PDA

View Full Version : To All the Stupid Malik Fans

Willinsa
06-10-2005, 02:46 PM
All your bitching and crying about Malik being traded was stupid, without Nazr in the middle we would have major problems.

So if you are one of those people who still wishes we had Malik

:stfu

bigzak25
06-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Big Malik Fan. Glad we have Nazr.

I gave up on his ass late in the season, but he showed me something in the denver series and hasn't looked back since. Props for a great trade FO. And Big Props to Nazr.

Willinsa
06-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Great job on Pop's part to rid of a horrible overpayed player. He was Jaren Jackson all over again.

GrandeDavid
06-10-2005, 02:59 PM
I, personally, loved the trade from the get go. That does not mean, however, that I dislike Malik in any way. I certainly miss Malik, he is great with the fans but obviously Nazr fills a greater need.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Isiah Thomas must've been smoking something when he made this deal. He might be the worst GM in the nba.

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Malik fans aren't "stupid." They loved and appreciated Rose for being a hardworking, dedicated player who fit in well with both the team and the community. Obviously, fans get upset when players they have become fond of are traded.

And guess what? Nazr Mohammed has proven to be a hardworking, dedicated player who fits in well with both the team and community.

So the Malik fans miss Malik, and appreciate Nazr. Not mutually exclusive events. Just further proof that the Spurs' braintrust knows what it's doing.

(And that Isaiah Thomas doesn't :lol )

CaptainLate
06-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Great job on Pop's part to rid of a horrible overpayed player. He was Jaren Jackson all over again.

Not, let's be real folks. Malik is not Jaren Jackson.

CaptainLate
06-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Malik fans aren't "stupid." They loved and appreciated Rose for being a hardworking, dedicated player who fit in well with both the team and the community. Obviously, fans get upset when players they have become fond of are traded.

And guess what? Nazr Mohammed has proven to be a hardworking, dedicated player who fits in well with both the team and community.

So the Malik fans miss Malik, and appreciate Nazr. Not mutually exclusive events. Just further proof that the Spurs' braintrust knows what it's doing.

I expect Malik to re-sign with the Spurs after Isaiah realizes the mistake he made in picking up Malik's contract (they probably just wanted the picks more than anything). The Knicks get a coach, clean house and cut Malik.

T Park
06-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Im curious where the people are that said

"Nazr Mohammed shouldn't make the playoff roster"

Where are those idiots.

mavsfan1000
06-10-2005, 03:42 PM
Doesn't Malik have a guaranteed contract?

whottt
06-10-2005, 03:53 PM
You Malik haters don't have the braincells god gave a fucking fart.

Who is bitching now? You are.

You are...you shut the fuck up. Whining bitch.

And stop the Malik hate idiot...why don't you actually look at what Malik did the last time he got PT in the playoffs...then pull you stupid fucking head out of you stupid fucking ass and realize he did that off the bench behind Duncan and Robinson...then realize how badly Nazr sucked ass when he was on our bench, and the only reason he is in the starting rotation is because of injuries our PF and C..

There's nothing more offensive than stupid motherfuckers that don't realize they are stupid. Realize it, then shut the fuck up. A fucking boxscore junky has more insigt than the excrement that are the Malik haters.

And BTW...Nazr is playing well...

It's unfortunate that small dicked and loudmouthed dumbasses have to use that as an exuse to whine and bitch after a fucking win and hate on a player who was pure Spur and San Antonio all the way...

You ugly fucking haters. Die.

Useruser666
06-10-2005, 03:55 PM
This thread came out of the blue and late to boot.

Ishta
06-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Well, I love Malik, and this trade has worked out well in the end...So I guess alls well that ends well.....You never know, he might be back next year..

nickbroken
06-10-2005, 03:56 PM

That's what I was thinking....tourettes anyone?

Slo spurs fan
06-10-2005, 04:03 PM
:wow Whottt is on fire!!!

BigVee
06-10-2005, 04:06 PM
I hate the way Whottt beats around the bush and makes us guess how he really feels.

whottt
06-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Malik Rose was OK but nothing compared to Nazr Mohhamed. Nazr Mohhamed is a seven foota with skills, enough said. Isiah Thomas is an idiot for getting rid of him, but I think its kind of cheap the Spurs had to pick up all these role players at the end of the season just like the Yankees do in baseball. Buying the championship

Nazr hasn't even come close to Malik's best playoff games...that's the truth.

I love the guy...he had a tough task to adapt to this team in the pressure of a title run...and he was absolutely lost while he was on the bench...those injuries turned out to be the most fortunate thing that could have happened for Nazr and our title hopes...but if they hadn't happened Nazr would probably be getting less minutes right now than Massenburg...

The Spurs gambled on making that trade this season...and just like it did when they lost out on Jason Kidd and Chis Webber...it worked out.

Nazr's rebounding abilities were well documented...and I don't think anyone doubted he was capable of these kinds of performances..................

Next season...We got lucky he got substantial PT down the stretch, due to injuries not his bench play, to help figure out the system...

He is as tough as Malik and he is a 7 footer...I'm still not thrilled with the way he clogs our O but with the way he is cleaning glass and making timely dunks and impressive layups...it more than makes up for it.

What's sickening is everyone forgetting how big a role Malik played on this team in his career...

It's not a reflection of Malik...it's a reflection of the shitty, unknowledgable, lousy memoried, and low grade caliber of fan that hates Malik Rose.

And Nazr was there when the Knicks became a cesspool this season...he was major reason for it...that's why he got traded.

He got traded because he could not handle the pressure of being "the man" inside for the Knicks...he got a chance and he could not do it...he doesn't have to do it here...Malik probably won't be the man in New York either...but he will anchor their defense better than Nazr did...and he will try with his last fucking ounce of energy to be the man for them.

And people need to stop thinking the Knicks are a small market franchise like the Spurs...they don't want to get under the cap, they want it raised higher...their fan base won't accept a rebuilding plan...

And besides, getting under the cap is not the fast track to building a title contender...ask the Bulls, ask the Jazz...ask every team that has tried it.

It wasn't a bad trade for the Knicks...Malik did help them...he did a hell of a lot more to turn things around for them than Nazr was doing.

Willinsa
06-10-2005, 04:16 PM
You Malik haters don't have the braincells god gave a fucking fart.

Who is bitching now? You are.

You are...you shut the fuck up. Whining bitch.

And stop the Malik hate idiot...why don't you actually look at what Malik did the last time he got PT in the playoffs...then pull you stupid fucking head out of you stupid fucking ass and realize he did that off the bench behind Duncan and Robinson...then realize how badly Nazr sucked ass when he was on our bench, and the only reason he is in the starting rotation is because of injuries our PF and C..

There's nothing more offensive than stupid motherfuckers that don't realize they are stupid. Realize it, then shut the fuck up. A fucking boxscore junky has more insigt than the excrement that are the Malik haters.

And BTW...Nazr is playing well...

It's unfortunate that small dicked and loudmouthed dumbasses have to use that as an exuse to whine and bitch after a fucking win and hate on a player who was pure Spur and San Antonio all the way...

You ugly fucking haters. Die.

