PDA

View Full Version : What can we do with RJ

Russo21
06-08-2011, 07:11 AM
There's a couple of players in Sacramento i'm curious about. Jason Thompson and Dante Green. Thompson a 6'11" centre with upside who averaged 9pts 6reb, numbers that dont jump out at you but better then our friggen centres. And Dante Green with rediculous size for a SF at 6'11" and hits 32% from three. Think he'd be a great fit to play defense and hit open threes and leave the paint for tim tony and manu. Would love to see a return of Tall Ball

Jason Thompson 6'11" 250lbs
Timmy 6'11" 250ish
Donte Green 6'11" 226lbs
Manu
Tony

Be great to go back to tall ball without breaking up the big 3 while adding size length and athleticism and hopefully defense.

Sacramento have heaps of cap room so they could take RJ off our hands or even RJ and Blair as incentive and still be under the cap for free agency. Judging from the rookie game a few years back Blair and Tyreke Evans have quite a good friendship and mesh well together for sacramento.

Russo21
06-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Another one i wouldn't mind is with the Timberwolves. RJ and Blair for Darko and Martell Webster. Webster shot 43% from three last year but i am unsure of his defense? Darko is a giant 7 footer averaging 9pts 7reb and 2 blocks.

Darko
Timmy
Webster
Manu
Tony

Blair is an unmotivated undersized fatty so it wouldn't bother me seeing him go with RJ at all.

We'll probably have more chance of upgrading our team in free agency though then through trade seeing as though RJ sucks and nobody wants him and all.

dallasmaverickslose
06-08-2011, 08:14 AM
http://tmpimgs.com/Forums/cool_story_bro_2.jpg

pookenstein
06-08-2011, 08:35 AM
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/4420/blackdildo.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/541/blackdildo.jpg/)

Just put this on the rim and watch him penetrate...

Interrohater
06-08-2011, 09:06 AM
dallasmaverickslose and pookenstein are what's wrong with the internet. "Oh look! A chance for me to be funny or outrageous!" Idiots.

TJastal
06-08-2011, 09:21 AM
There's a couple of players in Sacramento i'm curious about. Jason Thompson and Dante Green. Thompson a 6'11" centre with upside who averaged 9pts 6reb, numbers that dont jump out at you but better then our friggen centres. And Dante Green with rediculous size for a SF at 6'11" and hits 32% from three. Think he'd be a great fit to play defense and hit open threes and leave the paint for tim tony and manu. Would love to see a return of Tall Ball

Timmy 6'11" 250ish
Donte Green 6'11" 226lbs
Manu
Tony

Be great to go back to tall ball without breaking up the big 3 while adding size length and athleticism and hopefully defense.

Sacramento have heaps of cap room so they could take RJ off our hands or even RJ and Blair as incentive and still be under the cap for free agency. Judging from the rookie game a few years back Blair and Tyreke Evans have quite a good friendship and mesh well together for sacramento.

You know, just because a team has "loads of cap room" doesn't mean they're gonna be charitable to other teams looking to dump shitty contracts.

Hooks
06-08-2011, 09:33 AM
I don't even feel like watching the Spurs next season because of scrubs like Bonner and RJ.

Taco
06-08-2011, 09:37 AM
What can we do with RJ

hBhM82xw_L4

SenorSpur
06-08-2011, 10:05 AM

Timmy 6'11" 250ish
Donte Green 6'11" 226lbs
Manu
Tony

The player you should've also included Omri Casspi. Because there's mutual unhappiness there, he may be in play and perhaps could be had for the right offer.

Muser
06-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Not much, you all need to accept that RJ is most likely gonna be here next year.

There is no miracle trade that can bring the Spurs a title, look at the finals this year the Spurs would get destroyed by both teams.

JonNOKC
06-08-2011, 10:21 AM
The one thing with Sacramento is they really don't have any bad contracts besides Beno (which by NBA standards isn't all that bad and who I can't see the Spurs taking back but could be wrong) - so you have to make a trade that involves someone the Kings really want because that is the only incentive for them to increase payroll - not sure who fits that profile on our team - not sure RJ/Blair is enough even with Dice thrown in to help offset salary - trade would be easier to work IF Kemba Walker is their for the Kings at #8 and IF the Spurs would take Beno and his contract

Then something like RJ/Blair/Dice/pick or someone for
Thompson/Casspi/Beno

IF a trade like that went down then you would think you would want to move one of these guards (Parker, Hill, Beno, Neal) in another move or somehow include in trade or get third team involved

Interrohater
06-08-2011, 08:31 PM
The player you should've also included Omri Casspi. Because there's mutual unhappiness there, he may be in play and perhaps could be had for the right offer.
+1 and I personally like Casspi's game the couple of times that I saw him.

Mel_13
06-08-2011, 08:36 PM
You know, just because a team has "loads of cap room" doesn't mean they're gonna be charitable to other teams looking to dump shitty contracts.

