PDA

View Full Version : Ian Mahinimi good enough to get PT in the playoffs with DAL, but not with SA

Sigz
06-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Fucking pop.

Jace
06-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Yep, he isn't playing great but he is getting playing time...the Spurs sometimes blow their player development

ace3g
06-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Mavs don't have Bonner...

underdawg
06-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Mavs don't have Bonner...

Cardinal's pretty close - I'm suprised neither of those 2 have ever put somebody's eye out "hustling" for a rebound

Ian still looks uncomfortable and overeager, but good for him for gettting some PT.

Blake
06-09-2011, 09:04 PM
this thread should be titled something like

Mavs forced to play scrub Mahinmi.....lol

underdawg
06-09-2011, 09:15 PM
this thread should be titled something like

and Spurs chose to play scrub Bonner lol

Blake
06-09-2011, 09:21 PM
and Spurs chose to play scrub Bonner lol

so you would rather have kept Mahinmi and played him instead of Bonner?

lol

Proxy
06-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Fucking pop.

Subtle troll is subtle.

underdawg
06-09-2011, 09:28 PM

lol

last year he should have had some more playing time given the Spurs weakness in the front court and bonner should not have played over 20 mpg. This year the Spurs should have kept Ian for cheap, let bonner go and tried to bring in someone (anyone taller than 6'6") to help the front court.

jjktkk
06-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Mahimni has all-star potential at committing stupid fouls.

underdawg
06-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Mahimni as all-star potential at committing stupid fouls.

that doesn't even make sense - try again

GSH
06-09-2011, 10:30 PM
You know your team is utterly screwed when half the posts of the offseason are about Ian freaking Mahinmi.

It doesn't matter what they're saying. If they're talking about a guy who averaged 9 minutes, 3 points, and 2 boards, you're officially re-building.

underdawg
06-09-2011, 10:43 PM
You know your team is utterly screwed when half the posts of the offseason are about Ian freaking Mahinmi.

It doesn't matter what they're saying. If they're talking about a guy who averaged 9 minutes, 3 points, and 2 boards, you're officially re-building.

could be worse - could be talking about the great re-signings of Bonner and RJ; good times last year

ABrooks111
06-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Mahinmi is a bitch. I'm proud to say that bum-ass clown rarely set foot on the court in San Antonio.

Late in the third I was thinking about how awful these two Finals teams are when one of them has a late 3rd quarter line-up of 60-year old Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Deshawn Stevenson, Brian Cardinal and Ian Mahinmi. What a fuckin' beating.

baseline bum
06-09-2011, 10:56 PM
God, he was awful.

mariners
06-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Mahimni still has potential and has already shown improvement in the offensive game but Dallas did that for the simple reason of Haywood injured, his pick and roll defense is as bad as anyone's

Vic Petro
06-09-2011, 11:28 PM
The only reason he's playing is because Haywood got hurt. Otherwise he's a garbage time player like he was with the Spurs.

Pop has shown a lot of faults but the Mahinmi love on this site is amazing.

crc21209
06-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Fucking pop.

Did you see him out there? Dude is a lost cause. He just sucks....

ca®lo
06-10-2011, 01:02 AM
but he doesnt spread the floor!

SpursIndonesia
06-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Bonner is a playoff scrub, but atleast he's a functional player in the regular season. Mahinmi ? Should be acting in "God must be crazy" movies rather than playing basketball i suppose, atleast we can laugh on him in a good spirit.

Fireball
06-10-2011, 02:05 AM
God, he was awful.

nuff said

joshdaboss
06-10-2011, 02:29 AM
The Mavericks? You mean the team the Spurs manhandled last time they met in the playoffs?

Ginobilly
06-10-2011, 02:34 AM
Say all the shit you want about him, but he still helped Dallas win game 5 and bought Chandler some much needed rest.

SpursIndonesia
06-10-2011, 03:09 AM
Say all the shit you want about him, but he still helped Dallas win game 5 and bought Chandler some much needed rest.

Did he really ?? All i saw was a bigman that gave so many scoring opportunities for the Heat that were converted into points quite nicely last nite.

I think Dallas is better off playing small ball with Stevenson and perhaps a slight dose of Corey Brewer than using Mahinmi's lack of brain cells.

ChumpDumper
06-10-2011, 04:02 AM
The Mavs hit 68% from the arc and spurfan headline is "Ian Mahinmi gets a rebound."

ChumpDumper
06-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Not Greek though, so he can stay in the NBA.

will_spurs
06-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Late in the third I was thinking about how awful these two Finals teams are when one of them has a late 3rd quarter line-up of 60-year old Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Deshawn Stevenson, Brian Cardinal and Ian Mahinmi. What a fuckin' beating.

And how do you feel, looking at these 2 awful teams, as you say, when you think that the Spurs didn't even manage to get there?

Mahinmi is not a good player, he's not as bad as some here think, and more importantly he was CHEAP. And in the end he is the one getting some PT in the NBA Finals and one game away from a ring. I'm pretty sure Dice wishes he has signed with Dallas instead, when a scrub like Mahinmi manages to get PT in the Finals, don't you think?

ChuckD
06-10-2011, 07:22 AM
The Mavs hit 68% from the arc and spurfan headline is "Ian Mahinmi gets a rebound."

ChuckD
06-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Oh, and he's only "playing" because Haywood is hurt.

Harry Callahan
06-10-2011, 07:46 AM

You have got to be kidding, right? JV Gundy AND Mark Jackson called Mahimi out specifically for allowing not one but two layups on back to back plays and that the Mavies had to get him out of there pronto.

I still wish the Spurs would have kept him another year or two just to see if something clicked, but he has no clue on defense. He is a really good athlete and a less than average basketball player.

Harry Callahan
06-10-2011, 07:55 AM
And how do you feel, looking at these 2 awful teams, as you say, when you think that the Spurs didn't even manage to get there?

Mahinmi is not a good player, he's not as bad as some here think, and more importantly he was CHEAP. And in the end he is the one getting some PT in the NBA Finals and one game away from a ring. I'm pretty sure Dice wishes he has signed with Dallas instead, when a scrub like Mahinmi manages to get PT in the Finals, don't you think?

Hindsight is 20/20 on Dice pal. This Dallas PO run is a total abberation relying on miracles and opponent implosion (Lakers squabbling, Thunder inexperience/lack of coordination, Heat Choke from James injury to Wade) and will not be repeated. A big reason Dallas is here is due to the great Michael Jordan wanting to save a few bucks and giving Tyson Chandler to Dallas in exchange for Erika Dampiers expiring, horrible contract. This is one of the times the Mavericks overpaying of players paid off (but only after five six years of average center play from Erika).

BTW, Derek Anderson got a ring with Miami in 2006, but he was just along for the ride, just like Ian. Injury is the only reason playing time has come.

I was bummed that IM didn't get it done in SA, but his work in Dallas probably doesn't keep Pop or RC up at night. He is one of the few Spurs #1 draft picks in the Duncan ERA that will likely NOT be a decent rotation player.

