PDA

View Full Version : Is LeBron running on fumes?

Nick Manning
06-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Wilbon of all people made a decent point after the game...

The guy has played great defense (everybody has, except for Bosh, Bibby, and Miller), been a good facilitator, active on the glass, but he plays 45 minutes a game.

Not to make excuses for him (cause ya'll know I hate this motherfucker), but 45 min/night is too much. He's definitely a weak-minded player, but his lack of 4th quarter production should partly be attributed to fatigue.

Spo needs to find times to get him a couple minutes rest here and there, like Carlisle does with Dirk.

InRareForm
06-09-2011, 11:23 PM
with all the standing around he does on offense? That's rest right there iMO

Sean Cagney
06-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Oh well, he is done regardless then! He will not rest till they lose I guess in 6 or 7.

davethedope
06-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Can't afford to rest him. People forget, that is a three man team. The second one
of the other players on the heat man up, you're fucked. Got ride that horse to the end. LeBron
signed up for this shit.

Red Hawk #21
Yes, the guy looks exhausted to me but everyone is at this point so no excuses can be made for him.

Ace
Tbh I think he is...

JoeTait75
I actually thought LeBron played pretty well tonight. He just didn't hit shots. But at least he wasn't running from the basketball.

mariners
http://jeffvickers.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/picture-2.png

cheguevara
06-09-2011, 11:25 PM
He is running on crabs

davethedope
No one can say with a straight face Bosh and Wade would have this team in
the finals game 6 without LeBron.

DMX7
MJ played those types of minutes as an old man and never wilted, but then again, MJ and LeBron don't belong in the same sentence.

mariners
06-09-2011, 11:26 PM

take any of the big 3 off miami and its dallas in 5 (and yes Miami still gets past Chicago)

ballhog
06-09-2011, 11:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HOFnK.jpg

Giuseppe
06-09-2011, 11:27 PM
MJ played those types of minutes as an old man and never wilted, but then again, MJ and LeBron don't belong in the same sentence.

Though Jordan did take off two years (at Stern's insistence) twixt his championship runs.

Fabbs
Did Chandler really draw the charge on LeBrons disallowed key bucket that would have made it 102-102 +1 fta?
Foot on the restricted line.

Did Dorks subsquent hoop come after a travel? Sure looked like an easy call 3 steps.

I hear you on LeBrons fatigue. Other then that a triple double and people still bitch about the guy. :lmao

I thought Chalmers pussy assed lazy defense on Midget was much more of a key. Also Millers blown assignment to leave Jet open by 15 feet.

davethedope
take any of the big 3 off miami and its dallas in 5 (and yes Miami still gets past Chicago)

Man, Lebron could've got them at least to the semis, with HCA throughout

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Lebron has more 2-way responsibility than any perimeter player in NBA history, but it's not an excuse, he's in his prime, he's close to the finish line, there's no reason he can't overcome it..

Amaso
06-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Lebron has more 2-way responsibility than any perimeter player in NBA history, but it's not an excuse, he's in his prime, he's close to the finish line, there's no reason he can't overcome it..

LOL, you have lost your damn mind son. If anything, this is the least amount of responsibility he has had in his career. He doesn't have to do anything on offense for his team to win games and he has other good wing defenders on his team. He is guarding an old 6'2" this series most of the time, he doesn't have to guard anyone who can truly create their own shot.

dirk4mvp
06-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Jason Terry at this point in his career is severely limited offensively. Not like he's guarding Rose again.

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Lebron is the defensive anchor for a top 3 defensive team in the NBA, he exerts more effort on D than any player on the Heat, he has to make up for the fact that they have no interior size..

He's still the facilitator on offense, in addition to his D..

Lebron has guarded Dallas's best perimeter player(obviously, not counting Dirk as a small), he guarded Luol Deng and Derrick Rose for an entire series, he guarded Paul Pierce for an entire series, and he guarded Andre Iguodala for an entire series..

All of this, the best perimeter players on the opposing team, while focusing on help D, as well..

Most NBA perimeter stars, like Kobe and Derrick Rose, for example, are used by their coaches by hiding them on spot-up shooters and the worst offensive player in the starting lineup..

