironic that so many laws have been passed about protecting people's privacy, but they give away their own privacy all the time on public phone calls and social media.

SpursWoman
06-07-2011, 06:54 PM
1L3eeC2lJZs

The greatest thing about this is that Alamo Drafthouse using it in their advertising (or at least, their blog): Dumb people say the darndest things (http://www.austinchronicle.com/blogs/screens/2011-06-06/dumb-people-say-the-darndest-things/).

You go, Drafthouse!!

I finally got home and was able to watch this. LMAOLOLOLOLOL, especially because they do use it as a PSA before all of their R-rated flicks.

OMG ... what a classy broad! :lol

leemajors
06-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Koriwhat is an idiot. I go to the Alamo nearly everytime I see a movie. The food is pretty decent (slightly overpriced) and drinking beer during a movie is awesome. They don't use pirated material . . . lol, and the service is only distracting if you are a total moron who lacks the attention span to focus on the movie. They have events that are specifically advertised as audience participation showings. Nobody talks during a regular movie showing and it's cool that they don't tolerate cell phone use. You are there to watch a movie, not text your retard friends. Dumbass.

They did. I worked there. They also used to sell printed logo shirts of shit they didn't own for years until they got confronted about it. They also used to charge people showing old movies off of DVDs, which is extremely lame. They got called on that too.

koriwhat
06-07-2011, 09:28 PM
That all changes when you get to ST.

you're a fuckin' idiot, no denying that.

food is shit, beer is way too damn expensive, and yes, they most definitely have shown PIRATED MOVIES AT THE ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE. i can assure you they showed pirated movies there on many occasions when i used to frequent that place with my friend eric. we went and saw "transformers" the cartoon for shits and giggles one night and guess what, they were showing a pirated copy by a distribution group online that i recognized by the watermark at the bottom of the film and that wasn't the only time i caught them in the act.

that place is a piece of shit, sorry to hurt your feelings but it's true.

btw, i went and saw "pineapple express" there the day it opened and you definitely wouldn't know it was opening night considering all the chatter and bs going on in the theater, fuckin' horrible experience trying to watch that movie.

They did. I worked there. They also used to sell printed logo shirts of shit they didn't own for years until they got confronted about it. They also used to charge people showing old movies off of DVDs, which is extremely lame. They got called on that too.

REAL TALK!

ohmwrecker
06-07-2011, 09:58 PM
OK, but who gives a shit?

koriwhat
06-07-2011, 10:01 PM
OK, but who gives a shit?

who really gives a shit about some dipshit texting? i don't.

btw, you're a dumbass who now looks like more of a dumbass... "they don't show pirated movies!" dumbass!

ohmwrecker
06-07-2011, 10:14 PM
A watermarked copy of a Transformers cartoon? That's your smoking gun? There is no way they could get away with showing pirated movies. That shit is heavily regulated. They would be shut down instead of opening new theaters.

koriwhat
06-07-2011, 10:19 PM
A watermarked copy of a Transformers cartoon? That's your smoking gun? There is no way they could get away with showing pirated movies. That shit is heavily regulated. They would be shut down instead of opening new theaters.

are you fucking kidding me? copyright is copyright is copyright, regardless of content!

like i said, you're a fuckin' idiot man.

now go back and comment on some more celebrity gossip you homo.

ohmwrecker
06-07-2011, 10:44 PM
What?!

Go ahead and explain to me how a movie theater stays in business showing illegal movies and we can let this go.

koriwhat
06-07-2011, 10:45 PM

koriwhat
06-07-2011, 10:46 PM
They don't use pirated material . . . lol

Frenzy
06-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Don't like rules don't head to said establishment. The theater will do fine with out your business.

koriwhat
06-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Don't like rules don't head to said establishment. The theater will do fine with out your business.

and i don't go to said establishments and haven't in forever... fuck the theater, their overpriced tickets, the shitty movies that play there, and adh's shitty employees and stupid fuckin' crowds that frequent their theaters.

rr2418
06-07-2011, 11:49 PM
If you have kids and they have to keep texting you every second, or you have to keep tabs of their comings and goings then maybe you should stay home and rent a movie! This way you can pause the movie and tend to you kids.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2011, 04:17 AM
So was Alamo Draft House ever sued for copyright infringement by Sunbow?

And really, get a sitter and turn off your phone.

koriwhat
06-08-2011, 05:10 AM
So was Alamo Draft House ever sued for copyright infringement by Sunbow?

