PDA

View Full Version : The 6 foot midget starting today

mariners
06-07-2011, 01:53 PM
:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant:elep hant:elephant

cheguevara
06-07-2011, 01:55 PM
AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
Dallas will start J.J. Barea in place of DeShawn Stevenson tonight. Also, Brian Cardinal will be ahead of Peja Stojakovic in the rotation.

:lmao they are literally waving the white flag

Findog
06-07-2011, 01:57 PM
What in shit? Barea has been awful.

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
& maybe Carlisle is channeling his inner "Mike" & noticed that "Teddy" (Spo) ate his Oreo.

Isitjustme?
06-07-2011, 02:00 PM
If they're gonna push the panic button, they should play Beaubois.

lefty
WTF?

That won't work on D

Carlisle obviously wants his team to score early so his team, so they won't have to play catch-up BB

Nathan89
The midget played a huge role in The Skunker. He just might be able to provide something similar with the confidence of the team behind him.

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 02:03 PM
The midget played a huge role in The Skunker. He just might be able to provide something similar with the confidence of the team behind him.

The Skunker!!!

Nathan89
06-07-2011, 02:08 PM
The Skunker!!!

He remembers.

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 02:08 PM
He remembers.

When you followed The Skunker up with 8, it was easy.

clambake
06-07-2011, 02:09 PM
together, we should prepare the eulogy.

hater
06-07-2011, 02:12 PM
If JJ Barea were really 6 feet tall, he'd be the mavs best player and right now the mavs would be up 3-0

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 02:13 PM
together, we should prepare the eulogy.

Like when you was preparing the eulogy at 15 down, fourth quarter. Did Dirk consider doing likewise? No. Did Dirk think: "Fuck it. We'll just start fresh next game." Nope. Never even crossed his mind. He just grabbed a handful of jacks & timbers & started back down. I ain't even a Mavs fan and I get a lump in my throat at the thought of him down that 15 & categorically refusing to go quietly into the good night.

You. You should be ashamed.

Nathan89
06-07-2011, 02:14 PM
When you followed The Skunker up with 8, it was easy.
http://www.pashnit.com/forum/images/smilies/laughing6-hehe.gifDo you remember how The Skunker ended with 36.

clambake
06-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Like when you was preparing the eulogy at 15 down, fourth quarter. Did Dirk consider doing likewise? No. Did Dirk think: "Fuck it. We'll just start fresh next game." Nope. Never even crossed his mind. He just grabbed a handful of jacks & timbers & started back down. I ain't even a Mavs fan and I get a lump in my throat at the thought of him down that 15 & categorically refusing to go quietly into the good night.

i didn't quit on them in game 2. watched with amazement from start to finish.

don't lump me in, seppe.

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 02:15 PM
http://www.pashnit.com/forum/images/smilies/laughing6-hehe.gifDo you remember how The Skunker ended with 36.

No. The Skunker was butressed by 8.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 02:15 PM
This is so fucking stupid. Stevenson has been playing great. Wade is going to dominate even more now. Fucking Carlisle.

TheRealCB
06-07-2011, 02:17 PM

Cubby,please consider becoming a writer..

Being a coach too seems to suit you very well,but try over 21's,since in a kid's team you'd have problems holding yourself..

DMX7
06-07-2011, 02:18 PM
:lmao they are literally waving the white flag

You know what really grinds me gears? When people use the word literally when they actually mean figuratively.

Blouses
06-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Game, Miami

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 02:20 PM
i didn't quit on them in game 2. watched with amazement from start to finish.

don't lump me in, seppe.

Then straigten the fuck up. How in the Hell are you going to face them at loss, or victory when you act like this, Clammy? They're like Christ, they're literally being torn apart mentally & physically to deliver not only themselves, but, "you" in the process.

What, you don't think deep in the black of their nights, Kidd & Dirk haven't agonized over this opportunity? No wife can understand. No kids can understand. Just themselves, at the end, with time running out, they've put everything on the line for themselves, and for you, at default.

