PDA

View Full Version : Don't breathe on Dirk..don't go anywhere near him..

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2011, 10:23 PM
*foul*..

BlackSwordsMan
06-09-2011, 10:37 PM
qft

La Peace
06-09-2011, 10:44 PM
2006 says whats up

dirk4mvp
06-09-2011, 10:48 PM
*swish*..

peskypesky
06-09-2011, 10:49 PM
LeDirk with fever> Lebron

Amaso
2006 was in a completely different league of its own, this series has been relatively well reffed

mariners
sounds like the same thing for wade

Budkin
06-09-2011, 10:50 PM
As long as it stops LeBron from getting a ring I don't care.

frodo
06-09-2011, 10:53 PM
san antonio heat fan :cry

peskypesky
06-09-2011, 10:53 PM
As long as it stops LeBron from getting a ring I don't care.
Lebron is stopping himself.

Kriz-Maxima
06-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Dirk is the truth.

Amarelooms
06-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Swish41 dummy...you mad

:elephant

DMX7
06-09-2011, 10:55 PM
San Antonio is now 5-1 all-time in the NBA Finals. :lol

peskypesky
Dirk is the truth.

:toast:toast:toast

Capt Bringdown
As if 10 FTs (gasp) was out of order for a stud like Dirk. Hell, didn't Barkley take like 25 FT's in one playoff game?

LnGrrrR
06-09-2011, 10:58 PM
:lol

Harlem losing all credibility, going out like a bitchass sore loser.

"We woulda won if the game was called fairly!!!"

To be fair, maybe it's the heat of the moment. If you apologize tomorrow for making excuses, you might be able to keep your mainstream cred.

Chief
06-09-2011, 11:00 PM
As if 10 FTs (gasp) was out of order for a stud like Dirk. Hell, didn't Barkley take like 25 FT's in one playoff game?

The gap in free throws doesn't mean the game was well officiated

SpursIndonesia
06-09-2011, 11:09 PM
I see the game in even handed manner, and i think so far the series have been officiated quite well. That's why we have a tight series, where visiting team can get away with a tight to the last shot win of their own.

Dirk is a superstar who can create a shot of his own, and clearly in this game, he was disrupted unfairly in the act of shooting numerous times, so the FTs are well awarded and deserved. The Heat will move on to the next game, no need for bitching on their part, just leave it to the fans with the agenda of hiding Lebron James shrinking act in the finals.

ballhog
06-09-2011, 11:20 PM
I see the game in even handed manner, and i think so far the series have been officiated quite well. That's why we have a tight series, where visiting team can get away with a tight to the last shot win of their own.

Dirk is a superstar who can create a shot of his own, and clearly in this game, he was disrupted unfairly in the act of shooting numerous times, so the FTs are well awarded and deserved. The Heat will move on to the next game, no need for bitching on their part, just leave it to the fans with the agenda of hiding Lebron James shrinking act in the finals.

Agree. Probably could have called more fouls on both sides if you want to split hairs. Wade gets the star treatment with the FT's. LeBron doesn't, which is fine by me. He's not aggessive enough.

badfish22
06-09-2011, 11:33 PM

To be fair, maybe it's the heat of the moment. If you apologize tomorrow for making excuses, you might be able to keep your mainstream cred.

:lol..

ploto
06-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Dirk gets beat up on a lot of plays inside where he does not get calls, but that is the nature of today's NBA. Big guys have a harder time getting the calls. If anyone in this series is getting too many FT's, it is Wade.

pass1st
06-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Dirk just gets his superstar treatment, not like Wade doesn't

SpursIndonesia
06-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Agree. Probably could have called more fouls on both sides if you want to split hairs. Wade gets the star treatment with the FT's. LeBron doesn't, which is fine by me. He's not aggessive enough.

This particular game had a nice flow in it. Players were scoring, fouls only called when it was quite blatant, refs missed some calls BOTH WAYS so it evens out in the end. Expecting (an) epic game (s) in Miami the next few days. :lobt2:

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Dirk gets beat up on a lot of plays inside where he does not get calls, but that is the nature of today's NBA. Big guys have a harder time getting the calls. If anyone in this series is getting too many FT's, it is Wade.

