PDA

View Full Version : Post-Game Taunting

samikeyp
06-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Listening to Vex and Waltra this morning...they were talking about during ESPN's post-game coverage...there were Spurs fans chanting "Stephen A! You Suck!" I didn't see the coverage so I don't know what happened. If anyone deserves crap its Stephen A :) but if that did happen...IMO its uncool because it makes Spurs fans look bad. Did anyone see or hear this?

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-10-2005, 12:05 PM
You could hear the Spurs fans chanting something in the background during Sportscenter when they went live to SAS and company.

Probably not the best move by the fans, but my guess is that most of America agrees with them.

nkdlunch
06-10-2005, 12:09 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/1999/draft/news/1999/06/28/smith_lorenz_draft/t1_grab4.jpg
http://www.finanger.com/pictures/Camel%20Kisses-L.jpg

blackbucket
06-10-2005, 12:11 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/1999/draft/news/1999/06/28/smith_lorenz_draft/t1_grab4.jpg

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

SouthernFried
06-10-2005, 12:11 PM

:lmao :lmao

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 12:12 PM
Listening to Vex and Waltra this morning...they were talking about during ESPN's post-game coverage...there were Spurs fans chanting "Stephen A! You Suck!" I didn't see the coverage so I don't know what happened. If anyone deserves crap its Stephen A :) but if that did happen...IMO its uncool because it makes Spurs fans look bad. Did anyone see or hear this?

That idiot deserves everything he gets. He's all show no go. Dude has no business being a sports journalist. I hope it helps him get fired, another shit analyst bites the dust.

Shelly
06-10-2005, 12:14 PM
I know Manny has a fondness for Greg Anthony. He even told him personally! :lol

samikeyp
06-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Why insult the camel? :)

SWC Bonfire
06-10-2005, 12:17 PM
:lol
Screw
and the
He rode in on.

picnroll
06-10-2005, 12:23 PM
I think that was Rasho and Big Dog chanting.

smackdaddy11
06-10-2005, 12:31 PM
They weren't loud enough. That loudmouth, no talent hack deserves everything he gets. He bagged all over DRob when he was playing. He builds up Shaq as if he is some kind of god so he can be invited to the blowouts at his house. He has as much insight as the camel above.

The real funny part is this A.M on the NBA show, they showed the clip from last night, except, they taped a new segment after the fans chanting had left. You heard no chanting and the lights at the SBC were practically dark. :lol

Sunday night, get a bigger group.

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 12:34 PM
They weren't loud enough. That loudmouth, no talent hack deserves everything he gets. He bagged all over DRob when he was playing. He builds up Shaq as if he is some kind of god so he can be invited to the blowouts at his house. He has as much insight as the camel above.

The real funny part is this A.M on the NBA show, they showed the clip from last night, except, they taped a new segment after the fans chanting had left. You heard no chanting and the lights at the SBC were practically dark. :lol

Sunday night, get a bigger group.

Agreed!!!!!!!!!! :rollin

samikeyp
06-10-2005, 12:39 PM
He bagged all over DRob when he was playing

I think its ironic that when Robinson was playing...he went out of his way to degrade him but now, he says he was the reason Tim played so well in previous finals.

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 12:52 PM
I think its ironic that when Robinson was playing...he went out of his way to degrade him but now, he says he was the reason Tim played so well in previous finals.

The guy is a tool. The only way he's got a job with esspin is that he talks LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME. HE TALKS REAL LOUD BUT after you listen to what he says you realize he doesn't back up what he talks about or even knows what he's talking about.

He got put on my shit list when he stated that the only reason that barry bonds was getting flack about steroids was because he was black and that mark mcguire got a free pass from the media because he is white.

