PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's going to lose not one Finals, not two, not three, not four, not five....

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2011, 09:46 PM
:lmao

Maybe you can take your talents to the Winnipeg Warriors and win yourself a Canadian championship or something, you douchebag!

GSH
06-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Never agreed with you more. I hope you're psychic about this one. I'd love for him to retire as the guy who lost the most championship series.

ffadicted
06-12-2011, 09:55 PM
11/10

PBEEZY
06-12-2011, 09:56 PM
11/10

This

DarkGinobili
06-12-2011, 10:05 PM
:lolall I can say is,LOL:elephant:elephant:elephant:elephant

GSH
06-12-2011, 10:06 PM
BTW - LeBron shedding tears on the way to the locker room was special. Bosh falling down to his knees crying on the way to the locker was just icing on the cake.

Maybe that's what happens when you have big-ass celebrations and a parade before the season even starts. Even if I could forgive "The Decision", that pre-season celebration was one of the most nauseating things I've ever witnessed.

SouthTexasRancher
06-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Lavonne James is a LOSER, plain and simple. Once a loser, always a loser!

Tonight was the best thing that could have happened to the NBA showing that just getting a so called elite group together the way Miami did does NOT guarantee one a championship! But, it should have been the Spurs and I hope our guys watched the Mavs and can get their mojo back, especially our aging Big 3.

And to David 'Hitler' Stern...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuu little man! :ihit

Russo21
06-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Never agreed with you more. I hope you're psychic about this one. I'd love for him to retire as the guy who lost the most championship series.

Amen to that brother!:lol

Russo21
06-12-2011, 10:14 PM
BTW - LeBron shedding tears on the way to the locker room was special. Bosh falling down to his knees crying on the way to the locker was just icing on the cake.

Maybe that's what happens when you have big-ass celebrations and a parade before the season even starts. Even if I could forgive "The Decision", that pre-season celebration was one of the most nauseating things I've ever witnessed.

:rollinLMFAO:rollin

Russo21
06-12-2011, 10:23 PM
LeBron's gonna have nightmares about texas. 4-0 sweep by the spurs. 4-2 pounding by the mavs. Just brilliant. LeBron losing yet another finals series is the next best thing behind the spurs winning it all. GTFO LBJ you douchebag.

ducks
06-12-2011, 11:13 PM
they do not trust each other

Wu36
06-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Heat should trade Lebrons talents to the twolves for Love, 2nd pick and other young talent to build around Wade.

ducks
06-12-2011, 11:28 PM
bosh for love?

Spursfan092120
06-12-2011, 11:30 PM

:tu :toast :tu

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Wat a douche:

“Absolutely not, because at the end of the day, all the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

Juggity
06-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Realistically...A year from now, when the spurs have sustained another embarrassing first/second round exit after an injury-plagued season with a declining Manu, Duncan, and Parker, and a rejuvenated Dwight/Kobe/Pau Lakers comes out of the west, it's going to look silly rooting against LeBron. There will be much more important trends to root against than his inevitable victories. The Lakers are the natural enemy. The Heat merely provoke a silly bandwagon hatred.

TJastal
06-13-2011, 01:07 AM
Realistically...A year from now, when the spurs have sustained another embarrassing first/second round exit after an injury-plagued season with a declining Manu, Duncan, and Parker, and a rejuvenated Dwight/Kobe/Pau Lakers comes out of the west, it's going to look silly rooting against LeBron. There will be much more important trends to root against than his inevitable victories. The Lakers are the natural enemy. The Heat merely provoke a silly bandwagon hatred.

I'd still root for Lechoke & Wade over the classless crybaby quartet of Kobe, Odom, Bynum & Fisher any day.

daslicer
06-13-2011, 01:11 AM

Agreed with what you said hundred percent. I was at a bar tonight and I met so many people who hated the Heat but really didn't know shit about basketball. The clincher to me was when this one guy asked me how tall is Dirk and another guy asked me who was Rick Carlisle. The Heat generated a lot of bandwagon hate but for me my hatred will always be directed towards the Lakers. They have the worst fans in all sports.

TJastal
06-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Agreed with what you said hundred percent. I was at a bar tonight and I met so many people who hated the Heat but really didn't know shit about basketball. The clincher to me was when this one guy asked me how tall is Dirk and another guy asked me who was Rick Carlisle. The Heat generated a lot of bandwagon hate but for me my hatred will always be directed towards the Lakers. They have the worst fans in all sports.

There are some really good, decent laker fans on this site though.

Nick Manning
06-13-2011, 01:56 AM
There are some really good, decent laker fans on this site though.