Nick Manning
06-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Lebron is the defensive anchor for a top 3 defensive team in the NBA, he exerts more effort on D than any player on the Heat, he has to make up for the fact that they have no interior size..

Lebron has guarded Dallas's best perimeter player(obviously, not counting Dirk as a small), he guarded Luol Deng and Derrick Rose for an entire series, he guarded Paul Pierce for an entire series, and he guarded Andre Iguodala for an entire series..

All of this, the best perimeter players on the opposing team, while focusing on help D, as well..

Most NBA perimeter stars, like Kobe and Derrick Rose, for example, are used by their coaches by hiding them on spot-up shooters and the worst offensive player in the starting lineup..

That's all fine and dandy, but he's still a choker till proven otherwise.

mariners
06-09-2011, 11:38 PM

Part of this is on Spaelstra imo even with Dallas having no one that can consistently score outside of Dirk, Rick has been able to give Dirk about 6-7 minutes of rest a game, Spaelstra should do the same

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2011, 11:39 PM
That's all fine and dandy, but he's still a choker till proven otherwise.

I agree, I already said it wasn't an excuse, just pointing it out..he doesn't have the luxury that Kobe and Rose have..

crc21209
06-09-2011, 11:41 PM

This. ^^^ I'm pretty sure the guy played 40+ minutes a night every game in the season, and now in the PO's, but still, he has to get it done now....

pass1st
06-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Wade is going to slow down these next two games, I think. Spo is going to have to change up the rotation, might help out LBJ.

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2011, 11:43 PM
It would be nice if he could take Mike Bibby out of the rotation..it's not like Lebron and Wade can't play PG for stretches, even Mike Miller..

badfish22
06-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Lebrons just being locked down by The Matrix

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/MARIONBEAT.gif.pagespeed.ce.OV2bxjYXuv.gif

crc21209
06-09-2011, 11:45 PM
It would be nice if he could take Mike Bibby out of the rotation..it's not like Lebron and Wade can't play PG for stretches, even Mike Miller..

This ^^^. He played Bibby almost the entire 1st quarter. Before he was playing him up until about the 5-6 minute mark of the 1st, and then inserting Chalmers. He needs to go back to this. I'm fine with Bibby playing the first 5-6 minutes of the game, but after that...adios.

Nick Manning
06-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Dallas is backing up their shit-talking, and Marion's doing it to his face now.

Amaso
06-09-2011, 11:48 PM

Lebron hasn't done anything on the offensive end this series that would require him to exert energy. The only way he's really scored is off of steals by either him or Wade or just getting extremely easy layups from a defensive rebound or a Dallas breakdown. Lebron does not anchor their defense by himself... in this series he hasn't had nearly the defensive responsibility he had against Chicago. Marion has dominated him on the offensive end, as well as Terry. The guy is playing like a cuckold.

HarlemHeat37
06-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Lebron hasn't done anything on the offensive end this series that would require him to exert energy. The only way he's really scored is off of steals by either him or Wade or just getting extremely easy layups from a defensive rebound or a Dallas breakdown. Lebron does not anchor their defense by himself... in this series he hasn't had nearly the defensive responsibility he had against Chicago. Marion has dominated him on the offensive end, as well as Terry. The guy is playing like a cuckold.

I was referring to the entire playoffs..Lebron has certainly sucked in this series, outside of game 1..it's the easiest matchup he has faced, on both ends of the floor, so it's all mental IMO..

badfish22
06-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Dallas is backing up their shit-talking, and Marion's doing it to his face now.

That's another thing The Lebron Stopper is doing. Hes talking shit to him AS hes playing. Players have no fear of him, they know he is soft and you can get in his head.

Nathan89
06-09-2011, 11:51 PM
LOL, you have lost your damn mind son. If anything, this is the least amount of responsibility he has had in his career. He doesn't have to do anything on offense for his team to win games and he has other good wing defenders on his team. He is guarding an old 6'2" this series most of the time, he doesn't have to guard anyone who can truly create their own shot.

Why aren't they winning then?

davethedope
06-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Truth is now the seed of doubt is firmly planted. Mavs first convincing win (barely)
since the Lakers series.

