PDA

View Full Version : Whose team defense has been more impressive in the Finals, DAL or MIA?

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2011, 10:44 PM
They've both been amazing this series, but Miami's was expected. Dallas has been surprisingly good in man-to-man and didn't use a whole lot of zone till late in Game 4, which flustered the Heat pretty well.
Miami's perimeter D and rotations are second to none though, still.

Who's impressed you more?

Axe Murderer
06-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Easily Miami

dirk4mvp
06-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Miami's been a better team except for 2 games in the 4th quarter.

Dallas has been the more impressive team with 2 come from behind wins against a team that it shouldn't happen against.

Giuseppe
06-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Dallas.

Their effort is noble.

Miami's is vulgar.

Venti Quattro
06-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Dallas. Miami has Wade, Bron and Bosh...

Axe Murderer
06-08-2011, 10:58 PM
i say easily Miami because of a few things

Dallas is a MUCH better half court offense than Miami is. I think they were leading the playoffs in scoring coming into these Finals.

Obviously Miami has forced a shit ton of turnovers

Miami gets way more easy shots/dunks than Dallas does. I've never seen Dirk have to work so hard to get a shot off, in the playoffs, than in these Finals. Of course he's probly the best in the league at making them so it won't always show up in the boxscore. Miami's rotations have been ridiculous which is why a lot of Dallas roleplayers are having a hard time scoring

DeadlyDynasty
06-08-2011, 11:02 PM
i say easily Miami because of a few things

Dallas is a MUCH better half court offense than Miami is. I think they were leading the playoffs in scoring coming into these Finals.

Obviously Miami has forced a shit ton of turnovers

Miami gets way more easy shots/dunks than Dallas does. I've never seen Dirk have to work so hard to get a shot off, in the playoffs, than in these Finals. Of course he's probly the best in the league at making them so it won't always show up in the boxscore. Miami's rotations have been ridiculous which is why a lot of Dallas roleplayers are having a hard time scoring

Both teams had a shit ton of wide-open looks in Game 4, but most were bricks. Strange game. Dallas has also marginalized LeBron James in this series, which top-notch defenses like CHI and BOS couldn't do.

Venti Quattro
06-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Both teams had a shit ton of wide-open looks in Game 4, but most were bricks. Strange game. Dallas has also marginalized LeBron James in this series, which top-notch defenses like CHI and BOS couldn't do.

LeBron just doesn't want it like Wade does.

DMC
06-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Dallas without a doubt. They are 2-2 and Miami has three real offensive weapons, and Dallas' weapons have been dormant except Dirk, for the most part.

crc21209
06-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Both. No one expected for Dallas to be at where they're at now, especially with their D. Same goes for Miami. Everyone thought their offense would be explosive, but it's their D that has got them where they are now...

DMC
06-08-2011, 11:42 PM
LeBron just doesn't want it like Wade does.

It's like there's some sexual tension between Lebron and the ring, as if when he wins it, the hunt will end and no one will watch the games any more. The problem is that he's threatened enough times already. He better win or he's facing a huge drop in his rep.

mariners
06-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Miami has a lot more defensive talent than Dallas, got to say Dallas team defense however has been better

jjktkk
06-08-2011, 11:51 PM
How many more chances will James get, to remove the "Lehype" label?

DMC
06-08-2011, 11:55 PM
How many more chances will James get, to remove the "Lehype" label?
tbh, even a ring might not do it. He's set up to be the King. just by calling him that he's been really poised for failure. I don't think he's a failure at all, but the media will be all over it like they weren't the ones who invented that shit to begin with.

pass1st
06-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Miami is easily the best defensive team of the two, but Dallas is doing much better than I expected bar Terry's occasional brain farts.

dieman8686
06-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Miami has a lot more defensive talent than Dallas, got to say Dallas team defense however has been better

This!