Blouses
06-07-2011, 02:20 PM
You know what really grinds me gears?

beaners like Che...

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Barea plays terrible. Answer: Fucking start him. This is some bullshit bias of Carlisle. And Cardinal is Dallas's worst player. Peja hasn't even been given a chance to guard James. If he can entice James to shoot perimter shots, I think he can stay on the floor.

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:22 PM
This is so fucking stupid. Stevenson has been playing great. Wade is going to dominate even more now. Fucking Carlisle.

I don't think Wade can dominate too much more than he already has.

This move isn't nearly as bad as you all think.

When being defended man-to-man, no one in the league except maybe Lebron can contain Wade. You have to either use zone, or play way off of him and force him to win with long Js. To me, all this means is that the Mavs are going to try even harder to force Wade and Bron to beat them with jumpers by using more zone, and in the meanwhile, are trying to add some scoring punch to the starting lineup.

They really won't be losing as much as y'all make it out to be, but have potential to gain some much needed scoring and to get Barea in a rhythm earlier. Dude has been getting basically any shot he wants. Good shots too, but is simply missing them for whatever reason. I assume they figure giving him the nod to start can help him get his rhythm going. If they can get Barea to finally have a good game, Miami is fucked.

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Cubby,please consider becoming a writer..

Being a coach too seems to suit you very well,but try over 21's,since in a kid's team you'd have problems holding yourself..

I was a coach for awhile, but, they ran me off from the Boy's Club for being, you know, me.

tee, hee

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:23 PM
If he can entice James to shoot perimter shots, I think he can stay on the floor.

Not going to work unless he literally leaves him wide open. Lebron knows all he has to do is dribble up to Peja, put his back on him, spin move, then dunk.

cheguevara
06-07-2011, 02:23 PM
You know what really grinds me gears? When people use the word literally when they actually mean figuratively.

:rolleyes

read the words "Bryan Cardinal" and give my post another shot

mariners
06-07-2011, 02:25 PM
the point of this move is to get bibby on JJB not Chalmers

Giuseppe
Bryant Cardinal

You SOB, you, Che.

Hold me the fuck back, boys.

http://mlb.mlb.com/images/2003/07/24/7HWDq2FS.jpg

mavsfan1000
Not going to work unless he literally leaves him wide open. Lebron knows all he has to do is dribble up to Peja, put his back on him, spin move, then dunk.
James has yet to do anything this series sustantial except on the fast break. And help defense will definitely need to be there. You don't want to leave Peja on an island obviously. But if James has to guard Peja, that opens up things for everyone else as James' help defense is vital to Miami.

TheRealCB
I was a coach for awhile, but, they ran me off from the Boy's Club for being, you know, me.

tee, hee

I understand,no reason to try and oppress yourself my friend :toast

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:28 PM
James has yet to do anything this series sustantial except on the fast break. And help defense will definitely need to be there. You don't want to leave Peja on an island obviously. But if James has to guard Peja, that opens up things for everyone else as James' help defense is vital to Miami.

Thing is, its not just Peja's defense that is a problem. He has been having bad turnovers, and is not rebounding well.

Ghazi
06-07-2011, 02:30 PM
why not Brewer over Cardinal?

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:31 PM
the point of this move is to get bibby on JJB not Chalmers

+10000000

Barea will be able to blow past Bibby at will. Chalmers can at least somewhat hassle Barea. If Barea can consistently get into the paint, good things can happen when having a chance to dish to a cutting Chandler or Marion, as opposed to being forced to dish out to the perimeter to Terry and Peja when playing in the second unit. Miami can make them pay for those long passes. But I've noticed they are extremely weak when defending dive cuts, because they overplay everything on defense, relying on their athletic ability to make up for it. Won't work on dive cuts though, not enough time to recover.

