PDA

View Full Version : Stevenson: LeBron 'checked out' of game 4

LkrFan
06-08-2011, 04:52 PM
DeShawn Stevenson (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/808/deshawn-stevenson) is still going strong, on the court and with his opinions. The latest from the rugged Dallas Mavericks (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/dal/dallas-mavericks) swingman is that Miami Heat (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/mia/miami-heat) star LeBron James (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james) "checked out" in Game 4.So what exactly did Stevenson mean?

"Dwyane Wade (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1987/dwyane-wade) had it going and sometimes you get like that when a player has it going," Stevenson said Wednesday afternoon.

"It's very surprising with his athletic ability to put pressure on us," Stevenson said. "I think he was spreading it out. I don't know if it was because Dwyane Wade was playing well, but that helped us out."

"He's not getting the same looks," Stevenson said. "He's trying to find other guys and Dwyane Wade has it going, so I think he's deferring. At the same time, it's good for us. It's a positive for us."
Then Stevenson basically called LBJ a dumbass:

"I don't think they know the spots and ways to get the ball, and I don't think he knows that either," Stevenson said.LMAO (http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6641556)

:downspin: er uh, discuss this shit. :lol

Fabbs
06-08-2011, 04:58 PM
very true. Several times the Heat came across half court, and JET was guarding James one on one. Heat didn't even attempt to go to James.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Wasn't this the same guy who said Lebron was overrated while with the Wiz and then proceeded to get ass raped in a sweep? I'm not saying he's wrong about what happened out there but shouldn't you learn something eventually?

endrity
06-08-2011, 05:03 PM
I wish he'd shut up to be honest. No need to make LeBron even angrier. He'll break out of this very soon.

ElNono
06-08-2011, 05:06 PM
tbh, I can see other guys talking shit about Lebron, but Stevenson has a story of being labeled the Lebron stopper back in his Wiz days and he got his shit pushed...

mariners
06-08-2011, 05:14 PM
stevenson out scored lebron

Red Hawk #21
06-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Stevenson is right, however he needs to STFU. It's about to be Game 5 of the fucking Finals, you let your game speak for itself at this point.

endrity
06-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Stevenson is right, however he needs to STFU. It's about to be Game 5 of the fucking Finals, you let your game speak for itself at this point.

word

Ace
06-08-2011, 05:33 PM
LkrFag my expectations of you are low as is but your lack of reading comprehension is quite troublesome tbh..

Bill_Brasky
06-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah....tbh the Mavs have been doing way too much jawing in this series, while the Heat players have been relatively quiet.....I don't like people saying shit to the media, and if the Heat were saying shit I'd want them to STFU too. I want everything that needs to be said, to be said on the court.

Killakobe81
06-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Yeah....tbh the Mavs have been doing way too much jawing in this series, while the Heat players have been relatively quiet.....I don't like people saying shit to the media, and if the Heat were saying shit I'd want them to STFU too. I want everything that needs to be said, to be said on the court.

I agree except for the Lebron chest punches and his corny motivational speeches Heat have been more media savy this Finals they have been nothing but complimentary. however, on the court BOTH sides are talking mad shit ...so what's the difference?

Marion called Lebron a bitch on that hook bank shot last night ...and i have seen the heat woofing as well ...

Axe Murderer
06-08-2011, 06:26 PM
normally I'd hate for somebody on the Mavs to call out an opposing player, but in this case i don't really care.

LeBron has been called out by Stevenson/the media all series and he's done nothing but fold like a little bitch so i don't expect anything to change.

btw, you can also tell that Stevenson is really trying to get under his skin and force James to take the ball out of Wade's hands and mess up what's been working for Miami all series

Red Hawk #21
06-08-2011, 06:29 PM
^^That's exactly what I'm stating to think. Stevenson is trying to bait Lebron into going into Hero mode. However, such a plan can backfire because if Lebron catches fire the series will be over.

LkrFan
06-08-2011, 06:34 PM
LkrFag my expectations of you are low as is but your lack of reading comprehension is quite troublesome tbh..

Did I :downspin: what Stevenson said? Nope. Then Neal with it. :lol

DMC
06-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Stevenson needs to shut the hell up and pay attention to the game he's supposed to be playing, not what Lebron is supposed to be doing.

DMC
06-08-2011, 06:42 PM
^^That's exactly what I'm stating to think. Stevenson is trying to bait Lebron into going into Hero mode. However, such a plan can backfire because if Lebron catches fire the series will be over.
You aint kidding. Lebron is one of the very few still playing that can go into hero mode and actually come out a hero.

Axe Murderer
06-08-2011, 07:34 PM

ya I dont know why, but LeBron seems to never be looking for his shot in the 4th. I said after game 1 that the Heat were scary because they won that game without LeBron even needing to be the hero but now it's obvious that he doesn't want to be.

I understand deferring to Wade when he has it going, but there have been many times where LBJ has someone like Kidd on the block or a good angle to the basket and he doesn't even make a move

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Then Stevenson basically called LBJ a dumbass:

LMAO (http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6641556)

:downspin: er uh, discuss this shit. :lol
KjxzmaXAg9E

TDMVPDPOY
06-08-2011, 07:49 PM
i think if the mavs loses the series, its base on the dumbshits on his team openning their mouths

Bill_Brasky
06-08-2011, 07:49 PM
I agree except for the Lebron chest punches and his corny motivational speeches Heat have been more media savy this Finals they have been nothing but complimentary. however, on the court BOTH sides are talking mad shit ...so what's the difference?

