PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are good...

dabol
06-10-2005, 12:51 PM
BUT yesterday's game which was a good one and the Spurs did do a good job overall showed me "How the hell did the referees CONSISTENTLY give Manu Ginobili that foul call when he initiated contact time after time again.?" He is good at what he does but some of those plays which turned the momentum were sparked by those miscalls. I saw almost 5 drives where he initiated the contact but got the foul. Sometimes he gets people to leave their feet but if no one leaves their feet they cant keep giving him that call. He is a terrific actor with the flop he does nevetheless none of the greats, MJ, MAGIC, BIRD etc had to thrive off a flop which alot of players nowadays do consistenly. I think referees need to call that offensive foul sometimes on him or even keep their whistles in their pockets because he is getting away with murder!!!

E20
06-10-2005, 12:53 PM
He flops too much.

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 12:54 PM
BUT yesterday's game which was a good one and the Spurs did do a good job overall showed me "How the hell did the referees CONSISTENTLY give Manu Ginobili that foul call when he initiated contact time after time again.?" I saw almost 5 drives where he initiated the contact but got the foul. I think referees need to call that offensive foul sometimes on him because he is getting away with murder.

Didn't you watch the finals last year? I believe kobe gets those calls as well. So do alot of so called "nba superstars"

nbascribe
06-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Dabol he's not doing anything different than what Rip Hamilton is doing and if you are playing out of position on the defensive end, you won't get the offensive foul call.

Notice how the Spurs TOOK the blows squared up on the Pistons? That's how you draw offensive foul calls.

samikeyp
06-10-2005, 12:56 PM
"How the hell did the referees CONSISTENTLY give Manu Ginobili that foul call when he initiated contact time after time again.?"

Damn..you found out. The refs are in cahoots with Manu...they are giving him those calls on purpose! :rolleyes

NoMoneyDown
06-10-2005, 12:56 PM
How the hell did the referees CONSISTENTLY give Manu Ginobili that foul call when he initiated contact time after time again.?"

He paid the refs off. Really. Honestly. :angel

HULKAROCK
06-10-2005, 12:57 PM
~True that

Rasheed "When it comes down to it, we'll smack 'em in the mouth with the trophy again."
((((((execution and energy))))))

dabol
06-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Hey duncan_21, Yeah Kobe might get that call although I think not but thats surely not Kobe's total game. Manu thrives off that call and gets to the line more than deserved. I wish some of these analysts point that out because its becoming absurd the way he gets that particular call....On other levels his game is nice...

New Drebly032
06-10-2005, 01:03 PM
BUT yesterday's game which was a good one and the Spurs did do a good job overall showed me "How the hell did the referees CONSISTENTLY give Manu Ginobili that foul call when he initiated contact time after time again.?" He is good at what he does but some of those plays which turned the momentum were sparked by those miscalls. I saw almost 5 drives where he initiated the contact but got the foul. Sometimes he gets people to leave their feet but if no one leaves their feet they cant keep giving him that call. He is a terrific actor with the flop he does nevetheless none of the greats, MJ, MAGIC, BIRD etc had to thrive off a flop which alot of players nowadays do consistenly. I think referees need to call that offensive foul sometimes on him or even keep their whistles in their pockets because he is getting away with murder!!!

If you don't think MJ ever flopped, then you haven't ever watched basketball lol.

duncan_21
06-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Hey duncan_21, Yeah Kobe might get that call although I think not but thats surely not Kobe's total game. Manu thrives off that call and gets to the line more than deserved. I wish some of these analysts point that out because its becoming absurd the way he gets that particular call....On other levels his game is nice...

Kobe gets to the line just as much as manu does with the bullshit calls he gets. Neither guy thrives off those calls, that's just ignorant. Manu is awesome, he flops because otherwise on plays where he gets fouled he wouldn't get the call.

He gets more punishment then he gets called fouls.

dabol
06-10-2005, 01:07 PM
You cant say that MJ's total game was a flop....He busted ass period...when he got a call he deserved it...now on the other hand ginobili didnt deserve all of those trips to the line....He goes through the lane initiates contact then fades away....It is very obvious what he does....and all I said was that the greats dont "THRIVE" off the flop....

