PDA

View Full Version : What the crap...

adrienne
06-10-2005, 02:06 PM
So remember how I was sick? Congestion in the chest, bad cough, all that fun stuff...well, it moved up into my head, and then I was feeling better....except for the inside of my ear burning with excruciating, constant pain. So I went to the doctor, and found out that I had "severely inflamed sinus tissue", caused by the virus that caused my cold, which causes my body to create more mucus, which has nowhere to go because of the inflamed tissue, which means I can't hear, constant pressure, and extreme pain. In other words, I have an ear infection...

My 6 year old brother doesn't even get ear infections anymore. I feel like a 2 year old....I sure hope the antibiotic isn't bubblegum flavored liquid.

tlongII
06-10-2005, 02:10 PM
What's wrong with bubblegum flavored liquid?

adrienne
06-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Nothing...I just haven't had it in about 15 years.:) (And remember that 15 years ago, I was only 4)

tlongII
06-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Nothing...I just haven't had it in about 15 years.:) (And remember that 15 years ago, I was only 4)

15 years ago I was older than you are now!

Samurai Jane
06-10-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm much older than you are and I had an ear infection about a month ago.. caused by sinusitis.. that sucked, I don't even remember getting one when I was little...

adrienne
06-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Yeah, it kills...

It feels like my ear is burning from the inside out.:(

nickbroken
06-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Garlic oil and a cotton ball in your ear for the cure~

Slomo
06-10-2005, 04:01 PM
As someone who used to get one or two a year (because of diving) please listen to this advice carefully:

Do not put anything in your ear that your doctor has not prescribed, specially not cotton in any form! We all have grandma recipe that "worked" for ever, but believe me when these things go wrong you actually miss the pain of a "plain" ear infection.

SpursWoman
06-10-2005, 04:32 PM
My 2 year old niece just had tubes put in her ears Monday....she's had ear infections non-stop since she was born.

:(

And as much as my children cried when they'd get them....I certainly hope you feel better soon.

bigzak25
06-10-2005, 04:38 PM
ear pain is the worst...hope you get better soon...well wishes.

adrienne
06-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Thanks guys...I'm on lots of painkillers, antibiotics, and my husband is being wonderful as usual, taking care of me with backrubs and soup.:)

bigzak25
06-10-2005, 05:33 PM
dibs on frontrubs...

adrienne
06-10-2005, 10:05 PM
For free? :angel

bigzak25
06-10-2005, 11:13 PM
in the name of health? pos claro que si! and if it's not the best you've ever had...100% money back!!! :lol

Duff McCartney
06-11-2005, 12:23 AM
Take it from me...ear infections suck, but nothing....NOTHING comes close to getting your ear drum ruptured. That just goes beyond pain.

It happened when I went to Padre, I was wrestling with my cousin we both fell on the beach and his head connected with my right ear and ruptured my ear drum. At first it was just pain from the collision but later on it just gets worse and worse.

To top it off then the ear got infected....uh that sucks. If you ever get a ruptured ear drum and a doctor prescribes you ear drops, he's a fucking quack. You aren't supposed to EVER put ear drops in your ear if the drums get ruptured. It could go to places it's not supposed to...IE the inner ear.

But man that was just pain, I was in tears at times which I'm sure anybody on this board would have been to. The only problem I had was the doctor gave me some crap ibuprofen for pain. I wanted some Vicodine or Morphine or some shit, Ibuprofen does nothing for that kinda pain.

adrienne
06-11-2005, 12:28 AM
That sucks, Duff...a friend of mine in high school ruptured his ear drum while he was canoeing....he was a big tough football player type, but he was no match for that pain.

Duff McCartney
06-11-2005, 12:36 AM
That sucks, Duff...a friend of mine in high school ruptured his ear drum while he was canoeing....he was a big tough football player type, but he was no match for that pain.

Seriously that pain is no joke.

Kori Ellis
06-11-2005, 12:37 AM
Duff didn't you hurt both your ears at that time?

Duff McCartney
06-11-2005, 01:17 AM
No it was just the one, but after that one healed the infection spread to the other ear. That wasn't as bad, it just hurt for like a day or two than went away.

But it was the first one that was just terrible.

adrienne
06-11-2005, 03:02 AM
Bah. Tried to sleep. Not exactly successful when your inner ear is aflame.

adrienne
06-11-2005, 03:25 AM
Teehee...I do have to admit Family Guy is a hell of a lot funnier in the middle of the night on painkillers.

"Blast you woman, awake from your damnedable reverie!"
"Honey, I'm doing the dishes."
"Oh well, a THOUSAND pardons for disrupting your flatware sanitation ritual, but you see I'm in searing pain!"
"Oh, you're just teething Stewie. It's a normal part of a baby's life."
"Very well then, I order you to kill me at once!"
"Oh honey, I know you're hurting but mommy has to clean up the house, all right?"
"No, it's not all right! For the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!"

adrienne
06-12-2005, 02:48 AM
Another night, another episode or 5 of Family Guy instead of sleep...