PDA

View Full Version : sons serious question and REAL TALK, should Duncan come off the bench next year?

BRHornet45
06-11-2011, 06:29 PM
sons I know many of you may automatically think that I am trying to bash Duncan with this thread, but REAL TALK should the Spurs consider bringing him off the bench next season? I think he made it crystal clear this season that he is no longer a legit NBA starter that can give a reasonable amount of quality minutes. I mean hell he only averaged 28 minutes per game this season and started getting winded within a few minutes each time he came in. I believe that Duncan would be more effective for the Spurs if he came off of the bench and was only given maybe 8-12 minutes of playing time per game. Bring him in a few times each game for 2-4 minutes at a time before he gets winded and he could still be effective.

davethedope
06-11-2011, 06:30 PM
If there is a lock out the classy thing would be for him to retire

Proxy
06-11-2011, 06:31 PM
So SA's best big man comes off the bench?

ClipshowDynasty
06-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Tbh that shitt lazy ass player should work on his conditioning and get in shape in the offseason.
What's sad is that that piece of shit played 28 min to be rested for the playoffs and he STILL sucked dick, more dick than usual :lmao :lmao

LkrFan
06-11-2011, 06:33 PM
:corn:

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 06:35 PM
You could never do it. He has a pecking order with the Officiating. He'd lose that.

ohmwrecker
06-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Wrap your lips around the tailpipe and breathe . . . deep.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2011, 06:38 PM
No.

Real talk.

Nathan89
06-11-2011, 06:39 PM
TBH, I would still take Timmy over David West.

Real talk.

BRHornet45
06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
sons its a serious and legit question and concern for the Spurs. Duncan is 35 years old now. this season he was 34 and fell off badly.
at 34 years of age ...

Karl Malone - 27PPG, 10RPG, 37MPG

Charles Barkley - 15PPG, 11RPG, 33MPG

Tim Duncan - 13PPG, 8RPG, 28MPG

ChumpDumper
06-11-2011, 06:44 PM
It's neither serious nor legit.

BRHornet45
06-11-2011, 06:45 PM
It's neither serious nor legit.

son just like the cuckold in your avatar pic, you need to take off your homer glasses and wake up.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2011, 06:46 PM
son just like the cuckold in your avatar pic, you need to take off your homer glasses and wake up.lol you don't know who that is.

Real talk.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 06:47 PM
sons its a serious and legit question and concern for the Spurs. Duncan is 35 years old now. this season he was 34 and fell off badly.
at 34 years of age ...

One would have to take Duncan's birth certificate with a grain of salt. Those South American countries are notorious for fudging on them.

$'s to O's he's a lot closer to 40 than 35.

BlackSwordsMan
06-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Kobe shit the bed and Duncan is stuck cleaning the mess.

Bill_Brasky
No, Dallas fan.

Chief Brody
One would have to take Duncan's birth certificate with a grain of salt. Those South American countries are notorious for fudging on them.

$'s to O's he's a lot closer to 40 than 35.

If he was from South America, you might have a point there you senile, altar-boy stalking fuckstick :rolleyes

Duncan is an old pos now though...the bench would be a good idea if he wasn't the best big SA had.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Kobe shit the bed and Duncan is stuck cleaning the mess.

He ain't walkin' away from $20 million.

Hell, if he does I'll pay either Deepy OR Midget their winnings, whichever is less.

EDIT:::wth, Swords, you changed the post. Nevertheless, I'll stand the gaffe.

It's my religion.

BRHornet45
don't worry though because I'm sure the NBA will still put him into the All Star game again even if he only puts up 7 and 4

ChumpDumper
lol geography fail

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 06:53 PM
If he was from South America, you might have a point there you senile, altar-boy stalking fuckstick :rolleyes

Duncan is an old pos now though...the bench would be a good idea if he wasn't the best big SA had.

Bend over. I'll give ya an altar-boy sized f'in' schnitzel.

jeebus
06-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Bonner, Blair, Novak and Duncan. lol

Nathan89
06-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Every thread about Duncan that you start sucks. The problem is that you never make any legitimate points. TBH, if you want to troll a player that is viewed as an all-time great stick to Kobe. There is a lot of legitimate material that goes against the greatness of Kobe that the media would like to portray to NBA fans.

BRHornet45
06-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Every thread about Duncan that you start sucks. The problem is that you never make any legitimate points. TBH, if you want to troll a player that is viewed as an all-time great stick to Kobe. There is a lot of legitimate material that goes against the greatness of Kobe that the media would like to portray to NBA fans.

son you don't make any sense. Did I not post facts and stats? Did I not bring up valid points about Duncan declining? ...oh that's right ... you just refuse to accept the truth because Duncan is your hero.

The truth of the matter is that most fans can see that Duncan is arguably not even a legit NBA starter anymore, but its only Spurs fans who still believe this guy is one of the greatest in the game right now. Until fans like yourself decide to take off your homer glasses and accept the reality that Duncan is washed up now, then you will never see the truth. Father time catches up to ALL professional athletes, but it just caught up to Duncan at a much earlier age.

Nick Manning
06-11-2011, 07:18 PM
You gotta love BR:lol

Dude's an equal opportunity hater, but he's got a point here

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 07:19 PM
You gotta love BR:lol

Dude's an equal opportunity hater, but he's got a point here

It's a specious point.

Bill_Brasky
06-11-2011, 07:19 PM
son you don't make any sense. Did I not post facts and stats? Did I not bring up valid points about Duncan declining? ...oh that's right ... you just refuse to accept the truth because Duncan is your hero.

The truth of the matter is that most fans can see that Duncan is arguably not even a legit NBA starter anymore, but its only Spurs fans who still believe this guy is one of the greatest in the game right now. Until fans like yourself decide to take off your homer glasses and accept the reality that Duncan is washed up now, then you will never see the truth. Father time catches up to ALL professional athletes, but it just caught up to Duncan at a much earlier age.

Funny thing is, you make threads to bash the 2 dudes that have dominated the league for the past decade yet never even attempt to touch the easy target that is the ringless 7 foot vajayjay.......Dallas fan.

Nick Manning
06-11-2011, 07:22 PM
It's a specious point.

Good word, haven't seen that used in a coon's age.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Good word, haven't seen that used in a [[[coon's age.]]]

& I've wanted to use that one a couple dozen times, but, that is the straw that broke the camel's back at phxsuns.net. & I was afraid The Princess would get flat-earred over it.

Nick Manning
06-11-2011, 07:25 PM
& I've wanted to use that one a couple dozen times, but, that is the straw that broke the camel's back at phsxsuns.net. & I was afraid The Princess would get flat-earred over it.

That's G-rated compared to some of Dok's posts, tbh.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 07:27 PM
That's G-rated compared to some of Dok's posts, tbh.

She's wishy-washy in her application of rules.

& I got no room for error. I'm lucky to even be here.

4>0rings
06-11-2011, 07:37 PM
BR's like a season behind on every topic.

Nick Manning
06-11-2011, 07:39 PM

This is true, the buzzards have been circling Duncan for a couple years now.