New Drebly032
06-10-2005, 01:08 PM
You cant say that MJ's total game was a flop....He busted ass period...when he got a call he deserved it...now on the other hand ginobili didnt deserve all of those trips to the line....He goes through the lane initiates contact then fades away....It is very obvious what he does....and all I said was that the greats dont "THRIVE" off the flop....

i agree with you about Manu, i'm a Pistons fan, but the game was pretty even overall they called a good game other than maybe 2 calls they blew. They let the teams play and that was fun basketball to watch. Our boys will be ready Sunday no worries.

HULKAROCK
06-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Kobe gets to the line just as much as manu does with the bullshit calls he gets. Neither guy thrives off those calls, that's just ignorant. Manu is awesome, he flops because otherwise on plays where he gets fouled he wouldn't get the call.

He gets more punishment then he gets called fouls.

Manu's name should be SHAMOO, he flops so much,.,

Solid D
06-10-2005, 01:10 PM
BUT yesterday's game which was a good one and the Spurs did do a good job overall showed me "How the hell did the referees CONSISTENTLY give Manu Ginobili that foul call when he initiated contact time after time again.?" I saw almost 5 drives where he initiated the contact but got the foul. I think referees need to call that offensive foul sometimes on him because he is getting away with murder.

Answer: See Paul Pierce, Allen Iverson, Amare Stoudamire, Shaquille O'Neal, Jermaine O'Neal, Reggie Miller, Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Antoine Walker, Tim Duncan, Kenyon Martin, Antonio Daniels, Ben Gordon, Stephon Marbury.....Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kevin McHale, Charles Barkley, Elgin Baylor, Karl Malone, John Havlicek, Moses Malone, Clyde Drexler, Maurice Lucas, Nate the Skate Archibald, Lloyd Free, Bernard King, Alvin Adams, Dominique Wilkins, Drazen Petrovic, Walt "Clyde" Frazier, Earl "the Pearl" Monroe, Andrew Toney, Billy Cunningham, John Stockton, Bobby Dandridge, Wes Unseld..........

Next

dabol
06-10-2005, 01:11 PM
duncan_21,

When kobe goes to the line he either gets people to leave their feet or he is in the air...Im not a huge Kobe fan so thats all i gotta say about that but watch manu's highlights and they all are him leaning in and drawing the foul even when the defensive player doesnt leave their feet....if u know basketball u should know that the offensive player can't initiate contact and if so its an offensive foul

SouthernFried
06-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Yes..the REF's are all against the Pistons. Manu is getting calls even more than MJ!! The world just hates Detroit. I think BEN shoulda just slugged the ref and got it over with. Christ, 1 or 2 calls...and the game woulda been different...and I'll show you for fact in an "in depth" analysis of that foul. Manu is getting STAR treatment!

It ain't FAIR!!

When did Pistons fans start sounding like Denver and Sonics fans?

IamJacksJersey
06-10-2005, 01:12 PM
boo-hoo.

New Drebly032
06-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Yes..the REF's are all against the Pistons. Manu is getting calls even more than MJ!! The world just hates Detroit. I think BEN shoulda just slugged the ref and got it over with. Christ, 1 or 2 calls...and the game woulda been different. Manu is getting STAR treatment!

It ain't FAIR!!

When did Pistons fans start sounding like Denver and Sonics fans?

I'm not i thought the game was called evenly, the Heat series wasnt, but so far this wasnt too bad. Maybe like 1-2 calls but thats it.

nkdlunch
06-10-2005, 01:14 PM
http://www.dollartworks.com/Web%20ready%20pictures/Web%20Cry%20Baby%20cu.gif

dabol
06-10-2005, 01:16 PM
All Im saying is that he did that for a while now and wondered if I was the only one who thought that....and no one is whining here just pointing out something... I said the game was good overall in my first post but just seeing some adjustments so that it will be better....

New Drebly032
06-10-2005, 01:17 PM
All Im saying is that he did that for a while now and wondered if I was the only one who thought that....and no one is whining here just pointing out something... I said the game was good overall in my first post but just seeing some adjustments so that it will be better....

bottom line, we'll get the calls at home and theyll get the calls at home, and we have no power to change their minds so theres nothing we can do, just let the games be played. no one is whining though lol

nkdlunch
06-10-2005, 01:19 PM
all great players know how to initiate contact and get calls. Reggie, Jordan, etc.