Goddamn right there is

NewJerSpur
06-13-2011, 02:19 AM
crofl i love my life AND i love watching lebron lose

:toast

Never gets old....each choke-job is that much more special than the last. :toast

mavsfan1000
06-13-2011, 03:41 AM
Yes we did.

G-Dawgg
06-13-2011, 04:06 AM
"So I asked Lebron James for a dollar, and he gave me $0.75. I said, "Hey what gives?" His response was, "Sorry man, I don't have a fourth quarter."

Lmao @ Jabroni James :lol

sandman
06-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Wat a douche:

“Absolutely not, because at the end of the day, all the people that were rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day, they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.

“They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal. But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

Understanding the elitist spoiled professional athlete tone that was taken when these comments were made, they are nonetheless technically correct.

The ani-Heat sentiment that has swept up so many in this Finals, celebrating a Heat loss much more than a Mavs win, WILL seem empty and hollow when the day to day of real life kicks back in on Monday morning. And LBJ still has his money, lifestyle and fame.

Don't think for one second that ad agencies aren't already gearing up for The Vindication and that the man is going to make money off of all of this.

Oh, and I hope the Mavs don't think that the masses were rooting for them because they liked them. Had the opponent been the Lakers, Spurs or Thunder, it would not have mattered to the masses. Just as long as whomever it was beat the Heat.

rascal
06-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Lavonne James is a LOSER, plain and simple. Once a loser, always a loser!

Tonight was the best thing that could have happened to the NBA showing that just getting a so called elite group together the way Miami did does NOT guarantee one a championship! But, it should have been the Spurs and I hope our guys watched the Mavs and can get their mojo back, especially our aging Big 3.

And to David 'Hitler' Stern...FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuuuuuu little man! :ihit

James will win titles. It was a great move putting these 3 together because they will win titles in Miami. They came 2 wins away in their first year. Watch out in the future. Next year they will be back and win it.

ducks
06-13-2011, 09:34 AM
not unless they fix their holes

right now the heat have no chemsitry
you can not buy chemsistry

TJastal
06-13-2011, 09:37 AM
James will win titles. It was a great move putting these 3 together because they will win titles in Miami. They came 2 wins away in their first year. Watch out in the future. Next year they will be back and win it.

After this debacle this team as currently constructed is for the most part finished. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see 1 of the 3 gone by next year (I'm betting it will be Lebron). With his contract right now being on the lower scale he is defenitely tradeable and I"m betting that's exactly what the heat ownership will do before he loses his athleticism & becomes washed up and it's too late. Wade's not gettin' any younger, either, and it pretty clear Wade is the centerpiece to build around, not LeRobin.

rascal
06-13-2011, 09:38 AM
not unless they fix their holes

right now the heat have no chemsitry
you can not buy chemsistry

They are not far off at all. They did well in their first yr. with the team they had to throw together. They are much closer than the Spurs.

rascal
06-13-2011, 09:41 AM
After this debacle this team as currently constructed is for the most part finished. Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see 1 of the 3 gone by next year (I'm betting it will be Lebron). With his contract right now being on the lower scale he is defenitely tradeable and I"m betting that's exactly what the heat ownership will do before he loses his athleticism & becomes washed up and it's too late. Wade's not gettin' any younger, either, and it pretty clear Wade is the centerpiece to build around, not LeRobin.

It won't be Lebron. LeBron is still young and a long way from finished up.
There is too much over exaggeration here.

They will fill in some different pieces and come back stong again next year.

ducks
06-13-2011, 09:44 AM
depends on the new cba
heat have 3 max contracts almost

TJastal
06-13-2011, 09:49 AM
It won't be Lebron. LeBron is still young and a long way from finished up.
There is too much over exaggeration here.

They will fill in some different pieces and come back stong again next year.

He's at his peak right now and look at how much fail is in his game. He hasn't developed any post up game, he has no finesse around the basket, no midrange, and he's a massive choker to boot. When his athleticism starts to decline in the next year or so his game is going to fall off a cliff.

ducks
06-13-2011, 09:54 AM
They are not far off at all. They did well in their first yr. with the team they had to throw together. They are much closer than the Spurs.

they are closer then the spurs right now

but lossing is going to cause problems in miama

winning fixes things rember when heat were 8-8
players and coaches were not happy

something is going to slip and someone is going to blame someone for their reason they lost

heat need a big
heat need more plays drawn for them quit the iso
heat need to trust each other and have ball movement

sandman
06-13-2011, 10:24 AM
He's at his peak right now and look at how much fail is in his game. He hasn't developed any post up game, he has no finesse around the basket, no midrange, and he's a massive choker to boot. When his athleticism starts to decline in the next year or so his game is going to fall off a cliff.