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:31 PM

Probably because the Mavs have more of a need for a guy with size.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Thing is, its not just Peja's defense that is a problem. He has been having bad turnovers, and is not rebounding well.
They were playing him out of position. He obviously needs to stay a SF no matter what.

cheguevara
06-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Hold me, boys.

FYI, the FBI monitors the internets freak

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 02:33 PM
+10000000

Barea will be able to blow past Bibby at will. Chalmers can at least somewhat hassle Barea. If Barea can consistently get into the paint, good things can happen when having a chance to dish to a cutting Chandler or Marion, as opposed to being forced to dish out to the perimeter to Terry and Peja when playing in the second unit. Miami can make them pay for those long passes. But I've noticed they are extremely weak when defending dive cuts, because they overplay everything on defense, relying on their athletic ability to make up for it. Won't work on dive cuts though, not enough time to recover.
Bibby actually plays good defense. I was impressed with his defense on Derrick Rose.

TheRealCB
06-07-2011, 02:34 PM

We are talking about backup PF....He is probably too afraid to go with the Matrix at 4..

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 02:35 PM
FYI, the FBI monitors the internets freak

I'm like McVeigh, I won't go easy, nor alone.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Just like that. Our depth is gone. WIth one stupid move we now lose our punch off the bench. No Barea or Stojakovic off the bench. Key players to our series against the Lakers. Oh yeah and Haywood injured.

TheRealCB
06-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Just like that. Our depth is gone. WIth one stupid move we now lose our punch off the bench. No Barea or Stojakovic off the bench. Key players to our series against the Lakers. Oh yeah and Haywood injured.

Peja has scored 1 more 3 pointer than you have in this Finals son,we aint really gonna miss him.

PS.What's the status on Haywood?

mariners
06-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Bibby actually plays good defense. I was impressed with his defense on Derrick Rose.
:rollin:rollin Bibby played rose for 5 minutes tops, he is a terrible defender

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 02:38 PM

You don't need a bench now. It's fuck or walk time. Everybody plays max minutes. Carlisle should reach for riding crop and use it with extreme prejudice.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Peja has scored 1 more 3 pointer than you have in this Finals son,we aint really gonna miss him.

PS.What's the status on Haywood?
Game time decision. Haywood didn't seem too confident though.

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:40 PM

You're a fucking idiot.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 02:41 PM
You don't need a bench now. It's fuck or walk time. Everybody plays max minutes. Carlisle should reach for riding crop and use it with extreme prejudice.
That's stupid. You gotta pace yourself. It's a 48 minute game. Your team will run out of energy similar to OKC if you play max minutes. It never worked for this team to take away their bench advantage. Our depth is what we are.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 02:41 PM
You're a fucking idiot.
Watch the fucking Bulls/Heat series before opening your mouth next time. Bibby held his own and played smart defense.

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:42 PM

Bullshit.

Depth isnt going to matter too much at this point unless people get in foul trouble. They need to play their best players huge minutes. The only loss of depth that hurts the Mavs is Haywood being hurt.

The key is that pressure is taken off of Dirk on offense, whether its by the bench, or starting unit.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Bullshit.

Depth isnt going to matter too much at this point unless people get in foul trouble. They need to play their best players huge minutes. The only loss of depth that hurts the Mavs is Haywood being hurt.

The key is that pressure is taken off of Dirk on offense, whether its by the bench, or starting unit.
It's a marathon. Not a sprint. This isn't a young team. They can't perform at a high level if given maximum minutes. We need the bench to allow the starters to play at their highest level. Their highest level is usually around 32-40 minute mark. Any higher and they will be exhausted. Anyways Stevenson has played better than Barea in this series anyways. Stevenson is by far best suited as a starter. Bench players need to score to keep the offense going when key starters are resting.

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Watch the fucking Bulls/Heat series before opening your mouth next time. Bibby held his own and played smart defense.