I was NEVER a malik fan, I guess I miss his 15 foot jumper barely touching iron, he was not good at all. True he was an ok player on defense but that is about it. I thought SA was on suicide watch after the trade, so I think that Nazr is a MAJOR improvement Malik. What gets me mad is how everyone reacted to a guy who would be the 10th guy of the bench for any team being traded.

ShoogarBear
06-10-2005, 04:19 PM

Yeah. It's curious how Malik hatas constantly feel the need to randomly bring up his name whenever they feels there's an opportunity to spew.

Some serious, serious pathology going on in those diseased minds.

Willinsa
06-10-2005, 04:59 PM
I think it is because some Malik fans are still whining and bitching about the trade.

BillsCarnage
06-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Isiah Thomas must've been smoking something when he made this deal. He might be the worst GM in the nba.

What do you mean? He's BRILLIANT as a GM!
He took both Penny and Farcebury's bloated contracts off the Suns payroll.

He's BRILLIANT........ for the rest of the league.

dcole50
06-10-2005, 05:12 PM
haha. does anyone have any links to the threads when everyone was quiting the team because malik was gone?

;)

TheAdmiral#50
06-10-2005, 05:16 PM
Nazr hasn't even come close to Malik's best playoff games...that's the truth.

I love the guy...he had a tough task to adapt to this team in the pressure of a title run...and he was absolutely lost while he was on the bench...those injuries turned out to be the most fortunate thing that could have happened for Nazr and our title hopes...but if they hadn't happened Nazr would probably be getting less minutes right now than Massenburg...

The Spurs gambled on making that trade this season...and just like it did when they lost out on Jason Kidd and Chis Webber...it worked out.

Nazr's rebounding abilities were well documented...and I don't think anyone doubted he was capable of these kinds of performances..................

Next season...We got lucky he got substantial PT down the stretch, due to injuries not his bench play, to help figure out the system...

He is as tough as Malik and he is a 7 footer...I'm still not thrilled with the way he clogs our O but with the way he is cleaning glass and making timely dunks and impressive layups...it more than makes up for it.

What's sickening is everyone forgetting how big a role Malik played on this team in his career...

It's not a reflection of Malik...it's a reflection of the shitty, unknowledgable, lousy memoried, and low grade caliber of fan that hates Malik Rose.

And Nazr was there when the Knicks became a cesspool this season...he was major reason for it...that's why he got traded.

He got traded because he could not handle the pressure of being "the man" inside for the Knicks...he got a chance and he could not do it...he doesn't have to do it here...Malik probably won't be the man in New York either...but he will anchor their defense better than Nazr did...and he will try with his last fucking ounce of energy to be the man for them.

And people need to stop thinking the Knicks are a small market franchise like the Spurs...they don't want to get under the cap, they want it raised higher...their fan base won't accept a rebuilding plan...

And besides, getting under the cap is not the fast track to building a title contender...ask the Bulls, ask the Jazz...ask every team that has tried it.

It wasn't a bad trade for the Knicks...Malik did help them...he did a hell of a lot more to turn things around for them than Nazr was doing.

lol,what he said!

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-10-2005, 05:19 PM
:lol @ Whottt still on Malik's balls.

Does he make you shave them after you hand scrub them?

samikeyp
06-10-2005, 05:24 PM
playoff numbers for ya'll to mull over. I'm not taking sides...just providing numbers.

Rose: 82 games, 6.2ppg, 43% fg, 74% ft, 4.3rpg, .52spg, .32bpg, 1.17to

Mohammed: 23 games, 7.4ppg, 54% fg, 63% ft, 5.9rpg, .78spg, .87bpg, 1.13to

ShoogarBear
06-10-2005, 05:26 PM
You forgot MPG.

whottt
06-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Look at 01-02 when DRob was injured...

Malik put up 13 and 8

During our last title run he put up @ 9 and 6....off the bench...this means behind Duncan and Robinson...not starting alongside one of them.

Mind you...he put up those numbers going up against the fucking Lakers during their 3 peat...

What's the point of bringing it up though...memory is considered to be a factor in intelligence...and these dumb motherfuckers are sorely lacking in that area.

samikeyp
06-10-2005, 05:32 PM
Ahh...my bad..good point Shoog.

MPG in the playoffs...

Malik: 17.5
Nazr: 20.4

whottt
06-10-2005, 05:33 PM
:lol @ Whottt still on Malik's balls.

Does he make you shave them after you hand scrub them?

I'm sorry but who exactly are you? Another dime a dozen douchebag that uses obnoxiousness in lieu of an actual basketball take because it's the only way he can get a response? Not impressed...and I'd rather read a take by LakerGod.

Mijo
06-10-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm sorry but who exactly are you? I bet you if you start a thread about local development, he'd be all over it.

Bye Bye Bye!

JoeChalupa
06-10-2005, 06:30 PM
I still like Malik.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-10-2005, 09:54 PM
During our last title run he put up @ 9 and 6....off the bench...this means behind Duncan and Robinson...not starting alongside one of them.

Yeah, and to quote Buck Harvey Rose was getting as many minutes per game as DRob.

Well I see nothing is going to change for you Whott, Nazr still can't carry Malik's lofty jock, in your opinion.

Three weeks ago you were bitching that the trade cost us home court, we took care of that with 3 straight at Phoenix, now you're down to saying Malik's stats, though worse, were better than Rose's just because he came off the pine?

Lame, just admit Nazr is a substantial upgrade to what Malik gave us.

Fuck, we got our starting center for the remainder of the Tim Duncan era and you're holding out this half ass dipshit pipe dream that the 10th guy on the bench who never met a pass he didn't shoot is better.

:lmao

Guru of Nothing
06-10-2005, 10:06 PM
Regarding Malik Rose ....

http://image.pathfinder.com/ew/features/001222/bestof2000/img/brother.jpg
I'm with you fellers.

angel_luv
06-10-2005, 11:04 PM

Very well said.

P.S. I still love ya, Malik!

san antonio spurs
06-10-2005, 11:08 PM
is this thread about malik love? cuz i think we all still love him and won't stop
is this thread about nazr bringing more to the table than leek??? cuz that's a fact and we all see it.
do you think it's hard to love malik and appreciate nazr's job???
maybe I'm too stupid
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

SequSpur
06-10-2005, 11:11 PM
Malik is a Knick. Fuck him.

whottt
06-10-2005, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=Aggie Hoopsfan]Yeah, and to quote Buck Harvey Rose was getting as many minutes per game as DRob.

Well I see nothing is going to change for you Whott, Nazr still can't carry Malik's lofty jock, in your opinion.[quote]

The trade was a sucess...

That doesn't change the fact that:

Malik wasn't garbage.

He doesn't deserve the hate. Period. At all. In any way shape or form.

It was a gamble to pull that trade off and it looked like anything but an even trade when Nazr was on the bench. It looked like a project that wouldn't pay dividends until the next season...and even you were conceding that point at the time.

The injuries to Duncan and Rasho changed everything...but what you fail to admit is that Nazr never showed jack shit except suck when he was on the bench...he was worse than Malik was on his worst day...and if not for being forced to give him minutes due to injury he might be a huge liablity.

But what happened was that the trade did work out...we overcame the loss of HCA and Nazr is giving us the thing we expected him to give us this season rather than next...and all is well...