BRHornet45
06-11-2011, 07:41 PM

son you do have a point with that regarding this thread, Duncan probably should have came off of the bench this season now that I think about it. Hell the Spurs would have probably gotten out of the first round if Duncan wasn't clogging up bullshit minutes.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 07:42 PM
& yet on first blush it's not a bad idea:::I always wanted the Lakers to do that with Jabbar:::plays against the second string, yet is still available for crunch time real minutes.

BlackSwordsMan
06-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Its against my religion to correct my friend, Seppe.

DMC
06-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Real talk: It makes no difference in the grand scheme of things. It's the minutes, not the starting role.

That said, RC and Pop would never bring Tim off the bench unless Tim requested it. That's because the Spurs have class, and weren't bought by the NBA. However, if Pop and RC asked Tim to, he would without any entitlement-laced bitching because Tim is all about class.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Its against my religion to correct my friend, Seppe.

Too much has happened twixt us, Swords. + you're a swingin' dick.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Real talk: It makes no difference in the grand scheme of things. It's the minutes, not the starting role.

That said, RC and Pop would never bring Tim off the bench unless Tim requested it. That's because the Spurs have class, and weren't bought by the NBA.

Or, unless they presented Tim with the particulars and he agreed to it. Problem is aside from the Officiating reset, the trash talking would commence & would be cruel.

Tim is a sensitive sort & I don't believe he could brook such.

Nathan89
06-11-2011, 07:55 PM

at 34 years of age ...

Son I said legitimate facts.

1. No you didn't post facts and stats. You said Malone averaged 10 boards per game when in fact he averaged 9.9. On the other hand you said Duncan averaged 8rpg when in fact he averaged 8.9. Every time you bring Duncan's stat into a argument you happen to round his numbers down and someone else will have their numbers rounded up. Way to bend the facts.

2. No son you didn't bring up valid points about the decline of Tim Duncan. You tried to compare the top 3 pfs at the age of 34. I guess you failed to realize that Malone played 9 more mpg and only got 1 more rebound than Duncan per game. Charles played almost 5 more minutes and only scored 2 more points than Tim. You left out the fact that Duncan had a 50%fg while Charles had 48.5%fg. The fact that Duncan averaged 1.9bpg and Charles .4bpg/Malone .9bpg.

3. I can handle the truth.Son it is you who can't handle the truth.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Well, Nate's back on the rag.:rolleyes

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Or, unless they presented Tim with the particulars and he agreed to it. Problem is aside from the Officiating reset, the trash talking would commence & would be cruel.

Tim is a sensitive sort & I don't believe he could brook such.
You don't know Tim. If he was sensitive like you say, he would have been ruined by the ones he's faced in his 4 trips to the crown.

If any superstar in the league could do it, it would be Tim.

TD 21
06-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Wannabe Spurs fan, why are you arguing with this pathetic troll?

This is the same dumb ass who relentlessly ripped the only positive thing going about the pathetic franchise he cheers for because his scoring average had dipped. Never mind the fact that he was less than a year removed from major knee surgery and carried that sorry ass team to where they had no business being: the playoffs.

As for Duncan: 14th in PER this season, 2nd among centers. Check the list, it's a who's who of the best players in the game. You don't get near the top if you're not one of them. And it doesn't even factor in defense, where Duncan is still an elite anchor.

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:10 PM
If that's what you call it when some poser troll gets regulated, ok. I don't need those goggles you wear however.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 08:10 PM
You don't know Tim. If he was sensitive like you say, he would have been ruined by the ones he's faced in his 4 trips to the crown.

If any superstar in the league could do it, it would be Tim.

Edit:::Christ, you changed your post after I was going to take you task, D.

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:11 PM

This is the same dumb ass who relentlessly ripped the only positive thing going about the pathetic franchise he cheers for because his scoring average had dipped. Never mind the fact that he was less than a year removed from major knee surgery and carried that sorry ass team to where they had no business being: the playoffs.

As for Duncan: 14th in PER this season, 2nd among centers. Check the list, it's a who's who of the best players in the game. You don't get near the top if you're not one of them. And it doesn't even factor in defense, where Duncan is still an elite anchor.
What is a wannabe Spurs fan? There's no test to pass, you either are a fan or you are not. No one here has to ok it.

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Edit:::Christ, you changed your post after I was going to take you task, D.
If I changed it, it's because I saw the opening before you did :) .

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Is that your soundboard response for "fuck, you got me there"?

No, that's just me checkin' assholes and finding you regretting taking Kobe to task & editing it.

tee, hee.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 08:14 PM
ha, ha,,,This time I caught ya, ya turdhound, you.

BRHornet45
06-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Son I said legitimate facts.

1. No you didn't post facts and stats. You said Malone averaged 10 boards per game when in fact he averaged 9.9. On the other hand you said Duncan averaged 8rpg when in fact he averaged 8.9. Every time you bring Duncan's stat into a argument you happen to round his numbers down and someone else will have their numbers rounded up. Way to bend the facts.

2. No son you didn't bring up valid points about the decline of Tim Duncan. You tried to compare the top 3 pfs at the age of 34. I guess you failed to realize that Malone played 9 more mpg and only got 1 more rebound than Duncan per game. Charles played almost 5 more minutes and only scored 2 more points than Tim. You left out the fact that Duncan had a 50%fg while Charles had 48.5%fg. The fact that Duncan averaged 1.9bpg and Charles .4bpg/Malone .9bpg.

3. I can handle the truth.Son it is you who can't handle the truth.

son you're wrong

at age 34, Karl Malone put up 10.3 rebounds per game. check your facts
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/malonka01.html

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:16 PM
ha, ha,,,This time I caught ya, ya turdhound, you.
I was responding to your :rolleyes that you edited.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I was responding to your :rolleyes that you edited.

Because you hadn't edited that Kobe materiel yet.

Jesus Christ, you can be wrong once in a while, D.:rolleyes

Isitjustme?
06-11-2011, 08:20 PM
I love this guy. Its amazing his patent nonsense still works, but it does.

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Because you hadn't edited that Kobe materiel yet.

Jesus Christ, you can be wrong once in a while, D.:rolleyes

I cannot be wrong

It's my religion

Nathan89
06-11-2011, 08:29 PM
son you're wrong

at age 34, Karl Malone put up 10.3 rebounds per game. check your facts
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/malonka01.html

:lmao Oh I was looking at his stats at age 33, I am so sorry. Now that I look at it he averaged 9.9rpg at 33 and 9.8rpg at 32.

:rollinThanks for catching my mistake it really solidified your argument.:lmao

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:31 PM
How many rings did Malone win again? I lost count.

BRHornet45
06-11-2011, 08:33 PM
:lmao Oh I was looking at his stats at age 33, I am so sorry. Now that I look at it he averaged 9.9rpg at 33 and 9.8rpg at 32.

:rollinThanks for catching my mistake it really solidified your argument.:lmao

Malone could actually raise his stats, Duncan's steadily decline.

BRHornet45
06-11-2011, 08:34 PM
How many rings did Malone win again? I lost count.

lol ignorant Spur fuck with the typical ring argument. according to your idiotic logic .... Horry > Duncan

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:37 PM
lol ignorant Spur fuck with the typical ring argument. according to your idiotic logic .... Horry > Duncan

2 NBA MVP awards and 3 Finals MVP awards disagree...

Oh, and so does Bill Simmons and just about everyone else who knows anything about the game. Stick to watching Turasi. It suits you.