Blake
06-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Mahinmi is not a good player, he's not as bad as some here think, and more importantly he was CHEAP.

cheap is not more important than good

Ginobilly
06-10-2011, 10:55 AM
You have got to be kidding, right? JV Gundy AND Mark Jackson called Mahimi out specifically for allowing not one but two layups on back to back plays and that the Mavies had to get him out of there pronto.

I still wish the Spurs would have kept him another year or two just to see if something clicked, but he has no clue on defense. He is a really good athlete and a less than average basketball player.

You do realize the fouls he got called for were against Wade, Bosh, two of the leagues best players at their position. They would of done the same to Haywood and Chandler. Ya'll just hating on the poor dude because he's playing in the finals and Bonner is probably fixing his Grand Prix while eating a $5 dollar footlong.

How do you expect for someone to get NBA game time experience when you don't even play him? That's were Pop fucked up big time! He should of been playing him all these years that Timmy needed help. How could of it have hurt the Spurs to play him? We haven't done shit in the playoffs since 07. Don't even get me started on the Splitter situation this year!:depressed

ohmwrecker
06-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Threads like this are the reason I spend less and less time upstairs.

jjktkk
06-10-2011, 11:36 AM
You do realize the fouls he got called for were against Wade, Bosh, two of the leagues best players at their position. They would of done the same to Haywood and Chandler. Ya'll just hating on the poor dude because he's playing in the finals and Bonner is probably fixing his Grand Prix while eating a $5 dollar footlong.

How do you expect for someone to get NBA game time experience when you don't even play him? That's were Pop fucked up big time! He should of been playing him all these years that Timmy needed help. How could of it have hurt the Spurs to play him? We haven't done shit in the playoffs since 07. Don't even get me started on the Splitter situation this year!:depressed

:lol

Ginobilly
06-10-2011, 11:49 AM

Laugh all you want dawg, but the Spurs still didn't do shit all these years with Bonner manning the paint( or should i say 3 point line). I would rather have seen Mahinmi trying to learn the game and yes, making a few mistakes (or a lot) along the way than watch Bonner getting lid up by every scrub power foward in the league for the past four years.

But still, mahinmi is one win away from getting his first ring. His measly 3 points and few boards is still more than whatever Bonner has ever provided in the playoffs and finals.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Pop's team wasn't a playoff style Spurs team this year, but I don't think Mahinmi would have helped much. Blair and McDyess were better.

Ginobilly
06-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Pop's team wasn't a playoff style Spurs team this year, but I don't think Mahinmi would have helped much. Blair and McDyess were better.

True, he probably wouldn't have helped much, but anything is better than having that pussy ass fire crotch next to Tim Duncan. It makes my blood boil everytime I see Bonner playing.:ihit I wish he would of stayed injured when he hurt himself in the first game of the season.

anonoftheinternets
06-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Subtle troll is ...
fixed

ploto
06-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Given his lack of experience and being thrown into Game 4 and 5 of the NBA Finals against an unbelievably stacked team, I am willing to give him a little benefit of the doubt. There are many NBA players who wouldn't be looking much better in that situation. For a Spurs team that needed some youth and athleticism, it would have been nice to at least give the guy a real shot at some playing time. I am sure he is fine as a cheap end of the bench, practice guy.

jjktkk
06-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Laugh all you want dawg, but the Spurs still didn't do shit all these years with Bonner manning the paint( or should i say 3 point line). I would rather have seen Mahinmi trying to learn the game and yes, making a few mistakes (or a lot) along the way than watch Bonner getting lid up by every scrub power foward in the league for the past four years.

But still, mahinmi is one win away from getting his first ring. His measly 3 points and few boards is still more than whatever Bonner has ever provided in the playoffs and finals.

The Mavs assistant trainer has the possibility to get a ring as well. Your ranting and raving over a end of a bench player who since being drafted in 2005, has done absolutely nothing in this league, is very funny to me.

angelbelow
06-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Only saw game 3 but didnt Ian get like 5 fouls in 8 minutes? And he played cause haywood was injured.

jjktkk
06-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Only saw game 3 but didnt Ian get like 5 fouls in 8 minutes? And he played cause haywood was injured.

Yup. Apparantly those hideous stats are good enough to start a "we should of kept Mahimni" thread.

DMC
06-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Raptorstalk.com:

Matt Bonner can get playoff minutes with the Spurs but cannot stay on the Raptors' roster? If we had Matt Bonner, we would have a ring by now. He's already gotten one since he left.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Mahinmi sucks. He is about as effective on defense as Van Horn.

TJastal
06-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Ya'll just hating on the poor dude because he's playing in the finals and Bonner is probably fixing his Grand Prix while eating a $5 dollar footlong.

Man In Black
06-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Ian Mahinmi was WAY in over his head. Brendan Haywood may not be a great player, but Mahinmi was getting exposed by Chris Bosh (19 points, 10 rebounds) nearly every possession he saw the court
http://dimemag.com/2011/06/dallas-pushes-miami-to-the-brink/

Danny.Zhu
06-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Ian sucks.

This draft pick is a total failure. No excuses.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Seriously, I would rather play Cardinal than Mahinmi.

TJastal
06-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Seriously, I would rather play Cardinal than Mahinmi.

Well Brian Cardinal is a quality basketball player. He's a hustle player and a pretty good one at that. He's tough & gritty and will take a charge and showed he can actually hit a 3 in a pressure situation (unlike Matt Bonner). He plays the role for Carlisle that Bonner should have been playing for Popovich(limited minutes, & only in injury situations).

Thing is, Brian Cardinal is also only 6'8" with limited athleticism, whereas Mahinmi is 6'11" with good hops. Mahinmi just needs to learn the nuances of the nba game and he'll be a solid role player for any team (just like Cardinal)

thOOdee
06-11-2011, 10:07 AM

lol

heeeeeeeelllllll yyyeeeesssss

Venti Quattro
06-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Cardinal was giving up his body in Game 5. Something that Mahinmi will never, ever do

TJastal
06-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Cardinal was giving up his body in Game 5. Something that Mahinmi will never, ever do

How many guys you know that will challenge Lebron James coming full boar down the lane for a dunk? (I'm sure you've seen it posted in gif form)

Yah, he got posterized, but so would anyone else not named Dwight Howard on that dunk.

ChuckD
06-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Raptorstalk.com:

Matt Bonner can get playoff minutes with the Spurs but cannot stay on the Raptors' roster? If we had Matt Bonner, we would have a ring by now. He's already gotten one since he left.

:lol:rollin
Scary true.

