PDA

View Full Version : Why can't the Mavs make open shots?

DJ Mbenga
06-07-2011, 10:49 PM
I know they won but it seemed like every open shot was a brick. they had so many chances to pull away.

DazedAndConfused
06-07-2011, 10:52 PM
One word.

Pressure.

TJastal
06-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Winning this game tonight will boost the confidence of the shooters for the next.

bulletedge
06-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Choking. Except for Dirk.

That being said, as great as he played, Dwhistle choked at the line. He got a lucky bounce to get the first one down and totally bricked the second.

A lotta pressure out there.

Bill_Brasky
06-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Probably because they are all role-playing scrubs, besides Dirk.

davethedope
06-07-2011, 11:38 PM
I'll say pressure too, because of the few games of them I've watched over the past
few years, I've never seen them play so horribly. I'm convinced if they just play
a good game, not even great, they'll blow the Heat out.

Nick Manning
06-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Weird game....NOBODY on either team could make a shot down the stretch, and most were wide-open looks

frodo
06-07-2011, 11:41 PM
######s all be worn out in D imho, dem ######s just be too tired to make even the wide open shots

Isitjustme?
06-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Weird game....NOBODY on either team could make a shot down the stretch, and most were wide-open looks

FACT. Dirk made a few big plays, but Miami just outchoked Dallas.

ploto
06-07-2011, 11:44 PM
When guys play that hard on defense, it is harder to make the shots on offense.

crc21209
06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
The game was there for the taking for BOTH teams at the end in the final 2 minutes. It seemed like everyone missed shots, Terry, Miller, Haslem, Stevenson, etc. The Mavs just hung on there at the end.....

TD 21
06-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Law of averages. They've shot above their average for three rounds, luring the media into thinking they're a better shooting team than they are. As the people who watch a lot of games know, the Mavs offense struggled mightily for large parts of the season. They were bound to come crashing back down to earth and sure enough, they have.

The fact that the Heat are one of the two best defensive teams in the league doesn't help matters, nor does the fact that the Mavs are the oldest team in the league. Carlisle's playing a short rotation out of necessity and they're in the midst of an every other day stretch. Both teams looked gassed in the fourth tonight. But this is how it is in the finals. It's always a low scoring, grind it out style.