Exactly. Sacto has all that cap room because they've been ridding themselves of bad contracts.

TwelveGs210
06-08-2011, 08:42 PM
We can thank him in advance for the next three years of service..

I think Jason Thompson is an interesting prospect though..

TwelveGs210
06-08-2011, 08:42 PM
We can thank him in advance for the next three years of service..

I think Jason Thompson is an interesting prospect though..

elemento
06-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Sadly, I am sure he will start for us next season.

acoelho1
06-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Absolutely no one will trade for RJ unless TP is included or give us back a worse contract than RJ.

Ditty
06-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm confident we will get rid of RJ, but most likely we will have to give up Blair and/or maybe Neal(good players, and good contracts), which to me is not big deal because we got James Anderson to replace Neal, and Spurs most likely will get JaJuan Johnson if he is there in the draft to replace Blair.

I doubt Sacremento would do any of trade unless we take on Beno, but the moolfs aren't that dumb that they will trade Cassapi, and Thompson for Blair,Neal and Jefferson...would be nice though. I can see the Spurs trading with the bottom feeders of the league of course. The most realistic trade would be Jefferson for Travis Outlaw.

coachmac87
06-08-2011, 11:05 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine#

Do it..

Russo21
06-09-2011, 12:51 AM

Yep i like Omri Casspi to. I was going to try include him in the trade instead of Donte Green but i thought a 6'11" SF would be awesome cause there's fantastic defensive potential in that long body frame. Either would be good if that could be pulled off:toast

PS: Does anyone know when Free Agency and the Trade Period opens?:wakeup

cdcast
06-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Come on Russo, you're not getting any of the Kings' young players for RJ.:lol

The 2 keys in any RJ trade are:
1. a non-contending team that's gonna suck for a few years.
2. said team is way over the cap and looking to get rid of a bunch of bad contracts.

One possible team are the Suns, they have 5 bad contracts in Frye, Warrick, Dudley, Gortat, and Childress.

You can't trade a sack of shit for a pot of gold. That's how you approach any RJ trade...plus throw in a Blair and a couple of picks too.

Russo21
06-09-2011, 01:55 AM
Frye and Gortat are the only two bigs i'd want from Phoenix.

You could do something like Frye, Gortat and Dudley for RJ Blair and Bonner.

Gortat/Splitter
Duncan/Frye
Dudley/Insert F/A SF
Manu/Neal/Anderson
Tony/Hill

Not a bad lineup. But i don't see Phoenix taking on pieces of shit like RJ Blair and Bonner. Mind you if theres one player in the nba who could get shithouse RJ back to all star RJ it is stevie Nash so who knows. But they wouldn't get rid of a real C like Gortat and a shooting big like Frye for Undersized Blair and shithouse Bonner:depressed

Ditty
06-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Come on Russo, you're not getting any of the Kings' young players for RJ.:lol

The 2 keys in any RJ trade are:
1. a non-contending team that's gonna suck for a few years.
2. said team is way over the cap and looking to get rid of a bunch of bad contracts.

One possible team are the Suns, they have 5 bad contracts in Frye, Warrick, Dudley, Gortat, and Childress.

You can't trade a sack of shit for a pot of gold. That's how you approach any RJ trade...plus throw in a Blair and a couple of picks too.

+1

I like this trade

Blair,Jefferson, and Mcdyess for Childress,Dudley and Warrick...We get all there bad contracts besides Frye. Suns get a guy who can do well in there system in RJ,a backup PF up and coming Blair who has a good contract, and Mcdyess's non guaranteed contract. Spurs get bad contracts, but players who can fill the SF holes, and our kind of system players in Dudley, and Childress, and get Warrick who can be a solid back up to Timmy. Makes sense for both teams, or if Spurs want to get a big guy involved. They can take out Dudley trade Blair and Jefferson for Childress and Warrick. Then trade Mcdyess, and Hill for Darko and Ridnour, and get there bad contracts, but fill more holes.

Darko/Splitter
Duncan/Warrick/Bonner :rolleyes
Childress/Butler
Manu/Neal/Anderson
Parker/Ridnour

Not a bad team? Draft Lucas Nogueria or Jajuan Johnson, and sign maybe a Shane Battier/Grant Hill if affordable, maybe get another low risk high reward player in Earl Clark for a small ball 4 or mismatches at the 3. Get a cheap big man like Nazr or Kwame Brown, and call it a summer. :toast

pookenstein
06-09-2011, 02:40 AM
+1

I like this trade

Blair,Jefferson, and Mcdyess for Childress,Dudley and Warrick...We get all there bad contracts besides Frye. Suns get a guy who can do well in there system in RJ,a backup PF up and coming Blair who has a good contract, and Mcdyess's non guaranteed contract. Spurs get bad contracts, but players who can fill the SF holes, and our kind of system players in Dudley, and Childress, and get Warrick who can be a solid back up to Timmy. Makes sense for both teams, or if Spurs want to get a big guy involved. They can take out Dudley trade Blair and Jefferson for Childress and Warrick. Then trade Mcdyess, and Hill for Darko and Ridnour, and get there bad contracts, but fill more holes.

