PDA

View Full Version : How come the best spurs board on the planet became a troll center

polandprzem
06-08-2011, 09:19 AM
:wtf

Does Kori and LJ even care these days?

cantthinkofanything
06-08-2011, 10:11 AM

Summer doldrums. Let the inmates run the asylum for a while. Get it out of their system.

Hey, have you seen Franklin and Bash yet?

Cane
06-08-2011, 10:17 AM
This site, its owners, and the users have always supported trolling. I don't think there's enough active admin/mods to really stand a chance if they wanted to be RealGM policemen, there's some diehard trolls that just love getting banned and coming back :lol ST Admins let the users regulate for the most part.

greyforest
06-08-2011, 10:27 AM
freedom of speech > censorship

i appreciate this board basically letting anyone say what they damn well please, even if its idiotic or meant to incite rage.

i only have one person on my ignore list because they image-spammed a thread so it was unreadable.

polandprzem
06-08-2011, 10:45 AM
This forum used to be the place when you had a bad day you always could go in and read some quality stuff.

Every summer it was bad. But right now. I'm just here looking and ' nahh'
Not one thread intrests me because there are 99.9% bullshit.

It's sad

dallasmaverickslose
06-08-2011, 11:14 AM
http://files.sharenator.com/05_cool_story_bro_I_AM_NOT_DIXLESIC_s571x556_14824 8_580_Petition_for_Kingdom_hearts_3-s571x556-182884-580.jpg

Bruno
06-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Well, it's kinda logical.

Few years ago, there were a lot of quality talks because there were a lot of quality posters. These quality posters are gone or post way less so there are very few interesting stuff on ST.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Kind of a chicken and egg sort of thing. The amount of trollable folks on here doesn't help the situation, that's for sure.

Bash
06-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Summer doldrums. Let the inmates run the asylum for a while. Get it out of their system.

Hey, have you seen Franklin and Bash yet?

:tu

Franklin
06-08-2011, 12:03 PM

Kind of a chicken and egg sort of thing. The amount of trollable folks on here doesn't help the situation, that's for sure.

/thread.

If there weren't so many moronic homer takes then there'd be no need to troll the fuck out of some of you. Trolls go after 2 demographics of poster on ST:

1. Blind homers
2. The easily butthurt

Don't be one of them and you'll have nothing to worry about.

ALVAREZ6
06-08-2011, 12:09 PM

Few years ago, there were a lot of quality talks because there were a lot of quality posters. These quality posters are gone or post way less so there are very few interesting stuff on ST.

+Spurs were laughable in the playoffs, doesn't help much

Muser
06-08-2011, 12:14 PM
That's what makes it good. Besides now it's the offseason for the Spurs, not a lot to talk about unless you want to make the 25847865 thread about potential trades.

polandprzem
06-08-2011, 12:45 PM
This season on this board was that one of the best IMO as well and the spurs were winning everything. So it's not matter of the spurs and their achievements.

Quality posters does not want to post anymore. And yup there were more of them.

Anyway next year this board will be nothing but a typical board for masses.
It will be a WalMart of boards.

:shootme

Franklin
06-08-2011, 12:51 PM
This season on this board was that one of the best IMO as well and the spurs were winning everything. So it's not matter of the spurs and their achievements.

Quality posters does not want to post anymore. And yup there were more of them.

Anyway next year this board will be nothing but a typical board for masses.
It will be a WalMart of boards.

:shootme

Then GTFO, no one's stopping you.

mariners
06-08-2011, 12:53 PM
yo monno

TJastal
06-08-2011, 12:54 PM
IMO this board still has quality posters, although it's kind of split into two factions, the ones who worship Pop/FO and the ones who don't. I'm not sure which faction you fall into but the popsuckers are all still here led by 2nd team ALL ST Chumpdumper who you can pencil in for another 5k posts this year.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-08-2011, 12:54 PM
I do think you need a good mix of serious takes mixed with a fun dose of humor and sarcasm. I do think the intelligent takes have clearly suffered in the last year and a half or so around here. You are forced to dredge through a lot of weak posts to find the real stuff. Unfortunately we aren't allowed to kill the weak-minded anymore, otherwise I could clean this place up quickly. Those were good days back then.

mariners
06-08-2011, 12:55 PM
pop has more rings than phil jackson, hard to argue with the results

polandprzem
06-08-2011, 01:01 PM
I do think you need a good mix of serious takes mixed with a fun dose of humor and sarcasm. I do think the intelligent takes have clearly suffered in the last year and a half or so around here. You are forced to dredge through a lot of weak posts to find the real stuff. Unfortunately we aren't allowed to kill the weak-minded anymore, otherwise I could clean this place up quickly. Those were good days back then.

