PDA

View Full Version : China overtakes U.S. as top energy consumer

boutons_deux
06-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Oil company BP said Wednesday that China moved to the top in 2010 with 20.3 percent of global demand, ahead of the United States at 19 percent.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2011/06/08/eu_world_energy/index.html

===========

Apart from that the report if from the lying, criminal BP sons of bitches, we can be sure that China and India will be competing viciously for oil with US and Europe, sooner rather than later.

The price of oil will go very high.

And the "adults" running the UCA are wasting any opportunity to head off the certinaly economic confrontations and very probably military confrontations. In fact, the UCA is drooling over the windfall profits of oil at $150/barrel MINIMUM.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Apart from that the report if from the lying, criminal BP sons of bitches, we can China and India will be competing viciously for oil with US and Europe, sooner rather than later.huh?

boutons_deux
06-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Oil prices poised to rise as OPEC talks collapse

"We were unable to reach an agreement -- this is one of the worst meetings we have ever had," said Ali al-Naimi, oil minister for Saudi Arabia, OPEC's biggest producer.

The failure to do a deal is a blow for consumer nations hoping the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries would take action to stem fuel inflation.

It also underlines concerns about OPEC's willingness to help control prices, perhaps leaving the oil market more open to speculative attack.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/06/08/oil-prices-poised-to-rise-as-opec-talks-collapse/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

CosmicCowboy
06-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Nothing to be particularly proud of since China has like 4X the population we have...

Viva Las Espuelas
06-08-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm sure they're taking precautions to spare the globe from any further warning or whatever hocus-pocus word of the day is.

I read an article about the ungodly amount of energy sources they have to produce to power that country. Dams that produce up to 5 times the amount the Hoover dam does. I believe it was 5 times. It also said all that stuff is throwing the earth's axis off due to all the power theyre churning. I need to look for the article.

MannyIsGod
06-08-2011, 06:39 PM
They're not making any smart environmental decisions in China. They are definitely the worlds largest emitter of CO2 now because they use such a large volume of coal. I actually recently read that the Chinese themselves estimate lost productivity at 7% directly due to poor air quality. That is pretty damn staggering and it does provide them an incentive to clean up but with a growth rate even in bad times of near 8% the focus and economic push will be towards keeping the same model and changing over gradually. Its a big part of their investment strategy in alternative and renewable energy.

The sad thing - as CC pointed out - is that they are 4 times larger than us in population. If they approach our levels of per capita energy usage prior to major advancements in alternative or renewable energy the world economy is going to feel it hard because oil will certainly take a huge rise. Their auto market has grown at annual rates of 80% within the past decade and thats just scary. They're almost doubling the amount of cars on the road each year and thats a huge factor in rising oil costs.

Wild Cobra
06-08-2011, 07:52 PM
I agree with Manny on this one.

I forget when for certain, but 1996 give or take a few years was when China started putting out more CO2 than us.

Now they not only use more coal, but more oil too...

I sure hope they have cleaned up the 'soot' issue over the years.

As for energy development, is this any indication of what all our purchases of Chinese made products are doing for them:

Three Gorges Dam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Gorges_Dam)

The Three Gorges Dam is the world’s largest capacity hydroelectric power station with a total generating capacity of 18,200 MW.

I say we start manufacturing here again.

MannyIsGod
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
China surpassed the US around 2006. Projections earlier in the decade had the date closer to 2030 but they beat it by an astounding margin.

Wild Cobra
06-08-2011, 09:01 PM
China surpassed the US around 2006. Projections earlier in the decade had the date closer to 2030 but they beat it by an astounding margin.

I think you're right. I think I was a decade off.

Thanx.

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2011, 03:37 AM
i wonder what was chinas population during the revolution, compared to now...htf they jump over 1.3b in population beats me....

angrydude
06-09-2011, 10:59 AM
we should start WWIII to save the planet from chinese overpopulation:rolleyes