PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor plays basketball at 2am

Spurtacus
06-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Our neighbors kids like to go outside at 2-3am and play basketball. This is extremely annoying when you are trying to sleep. What should I do? What is the law exactly? I live in Austin btw.

Spurtacus
06-12-2011, 09:01 PM
you should go fuck yourself. kids will be kids.

austin, btw, is a sissy liberal shelter so talk to your liberal fucktard neighbors and ask them if they can stop being morons and keep their asshole kids in check

These kids are underage drinking and smoking too. Their dad probably doesn't give a shit which is whey they do this shit at 2am. I'm wondering if their noise, their nuisance, is against the law in Austin/Texas and what I can do about it.

I'm actually looking for advice. The whole "fuck yourself" comment and so forth is fucking retarded. Welcome to my ignore list you fucking fag.

thispego
06-12-2011, 09:07 PM
don't know the laws on that, if they are within their rights, get noise dampening windows. you a light sleeper brah?

thispego
06-12-2011, 09:08 PM
if they are underage drinking, call the cops on them.

Spurtacus
06-12-2011, 09:27 PM
don't know the laws on that, if they are within their rights, get noise dampening windows. you a light sleeper brah?

Me, a bit. My brother, definitely.

thispego
06-12-2011, 09:39 PM
talk to your neighbors first. that's always the best idea is be civil and let your neighbors know what your problem is. maybe they don't web realize they are bothering anyone, when you bring it to their attention, maybe they'll apologize and cease.

Spurtacus
06-12-2011, 09:42 PM
talk to your neighbors first. that's always the best idea is be civil and let your neighbors know what your problem is. maybe they don't web realize they are bothering anyone, when you bring it to their attention, maybe they'll apologize and cease.

Next time they do it I will approach them in this manner. However, I firmly believe it won't deter them from their late night activities. These are kids afterall. Thanks for the advice.

thispego
06-12-2011, 09:50 PM
go over there during the day, why wait until 2am when they do it again? have you ever had neighbors before?

Spurtacus
06-12-2011, 09:54 PM
go over there during the day, why wait until 2am when they do it again? have you ever had neighbors before?

Yes, but we've never had any problems with our neighbors or even crime in the neighboorhood. These are recent renters.

mouse
06-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Any type of activity outside around 2AM during the work week is not only inconsiderate, but against the law. That's the reason why clubs and many business's have to shut down, they are a certain distance to a neighborhood.

I would try two things. See if the Neighbor will do a schedule Monday no ball Tuesday game on....

or call the police and say you heard a gun shot, or someone fighting at a certain address. After the cops show up a few times they will get the hint.

I'm sure if there was no laws about loud noise after 11pm many construction company's would work though the night remolding homes in the area.

Before any of you tree hugging taint sniffers get your wall-mart boxers in a bunch spend a week sleeping at this persons house and get up to go to work and see how you feel.

if not?...........then try these......

http://www.christinecolumbus.com/images/products/E031.jpg

mouse
06-12-2011, 10:10 PM
http://real-estate.lawyers.com/Neighbors-and-Pets/Noisy-Neighbors.html

thispego
06-12-2011, 10:17 PM
Yes, but we've never had any problems with our neighbors or even crime in the neighboorhood. These are recent renters.

what i mean, it is healthy to have an open line of communication with neighbors. if I was bothering my neighbor by doing something I'd rather they tell me about it before they called the police.

ohmwrecker
06-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Man up and talk to your neighbor, or continue to be a sleepy pussy.

Spurtacus
06-12-2011, 10:29 PM
I will have a talk with their dad. Something tells me it won't get anything done though. Afterall we are talking about the kids he raised so its obvious from their actions at 2am (playing bball, being loud, drinking & smoking) that they haven't been raised properly. This more than likely comes from the father.

symple19
06-13-2011, 03:14 AM
An RPG would be your best option

CubanSucks
06-13-2011, 05:03 AM
you should go fuck yourself. kids will be kids.

austin, btw, is a sissy liberal shelter so talk to your liberal fucktard neighbors and ask them if they can stop being morons and keep their asshole kids in check

who cares? this is a dumb ass question.
let em drink let em play ball
they are not harming anyone!!!

self hating liberal and you don't even know it. You bash Austin for being a liberal shelter while spewing "kids will be kids" and "they're not harming anyone" free spirit bullshit nonsense.