And really, get a sitter and turn off your phone.

doubt it, but back when i used to frequent that place to get shit faced and watch dumbass movies, most were pirated copies. that's back before they adopted this new outlook here in SA. since the inception of the new location at parknorth it seems as though the ADH philosophy has become anal about everything that made ADH what it is.

when i used to go there, yeah i was annoyed by the constant chatter but you go with the flow because you understand where you are and how that place operates. and yes, i understand texting, light, chatter, phone use, etc is annoying as hell but when the hell did ADH become a real cinema that is actually promoting something to the masses and not necessarily to their niche audience? i suppose building the great pyramid, parknorth location, has gone to their heads and now it's less about the experience and more about the regular theater monotony.

i mean, really, one look at that anal retentive owner will answer my question. dude looks like a dickhead to begin with.

leemajors
06-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Drafthouse went all corporate about a year ago. Basically weeded out everyone who had worked there for 10+ years, and now their management is largely Johnny Carino's and Rudy's execs that don't give a shit about anything but the bottom line. That is what irks me about this kinda shit Tim League blogs, because he really doesn't give a shit except for throwing his brand out there for everyone to look at.

to21
06-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Texting in a movie doesn't really bother me...I personally don't do it and try to avoid it. That doesn't mean I haven't gotten a text before. If I feel it's important enough to issue a response, then I'll do it without making it a spectacle.

to21
06-08-2011, 07:28 AM
I always get stuck next to the guy who has to explain the movie to his wife and talks through out the flick.

koriwhat
06-08-2011, 09:02 AM
mouse is the shittiest wannabe comedian ever, as well as internet troll.

MannyIsGod
06-08-2011, 09:15 AM
If you have kids and they have to keep texting you every second, or you have to keep tabs of their comings and goings then maybe you should stay home and rent a movie! This way you can pause the movie and tend to you kids.

:tu

MannyIsGod
06-08-2011, 09:17 AM
doubt it, but back when i used to frequent that place to get shit faced and watch dumbass movies, most were pirated copies. that's back before they adopted this new outlook here in SA. since the inception of the new location at parknorth it seems as though the ADH philosophy has become anal about everything that made ADH what it is.

when i used to go there, yeah i was annoyed by the constant chatter but you go with the flow because you understand where you are and how that place operates. and yes, i understand texting, light, chatter, phone use, etc is annoying as hell but when the hell did ADH become a real cinema that is actually promoting something to the masses and not necessarily to their niche audience? i suppose building the great pyramid, parknorth location, has gone to their heads and now it's less about the experience and more about the regular theater monotony.

i mean, really, one look at that anal retentive owner will answer my question. dude looks like a dickhead to begin with.

So, on one hand you bitch about what they were and then you bitch about them selling out to become like other theaters. You are an angry young man, Koriwhat.

MannyIsGod
06-08-2011, 09:20 AM
I always get stuck next to the guy who has to explain the movie to his wife and talks through out the flick.

That is the ultimate annoying shit right there.

koriwhat
06-08-2011, 10:41 AM
So, on one hand you bitch about what they were and then you bitch about them selling out to become like other theaters. You are an angry young man, Koriwhat.

i really don't care what they "were" to begin with, i used to go there periodically with a couple friends who loved that place, i didn't love it so much but it was fun to go have some beers and watch some shitty pirated B-rated movies.

i just find it ironic how ADH's model has changed, how their philosophy has flipped 180 in such a short period of time.

ididnotnothat
06-08-2011, 11:05 AM
i just find it ironic how ADH's model has changed, how their philosophy has flipped 180 in such a short period of time.

Wouldn't that just be good business practice?

mouse
06-08-2011, 01:23 PM
. You are an angry young fag, Koriwhat.

:tu

mouse
06-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Koriwhat is an idiot..

Didn't he just make a topic about graduating from college?

:lmao

koriwhat
06-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Didn't he just make a topic about graduating from college?

:lmao

i just can't stop laughing... oh man, mouse, you're hilarious! how did you not win last comic standing and become a national superstar? fuck, an international superstar?!

mouse
06-08-2011, 02:38 PM
I do it as a hobby not for fame. what hobby's you have besides online stalking?

Kermit
06-08-2011, 04:30 PM
1. Koriwhat is a fucking retarded, calf-tatted douche.

2. I remember the days of second run only movies down on Colorado, where you would buy a ticket to Friday, be handed a 40 oz., and procede to smoke weed with the entire theater. Good times.

doubt it, but back when i used to frequent that place to get shit faced and watch dumbass movies, most were pirated copies.

I doubt it.

that's back before they adopted this new outlook here in SA. since the inception of the new location at parknorth it seems as though the ADH philosophy has become anal about everything that made ADH what it is.

It was sold, made corporate and then Tim League was brought back. Tim League is anal about his movie watching experience and everyone who loves the Alamo appreciates it . Except for you, you giant fucking douche.

when i used to go there, yeah i was annoyed by the constant chatter but you go with the flow because you understand where you are and how that place operates.

I've been going there since 1997, and there has never been a constant chatter except for audience participation shows. You seem like a bad liar.

and yes, i understand texting, light, chatter, phone use, etc is annoying as hell but when the hell did ADH become a real cinema that is actually promoting something to the masses and not necessarily to their niche audience? i suppose building the great pyramid, parknorth location, has gone to their heads and now it's less about the experience and more about the regular theater monotony.