Let's see, reasons barry gets crap for taking steroids:
1. His good friend and trainer was involved with other athletes who took steroids
2. his mistress says he admitted to taking steroids
3. he allegedly admitted to taking steroids in court, so did giambi who later apoligized
4. he blew up from a skinny guy to a muscle bound freak in a very short period of time

And as a st. louis cardinal fan I know first hand that mcguire got all kinds of crap from the national and local media about steroids for a long time. (I believe both took steroids).

So for that sas is a dumbass who deserves everything he gets from the spurs fans. Why? Because he's an untalented hack who somehow gets a paycheck from essspin. :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff sas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boutons
06-10-2005, 12:58 PM
I heard Bilious Walton say "Can Duncan win a Title without Robinson" and the little guy in the middle of the desk sorta sying "no" and then rushed on with some other point.

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 01:01 PM
I heard Bilious Walton say "Can Duncan win a Title without Robinson" and the little guy in the middle of the desk sorta sying "no" and then rushed on with some other point.

I love that, sports analysts must not do their homework. Robinson in his last playoffs was about as effective as nazr is now.

And to say he can't do it now with the second best player he's ever played with is incredible. '99 robinson is better then '05 manu.

bigzak25
06-10-2005, 01:03 PM
screw SAS. you get what you give. he's hated on SA for too long to get any leeway from our fans....

FromWayDowntown
06-10-2005, 01:15 PM
I stood there and heard the chant before ESPN went on the air. I can assure you, the words "Stephen" and "suck" were part of the chanting. SAS just sat there like he couldn't hear anything.

Of course, what else should we expect; he's basically ignored San Antonio (other than to bag on it for everything) in his haste to pucker up to Shaquille's rear end. In the last 3 years, he's directly bagged on David, Tim, Rasho, and Big Dog. He's slow to the game on acknowledging Manu, too (saying only that Manu "has skills").

I don't condone saying that other people "suck," as a general rule, but Stephen A. gets in the ballpark.

nkdlunch
06-10-2005, 01:23 PM
screw SAS. you get what you give. he's hated on SA for too long to get any leeway from our fans....

Who actually likes this guy? When he opens his trap even the other analysts just look at him like he's a homeless who just walked in.

td4mvp21
06-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Did you hear him this morning? (Paraphrased Quotes)
"Ginobili has skills, BUT Detroit didn't make it hard for him at all." Every layup was contested, that three at the end was in someones face. What an idiot.

cmc$purs
06-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Sas = Ass :blah :blah :blah :blah HE IS AN IDIOT :blah :blah :blah
BILL WALTON :smokin :blah :blah DOUBLESPEAK LIKE A MUTHAFO :blah :

T Park
06-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Fuck being classy and fucking showing anything when it comes to that shit bag.

That fuck face deserves every chant that asshole gets.

GOOD JOB SPURS FANS!!! I wouldve been in on it TOO!!!

mavsfan1000
06-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Love those classy spurs fans. :rolleyes

SpursChampsIII
06-10-2005, 02:35 PM

Four of us yelled at Walton and Greg Anthony when we walked in the front door...told them to not even think about jumping on the championship train after we win this...told them to get the hell outa here.

bigzak25
06-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Love those classy spurs fans. :rolleyes

who said we're classy? fuck you too. :lol

samikeyp
06-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Love those classy spurs fans.

This from a guy who roots for a team who's owner "hates San Antonio" :flipoff

SpursWoman
06-10-2005, 02:38 PM
who said we're classy? fuck you too. :lol

No shit! :lmao

MannyIsGod
06-10-2005, 02:41 PM
I know Manny has a fondness for Greg Anthony. He even told him personally! :lol
I HATE Anthony, and he now knows it. However, it's a damn shame SAS wasn't there at halftime because I would have LOVED to see Lori go off on his ass. That would have made my night complete. We now know where they are though, so next time it's ON.

samikeyp
06-10-2005, 02:42 PM
I got 5 bucks on Manny.