Amaso
06-10-2011, 12:18 AM
Why aren't they winning then?

I meant in general, he doesn't have to play well offensively for them to win. Think about it...

They've won 1 game with him playing like crap, and the 3 others have gone down to the wire.

Killakobe81
06-10-2011, 12:25 AM

The guy has played great defense (everybody has, except for Bosh, Bibby, and Miller), been a good facilitator, active on the glass, but he plays 45 minutes a game.

Not to make excuses for him (cause ya'll know I hate this motherfucker), but 45 min/night is too much. He's definitely a weak-minded player, but his lack of 4th quarter production should partly be attributed to fatigue.

Spo needs to find times to get him a couple minutes rest here and there, like Carlisle does with Dirk.

Now this, I agree with. as much credit as wade and dirk are getting, and rightfully so neither are defending a top scorer like Lebron does. Tonight he spent time on Dirk, Terry and Marion 3 of the Mavs best players ...

Killakobe81
06-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Lebrons just being locked down by The Matrix

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/MARIONBEAT.gif.pagespeed.ce.OV2bxjYXuv.gif

Is Marion shaking dice or mimicking Lebron "jacking off" ... :lol

LkrFan
06-10-2011, 03:38 AM

But Spo really can't. Tonight was the first time Mike Miller had a decent game. You can't really count on that.

Disagree about the amount of minutes he playing. LBJ is in his prime. He should be able to handle it. If he tired he can rest after the Finals. No excuses.

LkrFan
06-10-2011, 03:41 AM
He is running on crabs

No. That would be STD-Wade.

LkrFan
06-10-2011, 03:51 AM

Excuses excuses. Artest has only been a Laker for 2 years. This was Kobe's 15th year. Who in the hell guarded the opposing team's best perimeter player? George? Fisher? Come on with these excuses. Kobe had to do it and I never read anywhere that he played like shit because he was tired (his shot selection was sometimes questionable, tbh though).

The light at the end of the tunnel should be bright as fuck for him. If he doesn't figure out that zone and the multiple looks they are throwing at him, the Heat won't rang.

He said this was the biggest game of his career. Close game, 4th qtr, he goes 1/4 on a blown assignment and scores a meaningless layup. Are you kidding me? Kobe would have ordered everyone to clear out and posted up J Kidd. His legacy is on the line and he is blowing it. Triple double be damned.

joshdaboss
06-10-2011, 04:05 AM
Excuses excuses. Artest has only been a Laker for 2 years. This was Kobe's 15th year. Who in the hell guarded the opposing team's best perimeter player? George? Fisher? Come on with these excuses. Kobe had to do it and I never read anywhere that he played like shit because he was tired (his shot selection was sometimes questionable, tbh though).

The light at the end of the tunnel should be bright as fuck for him. If he doesn't figure out that zone and the multiple looks they are throwing at him, the Heat won't rang.

He said this was the biggest game of his career. Close game, 4th qtr, he goes 1/4 on a blown assignment and scores a meaningless layup. Are you kidding me? Kobe would have ordered everyone to clear out and posted up J Kidd. His legacy is on the line and he is blowing it. Triple double be damned.

Tbh, it was a valiant effort on the troll until the last line. Kind of fucked yourself there.

namlook
06-10-2011, 04:08 AM

Neither would Lebron and Wade or Lebron and Bosh be in the finals either. Without all three guys they lose to the Bulls.

LkrFan
06-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Tbh, it was a valiant effort on the troll until the last line. Kind of fucked yourself there.

First off I was talking hoops, not trolling. And uh, no it didn't because if you really think LBJ had a typical monster game then you are fooling yourself. Sure the triple dub looks good on paper, but how did he do when his team needed him to be a superstar down the stretch? I'll show you:

2:55 LeBron James misses 17-foot jumper 100-100

2:27 LeBron James offensive charge (Tyson Chandler draws the foul) 100-102

2:27 LeBron James turnover 100-102

1:50 LeBron James misses 25-foot three point jumper 100-102

0:29 LeBron James makes driving layup 103-108

^Blown assignment by Dallas. Conceded layup. When they needed him to be the superstar he failed. 1/4 in the 4th won't cut it and didn't. Don't let that triple dub fool you.

