PDA

View Full Version : I just can't wait

Muse
06-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Until tomorrow, I will get emotional watching Dirk hoist the :lobt: with the Finals Mvp on his other hand :lobt2:

davethedope
06-11-2011, 06:28 PM
It will be very satisfying to see Dirk, Kidd, Peja, and the rest win their title.

If Miami doesn't win this, they're not winning not 1, not 2, not 3, not shit, ever.

Lock it up.

adrienne
06-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I'll get emotional too, IF that happens. I want the Mavs to win as much as anyone except Mark Cuban, but let's hold our horses until the game is over tomorrow:lol....or Tuesday, which could definitely happen.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 06:32 PM
They'll be a lot of tears shed if it were to take place.

That's the part I enjoy.

I always preferred to celebrate by myself, PM's into Luva withstanding.

davethedope
06-11-2011, 06:32 PM
this feels like a sixer to be honest.

Ghazi
06-11-2011, 06:34 PM
hope youre right brother... hope youre right

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 06:36 PM
If the Mavs indeed close this out in Miami on Sunday I'm going to Tivo Lebron's postgame press conference--if he actually shows up this time.

davethedope
06-11-2011, 06:37 PM
he won't

adrienne
06-11-2011, 06:37 PM
What I want to know is this: if they win, will Carlisle crack a smile, or refuse to break his streak as Grumpiest Coach in the West?

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 06:38 PM
If the Mavs indeed close this out in Miami on Sunday I'm going to Tivo Lebron's postgame press conference--if he actually shows up this time.

Chief, gettin' his sheep on.:rolleyes

Chief Brody
06-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Chief, gettin' his sheep on.:rolleyes

Cubby, gettin' his repetitive bullshit on :rolleyes

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Cubby, gettin' his repetitive bullshit on :rolleyes

Just checkin' assholes, Chief. Thought I'd start with you first.

davethedope
06-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Imagine you're Dirk and J. Kidd and you're playing a game, you know Larry O'Brien
is in the house and all that champagne's in there. They should be inspired by that alone.

davethedope
06-11-2011, 06:41 PM
The t-shirts and hats are ready... That's hot shit.

Chief Brody
Just checkin' assholes, Chief. Thought I'd start with you first.

I ghost-wiped, but missed a spot. My bad.

Giuseppe
I ghost-wiped, but missed a spot. My bad.

:rolleyes

lurker
06-11-2011, 07:49 PM
What I want to know is this: if they win, will Carlisle crack a smile, or refuse to break his streak as Grumpiest Coach in the West?
I think this face is as close as we get to a smile
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmh4ovZPmu1qjrx66o1_500.png

scampers
06-11-2011, 08:45 PM
I'd definitely like to see Dirk and Kidd get their ring. Even Carlisle.. I always liked him as coach of the Pistons way back when. Good luck guys.

Joel Anthony
06-11-2011, 08:50 PM
So much disappointment in little D.

florige
06-11-2011, 09:01 PM

Idk I think Popovich owns that title. He rarely smiles.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Idk I think Popovich owns that title. He rarely smiles.

After The Skunker and 8 over consecutive playoffs he shouldn't.

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:19 PM
After The Skunker and 8 over consecutive playoffs he shouldn't.

You ran your coach off with a loss of 36pts, have Mike fucking Brown who was swept by the Spurs in his only hoorah, and got ousted on Mothers Day like you were some new starlet in a Peter North flick. You've no room.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:23 PM
You ran your coach off with a loss of 36pts, have Mike fucking Brown who was swept by the Spurs in his only hoorah, and got ousted on Mothers Day like you were some new starlet in a Peter North flick. You've no room.

Still after The Skunker & 8 over consecutive playoffs Pop shouldn't be grinnin'.

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Still after The Skunker & 8 over consecutive playoffs Pop shouldn't be grinnin'.
After what he's achieved, he shouldn't be able to stop grinning.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:49 PM
After what he's achieved, he shouldn't be able to stop grinning.

None of that shit, D. Pop has failed dismally over the last two years of playoffs.

His actions over the last couple of weeks of the season & the brief appearance Vs. the Grizz was puny.

He's a long way from Number Four, D. Either I'm a monkey's ass, or, that's his longest drought twixt rings.

TE
06-11-2011, 10:15 PM
None of that shit, D. Pop has failed dismally over the last two years of playoffs.

His actions over the last couple of weeks of the season & the brief appearance Vs. the Grizz was puny.

He's a long way from Number Four, D. Either I'm a monkey's ass, or, that's his longest drought twixt rings.

I see what you did there.

DMC
06-11-2011, 10:19 PM

He has 4 rings. The only shortened aspect of 99 was the regular season. Regular seasons don't matter. Don't let the Zen master taint your mind. Rings is rings. Else your:

Kobe 5

Duncan 4

is eternally irrelevant and you've stood behind it vehemently.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 10:35 PM
He has 4 rings.

Exactly. I ain't denying him his fourth. I'm just saying it's a long time since the 4th. He's never went this long without ringin'.

& now two disasters in-a-row. His slippin' is coinciding with Duncan's slippage.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Kobe 5

Duncan 4

is eternally irrelevant and you've stood behind it vehemently.

You damn right I have.

When it was Duncan up 4-3 you fuckers Lorded it over me, without qualification. Well, how does it feel at 5-4 Kobe without qualification?

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 10:38 PM
I see what you did there.

:rolleyes

That's just your fuckin' paranoia & insecurity.

DPG21920
06-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Ghazi, if you are nervous, the team will feed off that. It won't be good. You want my prediction for tomorrow?

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Ghazi, if you are nervous, the team will feed off that. It won't be good.

:rolleyes& you were doing so well.

DMC
06-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Exactly. I ain't denying him his fourth. I'm just saying it's a long time since the 4th. He's never went this long without ringin'.

& now two disasters in-a-row. His slippin' is coinciding with Duncan's slippage.
He's coaching the Spurs, not the Lakers. The Spurs never won a ring before Pop (Duncan actually). Pop owns a vineyard and has other interests besides basketball. He's set, no worries. Still, he's competitive and they have a fan base to appease. They will remain competitive. Unlike many markets, the Spurs market has an incredibly loyal fan base, and the Spurs are very very well respected in the city of SA and throughout the area.

And I do see that you were going the other way with the 4. It was surprising otherwise, since you've not been one to split hairs.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 10:58 PM
He's coaching the Spurs, not the Lakers. The Spurs never won a ring before Pop (Duncan actually). Pop owns a vineyard and has other interests besides basketball. He's set, no worries. Still, he's competitive and they have a fan base to appease. They will remain competitive. Unlike many markets, the Spurs market has an incredibly loyal fan base, and the Spurs are very very well respected in the city of SA and throughout the area.

:jack

DMC
06-11-2011, 11:05 PM
:jack
Nothing crazy about it. The Spurs are not known for making crazy off season moves (except resigning Bonner) or blockbuster trades. No one wants to live in SA unless they've been there before, then they don't want to leave. It's a great city, and I've been all over the place. Still, it's no lure for big talent, that's for sure. It's a last stop for retiring greats who's contracts have expired and they want that elusive ring. Only now there's no prime Duncan to get them there. It's going to be a hard row to hoe for a few years. It's inevitable however, for small markets.

Yeah, he made some weird moves but who could predict Manu getting a freak injury in the last game? The Tiago thing is the "2 in the bush" thing. No one knows how it would have panned out.

Ghazi
06-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Ghazi, if you are nervous, the team will feed off that. It won't be good. You want my prediction for tomorrow?

sure :)

100%duncan
06-12-2011, 07:17 AM
win this one bitch. I'll be happy for dirk