KewlKat00
06-10-2005, 03:08 PM
i was wondering if i really heard fans chanting that stephen a. sucks. now i know that it wasnt just wishful thinking.

but did anyone else hear them chanting "we want charles." i could have sworn i heard that too.

samikeyp
06-10-2005, 03:09 PM
but did anyone else hear them chanting "we want charles." i could have sworn i heard that too.

THAT would have been great! :lol

Shelly
06-10-2005, 03:14 PM
BTW, Bill Walton was wearing a PINK shirt!

He's so trendy!

gay abc
06-10-2005, 03:21 PM
BTW, Bill Walton was wearing a PINK shirt!

He's so trendy!

well isn't he gay? :lol

mavsfan1000
06-10-2005, 03:22 PM
I don't get all this hating on Stephen A. Smith. The more I think about it how bad is it to be a analyst when you have to not bore people and at the same time not offend people.

Shelly
06-10-2005, 03:22 PM
well isn't he gay? :lol

:lol

That's an insult to gay people!

CavsSuperFan
06-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Didn’t Walton also say something like... (In my own words)

The Spurs were the better team but a lot depended on how they reacted WHEN the Pistons started hacking.... :lol

samikeyp
06-10-2005, 03:30 PM
I don't get all this hating on Stephen A. Smith. The more I think about it how bad is it to be a analyst when you have to not bore people and at the same time not offend people.

An Analyst is supposed to be objective. The next time he is, will be the first time.

But Stephen A. Smith does constantly remind me that the first part of "analyst" is "anal".

CavsSuperFan
06-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Dr. Jack Ramsay" was on the radio & said...

"Rick . . . uh, Brent Barry is called for the reach-around foul." :lol

Robert Horry hits a three-pointer early in the second quarter: "That's why he's called Big Shot Bob." (Its Rob, Get it Right!) :smokin

"Tony Parker is 2 for 8, Ginobili is 1 for 3 - they need to get the ball to Duncan."

The guy doing play-by-play says "And who is currently on the bench."

BWAAAHAHAHA! :lol

mavsfan1000
An Analyst is supposed to be objective. The next time he is, will be the first time.

But Stephen A. Smith does constantly remind me that the first part of "analyst" is "anal".
Every analyst has their share of haters. Barkley is hated by Mavericks and Kings fans and etc. Kenny Smith is probably the most objective analyst there is.

Summers
Plus, sometimes he just makes shit up. "My sources tell me..." means "I just pulled this outta my ass..."

Rummpd
06-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Funniest Picture Of All Time = Major Props

CaptainLate
06-10-2005, 03:39 PM
And as a st. louis cardinal fan I know first hand that mcguire got all kinds of crap from the national and local media about steroids for a long time. (I believe both took steroids).

Me too -- since the Gibson-Brock days of '67-'68. I thought McGuire took Andro, which was not a banned substance at the time.

Willinsa
06-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Stephen Ahole is a freaking loser, I hope I don't run into that jackass anywhere.

samikeyp
06-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Kenny Smith is probably the most objective analyst there is.

Mr. "eat soup with a fork"? I would disagree.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-10-2005, 03:42 PM
So that's what they were saying! I was watching it last night and I thought I heard them yelling "Pistons suck" but I wasn't sure and that really didn't strike me as the kind of thing that the Spurs fans would hang around after the game to chant. I for one think it's great. Fans heckle players all the time just for trying to do their job, why shouldn't they heckle someone who draws what I'm sure is a pretty good paycheck for bashing a team that just WON THE FUCKING GAME.

Walton's idiocy + Don King's pomposity = SAS

SpursWoman
06-10-2005, 03:43 PM
"Rick . . . uh, Brent Barry is called for the reach-around foul."

:wow :lmao

mavsfan1000
06-10-2005, 03:45 PM
He stayed away from rooting for the rockets during the Mavs series. I was impressed with that. He does say stupid things that don't make sense or stupid analogies that don't compare well.

CavsSuperFan
06-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Is Dr. Jack Ramsay a 100 yet...I don't think he knows what he is saying...