Malone: Inability to get his team to the ring as the leader

Duncan: Got his team to 4 rings as the leader

BRHornet45
06-11-2011, 08:39 PM
2 NBA MVP awards and 3 Finals MVP awards disagree...

Oh, and so does Bill Simmons and just about everyone else who knows anything about the game. Stick to watching Turasi. It suits you.

ah ok so another brilliant logic of "I believe everything ESPN tells me to"

Duncan is far from the best ever, far

BlackSwordsMan
06-11-2011, 08:40 PM
You're right hes only the best PF ever.

BlackSwordsMan
06-11-2011, 08:40 PM
sons chris flop3 will never be known as more than a top 15 PG stop trying to leech on us homely classy spur fans with your hatred

Nathan89
06-11-2011, 08:42 PM

That tends to happen when your minutes decrease.

:lol I still think it's funny how you got mad that I accidentally compared a 34yo Tim to a 33yo Malone. That should benefit your argument,right?

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:42 PM
ah ok so another brilliant logic of "I believe everything ESPN tells me to"

Duncan is far from the best ever, far

"I think we'll say the same about Duncan someday. Over the past 10 years, he's been overshadowed by Kobe and Shaq, LeBron and Wade, Nash and Kidd, Nowitzki and KG, even C-Webb and Iverson ... and yet, Tim Duncan was better than all of them.
Just wait, he'll have his Fugitive moment. It's coming. Maybe even next month"

May 11th, 2007 just before Duncan won his 4th ring.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070509

I don't normally give much credence to ESPN writers, but Bill Simmons is a gem and know his shit.

Did you notice anyone missing? Yeah... Karl Malone. Why? He never overshadowed Tim Duncan.

Nathan89
06-11-2011, 08:47 PM

I'm clearly a Spurs fan dipshit. Just because I can recognize that Dirk is currently the best player in the league and you can't doesn't mean I am not a Spurs fan.

BRHornet45
06-11-2011, 08:50 PM
That tends to happen when your minutes decrease.

:lol I still think it's funny how you got mad that I accidentally compared a 34yo Tim to a 33yo Malone. That should benefit your argument,right?

son of course it does because Malone owns Duncan at virtually every level and age.

at 33 years old ...

Malone - 27.4 PPG, 9.9 RPG, .550 FG%, 4.5 APG

Duncan - 17.9 PPG, 10.1 RPG, .518 FG%, 3.2 APG

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Malone recently said he got giddy to play power forwards like Buck Williams and Maurice Lucas — even Charles Oakley.
"(They) were the guys that really got my juices going when I had to play them," Malone said.
But nobody garners Malone's respect like Duncan, who has quietly produced his own Hall-of-Fame career in the post.
"My all-time favorite right now is still Tim Duncan," Malone said while in Utah for his birthday and media interviews last month. "He just plays. He's old, but he's been playing like that now for 15 years."
Duncan isn't fancy, loud or exciting to watch, but the oft-brash and bruising Malone loved that you can always count on a double-double and a solid performance from the four-time NBA champion.

Sloan even once told USA Today that he might consider Duncan to be the top power forward ever, saying of the Spurs big man in 2007, "He is probably the best player to ever play the position the way he plays it."
The longtime Jazz coach, however, obviously has a soft spot in his heart for Malone, whom he praises highly because "he made himself a Hall-of-Fame player."
ESPN.com (http://espn.com/) commissioned a panel of former players and NBA experts to end the debate once and for all. Though it's been five years since the results were published, the voting among the top spots remains consistent with more current discussion of Duncan being ranked first with Malone just a step behind at No. 2. The rest of the top fours included, in order: Barkley, McHale, Pettit, Garnett, Hayes, Dave DeBusschere, Williams and Nowitzki.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700055300/Utah-Jazz-Is-Karl-Malone-or-Tim-Duncan-the-best-all-time-power-forward.html?pg=3

From the horse's mouth

DMX7
06-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Real Talk: Shut the FUCK UP.

Joel Anthony
06-11-2011, 08:54 PM
The honorable thing would be to retire so the Spurs can rebuild. Duncan got bullied in the first round and shoved in his grave. He's finished.

JJ Hickson
06-11-2011, 08:57 PM
He shouldn't come off the bench, he should retire. He is clearly a washed up stiff at this stage of his career. There is no point in him playing another season with a team that clearly isn't a contender. Continuing to play as a shell of your former self just to collect pay checks is classless and pathetic. He needs to call it quits before he further damages his legacy.

DMC
06-11-2011, 08:59 PM
For 20 million, he should play. I don't give a shit what any of you faggots say, for 20 million you would suck Darko's cock at the opening ceremony of the Olympics in full HD.

BRHornet45
06-11-2011, 09:02 PM
sons everything is all fine and dandy as long as the hate is targeted towards LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, Dirk, Paul, Howard, etc., etc. ... but the moment anyone dares to even as much as question anything about Duncan's game, the fun is over and its time for everyone to put on their homer sunglasses and spew pure ignorance all the while ignoring the facts.

The dude hasn't been a legit star player in at least 5 years. He started going downhill at the age of 30 and this past season at age 34 was absolutely fucking pathetic for a "star player". There is no reason to attack others for simply questioning if Duncan coming off of the bench would be a better option for the Spurs at this point, because well... it would be.

JJ Hickson
06-11-2011, 09:02 PM
For 20 million, he should play. I don't give a shit what any of you faggots say, for 20 million you would suck Darko's cock at the opening ceremony of the Olympics in full HD.

Just to be clear, are you saying that you would suck Darko's cock for 20 million?

Nathan89
06-11-2011, 09:11 PM
son of course it does because Malone owns Duncan at virtually every level and age.

at 33 years old ...

Malone - 27.4 PPG, 9.9 RPG, .550 FG%, 4.5 APG

Duncan - 17.9 PPG, 10.1 RPG, .518 FG%, 3.2 APG

Son how can you not read? Let me break it down.

BR- compared top 3 pf all-time and you were trying to show how much better they were than him.

nate- I showed the truth that Duncan actually compares quite well with them. He didn't score as much as Malone but he only score 2 less points than Charles in less minutes. Tim also only averaged 1 less rbg than Malone did at 33yo(younger than 34...younger...younger) in 8 less mpg. Point is he compares closely to one or the other in almost every category and the difference is merely a result of less mpg(except bpg Tim is much better in that category in less mpg).

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Just to be clear, are you saying that you would suck Darko's cock for 20 million?
And tongue his asshole.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:13 PM

To deny Duncan doesn't have a fork sticking outta his ass is foolish.

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:13 PM
sons everything is all fine and dandy as long as the hate is targeted towards LeBron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, Dirk, Paul, Howard, etc., etc. ... but the moment anyone dares to even as much as question anything about Duncan's game, the fun is over and its time for everyone to put on their homer sunglasses and spew pure ignorance all the while ignoring the facts.

The dude hasn't been a legit star player in at least 5 years. He started going downhill at the age of 30 and this past season at age 34 was absolutely fucking pathetic for a "star player". There is no reason to attack others for simply questioning if Duncan coming off of the bench would be a better option for the Spurs at this point, because well... it would be.

