PDA

View Full Version : This is the problem with having 3 superstars

DazedAndConfused
06-08-2011, 12:23 AM
There has to be a defacto closer on the team. It can't be a shared role amongst 3 different players. That simply doesn't work.

Look at the Heat. They have perhaps 3 of the top 10 players in the league and yet they still struggle abysmally to score at times. It's downright laughable actually.

Say what you want about Kobe, but I'd much rather go all in with him because I know what I'm going to get in the 4th quarter.

dirk4mvp
06-08-2011, 12:24 AM
There has to be a defacto closer on the team. It can't be a shared role amongst 3 different players. That simply doesn't work.

Look at the Heat. They have perhaps 3 of the top 10 players in the league and yet they still struggle abysmally to score at times. It's downright laughable actually.

Say what you want about Kobe, but I'd much rather go all in with him because I know what I'm going to get in the 4th quarter.

low percentage clutch play?

HarlemHeat37
06-08-2011, 12:25 AM
They're in the Finals with a horribly flawed team and no coach..:lol pretty sure their formula has worked..

Kobe may have been the closer by perception, but Derek Fisher was taking the big shots in both Lakers Titles(not to mention telling Kobe to stop shooting on game 7)..

Findog
06-08-2011, 12:25 AM

Who are you referring to besides Wade and James? Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller are not Top 10 players.

namlook
06-08-2011, 12:27 AM
They're in the Finals with a horribly flawed team and no coach..:lol pretty sure their formula has worked..

Kobe may have been the closer by perception, but Derek Fisher was taking the big shots in both Lakers Titles(not to mention telling Kobe to stop shooting on game 7)..

LOL grasping at straws. Get back to us when they have 5 rings.

HarlemHeat37
06-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Fish has 5 rings, too..

skut_farkus
06-08-2011, 12:32 AM
wade is closing in as the 2nd best shooting guard of all time

Amaso
06-08-2011, 12:35 AM

:lol

Ghazi
06-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Bosh isn't top 10.

Amaso
06-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Having 3 superstars does work, seeing as how they are 2 wins away from a championship. This Heat's team has some of the worst offensive flow I've ever seen from a team in the playoffs let alone the finals. They get so many EASY points just from transition and dunks from individual athleticism alone. There is no rhythm in their offense. They stay and win games because of good defense and just the occasional spurt of a string of pull up 3s and easy dunks.

Spursfan092120
06-08-2011, 12:49 AM
Bosh isn't top 10..might not even be top 20

Amaso
06-08-2011, 12:55 AM
Bosh isn't top 10..might not even be top 20

Bosh is probably 15 at the LOWEST.

dirk, kobe, rose, wade, lebron, durant, williams, paul, howard, melo are the only guys I would definitively put in front of him (i probably missed someone else)

Alot of the stars like Duncan, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, etc. have aged and no longer deserve to be put ahead of a guy like Bosh.

He's probably on the same level as Amare Stoudemire, both great offensive players and average defenders.

Nick Manning
06-08-2011, 12:57 AM

dirk, kobe, rose, wade, lebron, durant, williams, paul, howard, melo are the only guys I would definitively put in front of him (i probably missed someone else)

Alot of the stars like Duncan, Garnett, Pierce, Allen, etc. have aged and no longer deserve to be put ahead of a guy like Bosh.

He's probably on the same level as Amare Stoudemire, both great offensive players and average defenders.

DPG just came in his pants

ALVAREZ6
06-08-2011, 12:58 AM

Amare is better (more reliable scorer IMO), Garnett is still better (defense and money outside jumper), Ginobili is better + more valuable in playoffs, Lamarcus Aldridge is in question as well, Gasol (despite bad playoffs, still better all around), ZACH RANDOLPH.

Nathan89
06-08-2011, 01:07 AM

Amare is much better than Bosh.

Gasol
Bynum
Aldridge
Parker
Love?
Westbrook?
Griffen?
Granger?
Randolph?
Joe Johnson?
many more can be argued

15 at the absolute highest

Somewhere around 20-25,IMO

nevitt_&_smrek
06-08-2011, 01:09 AM
There's nothing wrong with being the playmaker or "non-closing" role. Someone usually has to take a step back. But this is the type of criticism Lebron opened himself to when he joined the Heat the way he did. There will always be the perception, right or wrong, that he needed to ride someone else to victory.

ALVAREZ6
06-08-2011, 01:53 AM
Amare is much better than Bosh.

Gasol
Bynum
Aldridge
Parker
Love?
Westbrook?
Griffen?
Granger?
Randolph?
Joe Johnson?
many more can be argued

15 at the absolute highest

Somewhere around 20-25,IMO
Gasol -yes
Bynum -not sure, different positions, better defensively, not as good offensively
Aldridge -yes
Parker -arguable, despite the fact you can make a case TP is a better player, tons of great PGs and shooting "PGs" in this league. Another Ex like TP and close to the level of Bosh: Steph Curry
Love? -eeeh...more of a stat-padder than proven quality player, big Qmark
Westbrook?-big choking cocksucker who turns it over and takes bad shots like it's his job, wouldn't put him over Bosh, not far below
Griffen? - I really haven't watched much of him play but know, like Love, his stats are not an accurate reflection of his quality at the moment. Probably will be much better than Bosh some day, can't really say for now
Granger? -no comment
Randolph?-this isn't a question mark, Randolph >>>> Bosh.
Joe Johnson? -no comment

Fpoonsie
06-08-2011, 02:00 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/219xycx.jpg

#41 Shoot Em Up
06-08-2011, 02:13 AM
Still can't believe the refs fall for that shit

100%duncan
06-08-2011, 03:34 AM
:lmao

LkrFan
06-08-2011, 04:13 AM

You are one of those "what have you done for me lately" type dudes huh? :lol Owning the Mavs is nothing new to an elite shooting guard. Matter of fact, Kobe has owned the Mavs on many occasions. But has Wade ever done this?

iJNoFs3G91A

The gap between Kobe and Wade goes like this:

Kobe: 5

ElNono
06-08-2011, 08:23 AM
Who has 3 superstars?

ElNono
06-08-2011, 08:24 AM
You are one of those "what have you done for me lately" type dudes huh? :lol Owning the Mavs is nothing new to an elite shooting guard. Matter of fact, Kobe has owned the Mavs on many occasions. But has Wade ever done this?

I thought this playoffs was the first time the Lakers played the Mavs with Kobe and Dirk?

nkdlunch
06-08-2011, 08:53 AM
wow Amare >>>>>>>>>>> Baby Dino

the trouble with the Heat is they keep changing their gameplan every 2 or so games. They are still a team that is not cohesive and no chemistry at all. I'll be surprised if they win the next 2 out of 3 games

the mavs on the other hand are the complete opposite mainly thanks to having a clear #1 in Dirk and the genius of Jason Kidd

Jose Canseco
06-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Agree that the Heat don't have 3 superstars. They have 2. And the last couple of games, they've shown that they know the pecking order at least when it comes down to crunchtime. It's Wade then LeBron then Bosh. Don't think that's the problem.

Each of the first four games all came down to the final few possessions. And the Heat could have won or lost all four games. They're in the Finals and have had a chance to win every game. Don't think it's very astute to suggest that this is why they can't win when they're still on the verge of winning and having "3 superstars" is not really the reason why they'd lose.

Findog
06-08-2011, 09:33 AM
The problem if you're Miami is that Carlisle is putting his hands down Spoelstra's pants and telling little Eric to keep quiet and not tell any authority figures about what he's doing. If Carlisle were coaching the Heat they'd be having a parade right now.

bulletedge
06-08-2011, 09:54 AM
LeBron took his talents to South Beach...and he apparently left them there when he boarded the plane to Dallas.

Ace
06-08-2011, 10:00 AM

iJNoFs3G91A

The gap between Kobe and Wade goes like this:

Kobe: 5
Oh regular season Kobe is something else, in the finals its 6/24. When it matters Wade is showing Wade > Kobe

SpursRulez4eVeR
06-08-2011, 10:07 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/219xycx.jpg

obviously Haywood's boner fouled James

ALVAREZ6
06-08-2011, 12:00 PM
If the Heat lose this series, Pat Riley should take over next year. It would be a season too late.