If I can't sleep then it's fucking harming me. I would call the cops without hesitation. That's if you don't wanna confront them first. You shouldn't feel bad if you just wanna skip to calling 911 though. These fucking morons should know better

vato loco
06-13-2011, 05:28 AM
somehwere out there there are lil homies that could've grown up to be the next MJ or Kobe but didn't bc of bitches like u that complained when they were working on there game

mind ur own fkn business or buy earplugs

Bukefal
06-13-2011, 05:39 AM
I will have a talk with their dad. Something tells me it won't get anything done though. Afterall we are talking about the kids he raised so its obvious from their actions at 2am (playing bball, being loud, drinking & smoking) that they haven't been raised properly. This more than likely comes from the father.

Man, you shouldnt be thinking about whether it comes from their father or whether he raised them properly or not. Why do you care? That's not your problem.

Just go talk to them and politely tell them to stop because normal people like to sleep at night.

Gutter92
06-13-2011, 07:07 AM
I think what's being overlooked here is that you're sleeping with your brother?

thispego
06-13-2011, 08:15 AM

:lmao

DMX7
06-13-2011, 08:15 AM
mouse2moose is a complete dipshit. the worse troll on this forum.

thispego
06-13-2011, 08:16 AM
self hating liberal and you don't even know it. You bash Austin for being a liberal shelter while spewing "kids will be kids" and "they're not harming anyone" free spirit bullshit nonsense.

If I can't sleep then it's fucking harming me. I would call the cops without hesitation. That's if you don't wanna confront them first. You shouldn't feel bad if you just wanna skip to calling 911 though. These fucking morons should know better

that's some real pussy advice cubansucks. you should never tattle on your neighbor without first giving them the option to do right and be a good neighbor.

Blake
06-13-2011, 08:43 AM
that's some real pussy advice cubansucks. you should never tattle on your neighbor without first giving them the option to do right and be a good neighbor.

Neh, I'd just call the cops non-emergency line and let them be the ones to give them the option to do right.

Vici
06-13-2011, 09:57 AM
Do what Blake said then call the landlord.

CosmicCowboy
06-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Don't say a word, just grab your 9, walk out there in your underoos and shoot the ball out of the air. They will get the message.

ashbeeigh
06-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Is there an HOA? Is it against the HOA rules? Check that kind of stuff. If not man up and talk to the parents. They probably have no idea. If that doesn't work then call the landlord. This isn't a type of complaint that the police will respond to quickly... in any city.

Blake
06-13-2011, 10:20 AM
Don't say a word, just grab your 9, walk out there in your underoos and shoot the ball out of the air. They will get the message.

when the cops throw you down and cuff you, at least you'll know who it was that complained on you

Blake
06-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Is there an HOA? Is it against the HOA rules? Check that kind of stuff. If not man up and talk to the parents. They probably have no idea. If that doesn't work then call the landlord. This isn't a type of complaint that the police will respond to quickly... in any city.

lol

cops will be out in a few hours at the worst.

HOAs will send out a notice that arrives in several days at the best.

BlackSwordsMan
06-13-2011, 10:30 AM
buy them an xbox and maybe they will stop

cheguevara
06-13-2011, 10:34 AM
you live in a shitty neighborhood

Spurminator
06-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Back when I was in high school a cop was called on us at around 10pm when we were playing basketball at the neighborhood park near some houses, and we had to stop.

You should also get a white noise maker of some kind for your bedroom to drown out outside noises. I never sleep without one.

ashbeeigh
06-13-2011, 10:44 AM
lol

cops will be out in a few hours at the worst.

HOAs will send out a notice that arrives in several days at the best.

It was only a suggestion.

Blake
06-13-2011, 10:57 AM
It was only a suggestion.

I think HOAs are for the most part worthless when it comes to rule enforcement, so it was a funny suggestion to me.

The notion of calling an HOA at 2am because they might be faster than cops also sounded funny.

ashbeeigh
06-13-2011, 11:08 AM
I think HOAs are for the most part worthless when it comes to rule enforcement, so it was a funny suggestion to me.

The notion of calling an HOA at 2am because they might be faster than cops also sounded funny.