Ginobilly
06-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Cardinal was giving up his body in Game 5. Something that Bonner will never, ever do

Fixed!

seriously though, I would rather have the tough/ gritty/annoying (Danny Ferry like) presence of the Custodian than that fire crotch.

seriously though, you'll throw a lot of unwanted hate on some poor dude who didn't/and doesn't even get a chance to play consistent NBA minutes. How do ever expect him to further develop his game? And I ask myself(cause I knew this since after the 07 championship, in which Matt Bonner didn't contribute shit cause we had an effective Robert Horry), how seriously could Mahinmi hurt the Spurs chances to win after 07 if they would of played him instead of Bonner? Think About it kids? We didn't do, and will not do shit with Bonner playing significant minutes next to Duncan. They should have never signed him to those 4 years and just let him walk. It hurts me that the Spurs Org has disrespected Timmy this way, while Gasol,Dirk, Garnett, all got decent to good big men to help them out. Fuck you Pop and RC! Fucky Fuck Fuck!:bang You'll better fuckin play Splitter big mins next year you assholes!:bang:ihit

mariners
06-11-2011, 12:36 PM
mahimni drew a charge

ChumpDumper
06-11-2011, 12:37 PM
He also got a rebound.

Ginobilly
06-11-2011, 12:41 PM
If Scola ever wins Finals MVP in the future for some team, I'm throwing myself off of Donkey Lady bridge.:bang

mariners
06-11-2011, 12:43 PM
If Scola ever wins Finals MVP in the future for some team, I'm throwing myself off of Donkey Lady bridge.:bang
Scola is the last thing that spurs need, he would become the worst defender on the team except for TP

Ginobilly
06-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Scola is the last thing that spurs need, he would become the worst defender on the team except for TP

Your one of the Spurs fans who bought into POP and RC's hype that Scola wouldn't fit next to Tim and the Spurs:rolleyes If we freakin won the championship with Oberto starting next to Tim, we probably could of managed to repeat with Scola because Scola>>>>>>>>>>>Oberto. And plus, watching him and Manu tear it up in the fourth would of been a site to see. And you also Forgot that Scola by himself gave Odom, Bynum, and Gasol fits in the 09 playoffs and the Rockets took them to the brink of elimination.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2011, 12:49 PM
No use whining about either.

jag
06-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Mahinmi has looked horrible.

mariners
06-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Oberto can defend, Scola cannot

Ginobilly
06-11-2011, 12:55 PM

Watching Mahinmi looking terrible in the finals, providing 3 measly points, a charge, and a few baords (and at his cheaper price) is a lot better than watching Bonner clank 3 pointer, after 3 pointer, and getting used and abused in the playoffs for the past 3 years.

Ginobilly
06-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Oberto can defend, Scola cannot

:lol They are both about the same. Their Floppers!

wildbill2u
06-11-2011, 03:03 PM
In the final analysis it doesn't matter what anyone on this board thinks, it's what the Mavs think of Mahinmi. The team pays his salary and the players play with him.

So far, the team, the coaches and the Dallas sportswriters have given him props in Dallas for his play/energy in his limited minutes--and at least they have given him minutes, both during the season and in the playoffs.

The Spurs didn't think he was worth keeping and that's the end of that project.

Sigz
06-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Playing great in the most important game of his life.

Fuck you haters, and fuck you Pop.

jjktkk
06-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Playing great in the most important game of his life.

Fuck you haters, and fuck you Pop.

Becky Hammon is > than Mahimni tbh.

Spurtacus
06-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Ian the buzzer beating demon.

PBEEZY
one clutch mother fucker

Bito Corleone
I came upstairs simply for the reason of knowing some dumbass would start this thread...you guys never disappoint.

Sigz
06-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Ian > Bonner

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Ian with more clutch playoff jumpshots tonight than Bonner has ever had for the Spurs.

Crapping in the eye of the haters.

SenorSpur
06-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Watching Mahinmi looking terrible in the finals, providing 3 measly points, a charge, and a few baords (and at his cheaper price) is a lot better than watching Bonner clank 3 pointer, after 3 pointer, and getting used and abused in the playoffs for the past 3 years.

Hard to argue with that.

ChumpDumper
06-12-2011, 10:09 PM
lol

objective
06-12-2011, 10:14 PM
The 'pro-Ian' discussions were never about Ian, they were about Pop.

They were about Pop refusing to give a big man a chance when the other candidates were clearly not cutting it. Not even a chance. All he had to to was give Ian a stretch of games off the bench . . . he refused. If Pop was coaching Dallas, Ian would have never played after Haywood got hurt, it would be Peja or some other underperformer going small.

But the raucus anti-Ian crowd were too far up Bonner and Pop's arse to realize that.

And the Pop did it again.

Tiago Splitter wasn't a Ian. Ian was just a starter on an unremarkable French league team, then benched on a French euroleague team, then a d-league all-star. Nothing big.

But Splitter was a damn ACB CHAMPION and MVP.

And still Pop treated him almost as bad as he treated Ian. He couldn't play Tiago because it "wouldn't be fair to the team.", even though the Spurs bigs next to Duncan proved time and again they weren't good enough. Even when Splitter performed well when Duncan was hurt, he still got Ian'd. Splitter got Ian'd and only after the Spurs were down and already halfway through their losing series did Pop deign to give a rusty Splitter too little too late.

Ian Mahinmi playing a role and playing it well enough for a role player on a title winning team isn't about Ian, it's about Pop.

TJastal
06-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Too bad Mahinmi's 5 fouls cost the mavs the game. Such a shame...

lefty
06-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Fuck Pop

Ginobilly
06-12-2011, 10:26 PM
I think everybody owes me an apology! I called this shit a long time ago with Mahinmi, Scola, and Splitter.

Ginobilly
06-12-2011, 10:30 PM

Eat shit Mahinimi spurstalk haters!:lmao at anybody who said Mahinimi<<<<Bonner:lmao Ian Mahinimi 2011 NBA champ!
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao

Darthkiller
06-12-2011, 10:32 PM
lmao mahinmi hitting buzzerbeaters in clincher

ChumpDumper
06-12-2011, 10:33 PM
lol MahinmiTalk

ElNono
06-12-2011, 10:37 PM
He even got to play some meaningful minutes out there... Congrats Ian :tu

Ginobilly
06-12-2011, 10:42 PM
He even got to play some meaningful minutes out there... Congrats Ian :tu

True. You could talk all the shit all you want about how "terrible" Mahinimi is, but tonight he silenced all his critics by providing meaningful plays for the Mavs. Him and Barea really impressed me a lot this year. And the FACT of the matter is RC and POP were wrong about him, just like how the nets were wrong about Stephen Jackson.

rmt
06-12-2011, 10:43 PM
The 'pro-Ian' discussions were never about Ian, they were about Pop.

They were about Pop refusing to give a big man a chance when the other candidates were clearly not cutting it. Not even a chance. All he had to to was give Ian a stretch of games off the bench . . . he refused. If Pop was coaching Dallas, Ian would have never played after Haywood got hurt, it would be Peja or some other underperformer going small.

But the raucus anti-Ian crowd were too far up Bonner and Pop's arse to realize that.

And the Pop did it again.

Tiago Splitter wasn't a Ian. Ian was just a starter on an unremarkable French league team, then benched on a French euroleague team, then a d-league all-star. Nothing big.

But Splitter was a damn ACB CHAMPION and MVP.