Darko/Splitter
Duncan/Warrick/Bonner :rolleyes
Childress/Butler
Manu/Neal/Anderson
Parker/Ridnour

Not a bad team? Draft Lucas Nogueria or Jajuan Johnson, and sign maybe a Shane Battier/Grant Hill if affordable, maybe get another low risk high reward player in Earl Clark for a small ball 4 or mismatches at the 3. Get a cheap big man like Nazr or Kwame Brown, and call it a summer. :toast

So you want up to 9 new players in our system? Sounds like a plan.

Ditty
06-09-2011, 02:49 AM
So you want up to 9 new players in our system? Sounds like a plan.

Really only 4? The rest at the bottom were just other suggestions we can add, and Da'Sean Butler already knows how the system is somewhat runned.

Mcdyess- is retiring anyways so we got to get some kind of value back for him.
Jefferson- never fitted in our system, or just pop doesn't know how to coach slashing Small Forward I don't know.
Hill-Fit in our system but we don't need a undersized shooting guard/ medicore point guard.
Blair-Undersized no defense power forward

for some good role players who fit our needs?

after getting knocked out in the 1st round I think this team needs some new role players, and better fits, talents, and more depth, and all these guys fill these needs unless you want to be out of the first round again, I don't know.

GSH
06-09-2011, 02:54 AM
This is still a "what can we do with RJ thread", right? The problem with Casspi is that he'll be making about $7M less than RJ next season. I don't even like to think about what else the Spurs would have to do to make that happen. But I agree he would be worth having.

If we do get anyone for RJ, I'm afraid he's going to look more like this:
http://damnhot.net/img/damnhot.net/img1/20110401/640/awkward_college_basketball_640_01.jpg

Russo21
06-09-2011, 05:56 AM
How retarted is the Pacers F/O these days?

Danny Granger and Roy Hibbert for RJ and Bonner sounds awesome for us. ROFL :-)

If they arent retarted enough, Maybe someone can kidnap the Pacers GM and hold him for ransom until he does the deal for us. Get to work guys:-)

dbestpro
06-09-2011, 08:53 AM
To me, the most logical swap would be RJ for Outlaw. They are down on Outlaw in NJ more than we are on RJ, if that's possible.

Tyrone Jenkins
06-09-2011, 08:54 AM
I think this is a fair comparison.

Casspi (and MANY other SFs out there) are like 2009-2010 Honda Accords. Dependable, fairly new, not overly flashy but comfortable. You won't win any races or car shows, but they'll get you down the road fairly efficiently. It's a car that most people, w/ a regular 5 year loan, would owe about $15-20k on.

RJ is like a 2003 Corvette w/ a bad motor, one window won't roll down and the AC works half the time. It looked real good about 5-6 years ago but won't perform like it used to now (and in RJs case, never will again). Add to that fact that the Spurs owe about $30k on it and you see why he's fairly untradeable.

Agloco
06-09-2011, 09:13 AM
I think this is a fair comparison.

Casspi (and MANY other SFs out there) are like 2009-2010 Honda Accords. Dependable, fairly new, not overly flashy but comfortable. You won't win any races or car shows, but they'll get you down the road fairly efficiently. It's a car that most people, w/ a regular 5 year loan, would owe about $15-20k on.

RJ is like a 2003 Corvette w/ a bad motor, one window won't roll down and the AC works half the time. It looked real good about 5-6 years ago but won't perform like it used to now (and in RJs case, never will again). Add to that fact that the Spurs owe about $30k on it and you see why he's fairly untradeable.

Those three words are all that needs to be said.

/thread

mariners
06-09-2011, 02:30 PM
yikes, this team is solid not great, but you want to make it that much worse by relying on scrubs you haven't watched play?

Russo21
06-10-2011, 12:39 AM
To me a trade to get RJ out of San Antonio would be to pair him with Parker and see if Utah want to trade them for Al Jefferson and Devin Harris. Unlikely Utah would give up someone of Big Al's size and skill cause that is rare. AK47 is a F/A so the Jazz may have a void at SF to fill and RJ would fill that need nicely.

That would leave us with

Al Jefferson
Tim Duncan
F/A SF
Manu Ginobili
Devin Harris

If you could nab a Boris Diaw, Josh Howard, Andre Kirilenko to start at SF that would be a formidable lineup. (can't think of any other F/A SF at the moment)

It's hard to imagine the spurs not having tony on our team but this is just for discussion for fans hey. Nobody in here is an nba executive or knows what the execs are thinking :-) It's a lineup i'd love to see.

SpursIndonesia
06-10-2011, 01:11 AM
whay is it always our scrubs for other team potential players scenario thread craps over and over again ???? RJ is scrub for his PO meltdown and bad contract, Blair is a scrub for his insatiable lust of junkfood, that fatty, unmotivated fucktard !!