Did I say call them at 2am? No. Call them today, now, during the day. Explain the situation. Whatever. Check the bylaws see what the deal is with noise.

coyotes_geek
06-13-2011, 11:15 AM
The only thing an HOA can do is send a nasty letter. Fine for people who aren't looking to confront a neighbor directly.

Blake
06-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Did I say call them at 2am? No.

No prob.

Just curious, how long do you think it would take for cops to respond to a noise complaint coming in at 2am?

mrsmaalox
06-13-2011, 11:23 AM
I called my HOA about a similar problem a few years ago (it wasn't in Texas). Their only help was to advise me to "feel free to call the police" :lol

Blake
06-13-2011, 11:36 AM
I called my HOA about a similar problem a few years ago (it wasn't in Texas). Their only help was to advise me to "feel free to call the police" :lol

Forced HOA membership/dues in deed restrictions is a huge scam that nobody really complains about but should, imo.

scott
06-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Be a man. Walk out there and challenge them to a pick-up game. Winner owns the court.

Watch American History X a few times beforehand so you know how to do it properly.

MannyIsGod
06-13-2011, 11:59 AM

You've obviously not had much experience with HOAs. They're far from worthless with rule enforcement which is why they suck so fucking much.

MannyIsGod
06-13-2011, 12:00 PM
The only thing an HOA can do is send a nasty letter. Fine for people who aren't looking to confront a neighbor directly.

Man you guys must deal with the best HOAs ever. Or at least the most toothless (which are the best imo).

MannyIsGod
06-13-2011, 12:01 PM

Wow wtf. Nevermind then. Maybe I'm the one who's just dealt with HOAs that fine the shit out of their members if they do anything wrong.

MannyIsGod
06-13-2011, 12:03 PM
Oh and I totally agree that you're not only a pussy but an asshole if you go straight to the cops and don't talk to them first. If I was playing basketball at 2am (and when I was a teen this wasn't rare) I would stop if you were my neighbor and you said it was bothering you. If you sent over the cops, I would stop too, but there would be ill will.

They might just not know its bothering you. Give them a chance to be a good neighbor by being a good neighbor.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-13-2011, 12:04 PM
We used to setup lights on the roof of the house and play until about midnight every evening during the summer at my house. The neighbors didn't complain (although in retrospect they should have).

I'd try and be cordial in asking them to shut the game down early, otherwise expect your stuff to be "mysteriously" vandalized.

These kids must not be ballers. Someone needs to explain to them that smoking weed enhances your basketball skills...not alcohol. Friends don't let friends drink and ball.

ashbeeigh
06-13-2011, 12:11 PM
You've obviously not had much experience with HOAs. They're far from worthless with rule enforcement which is why they suck so fucking much.

Manny agreeing with me? :wtf

MannyIsGod
06-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Yeah but I learned my lesson. I agreed with you and it turns out we're likely wrong. Ergo, never agree with Ashbeigh.

ashbeeigh
06-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah but I learned my lesson. I agreed with you and it turns out we're likely wrong. Ergo, never agree with Ashbeigh.

:lol

But I think we're both likely thinking of the same types of monstrous San Antonio HOAs that will ban solar panels, flags in the front yard on the 4th of July and check your backyard to ensure your storage shed isn't 2 feet too tall. Those aren't the HOAs everyone else is thinking of.

RandomGuy
06-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Our neighbors kids like to go outside at 2-3am and play basketball. This is extremely annoying when you are trying to sleep. What should I do? What is the law exactly? I live in Austin btw.

Call the police. It is disturbing the peace at 2am, to my knowledge.

coyotes_geek
06-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Man you guys must deal with the best HOAs ever. Or at least the most toothless (which are the best imo).

My wife & I had to deal with a similar issue and our HOA was pretty damn toothless. We had to go to our HOA to complain about noisy neighbors and they just told us that without them personally witnessing the violation all they could do was write warning letters. They weren't going to send someone out at 2 in the morning to verify, so we were pretty much screwed.

RandomGuy
06-13-2011, 12:34 PM
who cares? this is a dumb ass question.
let em drink let em play ball
they are not harming anyone!!!

If they are keeping the neighbors from sleeping, they are most definitely harming them.

After 10:30pm, the right to a good nights sleep trumps some punk ass kids' right to play basketball.