And still Pop treated him almost as bad as he treated Ian. He couldn't play Tiago because it "wouldn't be fair to the team.", even though the Spurs bigs next to Duncan proved time and again they weren't good enough. Even when Splitter performed well when Duncan was hurt, he still got Ian'd. Splitter got Ian'd and only after the Spurs were down and already halfway through their losing series did Pop deign to give a rusty Splitter too little too late.

Ian Mahinmi playing a role and playing it well enough for a role player on a title winning team isn't about Ian, it's about Pop.

Bingo. Props to Carlyle for staying big with Ian instead of resorting to small ball as Pop would have. Great offensive rebound and buzzer-beater. Congrats to Dirk, Kidd and the rest of the Mavs.

ChumpDumper
06-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Nothing really changed. The criticisms are the same.

ChumpDumper
06-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks for admitting it's all about hating Pop though. :tu

Sigz
06-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Pop doesn't give a shit.

He's currently sippin' wine and receiving a reach around from that white boy.

tlongII
06-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Thanks for admitting it's all about hating Pop though. :tu

Is Popovich your uncle or something? Jesus.

ChumpDumper
06-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Is Popovich your uncle or something? Jesus.Nope. He could be fired for all I care.

Thanks for asking.

jjktkk
06-13-2011, 12:44 AM
True. You could talk all the shit all you want about how "terrible" Mahinimi is, but tonight he silenced all his critics by providing meaningful plays for the Mavs.

Really? Just stop, seriously.

Him and Barea really impressed me a lot this year. And the FACT of the matter is RC and POP were wrong about him, just like how the nets were wrong about Stephen Jackson.

Your not looking at the big picture. Mahmini was let go because there would of been no pt for him. The Spurs already have two, young, bigs in Blair in Splitter. Throw in Bonner and Dyess and tell me where would Mahimni have fit in? I don't hate Mahimni and I'm glad he got a ring.

lefty
06-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Really? Just stop, seriously.

Your not looking at the big picture. Mahmini was let go because there would of been no pt for him. The Spurs already have two, young, bigs in Blair in Splitter. Throw in Bonner and Dyess and tell me where would Mahimni have fit in? I don't hate Mahimni and I'm glad he got a ring.

Bonner?

TJastal
06-13-2011, 12:58 AM
After tonight's performance, Mahinmi may find himself promoted to backup (after injury prone Haywood is traded), esp now that Carlisle knows he can count on Cardinal to provide spot minutes in case of foul trouble.

Congrats to Ian. In 11 minutes made a killer fadeaway on the elbow, plus some nice hustle plays and putback. Dude has shown a nice offensive arsenal of moves in his nba career, has nice touch out to 20 feet, shoots free throws well and has a developing post-game. Future looks brighter every day for this kid.

jjktkk
06-13-2011, 01:18 AM
True. You could talk all the shit all you want about how "terrible" Mahinimi is, but tonight he silenced all his critics by providing meaningful plays for the Mavs. Him and Barea really impressed me a lot this year. And the FACT of the matter is RC and POP were wrong about him, just like how the nets were wrong about Stephen Jackson.

Bonner?

Unfortunately yes.

TJastal
06-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Unfortunately yes.

Wouldn't a traffic cone be cheaper than Bonner? It'd probably play better defense too.

mavsfan1000
06-13-2011, 03:46 AM
Clutch Mahinmi.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2011, 03:51 AM
lol

Bruno
06-13-2011, 04:17 AM
Ian is a great guy. I'm happy for him. :tu

romain.star
06-13-2011, 05:34 AM
spurs gave finley a ring mavs gave ian a ring ...

:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed

G6QR05KSIQs

Nice. Ian is a cool dude... Really happy for him (Dirk and Kidd too)

:toast

Bukefal
06-13-2011, 07:00 AM
Nice. Ian is a cool dude... Really happy for him (Dirk and Kidd too)

:toast

I agree. Allthough I would have liked to see Dwyane and Lebron get a ring. I do think its nice for Ian and Dirk.

SenorSpur
06-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Seeing Ian have this type of success is bitter sweet. I'm very happy for him that he was able to get spot minutes, in the absence of Haywood, and earn a ring. He's seemingly a nice kid, who apparently works his tail off.

He appeared in 56 games for the Mavs. I just wish he would've gotten the same opportunities in San Antonio. There were cetainly opportunities for Pop to have done the same, but for whatever reason, he did not.

Kudos to Carlisle for not being afraid to utilize him and allow Ian and allow him some time to overcome his mistakes - in a closeout game nonetheless. Interesting that Carlisle didn't feel compelled to "go small" just because his starting center got into foul trouble.

TJastal
06-13-2011, 08:28 AM
Seeing Ian have this type of success is bitter sweet. I'm very happy for him that he was able to get spot minutes, in the absence of Haywood, and earn a ring. He's seemingly a nice kid, who apparently works his tail off.

He appeared in 56 games for the Mavs. I just wish he would've gotten the same opportunities in San Antonio. There were cetainly opportunities for Pop to have done the same, but for whatever reason, he did not.

Kudos to Carlisle for not being afraid to utilize him and allow Ian and allow him some time to overcome his mistakes - in a closeout game nonetheless. Interesting that Carlisle didn't feel compelled to "go small" just because his starting center got into foul trouble.

Even if the mavs don't find a taker for Haywood's bloated contract I'll bet Ian will see plenty of opportunities next season, esp when Haywood is nursing his 4-5 "nagging" injuries per year.

silverblk mystix
06-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Nope. He could be fired for all I care.

Thanks for asking.

Either this is an outright lie...or you just happened to spend the last 2 to 3 years defending Pop at all costs ...for....fun?

TJastal
06-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Either this is an outright lie...or you just happened to spend the last 2 to 3 years defending Pop at all costs ...for....fun?

I think he's starting to get a bit jealous of all the 1 on 1 time Pop's been spending with his ginger.

silverblk mystix
06-13-2011, 09:08 AM
I think he's starting to get a bit jealous of all the 1 on 1 time Pop's been spending with his ginger.

Maybe...

but it makes more sense that Chump is the one in the middle between Pop and Bonner...

sort of a Chump sandwich...

Blake
06-13-2011, 09:09 AM
the NBA championship ring chose someone who has the heart of a sloppy defender that can produce 5 fouls in 11 minutes.

Mahinmi > Green Lantern

silverblk mystix
06-13-2011, 09:10 AM
the NBA championship ring chose someone who has the heart of a sloppy defender that can produce 5 fouls in 11 minutes.

Mahinmi > Green Lantern

...those 5 fouls cost the Mavs a title-as somebody already stated...

oh wait...

Blake
06-13-2011, 09:39 AM

oh wait...

so the 5 fouls helped the Mavs get the title?

please explain

TJastal
06-13-2011, 09:43 AM

oh wait...

That was me. :hat

I thought the hard fouls delivered by both "The Custodian" and Ian were a key part in the mavs getting a psychological edge in the game. Not to mention the heat were struggling at the line so it was paying off big-time in the points column as well.