You knows this

polandprzem
06-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Then GTFO, no one's stopping you.

Thanks my lord

Stalin
06-08-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm a quality poster, tbh.

gospursgojas
06-08-2011, 01:50 PM
I agree. This place has really become shitty to talk spurs, but the Spurs finally suck so it would be expected that the trolls would come out. And don't give me the "summer" excuse bc it was pretty bad during the season. LJ and Kori have more important things to tend to now.

I spend more time it the Club now, so maybe thats a suggestion.

baseline bum
06-08-2011, 02:46 PM
It used to be the Ginobili fans, but they have grown up so now it's the George Hill fans.

TJastal
06-08-2011, 02:53 PM
It used to be the Ginobili fans, but they have grown up so now it's the George Hill fans.

I bet you must worship ducks' posts, huh?

Kori Ellis
06-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Nothing is really going on right now. It's not free agency time yet and there's only so many times it can be said that Pop sucks/TP sucks/Bonner sucks/Spurs suck.

Give it a few more weeks when the Finals are over and the draft rolls around, and we'll get things back into shape.

polandprzem
06-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Nothing is really going on right now. It's not free agency time yet and there's only so many times it can be said that Pop sucks/TP sucks/Bonner sucks/Spurs suck.

Give it a few more weeks when the Finals are over and the draft rolls around, and we'll get things back into shape.

I would like to believe it.

Now when family is on the 1st place it will be topugh for you to keep running the show like you used to. I do not mean just quality posts but also moderating.

And can you believe I was close to being banned by you Kori?

Incredible

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-08-2011, 03:02 PM
I bet you must worship ducks' posts, huh?

Don't most people worship things that are beyond their comprehension?

TJastal
06-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Don't most people worship things that are beyond their comprehension?

:lmao

Zing!

DMX7
06-08-2011, 04:05 PM

It's true. I don't post as much as I used to.

phxspurfan
06-08-2011, 04:25 PM
We could talk about that airline that lost Manu's dog for like 5 days. I never saw any threads about that.

Sense
06-08-2011, 04:33 PM
It was still going on during the playoffs and during the regular season tbh

Naruluva
06-08-2011, 04:47 PM
:cry:cry:cry

Blake
06-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Instead of complaining that all of the quality posters are gone, how about making a quality thread yourself.

That would beat a thread complaining that all of the quality posters are gone.

Fabbs
06-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Instead of complaining that all of the quality posters are gone, how about making a quality thread yourself.

That would beat a thread complaining that all of the quality posters are gone.
That can work.

But the 50 60 70 80 90+% of the time a quality thread is made and troll has to post so as to see his multiprofile on the screen. Now what?

Naruluva
06-08-2011, 05:58 PM
That can work.

But the 50 60 70 80 90+% of the time a quality thread is made and troll has to post so as to see his multiprofile on the screen. Now what?

:cry:cry:cry

ChumpDumper
06-08-2011, 05:59 PM
lol Fabbs talking about starting quality threads.

biggerspursfanthanu
06-08-2011, 06:10 PM
lol Fabbs talking about starting quality threads.

You sir are the worst. I think that little allstar medal you have is all the proof anyone needs to see the downward trend of this board. Hopefully it's just in a slump like kori said.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2011, 06:11 PM
You sir are the worst. I think that little allstar medal you have is all the proof anyone needs to see the downward trend of this board. Hopefully it's just in a slump like kori said.Who are you?

biggerspursfanthanu
06-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Would it matter? I'm just a dude with one account that never posts, but have been lurking long enough to know that there are quite a few more knuckleheads than there used to be. But i also know that kori is correct and it gets pretty slow around here during the off-season. So my faith in the site will not waver. Plus i wont lie, i get some entertainment reading the garbage known as the NBA forum.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Would it matter? I'm just a dude with one account that never posts, but have been lurking long enough to know that there are quite a few more knuckleheads than there used to be. But i also know that kori is correct and it gets pretty slow around here during the off-season. So my faith in the site will not waver. Plus i wont lie, i get some entertainment reading the garbage known as the NBA forum.So why are you bitching?

biggerspursfanthanu
06-08-2011, 06:35 PM
So why do you seem so bothered? But i will Indeed concede to you if for nothing else it means less of your weak garbage spamming this board.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2011, 10:02 PM
So why do you seem so bothered? But i will Indeed concede to you if for nothing else it means less of your weak garbage spamming this board.Concede what?

