PDA

View Full Version : I'm No Lebron Lover, However:

DMC
06-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Many here are bashing not the guy or the player, but the image they have bestowed upon him as an up and coming GOAT.

If you want to flog at something, go back to his arrival and see how much bullshit praise was heaped onto this guy by people here and elsewhere. Sure his "Decision" was an exercise in King Henry the VIII style narcissism, however if he's really not that good, just accept it and make it the norm. We all know Mike Bibby isn't great. We know Eric Dampier isn't great, and Lebron isn't the first and won't be the last player to have insane talent but fall short in the clutch and in decision making skills.

So, he's no heir apparent to MJ, we all know that. Maybe some of you though think he is, and you are just pissed that another player is getting what you think Lebron should be getting. Maybe you think Lebron is shit without constant MVP awards and all the accolades the NBA and it's fanbase can heap upon him. In the end, he's still who he is and that's never going to change. Stop acting like it's news. SA fans are accustomed to seeing the guy choke. Maybe we all expect him to break out of his mental cage soon, that chocolate shell will rupture and a 25 year old MJ will step out breathing fire.

Probably not though. That doesn't mean he's worthless. For his salary, he's doing just fine.

Brazil
06-08-2011, 05:25 PM
IMO Lbj is more clever than expected, unlike espn he knows he is far far far away of being MJ so he did the right thing, he signed with Miami to play with a guy who can bring a ring for him. He will take care of the RS, Wade will take care of the POs, smart guy IMO.

Bill_Brasky
06-08-2011, 05:32 PM
TBH, for as much as he was hyped up while he was still a fucking JUNIOR in HS and having not even played one minute of basketball beyond that level, I'd say he's lived up to it pretty well and turned into a pretty special player.

This finals isn't over yet, but if he doesn't step up and put up good numbers and perform the way he should, he will have rightfully earned the rep as a guy who couldn't perform on the biggest stage.

Gonna be an interesting last few games.

Brazil
06-08-2011, 05:37 PM
TBH, for as much as he was hyped up while he was still a fucking JUNIOR in HS and having not even played one minute of basketball beyond that level, I'd say he's lived up to it pretty well and turned into a pretty special player.

This finals isn't over yet, but if he doesn't step up and put up good numbers and perform the way he should, he will have rightfully earned the rep as a guy who couldn't perform on the biggest stage.

Gonna be an interesting last few games.

Even if the two next games are not Lbj redemption there is still hope ! Marion after an entire sucking PO carreer is having a great run in the current PO.

TheNextGen
06-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Shit! I guess someone else was claiming they were gonna win 8 rings in Miami.

Killakobe81
06-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Many here are bashing not the guy or the player, but the image they have bestowed upon him as an up and coming GOAT.

If you want to flog at something, go back to his arrival and see how much bullshit praise was heaped onto this guy by people here and elsewhere. Sure his "Decision" was an exercise in King Henry the VIII style narcissism, however if he's really not that good, just accept it and make it the norm. We all know Mike Bibby isn't great. We know Eric Dampier isn't great, and Lebron isn't the first and won't be the last player to have insane talent but fall short in the clutch and in decision making skills.

So, he's no heir apparent to MJ, we all know that. Maybe some of you though think he is, and you are just pissed that another player is getting what you think Lebron should be getting. Maybe you think Lebron is shit without constant MVP awards and all the accolades the NBA and it's fanbase can heap upon him. In the end, he's still who he is and that's never going to change. Stop acting like it's news. SA fans are accustomed to seeing the guy choke. Maybe we all expect him to break out of his mental cage soon, that chocolate shell will rupture and a 25 year old MJ will step out breathing fire.

Probably not though. That doesn't mean he's worthless. For his salary, he's doing just fine.

Not a bad post :toast

I freely admit that my only criticisms of Lebron are:

1. I dont feel he is maximizing his talent, I do see potential GOAT but I am starting to feel silly for thinking that ...it might not be to late ... but it doesnt look good right now.

2. Yes the Miami stage show was crazy (not 1, not 2, not 3)... but I do think if he is what I think he is, his ego wont bother me. But televising his big eff you to the cavs does. A player of his caliber would gets someone to come to play with him in cleveland. yes the city is a dump, sure he gave them their best 7 years in team history but he left that town by failing to bring a title ..and that to me is a bigger taint on his legacy than just a couple of poor finals games ...

Back to your point, I guess if I am convinced he does NOT have GOAT potential and this is the best he will ever be ... maybe I will be able to appreciate him, as simply one of the best all-around players we have ever seen, but much like Shaq i guess, I always will wonder how amazing it would be if he ever truly put it all together ....I dont think it's too late he is not even 27 yet ...but the clock is ticking.

Nathan89
06-08-2011, 06:12 PM
IMO Lbj is more clever than expected, unlike espn he knows he is far far far away of being MJ so he did the right thing, he signed with Miami to play with a guy who can bring a ring for him. He will take care of the RS, Wade will take care of the POs, smart guy IMO.