And there's been virtually zero Nazr criticism and much praise for the job he has done...

Have you seen the so called Rose lovers ripping Nazr?

Even those that were against the trade have been praising Nazr...

So why then are you motherfuckers still hating on Malik in ignorance?

What is that you hope to accomplish by ripping a guy that wanted to wear the Silver and Black as much as anyone who ever played for this franchise?

To prove what aholes you are?

Vashner
06-10-2005, 11:48 PM
All your bitching and crying about Malik being traded was stupid, without Nazr in the middle we would have major problems.

You STFU bandwagoner.....

Nothing wrong with being Malik Rose fan. He has the rings YOU DON'T have a ring (unless this is Shaq trolling the forum).

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2005, 12:07 AM
but what you fail to admit is that Nazr never showed jack shit except suck when he was on the bench.

Who gives a flying fuck about how Nazr was dealing with a leg injury and a new team two months ago.

Do you realize what a dumbass you look like when you rail about two months ago? What matters is what he is giving us when it matters (in the playoffs). And where that is concerned, he's doing things and making contributions that Malik couldn't even think about doing.

I am not trying to hate on Malik, that's over with and in the past, which is coincidentally (between your Malik mancrush and your whining about Nazr's play in March 2005) where you seem to be living.

It blows my mind that you are so hellbent on trashing Nazr for his play two months ago and yet come up with an excuse a minute for Brent Barry. Show some consistency man, damn.

whottt
06-11-2005, 12:12 AM
What an Aggie you are...look who started this thread...look at it's title...now tell me who the fuck can't let it go? Did I start this thread? No...who did? Who started the thread? Was it me? Or was it a Malik hater?

And I am not trashing Nazr...this tool and you...are acting like Malik never played like Nazr has been playing...it's a false statement, he's played better...a lot better ...I pointed it out...you call it hate...I call it the truth...if can't handle it then don't bring it up.

I am not ripping Nazr...I am very very happy with his play...the question is...why do you and your ilk feel compelled to keep hating on Malik?

And if you really want it let go..then rip the Rose hater that started this thread...he's the one that couldn't let it go.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Psst, no one forced you to respond.

I'm not acting like Malik never played some good ball. I'm acting like someone who feels we made a significant upgrade by getting Nazr over what we had with Rose.

Who gives a shit what Rose did a couple of years ago? His game was deteriorating all around, and was on an inversely proportional decline relative to his salary.

Everyone like you seems to want to hang on '99 and shit. This isn't '99, it's 2005. And here and now, and for the rest of the Tim Duncan era, Nazr >>>> Rose, no matter who is playing where.

T Park
06-11-2005, 01:42 AM
but but but

Rose had a great game Vs the Raptors in 02!!!!

stretch stretch reach reach

duncan_21
06-11-2005, 02:01 AM
Malik was good in 03. When he got his contract, I was like wtf?! How did this guy get 8 mil per year. At best he deserved 5 mil/year and that's stretching it. He really ran into trouble last season when he thought that 8 mil meant he had to score.

One of the downfalls last year was that the spurs didn't have another active body at 6-9 or taller that could block shots and score at times in the post. Rasho hasn't really done that great of a job. Nazr has filled that brilliantly this year. Rose will never fill that role because he's closer to 6-5 and will never be a good post defender or shot blocker.

I saw nazr play a game last year and thought damn, it would be nice if we got a player like that and could find some dope stupid enough to take malik's contract. Well, damn ask and you receive.

I liked maliks hustle up to the 03 finals. After that he stopped playing d and got caught up with his awful offense and let all the shots he was missing get to him. A play that sticks in my mind was when he missed a 15 footer then was pissed at himself while the guy he matched up with ran down the other end and scored. That was the beginning of the end for malik, and thank god.

bigzak25
06-11-2005, 02:11 AM

i thought the Spurs were a family? you guys don't think it's killing him to see his brothers on the court winning a championship...

hey life's a bitch and he has to buck up and move on no doubt, but to say Fuck Malik, or to say a good reason why he should not be at the game is because he's not a spur anymore (tpark) is 100% bandwagon behavior and proof positive that you guys think of the players as simple pieces of meat...sad really.

I ain't suckin the guy off, but i won't turn my back on being a malik fan either..

i could understand the nfl...the player turnover rate is crazy there...but malik had been a spur for years...you guys make me sick.

If Rasho were a man, malik would still be here. (sorry rash fans)

Nazr HAD to be brought in.

weebo
06-11-2005, 03:40 AM
If you want to blame anyone for getting Malik traded, blame Rasho. That dude really sucks balls. If it weren't for ineffectiveness, the Spurs wouldn't have shopped around for another big.

whottt
06-11-2005, 07:01 AM
Psst, no one forced you to respond.

I'm not acting like Malik never played some good ball. I'm acting like someone who feels we made a significant upgrade by getting Nazr over what we had with Rose.

Prove it...

Who gives a shit what Rose did a couple of years ago? His game was deteriorating all around, and was on an inversely proportional decline relative to his salary.

The only thing that declined was his PT.

Everyone like you seems to want to hang on '99 and shit. This isn't '99, it's 2005. And here and now, and for the rest of the Tim Duncan era, Nazr >>>> Rose, no matter who is playing where.

That remains to be seen...it remains to be seen that Nazr is going to be here beyond next season...if he wants to get $$$$ it's not going to be that easy to keep him...

And if you think Malik was overpaid...if Nazr tests the market he will be pull in a huge contract that will far exceed his worth, like every other bigman in the NBA not named Duncan or Garnett. He's got an eye candy game and eye candy stats...He's probably going to get offered close to max dollars...I gurantee you his agent is going to tell him to test the market and hold out for big $$.

But the point is...I am not the one dwelling on the past...you are, your little buddy thread starter is...you are trying to kick a man when he is down...and for absolutely no reason. And if you are gonna act like Malik wasn't even in Nazr's league you are going to get proven wrong. Hater.

And I don't "hate" Nazr...in fact I haven't criticized him ever(other than his J)...and I haven't criticized the trade in a loooooong time...

You OTOH still rip Malik every chance you get...takes balls to say I am the one that can't let it go...

cmc$purs
06-11-2005, 07:05 AM
The trade was good for the team ,and i 've liked malik for his energy & hard play for years , but when he signed the big money deal a few years back i did not think he would finish deal out ...
I think most spurs fans were bummed out when the deal went down :depressed it felt like a big brother got traded to the family on the other side of town , you gotta miss his stupid tv spots :spin :lol :elephant
That said as it looks right now ,POP & RC were right again ...
Nazr had a tough deal coming here trying to replace a fan fave in malik!!!
He has handled it with class ,he works his butt off on the glass both ends & as he keeps getting more comfortable with the system he,s only gonna get better , & he ,s 4-5 inches taller ,longer,& cheaper in the long run & the TEAM has to do whats best in long run,hell let the knicks pay the contract :lol ,who knows he might be back ,like a certain SEAN ELLIOT !!! :elephant

MALIK WILL ALWAYS BE SPUR AT HEART & IN THE HEARTS OF MANY IN SA :king

GO SPURS GO GO NAZR GO
Well i'm going to get a philly cheese steak ,all this MALIK talk ,i'm hungry now
:elephant

Ginofan
06-11-2005, 07:28 AM

:lol :lol :lol

Seriously, how can anyone not find Sequ hillarious?