First off, if that was the case, why didn't they have Bibby guarding him down the stretch? If Bibby defended him well, why waste Lebron's talents defending Rose instead of letting him roam free off of Ronnie Brewer to cause havoc?

Second, guarding Rose isn't nearly as difficult as some people make it out to be, especially if you are a good defensive team like Miami. Force him to shoot jumpers, knowing that you have plenty of backing if he drives past you. Not to mention that even if he did get into the paint and was triple teamed, he would be fucked anyways because the Bulls have no shooters aside from Korver.

Lots of people thought the Bulls would beat Miami. I said they had no chance because of 2 reasons - Rose cant shoot, and Chicago has no shooters for him to dish to. And what happened? Chicago got their asses handed to them for those exact reasons.

Shank
06-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Not confirmed.

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:48 PM
It's a marathon. Not a sprint. This isn't a young team. They can't perform at a high level if given maximum minutes. We need the bench to allow the starters to play at their highest level. Their highest level is usually around 32-40 minute mark. Any higher and they will be exhausted. Anyways Stevenson has played better than Barea in this series anyways. Stevenson is by far best suited as a starter. Bench players need to score to keep the offense going when key starters are resting.

Yes, the NBA season and post-season is a marathon. But what is one of the most key things to a marathon? Saving your energy for the finish. That is where the bench came in handy, to keep Dirk and Kidd rested all season.

This is the finish, and the Mavs need to use every last drop of energy they have. They can't afford sitting Dirk for more than 5-6 minutes a night.

mavsfan1000
First off, if that was the case, why didn't they have Bibby guarding him down the stretch? If Bibby defended him well, why waste Lebron's talents defending Rose instead of letting him roam free off of Ronnie Brewer to cause havoc?

Second, guarding Rose isn't nearly as difficult as some people make it out to be, especially if you are a good defensive team like Miami. Force him to shoot jumpers, knowing that you have plenty of backing if he drives past you. Not to mention that even if he did get into the paint and was triple teamed, he would be fucked anyways because the Bulls have no shooters aside from Korver.

Lots of people thought the Bulls would beat Miami. I said they had no chance because of 2 reasons - Rose cant shoot, and Chicago has no shooters for him to dish to. And what happened? Chicago got their asses handed to them for those exact reasons.
Lebron is the best defensive player on the team. That is why.

Phillip
That's stupid. You gotta pace yourself. It's a 48 minute game. Your team will run out of energy similar to OKC if you play max minutes. It never worked for this team to take away their bench advantage. Our depth is what we are.

You seriously get stupider by the second.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
You seriously get stupider by the second.
You are a faggot piece of shit that doesn't know how important depth is. Without depth we don't get to the finals.

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Lebron is the best defensive player on the team. That is why.

no shit sherlock. point is, if a shit defender is doing such a great job on the opposing teams best player, why waste your best defensive player for a task that can be done by a scrub, when he could be doing other things to be more effective?

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:50 PM
You are a faggot piece of shit that doesn't know how important depth is. Without depth we don't get to the finals.

I never disagreed at all. But in the finals, that depth is exponentially less important.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I never disagreed at all. But in the finals, that depth is exponentially less important.
Why is that?

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 02:53 PM
no shit sherlock. point is, if a shit defender is doing such a great job on the opposing teams best player, why waste your best defensive player for a task that can be done by a scrub, when he could be doing other things to be more effective?
Because Lebron is a better defender. That doesn't make Bibby a terrible defender. Just underrated as he held his own and didn't get owned.

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 02:53 PM

With the additional TO's in the playoffs and the extended length of the TO's fatigue will not be a factor. To put that Mahinimi guy in last game was an egreious error by Carlisle. If Chandler is not in foul trouble he should play all 48. Same with Dirk & Marion. Kidd should get only a brief respite (only if requested,,,let him call for it).

There is four games left. You'd be pacing them for no reason whatsoever, beside habit &/or, conventional wisdom.

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Why is that?

Because you need your best players more than ever.