Lebron was taking care of the POs up until the finals started. It's just a mental thing that he has to get over. He did quite well against the Deng who is imo a better defender than Marion. It would be hard for anyone to perform well with the pressure that he has on him right now. Most of that pressure will be gone if they win the ring this year and he will continue to beast in many POs/finals in the future. TBH, I am very interested to see how James plays the rest of this finals.

DMC
06-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Not a bad post :toast

I freely admit that my only criticisms of Lebron are:

1. I dont feel he is maximizing his talent, I do see potential GOAT but I am starting to feel silly for thinking that ...it might not be to late ... but it doesnt look good right now.

2. Yes the Miami stage show was crazy (not 1, not 2, not 3)... but I do think if he is what I think he is, his ego wont bother me. But televising his big eff you to the cavs does. A player of his caliber would gets someone to come to play with him in cleveland. yes the city is a dump, sure he gave them their best 7 years in team history but he left that town by failing to bring a title ..and that to me is a bigger taint on his legacy than just a couple of poor finals games ...

Back to your point, I guess if I am convinced he does NOT have GOAT potential and this is the best he will ever be ... maybe I will be able to appreciate him, as simply one of the best all-around players we have ever seen, but much like Shaq i guess, I always will wonder how amazing it would be if he ever truly put it all together ....I dont think it's too late he is not even 27 yet ...but the clock is ticking.

You have good points, I agree with almost everything you said. I just don't understand why people keep acting as if it's news that Lebron isn't a proven champion, and has games where he's seemingly ineffective. It's almost as bad as Spur fan bitching about lack of media coverage and respect. It's not news. The guy has a stat line in most games that anyone would drool over, but he doesn't perform well in late game situations. He's not the best FT shooter in the world, so I don't understand why anyone would want him with the ball anyhow during those times. No one at this level is going to let him waltz to the rim uncontested. Wade is a proven performer.

No team needs two closers. They need at least one however. If I was building a championship level team, I would want Lebron on it. I would have to have someone else as the team captain and have a closer. Lebron is too spoiled, too coddled and believes the hype surrounding him even if he's been coached to say otherwise. It's only been a couple of years since he stopped saying "I had a great game, I played great, I was great" in interviews, and it does nothing but help him in the long run to not see himself on a 200' tall poster outside the arena in which he plays, as if he's Christ himself.

The Decision was probably a mistake, most likely will be recorded as such in history. However, the reaction by Cleveland's owner and it's fanbase justified his narcissism. Had Mo Williams done that, no one would have cared. If you want to show a woman you don't care about her, leave her recorded messages in her mailbox telling her what a bitch she is after she's dumped you. That will tell her you were never that into her anyhow. Type it in Comic Sans and don't forget to sign it.

Killakobe81
06-08-2011, 11:10 PM
You have good points, I agree with almost everything you said. I just don't understand why people keep acting as if it's news that Lebron isn't a proven champion, and has games where he's seemingly ineffective. It's almost as bad as Spur fan bitching about lack of media coverage and respect. It's not news. The guy has a stat line in most games that anyone would drool over, but he doesn't perform well in late game situations. He's not the best FT shooter in the world, so I don't understand why anyone would want him with the ball anyhow during those times. No one at this level is going to let him waltz to the rim uncontested. Wade is a proven performer.

No team needs two closers. They need at least one however. If I was building a championship level team, I would want Lebron on it. I would have to have someone else as the team captain and have a closer. Lebron is too spoiled, too coddled and believes the hype surrounding him even if he's been coached to say otherwise. It's only been a couple of years since he stopped saying "I had a great game, I played great, I was great" in interviews, and it does nothing but help him in the long run to not see himself on a 200' tall poster outside the arena in which he plays, as if he's Christ himself.

The Decision was probably a mistake, most likely will be recorded as such in history. However, the reaction by Cleveland's owner and it's fanbase justified his narcissism. Had Mo Williams done that, no one would have cared. If you want to show a woman you don't care about her, leave her recorded messages in her mailbox telling her what a bitch she is after she's dumped you. That will tell her you were never that into her anyhow. Type it in Comic Sans and don't forget to sign it.

great points DMC, glad there are still some solid posters who dont just troll in the NBA forum ...:toast

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2011, 11:12 PM
True, way too much LeBron hate lately.

Venti Quattro
06-08-2011, 11:13 PM
LeBron is really scared of the spotlight -- it's something that he needs to deal with as he progresses. But it will be hard when he's with Wade, the guy who is not afraid to take all the lights.

I don't get all the hate though, he's just doing what he's supposed to do to put himself in a best chance to ring.