Brodels
06-11-2005, 07:46 AM
That remains to be seen...it remains to be seen that Nazr is going to be here beyond next season...if he wants to get $$$$ it's not going to be that easy to keep him...

Yeah, but if helps the Spurs win a title this season and has a decent year next year, it's still worth it even if he leaves. I'll take a season and a half of Nazr in exchange for Malik any day.

It's worth it because Nazr actually plays and contributes. While I find it hard to believe that Malik would have had the presense under the basket that Nazr has brought, I know it's certainly possible that Rose could have contributed more if Pop had given him minutes. Still, he could have done more to earn them.

But the point is this: it really doesn't matter if Malik would have contributed with more playing time. Pop simply wasn't going to play him big minutes. If for no other reason, the trade was a good one because of that. I recognize what Malik has meant to the franchise, but I also understand that it turned out to be a great trade. You can't admit that people like me really aren't Malik haters.

And if you think Malik was overpaid...if Nazr tests the market he will be pull in a huge contract that will far exceed his worth, like every other bigman in the NBA not named Duncan or Garnett. He's got an eye candy game and eye candy stats...He's probably going to get offered close to max dollars...

Close to max dollars? Now I know that you don't know what you're talking about.

whottt
06-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Brodels...I've had just about enough of your shit...You are the Vince Carter of fucking posters...it looks good and it sounds good...but it's really shit...

Next season I am gonna do battle blogs and I am going to take great pleasure in whipping your ass for the entire season. You just be ready for it.
Once I figure out how to get my word count down...You're gonna wish you had never heard of the word.

Yeah, but if helps the Spurs win a title this season and has a decent year next year, it's still worth it even if he leaves. I'll take a season and a half of Nazr in exchange for Malik any day.

It's worth it because Nazr actually plays and contributes. While I find it hard to believe that Malik would have had the presense under the basket that Nazr has brought, I know it's certainly possible that Rose could have contributed more if Pop had given him minutes. Still, he could have done more to earn them.

But the point is this: it really doesn't matter if Malik would have contributed with more playing time. Pop simply wasn't going to play him big minutes. If for no other reason, the trade was a good one because of that. I recognize what Malik has meant to the franchise, but I also understand that it turned out to be a great trade. You can't admit that people like me really aren't Malik haters.

Malik wouldn't have had the presence under the basket...but he's faster, he can rebound just as well...and he's got a good J contrary to what most people on the forum think...

And when Malik is on...he's capable putting up Duncan like numbers for a game, in the playoffs, off the bench...he's done it before and from many of the same spots on the court.

Close to max dollars? Now I know that you don't know what you're talking about.

Have you been watching Nazr play?

Do you see the kinda of contracts C's get? Look at the contract LaFrentz is on from 3 years ago...

Rasho took a pay cut to come here....

Look at what Memhet Okur got for being a back up on a high profile team...

If we win the title Nazr is going to be able to say he's started against Ben Wallace and won a championship...he's bigger than Wallace and he is a master glassman...on top of that he's blocking shots...he can keep this up against Wallace if he wants...thanks to Duncan.

Do you see the offensive reounding?

His game is total eye candy...he looks fucking good, his numbers look good.

Every GM in the NBA right now that has a guard oriented team with no rebounding is watching Nazr and getting a hardon...

They are picturing Nazr cleaning up after their guards and being a tough intimidating presence in the paint capable of holding his own against Ben Wallace...and he's also got a rep for being able to do a better than average job against Shaq...

Every GM in the NBA, that doesn't have " the man" inside for their team, is looking at Nazr and thinking he could be that man for them...

He can't...but he damn sure looks like he could...he's going to be able to say he started for an NBA finalist at worst and champion at best...

He's gonna have a lot of leverage, his agent is going to tell him to get it now because it's the last chance he's going to have to get it all..

If he wants to get paid he is going to get paid...a lot....unless he just totally sucks next year...and his game is so simple I wouldn't count on it happening.

It could still work out...the Spurs will be able to do a S&T with him if they want...I think he's got major trade value. I am just saying that it's not a given at all that Nazr is going to be a Spur for the rest of Duncan's prime as Aggie was homering on about.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Once I figure out how to get my word count down :lol

Time will tell is Nazr joins the club of players who took less to become/remain Spurs. It's pretty astounding when you think about how many did just that -- can't be out of the realm of possibility with Nazr.

Jimcs50
06-11-2005, 10:08 AM

Where are those idiots.

I never read anyone saying that Nazr should be left off the roster...you are delusional as always.

The only debate on the roster was Brown vs Marks.

Both sides had merit, and it looks like it did not matter anyway.

PaulTiberius
06-11-2005, 10:17 AM

Hmm... let's see. So if Pop had actually gotten Chris Webber a few years ago and Big Dave had decided it was one insult too many ... would you be saying, "David is a Knick. Fuck him"???

I hate fans like you. Love the team and cheer for anything that makes it a better one. But you have to love the players too.

Brodels
06-11-2005, 10:30 AM
I never read anyone saying that Nazr should be left off the roster...you are delusional as always.

The only debate on the roster was Brown vs Marks.

Both sides had merit, and it looks like it did not matter anyway.

There was a battle blog and a thread about it. Manny and other argued that Nazr shouldn't be on the playoff roster.

Jimcs50
06-11-2005, 10:35 AM
There was a battle blog and a thread about it. Manny and other argued that Nazr shouldn't be on the playoff roster.

Well, if that is true, they are idiots.

Brodels
06-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Brodels...I've had just about enough of your shit...You are the Vince Carter of fucking posters...it looks good and it sounds good...but it's really shit...

Um, thanks.

Next season I am gonna do battle blogs and I am going to take great pleasure in whipping your ass for the entire season. You just be ready for it.

I'm ready. There is still time left in the current season, you know. Also know that I've got a losing record, so beating me isn't all that difficult.

But if you're up for it, bring it on. I'll check back tonight.

Once I figure out how to get my word count down...You're gonna wish you had never heard of the word.

:lol Word count down? That'll be the day...

Malik wouldn't have had the presence under the basket...but he's faster, he can rebound just as well...and he's got a good J contrary to what most people on the forum think...

Horry can do everything Malik can do only better. That's why the Spurs don't need a jump shooting big man in addition to Tim and Robert. Nazr gives the Spurs options. Pop can go bit with Tim and Nazr at the end of games or he can go smaller with Tim and Rob. Considering that he didn't trust Malik or Rasho to get big minutes at the end of most close games, I'd say that the trade was a success simply because Pop has options now.

And Nazr's ability to get offensive rebounds and play good interior defense (in part because he's not undersized) is more valuable to this team than Malik's speed and ability to make one out of every three jump shots. Look at the results. Nazr fits this team perfectly. Rose has his strengths, too. But they don't match what the Spurs need right now.

And when Malik is on...he's capable putting up Duncan like numbers for a game, in the playoffs, off the bench...he's done it before and from many of the same spots on the court.

