PDA

View Full Version : 2 Days Off is a Disadvantage

mavsfan1000
06-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Miami relies on their starters to play heavy minutes. So it is a disadvantage to Dallas that Miami gets 2 days off for game 6. We have yet to beat Miami when they had more than 1 day off. Wade also gets an extra day to heal his injury. I hope we make the starters play heavy minutes at least if we don't win game 6.

Fpoonsie
06-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Darrin thinks your faggotry has grown tiresome.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Darrin thinks your faggotry has grown tiresome.
Your lack of knowledge for NBA games is tiresome. All you do is attack other posters. Fuck you.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2011, 12:27 PM
I blame this on Spoelstra btw. He doesn't need to play James the whole freaking game. You are the damn coach. Make sure your team has enough for a whole playoff series. And Wade's style is very physical and takes a lot out of you. Every other day would've been ideal for Dallas but I guess they gotta win against a fresher Heat team on the road.

lefty
06-10-2011, 12:27 PM
The Mavs are older, so the break is a good thing for them

BlackSwordsMan
06-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Spurs wouldn't need two days off. They're class acts they wouldn't have accepted it nah uh not for a fn second.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2011, 12:29 PM
The Mavs are older, so the break is a good thing for them
They are older but deeper as well. They don't play Dirk the whole game.

stretch
06-10-2011, 12:30 PM
hopefully they can actually get a few effective minutes out of Haywood by then, but I doubt it. it would be really helpful though, although Cardinal has done pretty solidly.

Fpoonsie
06-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Your lack of knowledge for NBA games is tiresome. All you do is attack other posters. Fuck you.

:lol Coming from the faggot that has yet to get one prediction about "his team" right...

...that's telling me.

Now, go 'head. Tell me some bullshit about "jinxing", faggot.

Nick Manning
06-10-2011, 12:33 PM
I agree with the OP this time. Heat have time to regroup and Wade (their most important player) needs all the recovery time he can get.

On a side note, the OP's schtick has become surprisingly effective. The reverse-jinx pessimistic goods

pass1st
06-10-2011, 12:34 PM
A rest isn't going to help Heat too much, well except Wade since he might need an extra day to feel good. They just have to hope homecourt causes LBJ to play like he did against the Bulls so Wade doesn't have to do everything and get banged up.

SourCandy
06-10-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm surprised some of you still think the heat can come back with the way they been playing,well baby bron mainly.

pass1st
06-10-2011, 12:44 PM
3 of the games were really close, just a few ref calls away from having a different winner. If the refs decided to favor one team then the other team could only win in a blowout.

DMC
06-10-2011, 12:46 PM
It's not that the Heat cannot come back, or that they can, but that Dallas has to prove it's choking days are over. So, on one hand you have the media appointed juggernauts, and on the other you have the historically consistent chokers. The chokers need only one game to win it all in order to get that monkey off their backs. The Heat need two games at home to get that monkey off of the back of the 2nd coming of Black Jesus.

dallaskd
06-10-2011, 12:51 PM
No. Kidd and Chandler need the rest

pass1st
06-10-2011, 01:18 PM
It's not that the Heat cannot come back, or that they can, but that Dallas has to prove it's choking days are over. So, on one hand you have the media appointed juggernauts, and on the other you have the historically consistent chokers. The chokers need only one game to win it all in order to get that monkey off their backs. The Heat need two games at home to get that monkey off of the back of the 2nd coming of Black Jesus.

True enough, the Mavs have a lot riding on this series. People will forget about losing to GSW or the 2006 choke job if they take down the most overhyped team since the '04 Lakers.

DMC
06-10-2011, 01:49 PM
The Mavs best players, the refs, will have had plenty of rest IMO..

Are you gearing up to post some pics of facials and prolapsed assholes? I can see it coming.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2011, 01:50 PM
The Mavs best players, the refs, will have had plenty of rest IMO..
Go fuck yourself

Findog
06-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Dallas needs the rest too. Another day of having to listen to all the talk can make a team restless in the case of Miami. Dallas has won the fourth quarter in five of the six games. They are consistently out-executing the Heat in crunch time.

This thing isn't in the bag by any means, but Dallas has now won 5 of 7 against Miami, twice in their building, and that frontrunning douche crowd has nothing on the Rose Garden, Staples Center and OKC.

BobKnight
06-10-2011, 02:50 PM
This thing isn't in the bag by any means, but Dallas has now won 5 of 7 against Miami, twice in their building, and that frontrunning douche crowd has nothing on the Rose Garden, Staples Center and OKC.

:lol

Findog
06-10-2011, 02:51 PM
:lol

That's a tough place to play. Laker fans, the true Laker fans in the 300 Level, get a bad rap because of all the celebrities that go to the game.

Nick Manning
06-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Say what you want about LA and the Hollywood crowd, but Staples>>>>>>>>>>AAA.

These are things we know.

BobKnight
06-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Dallas cakewalked through LA. The Laker's crowd never adds any advantages to their home team, celebrities or not. Rose Garden, AAC, OKC, United Center, etc >>>>> Staples Center. These are things we know.

Nick Manning
06-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Dallas cakewalked through LA. The Laker's crowd never adds any advantages to their home team, celebrities or not. Rose Garden, AAC, OKC, United Center, etc >>>>> Staples Center. These are things we know.

You are an idiot and should walk out into oncoming traffic.

The Miami crowd shows up at the start of the 2nd and leaves at the end of the 3rd. I live down here and have been to Heat games this year, while you are talking out of your ass.

Go kick rocks, faggot.

BobKnight
06-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Was I ever talking about the Miami crowd ?

Reading comprehension. :lol

Nick Manning
06-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Was I ever talking about the Miami crowd ?

Reading comprehension. :lol

My bad, Coach.

badfish22
06-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Whose troll is Manning? Badodor?

pass1st
06-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Staples Center has crazy crowds, it can be one of the hardest places to play. Laker fans turn on their own team every now and then too, so sometimes they will be better on the road. They will riot in the streets if they win, so better than a passive crowd I guess.

I would rank the crowd below quite a few others, though. Warriors, OKC, Mavs, Bulls and especially the Blazers have a much better home court advantage on average. Still, Staples Center is an enigma and the crowd is ranked up there.

BobKnight
06-10-2011, 03:35 PM
LA being a tough place to play has nothing to do with their crowds. I attribute it more to the Lakers being a somewhat decent team. Emphasis on "somewhat." The crowds riot the streets because they're low class and uneducated (typical Laker fan).

I've been to a Laker home game before. Sat towards the back with the so-called real fans. Still, I almost dozed off due to the quietness.

They're all spoiled and jaded, hence the lack of enthusiasm.

Nick Manning
06-10-2011, 03:43 PM
You're missing the point, Bobby. Findog's original point was that Dallas has been successful on the road in 3 tougher venues than AAA...Miami's homecourt is not going to sway the outcome to either side. LeBron's 4th quarter play will, though.

BobKnight
06-10-2011, 03:49 PM
I don't disagree with that. I'm just pointing out that SC isn't as intimidating as people are making it out to be.

Nick Manning
06-10-2011, 03:55 PM
I don't disagree with that. I'm just pointing out that SC isn't as intimidating as people are making it out to be.

I agree, Staples is not that great of an atmosphere, but it certainly beats the shit out of Miami's.