§ 9-2-3 GENERAL RESTRICTIONS.
A person may not:

(1) make noise or use sound equipment in public between 10:30 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.;

(2) use or permit the use of sound equipment at a business in excess of the decibel limits prescribed by this chapter;

(3) make noise or play a musical instrument audible to an adjacent business or residence between 10:30 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.;

(4) operate a machine that separates, gathers, grades, loads, or unloads sand, rock, or gravel within 600 feet of a residence, church, hospital, hotel, or motel between 7:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., except for the installation of concrete as authorized under Section 9-2-15 (Permit for Concrete Installation During Non-Peak Hour Periods); or

(5) operate sound equipment in a vehicle audible or causing a vibration 30 feet from the equipment.

(6) operate sound equipment in a watercraft audible or causing a vibration 100 feet from the equipment.

Source: 1992 Code Section 10-5-3; Ord. 031023-13; Ord. 031211-11; Ord. 20080618-036; Ord. 20091105-026.

http://www.amlegal.com/austin_nxt/gateway.dll/Texas/austin/title9prohibitedactivities?fn=altmain-nf.htm$f=templates$3.0

Most cities have similar ordinances.

Blake
06-13-2011, 12:35 PM

Honestly I have, but you are right though in the sense that it depends on the rule and the association management.

In many cases they play middle man and refer complaints to local law enforcement.

RandomGuy
06-13-2011, 12:35 PM
My wife & I had to deal with a similar issue and our HOA was pretty damn toothless. We had to go to our HOA to complain about noisy neighbors and they just told us that without them personally witnessing the violation all they could do was write warning letters. They weren't going to send someone out at 2 in the morning to verify, so we were pretty much screwed.

You say that as if there is no such thing as a video camera. :D

mrsmaalox
06-13-2011, 12:38 PM
The subdivision I live in here in SA has by far the most "hands on" HOA I've experienced. My personal experience with them, and most of the neighbors I've discussed them with, is that they are very good at enforcing their own agenda only. When they send out their spies to do a random sweep of trashcans left out on trashday, the threatening letters go out that day; does anything come of it, I don't know. Once a year or so they send out the round of "fence in disrepair" notices---most of them get fixed right away, but there are some ratty fences that I know haven't been touched in YEARS and stay that way.

I have a roughly 3x3 area of persistently dead grass on the driveway side of my house; I suspect there is cement or concrete dumped underneath. About 6 yrs ago I got a threatening letter about it in January. I called my yard guy and told him to do whatever he needed to fix it, money was no object as I wanted these clowns off my back. He literally laughed in my face and said "It's winter---nothing will grow, tell them to eff off". So I took no action, did absolutely nothing about it, and have never heard anything to this day and the grass looks exactly the same!

But when my neighbor, and good friend, was trying to deal with a serious situation that violated the bylaws, it took 2 weeks of trying before they even returned a call, and 2 certified letters, for them to say "we'll look into it"; then 6 months later they informed her she needed to get an attorney because they couldn't do anything. TOOTHLESS. They only care to collect dues and maintain entrance landscaping :rolleyes

RandomGuy
06-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Oh and I totally agree that you're not only a pussy but an asshole if you go straight to the cops and don't talk to them first. If I was playing basketball at 2am (and when I was a teen this wasn't rare) I would stop if you were my neighbor and you said it was bothering you. If you sent over the cops, I would stop too, but there would be ill will.

They might just not know its bothering you. Give them a chance to be a good neighbor by being a good neighbor.

The drawback to that is if they ignore you and do it anyways, they know exactly who it was that called the cops, if they force you to go that route.

I agree and think one should do talk to them first anyways, but to each his / her own.

The police may take a while to respond, but they will eventually, so best to call right when it first happens.

If it is something that is a pattern, simply go to your local police precinct and talk to the shift sergeant during the day. Be calm reasonable, and polite. Ask for a simple drive by once per night-time shift, if any squad cars are available.

If it is 2am, who knows, maybe the police in that part of town are just bored.

RandomGuy
06-13-2011, 12:47 PM
The subdivision I live in here in SA has by far the most "hands on" HOA I've experienced. My personal experience with them, and most of the neighbors I've discussed them with, is that they are very good at enforcing their own agenda only. When they send out their spies to do a random sweep of trashcans left out on trashday, the threatening letters go out that day; does anything come of it, I don't know. Once a year or so they send out the round of "fence in disrepair" notices---most of them get fixed right away, but there are some ratty fences that I know haven't been touched in YEARS and stay that way.