Koolaid_Man
06-10-2011, 06:46 AM

If Lebron is playing on fumes I wonder what Kobe was playing on vs Dallas after 3 straight years to the NBA finals....:hat

lefty
06-10-2011, 09:04 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/318319578.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1307714558&Signature=Zu8FKQG%2B1KddGuRw0fgeXb0Vjwc%3D

Reggie Williams
06-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Harlem you are a faggot

baseline bum
06-10-2011, 10:27 AM
LeBron had an excuse when he was playing with a piss-poor supporting cast in Cleveland; no one would have taken those teams to titles. But Miami? Hell no, he's playing on one of the most talented teams we have ever seen. They could use a center, but otherwise that's a hell of a strong cast James has surrounding him.

stretch
06-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Is Marion shaking dice or mimicking Lebron "jacking off" ... :lol

i think he was making fun of wade trying to kiss the refs ass so he would get a call

Findog
06-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Difference in this series seems to be that Miami expects to win while Dallas wants to win. The Mavs just seem to be digging down deep and want it more. You've got a bunch of vets who know this is probably their last and best chance versus a Big Three that acts entitled and a supporting cast of washed-up dinosaurs and young kids. Only Wade seems to be laying it all out on the line for the Heat.

Venti Quattro
06-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Or they're still expecting Dallas to choke, only to fail.

TheGreatest23
06-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Lebron running on fumes? Oh, did he play in 3 straight Finals and also in the summers for USA? I forgot that he is an old guy.

BobKnight
06-10-2011, 12:53 PM
If Lebron is playing on fumes I wonder what Kobe was playing on vs Dallas after 3 straight years to the NBA finals....:hat

Whatever Mr.Bean is running on, he's definitely not running on fumes. He rarely practices with his team. He's getting plenty of rest afaik. He just can't win unless he has bigs that are playing at all star level. Once a robin always a robin.

DAF86
06-10-2011, 04:43 PM
I think so. Spo needs to rest him in the second half of games.

Rip-Hamilton32
06-10-2011, 05:17 PM
why not rest him the entire 4th quarter just keep the ball in Wade's hands

Nick Manning
06-10-2011, 05:19 PM
I don't see the harm in getting him "spurts" of rest during the first and second quarter...and maybe towards the end of the 3rd as well. The Heat defense isn't going to fall off the map b/c he's gone for 2 minutes here and there, and Wade is more than capable of carrying the O when he's out.

Ace
06-10-2011, 05:20 PM

LkrFan is known for bad takes...

Ginobilly
06-10-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't see the harm in getting him "spurts" of rest during the first and second quarter...and maybe towards the end of the 3rd as well. The Heat defense isn't going to fall off the map b/c he's gone for 2 minutes here and there, and Wade is more than capable of carrying the O when he's out.

I agree also. We are only human made of flesh and bone and we do get tired at times. 2 to 3 mins of rest every half wont hurt the heat, and it could do wonders for his game.

21_Blessings
06-10-2011, 07:47 PM
He's definitely a weak-minded player,

Well, that's a given.

But tired? Yeah, right. LeRobin has enough HGH running through his veins to give a horse a heart attack. He's just choking par the normal.

LkrFan
06-10-2011, 07:57 PM
lkrfan is known for takes i disagree with...

fify

Ace
06-10-2011, 08:08 PM
fify

You were wrong about the Heat, Lakers, Mavs and Wade. In fact you had horrible takes on Wade...

dunkman
06-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Too many mental notes . . .

LkrFan
06-10-2011, 08:39 PM
You were wrong about the Heat, Lakers, Mavs and Wade. In fact you had horrible takes on Wade...

The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while. And I gave your boy Wade props. What the fuck you want, a cookie? :lol

Ace
06-10-2011, 08:54 PM
The sun shines on a dog's ass once in a while. And I gave your boy Wade props. What the fuck you want, a cookie? :lol

Wrong about Lakers vs Heat
Wrong about Celtics/Bulls vs Heat
Wrong about Wade
Wrong about Mavs vs Lakers
Wrong about Lakers title run

That's more than once in a while...