He could be Jordan and it wouldn't matter. If Pop wasn't going to use him, who cares? He's capable of putting up Duncan numbers very occassionally in the playoffs. He's also capable of turning the ball over a ton. Nazr was advertised as being relatively inconsistent, but I think he's done a good job in that regard. Again, I'll take Nazr's relative consistency over Malik's very occassional Duncan-type game that he wasn't ever going to have anyway in this year's playoffs because Pop would have left him on the bench.

Have you been watching Nazr play?

You hated this trade from the beginning. Now you're still all pissed off about Malik being traded yet you admit that Nazr has been playing very well. That's funny.

Do you see the kinda of contracts C's get? Look at the contract LaFrentz is on from 3 years ago...

Yes. Good centers make good money. Average or slightly above average centers do not typically make close to max dollars. Raef showed some serious promise and put up numbers that Nazr could only dream of before he signed that contract. He's turned out to be overpaid, but he was getting the job done before he signed that contract.

Rasho took a pay cut to come here....

A slight paycut, yes. And Rasho at the time he signed that contract was projected to do what Nazr is doing now. And Rasho isn't making close to the max. And Minny didn't offer him close to the max.

Look at what Memhet Okur got for being a back up on a high profile team...

Okur's season last year was pretty comparable to what Nazr did this season and what Nazr's doing in the playoffs, at least statistically. Okur is making $7.5 million, and that isn't 'almost the max.' In fact, it's not that much more than half of the max.

If we win the title Nazr is going to be able to say he's started against Ben Wallace and won a championship...he's bigger than Wallace and he is a master glassman...on top of that he's blocking shots...he can keep this up against Wallace if he wants...thanks to Duncan.

This playoff series isn't going to determine what he'll get paid in the future. How he plays next season will determine how much he gets paid. Sure, he could get a little bit of a bump for becoming a known playoff performer, but how he does next year will matter a whole lot more.

Do you see the offensive reounding?

Yes. That's probably the thing I love the most about his game, and it's one of the few things I didn't like about Malik's game.

Every GM in the NBA right now that has a guard oriented team with no rebounding is watching Nazr and getting a hardon...

True. But only four NBA centers currently make the max or 'close' to the max, and that's counting Antonio Davis, who really isn't a center.. For the purposes of this discussion, I'm considering 'close to the max' to be $10 milliion per season, and I think even that is a liberal definition. For comparison, Duncan made about $14.2 million last season. The max varies depending on years of service, but Nazr's max wouldn't be too much less than that. If you raise the 'almost the max' threshold to $12 million, only Shaq, Big Z, and Antonio Davis made that figure or a greater figure.

That's why I don't think Nazr will be getting 'close' to the max. But if you think he's a top-three NBA center, I'll understand.

They are picturing Nazr cleaning up after their guards and being a tough intimidating presence in the paint capable of holding his own against Ben Wallace...and he's also got a rep for being able to do a better than average job against Shaq...

Every GM in the NBA, that doesn't have " the man" inside for their team, is looking at Nazr and thinking he could be that man for them...

He can't...but he damn sure looks like he could...he's going to be able to say he started for an NBA finalist at worst and champion at best...

He's gonna have a lot of leverage, his agent is going to tell him to get it now because it's the last chance he's going to have to get it all..

I don't disagree with all of that, but 'almost the max' is still at bit of a stretch for the reasons I outlined above.

It could still work out...the Spurs will be able to do a S&T with him if they want...I think he's got major trade value. I am just saying that it's not a given at all that Nazr is going to be a Spur for the rest of Duncan's prime as Aggie was homering on about.

I agree with you there. I think there's a good chance he'll leave because the Spurs won't want to pay him even Rasho-type money. Unless, of course, they can move Rasho. And I'll I'm saying is that I'm O.K. with that. If Nazr helps them win a title and continues to play at a high level next season, the Malik trade will still have been a great one. Two playoff runs with Nazr is worth it. And if he leaves, you have to remember that he as acquired for a bench player that Pop didn't like to play. With Rasho being a capable NBA center and the possiblity to Scola coming over, it wouldn't be the end of the world if Nazr left. But it would be better if they could keep him.

whottt
06-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Bwhahahah this thread needs to be moved to the classics instantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are those idiots.

Quote from the original Nazr VS Marks thread(started by me):

Id IR him

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12683&page=7&pp=26&highlight=Nazr+playoff+roster

I should point out that JimCS50 wanted him IR'ed in that thread(during hte worst of his slump pretty much everyone, including the Spurs brass, was considering it)...but Jim is being facetious now...TPark isn't.

whottt
06-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Horry can do everything Malik can do only better.

He can't rebound as well and he can't spell anyone on Shaq...Go back and watch last years playoffs...Pop making Horry guard Shaq was cruel and unsual punishment to Horry...and us.

I have never seen anyone look as bad on Shaq as Robert Horry did last year...it was awful.

And it was definitely a mistake to do it for the entire series...Malik could have helped on Shaq and Malone...

Malik will take it to the hole against a Sherman Tank...and he'll get to the line on it better than people realize...

No Malik could have definitely made a difference against LA...he always did before. Signing Horry didn't change that.

r's ability to get offensive rebounds and play good interior defense (in part because he's not undersized) is more valuable to this team than Malik's speed and ability to make one out of every three jump shots. Look at the results. Nazr fits this team perfectly. Rose has his strengths, too. But they don't match what the Spurs need right now.

Nazr didn't match this team when he got here...and if not for injuries that no one foresaw he never would have this season.

d be Jordan and it wouldn't matter. If Pop wasn't going to use him, who cares? He's capable of putting up Duncan numbers very occassionally in the playoffs. He's also capable of turning the ball over a ton. Nazr was advertised as being relatively inconsistent, but I think he's done a good job in that regard. Again, I'll take Nazr's relative consistency over Malik's very occassional Duncan-type game that he wasn't ever going to have anyway in this year's playoffs because Pop would have left him on the bench.

Bench players are always inconsistent...

ed this trade from the beginning. Now you're still all pissed off about Malik being traded yet you admit that Nazr has been playing very well. That's funny.

I never said I didn't like Nazr or didn't think he could help the team........next season.

I hated that trade being done this season in the middle of a title run...and people forget just how badly Nazr was playing before he got forced into the starting lineup due to Duncan and Rasho being injured.

season last year was pretty comparable to what Nazr did this season and what Nazr's doing in the playoffs, at least statistically. Okur is making $7.5 million, and that isn't 'almost the max.' In fact, it's not that much more than half of the max.

Okur doesn't have Nazr's inside game or toughness or traditional centers game...he also was a backup.

I don't think you realize the kind of credility that is given to a player that coveted by the Spurs...

For instance...there's a thread over at LakerGround.net where they are discussing a trade for Rasho.

ayoff series isn't going to determine what he'll get paid in the future. How he plays next season will determine how much he gets paid. Sure, he could get a little bit of a bump for becoming a known playoff performer, but how he does next year will matter a whole lot more.

I agree...and I think he's going to do well next season...I always thought that...even in the depths of Nazr sucking...even when I hated the trade.

But only four NBA centers currently make the max or 'close' to the max, and that's counting Antonio Davis, who really isn't a center.. For the purposes of this discussion, I'm considering 'close to the max' to be $10 milliion per season, and I think even that is a liberal definition. For comparison, Duncan made about $14.2 million last season. The max varies depending on years of service, but Nazr's max wouldn't be too much less than that. If you raise the 'almost the max' threshold to $12 million, only Shaq, Big Z, and Antonio Davis made that figure or a greater figure.