I have a roughly 3x3 area of persistently dead grass on the driveway side of my house; I suspect there is cement or concrete dumped underneath. About 6 yrs ago I got a threatening letter about it in January. I called my yard guy and told him to do whatever he needed to fix it, money was no object as I wanted these clowns off my back. He literally laughed in my face and said "It's winter---nothing will grow, tell them to eff off". So I took no action, did absolutely nothing about it, and have never heard anything to this day and the grass looks exactly the same!

But when my neighbor, and good friend, was trying to deal with a serious situation that violated the bylaws, it took 2 weeks of trying before they even returned a call, and 2 certified letters, for them to say "we'll look into it"; then 6 months later they informed her she needed to get an attorney because they couldn't do anything. TOOTHLESS. They only care to collect dues and maintain entrance landscaping :rolleyes

They are toothless until they fucking sell your house for a $977 fee shortfall.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Frisco-family-who-fought-HOA-over-foreclosure-plans-move-to-Virginia-112609834.html

No trial, no nuthin'. BAM, you lost your house and one of the HOA cronies swooped in and bought it for nuthin'. Today's vocabulary word is "non-judicial foreclosure".

The house, valued at more than $300,000, sold at Denton County's foreclosure auction for $3,201. It was resold more than a year later for $135,000.

Of course the fuckwads who did that to the Iraq war veteran got death threats, and rightfully so.

ashbeeigh
06-13-2011, 01:02 PM
There was a Bill passed this session, RandomGuy that stops HOAs from foreclosing on military homes that don't pay their dues.

http://www.housingwire.com/2011/03/15/texas-bill-to-prevent-hoa-foreclosures-on-active-military-passes-committee

Cuckolded Sissy
06-13-2011, 01:28 PM
are they niglets?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Of course the fuckwads who did that to the Iraq war veteran got death threats, and rightfully so.

That's the dude with the wife that didn't open her mail for 6 months, right?

IIRC, the house was a gift from her parents and she owned it free and clear.

Blake
06-13-2011, 01:36 PM
My personal experience with them, and most of the neighbors I've discussed them with, is that they are very good at enforcing their own agenda only.

This +100

Once a year or so they send out the round of "fence in disrepair" notices---most of them get fixed right away, but there are some ratty fences that I know haven't been touched in YEARS and stay that way.

That's another city ordinance example that they likely would tell the complainant to just call the city.

....when they themselves could just break off a 2-3 minute call as well.

I wish that was a surprise.

fucking management companies.

The Reckoning
06-13-2011, 01:36 PM
if you were badass youd go over there and school the shit out of them...then tell them never to play again.

Blake
06-13-2011, 01:48 PM

It's a shame that all neighbors aren't as nice as you.

When I was a student, I once had a neighbor that had lots of garage band sessions until late into the next morning. I went over and talked to them and they blew me off.

I called the cops the next time, and the next time and the next time until they finally stopped.

Then I found 4 slashed tires on my car.

HighLowLobForBig-50
06-13-2011, 02:10 PM
play them for it

Spurtacus
06-13-2011, 03:26 PM

Yeah man we're in our 20s but living in the same room is the shit. You can set up tower defense games with your beds and pillows and throw action figures and markers at each other.

:rolleyes

Spurtacus
06-13-2011, 03:30 PM
somehwere out there there are lil homies that could've grown up to be the next MJ or Kobe but didn't bc of bitches like u that complained when they were working on there game

mind ur own fkn business or buy earplugs

Working on their game by drinking and smoking?

are they niglets?

They are white which also likely means they won't be the next MJ or Kobe. Maybe if they were German they could be like Dirk.

Spurtacus
06-13-2011, 03:34 PM
If they are keeping the neighbors from sleeping, they are most definitely harming them.

After 10:30pm, the right to a good nights sleep trumps some punk ass kids' right to play basketball.

http://www.amlegal.com/austin_nxt/gateway.dll/Texas/austin/title9prohibitedactivities?fn=altmain-nf.htm$f=templates$3.0

Most cities have similar ordinances.

Great, thx for info.

It's a shame that all neighbors aren't as nice as you.

When I was a student, I once had a neighbor that had lots of garage band sessions until late into the next morning. I went over and talked to them and they blew me off.