It's fine if you keep it on the sensible level. If I asked "Should Kobe come off the bench next year" that would be really stupid. Your trolls are obvious, but it's you are easily beaten so you are like playing a video game with a cheat code (or so I've heard).

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:14 PM
To deny Duncan doesn't have a fork sticking outta his ass is foolish.
Ergo Duncan doesn't have a fork sticking out of his ass.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Ergo Duncan doesn't have a fork sticking out of his ass.

:rolleyes

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:17 PM
You said it, viejo.

Spurtacus
06-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Start Blair and Bonner. Do it Pop. Do it.

Venti Quattro
06-11-2011, 09:20 PM
lol jim dunan

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:20 PM
And Bench Tiago because he ran to the restroom during training camp.

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:22 PM
lol jim dunan

To be irrelevant = Laker fan on a Spurs forum talking shit about a Spurs player, after Lakers were swept out of the playoffs and neither team is currently playing, your coach quit and your team hired Mike Brown.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:23 PM
^ No. This is the NBA Forum.

BRHornet45
06-11-2011, 09:25 PM
It's fine if you keep it on the sensible level. If I asked "Should Kobe come off the bench next year" that would be really stupid. Your trolls are obvious, but it's you are easily beaten so you are like playing a video game with a cheat code (or so I've heard).

yea son it would be stupid to say "Should Kobe come off the bench next year" because Kobe, hate him all you want (and I do), but he is still one of the best players in the NBA. Duncan on the other hand can't even half ass score the ball anymore and struggles defensively as well. How the fuck can you even try and compare Duncan and Kobe at this point? do you SERIOUSLY believe that Duncan and Kobe are still on the same level? ... Duncan was never once in his career on Kobe's level to begin with.

Suggesting that Kobe should come off of the bench = fucking idiotic

Suggesting that Duncan should come off of the bench = Intelligent suggestion and best for the team

JJ Hickson
06-11-2011, 09:25 PM

And tongue his asshole.

Nathan89
06-11-2011, 09:26 PM
^ No. This is the NBA Forum.

Yes, the NBA Forum which is part of spurstalk.com

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Yes, the NBA Forum which is part of spurstalk.com

This is the NBA Forum.

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:29 PM
yea son it would be stupid to say "Should Kobe come off the bench next year" because Kobe, hate him all you want (and I do), but he is still one of the best players in the NBA. Duncan on the other hand can't even half ass score the ball anymore and struggles defensively as well. How the fuck can you even try and compare Duncan and Kobe at this point? do you SERIOUSLY believe that Duncan and Kobe are still on the same level? ... Duncan was never once in his career on Kobe's level to begin with.

Suggesting that Duncan should come off of the bench = Intelligent suggestion and best for the team

It doesn't matter who's the best in the NBA. The Spurs don't get to pick from the entire NBA roster. They have Duncan as their main big. You want to bench him and start who, Tiago? Really?

It's no wonder your team was repossessed by the NBA. You guys are too stupid to understand the game.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:30 PM
It's no wonder your team was repossessed by the NBA. You guys are too stupid to understand the game.

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:31 PM

Hey old man take a look at my life, I'm a lot like you were.

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:32 PM

:lol

Venti Quattro
06-11-2011, 09:32 PM
To be irrelevant = Laker fan on a Spurs forum talking shit about a Spurs player, after Lakers were swept out of the playoffs and neither team is currently playing, your coach quit and your team hired Mike Brown.

lol cuckolded by LA in 2008

lol cuckolded by dallas in 2009

lol skunked by phoenix in 2010

lol losing to an 8th seed in 2011

JJ Hickson
06-11-2011, 09:33 PM

It's true tbh

Cubby checks assholes

you tongue assholes

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:34 PM
It's true tbh

Cubby checks assholes

you tongue assholes
And you are an asshole

It takes all kinds.

BRHornet45
It doesn't matter who's the best in the NBA. The Spurs don't get to pick from the entire NBA roster. They have Duncan as their main big. You want to bench him and start who, Tiago? Really?

son the Spurs should limit Duncan's minutes to about 12 per game and let the younger guys get more minutes in his place. The they should unload Duncan by trading him at the deadline for younger talent. THAT would be the right thing to do for the team's future success. Duncan will be 35 years old with an expiring contract and will be easy to trade at the deadline.

DMC
lol cuckolded by LA in 2008

lol cuckolded by dallas in 2009

lol skunked by phoenix in 2010

lol losing to an 8th seed in 2011

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5296075

:lmao

Giuseppe
06-11-2011, 09:35 PM
And you are an asshole

It takes all kinds.

D, backin' the Cubby.

I God's. I ain't felt this luved since Swords layed the law down to the Ellis girl.

JJ Hickson
06-11-2011, 09:35 PM
And you are an asshole

It takes all kinds.

It's true. I am a male and I am an asshole.

Does that mean you want to stick your tongue inside me?

MiamiHeatNumba1
06-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Spurs should start him as long as they're willing to pay him. He's done too much for that city to ever come off the bench.

Now, if he were on another team, there would probably be an argument. I'm surprised more Spurs fans down here are jumping down your throat about this instead of just accepting that Duncan had an unusual decline this year. It seems almost unnatural, and the guy wasn't even injured unless I'm forgetting something. 34 (35 now) years old with 4 years of college ball isn't a crippling amount of time for someone his age.

Although I wouldn't bench him I would question what the Spurs front office knows that they aren't letting everyone else know. It's not every day that a 20-10 guy becomes close to a 10-10 guy, and especially not a superstar that didn't have an injury. I know his minutes were down a couple and his usage dropped, but really is that enough?

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:36 PM
son the Spurs should limit Duncan's minutes to about 12 per game and let the younger guys get more minutes in his place. The they should unload Duncan by trading him at the deadline for younger talent. THAT would be the right thing to do for the team's future success. Duncan will be 35 years old with an expiring contract and will be easy to trade at the deadline.
It might be the financially correct move for the short term, but it would ignore long term effects, much like how New Orleans ignored their levies and spent the money on the governor's mansion instead.

Engineering Major
06-11-2011, 09:38 PM
It's true tbh

Cubby checks assholes

you tongue assholes

Another troll on a Spurs forum:rolleyes

It's saturday night, what are you doing here?

I'm bitter, my kids have tuned me out, and my wife won't touch me. At least I have Spurstalk where I can act like the moral authority and crowbar my opinion into all arguments.

What's your excuse, kiddo?

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Spurs should start him as long as they're willing to pay him. He's done too much for that city to ever come off the bench.

Now, if he were on another team, there would probably be an argument. I'm surprised more Spurs fans down here are jumping down your throat about this instead of just accepting that Duncan had an unusual decline this year. It seems almost unnatural, and the guy wasn't even injured unless I'm forgetting something. 34 (35 now) years old with 4 years of college ball isn't a crippling amount of time for someone his age.

Although I wouldn't bench him I would question what the Spurs front office knows that they aren't letting everyone else know. It's not every day that a 20-10 guy becomes close to a 10-10 guy, and especially not a superstar that didn't have an injury. I know his minutes were down a couple and his usage dropped, but really is that enough?