Faccia di Angelo
06-10-2005, 06:42 PM
I was there when that was happening too. We were walking out and I could hear a bunch of fans yelling something and at first I thought it was the coyote crew doing their little cheers until I got closer and realized they were yelling "Stephen A. Sucks!" And I'm talking loud right at him and he's sitting there trying to act like he couldn't hear a single thing. I remember looking up and seeing Tim Legler shaking his head like he was dissapointed in the fans. He looked mad. That was a bit embarrassing as a spurs fan cause I know we are better than that. Even the camera men were staring at them like, come on guys. They didn't know what to do. I was laughing my ass off though when the crowd starting chanting "TNT! TNT!" That was hilarious.

spurschick
06-10-2005, 06:59 PM
The Spurs have no street-cred. I haven't met one Spurs fan outside of the city of San Antonio. or any city with an urban population.

Gee, that's too bad, 'cause it's really important to have street-cred when you're hoisting the LOB trophy above your head.

T Park
06-10-2005, 07:07 PM
another troll.

But now its a lottery hugging troll hilarious.

I was there when that was happening too. We were walking out and I could hear a bunch of fans yelling something and at first I thought it was the coyote crew doing their little cheers until I got closer and realized they were yelling "Stephen A. Sucks!" And I'm talking loud right at him and he's sitting there trying to act like he couldn't hear a single thing. I remember looking up and seeing Tim Legler shaking his head like he was dissapointed in the fans. He looked mad. That was a bit embarrassing as a spurs fan cause I know we are better than that. Even the camera men were staring at them like, come on guys. They didn't know what to do. I was laughing my ass off though when the crowd starting chanting "TNT! TNT!" That was hilarious.

Once again, why is it bad??

Why should Stephen A Smith get away with the bullshit that he spews without us saying something.

Get off the goddamn "I thought our fans were better than that"

Hey producers, dont like it??? The tell STephen Asshole to STFU.

SequSpur
06-10-2005, 07:12 PM
SAS fucking deserves it. WGAF.

goliath
06-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Throughout the years, whenever SAS has been called out (by email, espn chat, ect) for hating David, Rasho, the Spurs, he responds that he is entitled to his opinion and entitled to express his opinion. Well, Spurs fans are entitled to their opinion of you SAS and last night they expressed it.

LilMissSPURfect
06-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Throughout the years, whenever SAS has been called out (by email, espn chat, ect) for hating David, Rasho, the Spurs, he responds that he is entitled to his opinion and entitled to express his opinion. Well, Spurs fans are entitled to their opinion of you SAS and last night they expressed it.

yes SIR!

I'm not one to bash...but you get to a point when all rules go out the window!

angel_luv
06-10-2005, 11:18 PM

All's fair in love, war, and journalism. I say, " Let the truth be told: Steven A. Smith is a complete moron!"

angel_luv
06-10-2005, 11:19 PM

Precisely

duncan_21
06-11-2005, 01:49 AM
If sas was objective then I could stomach his yelling and so called tough guy attitude. If he can't take it then stop yelling become more objective and less ET.

Man do I wish TNT was doing the broadcasts. I would love to listen to kenny, charles, and ernie on the pre, post, and halftime show and listen to kerr, collins, and albert doing the game.

Better then what abc/espn/disney will give us.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2005, 02:42 AM
I really hate that stupid Matchbox song on ABC also. Phil Collins or whatever sucks.

duncan_21
06-11-2005, 02:46 AM
I really hate that stupid Matchbox song on ABC also. Phil Collins or whatever sucks.

I hate that rob thomas song for what it's worth he went solo on matchbox 20. I have to disagree with the phil collins song. Although I don't like phil that song they played is one of my all time fav songs. I liked the stand up song from dave matthews they played.

Of course I'm a dave matthews homer and am listening to their new cd right now.

RashoFan
06-11-2005, 02:53 AM
I liked the stand up song from dave matthews they played.