That you're bitching?

Not much of a victory tbh. It's self-evident.

TwelveGs210
06-08-2011, 10:03 PM
T
So why do you seem so bothered? But i will Indeed concede to you if for nothing else it means less of your weak garbage spamming this board.
How DARE you speak to someone with over 59K more posts than you like that..

ChumpDumper
06-08-2011, 10:04 PM
T
How DARE you speak to someone with over 59K posts more than you like thatWhy would he not?

TwelveGs210
06-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Ultimate respect

ChumpDumper
06-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Ultimate respectNot really a factor here.

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Quality posters does not want to post anymore.

Not true, I still post quite often, tbh.

Spurs da champs
06-08-2011, 10:15 PM
lol ChumpDump your a sarcastic ass dude.

ChumpDumper
06-08-2011, 10:15 PM
lol ChumpDump your a sarcastic ass dude.Now that's what I'm talking about.

symple19
06-08-2011, 10:36 PM
i poke my head upstairs and I see another dumb-ass whiny thread about why ST is worse than the old days.

With chump ruining people, lol...

You people that don't like it just need to leave. That simple

This concludes my semi-annual appearance on the upper level

Thanks, and good night

Calispursfan11
06-08-2011, 11:08 PM
What happened to Spurs777? Is he finally banned?

Ignignokt
06-09-2011, 12:15 AM
chump hasn't been ruining anybody since me and Tyson Chandler took him to det rape club where he bitched as if he was RuffnReadyOzstyle. Check my sig.. he said that once.. true story.

spurs1990
06-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Would like to see a list or compendium of high-rated posters.

Then a feature where only said group would be shown on your board preferences.

I'd say there's, what, a core group of 30 or so who can be counted on to "have a take and not suck" as some radio troll put it once.

ChumpDumper
06-09-2011, 05:05 AM
Apparently I made someone's sig. Mission accomplished, it seems.

TJastal
06-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Apparently I made someone's sig. Mission accomplished, it seems.

You're really making a case for 1st team all ST, ball don't lie!

ChumpDumper
06-09-2011, 12:09 PM
You're really making a case for 1st team all ST, ball don't lie!If that's important to you. You certainly talk about it enough.

jimo2305
06-11-2011, 01:09 PM
http://geekwhisperin.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/asckigacop038dn.jpg?w=432&h=256

STAAHP WHAAIINEENG!!!

Nick Manning
06-11-2011, 01:16 PM
This board is just fine...if anything's brought down the quality, it's gnsf with their cookie-cutter takes, unfunny jokes, and vanilla posting.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Don't forget DB.COMERS like BadTakes ^

DMC
06-11-2011, 05:12 PM

Your stance suggests that posters should know the local memes and know who's a troll and who's not, and respond in kind. The problem with that is obvious. You cannot do that from the onset. If the forum allows and encourages trolling, you cannot blame that on the people who fall for it.

Also, some trolls don't necessarily try to get you to respond, they just do it to be annoying (like the one in this thread who keeps posting the same "cool story bro" pics in every thread).

It is what it is. You know what it is if you have posted here for even a couple of months. It's really easy to just not come here if it bugs you that much. For me, I enjoy some of it. It seems that some forums like this one are off limits to it however, but the mods were supposed to be vacationing, and that doesn't normally include moderating forums. It's words on a screen. Use the ignore feature and move on.

DMC
06-11-2011, 05:14 PM
This board is just fine...if anything's brought down the quality, it's gnsf with their cookie-cutter takes, unfunny jokes, and vanilla posting.

I would like to see a chart of the quality of the forum to see when it was "brought down" so we could assign a true cause based on the time frame of the event. Otherwise, the forum hasn't been brought down. The Spurs aren't playing. That alone brings the Spurs forum level down a bit in chatter.

If people like you would use their original names (if they haven't been banned) instead of hiding behind silly multi troll accounts, your takes might hold some water. Right now it seems many of you are just to chickenshit to be held accountable for the eggs you lay.