Phillip
06-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Because Lebron is a better defender. That doesn't make Bibby a terrible defender. Just underrated as he held his own and didn't get owned.

Did he not get owned because he is a good defender, or because the team employed a great defensive strategy that forced Rose to play against his strengths?

I think its the latter.

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 02:57 PM
This is the finish, and the Mavs need to use every last drop of energy they have. They can't afford sitting Dirk for more than 5-6 minutes a night.

This^

I would not sit him (Dirk) for a single second. Use the TO's to rest him, and if necessary offensive possessions. Same with Chandler. Chandler must be on the floor every single second of game time.

Ghazi
:lol Devin Harris

Phillip
With the additional TO's in the playoffs and the extended length of the TO's fatigue will not be a factor. To put that Mahinimi guy in last game was an egreious error by Carlisle. If Chandler is not in foul trouble he should play all 48. Same with Dirk & Marion. Kidd should get only a brief respite (only if requested,,,let him call for it).

There is four games left. You'd be pacing them for no reason whatsoever, beside habit &/or, conventional wisdom.

I agree.

I might give them a slight one or two minute spell in each half, but not much more than that. They will get bits of rest in the game as is through timeouts, dead balls, and a slower paced game.

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I agree.

I might give them a slight one or two minute spell in each half, but not much more than that. They will get bits of rest in the game as is through timeouts, dead balls, and a slower paced game.

You can't set them anymore, Phil. The time for caution is over. 1-3 is not a death knell, but, it's too close for comfort.

Go now. Go now. Now.

Don't end up 3-4, and wonder "If I'd a played them more." Don't do it.

Go, now.

Findog
06-07-2011, 03:35 PM
This^

I would not sit him (Dirk) for a single second. Use the TO's to rest him, and if necessary offensive possessions. Same with Chandler. Chandler must be on the floor every single second of game time.

Or take him out with a couple minutes left at the end of the quarters and combine that with the breaks between quarters to get him his rest. Dirk should play at least 44 minutes tonight and have been sleeping in an oxygen chamber since Sunday.

Naruluva
06-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Mavfan really think playing barea more minutes will beat LeCrab?

Giuseppe
06-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Or take him out with a couple minutes left at the end of the quarters and combine that with the breaks between quarters to get him his rest. Dirk should play at least 44 minutes tonight and have been sleeping in an oxygen chamber since Sunday.

Fin, there is no more need nor opportunity for rest. Leave everything you have on the floor in these next 3-4 games. I implore you:::don't end up second guessing yourself after this is over.

Dirks wants to go.
Chandler wants to go.
Kidd wants to go.
Barea wants to go.
Stevenson wants to go.

Let 'em go. Now. They'll go & take Marion & Terry with them.

Findog
06-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Fin, there is no more need nor opportunity for rest. Leave everything you have on the floor in these next 3-4 games. I implore you:::don't end up second guessing yourself after this is over.

Dirks wants to go.
Chandler wants to go.
Kidd wants to go.
Barea wants to go.
Stevenson wants to go.

Let 'em go. Now. They'll go & take Marion & Terry with them.

You have all summer, maybe even longer with the lockout, to rest.

LkrFan
06-07-2011, 04:08 PM
What in shit? Barea has been awful.

Barea can help speed up the tempo and push the rock. You guys will need early offense because Miami's set defense have you guys on lock. He should impact you guys better than Stevenson anyway.

I don't understand bringing Cardinal in before Peja unless Peja has some undisclosed injury or something.

DAF86
06-07-2011, 04:09 PM
+10000000

Miami can still leave Bibby on Kidd and Wade on Barea, maybe the idea is to make Wade work on defense.

Phillip
06-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Miami can still leave Bibby on Kidd and Wade on Barea, maybe the idea is to make Wade work on defense.

That works as well. If they do that, whomever has Bibby guarding them needs to run PnR with Chandler non-stop. Either Chandler should get an easy bucket, fouled, or Barea/Kidd will have an open look/lane.