That's why I don't think Nazr will be getting 'close' to the max. But if you think he's a top-three NBA center, I'll understand.

I think he can get a 10 million dollar a year offer and I agree with your definition of close to the max completely...

I don't think he's a top 3 C in the NBA...but I think his game looks so fucking awesome when he doesn't have to carry the load or score outside of garbage...the potential is just too much to pass up...

Nazr has the talent to be a top 3 or at least a top 3 in the WC if you ask me...

....he just doesn't have the mindset for it...he's a dominant role player...not a dominant player.

Actually I think Rasho could pull it off too...both of them are talented Centers but they don't have the mindset for it...Rasho is passive that's why will never do it...Nazr isn't passive he's agressive but he can't handle it either.

But Nazr agressivness is going to look good along with his numbers...some team is going to be willing take a chance on him and pay him a lot hoping that he's turned the corner and can be the center piece big for a guard oriented team. I think he will be able to get 10 mil per after next season if that's he wants.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Nazr didn't match this team when he got here...and if not for injuries that no one foresaw he never would have this season.

Barry didn't either, you're still on his jock.

The reason you come off looking like a fool in this discussion is because you're still playing the "what if" game and going back to when Nazr was trying to adjust to a new system, new team, new coaches, new city, bad hammy, new home.

Who cares if injuries created the opportunity for Nazr to greatly improve his game? I sure as hell don't.

The fact of the matter is Nazr is bringing it, when all the haters like yourself were saying he was going to cost us a title because we lost home court, that he couldn't score a bucket to save his life, that he had no post up game (sure didn't have a problem working Ben Wallace over in the post), that he had bad hands (that was my particular favorite, you citing some dumb NY bulletin board people who hadn't seen good ball in the last 6 years), etc.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 11:42 AM
To be fair, TPark wanted Nazr IRed to fully heal his groin.

I don't see how that offsets 8 pages of Marks instead of Nazr on the playoff roster.

Spurgal
06-11-2005, 11:48 AM
This thread Is so stupid just like the fuck head who started It!

Anyway, I have been a huge Malik fan for quite some time and I love my SPURS. At first It kind of sucked to see that Malik was traded but I got over It because we need to concentrate on what's best for the whole team not just for one guy. Sorry to say but the trade was for the best!
Nazr Is doing great with the Spurs and I'm sure Malik Is happy where he Is now.

Willinsa
06-11-2005, 11:48 AM
He can't rebound as well and he can't spell anyone on Shaq...Go back and watch last years playoffs...Pop making Horry guard Shaq was cruel and unsual punishment to Horry...and us.

I have never seen anyone look as bad on Shaq as Robert Horry did last year...it was awful.

And it was definitely a mistake to do it for the entire series...Malik could have helped on Shaq and Malone...

Malik will take it to the hole against a Sherman Tank...and he'll get to the line on it better than people realize...

No Malik could have definitely made a difference against LA...he always did before. Signing Horry didn't change that.

Man comapring Horry to Malik is a freaking joke, last time I checked I think Horry had 5 rings and Mailik had 2. I have NEVER seen Malik hit a game winning shot EVER, now if you were a coach and would rather have Malik than Horry something is wrong with you.

True Horry on Shaq was not a good idea, and yes maybe Rose would have done better. But saying that Malik drives to the basket aganist a sherman tank?? he will get rejected before he gets a shot off. As for Horry he helps
so much on offense more than Malik can.

Believe me if I was a coach and I was forced to have Malik on my team I would keep him off the playoff roster or make him my last guy off the bench.

He just got lazy after a big contract.

whottt
06-11-2005, 11:58 AM
To be fair, TPark wanted Nazr IRed to fully heal his groin.

I don't see how that offsets 8 pages of Marks instead of Nazr on the playoff roster.

To be fair...the entire thread was based on his injury and the unlikley hood that he would be able to get into the rotation that late in the season, and therefore he would be a huge liability...

To be fair it took TPark 8 pages to get the point I was making on the very first freaking page.

He's just as much of an idiot anyone else was at that point...

To be fair...that thread was before Rasho got injured and Nazr was forced to get minutes, to be fair, at that point Brent Barry was getting minutes at PF rather than Nazr being put on the court...that's how bad he was.

And to be fair...Marks was outplaying Nazr.

If I had seen one of you tools correctly predict Duncan and Rasho would get injured and the Spurs would have their balls put in a vice to play Nazr...you might be able to claim scoreboard.

But that wasn't what you guys were doing...what you guys were doing was just plain stupid.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 12:04 PM
You asked who should be on the playoff roster.

We chose Nazr.

What's stupid about that?

You chose Marks.

whottt
06-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Barry didn't either, you're still on his jock.

And if we had traded Jack away for Brent Barry in the middle of the best season in Spurs history and when we were a game out of the best record in the NBA, I would have ripped the Spurs for doing that too...

The reason you come off looking like a fool in this discussion is because you're still playing the "what if" game and going back to when Nazr was trying to adjust to a new system, new team, new coaches, new city, bad hammy, new home.

No, I am not doing that...did I start this thread? Go find the last time I started a thread about it...I am responding to someone stuck in the past and pissing the truth on your little hate fest.

Go do it...back it up...

What I am doing here is destroying the Malik haters trying to rewrite history and act like he was piece of shit and not a key piece to two championships.

If you can't see that...it's because you are a fucking Aggie and I can't help it.

Who cares if injuries created the opportunity for Nazr to greatly improve his game? I sure as hell don't.

I do...I am glad we had the injuries now...we'd have been royally fucked if we hadn't.

The fact of the matter is Nazr is bringing it, when all the haters like yourself were saying he was going to cost us a title because we lost home court, that he couldn't score a bucket to save his life, that he had no post up game (sure didn't have a problem working Ben Wallace over in the post),

Why are you dwelling on 3 months ago Aggie? Could you kick your own any worse?

that he had bad hands (that was my particular favorite, you citing some dumb NY bulletin board people who hadn't seen good ball in the last 6 years), etc.

He does have bad hands...he doesn't have a fucking jump shot...and I am still not comfortable with him doing anything on offense other than dunking....

You need to get out of the past Aggie and stop dwelling on what was said three months ago...

You go find a thread started by the Rose Lovers...bitching about this trade...you'll have go back a long time...

On the flipside...this very thread is clear proof that the Malik haters haven't let it go...Read it from the beginning again..and see who started brining up the past...

And if you are gonna fucking do it...I am gonna fucking do it.

whottt
06-11-2005, 12:13 PM
You asked who should be on the playoff roster.

We chose Nazr.

Yes you did...and if he'd been playing like he was now it would have been a smart thing to do...

What's stupid about that?

Because he was the worst player on the team at that time. And he was injured and he wasn't going to get any substantial PTfor the rest of the season at that time...He damn sure wasn't going to start.

You chose Marks.

And if the playoff roster had been set at that time I would have been stupid in hindsight...unfortunately for you by the time the playoff roster was set I no longer felt that way because Nazr no longer sucked and was no longer being outplayed by Marks...it's amazing how that works isn't it?

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Yeah, your hindsight is amazingly accurate.