Why don't you just suck his dick already, tbh?..he likes manly looking women, so you have a realistic chance IMO..

ducks
06-09-2011, 11:52 PM
wade is performing like a finals mvp

Baron Davιs
06-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Harlem going out like Luva did when he retracted and attempted to justify Kool tha Welcha's actions.

badfish22
06-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Hes great at getting to the line.

pass1st
06-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Dirk does more in the 4th quarter than he does the first 3 quarters combined though, in this series at least.

badfish22
06-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Dirk does more in the 4th quarter than he does the first 3 quarters combined though, in this series at least.

The anti-Lebron :lol

JamStone
06-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Apparently, Dirk has more FTAs in the 4th quarter of this series, than the entire Heat time, combined..I haven't looked it up, but I doubt it's true, it's too unrealistic IMO..

I did a quick check but didn't double check to make sure. I had to go to play-by-play boxscores because I didn't know where else to check. But again, I didn't double check to make sure it's 100% accurate. It's not true but it's close.

Fourth quarter free throws in these Finals:

Dirk - 24
Miami Heat - 27 (17 of which are Dwyane Wade's)

DMC
06-10-2011, 02:02 PM
The Heat have been settling for outside shots. They have some good shooters, but they can get to the rim as well.

I never understood fouling Dirk at the rim. He's going to hit the FTs, and maybe even get a 3pt play. Keep him outside, but that's kinda pointless too the way he shoots. Just deny him the ball and make the others beat you.

ambchang
06-10-2011, 02:09 PM
With the way the games have been called the last few years, this year's playoffs, and especially the finals, have been called surprisingly well. I don't know what could be complained about the officiating.

JamStone
06-10-2011, 02:11 PM
The Heat have been settling for outside shots. They have some good shooters, but they can get to the rim as well.

I never understood fouling Dirk at the rim. He's going to hit the FTs, and maybe even get a 3pt play. Keep him outside, but that's kinda pointless too the way he shoots. Just deny him the ball and make the others beat you.

It amazes me that in late game situations the Miami Heat don't double Dirk to try to get the ball out of his hands. I figure if Terry or Kidd or Marion beat you, you'd live with that before Dirk beating you because you played man up one-on-one on him. Makes no sense. Double him and force him to pass out and let someone else beat you.

ambchang
06-10-2011, 02:15 PM
^ The finals, especially late game collapses, really solidifies Spolestra has a bad coach. It is his job, throughout the year, to develop a game plan for end of game situations, especially close games, especially important games, and especially in the final 3 to 5 minutes of those games.

The Heat has shown over and over again that they do not have that discipline and preparation to execute. Just sloppy plays, questionable defensive tactics, and non-existant end game execution (except throw the ball to Wade and let him figure things out).

Just horribly coached team.

Sportstudi
06-10-2011, 02:16 PM
With the way the games have been called the last few years, this year's playoffs, and especially the finals, have been called surprisingly well. I don't know what could be complained about the officiating.

The Heat-fans are probably pissed that the games were not called like back in 2006. I'm sure they thought it was fantastic officiating back then and didn't complain at all. Now the refs are not falling for every flop of Wade and James (they still do though, e.g. that blatant one vs. Haywood) and finally they are also calling travels against LeCrab (should be way more though, he travels like nobody else). That's something they didn't expect.

For sure that doesn't apply to every Heat-fan, but after browsing through their forum (http://heat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5700037552), it somehow seems that a well reffed game for many cHeat-fans means: LeBron and Wade 10-15 FT's each, Bosh 10 FT, opposing team less than 20 in total. Otherwise it's a rigged game.

pass1st
06-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Spo really doesn't have any idea how to coach this Heat team. A better staff should be a main focus over the next season, regardless if they ring or not.

badfish22
06-10-2011, 02:28 PM
tbh Spo hasn't been impressive, but if Lebron plays half as good as he should the Heat are winning this series and the story on Spo is completely different.

JamStone
06-10-2011, 02:32 PM
I don't know how many people have watched Spo's post game interviews, but he sounds like he makes new basketball terms up just to sound like his knowledge is beyond that of an average fan. Couple nights ago, he kept using the term "triggers" and applied it to different things. Then last night, he kept saying "relief points." It's almost like he used those terms as a way of making it sound more "coach speak" than just talking normally. He's been awkwardly amusing in the post games.