Of course I'm a dave matthews homer and am listening to their new cd right now.

GOOD TASTE IN MUSIC!!!!

wildbill2u
06-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Hasn't Walton said the Spurs were the best team in the league--but he picked the Pistons to win the finals on Thursday.

boutons
06-11-2005, 11:19 AM
SAS has dished out plenty of gratuitous cheap shots at Rasho, Glenn, etc with no chance for rebuttal.

May the Spurs fans trash SAS/ESPN SBC broadcasts at every possible opportunity.

It's not a matter of "class", which of course isn't a concept SAS is remotely familiar with. It's a matter of fighting fire with fire.

If SAS/ESPN can't take the heat, then get the fuck out of the kitchen.

angel_luv
06-11-2005, 01:57 PM
I think that was Rasho and Big Dog chanting.

Says Steven A Smith: " I'll get you my pretty ( Rasho) and your Big Doggie too! Hehehehehe!"

LilMissSPURfect
06-13-2005, 12:45 AM
2nite was awesome

Raptorfan
06-13-2005, 01:20 AM
Just a theory but it's been formulating in my head for about 3 years now. SAS has a prob with the Spurs because it isn't dominated by black Americans. Even TD isn't just what he likes although he is acceptable. Imagine what he'd be saying about Ginobli if he were black, was born in a major US city and talked like SAS. SAS'd be all over his jock. I've noticed that in others too but too bad for them if they can't get used to it. That is the very reason I love SAS. The more foreign players the better the international game becomes and the more popular bball becomes worldwide. I hope the Spurs sweep the Pistons and a bunch more international players are taken in the first round (and US players get to take their place overseas so they don't lose their jobs).

jalbre6
06-13-2005, 02:15 AM
Just a theory but it's been formulating in my head for about 3 years now. SAS has a prob with the Spurs because it isn't dominated by black Americans. Even TD isn't just what he likes although he is acceptable. Imagine what he'd be saying about Ginobli if he were black, was born in a major US city and talked like SAS. SAS'd be all over his jock. I've noticed that in others too but too bad for them if they can't get used to it. That is the very reason I love SAS. The more foreign players the better the international game becomes and the more popular bball becomes worldwide. I hope the Spurs sweep the Pistons and a bunch more international players are taken in the first round (and US players get to take their place overseas so they don't lose their jobs).

I've always thought that Stephen A.'s dislike of the Spurs wasn't really the team, it was moreso the town.

I doubt that he is a racist. ESPN, being owned by Disney, wouldn't allow anyone with known attitudes like that on their payroll.

rwb
06-13-2005, 04:58 AM
At the risk of being attacked, I personally didn't appreciate the shouting in the background. SAS makes me want to vomit, too, but there are better ways to express onesself than to be inappropriate in front of a national audience and lowering down to his level. Next thing you know, there'll be shouts of "bullshit" every time there's a foul and ragging on injured opposing players. Let's not go there, okay? Spurs fans should reflect Spurs class. Just my opinion.

Useruser666
06-13-2005, 08:48 AM
I think SAS has a problem with the SAS (San Antonio Spurs) because they have the same acronym. :lol

IX_Equilibrium
06-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Gee, that's too bad, 'cause it's really important to have street-cred when you're hoisting the LOB trophy above your head.

hahaha

sa_butta
06-13-2005, 09:01 AM
I couldnt give two shits what any of those idiots says about our team or how much they go against us. As long as we keep winning games and making title runs its all good in SAS.

IX_Equilibrium
06-13-2005, 09:05 AM
And I'm talking loud right at him and he's sitting there trying to act like he couldn't hear a single thing.

What were you saying?

TOP-CHERRY
06-13-2005, 09:11 AM
It's a great thing to see our fans stick up for their guys (the Spurs) for being trashed so much from this moron. Ofcourse the Spurs players can't say anything, so what better way to make Smith be exposed as the hated idiot he is by us fans doing something about it?

I say, great job, people!!!!