Nick Manning
06-11-2011, 07:55 PM
I would like to see a chart of the quality of the forum to see when it was "brought down" so we could assign a true cause based on the time frame of the event. Otherwise, the forum hasn't been brought down. The Spurs aren't playing. That alone brings the Spurs forum level down a bit in chatter.

If people like you would use their original names (if they haven't been banned) instead of hiding behind silly multi troll accounts, your takes might hold some water. Right now it seems many of you are just to chickenshit to be held accountable for the eggs you lay.

1. I think the forum is fine, that's why I said "if anything..."

2. Trolling--and the freedom given to the trolls--is what makes this site unique and more entertaining than any other board. If you don't like it, then gtfo and go to a RealGM board and you can have all the vanilla takes you want.

3. I don't know how you haven't figured this out by now, but trolls aren't posting to achieve basketball "takes that hold water." Trolls fuck with the people who have shitty or droll takes, like yourself.

4. The trolling would be a lot less if complete fucking morons like you weren't polluting the board with your painfully unfunny posts and self-righteousness.

5. By the looks of your profile, you've been here for almost a year and post at an alarming rate. There's nothing wrong with that, but most of the good/smart posters here know whose trolls belong to whom, just off common sense and obvious posting style. If you can't figure it out, then the jokes on you.

Can't wait to read your next unfunny post that's chock fulla self-righteous babble. Faggot.

Engineering Major
06-11-2011, 08:06 PM

2. Trolling--and the freedom given to the trolls--is what makes this site unique and more entertaining than any other board. If you don't like it, then gtfo and go to a RealGM board and you can have all the vanilla takes you want.

3. I don't know how you haven't figured this out by now, but trolls aren't posting to achieve basketball "takes that hold water." Trolls fuck with the people who have shitty or droll takes, like yourself.

4. The trolling would be a lot less if complete fucking morons like you weren't polluting the board with your painfully unfunny posts and self-righteousness.

5. By the looks of your profile, you've been here for almost a year and post at an alarming rate. There's nothing wrong with that, but most of the good/smart posters here know whose trolls belong to whom, just off common sense and obvious posting style. If you can't figure it out, then the jokes on you.

Can't wait to read your next unfunny post that's chock fulla self-righteous babble. Faggot.

Fail.

So butthurt :lmao

ChuckD
06-11-2011, 10:16 PM
It was still going on during the playoffs and during the regular season tbh

Couple of seasons, tbh. You don't have to be trollable to be affected, either. As long as there's enough newbs to be trolled, you have to wade through a tidal flat of shit the size of the Everglades to get any decent posts. I hardly post in here anymore. The only place you can talk b-ball is the Think Tank. Not surprisingly, that's the most tightly controlled forum or subforum in the place.

DMC
06-11-2011, 11:26 PM

tl;dr

Chillax bro... aint nobody challenging your trolling prowess. You're safe.

Sigz
06-12-2011, 01:14 AM
What the fuck is a troll nigga?

Texas Chili Dog
06-12-2011, 01:20 AM

Neal with it.

Stalin
06-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Couple of seasons, tbh. You don't have to be trollable to be affected, either. As long as there's enough newbs to be trolled, you have to wade through a tidal flat of shit the size of the Everglades to get any decent posts. I hardly post in here anymore. The only place you can talk b-ball is the Think Tank. Not surprisingly, that's the most tightly controlled forum or subforum in the place.

Think tank...hmm

ohmwrecker
06-12-2011, 05:14 PM
You see . . . you got yer trolls and you got yer puppets. Trolls be trollin'. It's hard to be a troll. You gotta stick to the script. You can't be lettin' people cross yer bridge. You got always be on the alert. Always ready to jump out and scare some muthas.

Now puppets . . . puppets are easy. Anybody can have a puppet. All you gotta do is be willing to stick your hand in there, but you ain't foolin' nobody. Everybody knows it's you with your hand in some ass.

Now a puppet can troll, and troll can be a puppet, but if people figure out the troll is a puppet . . . well, everyone is crossing that bridge. Nobody is scared of a puppet.

Wilford Brimley
06-12-2011, 05:16 PM

I've tried telling her on numerous occasions that Mavs and Lakers fans are ruining what used to be a great thing we had here. I trust she will come to her senses