PDA

View Full Version : Baylor University- Business school

Fdawg07
06-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Whats up,

I was just accepted into Baylor University's Master of Science in Management Information Systems program.

I don't know too much about their Business school. I've done some research online but was wondering if anyone has any first hand experience from there and can give me any advice about it?

Some pros and cons...anything would be great.

Thanks in advance!

JayTheClown
06-07-2011, 05:57 PM
I have a cousin who goes to Baylor. She seems to like alot. Baylor is an OK school from what I can tell. If I didn't go to SMU I may have strongly considered Baylor.

DesignatedT
06-07-2011, 07:16 PM
If you go by rankings, UT's McCombs and TAMU's Mays are definately at the top. Other good Tier 1's are TCU's Neely, Baylor's Hankamer and SMU's Cox.

Have you already made up your mind about attending there?

In terms of national recognition though UTs Mccombs is by far the best and both Mccombs and Mays would be significant;y cheaper then attending Baylor (unless your receiving a scholarship of some sort). Don't have much info on Baylor since I didn't go there (I go to A&M) but I am sure the program is great just like the rest of the academics there.

tlongII
06-07-2011, 08:07 PM
I got my MBA in the mid-90's. Lots of group projects and it was fairly time-consuming considering I was also working full time. I enjoyed every minute of it though. You couldn't get an online master's degree back then.

Fdawg07
06-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Well I just graduated from Texas A&M with a Bachelors of Science in Industrial Distribution a few weeks ago and was really intrigued by some of the classes I took about the growth of technology in distribution, like databases and ERP systems.

There are not that many masters program in information systems in Texas. 2 of the best ones I saw were at TAMU and Baylor. TAMU's just seemed really difficult to get into because my scores were a little above average, but not what they wanted. Thats why I applied to Baylor's. Another plus is that the program is 1.5 years and its a change of scenery for a bit.

I know that ut's and A&M's business schools are the best in Texas, but it's just the masters of MIS program which I was wondering about.

Thanks for all the input so far!

Fdawg07
06-08-2011, 04:49 PM
anyone else with advice????

thanks!

coyotes_geek
06-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Friend of mine went thru Baylor's MBA program. She's happy with it FWIW.

JoeChalupa
06-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Congrats! :tu

Fdawg07
06-08-2011, 05:59 PM
appreciate everyones feedback!