Still amazes me that the Ian haters still use this as an excuse why the guy shouldn't/didn't get minutes.

Blake
06-13-2011, 10:02 AM
That was me. :hat

I thought the hard fouls delivered by both "The Custodian" and Ian were a key part in the mavs getting a psychological edge in the game. Not to mention the heat were struggling at the line so it was paying off big-time in the points column as well.

so you are saying that Ian showed off his ball IQ by sending the Heat to the free throw line.

Interesting that he ended the game with a (-1).

Still amazes me that the Ian haters still use this as an excuse why the guy shouldn't/didn't get minutes.

I don't think anyone really hates Ian. I know I don't. I would most likely think nothing of him if it weren't for some teeth gnashing Spur fans around here that bring his name up.

The Ian lovers absolutely amaze and entertain me.

TJastal
06-13-2011, 10:10 AM
so you are saying that Ian showed off his ball IQ by sending the Heat to the free throw line.

Interesting that he ended the game with a (-1).

I don't think anyone really hates Ian. I know I don't. I would most likely think nothing of him if it weren't for some teeth gnashing Spur fans around here that bring his name up.

The Ian lovers absolutely amaze and entertain me.

Barea & Stevenson were a combined (-15) for the game, yet were essential keys to winning (5-8 from downtown).

The fact that Ian held the fort together against Miami's starters, playing alot of minutes alongside "The Custodian", speaks volumes about the impact they had on the game. Although I wouldn't expect you to understand any of that.

Blake
06-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Barea & Stevenson were a combined (-15) for the game, yet were essential keys to winning (5-8 from downtown).

The fact that Ian held the fort together against Miami's starters, playing alot of minutes alongside "The Custodian", speaks volumes about the impact they had on the game. Although I wouldn't expect you to understand any of that.

If Mahinmi had that kind of impact, why do you think he only played 3 of the 6 games during the Finals? why only 50+ games during the regular season?

Does Rick Carlisle suck for not seeing such voluminous potential earlier in the year and series?

Ginobilly
06-13-2011, 10:55 AM

+1

just goes to show how these "+" "-" don't really tell the whole story of a players effectiveness. I had been telling Spurs fans since Ian came here that he could play. He may not be smartest or the best, but he is way better than ginger. :lmao at you haters that expect perfection (or are quick to elaborate on his weakness) from Ian even though Chandler (the starter/Vet) was committing a lot of dumb fouls. Ian's fouls were at least when players drove hard to the basketball towards him.

Ginobilly
06-13-2011, 11:00 AM
If Mahinmi had that kind of impact, why do you think he only played 3 of the 6 games during the Finals? why only 50+ games during the regular season?

Does Rick Carlisle suck for not seeing such voluminous potential earlier in the year and series?

WGAF! The guy proved he could get it done when it matters the most; in a clinching game 6 for the championship! I would take him and Custodian over the turd towers any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Budkin
06-13-2011, 11:03 AM
Props to Ian... that was a huge shot. Wish we could have developed him.

Blake
06-13-2011, 11:05 AM
WGAF! The guy proved he could get it done when it matters the most; in a clinching game 6 for the championship! I would take him and Custodian over the turd towers any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

cool, how many titles have you won as an NBA GM or head coach?

mingus
06-13-2011, 11:17 AM
i don't know why people bring in the fact that Ian doesn't play to dismiss the notion that he might be good. it's a stupid premise. a lot of good players that don't deserve to sit on the bench, sit on the bench. and a lot of players that shouldn't play end up playing. coaches fuck up all the time, they are far from infallible.

before Barrea even started playing, i predicted he would be a good player in this league one day just from seeing him play for a few minutes. nobody even knew who the guy was then and he never got off the bench.

similarily, Jeff Teague this year (although i never even knew who the guy was). but the guy is a STUD and a coach, and a good one at that, sat him the whole year. and so did the coach before that. FOR MIKE BIBBY.

couple guys i think will be good players in the future are Jeremy Lin from Golden State and Ian Mahinmi. by good players i mean players that can be rotational players. watch out for Jeremy Lin.

Ginobilly
06-13-2011, 11:17 AM
cool, how many titles have you won as an NBA GM or head coach?

Are you fuckin serious or are you just plain dumb?
Spurs were wrong about Ian not being able to play big minutes. He just proved to the Spurs org that they were wrong about him. I think everybody owes Tony Parker an apology to because he also said that Ian could play, he just never got the chance. That just goes to show you how much politics and racism are in involved behind the scenes of who gets minutes. Sometimes an inferior player plays over the younger better player. (Bonner playing this year over Splitter or Mexico having the corpse of Chatemoc Blanco playing in the wc)

mingus
06-13-2011, 11:20 AM
lol

who you care about more: Ian Mahnimi or Wild Cobra?

:rollin

Ginobilly
06-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I wonder what's Timvp's take on all of this?

Blake
06-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Are you fuckin serious or are you just plain dumb?
Spurs were wrong about Ian not being able to play big minutes. He just proved to the Spurs org that they were wrong about him.

:lmao

good stuff :tu

ChumpDumper
06-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Either this is an outright lie...or you just happened to spend the last 2 to 3 years defending Pop at all costs ...for....fun?I haven't defended him at all costs. You're stupid for thinking so.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2011, 12:45 PM
who you care about more: Ian Mahnimi or Wild Cobra?

:rollinNot as much as Ian's fanboys care about me, it seems.

I'm happy for Ian. He's still the same guy and the same player he ever was.

romain.star
06-13-2011, 12:49 PM
I agree. Allthough I would have liked to see Dwyane and Lebron get a ring. I do think its nice for Ian and Dirk.

are you serious???

eric365
06-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Congrats to Ian.
He is not the most talented but he is trying as hard as he can anytime he has a chance

cheguevara
06-13-2011, 01:12 PM
he doesn't spreadthefloorPERIOD

pad300
06-13-2011, 03:23 PM
"how amazing was it that dirk, brian cardinal and ian mahini planned to all sign with the Mavs this summer !! #big3 #makingithappen"

Depends if you feel Cubes is an idiot, a genius or just trying to be ironic...

Mahinmi is part of Dallas's BIG THREE.

silverblk mystix
06-13-2011, 04:47 PM

The answer is right in front of your eyes but you are blind...

Ian was stuck behind TWO NBA STARTING CALIBER CENTERS....

It is actually amazing that Carlisle actually MADE time for Ian to play--unlike Pop who could watch Ian have a breakout game...and then continue to bury him on the bench while every team ran a lay-up line against the spurs small ball defense.

silverblk mystix
06-13-2011, 04:50 PM
I haven't defended him at all costs. You're stupid for thinking so.

You are stupid for denying this...you have spent countless HOURS of your life defending POP, berating other posters for calling out Pop,etc...

HOURS UPON HOURS....THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF POSTS....

Now, you stupidly deny this...you are pretty much full of shit.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2011, 05:03 PM
You are stupid for denying this...you have spent countless HOURS of your life defending POP, berating other posters for calling out Pop,etc...