Pat Riley ordering a year supply of hair lube for next season and his return to coaching...

Stalin
06-10-2011, 02:43 PM
The home cooking in Dallas was obvious.

ohmwrecker
06-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Spoelstra is the worst coach in NBA history, I don't know why people thought I was lying, when I've said it all year..

I actually agree with you somewhat. I certainly can't think of a worse coach to lead a team in a Finals series.

Sportstudi
06-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Nice as well :lol

Fe6_i19o0XA

ohmwrecker
06-10-2011, 03:00 PM
^ I don't see how Heat fan can complain about the officiating when shit like that is going on.

badfish22
06-10-2011, 03:01 PM
They always find a way

Nick Manning
06-10-2011, 03:02 PM

Fe6_i19o0XA

Wade and Bron do this habitually. Furthermore, Chalmers is allowed to get way with fondling the PG on most occasions.

The officiating is equally bad. Anyone who argues otherwise is biased and their credibility is shot. Fact.

JamStone
06-10-2011, 03:19 PM
The one thing that Wade in particular gets away with that really annoys me is his blatantly animated challenges he makes at officials after not getting a call. In general, I don't like technical fouls called for reactions, but Wade gets away with extreme reactions that no one else in the league gets away with without getting a technical, including other "star" players.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-10-2011, 03:22 PM
I actually agree with you somewhat. I certainly can't think of a worse coach to lead a team in a Finals series.

Cue Fabbs...

badfish22
06-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Spoelstra is the worst coach in NBA history

:lol stop being so emotional

sook
06-10-2011, 04:10 PM
dirk gets hammered all the time, if anything the game is more catered for guards

EasyD
06-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Heat fan complaining about touch foul calls :lol:lol:lol

DWhistle and LeRefs say hello!

mFFL03
06-10-2011, 06:35 PM
yup here's some awesome evidence of Dirk flopping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foaPMZxtzx4

pass1st
06-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Who doesn't flop in the NBA these days

LkrFan
06-10-2011, 06:56 PM
The anti-Lebron :lol

Outscoring him 52-11 in the 4th for the series. Dirk >> LeBron :downspin:

Ace
06-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Outscoring him 52-11 in the 4th for the series. Dirk >> LeBron :downspin:

For someone that complains about refs I'm surprised you have nothing to say here. Got that much hate in you?..

badfish22
06-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Not much to complain about, Ace. Don't let Harlem pull you in.

100%duncan
06-10-2011, 08:09 PM
WTF HH, you're fucking better than this

dunkman
06-10-2011, 08:13 PM
That's re-Dirk-ulous . . .

LkrFan
06-10-2011, 08:17 PM
For someone that complains about refs I'm surprised you have nothing to say here. Got that much hate in you?..

LBJ >> Dirk athletically. LBJ is an attacking player and Dirk is a jumpshooter. Dirk still has more points in the paint via dunks or layups and more jumpers from the perimeter than LBJ has in the 4th qtr of this series. Why is that? Because LBJ has no post game other than barreling to the hole to get an and-1, fast break points, or his erratic jumper. He has not progressed in 8 years.

Dallas has figured him out. Rebound the ball so he can't fast break. Form a wall behind the Matrix so he can't get to the hole. When he gets a big dunk that fuels his confidence. Problem is he probably has about 5 this whole series. That's why he's not getting to the FT line as much as Dirk - which is what you are implying above. Then they dared him to shoot jumpers and he has mostly failed at that.

For Miami to win, LBJ has to be LBJ. He can't because of if he does that, Wade doesn't get off. I think it is smart of Dallas to concentrate on weak feeble minded LBJ and let Wade get his. LBJ (http://nbaplaybook.com/2010/10/27/lebrons-post-up-game-still-needs-some-work/) still has no true back to the basket game and he doesn't have a midrange game. These two weapons should be in his arsenal by now but it ain't which is sad.

It will be interesting to see which LBJ shows up. If he forces the issue, your true MVP (Wade) will be less affective. If he doesn't ball, fans like me will continue to roast him because we all will see Dallas popping bottles in Miami's visitors locker room. He can't win for losing (pun intended). :lol

Ace
06-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Not much to complain about, Ace. Don't let Harlem pull you in.

