PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech @ Texas State - Sept 2012

robino2001
06-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Very nice get for Franchione and State for a Big XII team not named Baylor to come to San Marcos to kick off being in FBS. Will be interesting to see if/who UTSA is able to counter with.

Other thing of note in this press release - UTSA is not listed as a home opponent, so apparently TxState vs UTSA will kickoff in the Dome.

http://www.txstatebobcats.com/sports/2011/6/8/FB_0608113043.aspx?id=274&elinkdata=392910

Blake
06-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Will be interesting to see if/who UTSA is able to counter with.

counter with? so you don't know what out of conference BCS schools that UTSA has already scheduled other than Baylor?

there's also a good chance that UTSA and Tech will play each other some time in the near future.

robino2001
06-08-2011, 12:19 PM
I know UTSA got some great games set up for 2013 and out... as far as I know, they have gaps to fill for 2012, no? And no real big games in 2012, correct? Don't think UTSA will try and counter with another good game in 2012?

Axe Murderer
06-08-2011, 12:20 PM
it would be cool to see UTSA go to the Jones

it's been awhile since I've witnessed us drop 70 on someone

robino2001
06-08-2011, 12:28 PM
it would be cool to see UTSA go to the Jones

it's been awhile since I've witnessed us drop 70 on someone

This Nebraska fan remembers 70 being hung on them not too long ago there :lol ... '04, 05'?

Blake
06-08-2011, 01:50 PM
I know UTSA got some great games set up for 2013 and out... as far as I know, they have gaps to fill for 2012, no? And no real big games in 2012, correct? Don't think UTSA will try and counter with another good game in 2012?

Counter implies that UTSA will try to get a great game in 2012 just to keep up with Texas State.

It'll be even more interesting to see if TS can counter UTSA's great out of conference schedule from 2013-2018.

On this board, it's not often that a UTSA fan can throw out an lol at someone else, but a legitimate "lol TSU fan" clearly applies here.

coyotes_geek
06-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech better watch out. I can't think of another coach in college football who has had the kind of success against Tech that Coach Fran has.

robino2001
06-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Counter implies that UTSA will try to get a great game in 2012 just to keep up with Texas State.

It'll be even more interesting to see if TS can counter UTSA's great out of conference schedule from 2013-2018.

On this board, it's not often that a UTSA fan can throw out an lol at someone else, but a legitimate "lol TSU fan" clearly applies here.

I simply think UTSA doesn't want to be overshadowed in any aspect at all regarding their football by Texas State. 2011 will be the exciting first year for UTSA - while State is playing SLC... so schedules aren't a big thing. UTSA has tons going for it in 2013 and after (where I don't know much of States schedule aside from a home and home with Navy and Wyoming I think). So yes, UTSA's schedule for 2013 and after will push State, but I'd be very willing to bet that State getting Tech for 9/8/12 will push UTSA to go big or bigger for their open date on 9/15/12 if possible. They're doing everything they can to make the area notice them - Tech going to San Marcos for a weekend will take something away from UTSA for a short period of time and I bet UTSA tries to do something about it - that's all. After all, this is a school that essentially landed a reality series (if reality series = self-produced 30 minute infomercial) to get even more into the spotlight.

Blake
06-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I simply think UTSA doesn't want to be overshadowed in any aspect at all regarding their football by Texas State.

I don't think UTSA has any reason to feel overshadowed by Texas State for at least the next 5 years, regardless of who plays the roadrunners in Sept of 2012.

Tommy Tuberville
06-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech better watch out. I can't think of another coach in college football who has had the kind of success against Tech that Coach Fran has.

That comment was written by a person who was obviously sleeping for the last 15 years. If you are an Aggie, yes you want to forget about the destruction that ensued on both Jones stadium and on Kyle Field. I was personally at 75% of those games, and I can tell you I burned many agy towels after I wiped my ass with them.

It was so fun seeing agy fans keep coming back to Lubbock, knowing full well that they were going to get their asses handed to them.

But now, those days are gone, and I think that agy nation will more than drive stakes into the heart of Raider Nation.

Tannehill looks like Bucky Richardson, scary..........

DMX7
06-15-2011, 11:07 PM
so yes, UTSA's schedule for 2013 and after will push State, but I'd be very willing to bet that State getting Tech for 9/8/12 will push UTSA to go big or bigger for their open date on 9/15/12 if possible.

2012 will only be UTSA football's second year of play. They deliberately built a modest schedule for that reason. Hickey didn't even want to join the WAC until 2013, but the WAC basically begged/forced UTSA to do it in 2012 because it needed UTSA. I don't think UTSA is too worried about anything Texas St. is doing.

Blake
06-16-2011, 10:23 AM
I burned many agy towels after I wiped my ass with them.

you wiped your ass with Aggie towels?

how did you acquire the towels?

Tommy Tuberville
06-16-2011, 07:47 PM
you wiped your ass with Aggie towels?

how did you acquire the towels?

jgw always had a lot of them available during the years of losing...but after the tenth year of smothering the ags....his supply was low. Then he just bailed on his losing team and jumped on the USC wagon...

Surprisingly (lol), JGW jumped back on the Agy wagon after the USC crap....

so, I would figure that the supply of toilet towels will become more plentiful....

JGW....a singular person who cant be mimicked.....its just too hard to understand his lack of reality. However, at least he stands up for what he believes, no matter how moronic his belief(s) might be.

Tommy Tuberville
06-16-2011, 07:50 PM
I have a feeling that jgw might use that last sentence and correlate it with Einstein.....HE WOULD DO THAT

GOUTSA
06-16-2011, 09:42 PM
lol TSU fan

Blake
06-17-2011, 08:36 AM
lol TSU fan

that must have felt good

rjv
06-21-2011, 09:32 AM
That comment was written by a person who was obviously sleeping for the last 15 years. If you are an Aggie, yes you want to forget about the destruction that ensued on both Jones stadium and on Kyle Field. I was personally at 75% of those games, and I can tell you I burned many agy towels after I wiped my ass with them.

It was so fun seeing agy fans keep coming back to Lubbock, knowing full well that they were going to get their asses handed to them.

But now, those days are gone, and I think that agy nation will more than drive stakes into the heart of Raider Nation.

Tannehill looks like Bucky Richardson, scary..........

CG was just taking a shot at fran and being sarcastic. us aggies are painfully aware of just how bad fran was against the university of lubbock pirates. dark ages indeed they were.