Killakobe81
06-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Lebron was taking care of the POs up until the finals started. It's just a mental thing that he has to get over. He did quite well against the Deng who is imo a better defender than Marion. It would be hard for anyone to perform well with the pressure that he has on him right now. Most of that pressure will be gone if they win the ring this year and he will continue to beast in many POs/finals in the future. TBH, I am very interested to see how James plays the rest of this finals.

I agree with the bolded ...but come on James has played under pressure his whole career and he is partly responsible for the "said pressure".

That being said, playing a few bad games should not erase what he did the 6 games prior and it doesnt mean he doesnt have GOAT potential stilll but it does "give me pause" ....about ranking him over some of the other greats ....

dirk4mvp
06-08-2011, 11:19 PM
boo hoo, poor LeBron. Dude's been getting his ass kissed since middle school and is generally considered the best player on the planet. stop making fun of wittle Bron Bron :cry

dirk4mvp
06-08-2011, 11:29 PM
I tend to not read your posts since they're liable to be deleted at any time.

DMC
06-08-2011, 11:35 PM
ok

dirk4mvp
06-08-2011, 11:45 PM
nice edit

DMC
06-08-2011, 11:48 PM
nice edit
:lol

DMC
06-08-2011, 11:49 PM
great points DMC, glad there are still some solid posters who dont just troll in the NBA forum ...:toast

I'm not totally innocent. I have my fun too. :toast

pass1st
06-09-2011, 12:05 AM
LBJ can produce across the boards usually. Can't complain about a guy who can triple double when he's hot. He's decently clutch, but I wouldn't consider him a leader yet and people expect him to show up as a leader.

DMC
06-09-2011, 12:08 AM
LBJ can produce across the boards usually. Can't complain about a guy who can triple double when he's hot. He's decently clutch, but I wouldn't consider him a leader yet and people expect him to show up as a leader.
True, but Lebron isn't in Miami to be a leader. He was a leader in Cleveland. You don't go to the team of a perennial All Star and think you are there to lead (as a player). James is there to combine forces, but it's Wade's show. Lebron knows that. If Wade went to Cleveland, it would be Lebron's show. That could change in a couple years, but right now that's what it is.

Many seem to think that, in order for James to be a great player, he has to follow MJ's path. The truth couldn't be further away. He has to find the dynamic and learn to play within it. He doesn't have to be the Alpha Dog as soon as he steps on the floor, and history will remember him much more positively if he develops a player mentality instead of trying to force the leader role.

Venti Quattro
06-09-2011, 12:22 AM

He was terrible in Game 4 though, you can't even say that he came out as the lead supporting character that he should've.

pass1st
06-09-2011, 12:53 AM
True, but Lebron isn't in Miami to be a leader. He was a leader in Cleveland. You don't go to the team of a perennial All Star and think you are there to lead (as a player). James is there to combine forces, but it's Wade's show. Lebron knows that. If Wade went to Cleveland, it would be Lebron's show. That could change in a couple years, but right now that's what it is.

Many seem to think that, in order for James to be a great player, he has to follow MJ's path. The truth couldn't be further away. He has to find the dynamic and learn to play within it. He doesn't have to be the Alpha Dog as soon as he steps on the floor, and history will remember him much more positively if he develops a player mentality instead of trying to force the leader role.

All the hype surrounding LBJ has shaped the expectations to him being an alpha dog. Him following the MJ route wouldn't be as much proving his skill as it would have been solidifying a legacy so people can make comparisons. People are mostly disappointed he isn't a leader now and some of those die hard LBJ fans want him to do a Kobe and make it his team.

I personally don't have much of an opinion on him, he's just having a few bad games like a lot of stars before him have had in the finals.

TheInternets
06-09-2011, 08:08 AM
It's amazing how quickly two games can chance the perception of a player.

I don't know what happened, but it seems like the fire has gone out of his eyes. He didn't even look like he wanted to be on the floor in game 4, and played as such. One of the most bizarre no-shows I've ever seen. Since when does he not even try to attack the rim? Just a really, really strange game all the way around. LeBron has at least two more games in the Finals to make up for it. He had better make them count.

InK
06-09-2011, 08:25 AM
With some of you ppl its hard to understand why you even watch the game. Lebron Alpha male, Lebron not Alpha male, he Beta, no Omega, etc...Such bs. And thats all ur interested in. Whole first page of Nba thread is filled ur faggot Lebron, Dirk and Wade comments....if u love cocks that much, why dont u find another medium to vent ur true feelings out...

Brazil
06-09-2011, 09:46 AM
With some of you ppl its hard to understand why you even watch the game. Lebron Alpha male, Lebron not Alpha male, he Beta, no Omega, etc...Such bs. And thats all ur interested in. Whole first page of Nba thread is filled ur faggot Lebron, Dirk and Wade comments....if u love cocks that much, why dont u find another medium to vent ur true feelings out...

Yeah thats choking a nba forum with ppl discussing nba players