WalterBenitez
06-10-2005, 01:19 PM

Here we go again!!! :depressed

NeoConIV
06-10-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm not i thought the game was called evenly, the Heat series wasnt, but so far this wasnt too bad. Maybe like 1-2 calls but thats it.

Whew. Thanks for that.

Next thing you know we're gonna have to put an * next to the Larry O'Brien if we win it.

*Blown call in game 1, block should have been charge, changed momentum. Spurs go on to win series.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v600/jeremydane71/stossel.jpg
I'm John Stossel, and I say, GIMME A BREAK!

jochhejaam
06-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Jeff Van Gundy said he talked to an "official" no longer in the league and he was told by this "official" that "charging will absolutely not be called on gnoboli" :lol

ambchang
06-10-2005, 01:25 PM

I agree, Manu's total game was based on flops. The finger roll-turned dunk he had? No way he would have made that if it was a flop, and that and-1 he got after Hamilton fouled him? If he didn't flop, the ball wouldn't have went through the hoop. Oh, and all those rebounds he got, he actually was trying to flop, and accidentally fall to the direction of the ball. Oh shit, I am not making sense now ....
BTW, thanks for comparing Manu to MJ in terms of the ability to draw fouls.

ambchang
06-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Amen brother.
BTW, I heard Ben Wallace is getting his inner ears checked, he fall down a lot. Must be some kind of infection.

dabol
06-10-2005, 01:29 PM
re-read my first post then someone's response....please manu is not that good...dont flatter urself...lol

vanvannen
06-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Dabol. Did you watch the stats sheet? Manu attempted 4 foul shot. FOUR. That means 2 defensive fouls called on Detroit. TWO freaking fouls.
If you are bitter about the call on Big Ben, then I agree with you, I think it was an offensive foul. Otherwise, your take is plain stupid.

SouthernFried
06-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Yes...Manu sucks. I think you should just ignore him next game...he just aint that good.

Don't worry...be happy.

ambchang
06-10-2005, 01:30 PM
duncan_21,

When kobe goes to the line he either gets people to leave their feet or he is in the air...Im not a huge Kobe fan so thats all i gotta say about that but watch manu's highlights and they all are him leaning in and drawing the foul even when the defensive player doesnt leave their feet....if u know basketball u should know that the offensive player can't initiate contact and if so its an offensive foul

If you know basketball then you should also know that a defensive player has to allow the offensive player a spot to land.
BTW, Manu flopped so damned much, he went to the line a whopping FOUR times (including the technical FT on Big Ben). I mean, when was the last time you saw a player shoot 4 freaking FTs in a game? No way anybody gets that kind of trips without some serious flopping.

WalterBenitez
06-10-2005, 01:33 PM
so what?, Manu even flops when he sleeps?

spurster
06-10-2005, 01:45 PM
The Spurs had 1 more FT than the Pistons, which proves beyond a doubt that the refs gave it to the Spurs. That extra FT was the turning point!

sa_butta
06-10-2005, 01:50 PM
re-read my first post then someone's response....please manu is not that good...dont flatter urself...lolHe was a rebound away from a double double and took over the fourth quater. Any Pistons near a double double, anyone, anyone.
NBA All Star
Nike Baller of the Year
:stfu :owned

Useruser666
06-10-2005, 01:57 PM

Sorry to tell you man, but you are dead wrong. First off, where do you get the idea that Manu got tons of calls as he drove to the basket? Manu was 4-4 from the line. That means at most he was fouled 4 times in And1 situations. That was't the case. Maybe you don't understand the definition of a foul, or just can't see past giving Manu the credit he deserves for his play.

50 cent
06-10-2005, 02:01 PM
:lmao

Kobe doesn't have to flop. He just has to drive in the lane and yell, "HEY!!!" as loud as possible (because he knows Dick Bavetta and Savatore are hard of hearing) and the whistle blows on queue. An offensive player is supposed to initiate the contact with moving defenders (especially in the restricted zone). When Manu gets hammered, he flops a little bit, but he really is getting pounded down there - he just adds a little more to it for effect.

jochhejaam
06-10-2005, 02:09 PM
He was a rebound away from a double double and took over the fourth quater. Any Pistons near a double double, anyone, anyone.
NBA All Star
Nike Baller of the Year
:stfu :owned