HOURS UPON HOURS....THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF POSTS....

Now, you stupidly deny this...you are pretty much full of shit.Nah, you're so full of hatred you don't even realize what I posted. Neither a surprise nor a big deal -- you certainly aren't alone with this insanity.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2011, 05:07 PM
The answer is right in front of your eyes but you are blind...

Ian was stuck behind TWO NBA STARTING CALIBER CENTERS....

It is actually amazing that Carlisle actually MADE time for Ian to play--unlike Pop who could watch Ian have a breakout game...and then continue to bury him on the bench while every team ran a lay-up line against the spurs small ball defense.Yeah, he made time when the others were injured, then he got buried on the bench again when clearly better players were available. He got the call again when players were injured again and played as inconsistently as ever.

silverblk mystix
06-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Yeah, he made time when the others were injured, then he got buried on the bench again when clearly better players were available. He got the call again when players were injured again and played as inconsistently as ever.

Even now this is a Pop defense.

In the SAME type situation...POP would have STILL trotted out garbage like Bonner and other garbage---BEFORE giving Ian a shot.

Carlisle did have better options...and no-one said Ian was an all star...but he still got some playing time even though Dallas has better big men. Pop would play a SMALL over Ian. Pop played Bonner more than Splitter.

How fuckin' blind can you continue to be?

ChumpDumper
06-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Even now this is a Pop defense.

In the SAME type situation...POP would have STILL trotted out garbage like Bonner and other garbage---BEFORE giving Ian a shot.

Carlisle did have better options...and no-one said Ian was an all star...but he still got some playing time even though Dallas has better big men. Pop would play a SMALL over Ian. Pop played Bonner more than Splitter.

How fuckin' blind can you continue to be?Did Pop defenses scare your mother when she was pregnant with you?

You're insane, dude.

silverblk mystix
06-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Did Pop defenses scare your mother when she was pregnant with you?

You're insane, dude.

Still defending Pop...

ChumpDumper
06-13-2011, 05:22 PM

Still defending Pop...Not sure if you ever had it in the first place, but you damn sure lost it now, nutjob.

ploto
06-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Must have meant a lot to Ian to hear Dirk praising him after the game. Congrats to Ian!

Basketball Power
06-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Pop wouldn't play Ian for YEARS yet Rick puts him in crucial minutes in the NBA Finals

you can't teach height, he got those big boards for D, and even after he made mistakes he let him play

TDMVPDPOY
06-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Pop wouldn't play Ian for YEARS yet Rick puts him in crucial minutes in the NBA Finals

you can't teach height, he got those big boards for D, and even after he made mistakes he let him play

still not better then splitter imo...from what we have seen from these playoffs...

Basketball Power
06-13-2011, 07:47 PM
still not better then splitter imo...from what we have seen from these playoffs...

not better then Splitter, sure, but he could still be a fucking Spur. But I'm glad he's gone, Pop would rather have Bonner guard Bynum then put Ian in the game for any reason

jjktkk
06-13-2011, 08:30 PM

Props to Mahimni for playing well, but injuries forced Carlisle to Play Mahimni, which Mahimni responded with a solid game off the bench.

lefty
06-13-2011, 08:33 PM
he doesn't spreadthefloorPERIOD
This

Pop is misunderstood

Having a white soft unathletic floor spreader like Bonner is crucial

jjktkk
06-13-2011, 08:34 PM
not better then Splitter, sure, but he could still be a fucking Spur. But I'm glad he's gone, Pop would rather have Bonner guard Bynum then put Ian in the game for any reason

Where would Mahimni have gotten playing time if he was still with the Spurs? With two similar, young bigs, in Blair and Splitter to develop, along with Dyess and Bonner, where does Mahimni fit in?

tlongII
06-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Mahinmi hit a big shot at the end of the 3rd quarter. He earned a year's salary for that alone.

silverblk mystix
06-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Where would Mahimni have gotten playing time if he was still with the Spurs? With two similar, young bigs, in Blair and Splitter to develop, along with Dyess and Bonner, where does Mahimni fit in?

Again....because of Pop's love for Bonner...another big with potential is lost...

Even scrubs like Ratliffe, Gooden, would have been an upgrade over Bonner...but you can't with Pop and his senility...

hell...even putting 4 people on the floor without Bonner is an upgrade.

Except in Pop's mind.

Cessation
06-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Pop is all about offence and regular season wins he just pays lip service when he says defence is a priority, which makes me laugh every time, tbh. Thats why he keeps playing bonner over defencive bigs like splitter. Pop is just trying to sell tickets, he knows that duncan is over the hill, and spurs fo can't afford to go over the luxury tax to provide him some real help.

ChumpDumper
06-13-2011, 09:44 PM
lol the overrating continues

lol Bonner sells tickets

Gagnrath
06-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Bonner's skill set and defense aren't the major issue, its his lack of shooting touch in big games and the lack of athleticism in the spurs bigmen over all this past year. Bonners Defense while not great actually has become adequate against most of the back-up bigs in the league. The real problem is having another barely adequate defensive bigman presence out on the floor with him.

spursbird
06-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Bonner's skill set and defense aren't the major issue, its his lack of shooting touch in big games and the lack of athleticism in the spurs bigmen over all this past year. Bonners Defense while not great actually has become adequate against most of the back-up bigs in the league. The real problem is having another barely adequate defensive bigman presence out on the floor with him.
:toast You're the only one who get the point.
And the fans always let the red rocket take all the responsibilities. But tbh the main reason for our window closed is that we don't have a franchise guy now. Just like Lakers fans making Gasol the excuse they lose to the Mavs, we Spurs fans make Bonner the excuse.

mingus
06-14-2011, 05:30 AM
the FO has made some really, really, bad decsions the last 2 years. the team hasn't won championships the last 2 years in large part because of just how bad of a job they've done.

Pop's comments on the RJ trade about how RJ is Stephen Jackson w/o the baggage is pretty insightful in how incompetent the FO has been. what a fucked up comparison that was.

TJastal
06-14-2011, 06:07 AM
Not sure if you ever had it in the first place, but you damn sure lost it now, nutjob.

It must be just killing you reading all this praising of Ianny

TJastal
06-14-2011, 06:17 AM

That's the issue isn't it? Would it have been better to keep a guy like Ianny around, cheap & 7 feet tall, or 6'9 shooting guard Matt Bonner and his one dimensional game that dissappears every spring for 5X the price?

If Pop had done as we all had hoped (and let Bonner walk) there would have been room for Ianny in the rotation, in basically the same role and minutes as he's getting in Dallas now.

Blake
06-14-2011, 09:16 AM
lol the overrating continues

it's just as funny today as yesterday

I can only imagine the potential thread titles had Brian Cardinal ever been a Spur.

jjktkk
06-14-2011, 11:39 AM
That's the issue isn't it? Would it have been better to keep a guy like Ianny around, cheap & 7 feet tall, or 6'9 shooting guard Matt Bonner and his one dimensional game that dissappears every spring for 5X the price?

