PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a Title

CaptainLate
06-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Anyone see Amy Dorsett's "Mojo" article? I did and thought I should send this along.

It is a powerful novena (Latin for 9) found in the back of an Infant of Prague prayer book I have.

The prayers should, if possible, be repeated at the same time every hour for nine consecutive hours. Since the games start at 8pm (CT), I start the novena around noon so that I'm finished before tip-off. If my schedule prevents me from starting at noon so that I would not finish till after the game, then I adjust the time and say the prayers nine consecutive times every "x" minutes -- for example, every 45 minutes, 30 min, 15 min or whatever -- so that I'm finished before the game is over.

Here's the novena:

O my Jesus, who hast said, "Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you," through the intercession of Mary, Thy most holy Mother, I knock, I seek, I ask that my prayer be granted. (mention your request)

O my Jesus, who hast said, "All that you ask of the Father in My Name He will grant you," through the intercession of Mary, Thy most holy Mother, I humbly and urgently ask Thy Father in Thy Name that my prayer be granted. (mention your request)

O my Jesus, who hast said, "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My word shall not pass," through the intercession of Mary, Thy most holy Mother, I feel confident that my prayer will be granted. (mention your request)

So far in the playoffs this year, including the 84-69 Game 1 victory last night, it's something like 7-1 or 8-1 (I think I know what went wrong that caused the Game 4 loss vs. Phoenix Suns).

LNOTE: OBTW, the request I have been asking for is that the Spurs win the particular game for that day; that no players (including the opposing team's) get hurt or re-injured; and that the Spurs win the championship this year.

I also send along my Guardian Angel to assist the Spurs' Guardian Angels.

Spurspride
06-10-2005, 02:35 PM
your f'ing nutz