Phillip
06-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Barea can help speed up the tempo and push the rock. You guys will need early offense because Miami's set defense have you guys on lock. He should impact you guys better than Stevenson anyway.

I don't understand bringing Cardinal in before Peja unless Peja has some undisclosed injury or something.

Because Peja isn't providing ANYTHING.

Cardinal at least hustles, rebounds, plays hard on defense, and like Peja, is very good at hitting open 3s.

Findog
06-07-2011, 04:17 PM

I hadn't thought of that, but you are right, Chalmers has been majorly PWNING Barea.

Honestly, Brewer deserves minutes over Cardinal and Peja. He's a decent option for checking Wade or Bron. I understand sitting Peja down when he can't hit shots. If he can't hit shots, then he brings nothing else. What exactly does Cardinal bring anyways, except for 6 fouls? He should have gotten Mahimhi's minutes in Game 3.

DeadlyDynasty
06-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Hard to argue with Carlisle's methods these playoffs, but this seems a little extreme. Has this line-up ever started a game before? I imagine Rick will have a quick trigger if things go awry, but can't blame him for improvising, I guess...they need points in the worst way.

Nathan Explosion
06-07-2011, 05:17 PM
Dallas is looking for more offensive punch because their starting 5 has a negative plus/minus in the playoffs. But starting JJ on defense is going to hurt more than it helps on offense unless Dallas goes zone all the time. But the way to attack a zone is to penetrate and dish, which is what Wade and Lebron do best.

You can try and force Lebron and Wade to shoot jumpers, and while you may get Lebron, I'm not sure Wade will settle for jumpers instead of just attacking the rim at will. When you have a Lebron to pass to on a collapsing defense, the zone will fail after a while. Think of Wade attacking the zone, people rotating to him, only to have Lebron drive the lane behind him for the dish. If Wade can take away the defenders out of the lane, Lebron will have a field day chasing in behind him.

Oh, and then there's Bosh who can hit a midrange jumper all day.

There's a reason zones work in college, but only work in spurts in the NBA. And in the Finals, if the zone is your best hope, your team is in major trouble.

mariners
06-07-2011, 05:19 PM
just because Barea starts doesn't mean he will get more minutes

Findog
06-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Might just be a ploy to make sure he's matched up against Bibby and not Chalmers.

DeadlyDynasty
06-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Might just be a ploy to make sure he's matched up against Bibby and not Chalmers.

They could just put Chalmers in to remedy it, then. The Heat certainly wouldn't be losing anything. If Bibby's not hitting shots then he's useless and a defensive sieve (like Peja).

ElNono
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
:yield

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-07-2011, 06:58 PM
This move isn't nearly as bad as you all think.
Carlisle could start me at PF instead of Dirk and you'd find a way to say "It's not as bad as it looks!"

LkrFan
06-07-2011, 07:29 PM
:yield

:lmao

LkrFan
06-07-2011, 07:32 PM
I hadn't thought of that, but you are right, Chalmers has been majorly PWNING Barea.

Honestly, Brewer deserves minutes over Cardinal and Peja. He's a decent option for checking Wade or Bron. I understand sitting Peja down when he can't hit shots. If he can't hit shots, then he brings nothing else. What exactly does Cardinal bring anyways, except for 6 fouls? He should have gotten Mahimhi's minutes in Game 3.

Why the hell Brewer not getting any burn? He is hard nosed and would do much better than anybody on your roster guarding Wade. I don't get why Cardinal or Peja would get one second of PT over Brewer.

mavsfan1000
06-07-2011, 09:21 PM
Why the hell Brewer not getting any burn? He is hard nosed and would do much better than anybody on your roster guarding Wade. I don't get why Cardinal or Peja would get one second of PT over Brewer.
Carlisle is an idiot. That's why.

mavsfan1000
06-08-2011, 02:06 AM
Because you need your best players more than ever.
Your best players won't perform as well if given heavy minutes though. You need to be fresh enough to end a basketball game. The last 5 minutes of a game is clutch time. If they are already spent and have nothing left, you will probably lose.

stretch
06-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Your best players won't perform as well if given heavy minutes though. You need to be fresh enough to end a basketball game. The last 5 minutes of a game is clutch time. If they are already spent and have nothing left, you will probably lose.