Marion called Lebron a bitch on that hook bank shot last night ...and i have seen the heat woofing as well ...

I'm all for trash talking on the court, when you're face-to-face with the person....nothing wrong with that at all.

But not saying anything until there's a camera and microphone in your face, and nobody around to challenge you......kind of a bitch move.

JoeTait75
06-08-2011, 07:51 PM
i think if the mavs loses the series, its base on the dumbshits on his team openning their mouths

If they lose this series it will be based on Miami being a better team.

Bulletin-board material is overrated, IMO. If you need DeShawn Stevenson's mouth to get fired up in the NBA Finals you've got serious problems.

Ace
06-08-2011, 07:54 PM
How piss will the Mavs be if LeBron goes off and they lose the series? After all the talking...

LnGrrrR
06-08-2011, 08:17 PM
You aint kidding. Lebron is one of the very few still playing that can go into hero mode and actually come out a hero.

:(

My team experienced that first hand.

stretch
06-08-2011, 09:36 PM
If they lose this series it will be based on Miami being a better team.

Bulletin-board material is overrated, IMO. If you need DeShawn Stevenson's mouth to get fired up in the NBA Finals you've got serious problems.

this

and i agree with the sentiments that he is trying to rile up lebron to get him to fuck up the heat offense, and make it even uglier than it already is. pretty much all they have to do is sit back and let lebron dribble until there is 7 seconds left. if he doesnt shoot, he drives into the teeth of a zone and has nowhere to go, and has to hope he either can make a miracle shot, or the person he passes to makes the shot, with no time to make another pass if they are closed out on.

ive said all along, if the heat beats you with jumpers, thats something you just have to live with. but honestly, how often does that happen?

stretch
06-08-2011, 09:38 PM
How piss will the Mavs be if LeBron goes off and they lose the series? After all the talking...

if that happens, then the Mavs simply lost to a better team. not too much shame in losing to a team that is probably going to win 4-5 of the next 10 titles anyways.

but unless Bron is expecting to score 30 points a night on long jumpers, hes probably not going to be able to have that monumental of a takeover.

nevitt_&_smrek
06-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Gotta love it when scrub-level types like this feel the need to open their big mouths.

Sean Cagney
06-08-2011, 09:47 PM
He should never open his mouth again after being with the Wiz and getting raped over and over by this dude! I saw it first hand here, he should never talk.

BTW what did some expect this is Dallas? Players on that team have always done this and this is no different, bunch of idiots in which I don't want to title because of their mouths (DIRK EXCLUDED, Kidds Cool).

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2011, 10:18 PM
much ado about nothing

Axe Murderer
06-08-2011, 10:25 PM

i dont think Stevenson has anything to lose considering it's pick your poison.

If LeBron doesn't go off, then Wade will and vice versa. It would be understandable if this was Cleveland LeBron but if LeBron doesn't go off, they just have Wade to buttfuck us anyway

and like JoeT said, if you need Deshawn Stevenson to fire you up for the NBA Finals, you were a lost cause anyway

dirk4mvp
06-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Complete Player

PublicOption
06-08-2011, 10:31 PM
why miami is fucking up?

zone defense vs. no point guard = losers.

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2011, 10:34 PM
why miami is fucking up?

zone defense vs. no point guard = losers.

Not a bad point, actually. Andre Miller is probably the most complete PG they've played in the playoffs. Fisher/Bibby/Chalmers suck, and Westbrook was a functioning retard and a liability.

Good observation

Giuseppe
06-08-2011, 10:36 PM
why miami is fucking up?

Because they're not fully vested in their approach:::they're caught between waiting for Stern to grant them blessing so they can wiseguy it VS actually putting forth supreme effort.

Dallas figures they have enough and they won't risk leaving it to chance by waiting on Stern.

Stern though is taking a hands off approach here. He's turned his phone off, and turned his back to them both.

He's going to let them finish it.

Axe Murderer
06-08-2011, 10:49 PM
:tu

'eppe, with the elderly, sagelike, make you read between the lines, ancient script, prophet goods par per etc

crc21209
06-08-2011, 11:44 PM
And because of this kind of shit, is why I'm pulling for Miami. Because Miami has basically kept their mouths shut the entire series, yet idiots like Terry and Stevenson have decided to trash talk.....

LkrFan
06-08-2011, 11:50 PM
And because of this kind of shit, is why I'm pulling for Miami. Because Miami has basically kept their mouths shut the entire series, yet idiots like Terry and Stevenson have decided to trash talk.....

Were they quiet at the preseason pep rally braggin on how they gone win not 1, not 2, not 3...? They have no room.

LkrFan
06-09-2011, 02:16 AM
JayJayESPNRise Jason Jordan
I for one will never play hide-and-seek with #LeBron! Dude would win every time.

:rollin

badfish22
06-09-2011, 02:19 AM
And because of this kind of shit, is why I'm pulling for Miami.

Yeah, that's why.

LkrFan
06-09-2011, 03:25 AM
"Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, but 8 points."

:lmao

Venti Quattro
06-09-2011, 04:19 AM

I'm not rooting for them yet. They have to pay their dues first...

joshdaboss
06-09-2011, 04:49 AM
I bet when Mavs fans read this they wanted to kill themselves. Suicide watch on Mavfan if LeBron drops a triple double on them next game.

100%duncan
06-09-2011, 05:09 AM
dem niggas

crc21209
06-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Were they quiet at the preseason pep rally braggin on how they gone win not 1, not 2, not 3...? They have no room.

"How they gone win?" :lol