You guys didn't watch until the playoffs it seems. The Spurs up tempo style offense was a shift from the normal inside out game. Duncan has thrived on low post play, but the shooters and slashers and fast breaks this year made it to where Duncan wasn't as needed to win games. He was being "saved" for the playoffs, only he got injured a few weeks prior and when Manu also went down, the game changed.

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Another troll on a Spurs forum:rolleyes

It's saturday night, what are you doing here?

I'm bitter, my kids have tuned me out, and my wife won't touch me. At least I have Spurstalk where I can act like the moral authority and crowbar my opinion into all arguments.

What's your excuse, kiddo?
Ah to get far enough up someone's ass that they create an account just for you.

Ghazi
06-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Duncan > David W:lolst , still

TE
06-11-2011, 09:44 PM
ahhhhhh another anti-Duncan BR thread

keep em comin

Venti Quattro
06-11-2011, 09:44 PM
lol ever comparing David West to Dirk :lol

JJ Hickson
06-11-2011, 09:45 PM

Your obsession with male anus is fucking disturbing.

Nathan89
06-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Duncan > David W:lolst , still

Son this is 100% truth. Only an idiot would disagree.

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Your obsession with male anus is fucking disturbing.
How's yours since, you know. ?

MiamiHeatNumba1
06-11-2011, 09:51 PM
You guys didn't watch until the playoffs it seems. The Spurs up tempo style offense was a shift from the normal inside out game. Duncan has thrived on low post play, but the shooters and slashers and fast breaks this year made it to where Duncan wasn't as needed to win games. He was being "saved" for the playoffs, only he got injured a few weeks prior and when Manu also went down, the game changed.

I watched enough of the gimmick ball although admittedly probably not more than a die-hard Spurs fan.

...but...

You're standing behind the idea that the Spurs changed their formula they've used over the Duncan era just for this season for the entire regular season just to shift back to Duncan ball for the playoffs? That the whole hidden agenda they had cooked up backfired because Duncan got injured?

So Duncan is in such a decline that the team shifted away from him? The arguably best PF to ever play the game had a golden decade and then is suddenly the franchises backup strategy?

As I said before this doesn't add up. Plenty of teams have kept their aging stars, made them the focus of the franchise in every game yet still gave them plenty of rest, and still managed to make a splash in the playoffs. I don't for one believe that the Spurs would have asked Duncan to ride the pine during one of his twilight years just for the sake of a few more regular season wins.

GLAAD Committee
06-11-2011, 09:52 PM

DMC,

We here at GLAAD have been watching you closely and notice tremendous potential. You've managed to inspire your very own troll, something lefty has done as well so you're in great company. Your posts paint a positive picture of your homosexuality--a message that America--no, the World needs to hear. We'd like to offer you a position as a Donor Services Intern. Just let us know when you can start and we'll send the paperwork right over.

Regards,

GLAAD Human Resources Dept.

http://gaygamer.net/images/glaad_logo.jpg

DMC
06-11-2011, 09:55 PM
DMC,

We here at GLAAD have been watching you closely and notice tremendous potential. You've managed to inspire your very own troll, something lefty has done as well so you're in great company. Your posts paint a positive picture of your homosexuality--a message that America--no, the World needs to hear. We'd like to offer you a position as a Donor Services Intern. Just let us know when you can start and we'll send the paperwork right over.

Regards,

GLAAD Human Resources Dept.

http://gaygamer.net/images/glaad_logo.jpg

Already a member, but thanks!

GLAAD Committee
06-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Already a member, but thanks!

Of course you're a member, but we're offering you a position, thilly!:p:

DMC
06-11-2011, 10:04 PM
I watched enough of the gimmick ball although admittedly probably not more than a die-hard Spurs fan.

...but...

You're standing behind the idea that the Spurs changed their formula they've used over the Duncan era just for this season for the entire regular season just to shift back to Duncan ball for the playoffs? That the whole hidden agenda they had cooked up backfired because Duncan got injured?

No. I am suggesting that, because of the injuries and how the team responded, they got into a hybrid form of their old and new styles of play. By then it had nothing to do with Duncan's season stats, but his stats had everything to do with the direction the team decided, in the off season, to go. That's not news to people who have followed the game.

So Duncan is in such a decline that the team shifted away from him? The arguably best PF to ever play the game had a golden decade and then is suddenly the franchises backup strategy?

Not a back up. They've always tried to limit his minutes. In years past, the team would do so so before the break, then go balls to the wall afterward. This year they didn't want to be fighting for that 8th spot and expend all that energy late. They had a few misfortunes late. Otherwise it was a decent season. Tim could still average a double double if he got the minutes, but the team would not win with it because they cannot get the stops. Look at the allowed points per game and compare that to the championship years.

As I said before this doesn't add up. Plenty of teams have kept their aging stars, made them the focus of the franchise in every game yet still gave them plenty of rest, and still managed to make a splash in the playoffs. I don't for one believe that the Spurs would have asked Duncan to ride the pine during one of his twilight years just for the sake of a few more regular season wins.
Name a few of these teams instead of saying "plenty". My guess is that there are many other factors that allow these "aging stars" to rest.

DMC
06-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Of course you're a member, but we're offering you a position, thilly!:p:
Are you therious? Oh this is exthiting and ab fab!

I need to shop for new shoeths.

MiamiHeatNumba1
06-12-2011, 07:38 AM
--- TL;DR scroll down ---

No. I am suggesting that, because of the injuries and how the team responded, they got into a hybrid form of their old and new styles of play. By then it had nothing to do with Duncan's season stats, but his stats had everything to do with the direction the team decided, in the off season, to go. That's not news to people who have followed the game.

Let's just take a step back for a moment. I would say anyone who doesn't read every off-season report on the Spurs has a very high chance of not knowing what you're talking about. I am curious though. I would love to read the article where Tim Duncan, Pop, or the organization admits that Timmy cannot be the centerpiece to a championship Spurs team anymore and the team is going to shift away from his style of offense in a manner that will have him producing the worst numbers of his career.

Not a back up. They've always tried to limit his minutes. In years past, the team would do so so before the break, then go balls to the wall afterward. This year they didn't want to be fighting for that 8th spot and expend all that energy late. They had a few misfortunes late. Otherwise it was a decent season. Tim could still average a double double if he got the minutes, but the team would not win with it because they cannot get the stops. Look at the allowed points per game and compare that to the championship years.

The regular season was very dominate, so are you back to the idea that they made Tim take a back seat to 'outscore the other team ball' because he couldn't anchor the franchise anymore or because the franchise wanted to dominate the regular season and pray that it translated into wins in the playoffs? If not for the injuries late in the season would they have changed it up to a Duncan-oriented team in the post season?

Name a few of these teams instead of saying "plenty". My guess is that there are many other factors that allow these "aging stars" to rest.

Of course there will be factors you can pick out. Namely... injuries... and... you guessed it -- the teams openly moving away from their aging star in hopes of rebuilding. Both of these I've brought up with the addition of suggesting that Timmy is going through an atypical decline (read: sudden with no obvious explanation), yet you seem to be against that either is the case with Tim Duncan.

I'll humor you though. Post-95 Rockets. They kept playing Hakeem ball until the wheels fell off. They did everything they could to bring in players that wouldn't take the playing style away from the player that brought the hardware to Houston. With the reemergence of Michael Jordan and the inability to get past the Jazz or the Supersonics they really had no chance, but they weren't giving up on their legendary big man even after his production began to dip. They seemed to do something very similar with Yao over the recent years too.