Your complete lack of faith in Nazr's ability to improve is well documented. You didn't think Barry could do any better when he sucked as well. At least you are consistent.

T Park
06-11-2005, 12:32 PM
99% of his bullshit IS hindsight.

His continued dicksucking and BSing about Brent Barry shows his intelligence level.

PaulTiberius
06-11-2005, 12:32 PM
The combination of Nazr, Horry and Rasho is what Pop needs now. The combination of Malik, Horry and Rasho didn't allow either Malik or Horry to get in a solid rotation. So I love Malik, but as it's turned out, the trade was the right thing to do.

Would a Rasho-for-Nazr trade have worked better? With Nazr stealing the starting job and Malik ready to come off the bench for impact minutes instead of Rasho? I think you can make that case.

We're in good shape now, and Whott is making a great case that Malik was an important part of both Championships.

So, looking to the future, as Horry gets older and Rasho continues to be weak on the offensive put-backs:

Would you rather have a Nazr, Horry (getting old) and Rasho (no put-backs) combination in the rotation?

Or would you rather have a Nazr, Malik (bargain buy, occasional difference maker) and Horry combination?

It really wouldn't be an option until about two years from now when Malik's opt-out clause kicks in.

Brodels
06-11-2005, 12:50 PM
The combination of Nazr, Horry and Rasho is what Pop needs now. The combination of Malik, Horry and Rasho didn't allow either Malik or Horry to get in a solid rotation. So I love Malik, but as it's turned out, the trade was the right thing to do.

Would a Rasho-for-Nazr trade have worked better? With Nazr stealing the starting job and Malik ready to come off the bench for impact minutes instead of Rasho? I think you can make that case.

We're in good shape now, and Whott is making a great case that Malik was an important part of both Championships.

So, looking to the future, as Horry gets older and Rasho continues to be weak on the offensive put-backs:

Would you rather have a Nazr, Horry (getting old) and Rasho (no put-backs) combination in the rotation?

Or would you rather have a Nazr, Malik (bargain buy, occasional difference maker) and Horry combination?

It really wouldn't be an option until about two years from now when Malik's opt-out clause kicks in.

I'd rather have the first combination. If Duncan is going to play power forward, it's going to be much more advantageous to have two capable centers instead of one capable center and three power forwards.

What do I prefer? Duncan, Nazr, Horry, Rasho, and Scola. Don't forget about Luis. There is a good chance he'll be on the team next year.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 12:54 PM
It really wouldn't be an option until about two years from now when Malik's opt-out clause kicks in.Even if there is such a clause, you'll have a tough time convincing me Malik would opt out. There are about 14 million reasons why he wouldn't.

ballhog
06-11-2005, 12:58 PM
That is the truth......he just about wrecked the CBA and he'll do the same with the K-nicks. God bless him for that. :smokin

whottt
06-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Yeah, your hindsight is amazingly accurate.

But not as impressive as your foresight...You were saying it wouldn't really matter whow as getting minutes behind Duncan, Horry and Rasho...

Go fuck yourself. Don't you even act like you saw it coming...You wanted an injured and shitty player kept on the roster...that's what you wanted.

Your complete lack of faith in Nazr's ability to improve is well documented.

Watching Nazr drop behind Mike Wilks in the C rotation will do that to me...

Too bad Rasho and Duncan didn't get injured when Malik was here...maybe then the board wouldn't be so stupid...

[You didn't think Barry could do any better when he sucked as well. At least you are consistent.

Wrong...I knew what Barry could and can still do...I wasn't the one calling him a gutless pussy after he hit game winning shots or saying he was afraid to shoot after he lead the team in 3PA's off the bench and took more than any bench player has in 7 years...

I also wasn't and am still not, the fucking tool that thinks teams are willingly leaving the 17th best 3 shooter in NBA history open 15 times a game.

Just shut the fuck up...this is typical of you.

SequSpur
06-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Tpark in the post is better than Malik and Rasho.

WTF?

This topic is stupid.

whottt
06-11-2005, 01:27 PM
99% of his bullshit IS hindsight.

His continued dicksucking and BSing about Brent Barry shows his intelligence level.

I'd IR him

LMAO...calling your ownself out makes you a dumbass of rare caliber. Never question the intelligence of anyone else...not even a vegetable.

T Park
06-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Id have IRed if he wasnt healthy.

He just need PT, and if you looked back at other posts youll see I wrote that too

mr Coyote > Robinson

SequSpur
06-11-2005, 01:33 PM
How does Malik Rose make the front page of topics anyway?

Let it die already.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 01:35 PM
You were saying it wouldn't really matter whow as getting minutes behind Duncan, Horry and Rasho...I did say Horry would trump everyone in the playoffs -- who has palyed the most minutes there? You're right -- I didn't predict the Rasho injury. Shame on me.
You wanted an injured and shitty player kept on the roster...that's what you wanted.I wanted Barry kept on the roster too when he played shitty. Injuries heal, players improve. Anyone could see Nazr was pressing when he was first here -- anyone who wasn't blinded by their impotent rage about trading Malik. You didn't think Nazr could possibly get any better. You were wrong. Now you're trying to say none of this would've happened without the injuries. You can't prove that at all. If you want to discuss alternate timelines, PM pooh.

My prediction was Nazr was going to play better.

I was right.

Scoreboard.

whottt
06-11-2005, 01:37 PM
Id have IRed if he wasnt healthy.

He just need PT, and if you looked back at other posts youll see I wrote that too

mr Coyote > Robinson

Yeah? And that was half the debate. It was mentioned from the first page of the thread.

And that's why you guys were stupid then...and stupid now for bringing it up like you guys called it all the way...

After Rasho went down with Duncan it was a no brainer he was going to make the roster...

SequSpur
06-11-2005, 01:38 PM
It was a nobrainer that they were getting ready to bench Rasho either.

whottt
06-11-2005, 01:50 PM
You didn't think Nazr could possibly get any better.

I said this: This when he was sucking at his absolute worst...

Nazr is definitely more tradeable..but I don't really want to trade him...I just don't think he's going get his act together before this season is over...but he's got potential for next season for sure, no matter what happens this year.

That's what I said...That my so called Nazr hate on display right there...Fuck you.

You were wrong. Now you're trying to say none of this would've happened without the injuries. You can't prove that at all. If you want to discuss alternate timelines, PM pooh.

My prediction was Nazr was going to play better.

I was right.

Scoreboard.

Yeah...nothing says conviction like this:

Marks is shooting a sub-Heal FG% while healthy and knowing the system. i can't say it's a lock he'll do better than Nazr.

Fuck you Chump...

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 01:54 PM
I just don't think he's going get his act together before this season is over.Right. You didn't think he would get any better this season.
Fuck you Chump...Translation: You're right, Chump.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Marks is shooting a sub-Heal FG% while healthy and knowing the system. i can't say it's a lock he'll do better than Nazr.That's a comparison of shooting. I chose Nazr, what more did you want?

Oh, yeah. Injury predictions. You should've mentioned that back then.

whottt
06-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Right. You didn't think he would get any better this season.

Link to where you predicted we'd have to play him due to injury? Keep in mind Duncan was injured when that thread was started...and he still was losing minutes.