I'm not saying to play them an entire game

but keeping them down below 40 minutes a game in tight games all series, can't do that. Dirk needs a minimum of 42 minutes a game, with a short breather in the 4, followed up by a full timeout that is drug out as long as humanly possible so he can be fresh for his usual heroics.

Findog
06-08-2011, 09:12 AM
I still think Brewer needs to get more minutes. Cardinal wasn't bad, he has a lunchpail game and did lunch pail things last night.

Phillip
06-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I still think Brewer needs to get more minutes. Cardinal wasn't bad, he has a lunchpail game and did lunch pail things last night.

Yeah, Brewer should probably get a shot. You can see more and more as the series goes on, how backdoor cuts are really killing the Heat because of their overaggressive style of defense. Marion and Chandler have been able to get a lot of easy buckets and good looks doing so. Brewer is fantastic at making such cuts and finishing strong, so he might be able to pitch more offense than we might expect.

Also the PnR with Chandler is really kicking Miami's ass. They need to run it more frequently. I would actually like to see Dirk and Chandler try to run it and see what happens, with Marion or Terry making a cut down the baseline. With Dirk and Chandler pulling the big men out, it should really open the paint up for cutters.

TJastal
06-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah, Brewer should probably get a shot. You can see more and more as the series goes on, how backdoor cuts are really killing the Heat because of their overaggressive style of defense. Marion and Chandler have been able to get a lot of easy buckets and good looks doing so. Brewer is fantastic at making such cuts and finishing strong, so he might be able to pitch more offense than we might expect.

Also the PnR with Chandler is really kicking Miami's ass. They need to run it more frequently. I would actually like to see Dirk and Chandler try to run it and see what happens, with Marion or Terry making a cut down the baseline. With Dirk and Chandler pulling the big men out, it should really open the paint up for cutters.

The Chandler P&R seems to be working much better than the Dirk P&R. Chandler even showed he has some passing skills (the no-look dump off to Marion for a dunk was awesome). Also allowing Dirk to not have to work as hard as well (giving him the legs for his jumpers). If he's feeling better by Thursday I predict he'll go off for 30+

Findog
06-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Chandler needs some rest too before Thursday night. We're going to need him for heavy minutes the next 2-3 games and you don't want him to get gassed.

Phillip
06-08-2011, 11:22 AM
The Chandler P&R seems to be working much better than the Dirk P&R. Chandler even showed he has some passing skills (the no-look dump off to Marion for a dunk was awesome). Also allowing Dirk to not have to work as hard as well (giving him the legs for his jumpers). If he's feeling better by Thursday I predict he'll go off for 30+

The reason it works so differently is because Chandler rolls to the basket, while Dirk rolls to the wing. Chandler is looking to exploit the lack of paint presence, while Dirk is trying to get a mismatch to exploit, or an open 18 footer.

I still feel what should be scary for Miami is that Dallas still has been getting a lot of really good looks for either open shots or easy layups that the Mavs are simply blowing. If they get that fixed, this series is over. I still feel strongly that the Mavs are defending Miami better than Miami is defending Dallas. Miami is getting forced to take a lot more shots that they would rather not take, while Dallas is getting damn near any shot they want but arent converting.

About the only reason I can think as to why the team as a whole is not converting these easy opportunities is they must be a little more gassed from committing so heavily on the defensive end. The Mavs are playing some damn good defense, doing a very good job preventing Lebron and Wade from having easy buckets in the paint, forcing them to earn every layup, or win with jumpers. Lebron is looking completely uncomfortable against the zone.