Yes, we had 3 triple-doubles

Billups 25 pts 16 Field Goal Attempts 43 minutes
Hamilton 14 pts 21 Field Goal Attempts 39 minutes
Prince 11 pts 12 Field Goal Attempts 32 minutes

:lol

Extra Stout
06-10-2005, 02:09 PM
re-read my first post then someone's response....please manu is not that good...dont flatter urself...lolI see that the columnists from Denver are bandwagoning on the Pistons now.

zocheez
06-10-2005, 02:13 PM
I just want to say, this game the refs swallowed the whistle for the most part. Manu hit the ground WAY less then he did in the last series, The "CALL" in question could have gone either way. Ben had a MASSIVE flop earlier that was called a charge on Manu where his knees buckled before ANYONE touched him. I wouldn't go calling Manu a flopper when Detroits players were JUST as bad or worse last night. If your gonna say they didn't call fouls on the spurs DID YOU SEE THEM ON DETROIT? If you took a shot of ANY screen detroit ran is the "HOWTO" of moving picks. Most screens have a little lean, or slight movement that is allowed, but OMG i watched 3 times where detroits guy ran by and the guy setting the pick moved 3-5 feet to block the defender. Oh and BTW not one of those were called. This has been the WORST officiated season as a whole, but this was about as fair is you could get.

SpursChampsIII
06-10-2005, 02:18 PM

1. Very bad attempt at humor
2. Very bad attempt at spelling

sa_butta
06-10-2005, 02:27 PM
2. Very bad attempt at spellingIs that a cow or something Shamoo. Or trying to say shampoo, which sometimes looks like Manu does not use :lol :lol . Please win soon so you can cut that hair.

sa_butta
06-10-2005, 02:27 PM

:lol:drunk :smokin

zocheez
06-10-2005, 02:38 PM
2. Very bad attempt at spelling

LOL For those who AREN'T smart enough to get number 2 it's "Shamu"

Rummpd
06-10-2005, 03:45 PM
"i agree with you about Manu, i'm a Pistons fan, but the game was pretty even overall they called a good game other than maybe 2 calls they blew. They let the teams play and that was fun basketball to watch. Our boys will be ready Sunday no worries[I]."

For another tail kicking, 81 to 52 is just the beginning of the end of the real ** champs ("stolen" title beating due to 0.4)

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-10-2005, 03:48 PM
I only saw two plays that I'd call "flops".

I thought Manu took it up aggressively last night, all night.

The "flop" thing is getting old.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Isn't Mamu better than Shamu?

Everybody flops, some more than others...

Spurs_Fan_Nineteen
06-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Psh. I wish people would look at how Manu scores and steals more than how he flops. It's what MATTERS, people!

CaptainLate
06-10-2005, 03:58 PM

:lol

Nice sense of humor after a loss. I wouldn't be able to keep mine till a win, which I'm praying doesn't occur for the Pistons.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-10-2005, 04:00 PM
I think the game was pretty well called in terms of evenly, though not consistently. Did the Spurs get a few questionable calls? Sure. But I have a little trouble believing that the Pistons, for all their physicality, didn't commit a single foul for the first 7 minutes of the game. Bad calls on both sides, standard issue Stern officiating.

beirmeistr
06-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Detroit posters have now been Ginobilized, leaving them sputtering and dieseling.

Kori Ellis
06-10-2005, 04:11 PM
I can't believe some Pistons fans are going George Karl on us already and complaining about Manu flopping. You guys can't say Manu is not that good, he took over the game last time in crunch time when your offense went stagnant.

Chauncey had a good game last night, but why didn't Big Shot take over in the 4th like Manu did?

He couldn't. Manu could.

Suck it up and get ready for game 2.

GrandeDavid
06-10-2005, 04:19 PM
dabol, here is the image of yourself you have successfully portrayed. I hope you are pleased with yourself, George:

http://www.mandrgames.com/images/whinerdoll.jpg

spurschick
06-10-2005, 04:27 PM
It's amazing to me how many threads start off talking about one thing, and then end up talking about Manu flopping.

Solid D
06-10-2005, 04:29 PM
The Pistons shooting touch was a complete "flop" in the 2nd half.

Sense
06-10-2005, 04:57 PM

Ginobili owned your pistons..

Admit it and stop the *cry..

These kinds of posts are absurd in Spurs Forums..

You need to be smarter...