PDA

View Full Version : Will dallas repeat?

cheguevara
06-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Tuff Juice will be back 100% and they will be able to sign a couple of their free agents. Not to mention probably pick up a few veterans looking for rings.

Do they repeat next year?

Findog
06-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Fuck this jinx thread.

*Official* Prediction: Heat win the next two.

stretch
06-10-2011, 10:21 AM
they will win not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7

ohmwrecker
06-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Are you ready for this one?

. . . neither of these teams will be in the finals next year.

Joel Anthony
06-10-2011, 10:58 AM
They're not winning it this year. Next year the Heat will get even better at playing together. NBA is so fu:lolked

baseline bum
06-10-2011, 11:04 AM

Easy prediction when there won't be a finals in 2012.

ohmwrecker
06-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Easy prediction when there won't be a finals in 2012.

Maybe . . . I'm going to stick by it regardless.

mariners
06-10-2011, 12:45 PM
yes

next years lineup

PG- Deron
SG- Veteran defensive first dude
SF- Butler
PF- Dirk
C- Dwight

pass1st
06-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Mavs will get worse next year unless they make a trade and a handful of teams (OKC, Bulls, Heat, few more) are just going to get better. Heck, Bulls are just a good shooting guard away from being a potential dynasty.

mariners
06-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Mavs will get worse next year unless they make a trade and a handful of teams (OKC, Bulls, Heat, few more) are just going to get better. Heck, Bulls are just a good shooting guard away from being a potential dynasty.
adding butler and roddy will make this team worse? :lmao:lmao

pass1st
06-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Everybody a year older will make them worse. Dirk isn't getting younger and Kidd can't defy father time much longer. You have to realize that the Mavs stumbled on a perfect rotation and lineup, they essentially maximized their potential. Which is why a lot of people are against putting Butler in if he was ready to play right now :rolleyes

Better players on paper != better team. Right now Mavs are the best team in the playoffs, it isn't because they are talented like the Heat. They have synergy and changing something might mean losing that synergy.

mariners
06-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Everybody a year older will make them worse. Dirk isn't getting younger and Kidd can't defy father time much longer. You have to realize that the Mavs stumbled on a perfect rotation and lineup, they essentially maximized their potential. Which is why a lot of people are against putting Butler in if he was ready to play right now :rolleyes

Better players on paper != better team. Right now Mavs are the best team in the playoffs, it isn't because they are talented like the Heat. They have synergy and changing something might mean losing that synergy.
Butler isn't playing because his doctor hasn't cleared him for contact drills, last time I checked there is contact in a game, so he can't play. I agree that Kidd's age is starting to show up but Dirk's hasn't and he is still in his prime, he isn't going to get drastically worse just by 1 year, also jet to a smaller degree age is catching up to him too. I do think they will get a better backup PG, Barea has his moments but is a liability on the defensive end and takes dumb shots. Marion is having a much better year this year than last year, the team should be better next year if it will be as hungry as this years team is, and that will be the ultimate question.

pass1st
06-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Most people, and the coach, were against putting Butler in if he was able to play. If he was 100% they only put him in if they were in panic mode or if there is a role he clearly could fill in his unpracticed state, you just can't mess with the synergy the team has right now. While Dirk won't age much, a lot of people are going to get better and he's not going to be as unguardable next season.

The only way the Mavs would be better if they could adjust for age and keep the kind of teamwork they have going right now. The latter is very questionable, the former is probably going to be the base for a movement to get a new PG.

ogait
06-10-2011, 01:19 PM

Is that based on something or just wishful thinking?

mavchokulous
06-10-2011, 01:22 PM
I stayed away this whole playoff series. I want to let all of you pussies know that after the Heat lose in game 6, the Mavs will take it up the ass just like they always do against the spurs. Fuck Miami and Fuck Dallas.

BobKnight
06-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Mavs have a decent chance of getting back to the Finals again next year. Dirk seems to get better with age. Memphis, OKC, Spurs, Mavs will be fighting for the WCF.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2011, 01:35 PM
they will win not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7
0 the only option then?

endrity
06-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Stop trying to jinx us you jealous prick!

skut_farkus
06-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Mavs have a decent chance of getting back to the Finals again next year. Dirk seems to get better with age. Memphis, OKC, Spurs, Mavs will be fighting for the WCF.
Spurs? Lol I would put portland ahead of them tbh

ohmwrecker
06-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Is that based on something or just wishful thinking?

Just playing the odds.

Harry Callahan
06-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Let them "peat" first. It is not a forgone conclusion. Unfortunately, it looks like everything if falling their way right now (the guy they can't contain is now hurt - Wade).

As far as repeating, it is really tough unless you have overwhelming talent at most spots - they don't. They also have a couple of key free agents. I suspect (if they win one more game in this series) the obnoxious owner will shower fortunes on everyone regardless so as not to "jinx' anything.

Overall team age is another thing. It will tough for them due to younger teams getting better along with the declining skills of older players in Dallas (Kidd and Terry the likely candidates. Maybe Dirk, but it's not likely he will implode next year).

Miami (if Wade is close to healthy, who knows) is still capable of winning two home games.

Findog
06-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Let them "peat" first.

This. Not in the bag by any means, but Dallas has this thing in a vice grip. We're just playing better, and we've out-executed them down the stretch in the 4th Quarter five of six games. I'm just not intimidated by the prospect of having to win in front of those never look up from their iPhone fair weather douche fans like having to win a road game in Portland, LA or OKC.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Why not? Keep the lock out championship asterisks in Texas!

k_nguyen93
06-10-2011, 11:37 PM
BUTLER OVERRATED. Ball stopper, fluke three point shooting this year, 31 now. Watched him on Wizards in DC all those years.

mariners
06-11-2011, 01:19 AM
BUTLER OVERRATED. Ball stopper, fluke three point shooting this year, 31 now. Watched him on Wizards in DC all those years.
That is your problem, you watched him with the Wizards, where all talent goes to die.

eric365
06-11-2011, 06:04 AM
Just playing the odds.

The heat are going to be in the finals next year.
They will get a decent C this offseaon

Cuckolded Sissy
06-11-2011, 10:32 AM
If they do get a ring, I can't see them playing with the hunger next post season that they did this one. Dirk will be 34, Terry 34, Marion 35 and Kidd 39. At that stage in their careers I could see them satisfied with 1 ring. :lobt2: