PDA

View Full Version : dirk calls wade and lebron's pathetic act "childish and ignorant"

mariners
06-11-2011, 12:47 PM
BallinWithBryan (http://twitter.com/#!/BallinWithBryan) Bryan Gutierrez

Dirk on the Wade/James coughing video, "I thought it was a little childish and a little ignorant." Said has never faked an injury, illness

joshdaboss
06-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Cool story.

mariners
06-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Cool story.
your best post yet.

jag
06-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Wade accusing people of faking injuries.

The Franchise
06-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Wade accusing people of faking injuries.

Well, he wasn't faking his shoulder injury. Why would you fake being a pussy?

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Dirk lied.

He deserves this comeuppance.

TampaDude
06-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Dirk lied.

He deserves this comeuppance.

Dirk will be hoisting the :lobt2: on Sunday night. It's a lock.

BlackSwordsMan
06-11-2011, 01:30 PM
So fucking classy.

badfish22
06-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Your Kobe lied as well.

You got no room.

Nick Manning
06-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Dirk will be hoisting the :lobt2: on Sunday night. It's a lock.

Can I book it?

TampaDude
06-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Can I book it?

Absolutely!!! :toast

badfish22
06-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Ask Tim Thomas how it worked out when he pissed off Dirk.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Your Kobe lied as well.

You got no room.

I know.

& I don't mine bearing his crosses in public. Just as long as everybody else follows suit.

& I'll see to that.

BlackSwordsMan
06-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Wear that skunker proud cubby that shit smell aint going no where for a loooong time. Nah uh and you if you try to erase your mind I'll unerase it. Believe it

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 01:39 PM
The Skunker!!!

Axe Murderer
06-11-2011, 01:40 PM
lol @ Wade's explanation on why he did it

:cry First of all, it wasn't fake-coughing, I actually did cough. And with the cameras being right there, we made a joke out of it because we knew you guys were going to blow it up. You did exactly what we knew. :cry

:cry We never said Dirk's name. I think he's not the only one in the world who can get sick or have a cough. We just had fun with the cameras being right in our face about the blow up of the incident, and it held to be true. You blew it up. :cry

JamStone
06-11-2011, 01:42 PM
^ Are those real quotes?

Passing the buck and blaming the media? That's how he chose to handle it? Forreal?

badfish22
06-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Stein easily predicted what Wade said:
You can bet that Wade and James will try to spin this as an episode of misunderstood humor -- another example of how they get no leeway from a voracious and biased national media monster that the Miami Herald's Dan LeBatard brilliantly dubbed an All You Can Heat frenzy -- but they'll deserve every ounce of the flak they get this time. They crossed a line with disrespect so flip and blatant.

Axe Murderer
06-11-2011, 01:44 PM
^ Are those real quotes?

Passing the buck and blaming the media? That's how he chose to handle it? Forreal?

word for word

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/06/dwyane-wade-denies-poking-fun-at-dirks-i.html

this is the same moron that compared the twin towers collapsing to the Heat losing a game

:cry media hates us :cry i dont know why :cry

Nick Manning
06-11-2011, 01:45 PM
^ Are those real quotes?

This. Did he really say that?

Can't blame LeBron for this charade, he was just following Wade's lead, per the usual.

Axe Murderer
06-11-2011, 01:48 PM
We enjoy the bullseye. Plus, there's going to be times when we lose 2-3 games in a row, and it seems like the world has crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade is coming down again, but it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games

badfish22
06-11-2011, 01:48 PM
this is the same moron that compared the twin towers collapsing to the Heat losing a game

:lol forgot about that one

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Wasn't Wade like 20 when he graduated from HS tbh

jag
06-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Wade's such a massive, gaping vagine

JamStone
06-11-2011, 02:02 PM
"We knew the media was going to blow it out of proportion, so in the best interest of scientific research, we did it anyway, proving our hypothesis correct that they would in fact blow it out of proportion."

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be grossed out by reaching down in an unflushed, public restroom toilet and smearing a stranger's shit all over my face, so I'm going to do just that to prove myself correct... yup, I was right.

Red Hawk #21
06-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I can't believe Wade tried to say he was really coughing :lmao :lmao this guy just won't stop :lol

DMC
06-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Wade's been posting here. He knows the move where you say something stupid then pass it off as a troll later on.

jag
06-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Bron would have made a public statement about it, but that nigga is starting to feel really awkward being in front of cameras without a headband.

TJastal
06-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Bron would have made a public statement about it, but that nigga is starting to feel really awkward being in front of cameras without a headband.

:lol

badfish22
06-11-2011, 02:10 PM
:lol wade = lefty

ploto
06-11-2011, 03:31 PM
...And they did it again Saturday, when the media found the time and place to ask James and Wade -- and also Nowitzki, who was understandably put off -- about the video. James and Wade met the media individually, each spending roughly 10 minutes in front of cameras. Wade was asked 15 questions. James was asked 11.

Both players coughed while listening to one question, and only one question. You know which question.

James went even farther. As the question unfolded and he heard the magic words about "a video circulating that's gathering buzz," James sniffed loudly. Then he grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his face. Then he turned and coughed.

You see what's happening, right? James and Wade think they have this inside joke, this secret little gag that nobody else is smart enough to pick up on. Then when the world does pick up on it -- because they're just not that clever -- they get defensive.

After sniffling and covering his face and coughing, James refused to answer the question about mocking Nowitzki.

"I'm not feeding into that," he said. "If you guys want to feed into everything [we] do ... I think that's a non-issue. There's bigger issues in this series than that."

Sure there are. LeBron's shrinkage is one. Wade's latest injury and heroic comeback in Game 5 (has anyone ever been hurt more and recovered faster than this immortal?) is another. The Heat flopping like flounders, begging for bogus foul calls, is another. We could go on and on about the bigger issues in this series, but James and Wade served themselves up on a platter by mocking the best player in this series.

Yet they seem shocked, shocked, that we sit down and have a meal.

Here's what Wade said, when he wasn't coughing up a lung, about mocking Nowitzki:

"First of all," he said, "it wasn't fake coughing. I actually did cough. And with the cameras being right there, we made a joke out of it because we knew you guys were going to blow it up. You did exactly what we knew. We never said Dirk's name. I think he's not the only one in the world who can get sick or have a cough. We just had fun with the cameras being right in our face about the blowup of the incident, and it held to be true. You blew it up."

We never said Dirk's name.

To quote Rick Carlisle in his Game 4 smack-down of a butt-kissing question, "Who is this guy?"

The thing is, James could be a sympathetic figure. Lord knows the country bought into that after Game 3, when one brave soul asked him about his poor play in the fourth quarter in the first three games. The country decided the guy asking the question was a jerk, and the country was right. The reporter was a jerk -- it was a legitimate question, but it was phrased unnecessarily confrontationally. After gutting the questioner with a scalpel and a smile, James had public sentiment on his side. He blew it, of course, by validating the question with his indisputable Game 4 shrinkage and then with a Game 5 triple-double of Mini-Me proportions, capped by an invisible fourth quarter.

And now this. Mocking someone on the Mavericks. And listen, there are Mavericks to be mocked, and nobody would mind. Cocky Jason Terry, saying James couldn't guard him for 48 minutes? Kooky DeShawn Stevenson, jabbing James with a stick every chance he gets? Those guys are begging to be mocked, and even the most ardent Mavericks fan would understand. What comes around, goes around.

But mocking Nowitzki? Him? He's the nicest guy on the floor, and he's playing with a torn tendon in a finger, and he played Game 4 with a 101-degree fever. And Nowitzki has downplayed both issues, saying the injury and the illness would have no bearing before the games even began.

When he was asked Saturday about being mocked, Nowitzki also had a physical reaction, though he didn't theatrically cough as James and Wade had. He smiled. Broke into a big ol' grin, just for a second, then swallowed it.

Then he devoured James and Wade in eight words, speaking as he has been scoring. Efficiently. Brutally.

"It was a little childish," Nowitzki said. "A little ignorant."

Childish fits, seeing how James is Peter Pan, living in a make-believe world where sycophants kiss his ass. He never grew up, and maybe never will. Sadly, classy Dwyane Wade hasn't been a good influence on James. Nope. James is dragging Wade down to his level. They're Peter Pan and Tinkerbell.

These are your best players, Miami Heat fans. This is your team. You damn well better like them.

Who else could?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/15223821/wade-lebron-excuse-for-mocking-dirk-worse-than-act-itself

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 03:33 PM
:lol Terry and Stevenson running their mouth is cool but :cry don't be a meanie to nice Dirk.

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 03:34 PM
If one of the Mavs shows up to the shoot-around in a wheelchair w/ a sling on, that would be epic.

ploto
06-11-2011, 03:36 PM
If one of the Mavs shows up to the shoot-around in a wheelchair w/ a sling on, that would be epic.

I think that is how the question was asked of Wade in the first place-- something about how he would feel if one of the Mavs mocked his injury.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Also, since when is being sick an injury?

TJastal
06-11-2011, 03:38 PM

Don't forget the eye patch.

Ace
06-11-2011, 03:42 PM
:lol Terry and Stevenson running their mouth is cool but :cry don't be a meanie to nice Dirk.

What a bunch of can dish but can't take pussies... :lol

badfish22
06-11-2011, 03:44 PM
:lol Lebron adds even further to the ":cry its just the mean media out to get us."

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 03:45 PM
The media is out to get you if you constantly act childish. Like Wade and James do.

badfish22
06-11-2011, 03:45 PM
What a bunch of can dish but can't take pussies... :lol

So Lebron and Wade are on Stevensons and Terrys level?

Plus, at least they backed their shit up :lol

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 03:46 PM
I have no problem with Wade and Bron mocking Dirk...that's just gamesmanship. The denial and deflection of the charade is what makes them look like pussies, tbh.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Again, I wasn't aware that being sick was an injury.

pking
06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I have no problem with Wade and Bron mocking Dirk...that's just gamesmanship. The denial and deflection of the charade is what makes them look like pussies, tbh.

I agree with the second part of this but I don't see how you think that's gamesmanship. It's just being juvenile fucking pricks.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
06-11-2011, 03:52 PM

Terry and Stevenson had the balls to straight up call LeBron out. They didn't go through this passive aggressive attention whoring routine, then cry when the media made news out of it. I'm pretty sure the media called Terry and Stevenson idiots for what they said, but they owned up to their words. They didn't back down from it, and they didn't immediately cry that the media twisted what they said/did.

You're fucking retarded if you don't get this.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 03:53 PM

I hate this hump with a passion, but, he's dead on here.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 03:54 PM
:lol Those yahoo's call everyone out all the time and usually get their shit stuffed. They sure showed Lebron as he dropped a triple double.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
06-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Again, I wasn't aware that being sick was an injury.

it's not, what's your fucking point?

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 03:55 PM
:cry Gumdrop is angry that Dirk was mocked. You just don't mock guys like Dirk. Off limits. He can't defend himself and Lebron and Wade are so damn mean.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
06-11-2011, 03:56 PM
:lol Those yahoo's call everyone out all the time and usually get their shit stuffed. They sure showed Lebron as he dropped a triple double.

On the court they didn't show him anything. I'm talking about the fucking media game. They didn't run their mouth, talk shit, and then cry foul when the media ran with it. They didn't backtrack on what they said, and didn't act like bitches when they were criticized for it.

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 03:57 PM
I agree with the second part of this but I don't see how you think that's gamesmanship. It's just being juvenile fucking pricks.

I see no problem with their words/actions...they're trying to play mind games and get under Dirk's skin. You do what you can to rattle your opponent. Too bad it backfired on them, LeBron played like a pussy, and now they have to eat their crow and they don't like it.

Terry and Stevenson backed up their play. Terry said something to the effect that "Lebron can't guard me all 7 games." Dude was right, he's taken a wet shit on Bron the last 2 games.

If you can back up your words on the court, then all's fair...just don't go crying when the media calls you out on telling jokes, then performing like a joke on the court.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
:cry Gumdrop is angry that Dirk was mocked. You just don't mock guys like Dirk. Off limits. He can't defend himself and Lebron and Wade are so damn mean.

:lmao DPG lashing out now that he's on the verge of losing 500 dollars.

DPG21920
it's not, what's your fucking point?

That people are making it seem like Lebron/Wade were "mocking Dirk's injury". They made fun of the cold not something serious.

The media didn't touch Terry/Stevenson about their comments and make them justify them to everyone's face.

Quit blowing this up into something it isn't when both sides talk shit and then back off.

badfish22

Stevenson shut Lebron down in the 4th yet again, and terry drilled the game winner in his face.

badfish22
06-11-2011, 03:58 PM
The media didn't touch Terry/Stevenson about their comments and make them justify them to everyone's face.

Yes they did.

DPG21920
Stevenson shut Lebron down in the 4th yet again, and terry drilled the game winner in his face.

Uh no. The Mavs were already winning when Terry hit that shot. :lmao at a guy being passive = shut down.

Triple double shut down.

Cuppycake Gumdrop

:lmao all i heard before game 4 was everybody on ESPN/ABC mocking Jason Terry's comment about this series going 7 games.

ernest787
06-11-2011, 03:59 PM
The media and everyone making a big deal out of this is silly.

Should they have done that in front of the cameras.... no.... but was it really a big deal? no

they are in the NBA Finals in a 7 game series, you can bet both teams are making fun of players in the locker room, and if you can lip read calling each other all kinds of names on the court.

They just got caught doing it, and truth be told, everyone DOES want to hate the Heat so it becomes easy to make this into more than it really is.

Personally, I thought the video was kinda funny.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Ya, I'm the one lashing out :lol.

You are so mad that fragile little Dirk got made fun of. It's a huge story!

badfish22
I called that happening.

Me.

DPG21920
Yes they did.

Oh really? They pounded them like Lebron and Wade? Please show the links.

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 04:01 PM
The bottom line is there's no reason to get butthurt over anyone's comments/actions. The game is decided on the court, and only one team is backing up their shit talk so far.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:01 PM
:lmao all i heard before game 4 was everybody on ESPN/ABC mocking Jason Terry's comment about this series going 7 games.

Did you see interviews of Terry/Stevenson like Lebron/Wade? Where their comments were thrown back in their face?

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Bottom line is both teams talk shit and Mav fans are trying to cling to something else to vilify the Heat. They feel the need to play the underdog card and because they hate the Heat, they justify everything their guys do and hate everything the Heat does.

Chief Brody
Why would their comments be thrown back in their face after 2 consecutive wins?

badfish22

The media was going crazy about how you shouldn't poke a sleeping giant, and how Lebron is going to blow up in their face. And they weren't confronted as hard because their bench players not fuckin Lebron James and Dwyane Wade :lol. Stevenson never even meets with the national media.

Ace
06-11-2011, 04:05 PM
So Lebron and Wade are on Stevensons and Terrys level?

Plus, at least they backed their shit up :lol

Wade has been the best player on the floor...

badfish22
Bottom line is both teams talk shit and Mav fans are trying to cling to something else to vilify the Heat. They feel the need to play the underdog card and because they hate the Heat, they justify everything their guys do and hate everything the Heat does.

Yes, only Mav fans are mad about this. Great take.

Giuseppe
Only pussys & assholes need motivation in the fourth session of the playoffs.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:06 PM
On here, you guys are the ones raging :lol

DPG21920
Also implying Wade isn't backing this up is another great take.

Chief Brody
Wade has been the best player on the floor...

Truth...his defense (in the 4th quarter) has also been the best.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:07 PM
The media was going crazy about how you shouldn't poke a sleeping giant, and how Lebron is going to blow up in their face. And they weren't confronted as hard because their bench players not fuckin Lebron James and Dwyane Wade :lol. Stevenson never even meets with the national media.

So then you were lying again, just like about your education level and job. The media didn't throw it back in their faces for whatever reason, but because it's Lebron/Wade making fun of sweet old Dirk, you are :madrun:madrun:madrun

Axe Murderer
06-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Terry and Stevenson had the balls to straight up call LeBron out. They didn't go through this passive aggressive attention whoring routine, then cry when the media made news out of it. I'm pretty sure the media called Terry and Stevenson idiots for what they said, but they owned up to their words. They didn't back down from it, and they didn't immediately cry that the media twisted what they said/did.

You're fucking retarded if you don't get this.

+1000000

i have 0 problem with Wade and LeBron making fun of Dirk. I actually support it because it's not gonna do anything but fire up Dirk even further

But to cry like babies and play the victim card by saying :cry it's all the media's fault :cry they were just gonna twist it, so that's why we did it :cry it becomes an insecure bitch move imho

badfish22
06-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Also implying Wade isn't backing this up is another great take.

:lol I'm glad Ace was here to give you that one. I know how you resort to stealing peoples arguments when your mad.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:10 PM
BadTakes, have you ever considered that life isn't for everyone? Namely, you.

badfish22
06-11-2011, 04:11 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_h0SQqY8ocp4/SmG_sD1akrI/AAAAAAAALIY/ZjkrqpLxTQY/s400/DelarocheNapoleon.jpg

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:12 PM

Uh no. The Mavs were already winning when Terry hit that shot. :lmao at a guy being passive = shut down.

Triple double shut down.

Resorting to lying again :lol

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Only someone who has no job and less of an education than Koriwhat would think posting pictures on the internet is funny.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:23 PM
I have no problem with anyone and I have friends in all walks of life. What isn't ok is for someone with less of an education and job than another person to make fun of that person because he's trying to gain approval from people that don't like him (BadTakes to KW).

Then to lie about it, act smug and then try to be funny while failing at it.

badfish22
06-11-2011, 04:36 PM
The lack of education is their own fault, unless they are financially strapped. kw willingly dropped out of HS. i don't know badfish's story.

:lol I graduated HS and I'm going into my third year at a major university. I just let the little guy make up his own ammo since he has none. It's only fair.

ohmwrecker
06-11-2011, 04:38 PM
This argument is dumber than the one going on upstairs between Chumper and TJ . . . and that one is pretty fucking dumb.

badfish22
06-11-2011, 04:40 PM
badfish how old you be

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Isn't badfish in school tbh

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:41 PM
:lol I graduated HS and I'm going into my third year at a major university. I just let the little guy make up his own ammo since he has none. It's only fair.

Am I lying, or you? I never said you dropped out or that you aren't in college. I said you didn't have a job (you said this and said you couldn't bet because you had no money or confidence) and that KW had more of an education than you even though you make fun of him.
Quit lying just because you are a terrible person and an even worse poster.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Also, :lmao at getting trolled and having to justify yourself in front of everyone.

badfish22
06-11-2011, 04:43 PM
awww wittle DPG is back. Did you cool yourself down? You ready to start telling the truthy?

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:44 PM
That doesn't make any sense, especially when in this thread alone I caught you lying at least twice :lol

badfish22
06-11-2011, 04:45 PM
:lol first he calls me a lier and the when he gets caught lying its "I was just trolling!"

I wasn't going to justify it until someone asked. I let you play yourself out.

Amarelooms
06-11-2011, 04:46 PM
That doesn't make any sense, especially when in this thread alone I caught you lying at least twice :lol

You are a douche bag....shutup dummy

Dirk>>>>any player on your team....you mad huh

:elephant

JamStone
06-11-2011, 04:47 PM

I think this is what makes Wade and LeBron look like utter imbeciles.

You know, ok, so they made a somewhat childish joke. It really isn't that big of a deal. It was stupid, especially in front of cameras, because it only makes them look stupid and if it has any effect, it just acts as fuel and motivation for the Mavs. But the little joke by itself wasn't so bad.

The defense of the joke, particularly by Wade, is what really makes them look just stupid. I can't even think of a better way to describe it. They did it on purpose because they knew the media was going to blow it up? They never said "Dirk" and anyone can have a cold? That's how they try to back track? I would have respected it much more if they just owned up to it and said, "hey, you know what, it was a stupid joke and it was probably inappropriate. Let's just move on." But they justified it by blaming the media. They tried to deny it by saying they didn't say Dirk's name specifically. They look like losers for that.

And this comes off the heels of them basically responding to Stevenson's comments with some shit like, "we won't get into that. We'll just let our game speak for itself." They try to act righteous in their interviews and press conferences. It's all pretentious.

And of course it's going to get blown up more because it's Wade and LeBron. You can't compare it to Stevenson's comments or Terry's comments. Stevenson is a scrub. And Terry isn't in the same stratosphere as Wade or LeBron. When you get the media hype that Wade and LeBron get, when you say or do something stupid, you should get slammed for it. And when you deny and/or defend your stupidity the way they did, you should get slammed even more. They chose this. You reap the glory when you win and play great, then you sit down and eat your shitburger when you do or say something stupid.

They're a couple of clowns.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Jammie, gettin' his sheep on.:rolleyes

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:49 PM
:lol first he calls me a lier and the when he gets caught lying its "I was just trolling!"

I wasn't going to justify it until someone asked. I let you play yourself out.

Link to where I lied.

badfish22
06-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Just scroll up

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:52 PM

Triple double shut down.

Lie #1

That people are making it seem like Lebron/Wade were "mocking Dirk's injury". They made fun of the cold not something serious.

Quit blowing this up into something it isn't when both sides talk shit and then back off.

Yes they did.

So then you were lying again, just like about your education level and job. The media didn't throw it back in their faces for whatever reason, but because it's Lebron/Wade making fun of sweet old Dirk, you are :madrun:madrun:madrun

Lie #2

This was just in this thread :wow

Not to mention lying about Koriwhat's education compared to his own.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Don't see a lie. Sorry. I see where you said you had more of an education than KW and I called you out on lying.

badfish22
06-11-2011, 04:54 PM
:lol so desperate

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 04:55 PM

You know, ok, so they made a somewhat childish joke. It really isn't that big of a deal. It was stupid, especially in front of cameras, because it only makes them look stupid and if it has any effect, it just acts as fuel and motivation for the Mavs. But the little joke by itself wasn't so bad.

The defense of the joke, particularly by Wade, is what really makes them look just stupid. I can't even think of a better way to describe it. They did it on purpose because they knew the media was going to blow it up? They never said "Dirk" and anyone can have a cold? That's how they try to back track? I would have respected it much more if they just owned up to it and said, "hey, you know what, it was a stupid joke and it was probably inappropriate. Let's just move on." But they justified it by blaming the media. They tried to deny it by saying they didn't say Dirk's name specifically. They look like losers for that.

And this comes off the heels of them basically responding to Stevenson's comments with some shit like, "we won't get into that. We'll just let our game speak for itself." They try to act righteous in their interviews and press conferences. It's all pretentious.

And of course it's going to get blown up more because it's Wade and LeBron. You can't compare it to Stevenson's comments or Terry's comments. Stevenson is a scrub. And Terry isn't in the same stratosphere as Wade or LeBron. When you get the media hype that Wade and LeBron get, when you say or do something stupid, you should get slammed for it. And when you deny and/or defend your stupidity the way they did, you should get slammed even more. They chose this. You reap the glory when you win and play great, then you sit down and eat your shitburger when you do or say something stupid.

You discredit both teams players. Stevenson a scrub? Terry not in the same stratosphere as Lebron? I guess you haven't been watching the same games I have. Lebron is having trouble with Stevenson and Terry. Stevenson is guarding James really well and James can't stop Terry. But I guess the media and you are the same in thinking. If James was so great, this series should be Miami's. But James lacks in shooting and defending Terry. Even Marion has had some success on James. Maybe Dallas players are getting underrated.

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 04:55 PM

Well put. If they wanna act like douchebags and make douchebag remarks then that's their prerogative...but if you lose and/or play like shit after such theatrics, don't go crying when the media makes you explain yourself

Axe Murderer
06-11-2011, 04:56 PM
You discredit both teams players. Stevenson a scrub? Terry not in the same stratosphere as Lebron? I guess you haven't been watching the same games I have.

is it possible to not act like a shitty poster for atleast a few hours? or is that asking too much?

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 04:57 PM
You discredit both teams players. Stevenson a scrub? Terry not in the same stratosphere as Lebron? I guess you haven't been watching the same games I have. Lebron is having trouble with Stevenson and Terry. Stevenson is guarding James really well and James can't stop Terry. But I guess the media and you are the same in thinking. If James was so great, this series should be Miami's. But James lacks in shooting and defending Terry. Even Marion has had some success on James. Maybe Dallas players are getting underrated.

James and Wade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Terry and Stevenson. Don't kid yourself, son.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 04:58 PM
is it possible to not act like a shitty poster for atleast a few hours? or is that asking too much?
I was just pointing how little respect Jamstone has for some key players Dallas has. It's not all Nowitzki unlike the media would like you to believe.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:58 PM
I agree with the "backing off the comments" thing. It's lame. But that really isn't what bothers most Mav fans. They are mad that they "talk so much trash :madrun". It's not that big of a deal.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 04:59 PM
James and Wade>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Terry and Stevenson. Don't kid yourself, son.
And yet in a team game, Terry and Stevenson have found ways to be effective against Wade and James. They spread the court out and Stevenson owns James. There I said it.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 04:59 PM

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Mavs 3 Heat 2. Scoreboard don't lie. If it was such a mismatch, it would be different.

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 05:01 PM
I was just pointing how little respect Jamstone has for some key players Dallas has. It's not all Nowitzki unlike the media would like you to believe.

He probably meant "scrub" as role player, rather than actual scrub like a Matt Bonner. Stevenson is a scrub when compared to a Wade or James. He's playing great defense, no doubt...but he's nowhere near the talent that the other two are.

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 05:02 PM
And yet in a team game, Terry and Stevenson have found ways to be effective against Wade and James. They spread the court out and Stevenson owns James. There I said it.

You've said lots of things during the playoffs, and they've all been wrong.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 05:03 PM
He probably meant "scrub" as role player, rather than actual scrub like a Matt Bonner. Stevenson is a scrub when compared to a Wade or James. He's playing great defense, no doubt...but he's nowhere near the talent that the other two are.
He is comparable to Bruce Bowen though. Especially since he is knocking down those 3's. :D His defense has never been the problem. He used to not be able to hit those 3's.

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 05:04 PM
He is comparable to Bruce Bowen though. Especially since he is knocking down those 3's. :D His defense has never been the problem. He used to not be able to hit those 3's.

You are amazing, sir.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 05:04 PM
You've said lots of things during the playoffs, and they've all been wrong.
Uh what is your reason for James playing like crap then? He just had 5 fluke bad games? lol

Axe Murderer
06-11-2011, 05:05 PM
I agree with the "backing off the comments" thing.

i've hated Wade awhile for his "the media is out to get us" bullshit. LeBron i dont give a shit about

There was the world trade center reference, and then when they had that losing streak, he said in the most n!ggerish voice possible "da world is a betta place, da heat lost, dur dur but i dont care, it dont botha me!"

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Role players are underrated. They play a big part of success. Miami I think lacks role players. There is only 1 basketball. Everyone else has to do the dirty work.

JamStone
06-11-2011, 05:06 PM

SMH, I'm mostly talking about media hype. When you get put up on a pedestal like Wade and LeBron have been most their careers, then when you do something stupid, you will and should get more closely scrutinized for it. Whether or not Stevenson has played well, he's still a scrub for an NBA player. And even though Terry has played well, he has never had the type of superstar hype either Wade or LeBron has had. So their comments and actions will not garner the same type of attention that Wade's and LeBron's comments and actions will, nor should they. Comparing Stevenson and Terry to Wade and LeBron fails to realize the difference in media hype and perception between the two pairs.

davethedope
06-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Role players are underrated. They play a big part of success. Miami I think lacks role players. There is only 1 basketball. Everyone else has to do the dirty work.

Exactly, this is when the Robert Horrys and John Paxsons are born. Piston
teams have been pretty much all role players. Miami's bench needs to step
up or they're going home.

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Uh what is your reason for James playing like crap then? He just had 5 fluke bad games? lol

He's mentally weak and deferring to teammates. He did the same thing when Kidd guarded him in the 4th quarter of Game 5. Does that mean Kidd is a lockdown LBJ defender too?

davethedope
06-11-2011, 05:09 PM
until further notice, LeBron is overrated.

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Exactly, this is when the Robert Horrys and John Paxsons are born. Piston
teams have been pretty much all role players. Miami's bench needs to step
up or they're going home.

Miami's bench has been fine so far, especially Chalmers and Haslem. Even Juwan Howard gave them great minutes in Game 5. LeBron James has been shit, as has Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony (recently)

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 05:13 PM
SMH, I'm mostly talking about media hype. When you get put up on a pedestal like Wade and LeBron have been most their careers, then when you do something stupid, you will and should get more closely scrutinized for it. Whether or not Stevenson has played well, he's still a scrub for an NBA player. And even though Terry has played well, he has never had the type of superstar hype either Wade or LeBron has had. So their comments and actions will not garner the same type of attention that Wade's and LeBron's comments and actions will, nor should they. Comparing Stevenson and Terry to Wade and LeBron fails to realize the difference in media hype and perception between the two pairs.
Stevenson may be looked as a scrub from the media standpoint since they like fancy plays and dunks. But it would be a loss if Stevenson got injured for us. He is a valuable piece. Carlisle even played him over Stojakovic as he thought Dallas needed more role players to go with Dirk, Marion, Chandler, Kidd, and Terry. And how important Stevenson's defense is on Lebron. But Dallas doesn't get a lot of media attention normally anyways. Even Dirk lacks the attention that Wade or James get.

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Stevenson may be looked as a scrub from the media standpoint since they like fancy plays and dunks. But it would be a loss if Stevenson got injured for us. He is a valuable piece. Carlisle even played him over Stojakovic as he thought Dallas needed more role players to go with Dirk, Marion, Chandler, Kidd, and Terry. And how important Stevenson's defense is on Lebron. But Dallas doesn't get a lot of media attention normally anyways. Even Dirk lacks the attention that Wade or James get.

jesus christ you sound like a self-righteous spurfan now.

JamStone
06-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Mario Chalmers is a big reason Dallas hasn't already won this series

davethedope
06-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Miami's bench has been fine so far, especially Chalmers and Haslem. Even Juwan Howard gave them great minutes in Game 5. LeBron James has been shit, as has Mike Bibby and Joel Anthony (recently)

Fine but not memorable. Chalmers has been good. Haslem needs a game like in Chicago.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 05:19 PM
jesus christ you sound like a self-righteous spurfan now.
lol at those of other teams thinking they know everything about the Dallas players. If you ranked the players of Dallas the way you think, Dallas would be 10th in NBA 2k12. The way I rank them is more accurate though they don't win through high flying dunks that cause people to overrate players. Wade is the only player on Miami that deserves his hype. He is unstoppable.

JamStone
06-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Dude do you really not get my point? Doesn't even matter if Stevenson is a scrub or not. My point was about the reason why comments or jokes by players like Wade and LeBron get more media attention. No one gives a fuck about Stevenson or if he's a scrub or not. Smh why are you even bent over that irrelevant point? You're acting like Harlem and I just insulted LeBron.

adrienne
06-11-2011, 05:20 PM
The playing sick was pointless, and they were acting like children, but no big deal. Wade's response in the form of an elaborate, nonsensical explanation IS the problem. A simple "no disrespect to Dirk, we were just messing around" would have put this matter to bed.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Dude do you really not get my point? Doesn't even matter if Stevenson is a scrub or not. My point was about the reason why comments or jokes by players like Wade and LeBron get more media attention. No one gives a fuck about Stevenson or if he's a scrub or not. Smh why are you even bent over that irrelevant point? You're acting like Harlem and I just insulted LeBron.
Obviously, you don't like the mavs with your biased comments. That is the problem I have with you. I know your main purpose was why Wade and James got criticized more than Terry and Stevenson but explained it in a disrespectful way to the Mavs. Scrub means not a good player imo. If you said Stevenson is a role player, I wouldn't have been offended.

JamStone
06-11-2011, 05:28 PM
DeShawn Stevenson is a role player.

Your vagina feel better now?

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Fine but not memorable. Chalmers has been good. Haslem needs a game like in Chicago.

Dallas has arguably the best bench in the league while Miami has had one of the worst. That being said, the tally through 5 games is:

Dallas: 125 bench pts

Miami: 112 bench pts.

Miami's bench is holding their own...

OTOH, LeBron James is averaging 17.2ppg in the Finals. Most greats raise their level of play in the finals--if he were to just "match" his regular season numbers (26.7) he'd be averaging 9.5 more ppg in this series. In a series that keeps coming down to one or two possessions, you think that extra 10 points might come in handy?

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 05:30 PM
DeShawn Stevenson is a role player.

Your vagina feel better now?
Was it that hard to say it in a non-insulting way? Now I know some players in this finals that are playing like scrubs. Mike Bibby for one. Ian Mahinmi is another.

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Was it that hard to say it in a non-insulting way? Now I know some players in this finals that are playing like scrubs. Mike Bibby for one. Ian Mahinmi is another.

1. I don't think he meant it as an insult.

2. This is the NBA Forum bro...if you're looking for diplomacy and tact then I don't know what to tell you

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 05:39 PM
1. I don't think he meant it as an insult.

2. This is the NBA Forum bro...if you're looking for diplomacy and tact then I don't know what to tell you
It is flat out lying though. Just like saying Wade has played like crap. I mean Heat fans would all over that if someone started saying lies like that. I'm not looking for everyone to love the Mavs. Just some respect of what they've accomplished. I mean if you are going to go all out with intellect with how Jamstone was posting, you wouldn't expect lies being put in there making everyone dumber. :D

JamStone
06-11-2011, 05:41 PM
First of all, it wasn't insulting, I actually hear an infected vagina is painful. I used the word "scrub" because I knew you were going to blow it up. You did exactly what I knew.

I just had some fun with Mavs fan about the blow up of the incident, and it held to be true. You blew it up.

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 05:42 PM
It is flat out lying though. Just like saying Wade has played like crap. I mean Heat fans would all over that if someone started saying lies like that. I'm not looking for everyone to love the Mavs. Just some respect of what they've accomplished. I mean if you are going to go all out with intellect with how Jamstone was posting, you wouldn't expect lies being put in there making everyone dumber. :D

The irony is overwhelming. You've done nothing but shit talk the Mavs since the Portland series. Maybe it's an elaborate reverse jinx, or maybe you're just a hypocrite.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2011, 05:44 PM
First of all, it wasn't insulting, I actually hear an infected vagina is painful. I used the word "scrub" because I knew you were going to blow it up. You did exactly what I knew.

I just had some fun with Mavs fan about the blow up of the incident, and it held to be true. You blew it up.
It sounded like you actually believed what you were saying. My bad if you just did it to troll.

JamStone
06-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Smh that was an interpolation of Wade's quote defending the coughing joke.

Everything is lost on you...

resistanze
06-11-2011, 05:52 PM

LkrFan
06-11-2011, 05:53 PM
word for word

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/06/dwyane-wade-denies-poking-fun-at-dirks-i.html

:cry media hates us :cry i dont know why :cry

Yeah I remember those comments. Wade was wrong for that then and he is wrong now. :td

LkrFan
06-11-2011, 05:57 PM

:rollin

LkrFan
06-11-2011, 06:12 PM

Brilliant. :rollin

TD 21
06-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Stein easily predicted what Wade said:

Stein is a pathetic fan boy that should be fired. He doesn't even pretend to not be biased. It's obvious plenty of the ESPN writers are biased, but you don't see the others essentially flaunting it in their writing. Stein makes no bones about his creepy love affair/obsession with Nowitzki (and to a lesser extent, Nash).

Another totally one sided piece in the Daily Dime today, where he says "LeBron and D-Wade have so little respect for the star on the other side" and "in a series where Nowitzki has been the clear cut best player, no less," among other comments that make it abundantly clear that he's an ardent Mavs supporter.

A national writer shouldn't be crying about this and taking shots at the opposition. And he's been constantly taking subtle shots at James and Wade the entire series (claiming Wade's going to the free throw line plenty in '06 were him looking for "bailouts"), while continuing to prop up Nowitzki to no end (with subtle shots at his "supporting cast" non stop), claiming he's the first "lone star" in this position since Olajuwon in '94. I guess he forgot Duncan in '03, which is funny, because he's the same guy who wrote about him playing 1-on-4 against the Lakers in '04.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 08:03 PM
^The goods:::TD's finest hour style.

sribb43
06-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Fuckin' bums those 2 guys are...

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Fuckin' bums those 2 guys are...

Dirk shouldn't a lied.

James & Wade have grounds.

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Dirk shouldn't a lied.

James & Wade have grounds.

I guess the team physicians lied as well.

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Stein is a pathetic fan boy that should be fired. He doesn't even pretend to not be biased. It's obvious plenty of the ESPN writers are biased, but you don't see the others essentially flaunting it in their writing. Stein makes no bones about his creepy love affair/obsession with Nowitzki (and to a lesser extent, Nash).

Another totally one sided piece in the Daily Dime today, where he says "LeBron and D-Wade have so little respect for the star on the other side" and "in a series where Nowitzki has been the clear cut best player, no less," among other comments that make it abundantly clear that he's an ardent Mavs supporter.

A national writer shouldn't be crying about this and taking shots at the opposition. And he's been constantly taking subtle shots at James and Wade the entire series (claiming Wade's going to the free throw line plenty in '06 were him looking for "bailouts"), while continuing to prop up Nowitzki to no end (with subtle shots at his "supporting cast" non stop), claiming he's the first "lone star" in this position since Olajuwon in '94. I guess he forgot Duncan in '03, which is funny, because he's the same guy who wrote about him playing 1-on-4 against the Lakers in '04.
Stern has made a ton of money by fining Cuban for remarks. He should love the Mavs.

Axe Murderer
06-11-2011, 08:49 PM
so does this mean we're now gonna hear "dirk lied" 50 times a day along with "Skunker" and "8"?

awesome :rolleyes

JoeTait75
06-11-2011, 09:12 PM
The denial and deflection of the charade is what makes them look like pussies, tbh.

They've been doing that all year. Making comments/twitter posts and then running away from them as fast as possible.

They say they want to be villains but there's no conviction in their act.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:26 PM
so does this mean we're now gonna hear "dirk lied" 50 times a day along with "Skunker" and "8"?

You gd rights. That's part & parcel to Cubby's rolling stock here on the NBA Forum.

Stings, don't it?

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:27 PM
I guess the team physicians lied as well.

No. Dirk was the one who was ill. It was incumbent on him, and him alone to divulge that condition BEFORE he played like shit. To do so after the fact is a falsehood by omission.

Dirk liedPERIOD

JJ Hickson
06-11-2011, 09:30 PM
You gd rights. That's part & parcel to Cubby's rolling stock here on the NBA Forum.

Stings, don't it?

ya got no room Cul. After the skunker you gotta take yur medicine too.

Stings, don't it?

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:30 PM
The Skunker!!!

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:44 PM
The Skunker!!!

The Clunker!!!

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:56 PM
The Shellacking!
The Downfall!

I must confess I was going to use The Shame for the Spurs loss to the Grizz when I watched "At Close Range" and caught on to "tired old shit bag."

SenorSpur
06-11-2011, 10:29 PM

+1 x 10,000

When in doubt, blame the media.

What a couple of jack-asses. I wasn't surprised at LeQuit behaving like a juvenile adolescent, but I thought Wade had a bit more maturity than that.

To coin a phrase made populur by the great former Arizona Cardinals football coach Denny Green, "they ARE who we THOUGHT they were".

ducks
06-11-2011, 10:37 PM
james has ruined wade already with his immatureity
wade however refuses to quit like james does
1 o rebound last game really scrub james

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 10:39 PM
james has ruined wade already with his immatureity
wade however refuses to quit like james does
1 o rebound last game really scrub james

Wade has quit as well this Finals:::remaining in the backcourt to plead his case to the Officiating time & time again.

DMC
06-11-2011, 10:47 PM
The Shellacking!
The Downfall!

I must confess I was going to use The Shame for the Spurs loss to the Grizz when I watched "At Close Range" and caught on to "tired old shit bag."

The Spurs have no shame. They are a classy organization tbh. Tired old shitbags never had it so good.

SenorSpur
06-11-2011, 11:15 PM
You could've just said +10,000

and you could've kept your suggestion to yourself.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
06-11-2011, 11:35 PM

Borosai
06-11-2011, 11:59 PM
It's the herpes coughing.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
06-12-2011, 12:28 AM

what exactly is the backstory behind the "dirk lied" new cubby gay schtick?

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Sup, Cuppy

Axe Murderer
06-12-2011, 09:42 AM

Stings, don't it?

actually it wasn't that bad. you checking my asshole felt kind of pleasant. How does mine look back there?

tbh once your old creepy ass has decided to repeat the same bullshit over and over, there's really no stopping you.

Giuseppe
06-12-2011, 10:21 AM
actually it wasn't that bad. you checking my asshole felt kind of pleasant. How does mine look back there?

tbh once your old creepy ass has decided to repeat the same bullshit over and over, there's really no stopping you.

True. I ain't stopping. I caught Dirk tiptoeing thru the tulips and I'm gonna hold him accountable.

ffadicted
06-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Yo where the fuck is this video i wanna see lol

mariners
06-12-2011, 12:12 PM
wade and lebron are basically 16 year old immature chicks

Giuseppe
06-12-2011, 12:15 PM
wade and lebron are basically 16 year old immature chicks

Maybe, but, they were accurate on calling ass on Dirk.

mariners
06-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Maybe, but, they were accurate on calling ass on Dirk.

dirk was legitimately sick but that really doesn't matter, its basketball. its not like dirk was trying to drum up the report of him being sick, that was some reporters, mavs and dirk tried to keep it to themselves.