If Pop had done as we all had hoped (and let Bonner walk) there would have been room for Ianny in the rotation, in basically the same role and minutes as he's getting in Dallas now.

Even if Bonner did walk, Mahimni would still be behind Blair or Dyess and Splitter. Imo both parties thought the best option was to go to a new team.

ChumpDumper
06-14-2011, 12:32 PM
It must be just killing you reading all this praising of Ianny

:lolQuite the opposite. Watching you worship him is pretty entertaining.

ChumpDumper
06-14-2011, 12:33 PM

If Pop had done as we all had hoped (and let Bonner walk) there would have been room for Ianny in the rotation, in basically the same role and minutes as he's getting in Dallas now.He wasn't in the rotation in Dallas. He played when better players were injured.

jag
06-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Eat shit Mahinimi spurstalk haters!:lmao at anybody who said Mahinimi<<<<Bonner:lmao Ian Mahinimi 2011 NBA champ!
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao

Ian sure showed me a thing or two.

Basketball Power
06-14-2011, 12:56 PM

Blair is 6ft 7inches and was our starting C almost every game this season, repeat that yourself 10000000x

ChumpDumper
06-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Blair is 6ft 7inches and was our starting C almost every game this season, repeat that yourself 10000000xAre you saying that Ian is a better basketball player than Blair?

jag
06-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Ian was a body out there, and hardly anything more. I used to get pissed seeing Ian ride the bench but after seeing him get meaningful minutes, I realized why he wasn't working out in SA.

jjktkk
06-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Mahimni has the chance to be the best bench player of all time.

Basketball Power
06-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Are you saying that Ian is a better basketball player than Blair?

is he a better player then Blair? No, but what did Blair/McDyse, the midget centers, do for us? Get us knocked out by the 8th seed

ChumpDumper
06-14-2011, 01:25 PM
NoThanks.

mavsfan1000
06-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Still that was freakin' clutch shot at the end of the third quarter. He did struggle as expected but did enough to not be a total liability.

eric365
06-14-2011, 01:35 PM
Doesn't seem to change his status. He hasn't been selected by the French NT :
Big men : Boris Diaw (Charlotte/NBA,122), Joakim Noah (Chicago/NBA, 3), Florent Pietrus (Valence/ESP, 120), *Kévin Séraphin (Washington/NBA), Ali Traoré (Rome/ITA, 30), Ronny Turiaf (New York/NBA, 83)

Parker and De Colo are in the NT

ChumpDumper
06-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Obviously those other national team members had bigger contracts.

eric365
06-14-2011, 01:42 PM
I would be surprised if Ali Traoré or Florent Pietrus have bigger contracts

And Ian was in the team last year.

Blake
06-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Doesn't seem to change his status. He hasn't been selected by the French NT :
Big men : Boris Diaw (Charlotte/NBA,122), Joakim Noah (Chicago/NBA, 3), Florent Pietrus (Valence/ESP, 120), *Kévin Séraphin (Washington/NBA), Ali Traoré (Rome/ITA, 30), Ronny Turiaf (New York/NBA, 83)

Parker and De Colo are in the NT

so he's good enough to get PT in the playoffs with DAL, but not with FRA.....

Fire Collet. He's a fucking moron for keeping Seraphin instead of Mahinmi.

Bruno
06-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Séraphin won't be with french NT. He is just a practice guy.

The 12 players FNT roster is: Parker, Mickael Pietrus, Batum, Diaw, Noah, Diot, De Colo, Gelabale, Florent Pietrus, Turiaf, Bokolo and Traoré.

It should be a fun summer to follow.

Gagnrath
06-14-2011, 02:28 PM
:toast You're the only one who get the point.
And the fans always let the red rocket take all the responsibilities. But tbh the main reason for our window closed is that we don't have a franchise guy now. Just like Lakers fans making Gasol the excuse they lose to the Mavs, we Spurs fans make Bonner the excuse.

Thing of it is the Spurs haven't really passed on any chances to get a franchise guy. Parker while a borderline all-star as a speed and drive shoot first point guard, can't carry a team (Yeah AI kinda did it but not successfully and it really isn't a likelihood to change.) Manu, is a consummate nba second star, but is rather old and fragile to be asked to carry a team and Duncan is old. It goes back to the whole continued success in the NBA requires two or three things a boom and bust cycle for draft picks, an owner or market that can afford to top the cap for free agents, or being in the league office pocket to be able to get trades through that give you draft picks, and star players at pennies on the dollar. A large market helps with this as well. Spurs have none of the above.

lotr1trekkie
06-14-2011, 02:53 PM
I recently found out that someone named Stacy King has a ring or two with the Bulls. WHO???? I don't know the name of the waterboy either! Maybe he could sell his ring to that innoucent guy at OS?

cantthinkofanything
06-14-2011, 02:56 PM
I recently found out that someone named Stacy King has a ring or two with the Bulls. WHO???? I don't know the name of the waterboy either! Maybe he could sell his ring to that innoucent guy at OS?

Shit. Am I old because I know who that is and remember where he played college ball?

Basketball Power
06-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks.

your stupidity and ignorance is astounding, keep it up

Blair may be a better player then Ian, but at center Ian>>>>6ft 7inch midget center

Blake
06-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Blair is 6ft 7inches and was our starting C almost every game this season, repeat that yourself 10000000x

how many games do you think the Spurs would have won had Mahinmi started at center instead of Blair?

ChumpDumper
06-14-2011, 03:31 PM
your stupidity and ignorance is astounding, keep it up

Blair may be a better player then Ian, but at center Ian>>>>6ft 7inch midget centerlol you're a little too concerned with position labels that don't really mean anything in practice.

And you're angry.

ChumpDumper
06-14-2011, 03:34 PM
how many games do you think the spurs would have won had mahinmi started at center instead of blair?

TJastal
06-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Given a choice of Blair or Mahinmi, I take neither. Untill Ianny learns how to keep his fouling in check, he'll be a role player in the nba. IF he can learn how to manage his fouls, he'd be the clear cut winner as the starting center. Ianny has better size, better defense, better shooting, and can actually score around the rim with defenders around him, unlike Blair. Plus he can shoot free throws and his ceiling is higher.

mingus
06-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Some of the guys posting in this thread I remember vividly that they were the same ones who favored RMJ over Petrius a couple years back. For mostly the same reasons they dislike Mahinmi too. LOL.

ploto
06-14-2011, 11:33 PM
On PTI, Dirk mentioned that the glasses he had on when they were celebrating were Ian's, and he went on to mention how well he thought Ian played in game six. Apparently, the Mavs have been happy with him.

jjktkk
06-15-2011, 12:35 AM
Given a choice of Blair or Mahinmi, I take neither. Untill Ianny learns how to keep his fouling in check, he'll be a role player in the nba. IF he can learn how to manage his fouls, he'd be the clear cut winner as the starting center. Ianny has better size, better defense, better shooting, and can actually score around the rim with defenders around him, unlike Blair. Plus he can shoot free throws and his ceiling is higher.