I called the cops the next time, and the next time and the next time until they finally stopped.

Then I found 4 slashed tires on my car.

This is exactly my fear and why I haven't approached the neighbor yet. This particular neighbor seems to be friends with another neighbor of mine with their kid also joining in. So the potential to piss off two neighbors with kids is there. They have already damaged some of our plants on our property by walking through them when their ball comes over to our yard. I don't want things to escalate, but eventually something has to be said or else they will keep doing it. This is why I wanted some advice.

Spurtacus
06-13-2011, 03:37 PM
you live in a shitty neighborhood

Average home on my street is valued at about 200K. Not shitty in Austin. Problem is in recent years home owners have moved out and chose to rent their homes. So now we're surrounded by renters.

lefty
06-13-2011, 03:49 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_femhrxbNtS0/S-6Uxyo0Z1I/AAAAAAAAFyI/5QBneRPPk6g/s1600/Sniper_rifle.jpg

desflood
06-13-2011, 03:51 PM
I hate my HOA. Last March (2010) our ac went out, so we installed screen doors in the front and back of the place trying to get a breeze to come through. This past January (2011) we got a notice that we had to apply for a permit for "unauthorized improvements to our home". So we did it, just to humor them, but added a note with the application that the door had been there for 10 months. In March we got another notice: "Your home improvement has been approved, but you must paint it to match the trim on your house." This time we called them and asked what the hell they were talking about, since the screen door does in fact match the garage door (white). Apparently by "trim" they meant the kelly-green false shutters on the upstairs windows.

We're just going to take the damn thing down, sell the house and move to the middle of nowhere.

MannyIsGod
06-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Chances are they're going to know who made the complaint whether you talk to them first or not. You should give your neighbors the benefit of the doubt that they're not complete assholes who are going to slash your tires before you call the cops on them.

RandomGuy
06-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Great, thx for info.

This is exactly my fear and why I haven't approached the neighbor yet. This particular neighbor seems to be friends with another neighbor of mine with their kid also joining in. So the potential to piss off two neighbors with kids is there. They have already damaged some of our plants on our property by walking through them when their ball comes over to our yard. I don't want things to escalate, but eventually something has to be said or else they will keep doing it. This is why I wanted some advice.

The law is definitely on your side. If you are worried about retaliation, a good webcam works wonders.

Best thing to do is to ask the kids directly and politely once or twice to not play too late. If they give you lip, escalate. I always try to give people the chance to do the right thing first. But that is me personally.

My wife and I manage an apartment complex, and deal with stuff like this all the time.

Do consider asking the police for an occasional drive-by. That way they can say they were sort of in the neighborhood anyways, and you don't get in trouble. Do that AFTER you have asked once or twice, and you can always claim you never specifically called them, and still be honest about that.

Blake
06-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Chances are they're going to know who made the complaint whether you talk to them first or not.

Depending on the layout of the neighborhood and the loudness of the kids playing there's a more than good chance that they can only guess who complained.

You should give your neighbors the benefit of the doubt that they're not complete assholes who are going to slash your tires before you call the cops on them.

Not much reason at all to give these types of neighbors any benefit of doubt at all, imo.

ploto
06-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Does Austin have a curfew?

ChuckD
06-13-2011, 09:57 PM

Ah, so they're not really people. Fuck them. Slash tires, egg their car(s), brick their windshields, drive them out.

Kai
06-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Call cops, if you try to handle it yourself then the kids will get wind of it and do shit to piss you off to spite you. That's the kind of shit my dumbass friends did back in the day.

greyforest
06-13-2011, 10:40 PM
buy a noisy electric fan or air purifier

white noise helps cancel out sound

mouse
06-14-2011, 12:11 AM
try this.......

just quit your job and bring a friend one night to they're house and say........ "we got next"

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-14-2011, 12:34 AM
try this.......

just quit your job and bring a friend one night to they're house and say........ "we got next"

Do you not read threads before you post? I'm sure 20 people made that joke before you. lol mouse "comedy"

mouse
06-14-2011, 12:44 AM
who said I was joking?

austN Spur
06-14-2011, 01:47 AM
i live in north austin and i say let them play!

CubanSucks
06-14-2011, 01:58 AM
i live in north austin and i say let them play!

gay

austN Spur
06-14-2011, 02:48 AM
your comments is kobe yelling at referees.

