PDA

View Full Version : D.Wade ala Willis Reed?

rr2418
06-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Anyone think Wade is trying to do a Willis Reed?

tdunk21
06-09-2011, 09:59 PM
yup i thought so too

GSH
06-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Willis Reed won.

rr2418
06-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Willis Reed won.

Yeah I know, but if the Heat would've won you can bet the media would've compared this to that game!!

bluefoot
06-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Dwyane Wade = Wanna Be Fake Tough Guy

GSH
06-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Yeah I know, but if the Heat would've won you can bet the media would've compared this to that game!!

I would argue with you, except for the bunch of clowns they have calling these games. If Wade wanted to conjure up the memory of Willis Reed, he needed to do a hell of a lot of acting. Reed's leg looked like it was going to fall off. Wade's fall was a boo-boo. Willis Reed was seriously freaking injured. When he came out for warmups, the place just got electric. But everybody thought he was just doing it to show support for the team. (And it was still surprising.) Nobody thought he was going to actually play in the game.

When Wade left the game, I was pretty sure he was coming back. When he was walking down the tunnel, I was more sure he was coming back. There was no chance that Willis Reed was coming back - and he did it anyway. (Wade came back, because he felt like it.) He made his first couple of shots, and then he was a decoy for the rest of the time he played in that game. He couldn't have done poop, but they were scared to just leave him.

But, yeah - I can see Van Gundy or Cornholio acting like Wade was just as awesome, if the Heat had won the game. Pitiful, but true.

Doe
06-10-2011, 12:41 AM
It actually reminded me more of Paul Pierce 2008 Finals.

DJ Mbenga
06-10-2011, 12:56 AM
you mean the abc camera men? they tried the same shit with the fake pierce injury.
CbEQZVRxCxQ