Congrats. You constructed a paragraph that makes no sense. They're a fucking business. They have theaters in 3 major metropolitan areas. They want to sell tickets. What the fuck do you mean when you ask these idiotic questions about them becoming a real cinema? They want people to buy tickets you fucking moron! Except for you. They would probably want you to purchase a ticket somewhere else.

Have you looked in the mirror.

Oh, and lol calf-tats.

JoeChalupa
06-08-2011, 05:16 PM
What is up with all the mouse hate? I can understand it but damn does there have to be a "not funny" post every time? and hold the mustard.

Stringer_Bell
06-08-2011, 06:15 PM
According to her story, the chick was looking for her seat in a dark theatre and used the light on her phone. Then she got thrown out. If the movie hadn't started already, which it very well could have, I'd say a place as successful as Alama Drafthouse could have given her money back and kicked her out.

I've never been to one, but I wanted to for an Everything is Terrible screening but I didn't want hipster fags talking over it.

leemajors
06-08-2011, 06:21 PM
According to her story, the chick was looking for her seat in a dark theatre and used the light on her phone. Then she got thrown out. If the movie hadn't started already, which it very well could have, I'd say a place as successful as Alama Drafthouse could have given her money back and kicked her out.

I've never been to one, but I wanted to for an Everything is Terrible screening but I didn't want hipster fags talking over it.

Some of the Alamos have under table lighting, which is a lifesaver during the movie. Otherwise you almost have to use your phone to see the menu if you get in late.

koriwhat
06-08-2011, 07:51 PM
I do it as a hobby not for fame. what hobby's you have besides online stalking?

god damn you're hilarious! man, i'm about to piss myself over the gold you spew on ST. holy shit!

1. Koriwhat is a fucking retarded, calf-tatted douche.

2... I've been going there since 1997, and there has never been a constant chatter except for audience participation shows. You seem like a bad liar...

Congrats. You constructed a paragraph that makes no sense. They're a fucking business. They have theaters in 3 major metropolitan areas. They want to sell tickets. What the fuck do you mean when you ask these idiotic questions about them becoming a real cinema? They want people to buy tickets you fucking moron! Except for you. They would probably want you to purchase a ticket somewhere else.

1. whatever, you don't like me, cool. i don't give a fuck, it's all good.

2. why the fuck would i lie about my experiences at a fuckin' movie theater of all things? are you serious? you don't have to believe anything i say at ST, you don't matter to me so keep on being a little bitch.

3. i hope they do want me to buy a ticket somewhere else because i'm definitely not wasting my money at their shitty establishment.

4. why you so homo for ADH in the first place? is it your life's dream to suck off that tim dude, is that why you're so offended by my words and feel the need to lash out?

jack sommerset
06-08-2011, 08:16 PM
I text sometimes durning movies. It's on silent. I text from my lap. If someone has a problem with that they can go fuck themselves. With that said, I do not draw attention to myself and I dont think anyone in theater ever gave it a second thought perhaps they never even seen me do it.

MannyIsGod
06-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Why am I not surprised.

mouse
06-08-2011, 08:58 PM
What is up with all the mouse hate?

It's usually the same two tea baggers koriwhat and Fpoonsie

but for some reason koriwhat has a raging hard on for me. Just the thought of him typing with one hand and tightly clutching his greasy scrotum with the other as he replies to my every post can sometimes make me feel quite awkward at times. I'm not sure how far he will go with his passionate stalking. It's like he's the Club's version of Anthony Weiner

rr2418
06-08-2011, 10:18 PM
The thing about texting in a movie theater even though you might have it on "silent" is that people still might notice the light coming from the cell. It's a distraction period!! I know the response to that is something like, "If you don't like it, fuck off!!", but really, it's the theater's rules and they have every right to inforce those rules. We as customers have to follow the rules! It's really that simple! By the way, all those people who have to have a cell phone attached to their hand, how did you get through the day before there were cell phones? :lol

koriwhat
06-08-2011, 10:58 PM
It's usually the same two tea baggers koriwhat and Fpoonsie

but for some reason koriwhat has a raging hard on for me. Just the thought of him typing with one hand and tightly clutching his greasy scrotum with the other as he replies to my every post can sometimes make me feel quite awkward at times. I'm not sure how far he will go with his passionate stalking. It's like he's the Club's version of Anthony Weiner

don't flatter yourself old man... i don't give a fuck about you. you could die tonight, a thread made in your honor tomorrow, and i will still not give a fuck. it is what it is.

btw, hahaha dude, you're such a funny motherfucker! you should have your own comedy central special! wow man, the comedians i met out in LA have nothing on you, how the hell did some of them end up in movies and 1 hr tv specials? boggles the mind!