Translation: You're right, Chump.

You were stupid at the time...and didn't even have conviction on it...

Tpark..the guy who called everyone out on it said he'd IR him...

And now you guys are acting like Nostradmus...fuck you.

The only one who stayed on Nazr's jock without getting just a little uncomfortable was Aggie....and he did that as much out of visceral Malik hate as anything...and I know for a fact even the Aggie had changed his stance to Nazr being a trade to help next season...

Nazr is playing well...don't act like you predicted he was going to be this good in the playoffs...admit you are just as suprised as anyone he is playing this fucking well this season and starting...

And TPark damn sure don't have any business claiming scoreboard...the motherfucker said he would IR him...

SequSpur
06-11-2005, 02:02 PM
That's seven including the one when we first came in and you asked Mr. Vernon here whether Barry Manilow knew that he raided his closet.

whottt
06-11-2005, 02:06 PM
That's a comparison of shooting. I chose Nazr, what more did you want?

Oh, yeah. Injury predictions. You should've mentioned that back then.

Actually I did...in the thread where the trade was announced I said what if Duncan or Rasho gets injured and we lose HCA because Nazr is fighting an injury and doesn't know the team?

I also argued the point in the Nazr VS Malik for a reason...It was you that was saying it was basically a meaningless roster spot unlikely to have any great impact...I felt it was an important debate because you never know who is going to get injured or get supended for a game...

That debate ended the day Rasho went down...

The reason for the debate was because he was injured and playing badly...and he wasn't likely to get the opportunity to improve...those that questioned his worthiness to be on the playoff roster and the wisdom in doing so were right to do so. Even the Spurs were questioning whether or not to put him on the roster...because he sucked and he was injured.

SequSpur
06-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Uh, excuse me, fellas? I think we should just write our papers.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 02:08 PM
I never said he was going to do this well this soon.

Just that he would do better than he was at that time and should be on the playoff roster.

Why are you so angry about being so obviously wrong?

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 02:10 PM
It was you that was saying it was basically a meaningless roster spot unlikely to have any great impact.Wrong. Don't lie about what I said you piece of shit. I said Horry was going to be more important. He is.

You need to link where I said this was a meaningless spot right now.

Your whole premise is players never improve and injuries never heal.

You're simply wrong and Nazr proved it.

SequSpur
06-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Bender, did you know without Trigonometry there'd be no engineering?

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 02:14 PM
That debate ended the day Rasho went down...Why?

Wouldn't you have preferred to give all Nazr's minutes to Marks at that point since he was so clearly better in your opinion?

Shouldn't Marks be starting now?

Shouldn't Nazr still be injured?

SequSpur
06-11-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm in the math club, the Latin club and the physics club...physics club.

whottt
06-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Screw you Chump, you said it...find the link where you didn't say it.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 02:21 PM
find the link where you didn't say it.Find the link where you didn't say you're a stupid fucktard for asking someone to prove a negative.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Really whottt, what were the predictions?

Mine was Nazr was going to play better than his worst basketball of the season.

Yours was he was not going to play better than his worst baketball of the season AND not get healthy or contribute in anyway until next season.

It's not like a went out on a limb or chose the lotto numbers -- it was a pretty easy prediction to make. I can understand why you are so upset about it. You were too easily owned on that one.

And no, I didn't predict the injuries or Nazr's starting. Never claimed to.

IceColdBrewski
06-11-2005, 02:28 PM
.Mohammed is not going to be anything different than Rasho.

bitemycock
06-11-2005, 02:30 PM

bitemycock
06-11-2005, 02:30 PM
I can see that you clearly suck too much elephant dong!

SequSpur
06-11-2005, 02:31 PM
bitemycock

LMAO. That username is off the hook!

violentkitten
06-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Malik Rose remains the most underappreciated player in Spurs history. Time and time again he stepped up in the postseason at crucial moments.

Nazr "The Prophet" Mohammed's performances excite Spurs fans because they haven't seen a real starting center for the last season and a half.

Damn, forgot to type it in lowercase. Oh well.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 02:39 PM
I haven't mentioned it, but yeah -- the original post in thread is uncalled for.

Don't need to hate one player to like another.

We owe Malik our gratitude.

whottt
06-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Why?

That's fucking easy enough to answer...

Because given the way they played and the fact that Duncan and Rasho may both have not been ready to play by the time the playoffs rolled around the answer was simple...

We were taking both of them.

And I think there was near universal agreement on that...

You want proof? Check the date of the last post in that thread before today...then check the day Rasho got injured.

And if they had both continued playing at that level they both would have been on the playoff roster...

Nazr's emergence as the clear choice in the following days gave the Spurs the luxury of gambling on Devin Brown. And Nazr emerged in the game where Rasho got injured...

Wouldn't you have preferred to give all Nazr's minutes to Marks at that point since he was so clearly better in your opinion?

Fuck it's not like there was a shortage of minutes at that time...

Shouldn't Marks be starting now?

Well the only thing you could argue in Nazr's favor is that he played well with Duncan...how do you know Marks can't? The 5 minutes of PT he's had with him in the last 2 years?

And we weren't looking for a starter at the time either...we were looking for a guy who could produce off the bench...somthing Nazr still hasn't proven he could do...

Shouldn't Nazr still be injured?

I think he still is...he was still injured during the Denver series.

whottt
06-11-2005, 02:48 PM
nothing of value

That comment might have more impact on me if I didn't like Rasho or thought he sucked...

Rasho's still a better defender than Nazr. And that's important to this team.

On top of that Rasho wanted to come here and gave up big $$$ to do so...I don't know why Spurs fans hate on players that do that...they should be kissing their asses.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 02:49 PM
And if they had both continued playing at that level they both would have been on the playoff roster...Says who? You? Do you have a quote from Pop about that one?
Fuck it's not like there was a shortage of minutes at that time...But according to you Marks was so clearly better and Nazr was so clearly injured and not going to get healthy. That goes against everything you predicted.
And we weren't looking for a starter at the time either...we were looking for a guy who could produce off the bench...somthing Nazr still hasn't proven he could do...lol, yet another alternate timeline. I'll look for your book on Amazon.
I think he still is...he was still injured during the Denver series.And how would you say that's affecting him? How much better do you think he could be if fully healthy right now? Doesn't that make your injury argument more of a joke?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2005, 03:58 PM
how do you know Marks can't?

You know when you've lost an argument? When you're trying to legitimize Sean Marks as an NBA starting center. :lol

we were looking for a guy who could produce off the bench...somthing Nazr still hasn't proven he could do...

How do you know WHAT we were looking for. We were looking for any kind of an upgrade to our depth at the PF/C spots, the staff felt Nazr was such an improvement over Rose.

Better yet, we've found our true David Robinson replacement. I don't know why you are wondering about Nazr coming off the bench, because he will start every game he ever plays for the San Antonio Spurs.

This is comical, you should really just shut up. About all you are clinging to now on Nazr are

1. He sucked two months ago when he was hurt and trying to learn the playbook and how to play with his teammates.

2. He hasn't proven he can contribute coming off the bench (when the guy is starting for us, and will be as long as he's a Spur).

Take your medicine and move on, you lost this one a long time ago.

SPARKY
06-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Nazr was an improvement over Rasho.