Post-2007 Pre-2011 San Antonio Spurs. You said it yourself, and I'm sure you know plenty about this era for this team. Even though the chance of making is past the Gasol fueled Lakers was slim the Spurs didn't turn away from Tim. He wasn't leading them to a championship, but who sits down the best player in franchise history and says "You know that thing the Suns were doing? We want to try something similar, sorry about going away from the Big Fundamental."

Not those guys.

Post-2008 Boston Celtics. This is probably one of the ones you were expecting. Three All-Stars (if you don't count the above Timmy, Parker, Ginobili pairing as a three All-Star lineup) that can buy the others some more rest because of the dominance in talent. The major focus here is what they did with Kevin Garnett who after his injury in the 08-09 season was never quite the same. They kept his minutes low, brought down his usage, he missed a lot of games, and he has a good list of reasons why his production fell off.

Despite all of this they still catered to the style that him, The Truth, and Ray Allen brought together. Even after the dismantling that was the Perkins trade these three still played their game. Nobody in the organization suddenly overhauled the approach to basketball.

I could go on, but I think the point has been made. Injuries happen, age happens, players decline, and ball clubs go in new directions.

So let's step back again and return to the original point.

What happened? Injury to Tim Duncan, a sudden unexplainable (or perhaps explainable but kept under wraps) decline that had the franchise moving away from Duncan ball, or a franchise that purposely asked the best player they will probably ever have to take a seat and let the regular season wins stack up?

If the 1994-1995 Chicago Bulls couldn't switch gears from Pippen to Jordan ball and pull off a ring then what makes anyone think that the Spurs could suddenly go from gimmick to Duncan ball right before the playoffs and make a run for it?

--- TL;DR start here ---

I guess what it all boils down to is this: Tim Duncan had a horrible season for a 34 year old oft labeled Top 10 player that didn't have a career altering injury nor a history of major injuries. His knees couldn't have given out that suddenly, or did they? We're talking about a season where people years from now will pull up the stat sheets until the end of the NBA and go 'that one' when talking about where he fell off. It's to the point where I read die-hard Spur fans talking about a possible retirement. It was a tarnish on his legacy, albeit not an altering tarnish, but it's still there. If he can't produce at an All-Star level anymore, why not? If he can, then why did the franchise turn away from him and/or ask him to perform at such a subpar level (at least when talking about Duncan) that it opens the doors for every critic out there to question his legitimacy.

Something has to give.

100%duncan
06-12-2011, 07:55 AM
I don't know but I'm sure he can still cuckold your wife

DMC
06-12-2011, 10:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CccDTN6QVRg

Here's a good interview that explains some of it.

I will respond at length in a few days.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Duncan should just retire, but he won't

BRHornet45
06-12-2011, 11:29 AM
I just don't want to see Duncan continue to degrade himself and tarnish his legacy by playing way past his prime. I mean just look at how pathetic Shaq has been in the last few years... Duncan is already there as well. He should have hung it up before last season or maybe even two seasons ago to be honest.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-12-2011, 11:33 AM
I just don't want to see Duncan continue to degrade himself and tarnish his legacy by playing way past his prime. I mean just look at how pathetic Shaq has been in the last few years... Duncan is already there as well. He should have hung it up before last season or maybe even two seasons ago to be honest.

My nigga! God Bless you and your family son

Giuseppe
06-12-2011, 11:54 AM
I just don't want to see Duncan continue to degrade himself and tarnish his legacy by playing way past his prime.

Much too late. Duncan is nothing more than a check casher now.

Hoops Czar
06-12-2011, 12:12 PM
sons I know many of you may automatically think that I am trying to bash Duncan with this thread, but REAL TALK should the Spurs consider bringing him off the bench next season? I think he made it crystal clear this season that he is no longer a legit NBA starter that can give a reasonable amount of quality minutes. I mean hell he only averaged 28 minutes per game this season and started getting winded within a few minutes each time he came in. I believe that Duncan would be more effective for the Spurs if he came off of the bench and was only given maybe 8-12 minutes of playing time per game. Bring him in a few times each game for 2-4 minutes at a time before he gets winded and he could still be effective.

Son, none of your questions are serious. Duncan's better than both Splitter and Bonner combined so that at least makes him a starter by default. He's also the Spurs best and ONLY defensive option in the paint.

easy7
06-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Are you out of your fucking mind? Just saying...

pass1st
06-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Save him for the 4th quarter, he's still good when there's gas in the tank

Giuseppe
06-12-2011, 01:43 PM
He was toast once the double teams ceased. It changed the whole offensive concept, shooting angles, shot opportunities for the entire team.

Their sweet spots had to be freshly ordained & conducted. That process hasn't even begun because Pop is pigheaded & in denial.

BRHornet45
06-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Save him for the 4th quarter, he's still good when there's gas in the tank

Son kinda like how they were only playing him a lousy 28 minutes per game in order to save him for the playoffs? Well we all saw how that worked out. When do the excuses stop? The Spurs seriously need to consider bringing him off the bench and unloading him at the deadline for younger talent if they care anything about the future of their team.

ohmwrecker
06-12-2011, 02:20 PM
lol Hornets

BRHornet45
06-12-2011, 02:23 PM
lol Hornets

Son without or team leader we still took the Lakers to 6 games. WITH your team leader y'all got anally raped by an 8th seed team. Lol

ohmwrecker
06-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Son without or team leader we still took the Lakers to 6 games. WITH your team leader y'all got anally raped by an 8th seed team. Lol

Your team sucks. Always has, always will. Ain't won nothin'. Ain't gon' win nothin'. Best player is a sissy. :lmao

Venti Quattro
06-12-2011, 02:32 PM
BRHornet you make good points but Duncan has his way with the Spurs albeit passively.

Nathan89
06-12-2011, 02:35 PM
BRHornet you make good points but Duncan has his way with the Spurs albeit passively.

:lmao

DJ Mbenga
06-12-2011, 03:12 PM

:lol its tough to counter that point

ohmwrecker
06-12-2011, 04:55 PM
:lol its tough to counter that point

The Lakers were shittier than the Grizzlies. :lol How 'bout that for a counterpoint?

Giuseppe
06-12-2011, 05:52 PM
the lakers were shittier than the grizzlies. :lol how 'bout that for a counterpoint?

Nick Manning
06-12-2011, 05:56 PM
The Lakers were shittier than the Grizzlies. :lol How 'bout that for a counterpoint?

Pure conjecture

Killakobe81
06-12-2011, 06:01 PM

LOL pick on Kobe ...not duncan. Nathan, you are better than that ...

BRHornet45
08-19-2011, 02:28 AM
real talk ... the Spurs need to play Duncan off the bench and then unload him and his ridiculous contract at the trade deadline after the All Star game for younger talent. they won't get much, but even a 2nd round pick would be a plus.

LkrFan
08-19-2011, 03:25 AM
at 34 years of age ...

Brrrr! That's cold!! :lmao

LkrFan
08-19-2011, 03:29 AM
son you do have a point with that regarding this thread, Duncan probably should have came off of the bench this season now that I think about it. Hell the Spurs would have probably gotten out of the first round if Duncan wasn't clogging up bullshit minutes.