I will never blame the refs, just saying Dallas has got the favor in calls. Far from the reason Dallas has won. The calls are not enough to effect the series and its hard for me to blame them when every game Miami has had a chance to win. If Miami loses (which I still doubt) I just say congrats Mavs and move on...

joshdaboss
06-10-2011, 09:52 PM
The one thing that Wade in particular gets away with that really annoys me is his blatantly animated challenges he makes at officials after not getting a call. In general, I don't like technical fouls called for reactions, but Wade gets away with extreme reactions that no one else in the league gets away with without getting a technical, including other "star" players.

Really? Really?? Kobe Bryant.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2011, 09:59 PM
I will never blame the refs, just saying Dallas has got the favor in calls. Far from the reason Dallas has won. The calls are not enough to effect the series and its hard for me to blame them when every game Miami has had a chance to win. If Miami loses (which I still doubt) I just say congrats Mavs and move on...
Bullshit. Refs are even. Games 1 and 4 heavily favored the Heat.

joshdaboss
06-10-2011, 10:00 PM
yup here's some awesome evidence of Dirk flopping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foaPMZxtzx4

This is an obvious foul, which he had to sell because he's getting 0 calls in this entire series.

Venti Quattro
06-10-2011, 10:01 PM

kobe bryant

TE
06-10-2011, 10:13 PM
LBJ >> Dirk athletically. LBJ is an attacking player and Dirk is a jumpshooter. Dirk still has more points in the paint via dunks or layups and more jumpers from the perimeter than LBJ has in the 4th qtr of this series. Why is that? Because LBJ has no post game other than barreling to the hole to get an and-1, fast break points, or his erratic jumper. He has not progressed in 8 years.

Dallas has figured him out. Rebound the ball so he can't fast break. Form a wall behind the Matrix so he can't get to the hole. When he gets a big dunk that fuels his confidence. Problem is he probably has about 5 this whole series. That's why he's not getting to the FT line as much as Dirk - which is what you are implying above. Then they dared him to shoot jumpers and he has mostly failed at that.

For Miami to win, LBJ has to be LBJ. He can't because of if he does that, Wade doesn't get off. I think it is smart of Dallas to concentrate on weak feeble minded LBJ and let Wade get his. LBJ (http://nbaplaybook.com/2010/10/27/lebrons-post-up-game-still-needs-some-work/) still has no true back to the basket game and he doesn't have a midrange game. These two weapons should be in his arsenal by now but it ain't which is sad.

It will be interesting to see which LBJ shows up. If he forces the issue, your true MVP (Wade) will be less affective. If he doesn't ball, fans like me will continue to roast him because we all will see Dallas popping bottles in Miami's visitors locker room. He can't win for losing (pun intended). :lol

Solid post. testify

Jodelo
06-11-2011, 04:57 AM
This is an obvious foul, which he had to sell because he's getting 0 calls in this entire series.

Good, we can move on now...

LkrFan
06-11-2011, 05:36 AM
Solid post. testify

Thanks man. :toast

TJastal
06-11-2011, 08:33 AM
^ The finals, especially late game collapses, really solidifies Spolestra has a bad coach. It is his job, throughout the year, to develop a game plan for end of game situations, especially close games, especially important games, and especially in the final 3 to 5 minutes of those games.

The Heat has shown over and over again that they do not have that discipline and preparation to execute. Just sloppy plays, questionable defensive tactics, and non-existant end game execution (except throw the ball to Wade and let him figure things out).

Just horribly coached team.

+1

Carlisle has not only dealt with injuries (Butler, Haywood) but made good adjustments throughout the series (Barea to starting lineup, mixing in zones to disrupt Miami), while Spoelstra has sat there sitting on his hands doing nothing but giving scripted pep talks he thought up the night before.

TJastal
06-11-2011, 08:38 AM

Fe6_i19o0XA

:lmao :lmao :lmao :rollin :rollin :rollin

That shit is the most ridiculous bs I have ever seen let go uncalled in an nba game. And that's saying ALOT.