Yes, players who have a game predicated on athleticism tend to fall off quicker. I'm not sure that expecting a dropoff in athleticism at 27 though is a realistic analysis of the situation.

As far as his massive choking goes, the Mavs get some credit for that as well. He was playing extremely well coming into the Finals. And in 2007, he single-handedly took the Cavs through the Eastern Conference with a bunch of scrubs, almost averaging a triple double in the playoffs, only to face a well disciplined defensive minded Spurs team. There is not one other starter from that 2007 Cavs team that is having any impact in the NBA today four years later.

Not defending the man, because I personally don't like him, but you make a 2-time MVP, scoring champion, 7-time All NBA and 3-time All NBA Defensive First Team player out to be the second coming of Alfrederick Hughes. As if he is all smoke and mirrors to be exposed at any moment.

It's a fairly decent list of Hofers in the last 20 years that never won a title. At 26, I'm thinking that the opportunity to prove himself has not passed him by. No matter how badly some may want that to happen.

GSH
06-13-2011, 02:03 PM
At 26, I'm thinking that the opportunity to prove himself has not passed him by. No matter how badly some may want that to happen.

Right now, all I care about is that THIS opportunity to prove himself has passed him by. Just take it one failure at a time, and smell the roses along the way.

sandman
06-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Right now, all I care about is that THIS opportunity to prove himself has passed him by. Just take it one failure at a time, and smell the roses along the way.

Sure, I'm not unhappy about him losing either. I was more responding to the tone of the poster. They clearly have a lack of objectivity on his abilities and accomplishments in the league because they don't like him. Jordan took 8 years to win it, Hakeem and DRob took 10 years to win it, Shaq took 8 years to win it. At this point in his career, LBJ is hardly a proven loser that will never win. But if he goes the way of Barkley or Malone, I won't cry.

ducks
06-13-2011, 05:47 PM
what a man you will not cry

GSH
06-13-2011, 06:42 PM
On Monday, the Mavericks flew home to Dallas, where Stevenson was spotted wearing a Mavericks blue and white t-shirt with lettering that read: "Hey LeBron! How's my Dirk taste?" :king

NewJerSpur
06-13-2011, 10:01 PM
On Monday, the Mavericks flew home to Dallas, where Stevenson was spotted wearing a Mavericks blue and white t-shirt with lettering that read: "Hey LeBron! How's my Dirk taste?" :king

:lol

At this stage with him failing miserably on the biggest stage, LeBron will have to do 2 things to have a shot at repairing his legacy:

1) He's going to have to live up to the multiple titles he proclaimed the Heat would secure, not necessarily 8 (which was ridiculous to put out there in the 1st place, but not unexpected given the source) but more than 3 or 4 before the team fractures/splits up and before his physical play starts to catch up to him with age/wear-and-tear which will spring up on him sooner than he even knows with the speed at which he normally plays and the contact he draws from game to game.

2) He's not going to be able to simply ride Wade/Bosh's coattails to the multiple titles in his proclamation, dude is going to have to have a major part in those runs even with the team being lead by another player who can actually play better than him at the same position.

This is the path he's chosen with his "Decision", and one thing is for sure: he can't complain about a lack of help moving forward with what Wade and Bosh left out there.

In the meantime, teams around the Heat will continue to improve and the path to another crack at the :lobt: is likely to become more difficult than it was this season.

GSH
06-13-2011, 10:13 PM
:lol

At this stage with him failing miserably on the biggest stage, LeBron will have to do 2 things to have a shot at repairing his legacy:

I saw an article today - forget who it was, but a credible commentator - that said the problem was people comparing LeBron to MJ, when he's really Scottie Pippen. It said that Pippen was happier passing the ball, and mentioned that Phil Jackson used to call Pippen a "sometimes shooter". It wasn't a perfect analogy, but there were some valid points. James has proven that he isn't a dependable take-over-the-game scoring guy. It's kind of hard to be the best player in the universe without that.

Regardless of whether he ever wins a title, LeBron isn't going to repair his legacy as long as the legacy is supposed to be the second Michael Jordan. For all of his skills, he's already lost that battle. The best player in the universe, surrounded with all the talent he could ask for, and he couldn't take over a game. Without Dwayne Wade, they Heat would have gotten swept. And by that I mean that even with someone pretty damn good in Wade's place, it would have been a blowout. Wade did what LeBron was supposed to be able to do, but couldn't.

Maybe all the LeBron zombies will start to appreciate just how good MJ really was.