Giuseppe
06-12-2011, 01:00 PM
dirk was legitimately sick but that really doesn't matter, its basketball. its not like dirk was trying to drum up the report of him being sick, that was some reporters, mavs and dirk tried to keep it to themselves.

& they did keep it to themselves under AFTER he started playing like shit.

Dirk is responsible for Dirk. If his [once upon a time] is now "it's the Media's fault" then he's a chickenshit as well as a liar & a coward.

TJastal
06-12-2011, 01:09 PM

:lmao

Giuseppe
06-12-2011, 01:10 PM
:lmao

What's good for the goose is sauce for the gander.

resistanze
06-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Dirk liedPERIOD

Killakobe81
06-12-2011, 05:29 PM
^ Are those real quotes?

yep, bitch niggas. To me when you get caught saying something own that shit.
Say something like: Yes, we had some fun at Dirk's expense, but we were joking and we aint apologizing for it ...if the Mavs need that for motivation then we already won" ...
No way can i respect a bitch ass cop out like that one ...

Killakobe81
06-12-2011, 05:31 PM

Exactly.

Killakobe81
06-12-2011, 05:38 PM

Hey Im all for players that have stepped up in the finals getting some love. the fact that marion, stevenson and terry are obviously talking mad shit to Lebron and James has done little to make them eat their words ...is shocking and depressing ...as a fan of gtreat basketball. But even if the Mavs win, Neither Terry or stevenson or even Marion (a former all-star) are inthe same stratosphere as Lebron and Wade. Jammie is right ...

mavsfan1000
06-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Hey Im all for players that have stepped up in the finals getting some love. the fact that marion, stevenson and terry are obviously talking mad shit to Lebron and James has done little to make them eat their words ...is shocking and depressing ...as a fan of gtreat basketball. But even if the Mavs win, Neither Terry or stevenson or even Marion (a former all-star) are inthe same stratosphere as Lebron and Wade. Jammie is right ...
James has not proven anything in the finals yet. Therefore, he is not in the same stratosphere as Wade is. So stop putting them together like they are equal. As great of a talent as James is, you need the balls and IQ to back it up in huge games. Unfortunately, James doesn't have it.

Killakobe81
06-12-2011, 05:47 PM
James has not proven anything in the finals yet. Therefore, he is not in the same stratosphere as Wade is. So stop putting them together like they are equal. As great of a talent as James is, you need the balls and IQ to back it up in huge games. Unfortunately, James doesn't have it.

Hey so far you have been exactly right even the biggest James nut ryders (HH, cough) freely admit James has sucked ass. But James is a star on Wade's level ... Wade is just more clutch ...

DPG21920
06-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Sucked ass? I don't get people. He hasn't played like a great that many thought he was (except he did vs BOS and CHI), but the standard he has set shows how good he is to say he has sucked ass.

He has sucked ass in the 4th quarter, but even when he drops triple doubles, people just scoff.

mavsfan1000
06-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey so far you have been exactly right even the biggest James nut ryders (HH, cough) freely admit James has sucked ass. But James is a star on Wade's level ... Wade is just more clutch ...
Wade is almost better than James in every category on offense. Passing and offensive rebounding is the only things I would give James an advantage in. But he is definitely slower than Wade with the ball. Doesn't shoot as well. Those are the 2 biggest parts of the game. So basically he is a glorified role player.

Killakobe81
06-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Sucked ass? I don't get people. He hasn't played like a great that many thought he was (except he did vs BOS and CHI), but the standard he has set shows how good he is to say he has sucked ass.

He has sucked ass in the 4th quarter, but even when he drops triple doubles, people just scoff.

That is what i was referring to, but lets be honest, DPG. Going in to this series we BOTH expected great things from Lebron. I said he was going to start making his run at possible GOAT status ...not sure what your predictions were but even if you look outside the 4th you cant tell me James has played up to par. Marion has made their matchup ALMOST even ... that alone means that James has sucked ass he is twice the player Marion is at this point of their careers ...

DPG21920
06-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I guess I view "sucked ass" differently than you. Sucked ass, to me, implies everyone on an even playing field. What it seems you are saying is "sucks ass compared to what was expected". He is still playing better overall than most players out there, just not in the fourth.

Nick Manning
06-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Great players usually raise their numbers and play in a Finals. LeBron is averaging 9.5ppg less in the Finals than he did in the regular season. If he were to just match his reg season output this series would be over. Dirk, Wade, and Bosh have all raised their #'s...

Killakobe81
06-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I guess I view "sucked ass" differently than you. Sucked ass, to me, implies everyone on an even playing field. What it seems you are saying is "sucks ass compared to what was expected". He is still playing better overall than most players out there, just not in the fourth.

yes, for me it's just like school. if you are a straight A student (Lebron) when "finals" comes around (school or NBA) I expect an A type performance.
Marion is a B player giving B+ type performance so a bad game for him or a shitty 4th quarter does not matter as much. Same for terry and stevenson though stevenson is more like a "C" type player ...

and for the record Kobe has been a "A+ regular season and playoff performer and is probably a B+ or B Finals performer he has had great games and shitty ones s wildly inconsistent. Lebron has had maybe one B+ game in 9 tries TBH and the triple double was NOT one of them ...

DPG21920
06-12-2011, 06:36 PM
You see that stat, Killa? In Kobe's first 9 finals games just like Lebron, he only averaged 19PTs as well.

DazedAndConfused
06-12-2011, 06:42 PM
The reason Lebron is getting a lot of flak is because given his god given talents there is no reason why he shouldn't be dominating damn near every game. He's been blessed with a body that the NBA has never seen, and it's simply unacceptable for him to stand around watching late in games. His team needs him to step it up.

Lebron is not and should not be judged by normal NBA standards. He's capable of playing at a transcendent level, and he will always be judged in that light. The same goes for Kobe, Dirk, Wade, and the rest of the superstar elite.