Then he has the nerve to go bitching to the refs after the play, incredible.

pauls931
06-11-2011, 09:41 AM
The home cooking in Dallas was obvious.

Don't worry, I see Dwade still gets the call when he jumps into defenders. *foul*

Bill_Brasky
06-11-2011, 10:12 AM
+1

Carlisle has not only dealt with injuries (Butler, Haywood) but made good adjustments throughout the series (Barea to starting lineup, mixing in zones to disrupt Miami), while Spoelstra has sat there sitting on his hands doing nothing but giving scripted pep talks he thought up the night before.

Yeah, Carlisle is outcoaching the shit out of Spo in this series. He has made changes based on what he notices in the game, while Spo just stays with the same strategies that Dallas has figured out......

I mean, you would think he would at least put Chalmers in the starting lineup by now.....he has the passing skills to free James up for cuts to the rim, easy early points to get him going and into a rhythm, instead of having to be the PG all damn game...

jag
06-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Lngrrrr waxing that ass

TampaDude
06-11-2011, 11:27 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :rollin :rollin :rollin

That shit is the most ridiculous bs I have ever seen let go uncalled in an nba game. And that's saying ALOT.

Then he has the nerve to go bitching to the refs after the play, incredible.

WERD...I know sometimes the refs give 'em an extra step now and then, but that was ridiculous...he traveled 3 or 4 times with no call. :lmao

Riddler
06-11-2011, 11:28 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/1105/kardashian.sports/images/kardashian-young.jpg

TJastal
06-11-2011, 12:09 PM
WERD...I know sometimes the refs give 'em an extra step now and then, but that was ridiculous...he traveled 3 or 4 times with no call. :lmao

By my estimation, he lifts his pivot foot twice, then his other foot once, then pivot foot again, then finally one more little quickie hop on each foot for good measure before finally passing the ball.

For anyone who's counting that's 6 separate travels, folks.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Apparently TJ hasn't watched the NBA very long if that's the worst he's seen.

xN_ljDfevB0

TJastal
06-11-2011, 12:42 PM

xN_ljDfevB0

Well I must've missed that one, since I used to watch every warrior regular season game in slow motion looking for violations. In my spare time you know, cuz i have nothing better to do.

Btw, congrats on your youtube search, you must've been like "score!" when you searched up "6 step travel" and this popped up.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Or I remember it because I actually watch teams other than the Spurs and I've been watching longer than 1 year. I also don't use hyperbole like "this is the worst thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!" because I hate a particular team.

Nick Manning
06-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Or I remember it because I actually watch teams other than the Spurs and I've been watching longer than 1 year. I also don't use hyperbole like "this is the worst thing I have ever seen!!!!!!!" because I hate a particular team.

I know a certain Spur fan who says something to that effect multiple times each game thread. It's a sad sight to see a grown man cry like that.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Is it TJ?

Nick Manning
06-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Is it TJ?

the initials are CH...hope that helps

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Ahh yes, Corey Haim.

Nick Manning
06-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Ahh yes, Corey Haim.

Too soon, bro...too soon.

TJastal
06-11-2011, 01:55 PM
DPG you should know by now that I don't overreact to things, which is why I tend to stay out of game threads.

If I say something is "the worst" or "one of the worst" non-calls it's because it is.

But apparently because I missed some meaningless warrior / hawks game back in 2006 I don't watch other games and have only been watching basketball for less than a year. Uriel would tell you this is a hasty generalization, and to go study up on your logical fallacies.

TampaDude
06-11-2011, 02:28 PM
By my estimation, he lifts his pivot foot twice, then his other foot once, then pivot foot again, then finally one more little quickie hop on each foot for good measure before finally passing the ball.

For anyone who's counting that's 6 separate travels, folks.

Damn... :lmao

LkrFan
06-11-2011, 06:17 PM

xN_ljDfevB0

Dayum. :rollin

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 06:27 PM
DPG you should know by now that I don't overreact to things, which is why I tend to stay out of game threads.

Again, as much as I detest DPG, he's correct here again:::TJ, when I first came on board you called me everything but a white man. I was this||close to tendering my resignation with the Ellis girl when for some reason you let up on Culburn369 and I was able to flourish/the Ellis girl throwin' me out on my ear that one time withstanding.