LkrFan
08-19-2011, 03:30 AM

LkrFan
08-19-2011, 03:37 AM

Not that PER is a good stat to begin with, but would his PER even sniff 14 if he played 35 mpg? The answer is HELL NO so get that PER crap out of here. Anyone can look good for a few minutes a game. :lol

BRHornet45
08-19-2011, 02:25 PM
I mean sons this is truly REAL TALK and not meant to bash Duncan or the Spurs, but the truth is the truth. You can't keep hanging on to a player because of something that he accomplished 6+ years ago. Duncan started falling off about 5 years ago and hasn't been a legit threat since the 2006-07 season. The last two seasons have been a complete and utter joke and Duncan has completely embarrassed himself showing that at the young ages of 32-34 he can barely run up and down the court anymore.

Spur fan ... build the man a statue, give him a nice wrist watch, and send his overpaid ass out of San Antonio and start rebuilding. the truth is the truth.

Killakobe81
08-19-2011, 02:51 PM
I mean sons this is truly REAL TALK and not meant to bash Duncan or the Spurs, but the truth is the truth. You can't keep hanging on to a player because of something that he accomplished 6+ years ago. Duncan started falling off about 5 years ago and hasn't been a legit threat since the 2006-07 season. The last two seasons have been a complete and utter joke and Duncan has completely embarrassed himself showing that at the young ages of 32-34 he can barely run up and down the court anymore.

Spur fan ... build the man a statue, give him a nice wrist watch, and send his overpaid ass out of San Antonio and start rebuilding. the truth is the truth.

Offly harsh, and from a biased source, but BR makes the point (though he exaggerates_ that is why Kobe's career>Duncan's ...

Yes, Kobe declining too, but not as steep, not even close.

pass1st
08-19-2011, 03:05 PM

Real talk, teams will never give up on their favorite players. Even if it costs them everything, they are too stupid to throw them on the bench. Look at LAL still starting cueball fisher.

lefty
08-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Duncan is done

He is on old shit tired dirt bag

LkrFan
08-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Real talk, teams will never give up on their favorite players. Even if it costs them everything, they are too stupid to throw them on the bench. Look at LAL still starting cueball fisher.

J_Paco
08-19-2011, 10:09 PM

And rebuild to what the fucking first-round fodder New Orleans Hornets?? I can accept bullshit from a Laker, Rocket or (now) even a Maverick fan, but a fan of the fucking Hornets trying to shit on the greatest power forward ever? Duncan has continued to decline because a) he has two bad knees, b) the offense was ran through him exclusively for too long a period of time and c) the best front court teammate he's had since Robinson retired is Robert Horry. And I really could have envisioned either Charles Barkley (undersized) or Karl Malone (choker) up-ending the Kobe-Shaq led Los Angeles Laker team of '03, but Duncan actually did win that year and 3 more years, while Barkley and Malone retired ringless.

He'll never be the Tim Duncan of 2003-2007, but he's still a solid rebounder, great interior defender and best big man on the Spurs. Their run as a championship contender maybe over but I'd rather they keep the core together and continue to try and build around them. We may never see a period like this again for the Spurs, so why give up because a bunch of people online say so. Also, even at his declining rate Duncan is 10x the player that David West will ever be and Garnett (Duncan's peer) has declined at just as quickly a pace - if not quicker - as Duncan.

A bum that plays no defense and has never averaged double-digit rebounds - David West career best 8.9 per game is the same as Duncan this past season - is your team's "leader"??? No wonder your team's biggest accomplishment was losing in 7 games to the Spurs in your own crib. Start spouting off when your boy win a couple MVP trophies, All-NBA selections and stops being a human turnstile on defense.

BRHornet45
08-19-2011, 11:08 PM
And rebuild to what the fucking first-round fodder New Orleans Hornets??

umm son ... in case you forgot, this isn't 2003 anymore. the Spurs got curb stomped out of the first round by a fucking 8th seed this year and the Hornets took the Lakers to 6 games without team leader David West so you have absolutely no room to talk. just shut your bitch ass up boy.

ElNono
08-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Son, at least we still have an owner. Real talk.

BRHornet45
08-19-2011, 11:11 PM
And rebuild to what the fucking first-round fodder New Orleans Hornets?? I can accept bullshit from a Laker, Rocket or (now) even a Maverick fan, but a fan of the fucking Hornets trying to shit on the greatest power forward ever? Duncan has continued to decline because a) he has two bad knees, b) the offense was ran through him exclusively for too long a period of time and c) the best front court teammate he's had since Robinson retired is Robert Horry. And I really could have envisioned either Charles Barkley (undersized) or Karl Malone (choker) up-ending the Kobe-Shaq led Los Angeles Laker team of '03, but Duncan actually did win that year and 3 more years, while Barkley and Malone retired ringless.

He'll never be the Tim Duncan of 2003-2007, but he's still a solid rebounder, great interior defender and best big man on the Spurs. Their run as a championship contender maybe over but I'd rather they keep the core together and continue to try and build around them. We may never see a period like this again for the Spurs, so why give up because a bunch of people online say so. Also, even at his declining rate Duncan is 10x the player that David West will ever be and Garnett (Duncan's peer) has declined at just as quickly a pace - if not quicker - as Duncan.

A bum that plays no defense and has never averaged double-digit rebounds - David West career best 8.9 per game is the same as Duncan this past season - is your team's "leader"??? No wonder your team's biggest accomplishment was losing in 7 games to the Spurs in your own crib. Start spouting off when your boy win a couple MVP trophies, All-NBA selections and stops being a human turnstile on defense.

real talk though ... why u so mad though? is it because you know that the truth is the truth and Duncan needs to go in order for the Spurs to have success in the near future? I think so ... LMAO at you considering him "the greatest power forward of all time" though ... it just goes to show you how ignorant some Spur fans can be. yea lets crown the guy who was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time and blessed with defensively stacked teams and hall of fame coaching his entire career. Duncan IN HIS PRIME was great, but LMAO at "greatest of all time" ... fucking moron

BRHornet45
08-19-2011, 11:18 PM

lol son that was real talk no doubt

but even funnier is the only comeback Spur fans have is to bash the Hornets and that is because deep down all of you know the truth about Duncan. he was badass for 4 or 5 seasons and that is it. he is hands down the most overrated player the NBA has seen in the last 20 years.

ElNono
08-19-2011, 11:21 PM
lol son that was real talk no doubt

but even funnier is the only comeback Spur fans have is to bash the Hornets and that is because deep down all of you know the truth about Duncan. he was badass for 4 or 5 seasons and that is it. he is hands down the most overrated player the NBA has seen in the last 20 years.

Jim is a tired old shitbag on a farewell tour... no doubt about it. At least he has 4 LOBs to tour with though.

BRHornet45
08-19-2011, 11:25 PM
Jim is a tired old shitbag on a farewell tour... no doubt about it. At least he has 4 LOBs to tour with though.

well only 2 of them are something to be proud of, but still though 2 is good.

2003 and 2005 are the only legit championships

1999 *
2007*

ElNono
08-19-2011, 11:27 PM
well only 2 of them are something to be proud of, but still though 2 is good.