DirkDoesWork
06-14-2011, 02:50 AM
Do you want me to come over and shoot them?

mavsfan1000
06-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Call the cops on them.

Bill_Brasky
06-14-2011, 05:18 PM
I just don't see how someone playing basketball can be that loud, unless they're yelling a lot or something.....they just shooting around or playing full on games?

BlackSwordsMan
06-14-2011, 06:22 PM
I just don't see how someone playing basketball can be that loud, unless they're yelling a lot or something.....they just shooting around or playing full on games?

You know how ''those'' people are.

DirkDoesWork
06-14-2011, 11:31 PM
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/annihilationofthewicked/thats_racist.gif?t=1259610688

MannyIsGod
06-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Update?

DMC
06-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Call the cops. The cops will go there and tell them they have to keep it down. From there you won't have to get sideways with your neighbor. The kids will probably listen. If you go talk to your neighbor, it's just some guy asking. Cops won't fine, just warn.

MannyIsGod
06-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Glad I'm not neighbors with most of you. You guys can't even be bothered to go discuss a problem because your'e fucking scared bitches so resort to the cops right away. Waste of city resources and just fucking shitty.

CubanSucks
06-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Glad I'm not neighbors with most of you. You guys can't even be bothered to go discuss a problem because your'e fucking scared bitches so resort to the cops right away. Waste of city resources and just fucking shitty.

One cop car driving around already not doing anything responding to a noise complaint is wasting resources?

CubanSucks
06-15-2011, 12:16 AM
I'd definitely go talk to them first depending on how shady they usually act, but I can't blame someone for calling the cops first. Even forgetting about the drinking and drugs, just shooting the ball around at 2am is a fucking trashy move already. Unless they're deaf, they should know better

CubanSucks
06-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Um, not sure where you live but in San Antonio and Austin there is no downtime for cops.

In austin there are non stop 24/7 domestic violence and pub intox calls and in san antonio a drunk driver is killing someone every night not to mention the nightly black on black shooting on the east side and the burglary calls 24/7 on the NW side. no downtime. cops dont need to handle a fucking noise complaint when they got tons of bigger shit to handle

I don't give a shit if you live in Newark, NJ. There's always gonna be a cop just cruising somewhere. And if there is a car wreck or murder they're not gonna ignore it to take care of this guys noise complaint. The more important stuff would still get taken care of

Blake
06-15-2011, 08:27 AM

Unless you are on good relations with your neighbor, the potential good that can come out of you introducing yourself by telling them to shut up is as close to zero as is mathematically possible.

Since cops are already tasked with it, it's a minimal, justified use of city resources to ask an officer to enforce a city ordinance.

MannyIsGod
06-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Unless you are on good relations with your neighbor, the potential good that can come out of you introducing yourself by telling them to shut up is as close to zero as is mathematically possible.

Since cops are already tasked with it, it's a minimal, justified use of city resources to ask an officer to enforce a city ordinance.

You live next to people you've never introduced yourself to? I'm not saying you have to be best friends but you don't even know their names? Yeah, I'd agree if you walk over like an asshole and tell them to shut up things aren't going to go well but I always figured you might just ask in a reasonable manner if they could keep it down. To think that automatically ends up with your tires slashed or something bad happening is cynical as shit.

silverblk mystix
06-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Call the cops...the neighbors will never know who called.

The cops aren't going to go reveal who called...they will just approach it as a first warning and just say, "we had some noise complaints from this neighborhood." They will give them a warning and just tell them to use common sense.

If the neighbors are halfway reasonable, they will just curb the noise...end of problem.

Blake
06-15-2011, 10:30 AM
You live next to people you've never introduced yourself to? I'm not saying you have to be best friends but you don't even know their names?

Myself, yup.

I have a privacy fence and thick 9 foot tall red tip photinia up in my back yard and have never talked to the neighbors directly behind me or on either side of him on the back corners.

To think that automatically ends up with your tires slashed or something bad happening is cynical as shit.

I agree, but to ignore the potential for bad stuff is stupid, imo.

if the neighbors get upset about having a cop come to the door and ask them to keep it quiet? chances are they would also get upset if I went over and said the same, imo.

and fuck a crappy neighbor that might get upset for having a cop show up to tell them to keep it down. It's 2 am.