NewJerSpur
06-13-2011, 10:35 PM
I saw an article today - forget who it was, but a credible commentator - that said the problem was people comparing LeBron to MJ, when he's really Scottie Pippen. It said that Pippen was happier passing the ball, and mentioned that Phil Jackson used to call Pippen a "sometimes shooter". It wasn't a perfect analogy, but there were some valid points. James has proven that he isn't a dependable take-over-the-game scoring guy. It's kind of hard to be the best player in the universe without that.

Regardless of whether he ever wins a title, LeBron isn't going to repair his legacy as long as the legacy is supposed to be the second Michael Jordan. For all of his skills, he's already lost that battle. The best player in the universe, surrounded with all the talent he could ask for, and he couldn't take over a game. Without Dwayne Wade, they Heat would have gotten swept. And by that I mean that even with someone pretty damn good in Wade's place, it would have been a blowout. Wade did what LeBron was supposed to be able to do, but couldn't.

Maybe all the LeBron zombies will start to appreciate just how good MJ really was.

Good points....add to that that his all-world defense got torched by JET (perimeter) and Marion (perimeter AND in the post) when it counted most and you have a lasting ugly image.

dbreiden83080
06-13-2011, 10:56 PM
He's gonna win rings.. The guy works very hard and is just too talented. It's only a matter of time..

ducks
06-13-2011, 10:58 PM
He's gonna win rings.. The guy works very hard and is just too talented. It's only a matter of time..

works hard?

really I know kobe gets to the gym early
ray allen
there is no talk ever of james getting there earlier

dbreiden83080
06-13-2011, 11:10 PM
works hard?

really I know kobe gets to the gym early
ray allen
there is no talk ever of james getting there earlier

And you're letting them into the gym..

Can i make an appointment?

ducks
06-13-2011, 11:18 PM
can you drive?

dbreiden83080
06-13-2011, 11:28 PM
can you drive?

Carpool.. I got Shotgun..

GSH
06-13-2011, 11:29 PM
And you're letting them into the gym..

Can i make an appointment?

Kobe is known for putting in extra time. LeBron hasn't earned that rep, as far as I can tell. Obviously no one here is in the gym with him. I know LeBron talks about his own work ethic. I don't hear his teammates going on about it.

When Kobe was trying to improve his shooting, he shot until he MADE 2,000 shots per day - every day. When LeBron was trying to improve his shooting, he tried to make 400 shots per day, most days. Those numbers are credibly documented. LeBron's trainer was the one who said 400 shots per day. LeBron's description was something like "however many shots I get up, that's how many I get up." Kobe shot until he made 2,000 shots every day.

Besides - if you add up all the hours LeBron spends shooting commercials, modeling for video games, and making babies how could he have time for extended workouts? Seriously though, listen to how Kevin Durant's teammates (for instance) talk about his work ethic. Nobody says that about LeBron. I never heard anything about LeBron's work ethic that wasn't basically an article scripted by his agent.

dbreiden83080
06-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Kobe is known for putting in extra time. LeBron hasn't earned that rep, as far as I can tell. Obviously no one here is in the gym with him. I know LeBron talks about his own work ethic. I don't hear his teammates going on about it.

When Kobe was trying to improve his shooting, he shot until he MADE 2,000 shots per day - every day. When LeBron was trying to improve his shooting, he tried to make 400 shots per day, most days. Those numbers are credibly documented. LeBron's trainer was the one who said 400 shots per day. LeBron's description was something like "however many shots I get up, that's how many I get up." Kobe shot until he made 2,000 shots every day.

Besides - if you add up all the hours LeBron spends shooting commercials, modeling for video games, and making babies how could he have time for extended workouts? Seriously though, listen to how Kevin Durant's teammates (for instance) talk about his work ethic. Nobody says that about LeBron. I never heard anything about LeBron's work ethic that wasn't basically an article scripted by his agent.

Jesus Christ.. Every word of this is dipped in rampant spec and pure hatred.. I hate to tell you this

the odds of Lebron not winning titles is very very low. He is the best player in the fuckin league on a stacked team.. Hard worker or not...

ducks
06-13-2011, 11:41 PM
lakers got gp,mailman,kobe and did not in a title

dbreiden83080
06-13-2011, 11:43 PM
lakers got gp,mailman,kobe and did not in a title

For 1 year..

And the Mail-Man was out of business..

NewJerSpur
06-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Heat beat up on a young Sixers team with a new coaching staff, a banged up Celtics team with chemistry issues and a 1-man offense in Chicago and still couldn't ring despite finishing each series in 5 games, not to mention the Mavs were poised to choke away another shot at a ring until Miami did the honors 1st.

Be interesting to see how the rest of the league regroups and what they have to say in the matter. I will say I don't think I've ever seen travelling called so much in one series on LeBron....it was refreshing to say the least.