2003 and 2005 are the only legit championships

why u mad Jim has 4?

They're all legit, you can go check them out next time you need to evacuate your home, tbh.

BRHornet45
08-19-2011, 11:33 PM
why u mad Jim has 4?

They're all legit, you can go check them out next time you need to evacuate your home, tbh.

lol bragging about the 1999 NBA exhibition season

ElNono
08-19-2011, 11:39 PM
lol son, you wish Capt West had an exhibition season to brag about

J_Paco
08-20-2011, 03:30 PM
umm son ... in case you forgot, this isn't 2003 anymore. the Spurs got curb stomped out of the first round by a fucking 8th seed this year and the Hornets took the Lakers to 6 games without team leader David West so you have absolutely no room to talk. just shut your bitch ass up boy.

Please, your team still lost in the first round and has never done anything. Timmy might be getting old, but he's still better than anyone on New Orleans not named Chris Paul. I also like how you ignored the fact that your team's "leader" has never even averaged 10 boards a night - his career high is 8.9 - and plays no absolute defense. Get back to me when New Orleans wins a title or team "leader" David West accomplishes something past an (undeserved) all-star berth.

real talk though ... why u so mad though? is it because you know that the truth is the truth and Duncan needs to go in order for the Spurs to have success in the near future? I think so ... LMAO at you considering him "the greatest power forward of all time" though ... it just goes to show you how ignorant some Spur fans can be. yea lets crown the guy who was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time and blessed with defensively stacked teams and hall of fame coaching his entire career. Duncan IN HIS PRIME was great, but LMAO at "greatest of all time" ... fucking moron

Blah, blah, blah from a fan (troll) of a team that has never won shit. Duncan has done more in 15 years than your favorite team has done in 20+. I know it's past your mental capacity (son, yo), but bring some solid facts and proof behind your mindless opinion. Otherwise, everything you type remains horseshit and meaningless to debate, son.

Texas_Ranger
08-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Yea lets start Matt Bonner guys!!!

lol Hornets :lol

BRHornet45
08-20-2011, 06:25 PM
lol a "legend" putting up 13 and 8 and struggling to get up and down the floor at the young age of 34 years old. Malone and Barkley own this overrated, giraffe looking clown.

BRHornet45
08-20-2011, 06:26 PM
but then again to Spur fans ALL that matters is rings. that is why they consider Horry one of the greatest of all time.

DMC
08-20-2011, 06:29 PM
but then again to Spur fans ALL that matters is rings. that is why they consider Horry one of the greatest of all time.
The opposite is true. We use Horry as the great "ya but" card when someone argues greatness of player based purely on rings.

DMC
08-20-2011, 06:31 PM
lol bragging about the 1999 NBA exhibition season
lol wanted by no city, even OKC rejected you and went on to make it to the WCF. What has your team done?

lol Turasi

Roger Freemason Jr.
08-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Even if age caught up quicker to Duncan, he still is the best power forward to ever play the game, & it's not even up for debate, you can throw out names like Pettit, Malone and Garnett, but still.. ask any expert, and their answer is Duncan by a mile.

I do agree that he has gotten slower, and lost some touch, but his defense is still alot better than 80% of the big men in the league, and he even distributes the ball intelligently. He's a hero, but he is descending gracefully, contrary to troll belief. ;]

BRHornet45
08-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Duncan is not #1 and not even close. anyone who answers that Duncan is the greatest PF ever is just completely ignorant and idiotic. that's like saying that Kobe is the greatest SG of all time. just pure stupidity.

Sigz
08-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Duncan = GOAT PF

Roger Freemason Jr.
08-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Actually no, Duncan is without a doubt the best PF, that's been acknowledged by analysts, journalists, commentators, other power forwards, and even Bill Russel. Now how you gonna act?

Deuce Bigalow
08-20-2011, 10:55 PM
^
lol, like the name

Deuce Bigalow
08-20-2011, 11:10 PM
lol a "legend" putting up 13 and 8 and struggling to get up and down the floor at the young age of 34 years old. Malone and Barkley own this overrated, giraffe looking clown.

BRHornet45
08-22-2011, 12:07 AM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/3e5/a9a/b1c/resized/pawn-stars-meme-generator-you-want-to-trade-tim-duncan-for-store-credit-no-way-bro-i-have-to-make-a-profit-20-bucks-cash-c51196.jpg

Leetonidas
08-22-2011, 12:22 AM
>>mfw seeing this thread at 7 pages
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/923-facepalm.gif

TE
08-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Son you wish you could have Timmy over that overrated piece of shit West.

Venti Quattro
08-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Duncan will never come off the bench because (1) the Spurs owe it to him to start him every game if he wants to, and (2) they simply can't, because the Spurs don't have that depth to make him come off the bench.

joshdaboss
08-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Ridiculous contentions everywhere. Duncan could put up 20 and 10 if he was given the ball enough and given the playing time. Didn't he also average 2BPG last season? Add onto that he's one of the best passing big men in the league, and your trolling is poor.

LkrFan
09-24-2011, 05:47 AM
*** Bump ***

Great thread son. :downspin:

LkrFan
09-24-2011, 05:54 AM

LkrFan
09-24-2011, 06:01 AM

:wow Bravo BR. Bravo!! :toast

LkrFan
09-24-2011, 06:02 AM

LkrFan
09-24-2011, 06:16 AM

Even dog's have owners. What's your point? :lol

LkrFan
09-24-2011, 06:19 AM
why u mad Jim has 4?

That's so wrong on so many levels, but funny. :lol

LkrFan
09-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Duncan is not #1 and not even close. anyone who answers that Duncan is the greatest PF ever is just completely ignorant and idiotic. that's like saying that Kobe is the greatest SG of all time. just pure stupidity.
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/9/23/128982109072504674.jpg

fevertrees
09-24-2011, 06:29 AM
I love how Spurs fans try to make themselves feel better by comparing their team to the NBA redheaded stepchild Hornets. For such a classy and championship caliber city, why pick on the retarded kid in the playground?

BRHornet45
12-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Sons like I said before if possible the Spurs should unload Duncan for whatever they can get at this point. I know that it would be a tough and emotional decision, but it would be best for the team. Over the last 3 seasons Duncan has been nothing more than a glorified Greg Ostertag who struggles to get up and down the floor all the while eating up huge amounts of salary space.

Look... build the guy a silly statue, give him a nice watch, and send his ass packing.

Giuseppe
12-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Sons like I said before if possible the Spurs should unload Duncan for whatever they can get at this point. I know that it would be a tough and emotional decision, but it would be best for the team. Over the last 3 seasons Duncan has been nothing more than a glorified Greg Ostertag who struggles to get up and down the floor all the while eating up huge amounts of salary space.

Look... build the guy a silly statue, give him a nice watch, and send his ass packing.

Only a fuckin' animal would do that, BR.

fevertrees
12-23-2011, 06:27 PM
$21,300,000 for 13 and 9 lol :lol :lmao

BRHornet45
12-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Actually it was 13 and 8 lol

This season will be even worse. I'm thinking 10 and 7

Giuseppe
12-23-2011, 06:43 PM
$21,300,000 for 13 and 9 lol :lol :lmao

No. That money was for the 4.

That never ends.