7 pages and counting for a guy that has a chance to be a role player.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2011, 02:46 AM
Given a choice of Blair or Mahinmi, I take neither.:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin :rollin

mariners
06-15-2011, 02:49 AM
this makes no sense, if you are given a choice of Blair or Mahinmi you have to chose one, an option isn't "neither", it is one or the other.

Blake
06-15-2011, 08:36 AM
Given a choice of Blair or Mahinmi, I take neither. ......... Ianny has better size, better defense, better shooting, and can actually score around the rim with defenders around him, unlike Blair. Plus he can shoot free throws and his ceiling is higher.

you're an idiot.

TJastal
06-15-2011, 11:28 AM
this makes no sense, if you are given a choice of Blair or Mahinmi you have to chose one, an option isn't "neither", it is one or the other.

I never said I had to choose one or the other, I was simply given a choice. Since I created the scenario it's my prerogative to say no to both.

On a serious note, I think Blair reached his ceiling as a player in his 1st year in the nba. I don't know why his growth stunted as a player, but I'm 80% sure he's not going to get better. He's not going to learn to shoot the ball to 15', or learn a few post moves so his shots don't continually get swatted, or get some better touch on those horrible looking floaters that have no chance to go in, or actually get quicker on defense. At this point he's as bad as Bonner is as far as being one-dimensional. At least in Blair's case he gives you that one dimension no matter what the circumstances. But in today's nba 1 dimension doesn't really cut it anymore even for bench/role players much less a starter IMO.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Right, you would rather play four against five than have to choose.

Great thinking, coach. :tu

TJastal
06-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Right, you would rather play four against five than have to choose.

Great thinking, coach. :tu

You dishearten me with your jump to a false conclusions.

I don't think I implicitly stated the spot would not be filled by a more elaborate choice. In fact I implied no such thing. I explicitly rejected both at this point in time. I don't doubt the veracity of the premise your feeble pseudo-intellectual brain envisioned, but it severely lacks a cohesive, cogent quality.

Perhaps your rebuttals would be better served with a more ad-hominem abundant approach, the tenets of which are less contrained by pure logic and common sense.

Horse
06-15-2011, 12:56 PM
This shit is fucking retarded. I understand ian was the difference and why dallas won the title and we didn't. fuck him and fuck you!

41times
06-15-2011, 01:23 PM
With the emergence of Mahinmi Brendon Haywood and his fat contract might be traded?
The Mavs 1st priority is to resign Tyson Chandler.

Blake
06-15-2011, 01:25 PM
With the emergence of Mahinmi Brendon Haywood and his fat contract might be traded?

lol emergence

TJastal
06-15-2011, 02:05 PM

I would think Cuban is exploring that option. Especially now that he's seen that Cardinal can come in and provide quality big-man minutes.

The one series that Haywood was golden against (the lakers) was due to his superior size (which was very helpful against Gasol/Bynum). And now that the lakers are probably fading into irrelevancy for the foreseeable future Haywood becomes even more expendable.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2011, 04:31 PM

I don't think I implicitly stated the spot would not be filled by a more elaborate choice. In fact I implied no such thing. I explicitly rejected both at this point in time. I don't doubt the veracity of the premise your feeble pseudo-intellectual brain envisioned, but it severely lacks a cohesive, cogent quality.

Perhaps your rebuttals would be better served with a more ad-hominem abundant approach, the tenets of which are less contrained by pure logic and common sense.Hey, you just said you wouldn't choose either of the only two choices you gave yourself.

That's hilarious.

The fact you don't see how hilarious that is makes it more hilarious.

:tu

TJastal
06-15-2011, 05:02 PM
Hey, you just said you wouldn't choose either of the only two choices you gave yourself.

That's hilarious.

The fact you don't see how hilarious that is makes it more hilarious.

:tu

I'm glad you can find such amusement with your little word games that essentially add nothing to the topic at hand.

I said if I was given a choice between the two, I would take neither. Nobody said anything about the circumstances of this scenario, and anyway since it's my scenario it should be assumed that I make the rules for it.

But congrats on your irrelevant (and faulty) conclusion.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2011, 05:05 PM
You made the rules for your own game, gave up before you started, took you ball home and pouted about the people who watched you quit.

Tough shit.

TJastal
06-15-2011, 05:14 PM
You made the rules for your own game, gave up before you started, took you ball home and pouted about the people who watched you quit.

Tough shit.

Did the ground rules I laid out state explicitly that I must pick one or the other? No, they didn't.

Try to comprehend this abstract form of thinking for a second, as hard as it might be for you.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Those big meanies -- don't they know that by forfeiting I won?

Agloco
06-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Given a choice of Blair or Mahinmi, I take neither.

Given Option A or B, I choose the non-existent Option C. :lol

Hey, at least this isn't a Pop bashing moment. Seems you're coming around.

TJastal
06-15-2011, 05:29 PM
lol @ u thinking I "forfeited"

More like introduced you to the concept of critical thinking.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2011, 05:30 PM
I choose not to run!lol critical thinking

TJastal
06-15-2011, 05:42 PM
lol critical thinking

I choose not to run because I don't need to run, I'm comfortable most intelligent people would side with my line of thinking as opposed to your knee-jerk false assumptions.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Given the choice of apples or oranges, I would eat nothing and starve to death.

#winning

ohmwrecker
06-15-2011, 05:56 PM
You guys have the same argument every time. You just move from thread to thread.

Agloco
06-15-2011, 05:58 PM
You guys have the same argument every time. You just move from thread to thread.

methinks this is indicative of a pattern.......

TJastal
06-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Given Option A or B, I choose the non-existent Option C. :lol

Hey, at least this isn't a Pop bashing moment. Seems you're coming around.

Irrelevant conclusion. False assumption. Poisoning the well. Genetic fallacy. Slippery slope. Hasty generalization.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Irrelevant conclusion.Your conclusion sure was.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2011, 06:08 PM
I never presented that choice to myself. You gave yourself the choice between Ian and Blair and then ran away from your own premise with your hair on fire.

Way to take a stand there after saying Ian was going to replace Haywood.

Agloco
06-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Irrelevant conclusion. False assumption. Poisoning the well. Genetic fallacy. Slippery slope. Hasty generalization.

To put it succinctly:

you're an idiot.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2011, 06:15 PM

TJastal
06-15-2011, 06:22 PM
You guys sure showed me with your "hilarious" smack and smilies.

ChumpDumper
06-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Meanies!

admiralsnackbar
06-16-2011, 12:39 AM

Perhaps your rebuttals would be better served with a more ad-hominem abundant approach, the tenets of which are less contrained by pure logic and common sense.

Does this sort of language remind anybody else of the perps they bust on COPS who suddenly become Supreme Court justices in the presence of policemen? "The allegations of my spousal significance are most unfoundable in light of considerations heretofore sequestered by the person of myself regarding the presence or absence of malice with respect to crack cocaine residue in the ampulated tubule the officers detected near my pick-up truck..."

Critical thinking is awesome.